[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canon discussion about how eggs appear. Continuing from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: s2303.jpg (36KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
s2303.jpg
36KB, 600x477px
Canon discussion about how eggs appear.
Continuing from >>25627663
>>
>>25628375
Magic
>>
Dutch Satanic powers.
>>
>>25628375
Pokemon fuck
>>
Pokemon don't die, they're just converted back into digi eggs.
>>
>>25628385
Pokémon lay Eggs.
According to Chansey and Blissey Pokédex entry.
They lay Eggs.
>>
>>25628638
do Pokémon do die.
>>
Certain Pokemon can switch between being impregnated and laying eggs. Since your character is young, they lay eggs for simplicity and gameplay mechanics

Others have no choice like Magneton, Weezing, Chandelure or most lizard/amphibious/fish/insectoid Pokemon

If the breeding mechanics were changed to reflect whether the Pokemon were mammalian or not, autists would screech and flail around angrily that their simple biking-simulator mechanics were changed
>>
>>25628601
Wat de neuk betekent dat nou weer?
>>25628685
Those eggs aren't fertilized.
>>
>>25628758
That's not true.
>>
>>25628745
Canonically, All Pokémon lay Eggs.
>>
Either specify a canon or this is now a Kangaskhan thread.
>>
>>25628830
Pretty much, but Mew alludes to giving birth straight without laying an egg, and FRLG retains this bit of information without retconning it despite eggs having been a staple for half a decade at that point

So some Pokemon are capable of both
>>
File: Mewtwo _birthdays.png (3KB, 140x76px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo _birthdays.png
3KB, 140x76px
>>25628758
Fuji saw a Mew give birth to Mewtwo.
>>
>>25628851
No. Mew lay Eggs.

Laying Egg is giving Birth.
>>
>>25628879
It still would make more thematic sense for Mew to have laid an egg, and then the egg would later hatch into Mewtwo if that was what they were implying in the diaries

Both are possible, but we only see one example used as a gameplay mechanic

Hell, Pokedex entries state Nidoqueen tend to their young when they can't even breed
>>
This is an artifact from before breeding existed. They preserved it in FR/LG only for the sake of it, and continues to have no context with the breeding system.
>>
File: 1450829821815.gif (151KB, 500x333px)
1450829821815.gif
151KB, 500x333px
Meme Magic.

They say that everytime someone gets dubs, an Egg appears at a Daycare somewhere!

It's just a rumour though so don't quote me on that.
>>
>>25628939
Mewtwo was born of a pregnant Mew, found deep in the jungles of Guyana, whose Egg embryo had been tampered with to alter it's DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where a scientist performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful. It eventually broke free of the Mansion, destroying it in the process, and fled. It can be encountered in Cerulean Cave, accessible only after a Trainer has proven his or her skill at the Indigo Plateau.
>>
>>25628939
I meant, Mewtwo was born from a pregnant Mew, who was found deep in the jungles of Guyana, whose Egg embryo had been tampered with to alter it's DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where a scientist performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful. It eventually broke free of the Mansion, destroying it in the process, and fled. It can be encountered in Cerulean Cave, accessible only after a Trainer has proven his or her skill at the Indigo Plateau.
>>
They manifest a type of energy similar to that emitted during evolution, combine it with energy provided by the opposite parent, and then shape that energy into an egg containing a new Pokemon with traits from both parents. No intercourse is involved, and it explains how Pokemon that should not even be capable of producing offspring with each other are able to do so.
>>
>>25628970
So you gonna disregard the idea that Mew can give birth despite the fact it can't breed in-game?

Meanwhile the in-game reasoning for Pokemon not being able to breed is that, "They'd rather hang out with other Pokemon" so they're still possibly able to do so, but just refuse to because they don't want to

Only Pokemon who possibly cannot breed at all are babies for being undeveloped little shits

>>25628992
I'll buy it. Though the only way you can enter Cerulean Cave is by getting the annoying fuck out of the way by becoming Champion

Unless said fuck is actually Mewtwo
>>
>>25629006
No. If That's the case, then two male Pokémon can do as well.
>>
>>25629006
>Traits from both parents
It's the mother's species with possibly the father's moves/IVs/Nature, which can be manipulated from the mother's end anyway. Not much else comes from the father in Pokemon

The only Pokemon that cannot breed with anything other than Ditto are genderless Pokemon, not even with their own species

>>25629028
>Male Horsea/Skrelp don't produce Horse/Skrelp eggs
Disappoint
>>
>>25629010
Mew cannot breed because it is an event pokemon, and we cannot have something that we turned into a money maker be produced en masse and made worthless. This is the only explanation you're getting.
>>
>>25629028

Some forms of energy are compatible with one another, while others repel one another. Simple.
>>
>>25628986
Magic is lazy Explanation.
Jirachi sleep for thousands of years.
Arceus sleep for a Eternity.
>>
>>25628375
A.) Pokemon do the thing creatures do and naturally produce eggs after a certain amount of time. This is the most logical idea, as the whole 'Day-Care Man' nonsense can easily just be alluded to the whole process being purposefully vague for obvious reasons.

B.) Pokemon are capable of sharing genetic information via being around each other, potentially sharing energy and information thanks to some kind of aura. The energy and genetic material intermingle with each other and form into a Pokemon egg.

Ignoring the limitation of game mechanics, and actually putting some thought into a more 'worldly/story' aspect, then A is the most likely scenario and result.

However, if you want to go balls to the wall and make Pokemon out to be even more alien and 'magical', you can just as easily go with B. It depends on how you feel or if you want to take game mechanics into consideration in some way and not think about what isn't provided and explained to you.
>>
>>25628699
I mean team rocket killed a marowak in gen 1, we've had versions of pokemon burial sites just about everywhere... Alder in gen 5 had a volcarona that died, AZ in gen 6 had whateverthefuck happen to his whole team and thought floette died for like 3k yrs

pokedeaths confirmed
>>
>>25629035
I was saying that, since that user say Pokémon don't have sex.
Then that mean, any Pokémon can magically bond.

No matter the gender.
>>
>>25629041
Still doesn't explain in-game legendaries. Also they make new Events every generation so I don't see an issue with breeding since Mythicals tend to be free anyway. It's just obtuse, Game Freak logic at its finest

>>25629044
Explains the Breeding Groups, though stuff like humanshape can probably fug

>>25629058
Pokedeath has been confirmed for years. It's just Taijiri didn't want battles to end in death because he felt that wasn't fitting and was a bit too heavy-handed for his vision
>>
>>25629044
Lies. Energy is energy.

Sex is sex.

Then why when two male Pokémon, a Egg don't pop up?
>>
>>25629058
It is currently unknown, How they killed a marowak.
>>
>>25629071
I know what you mean. Sex in some shape or form has to exist for genders to even be relevant in the first place. Otherwise they'd all be genderless and can breed with one-another

>>25629098
Very carefully
>>
>>25629082

Because male energy repels male energy.
>>
>>25629101
>Sex in some shape or form has to exist for genders to even be relevant in the first place
I understand what you mean, but linguistic genders are a thing as well.
>>
>>25629103
No. That's not why.
It's because female Pokémon actually lay the Eggs.

There is no magic included.
>>
>>25629074
You answered your own question. Gamefreak is lazy. This matter has no answer and it never will have an answer. Why in the everlasting fuck are any of you trying to find an answer for something that they never intended on explaining, and they don't care if there's inconsistencies. Battle, Gotta Catch 'em All, etc. Buy our stuff
>>
>>25629103
Pokémon lay Eggs.
According to Chansey and Blissey Pokédex entry.
They lay Eggs.
>>
>>25629130
Those eggs aren't for reproduction.
>>
>>25629103
Then having that specific energy and not having the same energy as a female would be unnecessary

It should mean a Pokemon is capable of switching genders if there are no other opposite-gendered Pokemon nearby to breed

Having genders has to mean for something. It's not as superfluous as what the internet turned sexuality into

>>25629126
Because I'm shitposting and don't care. I got my own fap headcanons knowing full well Game Freak won't ever explain it in the first place, which is why I find it so enjoyable

It's literally the perfect way to get people talking about your product
>>
>>25629141
There is no evidence of that.
People eat Pokémon.
>>
>>25629144
There are people that would crucify you for defying our lord and master.
>>
>>25629141
Pokémon Eat Pokémon, All the time.
It doesn't matter, if It's new born baby or Pokémon Egg.
>>
Do Pokémon defecate?
The only mention of it is Darumaka droppings.
>>
>>25629126
Because perhaps for some people, there is an interest in the world building aspect of the Pokemon universe as a whole? Maybe some people get curious over the possibilities of just what is actually there, and wish that some things would be expanded upon more.

Some people like to think. Some people like to world build. Some people like to have fun with the possibilities. Some people are of a creative mind and can't help but think of the gaps that aren't filled.

Some people will go balls to the wall and create incredibly lavish headcanons. Meanwhile others will try and piece together what makes more sense in a logical way.

Long story short: Creativity and imagination and a desire to know more about a world that interests them that will never get any focus beyond the limited way it already does.
>>
>>25629167
>Pokémon Eat Pokémon, All the time
Why haven't we ever seen this though?
>>
>>25629187
Pokémon is rated E for Everyone.
That's why.
>>
>>25629187
Gamefreak have No interest in doing that ways.
>>
>>25629195
>Pokémon is rated E for Everyone.
So Pokémon don't eat each other because it is rated E for everyone?
That means they don't eat each other period.
>inb4 Pokédex entries of Heatmor etc.
>>
>>25629182
Do you know where you are? I'd go fetch the fanfic thread, but it would be to no avail. Whatever. This place is not for discussion, it's for shitposting.
>>
>>25629213
Gamefreak have No interest in showing Pokémon eating other Pokémon.
>>
>>25629234
No, I get that. But why would they make it part of their world if they don't intend on doing anything with it?
>>
>>25629218
>This place is not for discussion, it's for shitposting.
This is what you've been led to believe. You're no more than a sheep.
>>
>>25629244
I don't know. I didn't create the Pokémon series.
>>
File: pope-benedict-xvi_1956775c.jpg (36KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
pope-benedict-xvi_1956775c.jpg
36KB, 460x287px
>>25628758

pic related
>>
>>25629176
Never shown on screen, but only scat fetishests care

Unless they use it for gameplay mechanics like Phantom Pain
>>
>>25629245
Oh, you intend to change that? That'll be the day. Perhaps when I can give an opinion without everyone ganging up on me and throwing the game this way and that.
>>
>>25629244
Because some things are just less important than other things. Despite the fact that it's part of the lore and everything. They just don't want to actively divert attention towards it.

It's something that they feel just isn't important enough to overtly show, and are comfortable with just having it be in lore/pokedex.
>>
>>25629259
Did the Anime/Adventures ever show toilets or mention them?
>>
>>25629244
Satoshi Tajiri know all the answers.
I don't.
Gamefreak needs to explain things more.
>>
File: [vivving intensifies].gif (47KB, 160x140px) Image search: [Google]
[vivving intensifies].gif
47KB, 160x140px
>>25629279
>Gamefreak needs to explain things more
obviously not because you're still a recurring customer
>>
>>25629286
They do need to explain.
>>
>>25629279
Tajiri also cries about death and refused to include it. I refuse any answers from him.
>>
>>25629286
Explaining anything isn't going to get people to stop buying video games if they're good video games in the first place

And it's not like it matters because people will still disregard their word for death of the author anyway
>>
>>25629322
You shouldn't accept Fanon information on the internet as facts.

Satoshi Tajiri know all the answers.
>>
>>25629112
Fine. Sex in some shape or form has to exist for biological sex/sexual dimorphism to be relevant in the first place.
>>
>>25629339
What are you going to do? You can't do anything to me.

TAJIRI IS A CHILDISH, IGNORANT SHUT-IN THAT CAN'T WRITE FOR BEANS. MY OWN NEPHEWS COULD COME UP WITH BETTER.
>>
>>25629448
Fanon information is unnecessary.
>>
>>25629451
And canon is narrow-minded butt kissing.
>>
>>25629471
None of that is true.
>>
>>25629448
He could make something we're all shitpost about right now though.
Ask your nephews do the same.
>>
>>25629511
It's blind faith that questions nothing. Sounds fitting to me.
>>
>>25628375

answer

Mew, invisible to the eyes, uses transform, and lays the egg
>>
>>25629536
Canon = 100% truth.

Fanon = 100% false.
>>
>>25629744
Canon changes. Canon evolves. Even the author can change their mind. The original is never the standard.
>>
>>25629786
...but more importantly, canon is something observed by even derivative works. Pokemon does not have that. It has no standards other than the appearance, names, and powers of the creatures featured within it. Even then, details are omitted.
>>
>>25629786
Because of Stupid Writers, who think.

If Pokémon don't lay Eggs.
Then there is a undiscovered. omnipotent, omnipresence, legendary Pokémon Egg creator hidden at every Pokémon day care center at the same time, since It's omnipresence creating Pokémon eggs for Pokémon.

This legendary Egg creator deity Pokémon must be omnipotent to create a infinite number of Eggs.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.