[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /vp/ think of pokemon origins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: vlcsnap-2015-11-08-18h32m55s342.png (733KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-08-18h32m55s342.png
733KB, 1280x720px
what does /vp/ think of pokemon origins?
>>
>>24616850
Really good Charizard X trailer, but why have that long of a trailer for one Mega Evolution?
>>
It's not everyday we see a spin-off that is better than the actual series, this is one of those
>>
>>24616850
i dont care about it
>>
>>24616850
It's shit.
>>
I thought it was fun, not fantastic, but fun. I wish it was longer
>>
It's better than the Pokemon anime in every possible way but it's still not any good.
>>
It's great.

You people over exaggerate.
>>
>>24616856
why is your creepy ass digging in the archives? Nobody does that
>>
>>24616873
why?
>>
>>24616881
does most of /vp/ also hate the anime like this?
>>
>>24616876
This.
>>
>>24616892
I don't hate Origins. It's fun. It's just not something I'd call "good".

But most of vp DOES hate Origins.
>>
>>24616892
XY is well liked. BW is hated even more than Origins. The earlier series don't get that much discussion, really.
>>
>>24616911
I heard that XY is supposed to be good actually. I haven't watched any of the anime since Johto. Should I just jump in?
>>
>>24616850
5.9/10

would watch a full length series
>>
>>24616926
In short:
>Yes
>Start with Decolora Adventure episode 20, it's a prologue-of-sorts for XY
>the dub is a complete disaster these days, watch subs
>check the anime general for details >>24612070 It had a shitposter invasion recently, but it seems to have ended now.
>>
It's a badly written nostalgia cash-in/gen VI commercial.
>>
I forgot that series existed
>>
>>24616850
Every week a faggot has to make a clone of this thread "HEY GUYS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ORIGINS??"

And every time everybody gets worked up and the thread gets a lot of shit posts in few minutes/hours.
>>
>>24616943
From Decolora Adventure 20 and then onwards to XY? Will do, thanks anon
>>
>>24616971
Here's the viewing order pasta for newcomers:

http://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/#PocketMonstersXYSubbed

Airing/viewing order:
Best Wishes Decolora Adventure 20 (not XY, but it's recommended you watch this first, since XY1 has a lot of callbacks to dialogue from it)
XY0
XY1-11
Complete Overview! Pocket Monsters XY Special!!
XY12-21
Best Wishes Season 2 Decolora Adventure Special - Iris VS Ibuki! The Road to Dragon Master!!
The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I
XY22-34
Movie 17 Guide
Movie 17 Premiere Special with TV Special
XY Movie 1 Short
XY Movie 1
XY35-49
The Strongest Mega Evolution Act II
XY50-54
New Year's Eve 2014 Super Mega Special
XY55-64
The Strongest Mega Evolution Act III
XY65-78
Movie 18 OVA
XY79-81
Movie 18 Appear! Special
(XY Movie 2 Short and XY Movie 2 go here, but they're theater-only for now)
XY82-93
The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV
XY&Z1-2
>>
File: tr1.png (309KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tr1.png
309KB, 800x450px
>>24616976
thank you
>>
>>24616984
Also, it should probably be mentioned that XY0, the Complete Overview special and the Super Mega special are combined recap clipshows and sneak peaks of upcoming shit, and can be skipped if you want, though you do miss out on getting as hyped for the events they preview as they meant for you to be
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1366x1533px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1366x1533px
>Viridian City in episode 1 is the size of a real city
>Viridian City in episode 4 is the same size as in the games

Apparently the artists/animators can't even be consistent. Kek
>>
File: chsp.png (179KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
chsp.png
179KB, 500x266px
>>24617001
I will watch everything on that list, in order
>>
>>24617005
This could be just a corner of the city, that happens to be just like in the games :^)
>>
>>24617017
Also, this got cut off the pasta for some reason, but,
The six Hoopa's Appear! Operations specials aired alongside XY69-74

They're comedic and non-canon little shorts made as an XY movie 2 promo tie-in, all slightly under a minute long.
>>
>>24617031
Just leave the guy watch it, you're confusing him with superfluous details.
>>
>>24617050
Sorry
>>
>>24616850
Would work a lot better as 25 episode show, they rushed it too much. But those old style faces and eyes really pissed me off so I'm glad it was over soon.
>>
Also go back and watch AG and DP.
>>
>>24616850
It was too short, should have been a12 or 24 episode series.

Animation and QUALITY was also laughable at times, and decent otherwise. I still think the gsc was better.
>>
>>24616850
It's pretty bad. It's inconsistent, the animation isn't all that good if it's not the first or final episode, Charizard pandering to the max, disguised as a genwunner present to being a long trailer for Mega Zard X, pacing is abysmal, and the battles weren't good. It doesn't even portray Red as a character I want to root for, just a faggot that is pretty much every little kid that overleveled their starter.
>>
>>24616850
It was a nice refreshment for people tired of the Ashnime.
>>
Was only good because of the timing and length. Even then it was too short. Also I think personally that pokemon is weaker when it moves away from "sports" aspect. If it was made in 1998. It would seem pointless.
>>
File: 1368807947814.png (189KB, 700x229px) Image search: [Google]
1368807947814.png
189KB, 700x229px
>>24616876
Agreed. I actually got super hype when I saw the announcement because I thought it was going to be a 13, or even 26-episode series based on R/B/G with maybe a few bits from Yellow. In my head it ended with Red taking his position atop Mt. Silver and leading into a G/S/C/ sequel. Alas, 'twas not to be.
>>
>>24616850
Subs not dubs.
Cool and smart way to get older fans interested in XY; I bought a 2DS after watching it.
Just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again.
>>
>>24616976
wow they didn't translate the pokemon names?
>>
>>24618113
Not only would it create a ridiculous disconnect between what's being said and what you hear, most Pokemon/characters won't have non-Japanese names until quite a while after the series has started airing anyway.
>>
>>24616850
I think it was a wasted opportunity and didn't make good on the nostalgia it hyped. It had the potential to be really good if they'd done a full 13-26 episodes and shown us the whole Kanto journey as portrayed in the original games. Instead we got one gym battle and the rest were in montage, there was one really good episode focused on Lavender Town that was fucked up by them tossing a completely random and anachronistic megastone into the mix, and Team Rocket got to look really threatening for about five seconds until the montage of taking them down happened. The Mewtwo fight was awesome, but I wish it could have been done without the Mega that was totally out of place in an otherwise strictly gen 1 adaptation.

Had they gone 13-26 episodes and shown us all the gym battles, a few of the highlight moments like Silph Co. and Lavender Town, maybe Safari Zone, then had some of the Rocket battles with them actually being scary, like when Giovanni *blew up* the office in Silph Co. and had it all lead up to the climactic battle with Green, followed by the mission to catch Mewtwo as the final challenge then it could have been perfect, even ending on the note of "Now I gotta find Mew!" as a sort of upbeat, open ending. Instead I feel like I watched the beginning of the game and then someone fast forwarded through all the good stuff until the end so all we got were the badass final battles, without any of the trials along the way to make them meaningful.
>>
>>24616911
>>24616899

/vp/ does not hate Origins you tards, it was mostly a couple of horse-fuckers who'd came here to raid on it, like they do with every other media, including tcg, manga and spin-offs. It's not even enough to call it a circlejerk.

The actual anime is mostly agreed to be really bad, even when it's not AS bad.
>>
>>24618234
Ebin.
>>
>>24618234
>including tcg, manga and spin-offs

this. You can see by the speaking patterns it's not even people who use the game threads, at most a few serebiiforum-fags who the anime general may have atracted by accident.

Tho /vp/ always atracted brain dead children, that's why our cringe threads do not work anymore.
>>
>>24616949
So much this, poorly. I hoped for a real anime, or at least 20 episodes. And I get a fuckin ad.
>>
>>24618248
>serebiiforum-fags who the anime general may have atracted by accident.

Maybe it's /co/mblr. It is as fluffy and cartoony like a morning toddler anime can be
>>
>>24618248
Is that why this thread had 40+ posts of general agreement until one person showed up to go "ACTUALLY everyone but me are just lying crossboarders"?
>>
>>24616850
Would be better if it had more episodes

Also they could have used the girl as the bulbasaur trainer
>>
>>24618118
I see character names and pokémon nicknames. But there is no reason to not translate pokémon species today.
>>
>>24618869
They didn't start subbing today. Suddenly switching translation style entirely would be incredibly retarded, especially since everyone that has watched a Pokemon sub in their life know what they're getting.
It's also how subs for all other franchises where things have other names in English do it.
>>
>>24616850
>>24616976

Where are the Origins non shit subs?
>>
>>24618900
Here:
http://evetaku.com/blog/projects/pokemon-the-origin/
>>
>>24618887
Kind of disagree, if "things" have names they are usually translated, although often in a literal sense if no other option is there.
Do they call the Pokedex for the Pokedex, despite having a different name in Japanese? I see no difference there.
>>
>>24618913
>Do they call the Pokedex for the Pokedex, despite having a different name in Japanese?
No, Pokemon Zukan.
>>
>>24618913
In every gen other than gen 6, there WEREN'T non-English names to use until a good while after the anime series had started.
People that follow the anime in Japanese ARE used to the Japanese names.
>>
It's not great, but at least it's watchable unlike the ashnime. It would be better if there were more episodes.
>>
>>24616850
>Idiot boy wins Kanto league with overlevelled Charizard

At least it's accurate
>>
>>24618998
Isn't that how everyone played RBY the first time?
>>
>>24622372
I actually made a "balanced" team of shitmon
>Blastoise
>pidgeot
>graveller
>flareon
>pikachu (I was 6)
>articuno (I killed the other birds)
>>
File: Sandy REEEEE.jpg (25KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
Sandy REEEEE.jpg
25KB, 510x385px
>>24616850
In short, the writing was Black/White teir shit.
Every time I remember that Blastoise being taken down by Charizard makes me violently ill
>>
People think it'd be better when it'd be longer, but here's the thing. Assuming it's still the same but longer, it just meant Red power-leveled a single mon, occasionally throwing others a bone, while still acting a retarded idiot.

It's literally OS/BW Ash but with a double dose of stupidity.
>>
>>24616850
I watched part one but forgot to watch the rest.
I might pick up if I can be bothered.
>>
Shit, worse than the regular anime.
>>
What could have been a proper tribute to gen 1 ended up being just a trailer for gen 6.
>>
>>24616850
Watch the first episode and make up your own mind since it gives a fairly good impression on the rest of the series. Even then it's just 4 episodes, quite some people don't like the ending though.
I sometimes wonder how much bettersee; deader /vp/ would have been if there was a "no rec" rule like on /a/.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.