[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 6.5fags will perform all manner of mental contortions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: NEW_POKEMON.png (119KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
NEW_POKEMON.png
119KB, 600x300px
>Gen 6.5fags will perform all manner of mental contortions to explain away this bird as not being the harbinger of a new generation

For what purpose?
>>
>>25734076
Honestly Magearna should have been enough, but this was a damning addition.

Clearly denial is the most powerful force in the universe though, we should harness its infinite potential for free energy.
>>
Most gen 6/6.5 supporters know there are new Pokemon. The argument is that new Pokemon isn't necessarily an indicator of a new gen. Especially when ORAS added megas, abilities, and items mid gen.
>>
>>25734413
The argument is retarded though.
>>
>B-but maybe we'll go back to Kalos! Even if there are new pokemon, if there's no new region it's 6.5!
>muh compatibility
Pretty much the only arguments I've seen 6.5 fags bring up and they're all bullshit.
Half a generation doesn't make sense but those dimwits don't seem to grasp the fact that new pokemon = new generation
>>
>>25734419
No it isn't.
>>
>>25734413
What defines a new gen if not new Pokémon?
>>
that was a stretch wasn't it OP
>>
>>25734076
Why can't it be both?

A new generation that directly ties into the last? Like gold and silver
>>
>>25734425
By that logic Johto would be gen 1.5
>>
>>25734425
But it literally is. It's like that weird kid in the corner that wants you to smell his finger.

It makes no sense and disgusts us.
>>
>>25734439
Mechanics, engine, compatibility. If SM has the same graphics as gen 6, uses the same pentagon system as gen 6, has the same mechanics as gen 6, can battle and trade with gen 6, then it's gen 6. Regardless of there being new Pokemon and a new region.
>>
>>25734464
This is the correct answer
>>
>>25734076
The only thing I could see as a good argument for gen 6.5 is if we get no new starters (which I really doubt anyway...)

Otherwise, as it was mentioned here, going back to the previous region already happened in GSC and it was not labeled as "gen 1.5"
>>
>>25734464
>graphics
Irrelevant
>pentagon
Irrelevant
>mechanics
This i can understand
>Battle & Trade
The sole presence of new Pokémon means incompatibility
>>
>>25734464
I agree
>>
>>25734480
It's an autistic answer.
>>
>>25734528
>what was Gen 2
>>
>>25734528
>Irrelevant
Nope. Every gen so far has had changed graphics and a distinct aesthetic. Even DP to BW despite being on the same system.

>Irrelevant
Nope. There are exactly 2 slots left. They programmed it specifically to work only with gen 6 games. If it uses this same system, it'll be clear the games are gen 6. The whole point of the pentagon is to determine what generation a Pokemon is from.

>The sole presence of new Pokémon means incompatibility
Not any more than the sole presence of new megas/abilities/moves in ORAS meant incompatibility.
>>
>>25734621
We have explained over and over why you are wrong, can fuck off already and stop spreading your autism?

6 days and you will be stopping either way, just do us a favour and do it early.
>>
>>25734641
>We have explained over and over why you are wrong
Nah

> can fuck off already and stop spreading your autism?
Nah

>6 days and you will be stopping either way
If I'll be stopping it'll be because I'll be laughing too hard at all the BTFO gen 7 fags when the footage looks the same as XY and ORAS.
>>
>>25734413
>>25734425
>>25734464
>>25734621
>>25734657

All you guys did was prove more and more that this is gen 7 with this stupid ass logic.
>>
>>25734657
>Nah

Deny it if you want, but you have been proven wrong multiple times.

>Nah again
Really, how autistic are you?

>It will look like X/Y or OR/AS
Only chance of that is because of technical limitations, and even then it will still look different, so have fun being wrong and taking it up the butt on Saturday.
>>
>>25734657
So... You're saying that,even if it's a new region with new Pokemon, but it looks the same as XY/ORAS, it's Gen 6? Fucking Christ, thank god autism isn't contagious.
>>
>>25734076
>For what purpose?
For the purpose of having fun riling up everybody else. The majority of people on the 'Gen 6.5' train are simply people who are doing it because they know it pisses others off. It amuses them.

It doesn't matter who gets proven wrong or right, because since this is an anonymous image board, nobody will actually lose face of any kind. It's all a bunch of meaningless nonsense.
>>
>>25734464
>the same graphics as gen 6
It's most likely going to have the same graphics, maybe slightly improved. You can't go much further from what we have now. Remember how there wasn't much of a graphical difference between RBY and GSC besides the color and better sprites? I'm sure that's once again going to be the case. They'll improve a few things but it's not going to be as big as the changes between gen 2 and 3.

>the same mechanics as gen 6
Every game so far has had the same mechanics as the previous games. I can't think of any they removed, because they mostly just added new ones and kept the old ones. The games will very likely have the same mechanics as XY plus maybe new ones.

>can battle and trade with gen 6
RBY could trade with GSC, you could transfer you pokemon from RSE to DPP, from DPP to BW/BW2 and with pokemon bank to XY. They will find a way for us to trade pokemon between generations. Even if it's just pokemon bank, at least there's a way. As for the battling, so far we couldn't battle between generations, but maybe they'll find a way. Perhaps they could do it the same way they did with the trading between gen 1 and 2. Just allow certain pokemon and moves to be used.
>>
>>25734724
>It's most likely going to have the same graphics, maybe slightly improved. You can't go much further from what we have now

If it's the same it'll be an indicator. NONE of the gens have the same graphics. Even gen 1 and gen 2 the in-battle sprites are vastly different style. Even if they reuse Pokemon models there are still a multitude of ways they could make SM look different.

>Every game so far has had the same mechanics as the previous games
No they don't. Only games of the same gen share the same set of mechanics. Otherwise battling doesn't work because of conflicting mechanics.

>RBY could trade with GSC
But it can't battle.

>you could transfer you pokemon from RSE to DPP, from DPP to BW/BW2 and with pokemon bank to XY
Transferring isn't battling and trading.

>but maybe they'll find a way
Yeah by making it the same gen.
>>
>>25734724
>They will find a way for us to trade pokemon between generations.
You just answered yourself with Pokemon Bank. Since the very intention from the beginning with Pokemon Bank was to create a feature capable of being used across multiple generations beyond just one of them.
>>
File: 1387577935749.jpg (83KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1387577935749.jpg
83KB, 456x386px
If the trailer showcasing only the first iteration games leading up to sun/moon, new pokemon, and new region wasn't enough for you motherfucking idiots:

Due to the fact that RBGY mons can transfer to S/M and not to gen 6 is a clear sign we're already getting new mechanics to benefit both gen 1 and gen 6 games.

>NoE said it was new generation b-but it's PR!
>Zygarde didn't get his game, there's stuff in the datamine!
>Implying all events ever datamined happend (Azure Flute, Lock Capsule, etc)
>Implying they can't just carry shit over to the next game
We could get Eternal Flower Floette as an event later this year since HA Legendaries are being released now. Also why else would the RELEASE EVERY MYTHICAL POKEMON to the end of the year for gen 6 until Sun/Moon? WHY? Because it's a NEW GENERATION.

You're fucking D E L U S I O N A L
>>
>>25734800
I just want to add to the Bank and R/B/Y/G thing with a piggyback comment: they already confirmed they are upgrading bank. If the gen 1 VC games were ever meant to connect with X/Y, they would be able to program Bank to do the legality conversion rather than have that functionality in SuMo.

There isn't a logical reason to exclude X/Y and OR/AS, at all, unless it was a new gen.
>>
>>25734749
>Even gen 1 and gen 2 the in-battle sprites are vastly different style.
Did you even read the rest of what I wrote? I did mention that the sprites looked much different. By saying that they could make SM look different in a multitude of ways you just further prove that it'll be a new generation. But honestly, the graphics don't matter too much anyway. There are other factors that provide more proof that it'll be a new generation.

>Otherwise battling doesn't work because of conflicting mechanics.
Or, you know, because of new pokemon and new moves? They carried over a lot of the mechanics. We just couldn't fight between generations because they always added new pokemon, new items, lots of new things. It's not necessarily because of the mechanics.

>But it can't battle.
Because technology was much more limited back then.

>Transferring isn't battling and trading.
I never directly said that it is. I do see it as an alternative to trading though.

>Yeah by making it the same gen.
Or by doing it the way I mentioned? O they'll find an entirely different way? They don't have to make it the same generation for it to work.
>>
>>25734464

Pretty much what >>25734528 said.

>Graphics
The only thing they can do up to this point, if they plan to release SM in the N3DS is to improve the 3D that ORAS (and up to a point XY) had, contrary to what GS and BW did, despite being in the same consoles as RBY and DPPl respectively.

>Pentagon
I really dont see this as a factor, since its a method to identify pokemon from XYORAS for tournaments, probably will be the same in SM

>Mechanics
Agree with this, pretty much all the Gens changed the game mechanics.

>Battle/Trade
Just refrain to Gen2, trading would be meaningless if GF just applied something akin to the Time Capsule in SM, or just simple trading, making restriction for new pokes/megas/moves/abilities/items.

If there is no way to battle, then they are two different gens, simple as that.

Also, new pokemon will definitely mean a new gen, simple as that.

>tl;dr New pokemons = new gen
>>
>>25734446
To be fair the term generation didn't exist until about gen 3.
>>
>>25734464
Calling SM Gen 6 or 6.5 is like saying all Skylander games are a single generation
>>
What kind of shit is a "6.5" anyway, people would see new pokemon and immediately think it's gen 7. It would be some confusing ass shit to see new Pokemon more than 3 years later and still call them gen 6, it's not like we're getting forms here. It's a new generation, period. We're not in 1999 anymore people.
>>
>>25734989
I heard people refer to G/S as gen 2 long before gen 3 was announced. It may have been based on location, since internet was much more limited back then, so things spread slower.
>>
>>25735009
>What kind of shit is a "6.5" anyway
Generally, a generation 6 game with new Pokémon and no noteworthy gameplay changes beyond maybe a shitty token new gameplay mechanic like Primal Reversion.

A generation is half the Pokémon and half the engine. If one changes and the other doesn't, there you go. Same reason ORAS isn't Generation VII, despite introducing a large number of Mega Evolutions, new moves, new weather conditions, and new abilities.
>>
>>25734619
>I can trade Gen 2 pokemon to Gen 1
Nope, try again
>>
>>25735091
So that confirms gen 7, since there is no data for Magearna or bird-thing in X/Y/OR/AS.

Fancy that, all that work you did to prove gen 7 for us, thanks so much!

>inb4 desperately moving goalposts
>>
>>25734978
>By saying that they could make SM look different in a multitude of ways you just further prove that it'll be a new generation

But it won't.

>Or, you know, because of new pokemon and new moves?
ORAS had new moves and it could battle with XY.

>Because technology was much more limited back then.
No it's because the mechanics don't match at all. It has nothing to do with technology.

>They don't have to make it the same generation for it to work.
They don't have to make it a new generation for it to work.

>>25734983
>I really dont see this as a factor, since its a method to identify pokemon from XYORAS

It's a way to identify Pokemon from gen 6. If it uses the pentagon it's gen 6. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to continue using the same pentagon system with only TWO (2) slots left.

>If there is no way to battle, then they are two different gens
But if there is a way to battle then they will be the same gen. Simple as that.

tl;dr same mechanics and compatibility = same gen
>>
6.5 spergs will always find a way to twist their logic into an argument. They're fucking retarded. Don't feed the trolls. They'll go away.
>>
>>25735081
>A generation is half the Pokémon and half the engine.
>half the Pokemon
What? Are they gonna remove some of the Pokemon? Or do you mean they'll add less than they did in the previous generation? In that case gen 6 would be gen 5 too.

>half the engine
In case you didn't know, many games used some parts of the engine of the previous games. The BW engine for example, was built on the engine from DP. The small round strength stones that can be seen are proof.
>>
>>25735125
The pentagons argument is tired and worthless as fuck. They can still use the remaining two in gen 7, while not having to interact with gen 6 at all, and even create more pentagons for the rest of gen 7.

It could easily end up as 4 pentagons for gen 6, SuMo gets the final current set but bank prevents any pokemon going backwards, and any number of new pentagon entries are added to bank/sumo to make up for the rest of gen 7.

Doesn't break gen 6 going forward, and going back isn't a thing, so nothing breaks.

See, that was a nice and easy way to invalidate it as any sort of proof of anything.
>>
>>25735125
>But it won't.
That's not even an argument.

>ORAS had new moves and it could battle with XY.
That's because the moves were also programmed in XY, not just ORAS. There were updates for XY, too. And the remakes were the same gen. Of course they could battle. Obviously the moves from gen 6 will be programmed in SM but not vice versa. They're not going to make an extra update for XY angain either.

>No it's because the mechanics don't match at all.
Then tell me, what mechanics exactly were so different that they prevented the games from battling?

>They don't have to make it a new generation for it to work.
If there are enough other reasons for them to make it a new generation then they will. Wether or not they'd have to make a new gen for it to work or not won't matter then.
>>
Daily reminder this whole "what defines a generation?" circlejerk only happened after Zfags got denied their precious game previously there was literally no doubt over what a generation was.
>>
>>25735231
>That's not even an argument.
Not any less than yours is.

>That's because the moves were also programmed in XY
No they weren't Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, and Dragon Ascent don't exist in XY. Newfags need to leave.

>Then tell me, what mechanics exactly were so different that they prevented the games from battling?
Types, stats, move effects.

>If there are enough other reasons for them to make it a new generation then they will.
There aren't any reasons for them to make it a new gen. It's easier for them to make it the same gen.
>>
>>25735350
You just pulled that out of your ass, didn't you? Generations were never defined.
>>
>>25735639
Tell that to all the people that call ens by gens numbnuts. That is literally what defined means, and the first indication of a new gen was always new pokemon, which can be traced all the way back to the first episode of the ashnime.
>>
>>25735639
Lmao. This is what 6.5 fags actually believe.

Do the world a favor and an hero immediately.
>>
i just hope that the game won't involve gen 7 pokemon ONLY. damn i hated that shit. most pokemon at the start of games are fucking horrible
>>
>>25735761
>that the game won't involve gen 7 pokemon ONLY. damn i hated that shit. most pokemon at the start of games are fucking horrible

It's likely old pokemon are part of the dex since the concept art shown have pokemon like machamp, furfrou and blastoise.
>>
>>25735761
terrible taste, bet you like lucario fag
>>
File: polls for the new bird.png (2MB, 700x1996px) Image search: [Google]
polls for the new bird.png
2MB, 700x1996px
>This bird
You mean Picody?
>>
>>25735761
Nah, if anything I think these games are going to be A LOT more focused on old Pokemon.
>>
>>25735761
The image of that hotel or whatever from the trailer/concepts has old water types on it. Safe to assume gen 7 will have a mix of old and new.
>>
>>25735928
I am inclined to agree, but we don't know for sure, since anything at all could be in postgame. (Highly unlikely, but certainly possible.)
>>
Gen 6.5 was supposed to be within only the Kalos Region (icluding southern Kalos) and new until now unknown Pokemon which are native to the southern part of the Kalos region. It was supposed to be with the Gen 6 starters and a story involving Zygarde + eventually Xerneas and Yveltal as well.

Considering that we 100% know that the games are going to take place in a new region which is far away from Kalos, that there are new Pokemon there and that the region has its own Champion (which was said by the backpacker who gives you the strange souvenir in XY) it will certainly be Gen 7, even if they do tie Zygarde and Kalos to its story (which isn't out of question and very likely imo).
>>
>>25734621
I'm sorry, but the only purpose the pentagon has is validity. The 3ds is determined to be unhackable, unlike older gens. Also, what is Time Capsule in Gen 2, and what is Pokemon Bank?
>>
>>25736003
>ven if they do tie Zygarde and Kalos to its story (which isn't out of question and very likely imo

I'm worried that Sun and Moon will try to be the Z version sequel that we expected and a new game at the same time. And if it does revolve around Zygarde, that we'll have zygarde-10% shoved at us like the Latis in ORAS.
>>
>>25735081
ORAS isn't Gen 7 because it didn't introduce new Pokemon. New megas obviously aren't confined to main series games in a Gen, and Primal Reversion and the new moves and abilities that were strictly for the three legends were what's called a"Gimmick" and have no influence. Again, no new Pokemon, no new Gen. Basic mechanics are always the same. Pokemon were .pkm files from Gen 3 to Gen 5, and were read exactly the same way by the games, but they were all in their own respective gens. Now they're .pk6 files, and probably will be for a time. You can trade them, battle them, catch them. Mechanics don't change. Only the number of Pokémon. Theoretically, we could battle and trade with any game that uses the same file system, like BW or RSE, but anything not understood would be mistranslated, resulting in glitches and MissingNo, so New Pokemon mark New Gen. Simple.
>>
>>25735091
Actually, there are a number of Gen 2 Pokémon that were tradable to Gen 1, and resulted in a wide variety of MissingNo.
>>
>>25735761
It'll probably have plenty of old pokemon but I personally hope it's just gen 7 mons. That was one of the best things about B/W, in my opinion. I get sick of seeing Zubat, Magnemite, Wingull, etc every single game.
>>
>>25734443
This is totally possible but even if it included a post game kalos it would still be gen 7 as GSC are gen 2
>>
File: JUST.jpg (40KB, 338x481px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
40KB, 338x481px
>>25735761

>Game only introduces 50 new Pokemon.
>And 100 Megas.
>>
>>25734439
>Honestly Magearna should have been enough, but this was a damning addition.
>Clearly denial is the most powerful force in the universe though, we should harness its infinite potential for free energy.
Nothing, there's no clear delineation between generations. That's just something we came up with
>>
>>25734402
that poetry anon
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.