[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Dutch >find out Pokken Tournament is called Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: hejibits107.png (16KB, 247x209px) Image search: [Google]
hejibits107.png
16KB, 247x209px
>be Dutch
>find out Pokken Tournament is called Pokémon Tekken in Germany
>because pocken is the German word for smallpox
>Dutch word for smallpox is pokken
>literally spelled the same as the game
>still called Pokken Tournament here
>>
The Germans are major pussies about that type of shit anyway. Censor all kinds of blood, too.

And we swear with terrible diseases so nobody probably gave a fuck anyway
>>
File: 1457472375170.jpg (125KB, 625x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457472375170.jpg
125KB, 625x480px
hup holland hup!
>>
>>25617317
Don't be fucking retarded. That's not a matter of censorship, it's just a matter of marketing. And they happen to have made the right choice. They wouldn't call it "Small Pox Tournament" in English, regardless of whether there was an etymological reason for it. It sounds stupid n German so they changed it to a title that's just as direct in conveying meaning and without the unfortunate pun.
>>
>>25617886
>That's not a matter of censorship, it's just a matter of marketing.
Germany is the only reason why the game corner was taken out of Pokemon, because they censor gambling in games, and it was too much effort to make 2 separate versions of the game. If Germany is involved, 99% of the time, it's censorship.
>>
>>25617900
Regardless this is stupid language right in front of your eyes.
>>
Bumbadadadum more like BumbadadaDUMB am I right???
>>
>>25617274
eric
>>
>>25617900
those has absolutely nothing to do with this, are you retarded?
>>
>>25617900
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_controversy#Gambling
i think you're breaking germanys balls a little hard
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.