[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG General: Cubes Are Hard To Color

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 90

File: deckboxes.png (534KB, 617x442px) Image search: [Google]
deckboxes.png
534KB, 617x442px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

News/Legal List/Set scans/etc
>http://pokebeach.com/

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>unlock all locked cards in the three theme decks you're given at the start
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes a tradable pack
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>use the Trade section to trade the packs and chests for the shit you need
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ for a list of viable decks or ask here

Your physical cards probably aren't worth shit, but check sites like Trollandtoad, eBay and TCGplayer for the shinier ones to see if you can make a decent 5-10 bucks off them before you ask in the thread. We don't have the prices memorized for every single card.

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

Pack codes are worth about 15-30 cents while other codes are worth around a dollar or two.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Never post them as text, even if they're missing a letter/number
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered

ToTT: Did you get all the Breakthrough cards you wanted?
>>
File: 6BbH9wx.gif (736KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
6BbH9wx.gif
736KB, 600x338px
>>24608579

ToTT: As the guy who does the "quarterly 2 cases opening" schtick (except for Legendary Treasures since I bought 0 cases), I got everything BUT 0 FA Mewtwo Y EX when I opened 5 FA Mewtwo X EX I can't believe I might actually have to do this thing call "trading" now
>>
File: giphy.gif (588KB, 217x199px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
588KB, 217x199px
>>24608599
>Buying 2 cases of BREAKshit
>>
>>24608579
>Did you get all the Breakthrough cards you wanted?
Yeah, seeing as there were none.
>>
Posed this question before somewhere; for those of you that buy the cards, do you find any value in the Pokemon pins that are included in some of the bundle packs?

I find it interesting to see what people's opinions are on the pins. Personally speaking, I've been collecting cards since they first came out over here, and very rarely finish a set...i just like looking at the different ones, getting some of the ones I want and then moving on.

But when I took a good look at the pins, I realized how goddamn high quality they are. They're really legit things..not like garbage ones you might find from the dollar store. They're pretty comparable to Disney pins or the ones from the Hard Rock Cafe.

And it surprises me that you can get them for relatively cheap prices online and stuff too; usually around $3-$5 or so. Comparable pins like I mentioned run from $12-$15.

Is there any value in them for card collectors? Do you guys collect them? or ditch them on ebay and just buy the packs for the cards?
>>
>>24608579
ToTT yes I got 4 Jirachi

These little fuckers are awesome
>>
>>24608612

It is not like I don't sell whatever I don't need, if it isn't for MUH CHARIZARDS and Lysandre I'd be disgusted at myself for buying Flashfire too

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>24608643

I never seriously bothered with the pin blisters, but I keep the Team Aqua / Magma ones since I bought Double Crisis
>>
>>24608643
I love the pins. They don't sell for enough to bother with shipping and stuff, so nobody would actually sell them, I think. But I like 'em too much to ever sell them.
>>
>>24608579
>ToTT: Did you get all the Breakthrough cards you wanted?
nope, still hunting for 3 Zoroarks and 1 Zoroark Break

also Super Rods, why the fuck nobody ever wants to trade for them?
>>
>>24608683
What sort of zoroark variant are you going to run? Curious what people are doing with it.
>>
>>24608683

Just buy the ones from Noble Victories or Dragon Vault if you want Super Rod that badly (if you are talking about real cards)
>>
>>24608056
doesn't Kyogre EX snipe the bench or something? maybe he KOed some of your Eevees
>>
>>24608698
Lots of people have been having problems with theta stop pokemon giving extra prizes. It doesn't happen consistently tough.
>>
File: why.png (98KB, 851x279px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
98KB, 851x279px
Why the fuck do people even waste tokens on posting trades like these?
>>
>>24608714
Of course you would trade your Shaymins for Breakthrough packs, Octillery is the new king
>>
>>24608714
The ones that amaze me the most are the 'X is getting [100 different cards] X is giving [100 different cards]'
>>
Why are people hating on breakthrough

The mewtwo with the damage switch and the mega that's literally a better BW both seem pretty good, zoroarkbreak looks pretty good too and the art for breakchu is pretty
>>
>>24608845

As a set overall it is rather mediocre and having it being so huge due to it being a combined product of 2 smaller sets, 2 BREAK packs, useless padding (the commons from the Legendary Shine Collection or whatever that is called), and shit rares didn't help either
>>
File: thank you jirachi.jpg (1023KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
thank you jirachi.jpg
1023KB, 3264x2448px
>>24608579
ToTT: Went out today, nobody had any Sableye packs. I'm also the guy that pulled the 4 SR blue Mewtwos in TCGO.

Reverse Rainbow is my favorite since I love reverse energies.
>>
>Ran into 5 Suicune/Blastoise decks in a row now

Is some meme youtuber promoting the deck or what? Holy fuck.
>>
>>24608959
What set is that Houndoom EX out of?
>>
>>24609009
Same set as everything in that photo champ
>>
>>24608845
Ironically the Mewtwo you talk about isn't even that playable because there's nothing reliable for Psychic acceleration.

The Mega on other hand is probably the best Pokemon to come out of the set besides maybe Zoroark.
>>
>>24609013
>>24609013
Which is? Sorry man, I literally just started buying cards again a couple weeks ago after like a decade drought. The emblem in the corner doesn't match up with any of the ones I've got so I don't think I've seen that set yet.
>>
>>24609033
XY BREAKthrough, came out last week.
>>
>>24609038
thanks m8
>>
>>24608845
Good cards I've noticed so far are Zoroark, Gallade, Empoleon, Mewtwo Y, Houndoom/Mega Houndoom, and the reprinted trainers. Noivern Break, Sableye, Magnezone, Raikou and Xerneas have potential but probably will never be higher than low tier 2, save Sableye who's going to be required for all Mewtwo decks.
>>
>>24609048
>save Sableye who's going to be required for all Mewtwo decks.
no
>>
>>24609051
How else are you going to accelerate energy onto Mewtwo? Shit you could go all in with Trick Coin and Compressor to get 3 in a turn.
>>
>>24609059
Bronzong does it as an ability so you don't have to a.) waste your attack and b.) rely on coin flips or cram Trick Coin into the deck
>>
Which pokemon do you think pairs with assault vest the best? It's a good card, it just needs the right partner.
>>
>>24609163
None, it relies heavily on your opponent having special energy. There is no specific "right partner" for it, it'd be a good side if we had sides.
>>
So zoroark can copy ANY attack with Just 1 energy? Wouldn't sororal with perhaps benched megatars and bats be insane? 1 energy to one shot everything
>>
>>24609163
Aegislash EX
>>
>>24609183
>copy ANY attack
no

active
>>
>>24609183
>Need Zorua, Zoroark, Zoroark BREAK, Tyranitar-EX and M-Tyranitar EX, spirit link if you want to attack that turn

Seems kind of janky, but it could be potentially calamitous if you somehow got it to work.
>>
>>24609172

of the meta decks in standard and expanded, there are only a couple of them that don't use special energy

if there is a pokemon that doesn't benefit much from muscle band or spirit links, assault vest should be great

>>24609188

let's not be retarded
>>
>>24609183
Only the active, but yes, if you're playing against an energy intensive deck like Kyogre, Groudon, Tyranitar, Dragon Ray or Giratina it destroys them. Also lets you item lock Toad. It's fun to kill a Giratine with Chaos Wheel and their replacement can't play special energy.
>>
>>24609183
Zoroark-Break only copies the opponent's active pokemon's attacks. M-Gengar copies any of your opponent's pokemon's attacks. Mew-Ex lets you use any attack in play, but you need the energy. Zoroark and Gengar rely on their opponent having good attacks.
>>
>>24609198
>if there is a pokemon that doesn't benefit much from muscle band or spirit links

there's the problem
>>
>>24609206
Zoroark has Mind Jack as well to mediate that.
>>
>>24609192
>>24609200
>>24609206
Hm, is there a clever way to use him as a sort of bench super power then, probably not worth implementing him somehow in my tyranitar,

would breakchu and raikou work in a deck together. I really like the break in itself but it doesn't seem too good, raikou seems good and fun but I wanna use both of them
>>
good fire types when?
>>
>>24609347
Houndooms alright and the new fire energy is Perti decent
>>
Well, I decided to go over to Frank and Son's with a friend of mine and we both bought a box of BREAKthrough each and we pulled these...

Me
>SR Mewtwo-EX 163
>Mewtwo-EX 158
>Mewtwo-EX 62
>FA M Houndoom-EX
>Glalie-EX
>Houndoom-EX
>Raichu BREAK
>Florges BREAK
>Marowak BREAK

Friend
>SR Mewtwo-EX 164
>FA M Glalie-EX
>FA Giovanni's Scheme
>Mewtwo-EX 62
>M Glalie-EX
>M Houndoom-EX
>Chesnaught BREAK
>Noivern BREAK
>Zoroark BREAK

So, which one got the better box?
>>
>>24609398

you both got tricked hard

the entire set sucks senpai
>>
>>24609398
Friend and it's not even close.
>>
File: dropped the pizza.jpg (4KB, 118x123px) Image search: [Google]
dropped the pizza.jpg
4KB, 118x123px
>>24608643
>>24608658
>>24608665
If I could blame getting into the tcg (and a new rekindling of love for pkmn) it'd be the fucking pins.

They're legit gorgeous and I'd dare say I'm more excited to collect those than cards.
I have the Team Aqua and Primal Kyogre pins so far, which I keep on my patch vest.

The only bad thing I have to say about them is that the backings don't like to stay on.
I was at the card shop on Thursday and had I not saw the black rubber backing hit the table, I could have lost it due to not noticing it's dissappearence.

I'm debating on just getting a hot glue gun and using it to firmly secure the pin to my kutte. And since it's hot glue, I could just peel it off with a bit of work if I ever wanted to move the pins somewhere else.
>>
>>24608845
its one single retard shitposting
why are you giving his uneducated opinion weight it doesn't deserve
>>
File: PTCGOShilling.jpg (65KB, 877x463px) Image search: [Google]
PTCGOShilling.jpg
65KB, 877x463px
TPCi caught shilling.
>>
>>24609498
Complaining to the devs has never done anything. They don't have to answer to the community, they answer to the owners and they will lie through their teeth to those people to keep their jobs. You need to convince the people paying the bills, that things are going horribly wrong.
>>
>>24609409

Me
>$58.45 value

Friend
>$64.41

Eh... It's only a $10 difference.

Not to mention I snagged some stuff from PRs.

>>24609495

It's more than one, I've seen the unique poster count go up when the shitposting gets high.

Either way, we should just report it on sight. The "lol" poster may also be one of 'em.
>>
>>24608959
>I'm also the guy that pulled the 4 SR blue Mewtwos in TCGO.
Fug man, give me some of dat luck.

I went out weighting and did pull a single Mewtwo EX.
but I sadly got every other EX I didn't want.
>>
>>24609518
>things are going horribly wrong
haven't used TCGO since the update, what happened
>>
>>24609590
>New graphical overhaul.
>Slow as fuck unskippable animations.
>Cards flying all over the place makes shit even slower and hard to follow.
>Energy Cards, Tools and previous stages are no longer displayed in full view and you only get a tiny little icon for them.
>Damage counters are displayed upside down on the opponent's field. Can't see how much HP they have remaining unless you right click on them.
>Sharpedo-EX FA is completely broken and covers the whole field when played for some inexplicable reason.
>New coin flip covers the whole screen and is giving people headaches. Some guy even reported his kid had a seizure because of it.
>Theta Stop Pokemon are broken and if you KO one, you draw all of your remaining prizes.
>Literally everyone hates it but TPCi keeps shilling and telling us that we will come to like it and that there is nothing wrong.
>>
YES
BEAT THAT FAGS
>>
File: nice.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>24609646
forgot pic
>>
>>24609634
"we want the hearthstone audience"
-TPCI
>>
File: mewtwo.png (927KB, 1280x746px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.png
927KB, 1280x746px
>>24609649

Pulled this yesterday out of the 2nd pack I got from the trainer challenges.
>>
do BREAK pokemon count for the eeveelution Stage 1 boost?
>>
>>24609700
as far as I know, nope
>>
I need Fairy knockouts but I have no Eggs. What to do?
>>
>>24609526
>Reporting people for saying BREAKthrough is shit
You really should consider suicide senpai. BREAK is almost completely trash and a waste of time and money.
>>
File: 20151107_162425~2[1].jpg (980KB, 2432x1509px) Image search: [Google]
20151107_162425~2[1].jpg
980KB, 2432x1509px
>>24608959
>>24609563
Here were my pulls, got everything but Mewtwo.
>>
So what tier is metal.dek?
>>
Why is Zoroark so expensive? It's in a fucking theme deck.
>>
>>24610069
shit tier
>>
Opened a mere 9 packs today

>Gengar
>raikou
>2 breakchu
>FA red mewtwo
>NA mewtwo
>SR red mewtwo
>FA megaYtwo
>>
>>24609662
>not locked
>trainer challenge

Tell me more
>>
>>24610171
Forgot to say I also got FA Brigitte
>>
>>24610107
You mean 3 dollars? You pokebabbies need to learn your lesson on expensiveness, that's chickenscratch, be grateful.
>>
Have they fixed online yet? Should I attempt to play it right now?
>>
>>24610069

It's okay, the Zoroark from the most recent set and Float Stone's reprint helps it out a bit.

But to really bring it back, we need Max Potion back in the format.
>>
Opened an Ancient Origins pack, got a M-Sceptile EX. Is that a good card?
>>
>>24610557
lol
>>
>>24610557

It's alright
>>
Anyone else find the Damage Switch (or w/e it's called) Mewtwo EX annoying as fuck? You either OHKO or get keked to infinity.
>>
>>24610839

what?

the damages are swapped

you hit it once and it swaps the damage to you

you hit it again and it can't swap to you since both pokemon have the same damage on it
>>
>>24610865

It doesnt swap a second time, itKOS ou, then swaps the damage onto whatever comes out next.
>>
>>24610875

are you implying it gets two attacks in a row?

I don't get it
>>
I love how the blue Mewtwo is better with Y and the red one is better with X.
>>
File: myshiftry.png (593KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
myshiftry.png
593KB, 900x450px
After 2 months of unlimited shifty, is there a "best list" to use. Mine seems really inconsistent recently.
>>
You can't use Evosoda on your first turn even if you have Forest of the Giant Plants?
>>
>>24610940
The restriction on evosoda and rare candy override the stadium's effect.
>>
>>24610936
Have you run into a lot of wobbuffets recently?
>>
File: so.jpg (180KB, 1342x966px) Image search: [Google]
so.jpg
180KB, 1342x966px
who wins here?
>>
>>24610982
Check other latios FAs, you could flip it for a profit.
>>
>>24610982
Shit FAs are usually 2 packs.
>>
>>24610980
There's still more non-wobbufets/thetas than there are wobbuffets/thetas, so donk is still good. Just remember the enable speedhacks while donking. The goal is speed, and koing wobbuffets/primal groudons takes time and lets your opponent play the game, negating the effects of your speedhacks.
>>
>>24610994
>>24610990
yeah nothing really worth for it, thanks /vp/ this is the only boards that actually help clueless people
>>
>>24610982
you kno' wha'? YOU KNO' FUCKIN' WHA'?

IMMA GOIN' TO KEEL YOU
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 202x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 202x216px
>Scaling BREAKthrough at my local Target.
>A LOT of the packs are hitting my target weight.
>mfw

Something tells me I should rescale the remainder and I get the feeling it has to do with BREAKs taking up the RH slot.
>>
>>24611049
One store 29.5+ were holos.
Another 29.2.

Just get whatever is heaviest.
>>
>>24611063

That's what I'm planning on doing, I already hit a pack that's a whopping 29.32 grams.
>>
>>24611070
No, no, no, no. Buy the packs whose weigh is higher than 30g.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
>>24611074
>Tells me to go for the heaviest packs.
>Tells me NOT to buy the 29.32g pack.

So, which is it?
>>
>>24611110
29.5 - 30.2, dumbass. Go to another store or something baka.
>>
File: 1444342530824.png (1MB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444342530824.png
1MB, 1520x1080px
Do you have a stupid card shop you can abuse?

>Card shop prices non-MTG products as the price they see online when they receive it and leave it like that until it's sold
>See a shitload of PLAY call of legends energy in the 2 dollar box
>Get all of them and have ~50 dollars in profit
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>24611120

Well, I rescaled the remainder and nothing was in the range you're telling me to look so I'm going to chalk up the difference to climate. Not to mention that weights vary by region.

29.10s are on the left and 29.20s are on the right.
>>
Breakthrough has made a lot more fun decks than I expected. Mewtwo is pretty great.
>>
>>24611164
I know you're in the middle of something, but how do you scale without getting yelled at? I wanna start but I should know how to do it stealthily before I do.
>>
>>24611188
Nobody cares.
>>
>>24611191
This to be honest.
>>
>>24611188
>Grab some packs and put 'em in a basket, take a value product like an ETB or box to separate the basket into two sections (one with packs, one without)
>Go over to an empty aisle.
>scale the packs, hold onto ones in a good weight range and put the ones that aren't back into the basket.
>When you're done with that stack of packs, go back to the check stands or toy aisle and put the junk packs back.
>put a fresh stack of packs into the empty section.
>Rinse and repeat steps 2 & 3 until all areas are scaled.
>Rescale the remainder and put the lighter ones back.
>Put the value product back unless you plan on purchasing it.
>Buy the packs and if applicable, value products.

And there, you've successfully scaled your store.

But in the long run, >>24611188 has a point. The only folks that care are people that get pissed off by it, the security guards if they give a shit, and the vendors themselves on occasion.
>>
Pull rates on Breakthrough seem fucked, I've pulled 7 FAs and only 2 regular art EXs.
>>
File: ptcgo new font.jpg (275KB, 1286x746px) Image search: [Google]
ptcgo new font.jpg
275KB, 1286x746px
Besides the horrible bigger changes, why the fuck did they ruin even little things like these. It's on player names etc. as well.
>>
>>24611461
>canyouevenreadthis

Yes, I can. Don't be a faggot and enjoy the new content or go to play LOL TCG or something idk.
>>
Guys, what do you think about this deck?

>4 Cyndaquil
>2 Quilava
>4 BREAKhopes Thyphlosion
>4 Rare Candy
>4 Level Ball
>4 Ultra Ball
>2 Muscle Band
>36 Fire Energy
>>
>>24611590
Enjoy your Cyndaquil + 6 Fire start.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
It's time...
>>
>>24611692
I hope you get better pulls than my ETB. Fucking Gallade, Zoroark and three Parasects.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
First one is 29.27g/20.66g...

>>24611703

Agreed.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611720

Second one is 20.45g/20.83g.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611726

Third one is 29.31g/20.63g.
>>
>>24611477
kill yourself you fucking worthless update defender.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611747

Forth one is 29.22g/20.52g.
>>
>>24611748
>Waaaa I can't skip animations
>Waaaa I want my battles of 9 or less minutes
>Waaaa I want to reach the 2000 points in Vs Ladder.
>WaaaA WAAAAW WAAAAAA

Grow up, neckbeard. The kids LOVE that animations.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611767

Fifth one is 29.25g/20.64g.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611779

Sixth one is 29.31g/20.60g.
>>
>>24611779
Well that's the only good non full art ultra rare, so it was worth it.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611789

Seventh one is 29.30g/20.62g.
>>
>>24611768
Go play in traffic, shill.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611796

Eighth one is 29.22g/20.57g.

>>24611791

Seconded.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611809

Ninth one is 29.20g/20.49g.

Well, that makes two...
>>
>>24611809
Why is Spewpa so cute?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611825

Tenth one is 29.23g/20.59g.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611838

Eleventh one is 29.24g/20.55g.

>Wat.jpg

>>24611837

Because.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611850

Twelfth one is 29.18g/20.49g.

And all I can say is "why?"
>>
>>24611850
>>24611838
Poor Glalie is already at Thundurus prices.
>>
>>24611860

>Pulling 3 Glalie EXs

iamheretolaughatyou.jpg

>>24611863

It'd be truly over it it becomes cheaper than Florges BREAK
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611860

Thirteenth one is 29.24g/20.57g.

And then there are times when life kisses you on the lips and gives you a Handy J...
>>
I am trying to build a Typhosion deck.

Does anyone know of an article or example of well designed deck that can get a stage two pokemon out on turn 2 or 3 consistantly even with a heavy energy count? For the current standard format that is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>24611872
That's how I felt when I pulled SR Mewtwo out of a Hawlucha bundle, then pulled another in the next pack.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611872

Fourteenth one is at 29.32g/20.58g.

Looks like the ride's ending...
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611886

And here's the fifteenth and last one, coming in at 29.28g/20.60g.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS!
>>
And here's the tally...

>>24611907
>No SR Mewtwo-EX 163

Funny you should mention that, I traded for one at league today...
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>24611930

And I forgot the image...

I'm kind of shocked about the lack of BREAKs, but given their price I'm kind glad I didn't pull any...
>>
>>24611941

Well, BREAKs are basically treated like ACE SPEC as they occupy the reverse holo slot, so you won't be able to scale for them
>>
>>24611951

I don't know, I've gotten ACE SPECs from scaled packs before...
>>
God I love Skyla being back. So fucking sick of the last cards in my deck always being the stadiums or items I need.
>>
I had an idea.

We all hate the new PTCGO right? So why don't we start a group for one of the TCG sims like TCGone or LackyCCG?

Heck, why don't we take it a step further and make our own set of cards that are more balanced and more fun?
>>
File: 1308883827055.png (560KB, 888x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1308883827055.png
560KB, 888x1111px
>mfw playing the new Gallade

The draw control pleases the former Magic player in me so well. These set-ups with Giovanni and Scorched Earth are magical.
>>
>>24612011

I'd assume those packs' weight creep near the holo pack territory

>>24612268

How magical are we talking about? Does it involve the salt people have by calling you a sack when you are obviously not?
>>
>>24612184
I'm never touching TCGone again. The guy who runs it is a buffoon.
>>
File: 1413269823104.jpg (87KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1413269823104.jpg
87KB, 554x439px
>>24612184

>mfw I got used the new TCGO after a day

Yeah it's worse than it was but it's still better than any other option. Disabling animations will probably be back some day.
>>
>>24612300
Haven't gotten any of that yet, not with this deck. I did get called dirty playing Ace Trainer thrice.

I just really like setting up draw combos using Premonitions. That ability fixes fucking everything except a lone Miltank start.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
>Your opponent ran out of time.
>mfw I was the winner.

That what you get for stalling, you fucking prick.

And this was in a 6-ticket tournament, no less! The nerve of some people...
>>
What are some of the staple cards for a Fighting standard deck?

I've only got 1 Strong energy and 3 Korrinas so those are givens, but what other cards should I be chasing? I'm currently running some pretty unimpressive stuff like Barrage Medicham and Dugtrio, so Pokemon suggestions are welcome too.
>>
>>24612323
Why? What did he do?
>>
>>24612401

Luke EX

fighting sucks
>>
can anyone help me with a turbo ray deck? I can only find metal ray decklists
>>
I want to get into playing the physical game. And good sources for buying lots of useful common and uncommon staples.
>>
>>24612418
Troll&Toad, Ebay, Amazon...
>>
>finally get third Giratina, decide to try him out
>every game get statistically unlikely hands
>never go first to boot

Fuck decks that are pure luck in a game that actively works against you with rigged shuffling.
>>
File: esteban.jpg (54KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
esteban.jpg
54KB, 375x521px
>>24612438
>>
>>24612418
if you are from europe tcgmarket.eu is the best
>>
>>24612408
When they say fighting do the mean like all pokemon which the first symbol or all ones with a psychic weakness?
>>
File: 2LAZE2FAZE.png (4KB, 89x55px) Image search: [Google]
2LAZE2FAZE.png
4KB, 89x55px
How am I supposed to run Medicham now that Landorus-ex is gone? I can't deal with everything getting oneshot.

>>24611805
Whoosh
>>
>>24612401
Fighting Stadium will boost 90% of your attacks with no drawbacks

Muscle Band and Enhanced Hammer because they're searchable
>>
>>24612497
Yeah, I've got a playset of Bands and a singleton Stadium. I'm still in early days - I only just finished up all the trainer challenges.

I've only got one Hawlucha - it's made of paper but hits pretty disgustingly hard. Should I be aiming for 4 of them since EXs are so common in constructed?
>>
>win 40 packs of breakthrough with tickets left over
>spend 21 building decks
>no idea what to do with the rest

Post fun decks.
>>
>>24612551
See >>24611590
>>
>>24612534
Naw. From my experience, Hawlucha is a weightlifter in a land of giants. 60 base damage for 1 Energy would be great if you didn't have ways of dealing way more damage.

2 is enough. 3 if you have nothing better to run. 4 is too many and will lead to dead draws against non-EXes.
>>
File: DT DT JIGG JIGG, DT JGJGJG.png (17KB, 618x390px) Image search: [Google]
DT DT JIGG JIGG, DT JGJGJG.png
17KB, 618x390px
>>24612484
Fist symbol. You should care what's enhanced by Fighting Stadium and Machamp, not by what the video game says is Fighting-Type.
>>
>>24611590
>Lose coin flip
>You have no Basic Pokemon.
>kirito2002 played Trainer's Mail
>kirito2002 played Ultra Ball
>kirito2002 played Shaymin
>kirito2002 played Shaymin
>Your turn
>Deal 240 damage and knock out opposing EX for 2 Prizes
>Opponent's turn
>Disarms your entire field and hand
>Steamrolls the rest of the game
>>
File: 1444087273891.gif (2MB, 333x249px) Image search: [Google]
1444087273891.gif
2MB, 333x249px
>>24610039
How does it feel knowing that someone is pulling the Mewtwo EX you want, while you get crap.
>>
>>24612599
Torkoa really needs an evolution.
He's like the proto heatmor
>>
>>24612598

Unless you can somehow Rare Candy first turn that is not happening
>>
What happenes if you complete trainer challenge 100%? Like 5 star everything?
>>
>>24612551
You could try this, just built it.
You can Metal Links onto regice and then Second Coat once it becomes active.
Thought about having raichu in here.
>tfw no colress
>>
File: brozong-and-friends.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
brozong-and-friends.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>24612679
and forgot the pic
>>
>>
>>24612789
Where's that from?
>>
>>24612800
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/35430-new-ptcgo-update
>>
>>24612810
Oh boy...
>>
How am I supposed to beat Yveltal-EX.dec? Evil ball is some bullshit.
>>
>>24612822
Night March Joltik or a deck with AO Jolteon in the bench.
>>
>>24612789
that will pop their bubble won't it?
please...
>>
>>24612861

If my experience during the massive MTGO client update last year taught me anything, it's that devs will never change anything back because their egos are too big.
>>
File: 1442170488959.jpg (31KB, 410x308px) Image search: [Google]
1442170488959.jpg
31KB, 410x308px
Guys! Guys!
I know how to make the game faster.
>Trainer/Item
>Turbo Energizer
>Attach one energy from your hand to one of your Active Pokemon then flip a coin. If heads, draw 3 cards. If Tails, draw 1 card.
How broken?
>>
>>24612905

>item

The most broken card in the history of ever.
>>
>>24612908
Are we YGO fast yet?
>>
>>24612905
If we're going full retard sanic speed, why not just something like:
>Trainer/Support
>Both players take 3 Prize Cards.
>>
Guys beginner here. I'm amazed how good full art trainer cards look. But you need a score of 2000 per challange to get one. With my beginner golurk deck i came as far as900. But I'm hitting a wall now. Whats a easy to make strong deck that makes 2000 posibble? Also whats the best theme deck now?
>>
>>24612551
"Just fuck my hand up" Granbull
>>
>>24612923

>Whats a easy to make strong deck that makes 2000 posibble?
A meme deck like 4x Ampharos-EX and 56 energy

>Also whats the best theme deck now?
Dark Hammer
>>
File: Screenshot (11).png (894KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (11).png
894KB, 1366x768px
Apparently I'm level 25. But I'm not. Also apparently I have no challenges. But I should.

Wut?
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 540x540px
>>24612918
Make that a stadium card and we have a deal
>mfw 4 prizes for knocking out an EX
>>
File: chatot_eatshit.png (60KB, 133x190px) Image search: [Google]
chatot_eatshit.png
60KB, 133x190px
>last game in tourney
>playing against complete max rarity/SR mega fug
>check deck after
>only playing 2 ultra balls so as not to tarnish his full rarity deck
FREE PACKS
>>
>>24612936
Basic Red still shits on Dark Hammer from my experience. Havent tested Blue and Green yet.
>>
It appears they also made the daily challenges harder. I've never seen a 1000 dmg one before.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 442x650px
>>24612950
>mfw I pulled that Chatot from one of my tradeable packs last night
>>
>>24612951

Basic Red really, really misses Teammates and the second stadium to get Delphox up faster. Entei is nice though. The biggest reason to use Basic Red is that nobody uses Basic blue anymore.
>>
>>24612950
BT Chatot R is the ultimate meme card?
>>
>>24612955
They havent, the daily challanges get harder once you hit a certain level.

If you thought 12 knock out challenge was tedious wait till you're hit with 16 one.
>>
>>24612923
>Whats a easy to make strong deck that makes 2000 posibble?
I'd personally recommend Wobbuffet, but nightmarch is cheaper and faster.

>Also whats the best theme deck now?
Green. Now that the fastest accelerating deck is gone, and you're given card draw it's extremely easy to set up one of your insane stage 2s.
>>
>>24612963
definitely the most rage inducing
>>
File: gaymin.jpg (97KB, 890x616px) Image search: [Google]
gaymin.jpg
97KB, 890x616px
is it a good deal?
>>
>>24613003
Lol that's the trade I made some hours ago. Pls gimme.
>>
>>24613007
you dun goofd
>>
File: gallade.png (711KB, 955x572px) Image search: [Google]
gallade.png
711KB, 955x572px
I think this can be better, but I don't know where to start. Maybe it needs hand refresh supporters?
>>
>>24611941
Hah, I got better things from 5 unscaled packs

Well deserved desu you fucking faggot scaler
>>
>>24613057
remove steven, brigette, PCL, fisherman, tierno and aegislash

max out sycamore, vs seeker and ultra ball, add 3-4 shauna/birch, 1 hex maniac, super rod, and maybe 1 more switch
>>
File: thanks rng.jpg (237KB, 1265x712px) Image search: [Google]
thanks rng.jpg
237KB, 1265x712px
ten games in, and thanks to shit like this happening literally every match i barely made any progress with my 2 psychic challenges

its like the game knows i want to complete the challenge and purposefully fucks with me
>>
>>24613057
run two of kirlia so you don't win 100% of your games against item locks

-2 brigette
-1/2 miltank
-1 fisherman
-1/2 giovannis scheme
-steven
idk about tierno

+1 shaymin (hehe you are probably poor)
+ birches idk how many
+ 1 vs seeker
+ strong energy
+1 hex
+1 ultraball
+hawlucha would be good in this as alternate target for korinna
fan club is better in thist deck than brigette
consider a single skyla next to the korinnas as she also hits the stadium and other supporters
and she is an easy supporter you can play any turn for the extra damage
>>
>>24613091
*so you don't lose 100% of your games...
hahaha
>>
>>24613078
>>24613091
B-But I want to show everybody my FA Waifu ;_;:
>>
>>24612967
Got an example of a wobbufet and night march deck? Or anybody else for that matter :) will those decks allow me to reach 2000?
>>
>>24613128
:)
>>
Nothin wrong with the update, you're just whiny babies
>>
File: bait the movie.webm (184KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bait the movie.webm
184KB, 960x540px
>>24613134
>>
File: spooky surprise.png (15KB, 313x278px) Image search: [Google]
spooky surprise.png
15KB, 313x278px
>>
File: nightmeme.jpg (383KB, 1280x837px) Image search: [Google]
nightmeme.jpg
383KB, 1280x837px
>>24613128
standard nightmarch
pretty strong in my opinion
korinna and teammates are amazing in this
>>
File: wobbu list.jpg (268KB, 1029x653px) Image search: [Google]
wobbu list.jpg
268KB, 1029x653px
>>24613128
http://pastebin.com/3ApwWZkW
This is my list. Probably unoptimised since I haven't given a shit about improving it in a few hundred matches.
Gengar-ex are probably only two packs each, and you can replace the Shaymin-ex with stuff like hammer, ultra balls, etc. Battle Reporter is a tech choice to deal with Metagross scum, even though it's worse at that than Red Card or Judge.

>will those decks allow me to reach 2000?
Anything will if you spend enough time, but I've managed to maintain a pretty good winrate, and started a collection of dumbfucks playing Shaymin-ex into Wobbuffet.
>>
File: poorfag nightmarch.jpg (354KB, 1283x849px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag nightmarch.jpg
354KB, 1283x849px
>>24613188
>>24613128
and since you seem to be just starting here have a budget build that should be a little slower but should still work out.
just don't play your energy until you attack
you'll never need more than one turn to get ready to attack
(you can drop single fightings over two turns onto a marcher of course if you find the time)

>>24613198
the person who posted this is cute
CUTE
>>
Are there any top elec decks atm?

Was thinking a braichu mmanectric
>>
Thanks people for poating night march and wubbuet decks! I do got 1 shaymin ex (first pack the system gives you ever, so thata cool i guess). Will try wobbufet first sinxe i already gor a bumch required cards. Will also ty night march later!
>>
>Keep trying to win tournaments so I can get Gallade to use
>Keep losing because I only have 1 Gallade that is always prized
>>
>>24613215
Magnezone EX
>>
>>24613057
Why would this deck use fighting energy instead of steel energy? Even fairy energy makes more sense.
>>
>>24613215
m-manectric/filler
>>
So which Mewtwo-EX is the superior one? Raw damage and shield or psychic energy stacking and damage swapping?
>>
>>24613736
The red one
>>
>>24608579
This is a dumb question, but I don't play the TCG much so. Can you use energy cards from older sets, or do you have to use the ones in the current format. Because my deck uses water energies, and some of them are from Arctic Frost.
>>
>>24613899
Yeah you can use old energys.
For example you can use old potions , old ultraballs etc. , but you can't use the same card in another languaje in official tournaments , if you are from USA you cant' use japanese cards, this apply to japanese energies too
>>
>>24613913
Huh, neat.
>>
>>24608579
>ToTT: Did you get all the Breakthrough cards you wanted?
Pretty much, pic related.
Mega Mewtwo with fairy engine is a lot of fun, its like a better Mega Gardevoir.
>>
>>24613899
You can use any basic energy from any set, but not every special energy. Right now you can use the old double colorless and rainbow energies in standard.
>>
>>24612671
You get like five packs

I wouldn't recommend grinding for it, Ladder is worth more coins
>>
>>24613950
That applies to item cards too? Like Rare Candy and Ultraball that get reprints every now and then?
>>
>>24613968
correct
>>
How do we feel about TCG tubers? Like abluegolfball e DarkIntegralGaming?
>>
>>24613994
most of them are shit at the game
>>
>>24613994
The worst thing I can say about DIG is that sometimes the decks he makes are kind of shitty, and sometimes he makes bad plays. But considering how shitty most youtubers are, I still like him.
>>
>>24614011
I like to watch him because he is very charismatic
>>
I hate how chat no longer pops up on-screen so people can't tell they're being insulted
>>
>>24612822
Enhanced Hammer
>>
File: DedenneFuriousFists34.jpg (250KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
DedenneFuriousFists34.jpg
250KB, 600x831px
>>24612822
>>
>>24613994
Pooka was the only one that was good at the game, good at explaining shit and fun to watch. Once you've watched his stuff, you just can't watch anything else, the rest are shit.
>>
File: Super feels.jpg (108KB, 567x456px) Image search: [Google]
Super feels.jpg
108KB, 567x456px
>>24614243
And we will never have a video from him again.
>>
File: 1402962449099.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402962449099.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>24614243
>>24614296
Please come back Pooka.
>>
>>24614303
We need someone to fill the void.
Or, we could try to make someone....
>>
File: trainer's mail.png (991KB, 961x714px) Image search: [Google]
trainer's mail.png
991KB, 961x714px
What can I get for this?
>>
>>24614379
nvm tradelocked. I got 4 of them
>>
>>24608691
>>24608691
I'm not that anon, but I played against it on the PTCGO Standard tournament. They were playing it with Gengar and Malamar.
>>
>>24614317
I made the question because I'm thinking about do an youtube channel, but my mother language isn't English, besides being fluent at it, I would like to do ENG content but my country has such a minor number of haters...
>>
File: FocusBandNeoGenesis86.jpg (42KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
FocusBandNeoGenesis86.jpg
42KB, 300x423px
reprint when?
>>
>>24614574
What are the odds of a card this old being reprinted? I mean XY8 Dodrio looks a bit like the old Dodrio, but isn't a reprint
>>
I love how when you win a few games in a row the game will start giving you the shittiest possible starting hands. 3 Hoopa starts in a row, one with both Shaymin prized.
>>
>>24614574

not for a while

there is already a card in the format that does something similar and if you were to combine the two shit would be comical
>>
Holy shit, my opponents never have the advantage.

Bonus VS points for winstreaks when?
>>
>>24614860
What they need to do is drop the final reward of the ladder back down to 760, or whatever is was. matches take way too long now.
>>
>>24614898
I'd be all for that. Have the FA at the 780 point.

After that, just goodies for the few that sit through
these god awful animations. Make it endless if you
want, load it up with shitty chests or packs at milestones.
>>
>>24614860
Because all the good and serious players already quit the game and all you're left with is retarded 8 year olds who only play memedecks.
>>
Hey guys, Im new to the game. I just want to play the game semi competitively/collect most of the cards.

Is it a good investment buying a booster box every month for the next dew months to try and catch up with the XY cardpool?
>>
>>24615201
Buy flashfire packs
>>
I have been able to locate the file where the animations can be disabled. However, I can't manage to save the modified file.
I would really appreciate it if someone with more knowledge could help.
The file is named defaultClientOptions.txt and is saved in resources.assets .
I have tried two different programs to modify the .assets file, none worked (maybe because I'm running them through wine):
Unity Asset Editor
AssetsBundleExtractor
UnityAssetsExplorer
To disable animations, just change the desired values from true to false.

http://pastebin.com/dJ4rAwyC
>>
>>24615251
>three different programs*
>>
Wahh change is bad, SONCI'S ARM'S ARE NOT BLUE
This is what you autist's hating the new update sound like.
>>
File: 1397339982279.jpg (55KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397339982279.jpg
55KB, 720x720px
>>24615292
>he likes flashy animations and slow gameplay so he can actually figure out what is going on for a change.
please kill yourself
>>
>>24615251
Those are the settings that you could change in the previous client. Considering there's no option to change the settings after the update, chances are the new client doesn't even access that file.
>>
>>24615370
I also found the animations themselves (in .ani files), however I want to test with just the Options file first, because if it works it's much easier and straightforward to fix.
>>
File: uiWEQp2.png (751KB, 903x524px) Image search: [Google]
uiWEQp2.png
751KB, 903x524px
energy is 4-8 i have no money for more shaymins, but a few of just about every trainer. r8
>>
>>24608819
I figure that is a trader posting their wares. Hey guys, I have all these things - friend me and we'll talk kinda deal.
>>
I just had an idea. Why don't we make our own custom, high-quality TCG set? Like how /vp/ has been working on actual Pokemon games, why don't we do the same for the TCG?

We could do it fully crowdsourced, where everyone gets input and we vote on what effects cards have, and then we have artfags draw us some custom art for the cards. We could even design stuff like theme deck boxes (with deck lists) and pack art.

We could either go with real Pokemon, or we could use Pokemon from stuff like Sage or Clover. Why don't we do this?
>>
File: 001FoliatCard.jpg (233KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001FoliatCard.jpg
233KB, 857x1200px
>>24615909
I made some shitty half-assed mockups for some Pokemon Sage cards a while back. I wouldn't mind getting involved in this, but all I could really offer is ideas and maybe photoshop skills.

This wasn't made in photoshop though, I used a generator.
>>
File: GLORIOUS FLATWORM.gif (987KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS FLATWORM.gif
987KB, 250x188px
>>24615542
No one ever posts the cards I want. They're all junk Com and Unc from Roaring Skies.

I'd be willing to trade a pile of junk Rare mons for an Uncommon I actually want like Paint Roller, but no one ever posts trades that contain them. So I have to manually private-trade with everyone to check.
>>
>>24615501
Energy Retrieval if you're running that stadium. Run less of the special fire energy. More Sycamore. 2 Skyla should be fine. Most important is where are your VS Seekers?
>>
>>24615292
>comparing the removal of an option that sped up the game to a minor color change
>>
Trying the tcgo for the first time today, every time during the beginning of the tutorial right after the npc puts the steel energy on his eevee and it switches to my turn I crash every time. Any fixes for this?
>>
>>24613078
>>24613091
I really don't like playing with Sycamore in this deck. I end up with a really big hand due to the high supporter count, so I would much rather throw them back into the deck than toss them with Sycamore, especially if there are 4 copies.

Why is fan club better? Because it grabs Shaymin without playing it under item lock? I believe fan club is a lot better than Brigette overall, but I think Brigette is the better choice in stage 2 decks.

>>24613633
I like it with Scorched Earth. Now that I really think about energy choices, I could use fire instead for Blacksmith. I haven't ran into any problems with having a Shaymin or Aegislash stuck in the Active, so I haven't considered Fairy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Started playing TCGO a couple days ago (haven't played since the Game Boy games but I've been able to understand all the new stuff since then) and I'm not really sure how to level up my decks. I've been playing with the Basic Yellow deck in both the trainer challenge and against actual players but it's not leveling up any, but when I used the other three decks I noticed they leveled up.
>>
>>24616314
You were completing the tutorial quests before, so you received exp. Now you'll get your exp from daily quests, and the occasional special quest.

I don't think leveling those has any benefit, other than the coin, box, and sleeve for each respective type.
>>
>>24616347
Leveling up makes the coin rewards from daily challenges are higher and the choice between multiple challenges is good.
>>
basic yellow doesn't level up.

also it's bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (424KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424KB, 2048x1536px
This was from my weekly free pack today...

Damn it all...
>>
File: value.png (1MB, 1248x695px) Image search: [Google]
value.png
1MB, 1248x695px
Ok, I didn't see any good public trades and since the gold rush for BT packs seems to be over, I decided to finally open a few.
I have no idea what to do with this thing.
>>
File: another.png (998KB, 1190x696px) Image search: [Google]
another.png
998KB, 1190x696px
>>24616506
Also, I was feeling lucky opened another and well.....
>>
File: image.jpg (424KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424KB, 2048x1536px
Why is this a wheel prize...
>>
Look at it this way, it's an old card that most players don't have and will probably never have.
It is a nice little treat for collectors.

Besides it is FAR from the worst wheel prize we've had.
>>
File: colenergy.png (427KB, 960x361px) Image search: [Google]
colenergy.png
427KB, 960x361px
>tfw no reason to have col energies anymore

I might as well give these shits away
>>
>>24616795
You still get to show them off when you use professor's letter / energy retrieval.
>>
>>24615909
You know what? We totally should. That sounds fun.

What Pokemon would we include? Just some of our collective favorites?

I think we should also try and make sure that cards that are underrepresented get in as well, like the Alakazam, Kingler and Meganium lines.
>>
>>24616925
Is there a program for making Pokemon cards out there? I'm used to making Magic cards with Magic Set Editor, which has a Yugioh option, but no Pokemon TCG option.
>>
>>24616795
gib pls
>>
So are extended decks all shit without the Computer Search?
>>
>>24617139
No good ones.
>>
>>24617167

you could always use dowsing machine

it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be

for a long time it was the preferred ace spec

in fact, a couple of ace specs have been great niche choices

scramble switch especially - it can turn a game on it's head so fucking fast

but life dew, victory piece, g booster, scramble switch, and scoop up cyclone have been played at one point or another
>>
>>24615909
I'm just going to lay out a few things that I think need to be decided early on to make sure everyone's on the same page:
>Are the cards meant to interact with the current metagame or are they meant to be part of a stand-alone block?
>Which gimmicks (ex, traits, BREAK, Mega Evolution, ect) are going to be included?
>Which Pokemon are to be used?
>Guidelines for trainer card flow. For example, the BW sets made it a point to avoid item-based draw and some sets opt to greatly downplay certain categories of trainers (for example, HGSS through early BW had very few Stadium cards, while Ace Specs and TMs have seemingly disappeared completely)
>>
>>24617139
We could use Magic Set Editor if someone would be willing to make a decent template for it.

>>24617239
I think they should be standalone.

Gimmicks... eh... I'd say none of that.

Well like someone said before, I think we should focus on favorites among our group, as well as Pokemon that haven't had many cards.

Trainers I think should stick to the basics. Just have a handful of item and supporter cards, and maybe like 2 or 3 stadiums and tools.
>>
>>24617239

I think it's a lot easier to produce cards that are balanced in a vacuum rather than trying to add to an existing meta.

I'm also a sucker for MTG-style booster draft, so if the format supported that it would be cool.

I'd like a relatively non-gimmicky set. -EXes, yes. Megas, maybe, but no Breaks and no Omega/Alpha traits would be my preference.

We could do a Japanese-style big set if we want a larger Pokemon selection. It'd probably help if we're drafting, too, since you'd get less repeats, especially of higher rarities.

I haven't been playing long enough to make judgments as to trainer card flow, but it'd be cool if there wasn't a shitton of draw.
>>
File: cool box but bad cards.jpg (64KB, 233x482px) Image search: [Google]
cool box but bad cards.jpg
64KB, 233x482px
Is the DEX pack worth the miracle of winning 12 times with this atrocious deck?
>>
>>24617285
I think EX should be reserved for Legendary Pokemon, like what BW did. It helps make them feel special. They just need to be balanced a hell of a lot better than they normally are.

I also think that there's some potential in Ancient Traits to help make a lot of the NFE filler Pokemon more interesting. For example, Omega Barrage or Delta Plus Whismur is a lot more interesting than "* - Pound - 10, ** - Ram - 20" for a Pokemon whose sole purpose is to evolve, anyway.
>>
>>24617239
I've got another: What about Baby Pokemon? The things get a new mechanic every time they're introduced. Being that most babies haven't been seen in nearly a decade, they seem like something that should be re-introduced. The fossil mechanics are another thing to take into account. (individual fossils for each Pokemon? a single Mysterious Fossil like the early sets did? that weird-ass thing that BW did?)
>>
>>24617341
So we make the NFE Pokemon useful in some way.

Like give them a decent Ability or an attack that is, at least situationally, kind of useful. Like just as an example, let's say we have a Pikachu card.

[C] Call for Family

[L] Thunderwhatthefuckever - 10 - Flip for paralyze.

Just because it's a basic of a stage 1 or stage 2 doesn't mean it needs to be shit. We don't need to make shitty filler cards like TPCi does because nobody is actually pulling these out of packs.
>>
>>24617341
Agreed on both points, although I think there's space for a few -EXes elsewhere. It'd be nice if the 'best deck' in this format wasn't just a pile of Shaymin and Rayquaza though.
>>
File: eeek.jpg (49KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
eeek.jpg
49KB, 400x559px
>>24617372
eeeeeek flashbacks
>>
File: VullabyDarkExplorers73.jpg (211KB, 750x1044px) Image search: [Google]
VullabyDarkExplorers73.jpg
211KB, 750x1044px
>>24617383
I kind of liked the DEX Vullaby, it has a forced switch on its attack, which could be good or bad depending on if you're smart enough to know when to use it.
>>
>>24617372
Bonsly is actually one of the lowest printed Pokemon so I think he should be included, along with Sudowoodo.

As for how the Baby mechanic is done... how about this?

"If this Pokemon evolves into (x), that Pokemon has +30 HP."

Nothing special, but just a little incentive to get people to use the baby.

As for Fossils, I think the catch-all Mysterious Fossil would be best.
>>
>>24617407
I think that the fewest printed Pokemon lines (in relation to how old they are) are:
Abra
Chikorita
Krabby
Bonsly
Hoppip
Sunkern
Clamperl
Mantyke
>>
File: Roselia.jpg (259KB, 378x531px) Image search: [Google]
Roselia.jpg
259KB, 378x531px
>>24617407
I really liked how a few cards from gen 4 handled the baby mechanic.
>>
>>24617383

>Blame TPCi when it is the PCL (aka the idiots in Japan) that does all the game mechanic "designs"

Then again, I don't expect the Japanese to be able to design a properly balanced card game

>>24617434

>Bonsly
>Mantyke

Besides Japanese Promos that we never got, they only got printed once in the TCG proper
>>
File: mew prime.jpg (93KB, 558x800px) Image search: [Google]
mew prime.jpg
93KB, 558x800px
Were there any good primes?
>>
>>24617463
Yes. Donphan/Yanmega and Typhlosion saw loads of play. Blissey, too.
>>
>>24617463

Magnezone
>>
>>24617463
Prime was the stupidest thing that the game ever came up with. There wasn't even a mechanic attached, it was just a cheap excuse to make the good cards rarer.
>>
>>24617478

>Rarer
>5 Primes in every box in the HS block

I'd consider the early days of EX being re-introduced in the BW block worse with an average of 3 (2 regular, 1 Full Art) in every box
>>
My standard deck is garbage and there's no theme tournaments on right now - what should I do with my tickets, if anything?
>>
>>24617524
Save them. Alternatively, haggle your way to a night march deck and fuck everyone's shit.
>>
File: 1376108142166.gif (1MB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1376108142166.gif
1MB, 325x203px
>Xerosic
>hammer
>next turn
>vs seeker
>Xerosic
>hammer
>deck only has 10 energy in it

I'm so done
>>
>Leaving a tournament doesn't refund my tickets
>wakemeupinside.jpg
>>
>>24617570
No, wait, it does, I'm just retarded.
>>
>someone actually did it

absolute madman
>>
File: AlooDLP.jpg (74KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
AlooDLP.jpg
74KB, 704x960px
>>24617463
What are the worst EX card in the XY card series?
>>
File: fuck this shit.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
I played like a fucker today, some crazy shit happenned
1/3
>>
>>24617652

XY: Emogla
FLF: Magnezone
FFI: M Heracross
PHF: Florges
PRC: Trevenant
ROS: Thundurus
AOI: Kyurum
BRT: Glalie

This is obviously a subjective opinion
>>
>>24617662
>first tournament I won
>>
File: horeeshit.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
horeeshit.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>24617669
>Win tourney
>Promo Celeby
3/3

what should I do with this guy?
>>
File: atrocious.jpg (274KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
atrocious.jpg
274KB, 323x450px
>>24617663
>ROS
>Not Rayquaza

Shit nigga what are you doing
There's so many things wrong with this lump of fuck

>130 for 4
>Chance you can't even use it next turn
>Need two double dragons because it takes an extra lightning energy
>>
>>24617685

People actually use that in the Dragon Ascent M Rayquaza EX deck since you can use Turboblaze on it

>Implying people actually play that gimmicky ass deck
>>
>>24617663
Mega Glalie is far worse than Glalie. It's probably the worst Mega since Blastoise.
>>
Boy is Zapdos the most fucking miserable thing to fight in all of theme
>>
>>24617996

That deck is complete ass unless they go first and start with Zapdos and 3 energy in their opening hand.

If they do you're pretty fucked though.
>>
>>24617998
R N G
N
G
>>
>>24618005

>RNG in a game where literal coin flips are an integral part of the gameplay

shocking
>>
>>24617998
Fortunately/unfortunately, Storm Rider also has Ultra Ball and Skarmory for grabbing Zapdos
>>
File: 1443394809024.jpg (56KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1443394809024.jpg
56KB, 722x349px
>spend 30 tickets
>get 4 packs
>>
>>24615909
We totally should do this! We have enough artfags on /vp/ for it to work and we have PLENTY of ideafags. We could make this work for sure.
>>
>>24618271
u-use my moltres
>>
File: jeez.jpg (142KB, 911x701px) Image search: [Google]
jeez.jpg
142KB, 911x701px
Why is this energy so valuable? Is it the only version that can be foil or something?
>>
>>24618383
>>24618383
new thread

>>24618385
it's old, pretty and rare
>>
>>24616795
I'll trade you for the fighting ones. what are you looking for?
>>
>>24618385
That trade is a rip, too.

That DCE is worth 200 ROS.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.