[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw i found out that sun and moon will be inspired in ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: TeoMoonTemp.jpg (126KB, 1126x529px) Image search: [Google]
TeoMoonTemp.jpg
126KB, 1126x529px
>tfw i found out that sun and moon will be inspired in ancient precolombine civilizations
>pic related, temple of moon, mexico
>>
File: teosun.jpg (395KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
teosun.jpg
395KB, 800x600px
>pic also related, temple of sun
>>
>>25730018
Wow, that's really small compared to the Temple of the Moon.
>>
>>25730018
>>25730010

now
>Queatzcoatl will be somehow the Moon legendary?
>Hoopa-like mon will be Sun's legendary?

What are your thoughts /vp/?
Also, itt: we discuss possible mythologies or things that could have inspired the history of the new games.
>>
biump
>>
>>25730035
>we discuss possible mythologies or things that could have inspired the history of the new games.
Well the idea has been going around the fanbase that the region could be based on Hawaii and I had the feeling they could base the box legendaries off of the Polynesian sun god Maui and his wife the moon goddess Hina, their types possibly being Fire/Dark (Maui is a Polynesian trickster god and also was fascinated with the art of making fire, since the sun is a flaming ball of gas it makes sense for him to be Fire-type) and Water/Psychic (Hina has changing faces depending on the phases of the moon and when she is the crescent moon she is very wise and insightful, the moon is also responsible for controlling our tides meaning Water-type makes sense).
>>
>>25730088
Literally all ancient civilizations have sun and moon deities
>>
File: Intro Quetzar 1H.png (27KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Intro Quetzar 1H.png
27KB, 256x192px
>yfw sage is better then it
>>
>>25730088
this actually makes sense
>>
>>25730097
>Aztecs
>ancient

The empire was founded in the early 1400's and got conquered in the mid 1500's. Even if you just go by the founding of their capital and primary city state that had the power in the empire rather then the alliance itself, that was only the early 1300's.
>>
>>25730097
Yes but going for Polynesian deities would make the most sense with the idea of the new region being Hawaii or at least an area of Polynesia or Oceania.
>>
>>25730107
No. My point is civilizations older than aztecs have their own versions of the sun and the moon. Some even have several deities just for the moon
>>
>>25730128
somebody searched for hawaian mythologies?
>>
>>25730010
>ancient civilization that worshiped the sun
Wow! Who knew there existed such a thing! I mean, who would ever think to create myths and temples of such a common and integral piece of society?
>>
>>25730285
see
>>25730107
>>
>>25730018

Gotta say, that's kind of unimpressive for a temple of the sun.
>>
>>25730296
moonfag detected
>>
File: Moonman.gif (2MB, 225x168px) Image search: [Google]
Moonman.gif
2MB, 225x168px
I found out that Sun/Moon is going to be inspired by current political trends.
gif related, the Legendary in Pokemon Moon
>>
>>25732267
meme aren't political trend anon
>>
File: pyramid-sun-teotihuacan-P.jpg (539KB, 1038x539px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid-sun-teotihuacan-P.jpg
539KB, 1038x539px
>>25731625

I'm just saying, compared to this one, you feel like they were halfassing it. I mean come on, some of these cultures thought that if the sun wasn't appeased with sacrifices that it would stop rising every day. Make it big like this one.
>>
>>25732267
>Moon legendary is based on fast food
>Sun legendary is based on healthy practices such as eating right and exercising regularly
>>
>>25732309

Exactly why /pol/ votes Trump, because he's a living meme :^)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.