[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT popular designs that never ended up growing on you. >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 16

File: chesnaught.jpg (26KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
chesnaught.jpg
26KB, 300x249px
ITT popular designs that never ended up growing on you.

>tfw Chesnaught didn't end up being a Grass/Dark knight like early leakers were saying back in 2013

I remember when this fucker's design finally leaked and most thought he was a fakemon with those long, stiff, awkward limbs that make him look like a Megaman boss.
>>
Same, as much as I wanted too I could never get over how dumb he looked.
>tfw Chesnaught didn't end up being a Grass/Dark knight like early leakers were saying back in 2013
I know your pain.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
I couldn't believe I saw that people liked this. Why did did stand up? Why suddenly so female?
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 250x250px
I guess its ok for a mid evo but it isnt even psychic yet at this point. And furfags insist its design is superior to Delphox's.
>>
>>25625514
Frogadier was based and Quilladon looks horrible so there wasn't much competition anyway. Also Renamon

>>25625516
Delphox's design looks awful for some reason. Official artwork and models just don't do it justice. I've seen some good fanart, but it doesn't salvage it

Maybe a hood could've saved it. Something doesn't look right about the red dress
>>
>>25625487
I thought it was weird at first because when it leaked all we could see is its blurry model and it looked like a mummy or something. But the official art did it justice.
>>
>>25625514
>Why did did stand up?
This. It could have been so much cooler. Now it just looks like furbait with ridiculous ear-hair. Same for Delphox.
>>
>>25625514
>>25625516

I'm averse to picking Fennekin whenever I decide to do a Y (Or Z, if it ever releases) playthrough simply due to the furfags. I will say that Delphox's design has grown on me though.
>>
Chesnaught best gen 6 starter design. Panzer Hamster OP
>>
>>25625487
I really dislike the yellow; And I never get why they thought the eggshell on top of the head was a good idea?
That tail also looks reptilian.
>>
>>25625516
Delphox's sprite and model look disgustingly bad. Even if I want to like Delphox, Gamefreak insists on not letting me.
>>
File: mummynaught.jpg (6KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
mummynaught.jpg
6KB, 325x155px
>>25625533

kek

>>25625530

I think it's the brown and red color on the dress that just looks ugly.
>>
File: fennekin.gif (57KB, 51x59px) Image search: [Google]
fennekin.gif
57KB, 51x59px
>>25625538
>Not expecting furbait out of this

Foxes tend to be a popular animal for such anyway. Plus the whole Fighter-Mage-Rogue theme

>>25625543
I knew from the initial reveal I was going to pick Froakie. Feels good having won the jackpot
>>
File: delphox.gif (257KB, 95x110px) Image search: [Google]
delphox.gif
257KB, 95x110px
>>25625552
>tfw it can't learn Thunderbolt
>tfw Mystical Fire is one of the absolute worst moves in the series
Gee, thanks Game Freak

>>25625553
Probably. Something really just doesn't look right for it

Also Chesnaught would probably be better if the Shiny and Normal color schemes were switched
>>
File: 1457606316958.jpg (43KB, 632x469px) Image search: [Google]
1457606316958.jpg
43KB, 632x469px
>>25625543
>I hinder my own single player experience because of people on the internet
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 400x480px
I don't know how popular it is now, but when Mega Gallade was revealed, everyone seemed to love it besides me.
>>
File: cracked-chestnut-3295597.jpg (97KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
cracked-chestnut-3295597.jpg
97KB, 1300x957px
>>25625575
>Also Chesnaught would probably be better if the Shiny and Normal color schemes were switched
That would defeat the concept, though.
>>
gallade

I still dont see how people can like that thing after all these years. His fat egg stomach is just fucked. Everything about him is wrong, proportionately. Just an ugly pokemon.
>>
>>25625487
Agreed. It's design, along with Quiladdin, is hideous and grotesque in my opinion. It doesn't help that barafags flock to it as well. In that regard, I feel sad for its actual fans having to deal with those faggots. Thankfully, I really enjoyed Greninja's final design so I just used that when faced with the choice of it, Chesnaught, and oldman fox.

>>25625573
You are the worst type of human.
>>
I'll tell you what has ended up growing on me since gen 3. This fucker right here, pic related. The mega evo only affirmed my decision.

Too bad his defense stats are so fucking terrible. You'd really expect more resilience and survivability from a god damn camel.
>>
>>25625582
I hated it because it was the first Stone evolution to get a Mega while plenty of other ones needed it too. Also that it was made specifically so Wally wouldn't use a male Gardevoir. Its awful ability hurts too

It seemed like Game Freak was going in a direction where Mega Stones were similar to Evolutionary Stones so that no Stone-based evolutions would get Megas yet Gallade comes out of nowhere. It's grown a bit on me, but it's still far from my favorite

>>25625596
It's supposed to be puffy pants like some kind of musketeer or something, but it ended up coming across as a bit unnatural

Then again the Gardevoir line are far from natural
>>
So, this is just a thread for talking about Pokemon whose designs we don't like?

I don't like typhlosion. But we had a thread about it already today.
>>
Scolipede. The phrase "horse centipede" sounds cool, but it only works out in horror stories. Horsetipedes are not visually attractive in the slightest.
Venipede seemed really promising, too.
>>
>>25625649
How is it a horse centipede? It just looks like a centipede. A regular one.
>>
>>25625606
Only thing I dislike about it is its probably the reason we never got a mega Torkoal.
>>
>>25625661
It only walks on 4 legs and holds itself upright and off the ground. That's not strictly a horse trait, but Scolipede is definitely not just a centipede.
It's a quadripede.
>>
>>25625703
How? It's not like they were looking for a fire type to give a mega to. It's just that they needed megas for Maxie's and Archie's signature pokemon in Gen 3. Team magma uses Numels and Camerupts, not Torkoals.
>>
>>25625487
I don't mind the chesnaught design but I do think Quilladin into Chesnaught doesn't seem make a lot of sense. IMO quilladin is still too "cute" for a second-stage 'mon (they usually look a little more "mature" at this stage, take for instance charmeleon or even frogadier), and the complete color palate change seems to come out of nowhere. Either Quilladin should have had some of the white/beige in its design to make it more of a transition, or chesnaught should have maintained the same brown/green color scheme as the other two.
>>
>>25625749
Similar concept.
>>
File: quilladin.gif (122KB, 73x68px) Image search: [Google]
quilladin.gif
122KB, 73x68px
>>25625760
>It all goes back to Quilladin
It might be even worse than Servine or Grotle
>>
>>25625767
>might be
>>
File: tumblr_nxcgcbidKr1rd4ymxo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxcgcbidKr1rd4ymxo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>25625760
It beefs up and grows claws. Its not bad but could be better, I guess.
>>
File: greninja_super_smash_bros_wiiu.jpg (118KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
greninja_super_smash_bros_wiiu.jpg
118KB, 800x450px
>>25625487
pic related.
It's pretty much like your situation but with Greninja.
>>
>>25625487
His shiny is his most redeeming factor, but that alone makes him tolerable for me. It's hard to believe they fucked up that hard when the best color scheme was right there in front of them.
>>
>>25625894
>>25625593
>>
>>25625917
Anon, the white part is on the inside though

Chesnaught's design has all the white be the shell itself, which is wrong compared to the example you've shown
>>
>>25625543
If you're worried about furfags, stop playing Pokemon.
>>
>>25625610
Gallade shouldn't even exist. Gardevoir didn't need a male only variant.
>>
>>25626038
>muh trap Gardevoir
>>
>>25626058
Not really a trap when it can be male.
>>
>dark knight
Well he is a big guy...
>>
>>25626038
Technically no branching Pokemon should exist if there wasn't a need for variety, like Froslass. At least Gallade is a physical attacker in a line of special attackers, it's interesting and sets itself apart while providing its own niche as a result

It's not my favorite Pokemon, I prefer Gardevoir, but I've seen much worse come out of the series

Fucking 4chan thinks my post is spam why
>>
File: muhsnek.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
muhsnek.png
48KB, 250x250px
Boring
>>
>>25625575
>Gee, thanks Game Freak
Blame Masuda's favorite.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.