[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard trash talk about every single gen and I hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 7

File: 1458749384212.jpg (111KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458749384212.jpg
111KB, 800x450px
I've heard trash talk about every single gen and I hear it often.

What gen gets the least amount of flack?
>>
/vp/ is crammed with johtofags
>>
Don't do this. If people find out the secret they'll start purposefully bashing that one more.
>>
no generation is exempt

the only games that aren't really shit on is FR/LG. they were good remakes desu
>>
Probably 4, most people just seem to forget it exists.
>>
>>25731908
>Not 5
/vp/ is filled with Unovabortions
>>
>>25731895
Gen 1 gets the least amount of flack
>>
>>25731916
>good remakes
If you disregard the fact you can't cross evolve until you get the national Dex, the Shitii Islands post-game, the same maps but in Gen 3 style, no expansion on the lore of Gen 1, trainers having the same shit teams, and the HUGE missed opportunity of not including Johto as post-game content...
Oh, and the e-reader tumor.
>>
Definitely gen 2. It's got the "muh nostalgia" factor without having the weight of being the first gen on it.
>>
>>25731947
5 gets shit on like every day here
>>
>>25731916
>the only games that aren't really shit on is FR/LG. they were good remakes desu
People criticize FRLG all the time for how restrictive it is. Out of the remakes HGSS gets the least amount of criticism.
>>
>>25731947
Gen 5 gets shit on all the time, what do you mean?
>>
>>25731997
>Out of the remakes HGSS gets the least amount of criticism.
You're kidding right?
They always get criticism from people except johtoddlers.
From the poor level scaling and intrusive gimmicks to the worst safari zone yet.
>>
Only the third versions seem to be immune from complaints, except for those like me that don't care about the battle facilities, and think that those that do should go back to their simulators. The one of them that gets the least of it? Emerald.
>>
>>25731895
pearl/diamond. I forget it exists all the time.
>>
>>25731947
Unova defenders are erveyehere because they get so much shit
>>
>>25732240
Yeah, but emerald compared to the rest of gen 3 is like a god
>>
>>25732330
We don't talk about those, too easy

Sinnoh fags get off way to easily. Platinum is fine but still has its own problems
>>
>>25732330
People criticise the cross-evos, the slowness (of DP at least), the region for being bland, the amount of legendaries, the selection of Pokemon (In DP at least). There's probably more but I don't remember seeing anyone talk about them.
Personally, I don't have much of a problem with Sinnoh, except selection and slowness.
>>
Gen forr when talking about Platinum and HGSS.

Because everyone KNOWS already that DP was hot garbage. It was so universally acknowledged even when it came out that there's no point in mentioning it, it was the worst-received games in the series. That's why when people talk about Gen 4, they pretend it started at Platinum.
>>
>>25732547
>forr
four*
>>
>>25731947
Just because there's a shitton of defenders doesn't mean it doesn't get flak. And pretty much all the flak that gen 5 gets is justified compared to the other gens.
>>
1 is pretty much complaints about the series as a whole. It's remake locks out evos and the postgame is not impressive.

2 has a poor level curve and desolate postgame. It's remake is still grindy.

3 has no postgame for R/S, and it's original release also has no compatibility. It's remake has a lackluster postgame.

4 mostly has the new evos.

5 has a stupid premise

6 just in general lacked a postgame, and was too easy.

Of those, I find 4's reason to be the weakest, and that's without counting that people find it slow, which I don't know what they're talking about.
>>
I think it's 4.

>it's just way too forgettable.
>>
>>25732580
>And pretty much all the flak that gen 5 gets is justified compared to the other gens.
You know that the only complaints gen 5 get aren't infact justified, right?
In fact most of the common complaints are subjective unlike other generations relating to the story and pokemon designs.

Anyway to answer OP's question of would say 3 or 5, they usually get the least legitimate complaints and most are usually based on personal opinion rather than the gameplay and such.
>>
>>25731947

Yeah, no. Everyday there's tons of posts about "why is gen 5 the worst" and "WAH MUH ICE CREAM"
>>
>>25732693
Not me, I'll criticize gen 5's story to death.
>>
>>25732645
>4 mostly has the new evos.
The most complaints about 4 are about the speed and how it neutered the BF, Contests and Secret Bases.
That's quite a bit.

Also you're post would lead to gen 5 being the weakest because it's totally based on personal opinion.
>>
>>25732705

Yeah, those Casteliacones are tough to get. It's a valid complaint.
>>
>>25732711
So an entirely subjective complaint.
>>
nigga who cares?
>>
Gen 7

Half the board refuses to believe it exists
>>
>>25732728
Presentation is just as important as mechanics to me.
>>
Post-ORAS, it's gen 3. Before the remakes, everyone would shout TOO MUCH WATER or MUH TRUMPETS every time it came up, but after? Not a peep. I haven't seen someone bash gen 3 in months.

I wonder if that was just fueled by remake-deniers, or if ORAS was bad enough to make most people appreciate the originals for being marginally less of a shitshow.
>>
>>25732511
Not him but OP did just say the least amount, and gen 4 does seem to get the LEAST shit to me as well
>>
>>25732783
Yeah but some people liked the story. I enjoyed it at the time. Therefore, your opinion isn't objective. My liking the story might make me retarded or autistic, but it is still true that it's an opinion-based call.

There are plenty of objective problems to call out, is the worst part. Stop going for low-hanging fruit.
>>
>>25732511
Those are still 2 big problems though
>Feel yourself physically age in any battle involving level 40+ pokemon
>Have choice of either starter or ponyta as they are the only fire types available in the region.

Either one of these would be cardinal sins for any other gen
>>
>>25732810
I don't know. Some people would ignore everything that is pointed out as a flaw mechanic wise, and some of them, they might be convinced is not a flaw at all.
>>
Gen 2/HGSS
The only argument that people try to make is level scaling and desolate Kanto both of which are minor as fuck.
>>
Gen 4 does. It's a product of having the first two installments being very forgettable and the next three being pretty damn good.

DP are shit but then PtHGSS are good
>>
>>25732849
>two major complaints
>Naaaah, they're TINY
Holy shit dude
>>
>>25731895
Gen 3 and 5.
While people shit on them a lot very little of the complaints are actually valid.

As for the most I would say 1, 2 and 4 as far as valid complaints go 6 sits in this odd limbo.
>>
>>25732979
I think you misread OPs post.
He's looking for the one that gets the least amount of flak.

Any time gen 4 comes up someone always brings up every shortcoming of the region and why they're bad. Recently though more and more Sinnohbabbies have been dropping in and flooding the board with pro Sinnoh posts so it doesn't look bad any more.
>>
Gen one probably only because of the vast amount of nostalgiafaggotry attached to it, also its status as something "90's".

It's the one that's cool for everyone me to play, only the first 151 exist and all that noise, it's respected and shilled significantly more than any other generation providing a fan base far greater than its hatebase.

It doesn't matter how shit gen 1 is, it will never see as much hate as it's successors
>>
>>25731947
I agree with this. Gen V gets the most uncritical praise here.
>>
>>25732547
DP sold more than all paired versions except RB and GS. The "worst-received" shit is not true

>>25732790
Well there's not really much point in talking about RS when ORAS exist. Same reason that barely anyone mentions GS, they mostly talk about HGSS
>>
>>25731916
Gen III's art-style and overall aesthetic was much worse than gen I's. I unironically enjoy RBY much more than FR/LG for this reason alone.
>>
>>25733162
Delete this.
>>
>>25731941
This 2bh
>>
>>25731895
Gen two without doubt.
Three gets the whole "muh water" and shit with hoen, gen four gets a lot with the probs with dp and spikes everywhere, you know all the garbage with gen 5, gen 6 gets a lot of complants across the boards, and gen 1, while I see it praised the most by genwunners, is always refuted whenever someone likes it.
Yet gen 2, rarely talked about and rarely hated, so least hated for sure.
>>
>>25733082
It's Sinnohfetuses, get your shitposting terms right
>>
>>25733133
>DP sold more than all paired versions except RB and GS.
Okay for one sales =/= reception
If it's pokémon it's going to sell gangbusters.
Secondly gen 4 didn't sell particularly well for the system it was on only selling above gen 3 by about a million, I mean it was outsold by brain training and it didn't retain any players by the looks of things.
Finally, it's the reason why we're only getting linear games and no cross gen evos because the Japanese complained about the region design of Sinnoh and the designs of cross gen evos.
>>
>>25733314
Nah dude they're babbies now.
>>
>>25732220
Which is why I only said out of the remakes. The amount of criticism FRLG and ORAS get is much more frequent.
>>
>>25733212
>Yet gen 2, rarely talked about and rarely hated, so least hated for sure.
That's because we have no reason to talk about 2 that said whenever it does come up people post lists upon lists of reasobs why it sucks.
>>
In order of most shit on gens: 5<1<3=4<2
>>
>>25733581
4 > 1 > 2 = 6 > 3 > 5
Only factoring in non shitposting.
>>
I don't understand this "4th gen is slow" meme.

Do you mean walking speed or battle speed or...?
>>
>>25733642
The entire game from the battle speed to traversing the over world, the thing that was the most apparent was the surf speed which made the few surf routes in the game longer than the hoenn ones.

Then there's the fact that the entire game dropped to 30 Fps from gen 3's 60. All of it was extremely jarring unless you didn't play the previous gen.
>>
I dunno why so many people hated DP. For me, those were the games that really got me. It was the first time Pokémon felt wordly and vibrant to me, and it had awesome postgame and tons of cross-evolutions (which I love).
Considering everyone keeps saying they're the shittiest pair of games (which I'd personally give to RS), I'm wondering whether or not I'm just looking at things with rose-tinted glasses, 'cause I remember really liking them.
>>
>>25732849
Those are some pretty big issues, anon.
>>
>>25733642
>meme
Sorry kiddo but it's true, there's always a fairly long delay between selecting the attack, the text showing up and the animation starting them there's pokemon like blissey where the HP would decrease at a crawl regardless of if it was a OHKO or not.
The overworld was really slow especially when it came to the surfing, which was fixed in later gen 4 games but that was as far as the speed fixes went.

In Plat and HGSS the game also dropped frames in large cities like Goldenrod and Hearthome which is odd because it didn't happen in DP.

Then there was "saving a lot of data" and the time for that was extended in Plat.
>>
>>25733676
Gen 4 is still faster than Gen 1 or 2.
>>
>>25733699
they're not terrible, but compared to Platinum they're just not worth playing
>>
>>25731941
This is exactly what I immediately thought.
>>
>>25733752
Can't that be said for any of the trios? Why play GS when you have Crystal? Why play RS when you have Emerald?

The third is always objectively better.
>>
>>25733778
Emerald yes, but Crystal doesn't really improve that much from G/S
>>
>>25733133
>DP sold more than all paired versions except RB and GS.

Yeah and Final Fantasy XIII was one of the series best-selling games, it doesn't really speak of quality.
>>
>>25733699
>I dunno why so many people hated DP.
The gist of it is
>traversing the same cave several times throughout the game
>blocking certain evos until the postgame in DP
>once a day transfer limited to six pokemon
>killed what people liked about the contests and bases
>rehash of gen 3's story
>input lag in the underground
>too many legendaries without lore or reason to them
>extremely slow
>terrain that hinders the player
Personally the story went a extremely over the top with the introduction of literal gods and the region was extremely bland in terms of design.
>>
>>25733724
And? They're Gameboy games, the Gen 4 games were on DS and when those games are slower than their precursors then we have a problem.
>>
Probably because the overworld is running a filter to create a 3D facade even though it's actually still flat. I think there's a way you can get rid of the filter, but I forget.
>>
>>25733048
>empty Kanto
>major flaw
I could accept this if other games had two regions
>>
gen 4 have much of the greatest games, like platinum and HG/SS
>>
>>25733881
Both Johto and Kanto in gen 2 barely made up a single region content wise.
Adding Kanto was a mistake.
>>
>>25733828
How was it a rehash of Gen 3? Gen 4 had an actual menacing group instead of just world/sea-expanding hippies.
I concede most of those are valid points, but I'd reckon I can make a similar list for Gen 2 and 3. I still don't quite get how that made Gen IV the worst gen. Yeah, the 6-a-day is awful, but it's still miles better than Gen 3's "no transfer" and requiring 4-6 frigging games to catch them all.
>>
>>25733881
>wanting the other games to neuter their main game just to revisit somewhere old
>>
>>25733805
poor hoenn baby but is true, DP games sold 18 million meanwhile the hoenn shitty games sold only 16 million

oh and platium sol 7 millions and your emerlad shit sold only 6 millions
>>
>>25733931
>hoenn baby

Not true I'm a genwunner/gentoo
>>
>>25733910
>How was it a rehash of Gen 3?
How wasn't it?
They even enact their true plan in the same point in your gym challenge and Giratina breaks up Dialga and Palkia just like Ray did. The only difference was that there was one team and the boss was literally autistic.

Also six a day transfers is much worse than gen 3's five games at least you could trade whenever you wanted to without limitations instead of waiting a week to transfer your entire collection.
>>
>>25733974
>Also six a day transfers is much worse than gen 3's five games at least you could trade whenever you wanted to without limitations instead of waiting a week to transfer your entire collection.

Comparing apples and oranges there. I can trade an infinite amount of times between DP and PtHGSS as well. Furthermore, I could've used (but no longer can) the GTS.
>>
>>25733931
>18m
Try just over 17 and that's weak considering other games have sold double that in the DS.

Oh and don't forget how none of the people that started with 4 stayed with the franchise considering the numbers for gen 5 and 6 were nearly the same as RSE

Sinnohshits need to get some perspective and learn that their gen was the worst.
>>
>>25732693
>most complaints for gens 3 and 5 are personal preferences and not gameplay
Nah that's 6
>>
>>25733642

Not a meme. Sadly this is the only video I could find that compares speed between gens and it uses Platinum instead of DP. But even with Platinum's speed fix, it's still slower than the other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmPrAvMxwQ
>>
>>25733995
>Furthermore, I could've used (but no longer can) the GTS.
Not him but let's be honest here no one used the GTS until gen 5 because it was glitchy as fuck.

As for the trading you're ignoring that until HGSS a large amount of pokemon were unavailable without the previous generation games in fact there's still a chunk you can't get with those games requiring you to transfer. Let's not forget any the dual slot thing they were trying to push and because of it you couldn't catch a Gligar at all without Emerald until Plat rocked up which means you couldn't capture one of the advertised evos.
>>
>>25733903
this is what jotho haters actually believe
where's is your second region in RSE, hoennfag?
probably drowned in so much water
>>
This place is filled with so many salty faggots that they all seem to get the same amount of flag to me.
>>
>>25734059
>being this mad
>>
>>25733881
Did people really expect GF to add level 50 mons to Route 1 in Kanto?
>>
Gen 8
>>
>>25734053
>Not him but let's be honest here no one used the GTS until gen 5 because it was glitchy as fuck.

I used it tons. You could get virtually everything for a female combee and those were easy as fuck to get.
I played the main campaign with all 3 starters.
>>
>>25734059
>muh empty continent full of noeffort gyms
>>
Platinum-HeartGold-SoulSilver is the trio where the series peaked if /vp/ is to be believed
>>
>>25734091
Yeah especially when that's one of the later routes you'll be visiting, it's a little thing called level scaling
>>
>>25734091
See this is the point people seem to ignore, Kanto is low leveled because they tried to remain faithful to RGBY.
>>
>>25734059
>all of the areas of interest in Kanto were removed
>only thing of worth is the gym challenge which took the best part of 30 minutes
>literally nothing else to do but wallow in nostalgia
Stupid Johtoddler, you're just as bad as the Sinnohsperms.
>>
>>25734091

Yeah? A post-game route should have strong Pokemon, not level 3 shits.
>>
>>25734131
>Johtoddler
>Sinnohsperms
These insults are childish as fuck.
>>
>>25733922
No, but is post game too much to ask? HGSS and BW2 did it just fine
>>
>>25734117
Who cares. It's a game first and an experience second. It made no sense for the pokemon to be that level during the postgame and doing such only lengthened the already grindy game.

And don't go on about that "you don't have to grind" bullshit, if you pick up a new mon towards the end or in the postgame there's no chance you can use it because of the little grind spots around the region, God forbid you want a full team too because you're going to be there for a while.
>>
>>25734117

But GSC takes place years after RGY. Why should the wild Pokemon in an area stay the same level? They could've gotten stronger.
>>
>>25734131
>all of the areas of interest in Kanto were removed
>all of the areas of interest in Jotho were removed
>all of the areas in Kanto were removed
>all of the areas in Jotho were removed
still better than anything in hoenn
>>
>>25734167
That's exactly how I felt when I played GSC in the first place.
Then gen 3 and 4 rocked up and had a ton of content in the main game that I could access whenever I wanted so I didn't have to play the main game to get to the good shit.

It's too bad the Johto games couldn't have that.
>>
>>25734184
Why would a bunch of low level Pokemon who live peacefully together get stronger, you would assume that all the new trainers would take the stronger ones with them anyway.
>>
>>25734209
What main game content did gen 3 have that gen 2 didn't?
>>
>>25734211
You're acting as if Pallet town is where every trainer starts. Using that logic why isn't every route filled with level 3's and 4s?

Also there's no peace there.
>>
>>25734211

How do you know they live peacefully together? And how do Pokemon in other routes gain levels? You could say the same thing about literally any route in the game.
>>
>>25731895
Generation 2, because it's the least edgy to shit on. That's it. It has nothing to do with the generation itself.
>>
>>25734233
>>25734240
But that's what they were in RGBY, why would that change over 3 years? Why would every single low level Pokemon up and leave Kanto and move to Johto?
>>
>>25734229
Secret bases
Contests
Trainer hill
Battle tents
Safari zone
Although there was a GC in gen 2 Gen 3 also gave us a new game in roulette.

Then there's the little things like the trick master and the ash collection.
>>
>>25731895
Gen 1 since they were the firsts games
Gen 5 only by muh no storyfags and some pokemon designs
>>
>>25734277
Why wouldn't they?
To stop trainers from capturing their young, to combat the new species moving in shit like that.
>>
>>25734277
>Why would every single low level Pokemon up and leave Kanto and move to Johto?
Good question you should be asking that to GF though because that's exactly what they did.
>>
>>25734277

Pokemon don't actually have levels. They're just a fucking game mechanic. The reason you encounter low level shit in the beginning of the game is so you don't get your shit wrecked. Not because only "weak" Pokemon exist in that area.
>>
>>25731895
>>
>>25734339
3 gets a lot of unwarranted flak.
>>
>>25734333
But they didn't? That's the whole point.

>>25734336
I'm not saying it's a good idea from a game point, I'm just saying that they did it to remain faithful the the game they were still riding on the success of.
>>
>>25734363
>But they didn't?
Are you aware as to how many early Kanto mon you can find in Johto? I think you need to replay the game one day.

Hell the distribution is one of the biggest complaints about the gen.
>>
>>25734292
>the shitty story and some atrocious designs are the only problems people have with gen 5
It's a lot more than that, anon.
>>
>>25734408
There's only really linearity but let's be honest, pokemon had never been a paragon of non linearity.

Aside from that there's no real complaints.
>>
>>25734284
And if we list things from GSC
>bug catching contest
>daily events
>apricorns
>battle tower
>little stuff like pokegear
Gen 3 doesn't have that much more main game content, though I'll give Secret bases extra points
>>
File: 1450837212135.jpg (42KB, 389x388px) Image search: [Google]
1450837212135.jpg
42KB, 389x388px
>>25733828
>Traversing the same cave several times throughout the game
What's wrong with this? Mt. Coronet was the big dungeon for the game, and a very important place for the region.
>blocking certain evos until the postgame in DP
I didn't care about this too much since I waited until postgame to get those kinds of evos anyways.
>once a day transfer limited to six pokemon
Easily circumvented by changing the clock.
>killed what people liked about the contests and bases
Contests were terrible to begin with. Will concede on the secret bases point.
>rehash of gen 3's story
More like refined the formula. Cyrus in the games was a better villain that either Archie or Maxie.
>input lag in the underground
Underground was shit, I'll concede this point.
>too many legendaries without lore or reason to them
But just about all of them had lore to them. Gen IV expanded the series lore more than any other gen. Also fuck you, I love lots of legendaries.
>extremely slow
True.
>terrain that hinders the player
This is true, they clearly wanted to experiment with more HMs. It was terrible, so they eased up on it in future gens.
>Personally the story went a extremely over the top with the introduction of literal gods and the region was extremely bland in terms of design.
Ho-Oh could resurrect the dead, the beasts were magic as fuck, and the weather trio were literally gods. There's nothing wrong with any of this. Also Sinnoh is a fucking gorgeous region and gen IV was the very best of 2D Pokemon IMO.
>>
>>25734426
Let me list a few for you
>terrible UI
>cutscene spam
>forgettable characters
>also the beginning of annoying rivals
>worse graphics than gen 4 with no real improvement in performance
>the game looked as if it was designed by a different developer
I'm so glad that gen 6 fixed most of these problems
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 228x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 228x210px
>>25734438
>giving secret bases extra points
>when it was completely useless until OR/AS
>>
>>25734488
>not having friends
(v:
>>
>>25733828
>traversing the same cave several times throughout the game
I can only remember about three times. Short dash from Oreburgh to Hearthome, later to Snowpoint and finally to Spear pillar.
>>
>>25734336
>Pokemon don't actually have levels. They're just a fucking game mechanic. The reason you encounter low level shit in the beginning of the game is so you don't get your shit wrecked.

See you say that, but even the Origin ova justifies this. The Gym leaders gauge how hard they fight you depending on how many badges and thus experience you have. Brock has better pokemon, but he's not going to use them on a kid that stands no chance.
>>
holy shit what's with the genwars

all the games are good
>>
>>25734438
Oh you're including Apricorns and the Poke gear in that case
>replanting berries and watering them
>pokenav
>berry blending
>daily events like sales, berry master and mirage island
You also just reminded me that the tents were essentially tasters fit different frontier facilities and I think they were rentals, palace and arena? Each with a progression similar to a battle tower.
Oh and contests had five different categories with 4 different levels.

There was also the multiplayer stuff like the mossdeep/two island game corner and berry crush.

Considering this you can see that GSC paled in comparison content wise.
>>
>>25734498
>being an extroverted autist
>>
>>25734530
Some games are better than others
>>
>>25734530
Except gen 1. Mostly just because aging.
>>
>>25734498

Where do you think you are?
Besides, RSE came out when you were 13, DP like 15-16. You can't come out still liking Pokémon at that age.
>>
>>25734466
>terrible UI
Not a complaint seeing as there's nothing actually wrong with it.
The rest is just an opinion except for the graphics it's undeniable that they improved since 4.
>>
>>25734466
>forgettable characters
How ? , even they added some backstory to the NPCs to they dont felt bland like the other generations

>I'm so glad that gen 6 fixed most of these problems

But they don't , do you even play the games that you criticize ?
>>
>>25734209
Oh man, I remember when gen 3 came out and everyone complained about shit they left out
>>
>>25734583
>How ?
>criticize ?
Don't put spaces before question marks.
>>
>>25732220
>worst safari zone

That's X and Y.

Friend Safari sucks
>>
>>25734608
>implying
You are forgetting how you needed a guide to work the Safari Zone in HGSS right?
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 540x489px
>>25734574
>undeniable that the graphics improved
>it is literally a blurry mess with terrible resolution
>>
>>25734461
>What's wrong with this? Mt. Coronet was the big dungeon for the game, and a very important place for the region.

Not him, but people in general don't like cave dungeons in pokemon. They're always the same shit, they have too high an encounter rate when you're just trying to cross through, and only the ones near the end have pokemon worth catching most of the time.
>>
>>25734530
All games are good but some games are more good than others.
>>
>>25734628
Better than having to reset your 3DS for a good safari
>>
>>25734564
>Besides, RSE came out when you were 13

Not true, I was almost 17 when Ruby came out.
>>
>>25734721

But did you buddy up with rl friends for secret bases?
>>
>>25734736
Different guy, but I was the same age and had friends with whom I shared secret bases. Most of them have quit pokemon by now though
>>
>>25734736

No, I didn't know anyone that had pokemon at that age. The person I knew with a GBA was always just playing Golden Sun.
>>
>>25734461
>I didn't care about this too much since I waited until postgame to get those kinds of evos anyways.
Not an excuse. Every other game didn't bar pokemon until the post game and there was no reason for DP to do so especially with advertised pokemon.

>Easily circumvented by changing the clock.
That kind of proves the point that it was an issue if you had to circumvent it in that way, it also messed up the other daily events and games that ran off the clock.

>Contests were terrible to begin with.
Did it ever occur to you that people liked contests as they were with the combo and jamming mechanics? That were removed for knock off DDR and dress up?
Contests in gen 3 were the best alternative to battles because they actually felt like a battle where you needed to use some kind of prediction against your opponent. That said the fact you could only do multi with 4 players if I remember right was a bit annoying but when the time came contests were great.

>More like refined the formula. Cyrus in the games was a better villain that either Archie or Maxie.
"Refined" by replacing the orbs with another legendary trio and Sky Pillar with a dimension with. nothing. Yeah so much better.
Seriously though, there's so much more you can do with time and space that it's almost laughable that they would copy a plot that doesn't make use of it.

>But just about all of them had lore to them.
Cresselia didn't beyond being something that stopped bad dreams.
Shaymin didn't at all.
Regigigas was anti-lore because it made no sense that it was in Sinnoh.
Heatran had nothing.
All they had was a bit of flavor text in the Pokedex and we all know how "accurate" they are.

>Ho-Oh could resurrect the dead, the beasts were magic as fuck, and the weather trio were literally gods. There's nothing wrong with any of this.
The strongest legendaries we had until then were the Weather trio and their influence was barely regional let alone god like, the universe couldn't exist without the god mon.
>>
>>25734716
You do know how the Friend Safari worked right?
You don't have the ability to go into your own safari also you had to wait months for a change to happen, resetting your 3DS doesn't take nearly that long.
>>
File: 1449527319817.jpg (138KB, 531x783px) Image search: [Google]
1449527319817.jpg
138KB, 531x783px
>>25734656
We're talking about gen 5 here anon not 4.
>>
>>25734110
>>25734132
What possible explanation would there be for why Kanto's mons got so buffed? TR put steroids in the water supply?
>>
>>25732220
No, HGSS had the best safari zone. Sure, you had to wait three months for aome Pokemon, but that's just some Pokemon: from the get-go, HGSS Safari Zone had the most Pokemon available, and customization was a neat feature (added comf and improved accessibility). I spent a lot of time in there.

Not to mention the source material didn't even have a Safari Zone.
>>
>>25734053
Uh no, I used GTS. Got a pokerus Ditto that way. It was loads of fun in HGSS.
>>
>>25731956
Too be fair it was the first remake and they didn't start all that expanding lore and team changes until HGSS. Supposedly the Sevii Islands were going to be in Gen 1 but they didn't have enough time or space so they scrapped it until the remakes so theres that. They could have left it as barebones as the original. Decent first try
>>
>>25734793
>Sure, you had to wait three months for aome Pokemon
See this?
This alone makes it the worst. Time gating your content in such a way is terribly anti-player.
I could complete the national dex in a shorter amount of time without the Safari Zone for crying out loud.
Oh and don't forget how that shit was literally just 8 boxes with nothing special to them at all, even the ORAS zone felt more like a traditional Safari Zone.

At the very least even the friend safari gave you increased shiny chance, hidden abilities and guaranteed perfect IVs.

The complaints towards it are also why we don't have them anymore.
>>
>>25734835
>They could have left it as barebones as the original.
It wasn't too much better in all honesty. Shit even lacked a real battle tower.
>>
File: 1385483380044.png (196KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
1385483380044.png
196KB, 680x649px
>>25734053
>no one used the GTS until gen 5 because it was glitchy as fuck
>>
>>25733995
>Furthermore, I could've used (but no longer can) the GTS.
Only for pokemon you saw it wasn't until gen 6 where people could ask for mon they didn't have.
The gen 4 GTS was useless.
>>
>>25732740
Underrated post, kek
>>
>>25734184
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>25734184
Oh, then what about all the years prior to RBY? Why weren't they getting stronger from time back then?
>>
>>25734707
>more good
nice englando
>>
File: 9780143416319.jpg (954KB, 1273x2100px) Image search: [Google]
9780143416319.jpg
954KB, 1273x2100px
>>25735842
>>
>>25733126
>>25732580
>>25731947
maximum shitposting
>>
>>25732790
Hoenn is like a battered housewife. It got the shit beaten out of it for so long, but when it tried to remake itself so it could look all pretty when it went out in public, people just kind of felt bad for it, so they stopped talking about it behind its back.
>>
>>25731895

Gen 2 doesn't get the shit it deserves.

>shit ton of babymon
>shit ton of Pokemon lacking evolutions
>half a region, the rest is just Kanto(Gee thanks Iwata)

It relies on gimmicks like follower Pokemon to try and make itself seem good.
>>
>>25734843
But it's still an upgrade from the lack of a Safari Zone in the original.
>>
>>25737896

Not to mention most of its Pokemon are weak as fuck, even in-game.
>>
>>25735866
Best book I've ever read.
>>
>>25737912

That's why Gen 4 is objectively one of the best gens. Wasted some of its slots to fix the garbage Gen 2 produced.
>>
>>25733082
>people agreed that Gen 4 is the best since HGSS
>the love-it-or-hate-it reaction to BW cemented this
>only Hoennbabbies hated it because they hate everything not Hoenn

>>today, any praise gets labeled as Sinnoh baby talk when it's been going on for more than 5 years

If anything, claiming that the only people who like Gen 4 are those who started with those games should inmediately out you as a newfag.
>>
>>25734761
>Shaymin didn't at all.
You have good points but that's just a flat out lie.
>>
>>25738535
>>people agreed that Gen 4 is the best since HGSS
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously, first day on the internet?
Because everything currently wrong with the pokemon franchise is due to how gen 4 was recieved?
Megas?
Because people didn't like the cross gen evos ruining their favourites.
Linearity?
Because japs found Sinnoh confusing.

>any praise gets labeled as Sinnoh baby talk when it's been going on for more than 5 years
Please, people have been saying that Sinnoh and gen 4 was terrible long before that.

>claiming that the only people who like Gen 4 are those who started with those games should inmediately out you as a newfag
For starters only newfags say newfag.
Secondly are you seriously trying to say these people that deny issues and outright lie about what was "fixed" aren't trying to defend their first generation for no other reason than it was their first? Looking at things objectively, it was so fucking bad and there's no reason anyone should deny that.
>>
>>25738751
>Seriously, first day on the internet?
Right back at you. Don't even need to read the rest.
>>
>>25738751
>only newfags say newfag
Only newfags say this.
>>
>>25738769
>Don't even need to read the rest.
Well you should, it's all pretty accurate.
>>
>>25738751
>>25739096
>this much salt over Gen 4
Did your entire family die that year or something?
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.