[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you battle against someone who does not subscribe to smogon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lW5j1ln.jpg (751KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lW5j1ln.jpg
751KB, 2100x1500px
How do you battle against someone who does not subscribe to smogon? I feel that I am good at the meta as it has been laid out by smogon but it doesn't seem to be the case against random people who don't follow suit.

I think the same mons and strategies get used so much that you only feel like you're any good because you know how to deal with them already. What if you were up against a good player who uses any mon and stat spread/move set they want?

Do you have teams that could win outside of the constraints of the tiers? Could you beat an ubers team without using ubers yourself?
>>
>>25608477
Which is why i think random is a beter gauge on how adaptive a player is. Note i said adaptive, not skilled.
>>
>>25608477
>Play AG
>git gud

You should take more in mind the strengths of your team than the rival's team.
>>
>>25608502
I don't see the difference. Care to explain?
>>
>>25608523
You could be skilled with mons you are familiar but fumble when dealt with a party you've never used before
>>
>>25608515
I feel like my team would always have to carry answers to:

Confusion/swagger
Paraflinch/hax
Stall
Setups
Screens
Perish trap
Substitutes
Weather
Primal Groundon
Mega ray
Trickroom

And many other things I can't recall at the time. How do you make a team that has an answer for everything at all times and allows you to adapt?
>>
>>25608477
You can use lower-tier Pokemon in higher tiers all you want. No one's stopping you. It's just not fun to fight ubers with regular Pokemon. It never has been. Certain Pokemon like Blissey are usable in ubers, but most OU Pokemon don't stand a chance.
>>
>>25608684
Right. But why isn't there to make it work? Why can't a karen fag do well against ubers?

And here's the hidden agenda behind my thread. I hate how unsuccessful I am witj my favorites against everyone's legendaries in randoms. I don't want to use OU and ubers anymore but I hate losing.
>>
>>25608713
>Why can't a karen fag do well against ubers?
You can. You just have to make a team with 5 viable mons and lug around the shitmon that you like

I've been doing this the past week and honestly, the smogon mons I've only been using to up my bro's usage are starting to grow on me
>>
>>25608477
>win a battle outside constraints of tiers
Most likely. Tiers don't matter, though, it's viability rankings. If you use Pokemon that are more viable and you have a better constructed team, you will win most of the time if you make good plays. Simple as that.

>non ubers win against users
Probably not against a well put together Ubers team. Obviously not against a shitty one.
>>
>>25608477
Just use the things smogon has banned.
>>
>>25608631
You don't, you just have a team that is the most consistent. You can't counter everything, so just go for the things that work most of the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.