[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good Pokemon like games? Preferably lesser known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What are some good Pokemon like games? Preferably lesser known ones, I've had my fair share of Digimon and Monster Rancher.

Pic related, has to be one of my favorites.
>>
youkai watch
>>
>>25753408
came here to post this
>>
Have you played DQ Monsters?
>>
>>25753365
IIRC Dragon Quest V actually did the monster capture thing a year before Pokemon was released.

My biggest issue with the game though is that whether or not you recruit a monster is entirely up to RNG and you have no way to influence it, like how in Pokemon you can obviously buy better balls if you want a better chance of capturing a Pokemon.

Still a great game, and Bianca bestgirl.
>>
>>25753408
Tried it, can't get into it.

>>25753434
Yep, one of my first games was DQM actually.
>>
Far Cry Primal
>>
This question gets asked too often, it'd be great if we had a recommendation image akin to the ones other boards have
>>
Golden Sun
>>
>>25753365
>looked for this dq game for ages
>local gamestops have 4 and 6 only
>drive to visit grandma last Thanksgiving
>stop in small local game store in some dead ass backwoods town on the way
>they have dq 5 in gamestop box with gamestop used $24.99 sticker on it
>ask for their price as it's not their sticker
>$44.99 plus tax, extra $4.99 plus tax for the gamestop box too
>walk out, bump into dvd rack and hear chain reaction of everything falling as I leave

If you're gonna rob me be reasonable. I'd have paid $15-25 for it (with box)
>>
>>25753489
Just emulate the SNES version.
>>
>>25753365
I really liked DQV
>slimeknight MVP

Shame the rom I was playing was corrupted. I got the boat and was sailing around but crossing an invisible line near the bottom of the map made the screen go black.
>>
>>25753522
This tbqh senpai

Four instead of 3 party slots also not shit sprites.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei is `sorta' like Pokemon.
Either way, it's a good, fun RPG with lots of recruitable enemies, like Pokemon.
SMT Strange Journey and SMT IV are both easily available right now. SMT IV Final is still Japan-only though.
>>
>>25753365
Thanks for reminding me that DragonQuest VII and VIII are getting rereleases this year.
>>
>>25753408
I think OP meant games with gameplay like pokemon, not 'catch monsters'

Yokai Watch is 3 minigames over and over again.
>>
>>25753438
Deborah's my favorite. Bianca felt a bit too focused on that single ghost hunt in the mansion in the party text.
>>
File: 165392_screenshot_03_l.jpg (76KB, 502x301px) Image search: [Google]
165392_screenshot_03_l.jpg
76KB, 502x301px
>>25753365
Monster Hunter 4U is fun and revovles around fighting different creatures. You also have your palico (pet) who fights alongside you. But it's an action/adventure game and not really an RPG. It's definitely a different experience from Pokemon, but still something a Pokemon fan might like.

Fire Emblem is turn based and requires you to build a team before you go into battle, but apart from the dragon-blood characters you have no real "creatures" on your team, so it's a real stretch comparing the two.

It's not exactly "Pokemon-like", but the Yu-Gi-oh GX tagforce games on PSP are probably a good bet for their focus on collection. Pokemon fans tend to also like YuGiOh for some reason, and these are some of the most solid YuGiOh games out there along with Duelists of the Roses.
>>
Can someone go over how DQM compares to Pokemon? I've read you can't directly controls monsters' actions and instead only give them suggestions, which sounds lame.
>>
>>25753871
When I was 6 or 7 my Grandma accidentally bought me Dragon Warrior Monsters for Christmas instead of Pokemon Gold.

That was the greatest mistake ever made. I've played every Pokemon game ever and none of them even come close to DQM.

Just fucking play them. The GBC, GBA & DS ones.
>>
>>25753871
This isn't true, and also you're not stuck with just four moves
>>
Azure dreams is pretty good. It plays sorta like pokemon mystery dungeon. Even has monster fusion to create new monsters pass down special abilities and change elements. The story is really good too, i suggest anyone into emulating old monster catching games give it a try.
>>
>>25754657
I've only played the PlayStation version. And in 16 years I've never got higher than floor 14. Fucking griffins and krackens fuck up my day.
>>
>>25753365
>DQ5
>lesser known
What
It also came first
>>
>>25753856
Hyped for MHG?
>>
>>25753856
Go with what this guy said and play MH4U anyway, it's a great game and will definitely tide you over for the wait.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.