[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question: Do Pokemon take more damage after you use items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Dream_Full_Restore_Sprite.png (5KB, 64x90px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Full_Restore_Sprite.png
5KB, 64x90px
Simple question: Do Pokemon take more damage after you use items on them, or is there some damage modifier (besides stuff like crits) that I'm not aware of?

Ever since the earliest gens I would find that, for example, if you got an Elite 4 Pokemon down to red with a single move, they would then use a full restore, and if you used the same move again it would faint them next time instead of putting them back into red. Always did more damage. How come?
>>
>>25750138
>damage spread
It's part of the reason why competitive pokemon is an unsalvageable mess
>>
>>25750138
>Do Pokemon take more damage after you use items on them?

No.
>>
>>25750172
>damage spread

Tell me more

Most games usually have variable damage like this but I assume dPokemon didn't because moves always have an associated power listed with them. I just assumed they did their listed power and then factored in level difference, STAB, and type matchups
>>
>>25750138
I've never heard of things like this.

However, I think there might be a random aspect to damage calculations. It'd explain what happened- one minute that hit would do, say, 93 damage and it'd be healed up, the next it'd do, say, 98 damage and be a 1HKO. If the situation was reversed, and you got 98 damage first, you wouldn't see the situation get played out.
>>
Ive always noticed the same thing. Since Gen 1. If they healed their mon, i did more dmg the next turn
>>
>>25750201
Every time a regular attack is executed, the actual damage caused is adjusted by a random multiplier - an integer percentage between 85% and 100%.
In Generations I and II, the random modifier does not have uniform probability for all percentages between 85 and 100. This is because the computer will generate a random number from 217 to 255 (217 is about 85.10% of 255), multiply it by 100, and then divide it by 255, to get the random number from 85 to 100 that the computer will divide by 100 to get the final adjustment.
As a result, the odd numbers from 85 to 89 and the even numbers from 90 to 98 have a 7.69% (3 in 39) probability of being chosen, while the even numbers from 86 to 88 and the odd numbers from 91 to 99 have a 5.13% (2 in 39) probability of being chosen. The number 100, the least probable number, has a mere 2.56% (1 in 39) chance of being chosen.
In all subsequent games, the random adjustment is determined by generating a 4 bit number (0 through 15). The computer then subtracts it from 100, and then divides the result by 100 to get the final adjustment. This results in the same integer percentage between 85% and 100%, with an even distribution of occurrence.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.