[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the anime was never really good, but what's the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Pokémon_episode_1_screenshot.png (14KB, 180x133px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_episode_1_screenshot.png
14KB, 180x133px
I know the anime was never really good, but what's the last episode/season that holds nostalgia or relevance for you?
>>
>>25745017
XY and DP since they're the best two seasons imo.

Inb4 nostalgiashitters
>>
>>25745017
The last time I felt anything other than undying hatred for the anime was the end of DP. That's pretty much it. Nostalgia means nothing to me, and DP itself is highly exaggerated.
>>
DP, after that I quit watching because BW was awful
>>
I still think only the very first season is worth watching, and even then it's only about half of it.

The instant you see Brock slipping from "wow that girl over there is cute. Maybe I'll ask her out if this episode goes well" down to " TITS! Must act like Sexual predator!!", you'll know you've hit the downward slope.
>>
AT LEAST 150 OR MORE TO SEE
TO BE A POKEMON MASTER IS MY
DESTINYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>25745017

I am gonna get a lot of flack for this but... Battle Frontier. Kickass theme song and meeting the frontier brains was cool. Also fighting legendaries every few episodes was fun.

I still watched DP from time to time and played till 4th gen but I really stopped watching the show with interest after that.
>>
The ashnime hasn't been good since DP.
>>
File: ezgif-2622713030.gif (322KB, 476x270px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-2622713030.gif
322KB, 476x270px
>>25745699
>>
File: 51HFHCPMVYL.jpg (59KB, 333x475px) Image search: [Google]
51HFHCPMVYL.jpg
59KB, 333x475px
I've caught up with the anime, and it gets pretty good in XYZ. But there are three episodes that strum my nostalgia strings every time. The OS episodes where Ash catches Muk in the power plant, Ash competes in the P1 Grand Pri with his Primape, and when the Diglett try to stop the building of a dam.
My parents bought me the VHS that contained those 3 episodes and I would watch them almost everyday before school since my parent's truck at the time had a TV and VHS player.

>pic related
>>
>>25745691
Everyone forgot their personality in Kanto when they went to the Orange Islands
>>
>>25745017
Does The Birth of Mewtwo count? That was the only good thing to come out of the anime even though it's an adaption of the radio drama.
>>
File: fuck sean.png (149KB, 217x335px) Image search: [Google]
fuck sean.png
149KB, 217x335px
Listen, I'm always going to have nostalgia for this damn show's first season and that's just how it is. I got the stupid VHS in the mail that advertised the game and tv series that would begin airing and would influence my life for almost 20 years now.

>School of Hard Knocks
>Pokemon Shipwreck
>The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
>The Tower of Terror
>The Punchy Pokemon
>Flame Pokemon-athon
>The Bridge Bike Gang
>Volcanic Panic
>Snow Way Out
>The Pika-huna
>Bad to the Bone

I could watch any of these at anytime and love it. Of course there were episodes that sucked...

>The Kangaskhan Kid
>Who Gets to Keep Togepi

It just felt more like episodes were short stories that happened in the world of Pokemon, not just "trainer/pokemon of the week have a problem and the protagonists fix the problem at the last minute by beating team rocket's latest dr. robotnik style robot".

I'm still upset about Ash leaving Primeape, Haunter, AND Pigeot.
>>
>>25745017

Ash vs Paul and that Electevire dropping
>>
>>25745917
I think that's due to suddenly becoming a worldwide phenomenon.

This same shit happened to Mickey Mouse and the Simpsons. You're only Marketable if you're a flanderization of one characteristic.
>>
>>25745017
Can't beat the heat. The conclusion of the Gary vs Ash rivalry in Johto and that final showdown between Charizard and Blastoise. The music was awesome, the scene was great and it's just nostalgia incarnate.

Ok! was the best pokemon opening and the instrumental version is just as awesome.

Honorable mentions to this scene, which still gives me shivers https://youtu.be/RBJ2SFZxUB4?t=247
That might be the best pokemon entrance in the entire anime.

Also many scens from the DP anime were memorable. Paul was the best rival and overall the DP anime is probably the best pokemon anime has offered.
>>
Episode 48
Holy Matrimony

Solid episode. Heavy Team Rocket. Actually funny.
>>
>literally any episode with a giant pokemon
>>
First episode gets to me
This too https://youtu.be/5i8tCNDTr3I
>>
>>25746330
Oh shit nigger. That instantly makes me recall that dancing gym in the orange islands. HAHAHAHA
>>
>>25746019

>Not being upset that he lost Butterfree
>>
>>25746019
>not liking the Kangaskhan Kid

Did someone drop you out of a Helicopter when you were a kid anon?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.