[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>following pokemon will never be back >dexnav will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 22

File: FUTURE.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FUTURE.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
>following pokemon will never be back
>dexnav will never be back
>dynamic time music will never be back
>underground will never be back
>hidden grottos will never be back
>friend safari will never be back
>join avenue will never be back
>Game Corner will never be back
>radio will never be back
>run toggle/autorun will never be back
>pokeathelon witll never be back
>super training will never be back
>easy money grinding will never be back
>seals will never be back
>gimmickballs will never be back
>good miningames will never be back

Why the fuck do we even play this franchise?
>>
>>25617914
Haha, I don't really know.
>>
File: image.png (289KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289KB, 620x372px
>>25617914
>>
>>25617914
To be fair hidden grottoes have been made redundant because of hordes and the dex nav.
Super training and Amie will never leave.
The only good minigame were the gen 3 contests.
Radio was only useful for swarms which wasn't introduced in gen 2 anyway
Underground was utter shit
Following pokemon was lazy utter shit
>>
>>25617957
As long as Amie exists for Sylveon, so will Super Training.
>>
the only feature I care about staying is customization.
>>
>>25617988
>>25617988

But you do know, there is this thing called "improving on your features" but Gamefreak would just outright leave them behind.
>>
File: _20151003_023313.jpg (76KB, 330x321px) Image search: [Google]
_20151003_023313.jpg
76KB, 330x321px
>GTS filters will never be back
>infinite egg hatch loops will never be back
>player customization will never be back
>shiny charm will never be back
>Soaring will never EVER be back

IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. I CAN FEEL IT.
>>
>>25617997
>inb4 feebass
>>
>>25617988

>Super training and Amie will never leave.

How are you so sure?

>Following pokemon was lazy utter shit

Never mind, opinion discarded.
>>
>>25617914
>what are D/P remakes
>>
>>25617997
>As long as Amie exists for Sylveon, so will Super Training.
They could just as easily pull a Feebas and create some new item to evolve Sylveon.
>>
>>25617914
No, because there's way too many pokemon to be able to implement it. Having more pokemon is better than having a pokemon following you.
I already forgot what that is.
Again, so important I don't even remember it.
Good.
>hidden grottos will never be back
They were ok, but I won't miss them.
>friend safari will never be back
Eh.
>join avenue will never be back
Yeah, trading Magnemites all day was so much fun. And that wasn't even the tedious way to do it.
Thank God.
More things I don't remember.
I can live without it.
Don't care.
Jumping to conclusions there, aren't we? If they take it out, they'll probably just replace it with another easy way to EV train. I doubt they'll go back to caveman times with this.
They'll take out the whole game?
>seals will never be back
More shit I don't care about.
You really are reminding me of a lot of things I don't give a shit about here.
Now you're just making shit up. That was never a thing.
>>
>>25617997

Just like contests right anon?
>>
File: 1456770070218.jpg (52KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
1456770070218.jpg
52KB, 612x380px
>>25618022

>I don't care so that means no one else does and I have a cruddy memory so they shouldn't be implemented

Heres your reply
>>
>>25617988
THIS
H
I
S

FUCKING T H I S

Following Pokemon is especially overrated and retarded. It's just a sprite walking behind you and emoting while 1 of 7 predetermined messages shows up.
>>
>>25618005
Grottoes were improved by hordes by making at least one guaranteed.
The underground can't be improved at all without a drastic rehaul.
Following pokemon will forever be lazy shit if you attach something to it then it'll just be a burden on the player.
The Radio doesn't need improvement because it's perfect use was swarms.
>>
>>25618022

You don't even like Pokemon do you?
>>
>>25618022
shill detected
>>
>>25618043

And Pokemon battles were just sprites standing still while predetermined text scrolls by. Your point?
>>
>>25618023
Eeveelution methods are never removed.
feebas wasn't either it was just given an additional method because contest stats couldn't be manipulated anyway, you could still do it the regular way if you transferred a maxed feebas
>>
>>25618070
One was a necessary gameplay feature and the other was a useless gimmick. Also battles use models now. :^)
>>
>>25618054
No one here does.
>>
>>25618042
>You don't care about any of the pointless shit that OP nostalgiafags over, so you're a strawman
Here's your (you).

>>25618054
Yes, I do. That's why I don't cry when pointless shit like radio or gimmickballs or outright terrible shit like Game Corner or Underground get removed. I care about the core game. If they did something actually hurtful to the game, like undoing the special/physical split or removing pokemon, then I'd complain. But who the fuck cares about the things OP posted?
>>
>>25618092
>useless
I'm indifferent about following Pokemon returning or not, but even I realize that even if it was simple and rather limited, it was a thing that helped represent an aspect of the Pokemon franchise that has been discussed countless times over the course of the games.

That aspect is the bond between trainer and Pokemon. It didn't contribute to the battle aspect, but it did contribute in a few other ways in regards to a sort of bond. It's a feature that could have potentially been expanded upon and tweaked so that it could have worked better and provided much more. Perhaps even almost amie-like.

However, it remained a one-off gimmick that stayed incredibly simple, and so the potential of what it could become died before it was even realized.

>>25618054
Does most of /vp/ like Pokemon?
>>
>>25618092

Who says they're necessary? The game could just be text and numbers. Graphics don't affect the core gameplay.
>>
>>25618100
>I care about the core game. If they did something actually hurtful to the game
Several of those mechanics are extremely important to the main game anon especially the dex nav.
>>
>>25618154
That's an outright lie and you know it. None of the things OP listed is important. Not even Super Training. And some are just plain bad.
>>
>>25618100

>who the fuck cares about the things OP posted

People that care about fun and having content in games
>>
>>25618141
>does most of /vp/ like pokémon
apparently not, but most of 4chan hates the games that they play and think they're all entitled cunts who deserve the game for free while devs work hard on the games. fits in pretty well.
>>
>>25618141
>That aspect is the bond between trainer and Pokemon.
By not showing such a bond through predetermined and limited text that made the pokemon nothing more than a domesticated pet?
Could have fooled me.

Amie did a much better job of it seeing as it had actual interaction between trainer and paste pokemon.
>>
>>25618100
>Yes, I do. That's why I don't cry when pointless shit
Nah, you don't, because if you did, you'd realize that even the 'pointless gimmicks' you are talking about can help create a sort of ambiance.

But then again, you sound like the type of person whose only desire is if the games were just outright mechanical and only about battle after battle, with no other interesting thing involved.

You don't really understand much outside of your own little world, or the possibilities that could be. You limit yourself horribly, and that's a shame.
>>
>>25618172
So no one here because all they want is to shit on each other.
>>
>>25618054
He probably likes Pokemon a little too much, that's why he's apologist as fuck to every feature they remove. I bet he liked ORAS too.
>>
>>25618022
This is shilling refined.
>>
File: 5Myd6oF.png (97KB, 508x375px) Image search: [Google]
5Myd6oF.png
97KB, 508x375px
>>25618194
>he didn't like the pokemon following you
Confirmed no imagination. It puts your Pokemon in a whole new light and you don't need to do repetitve minigames unlike Amie,

In a good world, we could have both, but god knows fucking Gamefreak won't allow it.
>>
>>25618169
The dex nav allowing people to get pokemon with at least 3 perfect ivs, hidden abilities, held items and egg moves. Which is vital if you want to breed and go online.
As for the held items it's good for items that are limited like sun and Moon stones.

Also you can just tap to encounter a pokemon rather than rely on RNG.
>>
>>25618194

Pokemon are basically just glorified pets, so I'm not sure what the problem is. And you don't want to have your pokebro out of it's pokeball and by your side while you explore? The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>25618022
How the fuck is the dexnav not important?!

Didn't you enjoy the underground with your bros?
>>
ITT: Any feature that isn't battling is bad, useless and a gimmick
>>
File: 1447297942677.jpg (55KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
1447297942677.jpg
55KB, 358x429px
>>
>>25618141
amie did a much better job with the bonding than the shitty following pokemon gimmick
>>
>>25618242
>ITT: Anyone who doesn't like this specific list of gimmicks is a shill who hates pokemon somehow and never mind the features that have actually been good enough to stick around, like held items, breeding, double battles, etc
FTFY
>>
>>25618227
>Confirmed no imagination.
The irony being that following pokemon limited the imagination by giving pokemon preset personalities that often didn't fit with the natures given.
You literally can't have following pokemon and your own imagined shit if you take the route hgss did.
>>
>>25618235
Screw you, pokemon aren't mindless creatures to me.
>>
>>25618235
>Pokemon are basically just glorified pets
They've always been depicted as partners with their own personalities not pets.
>>
>>25618235
>And you don't want to have your pokebro out of it's pokeball and by your side while you explore?
I don't know about that anon but if I had a choice between my bro and a generic pet that looked like it but followed me I'm going to take my bro every time.
>>
>>25618277

How do you explain npcs in the games that are shown to keep Pokemon as pets then?
>>
>>25618255
>shill who hates pokemon

literally what

shill doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
File: ISNgJkB.png (95KB, 511x375px) Image search: [Google]
ISNgJkB.png
95KB, 511x375px
>>25618265
Are you saying you'd rather not have it at all? That seems pretty silly, anon.
The following thing made me realize how much I enjoyed Chikorita and didn't evolve it, I also like the rest of my team much more than say, my BW2 team.
>>
>>25618307
That's the whole point, retard. You can't even decide if anyone who disagrees with OP is a shill or someone who hates pokemon. Must be both. Unlike OP, who likes pokemon so much that he questions why he plays it because he can't play slots to win a Porygon.
>>
>>25618300
So they don't want to battle. That doesn't mean they're just pets.
>>
>>25618338

They literally describe them as "pets" in-game you autistic fuck.
>>
>>25618346
It also describes pokemon in general as sharing this world with humans. That sounds like more than pets to me.
>>
>>25618365

Animals also share the world with humans, that doesn't make them special.
>>
721 isnt that much more than 493 to be honest
>>
>>25618390
Confirmed for not playing the game. If you knew the description, then you'd know why they're more than pets.
>>
>>25618346
>They literally describe them as "pets" in-game you autistic fuck.
Have you ever played the pokemon games?
Literally the first game says otherwise and has them as more than pets.
>>
>>25618422

Only trainers have a "more than pet" bond with their Pokemon, but most people aren't trainers. Pokemon can be pets, friends, tools or things to fight with just like animals in our world.
>>
>>25618431
>>25618422

(^:
>>
>>25618444
Oh, so I'm not a trainer unless I battle now? The bond of pokemon is still more than pets.
>>
>>25618477
>for some people
>the game also goes on and has Mewtwo and other forces of nature
Still not basic pets :^)
>>
Prof. Sycamore:
"Welcome to the world of Pokémon!"
"I am Augustine Sycamore, the Kalos region's very own Pokémon Professor."
"This world of ours is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon!"
"These mysterious creatures can be found in every corner of our world..."
"Some run across the plains, others fly through the skies, and others yet swim in deep oceans..."
"We live together with these Pokémon, lending our strength to one another to live and prosper."

Prof. Birch:

"Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Birch. But everyone calls me the Pokémon Professor. And this…is what we call a "Pokémon." This world is widely inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon. We humans live alongside Pokémon, at times playing together as friends, and at times helping one another out. And sometimes, we just like to have fun battling others like us! But as close as we are, we don't know everything about Pokémon. In fact, there are still many, many mysteries surrounding Pokémon. I do research to try to unravel those Pokémon mysteries. But that's enough about me!"
>>
>that masterful crop
>>
>>25618491

People that just keep Pokemon aren't trainers. Anyone, even little children that aren't old enough to get their trainer license, can own Pokemon as pets.

>>25618499

>moving the goalposts
>>
>>25618538
>>moving the goalposts
Not really.
They're still pokemon and pretty much every pokemon has a considerable amount of intelligence beyond the level of a pet.
>>
>>25618333
>j-just pretending to be a retard
>>
File: n99j67M0191qfugwzo1_400.gif (1MB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
n99j67M0191qfugwzo1_400.gif
1MB, 400x268px
Give me a comfy ass region with day/night music themes, my starter Pokemon following me, fun and decent minigames like races and contests, and then were aces Game Freak

Gen IV did it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWl-TacGvc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfQBJub1rew
>>
>>25618538
I'm pretty sure a trainer is more vague than that. I'm certainly not going to analyze that myself.
>>
>>25618560

Yes really. First you claim Pokemon aren't pets, then when shown proof from the game saying that they are, you go "oh well they're still not BASIC pets", like what the fuck does that mean? A pet is a pet, regardless of power or intelligence.
>>
>>25618582
You're not pretending.
>>
>>25618588

Is anyone that owns a dog a dog trainer? Certainly not.
>>
>>25617914
>>dexnav will never be back
You take that back, because I'm going to find you and punch you in the dick you fucking cunt.
>>
>>25617914
>One day there will be a fan game with all these features
>The story and theme will suck ass

Why live?
>>
>>25618610
We also don't have a lot of professions that require the use of animals. Are you going to call all those trainer classes not trainers?
>>
File: 1432673535127.png (22KB, 366x127px) Image search: [Google]
1432673535127.png
22KB, 366x127px
>>25618022
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>25618598
>First you claim Pokemon aren't pets, then when shown proof from the game saying that they are
>proof
How is that proof that they're nothing more than pets when you have the entirety of the game saying they aren't?

The whole point of this argument was you trying to say they were nothing more than basic pets.
>>
>>25618677
Or maybe I'm not autistic and I can live without features that range from non-vital to shit. But, sure. OP is right. Why do we still play now that we have no net balls?
>>
>>25618680

How is the game saying some people keep Pokemon AS PETS not proof that they can be pets? You can keep being autistic about "muh friendship" and "muh bond" all you want but the fact is some Pokemon are just cutesy creatures to play with and care for, you know, like pets.
>>
And this is why I don't want to play anymore. I can no longer support treating pokemon as objects. You may not believe it, but I do.
>>
>>25618749
>First you claim Pokemon aren't pets, then when shown proof from the game saying that they are
>proof
How is that proof that they're nothing more than pets when you have the entirety of the game saying they aren't?

The whole point of this argument was you trying to say they were nothing more than basic pets.>>25618749
>How is the game saying some people keep Pokemon AS PETS not proof that they can be pets?
Because you're trying to say that they have the intelligence of just a basic pet when we know for a fact that pokemon can act in ways similar to humans.

They CAN be pets in the same way a person into sports can pick up a guitar one day but that doesn't mean they're nothing more than pets.

How retarded do you have to be to not get this?
>>
>>25618790
Fucking phone
>>
>>25617914
>Posting what make each generation unique
Just fuck off, if you want to relive those features, go back and play those games, the thing with pokemon is that they do something different each generation but that remain there.
>>
File: 88767b4418d06173f45e300be91f2d0e.png (432KB, 500x1260px) Image search: [Google]
88767b4418d06173f45e300be91f2d0e.png
432KB, 500x1260px
>>25617914
>GameFreak won't ever make an awesome fusion between following Pokemon and Amie

Interacting with my Pokemon has been one of my favorite features in the series and it pains me that there's the high possibility that those features won't come back. Though I know I can live without them, I still enjoyed gen 5 despite having no feature to interact with my Pokemon.
>>
>>25618790
>Because you're trying to say that they have the intelligence of just a basic pet

I never said anything about their intelligence. And intelligent beings can be kept as pets. Look up the actual definition of pet:

>a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure and treated with care and affection

How exactly do Pokemon not fit into that?
>>
>>25618043
kill yourself
>>
Confirmed for no friends or a mate.
>>
>Character customization will never be back
>Seasons will never be back

Why does Gamefreak make really fucking fantastic little game mechanics and then never implement them ever again? I liked seasons, it made the world comfy. I liked my pokemon following me, it felt like they existed to be more than just prized cockfighters. I liked customizing my character, it made me be the little girl. Dynamic music, the radio, hidden grottos, seals, all great things, but never to be used again. Also, fuck whoever complained about gambling in the games corner.

I just have to wonder, honestly. Why is it so hard for them to say "people liked these functions so we should include them in all following games so that nobody can say we're taking steps back."
>>
File: 1457767983959.jpg (172KB, 1518x828px) Image search: [Google]
1457767983959.jpg
172KB, 1518x828px
>this thread
>>
>>25618845
You're still trying to say that Pokemon are basic pets anon.
When the fact of the matter is that people in the pokemon world keep them for a multitude of reasons beyond that.
Such as delivering mail or item, security, housekeeping and so on. Like I said before, they can be pets buy that's not what they're limited to like you've been saying.
>>
>>25618947

I never said Pokemon are limited to pets
>>25618444
>Pokemon can be pets, friends, tools or things to fight with just like animals in our world
>>
>>25618829
>>25617914
>there are no more pokemon amie in bottom screen
>pokemon is following you
>you turn to face it and press A
>[pokemon message]. Do you want to play with [pokemon]?
>yes
>amie opens

bonus points if background changes based on where you are
>>
>>25618945
Isn't that every thread? All you have to do to trigger /vp/ is say that you enjoy the current gen.
>>
>>25618978
Or say that you disagree with the game in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>25618790
>How is that proof that they're nothing more than pets when you have the entirety of the game saying they aren't?

They're saying some people keep them and treat them as pets, you fucking retard. It's like lions. Most people would say that lions are not pets, lions are dangerous. Lions actively hunt large mammals, such as humans.

But some people keep them as pets. Pokemon, are monsters that can be really smart, really powerful, or just really goddamn big. And you know what? That won't stop some little kid treating their Electivire like a kid treats a Saint Bernard in the real world. As a big fluffy friend to pet and hug.
>>
>>25618972
>implying that's you when it's not even a part of this reply chain
In any case now you're saying that only trainers can have bonds beyond that when the game still says otherwise.
>>
>>25618973
>saying No will instead have your Pokemon give their thoughts on the area
>predetermined messages are expanded to have different responses on their nature and friendship level
>Amie has more than 3 minigames
>special little animation plays where the pokemon (at least attempts to) hug your trainer after increasing a heart level in Amie
>>
>>25618651
Don't worry Anon, if I ever get around to making this game, the story will just be "Kid on an adventure!"
If you enjoy the current battle system, though, you'd be upset.
>>
>>25618705
Why do you play the games? The mechanics? The story?
I play for the cool idea of having monster buds, for the ambiance. Those contributed to the ambiance.
You're probably just baiting, anyway. And if you're not, you're autistic.
>>
>digimonesque mega pokemon will be around for years to come

fug
>>
File: dangit lugia.jpg (16KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
dangit lugia.jpg
16KB, 236x353px
>>25619124
>>
>>25619262
I used to think the same, and then I found out the game is a pack of lies. Nothing but a power fantasy.
>>
>>25619124
You know what would be great? If Amie had different minigames for different pokemon.

Something to do with flying for anything that flies, floats, or levitates. Something related to swimming for water types. A training minigame for fighting types. Things like Slaking, Snorlax, Wailord, etc would have the berry eating game. Minigames could also be contextual, so there's a minigame that can be played if you're surfing, or in the mountains, in a cave, etc.
>>
>>25618080
R/S had no day/night cycle.
>>
>>25619262
So every way but yours is wrong? The moment someone suggests that those mechanics are not important to them, you fly into a fury because they don't understand the true meaning of the game like you do? You're the autistic one.
>>
>>25618095
Go back to /v/
>>
File: 1458258464900.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1458258464900.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>25619124
>>25619295
Fuck why cant this return? It added so much depth and atmosphere
>>
>>25617914
I dunno, why are you so fucking cynical?
>>
>>25619318
They still evolved in RSE depending on the time.

They didn't evolve in FRLG though.
>>
>>25619358

>cynical
>because Gamefreak is one of the only two videogame companies to consistantly remove features with each subsequent game.

shut up Masuda.
>>
>>25619390
If the fact that the OP is a list of features from every gen is any indication, they also introduce features with each subsequent game. I'm sure Gen 7 will have its own gimmicks.
>>
>>25619323
>fury
Anyway, the mechanics are bad. So is the story. And you don't like the ambiance.
So why are you here?
>>
>>25619411
And when did I say that? You're just jumping to conclusions, you Autist Lord.
>>
>>25619346
Sure i was hyped when GF revealed it in HGSS, i used it everytime i could/wanted, and i liked it but i dont miss it right now.
>>
>>25619423
You implied that, you autist. A person with average social intelligence is able to pick up on implications and make the right implications.
>>
>>25619124
Fucking hell this is the direction they need to go in but you just know Gamefreak will take the easiest way out. They need to have different behaviors for the Pokemon too based on their affection level instead of just "well at 0 affection they don't have the sweet spot but after that it's all the same"
>>
>>25619390
>making each game a unique experience is bad
>giving each game replay value is bad
>>
If you're not happy, literally don't buy it. Not trying to be an asshole, but people buying pokemon products despite a lack of quality is what gives gamefreak and the pokemon company such little incentive to improve anything.
>>
>>25619450
Where did I imply that? All I did was say that the features OP listed didn't seem that relevant to me. I only expressed any actual dislike for two of them. And there were a couple I actually implied that I liked but still said that I could live without them. How does that translate to "I don't like the ambiance"? That doesn't even make sense. Don't talk about what people with average intelligence can do. You're below average intelligence. You don't know shit about that.
>>
>>25619487

Don't worry. I don't plan on buying SM I do plan on playing it.
>>
>>25619346
What depth and atmosphere?
It literally does the opposite by presenting scenarios that are ridiculous even by pokemon standards.
>>
>>25619472
>>making each game a unique experience is bad
As opposed to making them stepping stones to improve the franchise as a whole?
>>
>>25619500
>I don't plan on buying SM I do plan on playing it.
You mean you plan on watching other people play it.
>>
>>25619521
>>25619521

I mean I'm gonna pirate them.
>>
>>25617914
they keep things like that for each region so when they eventually rerelease the games again they can use it as a feature to buy them
>>
>>25618141
I like it enough that I hate it. Does that make sense? It's maddening to see all that wasted potential and what could have been if Pokemon had a better developer.
>>
People are STILL crying about following Pokemon. Holy shit let it go, it's never coming back.
>>
>>25619318
RSE were the only main games where you could get them at the time anon.
That said you couldn't in FRLG due to that stupid nostalgia thing they were going for.
It made a return in subsequent games but once again they removed Eeveelutions in HGSS with glaceon and leafeon along with the other location based evos.
Since Black and White they've never removed them, not even in ORAS which had neither the rocks, location evo mechanics or Amie in the original games.
>>
>>25619507
The franchise HAS improved as a whole. You're not looking for improvement, you're looking for the super-duper-ULTIMATE Pokemon game that has every good thing in the series all rolled into one package, even though the series obviously doesn't operate that way.
>>
I will only say that I think atmosphere does not exist because they have next to no art direction, all thanks to the archaic top down perspective. Playing with the camera in specific places doesn't cut it. I'm not here to take selfies at places you think are interesting. If you put in just as much effort with the ENTIRE world, we might have something.
>>
>>25619493
You implied that by mentioning forgetting many mechanics that enhance ambiance, actively hating some mechanics, and not caring about the others.
If you enjoyed the ambiance, you would express at least average slight disappointment at the loss of all of these features, even the ones that you didn't like, as they do not change your core experience of the games, many of them are skipable, so you can ignore your hated ones, and you would recognize that some people enjoy each and every one, and so their not being included is a net loss in features and enjoyment of the fans.
So either you're autistic or you're baiting.
I'll stop tugging the line.
>>
>>25619575
Fucking this so much. This describes this entire board.
>>
>>25619564
>It's never coming back

And that's why we're mad.
>>
They do that so they can focus on new shit more. The way they market these games is "new shit!" instead of "better shit!", so they'd rather ditch older beloved features in favor of working on implementing them alongside newer features. I mean it sucks but what are you gonna do? That's just how GF rolls.
>>
>>25617914
shit, I totally forgot about that. now I have the saddies.
>>
>>25619549
I feel the same way about the distortion world.
You would think that making distortions in time and space would affect the timeline around it and possibly drag stuff in but no, nothing just an empty waste of space.
>>
>>25619575
>actually defending the removal of features

how retarded can you get?
>>
>>25619597
The only things that have been removed over the years are gimmicks anon.
>>
>>25617914
The only features you've listed that aren't shit were:
>Following Pokemon
>DexNav
>toggle autorun
>seals
>>
>>25619579
Most of those don't even have anything to do with ambiance, you retard. And the ones that do, like pokemon following, I didn't say I didn't like them. The music one is the only one I had forgotten about that had anything to do with that. There's no line, only your autism. You're just mad because you think I said something that I never said. And now you're actually trying to prove to me that I did. This is completely retarded. Please stop being so retarded, anon.
>>
>>25619597
Because certain features are obviously meant to make certain games feel unique and special? The features you like so much are as memorable as they because they were in certain games, which made those certain games special to you.

If every game just had every feature they would lose their meaning.
>>
>>25619642
Hi, Masuda.
>>
I'm actually surprised that anyone on /vp/ even uses Amie for anything other than evolving Sylveon, I felt like a weirdo when I first tried it for a few minutes back in 2013 and I've never went back and used it again since, not get a Sylveon, it just didn't sit right with me at all. It probably didn't help matters that my Pokemon were humanoid, so the situation was just super creepy all around.

Hold on, Humanoid Pokemon.... Gardevoir, Lopunny, Braixen....hmm...

I take back what I said earlier, I'm no longer surprised that people on /vp/ use Amie.
>>
>>25619642

That's the worst fucking defense I've ever heard.
>>
>>25619676
I think it's cute. I don't use it much because I don't like the free criticals and dodges, though.
>>
>>25619610
>following pokemon
>not the worst
Other than that you're good
>>
>>25619642
Games don't need isolated features to be unique. They can do that of their own accord. Just having different environments by themselves used to be enough to set games apart. It might even still be true, I'm not sure.
>>
>>25619676

People sperg out about how they feel a connection with their "bros" and shit like that, and go apeshit for following pokemon, and that's just VP, a fraction of the autistic pokemon fanbase.

Of course we'll shove our 3DS up our asses at the mere idea of being able to feed and pet our pokemon.
>>
>>25617914

These ones I'll actually miss

The others, I wish they were still there, I had so much fun in the underground but now I'm a lonely autistic faggot so I have nobody to underground with
>>
>>25619720
>Games don't need isolated features to be unique

I didn't say they need them to be unique, I'm just trying to logically think about why they would remove features. The only possible reason is because they want certain features to be in certain games and only those certain games.
>>
>>25619690
Yeah I heard about all the advantages it gives liek higher chance at crits, more dodging, extra exp gain etc, but nah son, I can't be bring myself to use it in order to get all that cool sounding and most likely gamebreaking shit(free crits and dodges? whose idea was this?)
>>
>>25619747
>free crits and dodges? whose idea was this?

Probably one of the people on the team who remembers Pokemon is for children.
>>
>>25619745
And it's a stupid decision and will always be a stupid decision.
>>
>>25619747
Some bits of battle dialogue change too, which is cool. But I really feel like I'm cheating if I use it because of the criticals and dodging.
>>
>>25619597

either a Capcom or Gamefreak employee/shareholder.
>>
File: Located.jpg (297KB, 1109x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Located.jpg
297KB, 1109x1078px
>>25617988
>>25618043
>Have to make several sprites and animations for each of the 493 pokemon in the overworld in each direction
>Lazy
>Has many interactions that can change from pokemon, pokemon health, status, and area.
>Only 1-7 interactions

Both of you should kill yourselves.
>>
>>25619760
Anon we never got this shit when we were kids, are todays kids so bad at the game that they need to activate cheat mode to win?
>>
>>25619642

Games are unique enough because of THE FUCKING REGION and POKEMON SELECTION. Features that are well received shouldn't be removed.
>>
>>25619814
Well, when I was a kid, I had Pokemon Blue and it was really easy. I'd say definitely more so than X/Y. It was also much more simple in terms of mechanics. I think it's fine. It's not hurting anyone.
>>
What should bonding with pokemon do, then?
>>
The one thing I want back is Gen's 5 experience gain + Audino farm, that shit was baller. With Audino + Lucky Egg you could get a newly hatched Pokemon from level 1 to around level 40 by just KO'ing one of those level 64 Audino you could find in Pinwheel Forest in B2W2
>>
>>25619506
>Scenarios that are ridiculous even by pokemon standards
You do realize that pokemon is pure fantasy, right?
>>
File: 1446065997285.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446065997285.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>25617914
>IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>they bring back everything in the next games
>except the game corner because "muh gambling"
>>
>>25619730
>VP
Disgusting.
>>
No one's going to mention the "low health bee-doo bee-doo" music change that for some reason only lasted one gen?
>>
File: SHITPOSTING.gif (446KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOSTING.gif
446KB, 278x200px
>>25618022
>"I don't care about any of this"
>the post
>>
>>25619810
They were made for black and white for the dream world anon. They were just lazily added in hgss with a small amount of uncreative text that didn't really differentiate from each pokemon and rushed a feature.

It was lazy.

Also each pokemon has two frames of animation on the overworld.
>>
>>25619868
>Except game corner because muh gambling
Thanks europoors
>>
>>25619888
>I care way too much about things that honestly weren't that good
>the thread
>>
>>25619887
Eh, it was best but ruined a lot of other good music which is why making the beeping temporary is better.
>>
>>25619887
It was kind of neat at first but I just prefer the couple of beeps of the newer gens.
>>
>>25619923
>best
I need to stop with the sliding thing on my phone.
>>
>>25619887

I don't give a shit about that.
What I do miss is the hype as fuck remix of the main theme that played when the gym leader was down to their last pokemon. I'm furious that they cut that shit, and we just get that ultra generic techno beat for gym battles in X/Y.

It was probably the only good arrangement of the main theme since SSBM.
>>
>>25618022

>No, because there's way too many pokemon to be able to implement it. Having more pokemon is better than having a pokemon following you.
They had sprites for every single pokemon in gen 5.
>I already forgot what that is.
lol
>Again, so important I don't even remember it.
lol
>Good.
I agree. Fuck that noise.
>They were ok, but I won't miss them.
lol
>Eh.
lol
>Yeah, trading Magnemites all day was so much fun. And that wasn't even the tedious way to do it.
LOL
>Thank God.
lol
>More things I don't remember.
How do you not remember one of the best parts of HGSS?
>I can live without it.
Yeah, same.
>Don't care.
Yeah, same.
>Jumping to conclusions there, aren't we? If they take it out, they'll probably just replace it with another easy way to EV train. I doubt they'll go back to caveman times with this.
Don't speak so soon.
>They'll take out the whole game?
I think he means like the underwater shit in BW/2.
>More shit I don't care about.
Same
>You really are reminding me of a lot of things I don't give a shit about here.
Hey buddy fuck you. They're cool.
>Now you're just making shit up. That was never a thing.
Why lie?
>>
>>25620040
>They had sprites for every single pokemon in gen 5.
To be fair they were very basic sprites and had very limited animation.
It probably took a few days to make a lot of them which you can tell because those same sprites were used in Hgss.
>>
>>25617914

Of all the things to complain about, this is the one thing I never want to never be burdened with again.

shit following mons was annoying.
>>
>>25620092

That's all they ever were.
>>
>>25620114
Thing is we're on models now, people want a bit more out of them and I don't think it's in GF's best interests to model the pokemon again just for the overworld.
>>
So the second largest video game franchise can only operate on a budget of pennies.

Yeah, they just don't want to.
>>
>>25620201
>money is the only factor
>not time
>not overall quality
Look if you're going to shitpost at least try to make it believable.
>>
>>25620105

Why not both?
>>
File: Get a load of this fag.jpg (11KB, 200x167px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this fag.jpg
11KB, 200x167px
>>25619903
yeah i agree, people are caring too much about your shitty post
>>
>>25620260
You sure seem to do. Bringing it up again even though we weren't talking about it anymore, and all.
>>
>>25618324
>filters
>>
>>25619323
And that's where you fall apart. It's fine to have these opinions, but when you share them in a smug, self centered high and mighty way like >>25618022, you're not gonna get any sympathy in this thread.
>>
>>25620623
What's smug and self-centered about it? Not every opinion that is different from yours is a personal attack on you, you know.
>>
>>25620275
Werent talking about it? The entire thread is people telling the guy why the post is shit and the person sticking around enough to reply to every single one
>>
>>25620657
No, the thread is some guy giving his opinion, a bunch of people getting mad about it, then some guys who were arguing about whether pokemon are pets or not, then most people getting over the heathen who didn't care much for these gimmicks, and then you bringing it up again when we were discussing something different. Seriously, some guy doesn't agree. Get fucking over it.
>>
File: 1452992199361.png (487KB, 761x810px) Image search: [Google]
1452992199361.png
487KB, 761x810px
>>25617914

>I will never run around town with my favorite pokemon or interact with it like it's my partner again
>The song will never change depending on season or time of day
>I will never get to explore the whole new world of the underground. I will never discover fossils and stones. I will never set underground traps and be the next indiana jones.
>This will never be combined with the above ground secret bases with the unground ones. I will never have another secret base of operations
>I will never run a comfy mom and pop general store like at Mahogony town or Mt.Moon. Join avenue was close to being a pokemon merchant
>I will never run down a route with gba sounds or the radio on
>There will be no good minigames.

Why even rpg?
>>
Those of you who bitch and complain about all of the fun little immersive features like walking pokemon, why the fuck are you here?

Pokemon is a place of happiness and imagination, if you dont want your buddy to follow you around youre playing the wrong fucking game
>>
>>25617957
Gen 7 will introduce Ultra Training which streamlines the training process even quicker - John Gamefreak
>>
>>25619302

Did you learn this from your gender studies professor, by chance?
>>
Delete this
>>
>>25617914
Wow gamefreak what a bunch of lazy assholes.

They add always add new features, and leave previous features in the past to make the games separate from themselves.

Fucking lazy dickheads.
>>
>>25618009

shiny charm was introduced last gen and carried through into 6, so i don't know why they'd get rid of it.
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 143x162px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 143x162px
>memes will be back
>>
>>25618587
>Give me a comfy ass region with day/night music themes
This. I miss getting a whole new tune when visiting a Pokemon Center at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVEDEeK0Tv8
>>
>>25617914
It's for the best. I hated it when the gym leader theme was interrupted by the low life theme. Just have the low life beep match the tempo, you don't need an entire fucking song.
>>
>>25624412
...hullo?
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.