[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss Gym Leaders and Elite 4/Champion Members.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

Let's discuss Gym Leaders and Elite 4/Champion Members.

How do they determine exactly what spot each Gym Leader takes? Because with Cheren's team and Origins it's stated they ease up on the trainers, but what determines exactly where they are in line?

For example why is Misty below Blaine, and why does Drayden end up going back to 7th for BW2 when Marlon joins?

What determines all of this stuff? Do some people even use the type they want to use, such as Cheren, or is it all pre-determined by the League, or is it purely a family thing such as Koga/Jasmine?

How do you upgrade from Gym Leader to Elite 4 member such as Koga? How do some of the Champions even become Champions with their teams? Blue for instance never should have made it through the Kanto E4, but he does, and he seems to get special privileges when it comes to being a Gym Leader.

So how does all this actually work?
>>
>>25756295
I don't know
>>
>>25756295
Fuck if I know
>>
>>25756295
I think each trainer shows the leader his badges and then the leader decides his team.
For example: Let's say im a cinnabar island native. I face Blain with no badges, so he'll use a level 12 Magby
>>
>Because with Cheren's team and Origins it's stated they ease up on the trainers

I didn't know about that...
What is the 100% would be? Those postgames teams?
>>
>>25756381
Probably their PWT teams
>>
>>25756295
I would imagine, like in the Origins example you brought up, they have multiple Pokemon at different levels and base the teams they're going to use on how many badges you have. This would mean there isn't a set order. Might also explain (in-game), why the Kanto leaders have high level Pokemon in HGSS, as you've already earned 8 badges to start and you've already been crowned champion.
>>
>>25756371
See that makes sense, but what determines their type, I assume it's all because it's what they personally choose, but what of Cheren? Why does Blue get special privileges, because he's a former Champ?

What of the E4 as well, how is that order determined, because it's always preset, is it just how far you make it and you can choose to take that spot, for example Koga managed to only beat Lorelei and he took her spot?

I wonder what determines the age requirements too, because Jasmine is what like 8? But she's allowed to be a Gym Leader.
>>
>>25756295
>For example why is Misty below Blaine, and why does Drayden end up going back to 7th for BW2 when Marlon joins?

Thats because of the route the player takes, if someone started from humilau city the first gym leader would be marlon.
>>
>>25756396
>8
>jasmine
what
>>
>>25756407
Well she's not that old anon, I suppose Tate/Liza would have been a better example.
>>
>>25756396
I would assume type is up to the specific trainer.

E4 seems to vary throughout each league (spot wise). There hasn't been any good indicator in any canon source, so think of something for your own person headcanon.

Oh, and Jasmine is definitely not 8.
>>
I wonder if the PWT was an actual huge tournament whose PWT team would come out victorious, guess it depends on the match-ups. I'd imagine a few would be hard to take down like Valeria and Blue.

We should do that sometimes, have a randomly generated tournament and people get to pick which Gym Leader they want to be and then head online to battle tournament style.
>>
>>25756428
There are two of them though, so you have to add their age.

Even if they're both only 5, it adds up to 10, so they're of age.
>>
>>25756407
He means Kogas daughter, Janine, who does appear to be a good deal younger than most gym leaders.
>>
>>25756468
If they were added, the youngest Gym Leader we know for sure of would be Blue and he's 14 by that point.
>>
>>25756371

Yeah even before Origins came out, this is how I always assumed it worked.

I mean not every kid starts in Pallet Town. What do you do when you're the kid who grew up in Saffron and want to be a trainer, there's a gym right next door. Do you not come back to town for the Marsh Badge until after you're strong enough?

Though in fairness, Sabrina could just pull the move your dad did in Gen 3.
>>
>>25756407
Old enough to gtfo from Johto to Sinnoh for a while.

pwt is not canon
>>
>>25756396
My headcanon is that you actually have to fill a formal request to become Gym leader/E4. It's not a matter of "you beat him, you take his place"
You send a curriculum, a jury examines yout battle skill and then they put you into a gym. Probably every single leader has beaten the champion at some point, but the champ stays there until another more qualified champ is elected
>>
>>25756295
>How do you upgrade from Gym Leader to Elite 4 member such as Koga?

I always assumed that Lorelei and Agatha retired in those 2 years and thus slots were open.
>>
>>25756487
I'm willing to bet that Norman wanted a real fight from his kid, not the snorefest that most first badge fights are. He wanted to let loose, just a little bit.
>>
>>25756514
>Norman
>wanted to let loose
>His pokemon don't even obey and fall asleep

Poor Norman.
>>25756487
Saffron was always curious to me since there are two Gyms and one isn't officially recognized, or at least isn't anymore.
>>
Going from the anime where Flint challenges Cynthia for her title as champion, I'm assuming that any E4 member can make an official challenge as long as it's documented because in the episode it was a whole ordeal to set up. If some random schmo somehow managed to defeat her it wouldn't count for more than bragging rights.

I assume the same thing goes for E4 positions, someone who's collected 8 badges can make an official claim to an E4 position and obtain it if it goes through appropriate regulations.

Gym leaders can just make a gym as long as they get the go ahead and approval from the regional pokemon league, there have been several instances in the anime where stand alone gyms are encountered by the team but not battled. A trainer only have to get a 8 of any assortment of badges to be eligible to compete in the league.
>>
>>25756531

The difference in the anime and game is that the anime has a tournament for a pokemon league and the winner of that is then eligible to challenge the E4 in the Champions league.
>>
>>25756396
I think Blue plays fast and loose with the rules of Gym Leaders. Given Giovanni's presence as a leader, and Sabrina's minor gang war with the fighting gym, I don't think Kanto looks too closely at what leaders do as long as they do their job.
>>
>>25756538
Well Kanto did let a Yakuza/Mafia based organization run around like it was nothing. Wasn't the only instance of the Police doing something is when that Rocket member stole TM Dig and even then he was just chilling in the backyard and the officer was just like "Sorry kid, crime scene!"

Kanto, the Lawless Region.
>>
File: PWT Kanto.png (56KB, 1279x576px) Image search: [Google]
PWT Kanto.png
56KB, 1279x576px
>>25756459
Here ya go, did this based on RNG for the Gym Leaders, at least for Kanto.

Given their PWT teams, who would win guys?
>>
>>25756615
It'll come down to Sabrina and Gary
>>
>>25756625
This, based on that Tournament, Sabrina/Blue easily. Erika would make it pretty far herself.

Sabrina/Blue would be iffy just because they both have Psychic so it'd come down to who can OHKO the others fast enough, likely Blue would win since he's already beat her once, I'd imagine he'd have some inkling of how she works.
>>
>>25756615
Blue wins, he could sweep almost every Gym Leader with just Gyarados and Alakazam alone.
>>
>>25756536
Victory Road is basically an analogue of said tournament in game.
>>
>>25756615
Sabrina is Blue's only real challenge. Misty would be too depending on a few factors, but matched up against Erika, she's done.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.