[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about reading this. Is there anything up with Viz's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Thinking about reading this. Is there anything up with Viz's release/translation I should know about?
>>
They switch Green and Blue's names because America didn't have Green in Gen 1, thereby fucking up part of the dynamic of the FRLG arc.
>>
>>25667903

I'm still stuck in the Yellow arc, so I don't really know, but how can that possibly matter?
>>
Censorship, losing the "impact" of certain scenes.
>>
>>25667965
Is there an uncensored english version online somewhere or do we all just have to deal with Viz?
>>
File: 1458011721245.png (253KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
1458011721245.png
253KB, 329x305px
>>25668272

There is no 'uncensored' VIZ release. But there is another decently proper English translation of the series that keeps mostly everything from the Japanese Raws. Forgot the region in particular but I know it's the one most of us relied with translating it before VIZ joined in and is also the source of most scans posted online.
>>
>>25668272
Singaporean publisher Chang Yi released the original 7 Viz volumes from back in the day these were less censored than the modern rerelease), then continued releasing future volumes with their own translations. These are uncensored and much more accurate to the Japanese than Viz's later releases of these volumes, but suffers slightly from the translators unfamiliarity with the franchise, so game terminology can get misinterpreted (with stuff like "Sharpedo's Ability is Rough Skin" becoming "Sharpedo is known for having rough skin" and the like) and a bunch of minor characters from the games get new names since the translator didn't realize they weren't created for the comic and thus already HAD an English name.

It's better than Viz, though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.