[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else think that the Gen 5 games had a different feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Pokémon.full.1352784.jpg (450KB, 993x744px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1352784.jpg
450KB, 993x744px
Did anyone else think that the Gen 5 games had a different feel to it? Like it didn't feel like the other games to me when I played it.
>>
The story had some semblance of actually trying to be different.

I like how the ending is facing off against the final boss of the evil team instead of the champion like every other game.

Also the region is more "urban" feel to it compared to most of the other regions that have a more naturalistic setting.
>>
I felt the same. I felt like I was playing a true jrpg like final fantasy or dragon quest instead of pokemon. The final main battle actually felt like a final boss. Didn't do the post game though.
>>
Designs aside, I think Reshiram and Zekrom were handled better from a plot perspective than the other box legendaries. It was great that the antagonist used the other box legendary.
>>
>>25680019
Yes. They felt horrible.
>>
>>25681109
I dunno, I honestly prefer the box legendary pokemon being mythical figures that slowly reveal more and more about the world and it's lore.
The story with Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem is cool, but it feels kind of inconsequential compared to the RSE, DPP and XY legendaries. Which is kind of insane considering Black/White Kyurems stats compared to most of those legendaries. (Barring Mega Fug)
>>
Yes, they felt fucking amazing. Best Pokemon experience.
>>
Objectively THE definitive Pokemon experience.
>>
File: fewfewfdsdf.png (421KB, 742x900px) Image search: [Google]
fewfewfdsdf.png
421KB, 742x900px
>>25680019
Probably because it's the only Pokemon game with a somewhat interesting plot.
The hero was actually meant to be a hero instead of being some random 10 year old who somehow saves the world.
Having no older Pokemon forces you to adapt to unfamiliar shit.
Gym leaders actually have some character.
A sequel instead of shitty 3rd version.
>>
>>25680019
Yes, they felt shit
>>
>>25680019
The story is very Tumblr and SJW

Also the aesthetic of the Pokemon design went to shit
>>
>>25680019
Yeah, it felt like shit. What a horrid experience.
>>
>>25681115
>>25681411
>>25681413
my niggas.
>>
I know i'll get shit for this, but this was my genuine impression. They felt cheap. The new animations looked very rigid and lazy, often just consisting of tweening some limbs on an existing sprite. We finally got Pokemon that were flat out sprite edits of each other. (The Klinklang family, the forces of nature guys) and the dex was being more transparent than usual about paralleling the RB dex. It felt very redundant, which I saw coming, since it was the second gen on the DS. I fear Sun and Moon is only going to suffer worse, being the second 3DS gen.
>>
>>25681420
Samefag detected.
>>
>>25681456
Yes, I'm sure only one person would speak out against the least popular generation.
>>
>>25681456
>15 posts
>13 IPs
>4 posts by 1 person

Okay anon. 2 people in this thread have made 2 posts, now 4 including me and guy above me
>>
B/W's main problem was that the region was extremely linear. You walked a straight road from starting town to Elite Four with no detours, no backtracking, no choice, nothing.
>>
>>25681413
>SJW
What is your fucking reasoning. Please tell me.
>>
>>25681592
Tumblr and the sjw invented videogames with plot.
>>
>>25681468
>Backtracking is a good thing
Fuck that bitch Mantina

What did you expect from the one Pokemon game with a competent plot?
>>
>>25681592
>Tumblr is SJW
>Story is tumblr
>Story is SJW

N should kill himself.
>>
>>25681649
Agreed, shit character. Colress is GOAT.
>>
>>25681652
Colress is alright but felt unrelated to the rest of the game and had a shit haircut
>>
>>25681658
>and had a shit haircut
nononono
>>
File: ie9-10.png (483KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ie9-10.png
483KB, 2048x2048px
>>25681660
Yes anon
>>
File: anguish1.gif (826KB, 275x216px) Image search: [Google]
anguish1.gif
826KB, 275x216px
>>25681671
STOP
>>
>>25681649
>trains are vehicles
>boats are also vehicles
>therefore trains are boats
>>
No, it has a "generic JRPG" feel to it.
>>
>>25681985
Nope.
You are incorrect and OP is right.
>>
>>25681461
Lots of people speak out about Sinnoh though anon.
>>
>>25681362
>>25681364
Then how come I hate it when I try to play Black?
>>
File: 1404907289206.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1404907289206.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>25685319
cast pearls before swine, they say

GF learned their lesson with tho, with all those genwunners complaining (and I mean the real thing: people that only play FRGL in their smartphones and hate everything that came out after gen2), and they decided to go for the contrary path in gen6 with handholding, rushed games, and an incredible amount of gen1 pandering. We all know how that ended.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.