[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just "finished" Yellow >Have caught everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Yellow_EN_boxart.png (1MB, 1021x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow_EN_boxart.png
1MB, 1021x1024px
>Just "finished" Yellow
>Have caught everything but the red/blue exclusives
>Can't finish the game because 1) no friends, 2) no global trade support, and 3) no pokebank support to switch mons over from my red and blue games

Is this what it was like being a gen 1 kid?

This is fucking awful.
>>
>plays pokemon
>has no friends
>>
>>25735448
Yes?
>>
>>25735448

Sorry, I should have realized that was default and didn't need saying.
>>
>>25735459
Just play VNs like the rest of us, video games are a friends thing
>>
>>25735402
>no pokebank support
I thought the whole joke about the VC release of RBY was that it had bank support?
>>
>>25735402

Why does wireless not even let you put up an offer to someone whose friend code you have? That way you could at least evolve your pokemon for the Gen 1 rereleases (if you're willing to buy the same game twice) and for all your DS games.
>>
You could always use the Trainer-Fly glitch
>>
Mew glitch them? Or buy the others on another ds. I'd be willing to bet you have multiple if you have no friends.

That's what I did.
>>
>>25735491
>Or buy the others on another ds

I can understand buying different versions of the game

I'll NEVER understand fags who buy multiple consoles.
>>
>>25735402
Where do you live OP maybe one of us can be your friend desu
>>
Back then you could always trade mons with random kids at school, you didnt even need to know each other or be friends.
>>
>>25735402
No, it wasn't. In 99 everyone had friends.
>>
>>25735530
Bumfuck, South Korea
>>
Being a gen 1 kid was fine.

My friends helped me get the version exclusives and Pokemon stadium helped me get the other starters, hitmon, and fossils.

I'm just glad that back then, there weren't version exclusive legendaries.
>>
>>25735562
>tfw I was the only kid with a link cable and a Action Replay

Trading Mews for sandwiches, money and Pokemon cards.
>>
File: me when I was in third grade.jpg (17KB, 109x102px) Image search: [Google]
me when I was in third grade.jpg
17KB, 109x102px
>>25735590
I didn't.
>>
File: waste of money.jpg (123KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
waste of money.jpg
123KB, 600x494px
>>25735491
>>
Wait, the "no friends" thing is actually real and not some overused meme?
>>
>>25735402
>Playing pokemon on a paid emulator that doesn't even support trading with yourself

There's literally no excuse for this. Either play the real thing on a real gameboy or use an emulator that's actually decent.
>>
>>25735491
I've been doing the mew glitch with ditto, completed the dex in a couple of days and am sitting on boxes of mew, mewtwo and zapdos.

Though if you got yellow you can't dupe.
>>
>>25735402
No because when it came out, practically every kid had a gameboy and a Pokemon game

I did know a couple kids with two GBCs though who would trade shit to himself all the time. I guess if your parents spoiled you enough then it was fine
>>
>>25735402

>tfw younger brother also into pokemon
>tfw free trades
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.