[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ Monotype Tournament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 55

File: fun god.jpg (184KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
fun god.jpg
184KB, 760x596px
Welcome to /vp/'s Monotype Tournament thread!
Here we hold a Monotype tournament where you can compete for fun with Pokemon of your favourite type!
This tournament will be ran on OR/AS and will start on the 27th of March.
Need to practice, team-build, or get some breeding leftovers to help you prepare for the tournament? Post away! There's plenty of people around to help!

Make sure to read the rules which can be found here: http://pastebin.com/5m8wc2a6

Registration forms are found in the ruleset pastebin (above) and must be filled out before the 27th of March. (One week earlier than originally planned)

Currently under discussion are changes to the ruleset, mostly pertaining to restricting more Pokemon including but not limited to: Mega Sableye, Mega Lopunny, Mega Slowbro, and Mega Metagross. Feel free to add any of your own suggestions for ruleset adjustments.
>>
first for shitposting
>>
And so my desperate race to assemble a team for registration continues.
>>
File: 2010-06-17-291938.jpg (1MB, 1059x800px) Image search: [Google]
2010-06-17-291938.jpg
1MB, 1059x800px
>>25698341
Don't worry, I'm still gettig a bit paranoid deciding what to change in my team so I haven't submitted it either.

Third for best type.
>>
Can I use Injected Pokemon?
>>
>>25698406
Yes. They need to be well injected to bypass Flat Rules.
>>
>>25698406
If the pokemon are legal you won't have any problem using them
>>
Tournament starts in 3 days. I'm looking forward to this.

Anyone want to do a practice match against my dragons? I'm here all day.
>>
>>25698620
I'll go one w/ ya
>>
>>25698648

Cool. I'll add you and get set up.
>>
>>25698658
Sign me after the druid.
>>
Give me a sec. Can't find one of my items.
>>
I think I screwed something up. I don't have Leftovers. It'll be a few minutes.
>>
>>25698743
Alright you can hit up bryn first, I need to make some modifications rq
>>
>>25698701

Adding you. I got the item, ready to go.
>>
I don't want into the tourney.
But I am looking for a four way monotype battle.
Four people with four different types.
We'd all say what type we are before battling so we don't have 2 types that are clearly going to destroy the other 2 types.
I can do ghost, dark, steel, water, flying, fairy, psychic, and fighting.
>>
That predict was eerily good.
>>
>>25698908
Remember the tourney will be best of three. I need to go now anyway, but keep in mind someone has to win two times.
>>
>>25698929

Yeah, but this was just a practice. I figured you'd be good with a simple win.
>>
File: errands.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
errands.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Next battler ready?

>>25698799

Have you finished those modifications?
>>
Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll be using a Mono-ghost team. I'll battle anybody here for practice.
>>
>>25699028
yezzir
>>
>>25699028
ggs
>>
>>25699091

Sheesh. That... THING.
>>
File: Dragon_Slayer.jpg (27KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Slayer.jpg
27KB, 992x558px
>>25699262
>>
>>25699292
rotom a best
>>
File: home_alone.jpg (576KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
home_alone.jpg
576KB, 1600x1200px
>>25699292
>>
I'd like to try some practice battles with this grass team I threw together.

If people want, I've also got old dark, fairy, and electric teams, though they don't take the new rules (and in the case of dark, the ORAS megas/tutors) into account.
>>
>>25698195
>Currently under discussion are changes to the ruleset, mostly pertaining to restricting more Pokemon including but not limited to: Mega Sableye, Mega Lopunny, Mega Slowbro, and Mega Metagross.
Maybe this is somewhere in the pastebin, but I don't see it: what exactly does restricted mean? Does that just mean there are certain moves these pokemon cannot have?

Also, is Mega Salamence allowed? I was debating trying to breed out a dragon team, but I'm not sure what mega to go with. Honestly Mega Altaria seems like it would be more useful in this format.
>>
>>25700351
>(5). Most Mega Pokemon are eligible to participate. However, Perish Song is banned from use on Mega Gengar, Power-Up Punch and Seismic Toss for Mega Kangaskhan, as well as Nasty Plot and Swords Dance on Mega Lucario. Salamenceite is also banned.
>>
>>25700351
>is Mega Salamence allowed?
No

We tried to find ways to cripple it so it could still be used but they all ended up making the mega useless or still too strong
>>
>>25700550
This desu

I feel banning Power-Up-Punch on M-Kanga was unnecessary, what was Normal type usage before that shit was banned?
>>
>>25700584
I'm pretty sure both pup and seismic toss were both banned before we even had the first tournament
>>
>>25700595
Well shit, not even any suspect testing?

Normal types aren't even that powerful with a few exceptions. Mega Kangaskhan is a well-placed ace in the hole in my opinion.

But hey, it's not my tournament.
>>
>>25700614
How do you propose we run a suspect test here...?
>>
>>25700614
>Normal types aren't even that powerful
loving
every
laugh
>>
>>25700683
I could have phrased that better, I meant in terms of defence, Most normal types can't take more that a few hits before they're down, and the ones that can are walls with not too many options

Not complaining, by the away.

>>25700672
To be honest, I'm not that sure, but I don't think power-up punch is that big of a threat on Kangaskhan for it to be banned
>>
>>25700729
and by a few I mean literally two, mind you.
>>
>>25700742
It's a good thing they're fast enough andd strong enough to one or two hit things right back
>>
>>25700729
>Most normal types can't take more that a few hits before they're down
porygon2 and chansey are literally all you need
>power
yeah because lopunny, diggersby, porygon-z, staraptor, etc don't exist

>>25700729
>but I don't think power-up punch is that big of a threat on Kangaskhan for it to be banned
It gets a free swords dance on literally anything except ghosts (hello, crunch!) and can sucker punch its way to victory from there, along with ridiculous bulk to keep it alive. Lots of types literally have no way to stop this thing. Hell, even in other singles formats which don't have type restrictions, kangaskhan is STILL banned just because it's that fucking broken.
>>
>no hidden power fairy
Mega Sabeleye is going to wreck my face.
>>
>>25700796
Sableye doesn't have many resists, powerful nuetral hits can pressure it down fairly well.
>>
Explain OPs pic.
>>
Curious how many people would be interested in a Champion Challenge after the mono tourney is over.

Personally, I would like to see a short-timed turnout just to see how well the top 8 teams fare against non-monos.

Anyone unfamiliar with the champ challenege, here's a copy/paste summary from last thread. Reply for interest or disagreement.

>Enter with a locked team of 6 to go against the 8 gym leaders. If you beat a specific gym in less than 3 tries, you get their "badge" and grow closer to becoming/fighting the champion. If you lose to a gym 3 times, however, you have to start your challenge over completely.
>Once all 8 badges are collected, if there's no champion, you become the current champion. If there IS a champion, you fight the champion, and like the gyms, must defeat them in less than 3 tries. If you lose 3 times to the same champion, you start completely over with no badges.
>This is a way for the gym leaders to test their monotypes against non-monotype teams, as well as non-monotype teams getting a chance into the hall of fame.
>Some of the hall of famers had very powerful OU teams specifically for sweeping the monotypes to become the king of the hill - where some would try to make a unique Champion entry (IE: Ryan getting the first Gligar into a champion team, Someone from season 1 {I think Actias?} getting the first mono team, some handsome devil whom I can't remember getting the first Honchkrow with Drill Peck...)
>>
>>25701331
Definitely interested in taking part in it, should it occur.
>>
>>25701331

I'd be game for taking on the gyms if I'm not one myself, if by some chance I became one I'd be up for challengers.
>>
>>25701331
I've always enjoyed this.
>>
>>25700282
still looking for battles
>>
Info sheet for those interested the the challenge: http://pastebin.com/VuvXMUnd

Season 4's results page, since season 5's was dismal :^) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6KvCKHFCx3sbFDHWTWSMg9w1mGptCr-g4R1j3MQkwg/edit?usp=sharing

Normal 1
Fire 2
Fighting 1
Water 2
Flying 3
Grass 1
Poison 2
Electirc 1
Ground 2
Psychic 2
Rock 2
Ice 1
Bug 3
Dragon 3
Ghost 2
Dark 3
Steel 2
Fairy 2

2 days left to signup. Make sure that you submit your team, including moves and items as specified.
>>
>>25703102
registered as grass
>>
>>25703285
Wew

Normal 1
Fire 2
Fighting 1
Water 2
Flying 3
Grass 2
Poison 2
Electirc 1
Ground 2
Psychic 2
Rock 2
Ice 1
Bug 3
Dragon 3
Ghost 2
Dark 3
Steel 2
Fairy 2
>>
>>25703655
Now I feel tempted to make a new team just to fill in one of those 1-person slots.
>>
>>25703716
It doesn't really matter too much. Technically those who are the only users of the type will become the representative in finals, but they will still play their battles the same. Two losses and they're out.

You have no obligation to play a type with less representation, though if you do want to switch, let me know who you are, what type you want to switch to and fill out just the team submission form again.

Team submission form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kWXk7WM2JHMv8ff03ytQYlhvvOnAg8BsxJDnWDpSXmE/viewform
>>
File: 1286920928724.png (420KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1286920928724.png
420KB, 640x480px
Yo, anyone up for a battle?
I'm just a little disheartened after losing about 4 matches in a row on Battle Spot without even fainting a single opposing Pokemon. Would like to know if this team has a shot in this format at all, or if it's back to the drawing board for me.

Also, does anyone have a spare Custap Berry by any chance? I think it may solve a certain someone's case of mediocrity on my team.
>>
>>25704386
Any particular type you want to practice against? Might also have a spare Custap, i'll have to check though.
>>
>>25704386

I'd be up for a battle as well.
>>
>>25704422
I honestly don't mind. Preferably something neutral against Poison, both offensively and defensively though.

This is Leo Spaceman, by the way. I'm pretty sure I have you added.
If not my thingy is 1993-7909-2609.

>>25704451
Awesome, I'd be up for that after.
>>
>>25704464
No worries, i've still got you added. Coming online now with a Fire mono.
>>
>>25704464

Cool. I'm a Dragon trainer, so I'll be neutral against you. I'll be online, challenge me after your battle(s) against Callum.
>>
>>25704464
GG's. Leo wins 2-1
>>
>>25704746
Good games, Callum. Plenty of sweeps going on both sides.
It seems I'm farily reliant on that lowbrow gimmick at the moment, but I'm thinking a Scolipede could do wonders for my team to shake things up a little.
Any luck with the Custap Berry?
>>
>>25704754
Got it ready now, bought to shoot the trade through.
>>
>>25704768
Thanks a bunch for that!

>>25704504
Adding you now.
>>
>>25704791
No worries. Enjoy!
>>
>>25704791

Good games. Leo wins 2-1 here, too.
>>
>>25705051
GGs!
My Custap didn't even activate, I think I'll just leave it on anyway.
>>
>>25705081

Neither did my Snowball.
>>
>>25704386
Are you still around and wanting to battle? Otherwise I would be good practicing against anyone, I have Bug and Fairy trained so far.
>>
I'm considering using tomorrow to raise a new Pokemon to substitute into my team...
>>
>>25705384

Want to fight me with your fairies?
>>
>>25705420
For sure, just give me a sec to add you and hop online.
>>
>>25705428

Thanks for that. I needed a decent estimate of how I do against fairies, and what weaknesses my replacement should cover.
>>
>>25705420
>forgetting to mega
I need to get my head in the game, good lord. Good games, your Haxorus is awesome.
>>
>>25705404
From what I saw of your team, it seems very susceptible to Burn at the moment. I'd either throw a Lum Berry on something or maybe introduce another Special Attacker onto your team. I've seen Noivern and Dragalge do great things before in this tournament.

>>25705384
I'd love to play another one. I'll be using Poison, so if you're feeling lucky bring the Fairies. Otherwise, bring on the Bugs. Adding you now.
>>
>>25705565

I originally built it because the team was for a cosplay as Drayden, so Haxorus was a must-have. It's become pretty irreplaceable.
>>
>>25705589
Oh you better believe I'm trying Fairy
>>
>>25705589

Yeah, looking at subbing out either Tyrantrum or Flygon for Noivern.
>>
Multis when
>>
>>25705589
Holy cow, great games. Your Venomoth is horrifying.
>>
>>25705884
Thanks, and to you too. Sure showed me a thing of two about having the type advantage.
Same can be said for your Mawile. -2 ATK and still no fucks given.
>>
Late bump.
>>
File: 1457342167952.jpg (93KB, 477x580px) Image search: [Google]
1457342167952.jpg
93KB, 477x580px
hoping that we get at least two signups for each type by the time tourney starts. Having auto type reps is kinda shitty, need the hype to build as much as possible.
>>
First lot of pairings are going to be posted around when I get up on the 28th, which will be Sunday evening/night for most people.
Make sure you have everything submitted by then.
>>
File: 1396128102730.jpg (73KB, 990x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1396128102730.jpg
73KB, 990x1000px
I'm around for practice battles all day with my grass team, and I've also got old dark, electric and fairy teams if you want practice against them too.

I've also got a powersaves so if you need any last minute edits or any BP moves/items, hit me up
>>
File: Steven.jpg (121KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
Steven.jpg
121KB, 500x488px
Would anyone be willing to critique my idea for a Steel team? I have an understanding of the competitive scene but have never delved too deep into it. No specific set ideas yet, but I just feel like this group of 6 is missing something.

>Klefki (Dual screens, maybe with T-Wave and/or Sandstorm but don't want it to be setup bait, still need to finalise)
>M-Metagross
>Scizor
>Lucario (special, non-mega)
>Empoleon (again, not too sure how to build it but feel it would be invaluable type-wise)
>Excadrill (Probably with Sand Rush, hence why I'm considering Sandstorm on Klefki)

I fucking love Steel types but narrowing down the selection to work well together is tough. I've considered M-Aggron, Magnezone and Skarmory but the 3v3 format is making teambuilding a challenge.
>>
>>25707988
>klefki
has about two good sets: dual screens and swagplay, both with twave. Screens are good on teams that are pretty fail and need them to help set up; I don't think they're very relevant on steel. Swagplay is effective against pretty much everything except ground types but it's fucking annoying to play against and gets shut down by anything with taunt or substitute. Don't use sandstorm.

>metagross
is fine

>scizor
is a good mon but I'm not sure what this brings to a steel team

>lucario
is fine

>empoleon
Last time I tried to make a steel team, I found air balloon + agility empoleon to be pretty useful. It forces ground-type attackers to spend a turn popping your balloon while you get an agility up, and then you've got your choice of water/grass/ice move to hit them back hard.

>excadrill
is fine, though the scarf mold breaker set is also good since it lets you hit levitators and absolutely fuck over electric teams

Consider m-mawile, skarmory, and aegislash.
>>
>>25708129
>Screens are good on teams that are pretty fail and need them to help set up; I don't think they're very relevant on steel.

It might be overkill but I thought bolstering steel's already solid defenses couldn't hurt

>scizor is a good mon but I'm not sure what this brings to a steel team

Yeah I had a vague feeling of this. I just thought it would be worth having due to its general utility and also being neutral to Ground.

>m-mawile

Thought about it, though feel like the job is too similar to m-metagross. Happy to be told I'm wrong on this

I feel like Magnezone might help a fair bit though open to suggestions.
>>
>>25708184
Ice is a good type for screens. Electric is too. Both types have a lot of frail mons and appreciate the extra bulk.
Steel's main "thing" is resisting tons of shit and hitting back. A lot of steel types are slow, so they might appreciate the twave support, but I don't think they would make good use of screens' 5 or 8 turns.

Your main goal when making a mono team is to have answers to moves that you will be hit super-effectively by. Skarmory avoids ground, aegislash avoids fighting, and empoleon kinds deals with fire. AV metagross works about as well as the mega, though you lose out on the mega's faster speed, and both metagross and mawile are useful against fighting types.

Ferrothorn might also be worth looking into vs ground types.

I don't think magnezone brings much to a steel team unless you're afraid of flying/water teams.
>>
>>25708214

I had magnezone in mind for finding a way to counter water due to its stell resistance but your point is valid on prioritising weaknesses first.

Part of me is still keen on screens, especially to support Excadrill and Lucario.
>>
Late night bump
>>
>>25700947
It's a fun god.
>>
File: 1449214026072.png (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449214026072.png
256KB, 1920x1080px
I've can make teams of any type for practice, so let me know if you wanna fight a specific type.
>>
>>25708129
Actually rather than balloon on empoleon, three attacks + agility with a shuca wouldd work out pretty well, allowing it to get into torrent range and start firing off crazy hydropumps.
>>
>>25710354
also an option, though then you lose your ability to switch into ground moves
>>
>>25710368
Entirely depends how slow they are compared to empo
>>
Reminder that if you aren't running Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, or Ground mono then you're going to get trashed. Bug mono guaranteed semi-finals.
>>
>>25710395
Oh, I already know I'm gonna get trashed. I suck at competitive.

I'm still entering, for two very important reasons.

One: I get to rep my favorite type.

Two: It'll be fun, and I'll learn stuff, both about competitive battling as a whole and Monotype battling in particular.
>>
File: BbnWQMh.png (227KB, 587x571px) Image search: [Google]
BbnWQMh.png
227KB, 587x571px
>>25710395
>Doesn't say flying or water
>>
>>25710431
Flying's powerful in Monotype?
>>
>>25710449
Is that an actual question? Yes. Yes it is. It is almost objectively the best monotype.
>>
>>25710431
He didn't even say steel
>>
>>25710395
We'll see :^(
>>
I'm back and ready to go with a crappy Mono-Normal team!
>>
Considering changing from flying to ice to fill the numbers out. Might need help from an injector if I do switch close to the date. Looking at you daniel
>>
File: dawnmit.jpg (20KB, 219x208px) Image search: [Google]
dawnmit.jpg
20KB, 219x208px
>>25712219
i-i can help as well
>>
>>25710395
>NO MENTION OF ROCKS

ANON, ROCKS ARE THE BEST

I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

AND I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF ROCKS
>>
>>25712651

>M-Heracross

That is all.
>>
>>25712688
>what are aerodactyl and archeops
>>
>>25712742

>Galvantula
>>
File: 1293764566810.png (296KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
1293764566810.png
296KB, 626x480px
>>25712688
>m-heracross vs grass
>>
>>25712770
>rock/ground types
>sturdy
>aero and scarf archeops still faster and able to ohko
>>
>>25712651
You're the master of shooting lemons, you blue piece of shit. Go fall on a spike.
>>
>>25712818
So edgy
>>
>>25710566
You mean, the meme type that gets trashed by Dragon, Fighting, Ground and Bug monos? Yes, I'm sure you're so proud of your scizor/ferrothorn/balloon-heatran team but it's nothing that everyone who's run mono even once before can't deal with while drugged up and at the wrong machine.
>>
>>25713060
>Doesn't even know the rules of the format
Here's your reply.
>>
>>25712818
THAT COMMENT MADE NO SENSE

YOU SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME AROUND ROCKS, ANON

MAYBE YOU'LL FEEL BETTER AND YOUR SANITY WILL RETURN

ROCKS ARE THE BEST, AFTER ALL

>>25712688
THIS MAKES ME CHUCKLE

THERE ARE MANY ROCKS THAT CAN KNOCK OUT A MEGA HERACROSS

THIS IS BECAUSE ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
Can we have a rule about spoilering other anons teams?

My team is full of gimmicks so I really don't want people mentioning anything during or after a battle.
>>
>>25713819
You have to upload replays, and the replays are visible to everyone. This rule very likely will not change.
>>
Normal 2
Fire 2
Fighting 1
Water 2
Flying 4
Grass 2
Poison 2
Electirc 1
Ground 2
Psychic 2
Rock 2
Ice 1
Bug 3
Dragon 2
Ghost 2
Dark 3
Steel 2
Fairy 2

>>25713819
Most people won't say too much after battles, however you're replays MUST be submitted and people will watch them if they play you in later rounds.
>>
>>25713836
>>25713841
Ah fuck, forgot about that.
Guess I'll keep the gimmicks to a minimum.
>>
>>25713859
Sometimes, even if they know about the gimmick, some monotypes still won't be able to do anything about it.
Your choice though.
>>
>>25713875
i'll just keep them as trump cards

btw, does /vp/ host regular in-game tourneys
realized i could easily make a good non-mono team
>>
>>25713841
yep, and people will often throw a bunch of dittos at your team in a mock battle to scout out your movesets as well

>>25713976
not that I know of
>>
>>25713976
We also run this after the tournament usually >>25701331

>>25714003
I remember one of my rounds me and my opponent just sent each other a copy of our teams
>>
Boy oh boy. Last minute team preparations are tough
>>
>>25715734
Tell me about it. I still have two mons to breed.
>>
>tfw wanna hit back with ice team
>tfw probably need hand outs and time to familiarise myself with ORAS meta
>tfw need to move furniture around tomorrow

welp
>>
>>25715734
>>25715770
I'm so glad my breeding went very well.
3 perfect IV'd pokes and two of them were first batch. Only thing I was worried of was getting battle points needing about 76 of them but already had 56.
>>
Yeah, I'm trying to raise my new Noibat. Glad it only took me 3 batches of eggs to get. (Breeding a 6IV and 3IV.)
>>
>>25715734
>>25715770
You'll have a week for your first two battles, so you have a bit more time than you might think.
>>
If anyone needs tutor moves, I can help. I have a few hundred points lying around and I'm always getting more.
>>
File: 1412266731202.png (398KB, 1150x541px) Image search: [Google]
1412266731202.png
398KB, 1150x541px
I'm gonna be away for 24hours ish. Anything you submit will be seen, i just can't reply to posts for a bit.
Make sure you submit all your shit tho.
>>
>>25717124
>tfw can't decide if you should change one last move
>>
File: spanish memex.jpg (18KB, 209x267px) Image search: [Google]
spanish memex.jpg
18KB, 209x267px
>>25717160
>oh this would let me counter -pokemon-
>but then it leaves me vulnerable to -pokemon-
>>
>>25715871
Handouts aren't that big of an issue. People will help.
There aren't that many tryhards here. So don't worry too much.
Furniture tho
>>
I'm officially out of the tournament for all 0 people that care.
That said I'll be available for people to use as practice during the evenings. Former leader of multiple types, and champ.
I've got teams for every type so whenever I'm around don't hesitate to bug me for practice
>>
I've got a question about Hidden Abilities.

If the Evolved form of a pokemon has a different set of abilities than the previous form, if the pre-evo mon has a HA, will the evolution also have a HA?
>>
>>25718452
Yes
>>
File: panic.png (174KB, 339x486px) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
174KB, 339x486px
Would anybody be able to help me with injecting a full team? A big ask, I know. A hectic work schedule up until yesterday has kept me from vidya for a few weeks and I really want to take part, but making a team over just 1 day will be tough.
>>
File: 1394217528540.jpg (552KB, 650x950px) Image search: [Google]
1394217528540.jpg
552KB, 650x950px
>>25707947
I'm here all day again

>>25718452
yes, and "slot 1" abilities will stay "slot 1" as they evolve

>>25718793
what pokemon do you need? I've got 4 boxes of competitive pokemon that I can clone for you if you want
>>
Reminder you have a week to finish your battles when they are given, so your teams don't need to be ready this instant, they just need to be submitted exactly as you are gonna make them.
>>
File: 1397338157802.png (34KB, 616x438px) Image search: [Google]
1397338157802.png
34KB, 616x438px
bumpin
>>
>>25720266
So in that case, I can just register now, finish calibrating my team to exactly what I submitted, and then battle my opponent?
>>
>>25721740
yeah
>>
>>25721852
Well then, registered for Flying.
>>
>>25720266
Cool, once I finish my errands I'll come home and register.
>>
>>25718793
Sure
>>
Is this the kind of monotype where you can pick one pokemon from a different type?
>>
>>25723643
No. Not at all.
>>
>>25723643

No, just cross-types. Has to have your type, at least.
>>
File: 1453767090680.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453767090680.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How long do we have left to register?
>>
>>25724221
It's closed once callum gets back I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>25724234
Fuck it, entering with literally whatever I've got in my box at the moment.
>>
>>25724249
#yolo
>>
>>25724249
That's the spirit!
>>
>>25724249
Alright, I've entered. +1 for the first 6 steel types in my boxes.
>>
>>25724249
Add a +1 to the Ice Type I've throw 6 of my only 10 Ice types. 4 Are Regi.
>>
>>25724493
your team has to be able to get past flat rules, meaning species clause and item clause are in effect
>>
>playing random battles to test team out
>go up against Mega mom
>kill i then they bring out fedora burd to finish my 4 hp
>think suckerpunch is coming so boost again
>they start spamming double team
NO. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>25725101
>quadruple team
Evil.
>>
>>25725249
>quadruple team
Wait.. Was that you?
How did you know they used 4?
>>
>>25725305
I actually read it wrong and thought Megamom used double team. Spooky coincidences.
>>
>>25725325
Ah nah they did get +3 with power up punch on my gyarados thinking I'd mega at some point but I knew better.
And knew they'd keep sucker punching me with Mega Mom as well so free boosting but it did live on 1 hp after I mega'd and +2'd my attack with waterfall but that's not the point.
Fucking didn't expect fedora burd to have double team on it. Figured it would just sucker punch me.
>>
File: Fountain_of_Doubt.jpg (299KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Fountain_of_Doubt.jpg
299KB, 760x596px
>>25725369
Wanna do a few rounds Rem?
>>
>>25725433
I honestly don't know if I can, for some reason my 3ds keeps dropping the net when I connect so I'll give it a few to calm it's tits.
>>
File: chasm.jpg (219KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
chasm.jpg
219KB, 760x596px
>>25725496
No worries, just send the request when it fails less I guess.
>>
File: SlyBone.jpg (2KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
SlyBone.jpg
2KB, 125x94px
Entries close at the end of today, which is around 12 hours away.
There's a little bit of leeway since I'll be sleeping at the end of it and will publish the matchups when I wake up.
Will be checking over submissions to make sure everything is in order too.
>>
>>25725614
Also

Normal 2
Fire 3
Fighting 1
Water 2
Flying 5
Grass 2
Poison 2
Electirc 1
Ground 2
Psychic 2
Rock 2
Ice 2
Bug 3
Dragon 2
Ghost 2
Dark 4
Steel 3
Fairy 3
>>
File: [barks].jpg (10KB, 169x233px) Image search: [Google]
[barks].jpg
10KB, 169x233px
>>25725654
>Flying 5
>Dark 4
you are little babies
>>
File: 1459027196403.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1459027196403.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>25725654
>Flying 5
>Dark 4
>>
>>25725668
I'm sure that those flying reps have flame body talonflames ;)
>>
>>25725575
>Oglaf
Nice.

Also, I can fight you in the mean time if you want. I can use my dragons, fire, steel or ghosts.
>>
File: trapmaster.jpg (153KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
trapmaster.jpg
153KB, 760x596px
>>25725728
Dragon and Fire to train more.
>>
File: bascinet.jpg (230KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
bascinet.jpg
230KB, 760x596px
>>25725774
>System Update
One moment
>>
Reminder to clear space on your Vs. Recorder.

Players that need to submit teams: Zack, Leo Spaceman, Red, Onyx
Players that need to make changes: LouieZX (Keldeo doesn't get past flat rules.), Bhavin (two leftover sets in team), Reece (no moves submitted), MATTHEW (two leftover sets in team)

Any differences between your submitted team and the team you use in the tourney will be seen as cheating, so make sure you update your details before the rounds start.
>>
>>25725575
Alright if anything it seems like it's fine now.
Let me test on a random battle and get back to you on it.
>>
>>25726009
>keldeo
lel
>>
>>25725774
>>25726019
Nice Dragon Battles!

BryN, I'll stop after this and let Remu play, then we can battle after that with Fire.
>>
>>25726065
Alright say when you are. Also this is Remu.
>>
>>25726137
I'm set with BryN, so go ahead and challenge him when you're ready.

I'll wait for a challenge from BryN for our round 2.
>>
>>25726154
Rip?
>>
If someone plans on switching to, or signing up for fighting or electric, let me know. I will be switching from flying to one of those two types, and I want to make sure they both have two people
>>
>>25726264
I guess it was your internet
>>
>>25726281
If I wasn't our second rock I'd take up fighting.
>>
>>25726284
I didn't disconnect from the net so idk what happened. But I'm pretty sure you would've won that first round.
>>
>>25726284
>three parahax's in a row
There was no way.
>>
>>25726438
Yeah man, I even wanted to use other move so it would be a bit fair. What was your last mon in the first battle?
>>
>>25726460
Rotom, it wouldn't stand a chance against Excadrill. Maybe a hit but doubt hydro pump would hit.
>>
>>25726470
Well, I was almost going to use other thing instead of EQ because I thought Greninja was next.
>>
>all these crits
We Gen 1 now
>>
>>25726483
Nah it wasn't him, and I am surprisingly under prepared for a ferrothorn.
Go figure it was the one thing I didn't think of being in a steel team since muh hazards in 3v3.
>>
Any y'all niggas down to multi before the tourney?
>>
>>25726543
I'm keen for some multis.
>>
>>25726630
In t b h
>>
File: 1458849033693.jpg (695KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458849033693.jpg
695KB, 1200x900px
I hate you Stef
>>
>>25726664
>All that RNG
6HP left.

Also, I think this is the first time I've ever beaten you in best of 3. Awesome games!

>>25726543
>>25726630
>>25726661
I can multi in a bit. Mono teams or fun ones?
>>
>>25726678
Congrats. You actually made me notice I can still outspeed a fully boosted Blaziken.
>>
>>25726678
Fun mons probably
>>
>>25726678
>>25726707
I'm bringing fun mono
>>
>>25726678
I'll bring one of each.
>>
Who wanna host?
>>
>>25726698
M8 I gotta ask what can be a good way to counter a ferrothorn with my team?
>>
>>25726805
I shouldn't help you but fuck it. Rotom's burns is prefty scary for everything, forcing a switch or making Ferro bear with it as Rotom survives the Whip and continue to Pain Split it. You can freely switch into it almost any time.
>>
>>25726786
I should be able to host. Trying to sus out 3ds internet issues though. It's being a rude dude.
>>
>>25726861
Ready whenever.
>>
>>25726839
Yeah I didn't really think in that since I'm pretty afraid of power whip but that makes a lot of sense.
And hey it's a friendly comp so helping isn't too bad to do. Just makes for a more fun challenge.
>>
>>25726943
I don't know your team but Super power on swampert can stop it coming in on you for free and ludicolo with focusblast can take it down pretty easy. Sub gyara can beat out some variants pretty easily as well.
>>
what time will the matchups be posted?
>>
>>25727005
Just under 24 hours;
>>
What happened to the multis?
>>
>>25727157
riperoos
>>
Still around for multis if people want them. Or some practice battles. Don't mind really.
>>
>>25728078
it's 27 already give us the matchups :^)
>>
I really hope I don't get a horrid match-up.
Or just do really poorly at predictions.
>>
>>25729150
What would waters worst matchup be?

Grass?
>>
>>25729222
Grass more than anything yeah. since there's a select few that resist it enough to take neutral and some x4.
That and steel since their stab is next to useless against it.
>>
>>25729222
I'm not 100% sure but I'd say that match ups not in waters favor are: Electric, Grass, Fire, Dragon
>>
>>25729250
>Fire
And I fucking love it. Everything being able to run Ice moves really worries Dragon, tho
>>
>>25729266
Now that I think about it, I forgot about Azu, dragon is a pretty neutral match-up. However, the random icebeams really don't matter to ZardX, M-Alt, D-nite sometimes, etc. Dragons had best be prepared for their weakness and when it doesn't come from a stab, it's usually all that much easier for them.
>>
Shit nigz. Just over 12 hours and we are getting started.
>>
>>25729877
I still have one mon left to breed, but I can't actually start breeding 'till I've got one through trade.

It's gonna be close.
>>
>>25729940
What mon do you need?
>>
>>25729951
HA Gligar.
>>
>>25729954
What's your friend code?
Just hatched a few.
>>
>>25730014
3437-3629-2568.
>>
>>25730073
Ok, added you just then.
My FC is 4098-2678-4492
>>
>>25730114
Thanks!
>>
>>25730146
No worries. Enjoy.
>>
Time for sleep. Pairings when i wake up.
>>
>>25730807
G'nite mate.
>>
Just have to submit my changes from my PC and I'm good to go.
>>
Submitted changes.
>>
I just want to wish all the participants good luck. Would it be okay if I battled a few people to practice for the next tourney?
>>
File: 1457113829043.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457113829043.png
2MB, 1366x768px
back from the ded guyzzz!!!1
if u need last minute injected shite let me know
>>
>>25732029
Ay bby any chance you can inject me a foretress with rapid spin/spikes/toxicspikes/stealth rock?
>>
File: 1890157-dp085.png (100KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1890157-dp085.png
100KB, 320x240px
>>25729954
I am genuinely saddened that I was not able to assist this individual.
>>
>>25732702
It's okay, I've bred the one I'm gonna use in the tourney. I just need to get it to Gliscor.

Damn, Razor Fangs are expensive.
>>
>>25732800
I can get you one if you like.
>>
>>25732800
>using Gliscor

but gligar is so much better ! This is my subjective opinion, so how could I be wrong?
>>
>>25732820
That would be lovely, thank you.

>>25732825
I already submitted the team. Besides, I can't run Poison Heal on a Gligar, can I?
>>
>>25732844
1349-5766-8487
>>
>>25698195
what web comic is this?
>>
>>25732867
Oglaf
>>
>>25732865
3437-3629-2568
>>
Good luck to anybody who is playing Ghost-Types, Steel-Types, or Water-Types.

Everyone else can go fuck themselves for playing inferior types!

jk, GL to ya all too, shit-taste and all
>>
>>25732820
>>25732865
Received. Thank you again.

>>25732899
>Underestimating my flying bros

They got me through the E4, they can do me good here too.
>>
>>25732844
I'm just messing around, Gligar happens to be my favourite poke, and I always use it instead of gliscor
>>
>>25732960
Are you using it this time around too?
>>
>>25732970
I was planning on it. I had a flying team submitted with Gligar on it, but since a couple of types only had 1 entrant, and flying had 5, I decided to switch over.

I have gotten my gligar to the Champ spot in the challenge after the tourney though, which was fun.
>>
Last minute battles when
>>
Good luck everyone
>>
is registration closed?
fucking hell moving it up one week during the one week i was super busy and had to do incredibly normie things last night (volunteering and clubbing)
>>
>>25733378
Did you even check the forms? You still have a short while to submit.
>>
soon
>>
>>25733991
very
>>
Does the system automatically drop the levels of pokemon above 50 down to 50, or do you have to get them to 50 exactly?
>>
>>25734392
It only knocks them down to 50, if they are below they stay below
>>
Callum
I'll get back to you, don't hate me, I'm at work.
>>
File: dedenne.jpg (246KB, 952x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dedenne.jpg
246KB, 952x1000px
matchups incoming

hype
>>
File: Skitty In A Box.jpg (181KB, 552x615px) Image search: [Google]
Skitty In A Box.jpg
181KB, 552x615px
>>25735097
>mfw hitting up Blissey Basses in anticipation

Man, just having a full team ready is hype enough, but getting ready just in time for matchups?

The hype is real.
>>
>>25735097
Hopefully we don't get any heathers stalling their games out and we can move on quickly
>>
File: 607765c7.png (96KB, 395x402px) Image search: [Google]
607765c7.png
96KB, 395x402px
>>25732046
what nature and evs bbyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>25735502
Relaxed, 252 hp and def, 4 spd
>>
Make a new thread when matchups are ready desu
>>
>>25732029
Not sure if it's too late but otherwise I'd like a Glalie with Earthquake Crunch Protect and Freeze-Fry as I just realised the on I have are beyond awful IV and I'd might aswell run 5 pokemon instead. Neutral Nature is fine thanks. EV in Attack and Speed mainly please.
>>
File: dedenne cheese.jpg (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dedenne cheese.jpg
157KB, 600x600px
>>25735734
on it bby!
>>
File: pachi wot.jpg (75KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
pachi wot.jpg
75KB, 407x286px
>>25735734
by neutral nature, do u mean hardy nature or what bby
>>
>>25735838
Yes please.
Thank you.
>>
Excited!!

Daniel is injektor now??
>>
File: dedeneeeeeeee.png (500KB, 730x634px) Image search: [Google]
dedeneeeeeeee.png
500KB, 730x634px
>>25735856
yes bby
do u want injections?
>>
>>25735856
tim get on old chat so we can invite you to the new one
>>
>You can assign multiple items to the y button by using the d-pad to specify

This is blowing my mind.

By the way, can I ask a favor? I don't have the substitute TM, so I need someone who does have it to teach it to my Tropius. It's the last move I need to give my team.
>>
>>25735972
I got ya
>>
>>25736002
Thanks. Should replace Razor Leaf.
>>
>>25736066
Yeah that's what I figured.
>>
File: 99999999999 hours in paint.png (140KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
99999999999 hours in paint.png
140KB, 456x320px
>error code 002.0119
>in order to use this service, a system update is required
well shit, rip injection
>>
>>25736132
Why is that a problem dan, what do you use
>>
File: 1354564546574.gif (391KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1354564546574.gif
391KB, 500x284px
>>25736132
>>
>>25736169
browserhax
im on 10.5
and this retarded 3ds is forcing me to update if i want to go online
>>
File: 1458845944425.png (99KB, 252x226px) Image search: [Google]
1458845944425.png
99KB, 252x226px
>>25736195
You don't have an emunand by now? Damn it lad
I'll take care of your requests if you want
>>
>>25736284
You got any links where I could read up on injecting? I wouldn't mind being able to do it again.
>>
File: patrick confused.gif (119KB, 266x224px) Image search: [Google]
patrick confused.gif
119KB, 266x224px
>>25736284
uuuuuuuuuuuh, i never really injected shit for me at least, maybe eruption dedenne and that stuff but otherwise the requests were done by other ppl

also that stuff is too confusing so back to breeding for you guys i guess

pic related, me when i googled emunand and read https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-a-noobnands-guide-to-sysnand-and-emunand.410439/
>>
>>25736306
You need an access to the homebrew launcher. Check /hbg/ on /vg/ for more info, but if you updated to 10.7 already you can't access it.
>>25736332
p-pero los juegos gratis
>>
>>25736387
Welp
>>
File: qt dedenne.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
qt dedenne.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>25736387
como tengo juegos gratis :O
>>
Ok lads and laddies, RNG is currently doing it's thing for everyone's opening matchups. Documents coming within 20 minutes.

Make sure you've cleared space on your Vs. Recorder and have finalised your team. Will still take any last changes if necessary.
>>
>>25736448
Hype!
>>
File: 1408398850846.png (142KB, 380x424px) Image search: [Google]
1408398850846.png
142KB, 380x424px
>>25736448
>>
File: HNI_0009.jpg (170KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0009.jpg
170KB, 432x528px
>>25736409
con el pinshi emunand friendo
>>25736448
HYPE
>>
File: 635281587913569439.png (249KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
635281587913569439.png
249KB, 600x338px
>>25736448
I know I shouldn't be scared, if I lose I lose but god am I scared.
>>
Final numbers
Normal 3
Fire 3
Fighting 2
Water 2
Flying 4
Grass 2
Poison 2
Electirc 1
Ground 2
Psychic 2
Rock 2
Ice 2
Bug 3
Dragon 2
Ghost 2
Dark 4
Steel 5
>>
>>25736556
Good luck ROCK MAN
>>
File: pikalol.gif (338KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pikalol.gif
338KB, 400x300px
>>25736556
>Electirc 1
so, zapdos was unbanned for literally nothing lmao
>>
File: 156745426465.jpg (85KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
156745426465.jpg
85KB, 1280x800px
>>25736556
>5 steel
God help me.
>>
>>25736556
>Flying 4

It's effectively more like 3, I'm probably gonna go down pretty easy.

Good luck everyone!
>>
>>25736556
and 3 fairy. wowee
>>
File: 1427591156724-2.jpg (30KB, 342x316px) Image search: [Google]
1427591156724-2.jpg
30KB, 342x316px
>>25736556
>Flying 4
>Dark 4
>Steel 5
you fucking babies
>>
>>25736607
Sounds like a fun challenge to prove who's the dankest.
>>
>>25736580
bby add me and lets trade ur forretress
>>
>>25736635
added beb
>>
>>25736556
>all those people going steel, dark and flying
Well I'm gonna be fucked I'm sure if I'm facing the majority of them.
>>
File: emolga peeking.gif (731KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
emolga peeking.gif
731KB, 320x240px
>>25736646
get online honey
>>
File: 1458923764141.jpg (103KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1458923764141.jpg
103KB, 601x665px
>tfw grass
>>
>>25736687
Much love <3
>>
Alrighty, so we all have two games to start off with. It doesn't matter which order you do them in, just as long as they are both done by around this time next week.
All relevant contact details are inside so get in contact with your opponent as soon as you can.

Round 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1otvDvzK3-Op7nyNSrY9CBb-J5DPP5y-y9A0P09_FoS0/edit?usp=sharing
Round 2:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1glrlzx2T_tG9yBFviYSKdZafsb0gZOdNtH-bVHEoyXM/edit?usp=sharing

Clear your Vs.Recorder. srs
>>
File: 160.gif (195KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
160.gif
195KB, 200x200px
>>25736790
>first round is flying
FUCK.
>second round is dark
DOUBLE FUCK.
Rip my boyhole it was nice while it lasted.
>>
>>25736790
>First Round is Electric
CRAP.
>Second round is Fighting
HAHAHAHAHA!
>>
Are either Mige or Leo Spaceman available to battle right now?

no point in waiting
>>
Jojo or rockman master of rocks I'm here if you are around for the next hour or so
>>
File: 1457013912126.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1457013912126.png
84KB, 300x325px
>>25736790
>Fire and Dragon
>For Steel
>>
>>25736790
>two frens round 1.
Not my favorite match ups.
>>
File: 134354556644.jpg (89KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
134354556644.jpg
89KB, 1024x714px
>>25736790
Steel vs. Ground then Bug. Hmm. It's alright.
>>
File: 1456406604840.png (275KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1456406604840.png
275KB, 557x605px
Poison and Psychic. Yeah this is perfectly fine, I'm glad it wasn't one of the FIVE STEEL.
>>
Is Timmy or Strey around right now?
I don't mind ether or I'm just already afraid.
>>
Bhavin or Haylie around? I'm good for the next hour or so.
>>
>>25736907
I'm around, adding now
>>
>>25737034
Alright it'll be just a moment helping a bro out with something and I'll be ready for my whipping ;_;
>>
>>25736907
>>25737034
I'm timmy, by the way. good luck, have fun!
>>
New bread
>>25737161
>>25737161
>>25737161
>>25737161
>>
>>25736790
So... Are you still around? 'cause I'm good for a match.

Alternatively, if LouieZX is around, I'll take them on.
>>
Thomas here, is my normal type opponent ready?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.