[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on a Pokemon game and wanted to ask y'all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: mainhouse.png (15KB, 509x381px) Image search: [Google]
mainhouse.png
15KB, 509x381px
I'm working on a Pokemon game and wanted to ask y'all for any ideas you want to see in it. I'm working in Pokemon Essentials and just started mapping.

I want to keep the plot simple, not a big "save the world" story. The region has Pokemon that have adapted new typings based on both natural and human causes, such as forest fires and hurricanes. Not any new fakemon, just retyped designs of existing pokemon with new movepools and abilities accordingly.

I want the world to be immersive. The happiness of pokemon will play a bigger role and new happiness items, plus new EV/IV items, can be bought from quaint bakeries and cafes. The HMs will be stronger, only 4 total, and have more usefulness.

So I would like to know what I can do to make the game immersive and appealing, and if the ideas I have so far seem optimal.
>>
File: Plotandmap.png (36KB, 619x535px) Image search: [Google]
Plotandmap.png
36KB, 619x535px
Here is some of the map ideas. Mind the typos, its mostly just notes for myself so I can keep track of stuff. I want each town to feel comfy and to have an appeal to come back, such as daily items given and unique shops. I want to do something like the bug-catching contest, but feel bad about copying it directly.
>>
File: 1458134823508.gif (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458134823508.gif
96KB, 480x480px
>>25609708

Here's a Pokemon plot idea I've had that I'll throw your way:

>you have an old neighbor
>says you look like her long lost love
>in the game you end up going back to the past via Dialga shit(easiest way to go about it)
>Get to play through the region in the past version
>Meet your rival, whose this upbeat chick
>In the end you have a teary goodbye and go back to the present
>reveal that chick is your old neighbor
>feels commence

Simple. Not to mention you can have the present region be playable as the after-game, with new Gyms that are way higher level, and a new and stronger Elite Four with maybe the same Champion but much older.

The original idea had an evil team, but I scrapped it in light of you not wanting that. It still works, generaly.

>not to mention the professor studied Pokemon Happiness.
>>
>>25609791
That's deep man. I really like the idea of a past and present playable world, surprised I haven't seen a plot like that before. Will keep this in mind.
>>
>>25609889

If I wasn't a lazy pleb, I'd learn how to make my own Pokemon game of sorts with it, but since I can't, I might as well share the idea.
>>
>>25609911
Have you dabbled in essentials at all? It's easier than I thought. You could possibly get the game idea going, it's def something I'd like to see.
>>
>>25610015

Never heard of it til now, but maybe I will check it out. Not much of an artist, but I would definitely want my own art. Biggest issue for me, but I'll see.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.