[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the hardest Pokemon to catch in each of the generations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1179077695376.gif (46KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1179077695376.gif
46KB, 500x400px
What are the hardest Pokemon to catch in each of the generations? Besides the obvious Event Pokemon?

For example, trying to catch Shuckle in X and Y is pretty hard if you don't have a friend safari, it only has a 5% encounter rate and you need to rely on smashing a small amount of rocks in a area, which doesn't always guarantee in a Pokemon encounter.
>>
I guess Feerbas is the obvious one for R/S/E...
>>
Chansey in gen 1 and FR/LG
>>
>>25748524
>mfw i decided to catch shuckle on a whim and got one on the first rock without knowing the encounter rate

maybe i should try my hand at shiny hunting

Never tell me the odds.
>>
spiritomb in gen4

thanks gamefreak for making it obscure as fuck in the first place and now virtually impossible to get
>>
>>25748524
>my friend tells me clefairy is a dime a dozen in r/b/y, i think its fucking annoying to catch
Can you tell which of us is the patient one?
>>
>>25748524
Munchlax in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
>>
>>25752243
That feel when you have no friends and play pokemon as a single-player game.
Damn.
>>
>>25748538
>tfw catch a shiny Feebas in Emerald
>>
>>25752271
*caught
>>
File: 1458487778889.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1458487778889.png
113KB, 222x280px
>>25748524

Beldum in whichever gens they are wild. Who thought it was a wonderful idea to give a pokemon both a recoil move and a low catch rate?
>>
>>25752685
Interestingly enough, Pokemon never made me learn braille: I learnt braille for fun years later without even remembering Pokemon existed.
>>
>>25748554
>Chansey rare in gen 1
>fairly common in Unknown Dungeon
I'll give you the remakes though
>>
Celebi was probably the hardest Pokemon to get legitimately in Generation 3. Even for an Event Pokemon. You pretty much needed to have a Japanese Colosseum bonus disc with Celebi on it, or be lucky enough to live close to a place where Nintendo was distributing it back in 2006.
>>
>>25748538
Don't forget Chimecho
>>
>>25752261
Try getting a female combee son
>>
>>25752243
It was easy at least in ORAS
How was Spiritomb got in Gen V
>>
>>25752243
I'm thinking Spiritomb as the current and overall most pain in the ass. My living dex is missing just a dozen or so prevos I just need to breed for, and spiritomb. Spiritomb is now the only pokemon besides a handful of event mon that I've never owned.
>>
>>25754750
You have to do the Yancey one a day trading chain for like 20 or so days in bw2 iirc.
>>
>>25754746
Female Combee isn't bad at all. What are you talking about? Combee is the most common honey tree Pokemon and because only the Pokemon's species is determined before the battle, you can just sr in front of the honey tree until you get a female one which isn't even that bad. Munchlax on the other hand is a 1% encounter that can only even appear on 4 of the 21 trees throughout the whole game which are randomly generated each new game.
>>
File: WVW69i8gWSAugog7Vw[1].png (3KB, 320x120px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69i8gWSAugog7Vw[1].png
3KB, 320x120px
>>25748524
>Chansey in FRLG
the originals had the postgame crutch of encountering them in the Cerulean Cave, making that shit significantly less of a chore, but by god, catching a Chansey in gen 3 and breeding an acceptable one in order to teach it Thunder Wave and Seismic Toss by tutor so I can use it as part of my gen Battle Revolution roster was one of the biggest timesinks I've done in a video game.
Although, playing Red's Virtual Console release I managed to catch every single rare Safari Zone Pokemon, including Chansey, within roughly two hours. Fancy that.
>>
>>25748524
HA Shelmet and HA Karrablast are impossible to get in the wild now that Dream World is kill.
>>
File: CY4pCw3WMAA7uVU.jpg (8KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
CY4pCw3WMAA7uVU.jpg
8KB, 235x235px
The rarest are wild Wynauts in RSE.
>>
>>25748554
Imo Tauros was harder to catch in gen 1
>>
>>25754813
Hey they're really common... When the island actually shows up. You know I've played emerald like seven times and gave never seen mirage island.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.