[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a Pokemon with tons of crossgen evo potential. Pic related:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: Farfetch'd.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Farfetch'd.png
54KB, 250x250px
Post a Pokemon with tons of crossgen evo potential.
Pic related: A Samurai crit machine or that soldier one that I've seen around.
>>
>>
>>25718424
we've been waiting years for this anon, but GF seems content with 'muh japanese pun, lol'

I don't see anymore cross evoes earlier than gen 3 ever happening at this point.
>>
>>25718457
Which do you prefer? Samurai or soldier? I like the soldier as the evo, then the samurai as the mega, myself.
>>
>>25718424
An evo should absolutely be a quarterstaff wielder. Just look at how it uses that stick as a club, now double the length and think of all the aerial staff maneuvers.

Would be the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>25718862
>quarterstaff
Like Donny uses? The ninja turtle?
>>
>>25718875
More or less yeah, but as a long-ass leek staff. It would make Farfetch'd instant bro-tier for pretty much everyone.
>>
>>25718424
Farfetch'd only hope is a Mega Evolution, because it will never get a cross-gen Evo, unfortunately.

Blame the Eviolite.
>>
>>25719426
>Sylveon
>>
>>25719437
Sylveon is a Split Evolution off of Eevee. Eevee could already use the Eviolite. Farfetch'd cannot.
>>
>>25719426
>Blame the Eviolite.

Farfetchd has terrible hp, defense and special defense, giving it eviolite wont do shit for it especially since stick is its gimmick

I think they should introduce a new item that when traded with causes it to evolve and has a similar synergy with the evolved form that farfetch'd has with stick
>>
>>25719451
The issue isn't the Eviolite, or even Farfetch'd. It's consistency.

Leafeon does not evolve from a Leaf Stone. Why is that? It would have been really easy for them to do so. The Leaf Stone was already there, it made sense. But it doesn't because for three Generations already, the Leaf Stone and Eevee could have been together and it wouldn't trigger the Evolution. Then all of a sudden, it would. They treat the Pokemon World as more than a combination of code. They treat is like a real world. They say New Pokemon are "discovered," not made. So they "discovered" Leafeon by exposing Eevee to the Mossy Rock. Sylveon was "discovered" by it knowing a Fairy Type Attack and having Max Affection with Eevee, two things that did not exist prior to Gen 6.

So apply that logic to the Eviolite. It doesn't effect Farfetch'd, which means that it wouldn't make sense for it to not work on Farfetch'd before, then suddenly it would. Therefore, Farfetch'd and any other Pokemon that can't already evolve are doomed to remain in that stage as their final stage. Split Evolutions, like Sylveon, are still fair game though, because what they evolve from can be effected by the Eviolite, like Eevee.
>>
>>25718449
/thread
>>
>>25718424
Farfetch'd isn't going to be getting anything, it's supposed to be a bad Pokemon on purpose.
>>
>>25719490
So what, the Eviolite simply excludes pokemon from getting any kind of evolution now? That would suck massive ass, but come on, they shit on consistency all the time.

Magnimite/Magneton got retconned to Steel, giving them a shitton of resists they never had before, a TON of pokes got fairy type that made them immune to dragon, something they clearly weren't immune to before, they retconned Milotic's evolution method only to restore it later (not that they are mutually exclusive, but goddamn it's inconsistent), they gave pokemon a ton of abilities (like Tyranitar getting sand stream) which didn't exist before R/S, hell, Piloswine could learn Ancientpower in gen 3 via breeding and in gen 4 it got an evo when knowing ancientpower as a level up move!

They are as inconsistent as it is possible to be, so I don't think eviolite should matter unless they have gone full autist, in which case fuck them, some pokemon NEED evo's, not mega's.
>>
My hopes are that during the Megaevolutions' design for XY/ORAS, some Megas had been so different from the original Pokémon that they considered to make it an evolution instead.
>>
File: 083.png (4KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
083.png
4KB, 180x180px
>>25718862
It doesn't use it as a club. It uses it as a sword. It actually cuts and stabs with it somehow (Slash, Cut, Fury Attack, etc). Farfetch'd is supposed to be like a samurai.
>>
>>25718520
Samurai, because "Masamunegi" is too good a pun to pass up
>>
>>25720578
no wonder it's garbage

someone give the fucker a real sword
>>
>>25720578
A leek isn't sharp though. And you can make slashing and stabbing motions with a stick.

A quarterstaff is a better fit than a sword, and remember - evolutions often tinker with defining features, so even a leek-sword could change to a staff and it would be just fine.
>>
File: evolutions.png (1MB, 1419x775px) Image search: [Google]
evolutions.png
1MB, 1419x775px
Poor old Ducky have so much potential.
>>
>>25722933

They should give Farfetch'd an evolution and make him the Kendo Fighting-type Pokemon that I'm honestly surprised hasn't already been done.
>>
>>25718457
That's literally the purpose of its existence.

>>25722907
Yeah, and birds can't hold stuff with their wings either.

Farfetch'd would look awful with a staff.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 821x973px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 821x973px
>>25722933
knowing Gamefreak, this one is most likely to happens
>>
>>25722967
Have you seen one? No. It would look fucking awesome, and could actually be a candidate for a proper signature move.
>>
>>25722819
>Masamunegi
I kek'd
>>
>>25722907
Doesn't matter if it's sharp or not. Farfetch'd uses it as a sword and it somehow works. You can teach it cut and it will cut down trees with that leek. I just don't think a quarterstaff would be such a good weapon for the upgraded form of a swordsman, even if the sword is a leek. Thematically, it makes no sense.
>>
File: rapscalion.png (125KB, 343x430px) Image search: [Google]
rapscalion.png
125KB, 343x430px
>>25718424
>crossgen evo
I really really REALLY fucking hope they aren't done with making them thanks to Megas. I know Eevee got one but it was the ONLY one to get one.

Gen 4's cross gen evos were for the most part fucking amazing and I hope they keep doing it.

I'm still hoping for Weezing and Arbok evolutions, but I know they'll probably just get Megas if anything.

>Poison/Dark Weezing
>Poison/Dragon Arbok
hnnng
>>
Okay, three evos for farfetch'd.
A samurai with its wings long enough to be folded like a gi, has its feet turn into sandals like on Samurai Jack, its leek turns into a katana with sheath, and its head feathers and eyebrows are tied into a topknot.
A crane with long legs and a long staff leek.
That soldier with a rifle and bayonet and a coconut helmet.
All would have super convoluted evolution methods.

What do you think?
>>
>>25722975
It wouldn't be horrible, but it would just be disappointing.
>>
>>25723820
So Fighting/Flying for the samurai, with 70/125/70/60/70/115 stats. The crane should actually just be the samurai's mega.
>>
>>25725437
Mega stats.
70/145/90/75/90/140
>>
>>25723268
>>Poison/Dark Weezing
>Not Poison/Fire
>>
Bump for nice thread.
>>
>>25722819
>No apostrophe
>>
>>25718424
Dunsparce
>Dragon/Fairy/Ground/Flying
>>
>>25718424
>farfetch'd finally gets an evolution
>it can't use the stick
>>
>>25730090
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 054Psyduck.png (45KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
054Psyduck.png
45KB, 260x240px
I want a Psyduck pre-evo
>>
>>25730209
What would it look like?
>>
QUICK!
What babies do you actually want? I want Throw/Sawk a Onix to get babies.
Also, reply to some stuff in this thread. It'd be nice.
>>
>>25722933
So, Pokemon fans are actually Digimon fans. Interesting.
>>
File: farfetchd_give_me_my_stick_back.jpg (534KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
farfetchd_give_me_my_stick_back.jpg
534KB, 1200x800px
>>25722975
>>25723268
My ideal Farfetch'd evolution would go in a totally different direction. It's design would get bulky like Snorlax or something and instead of a leek it would carry a whole tree that it ripped out the ground around. roots and all.
>>
>>25730488
The only baby pokemon I actually want is a Lapras baby evo.
>>
File: shantae_consider_the_following.gif (353KB, 526x255px) Image search: [Google]
shantae_consider_the_following.gif
353KB, 526x255px
Here's a question.

If they gave an evolution to your shitmon bro but totally ruined its design would you stop playing Pokemon? I think I would.
>>
>>25730488
The only one I want is Kangaskahn. It weirds me out that it's born with a baby in its pouch. Other than that, I don't see the point of babies.
>>
>>25726506
It's Poison/Dark just so he can have no weaknesses :^)
>>
>>25722975
Farfetch'd not changing much is actually a good idea, since its design is already perfect. Actually i'd be ok even if only the leek evolved but the duck stayed the same, like that fake XY leak.
>>
>>25733062
just stick three Farfetch'd together and call it an evolution. That usually works.
>>
>>25733474
I'd kill myself.
>>
It could still get a evolution or a mega, but still carry on that its supposed to be bad motif. Its evolution/mega can have a change a design, but not a change in stats. With this it won't ruin its premise, and can be the worst mega.
>>
>>25722975
>mexican farfetch'd
>>
>>25735199
We don't want a change in design, we want a change in stats with a good design.
It's motif isn't being bad, it's coincidence. Bad luck for it, good luck for you.
Then it gets a signature item that increases its crit chance, so it makes sense that its mega would flip and make it strong and lucky.
>>
>>25735226

I see, I'm all for that. In my X playthrough I wanted to get a Farfetch'D on my team, but it still didn't get an evolution nor mega. So I put it to the side, still hoping GF gives us more evos, and less megas.
>>
>>25735286
I'd much prefer an evo, given it has an unusable signature item.
>>
>>25719490
You act like there haven't been tons of retcons in the series.
>>
>>25719490
Mamoswine and Lickilicky.
Boom.
>>
>>25734690
Bam, 10/10 Pokemon design right here.

Hire me GameFreak.
>>
>>25736046
Are you a real Gamefreak™ employee?
>>
>>25737630
you caught me

here's a secret for you. Sun and Moon is Gen 8. We're taking a page from Microsoft's book.
>>
>>25737658
Thanks for the leek, brotha'!
>>
>>25718424
Steel/Ground Donphan evo that's the size of a real elephant and has Speedboost.
>>
>>25741348
The ears would be big enough to cover all of the sides, and would basically be metal sheets.
The tire motif would be changed to a tank tread one.
The tusks would be foldable.
>>
>>25741348
Tall Girafarig evolution, too.
What do you guys think?
What else needs an evolution just to get closer to what it's based on?
>>
I just want a Samurai Farfetched Evolution and a Normal/Dragon Dunsparce Evolution with Tri-Attack
>>
>>25742640
Shit that Dunsparce evolution would be pretty cool.
>>
>>25719490
Gamefreak need to just shut the fuck up and fix all the dumb shit.

Leaf stone was in since gen 1. GEN ONE. Make it work for fucking Leafeon for fuck's sake. Hell why not just have all Eeveelutions possible to evolve with either an elemental location AND/OR a stone? Because it'd be too much work? Then fucking THINK before you introduce such a shitty intrinsic mechanic.
>>
Farfetch'd's evo would be Steel/Flying. It wears armor and has shield. On closer examination the armor actually a cooking pot the shield is the lid.
>>
>>25746930
It looks frenzied, like it just ran away from...
Somewhere.
>>
>>25744759
THIS
H
I
S
>>
File: 575Gothorita.png (505KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
575Gothorita.png
505KB, 1280x1280px
Psychic/Dark male evo when?
>>
>>25735355
Eviolite didn't exist until gen 5. Mamoswine and Lickilicky are from gen 4. The point still stands. Eevee is the ONLY pokemon to get a new evolution in gen 5 or 6 (Sylveon). It was effected by eviolite already.
>>
>>25749703
They started to evolve when gaining levels while knowing certain moves.
They could know those moves before gen 4.
Why wouldn't my Piloswine evolve in Emerald when it clearly knew Ancient Power?
>>
>>25749950
>He doesn't even answer
Can I get a
B
>>
>>25751651
T
>>
>>25752071
F
>>
>>25752310
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>25744759
All of the stone evos have manes. If they make Leafeon evolve with a leaf stone, they gotta give it a shrub mane. On crossgen evos, I see Arbok as having some potential with its variations. In one region, it became vastly different in its environment and the belly pattern became more than just a pattern. I just pulled this out my ass, but I want more crossgen evos. Gen IV was the shit because of this.
>>
File: 1456882122365.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456882122365.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Please Game Freak.
>>
>>25753471
I suppose so.
What other retcons could be implemented in the way certain species evolve?
Babies should no longer require incense, for one.
What else?
>>
>>25749647
Holly shit, want this so much
>>
>>25730276
a potato
>>
>>25755050
What else?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.