[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't Millenials going to the movies anymore? http

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Cu1SQASWgAApAZe.jpg (68KB, 922x519px) Image search: [Google]
Cu1SQASWgAApAZe.jpg
68KB, 922x519px
Why aren't Millenials going to the movies anymore?
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/
>>
>>63275
Because they're garbage.
>>
File: H2CNzke.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H2CNzke.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>63275
>wanting to go to a noisy, crowded theater
>wanting someone to constantly kick the back of your seat
>wanting to be disturbed by lights from smartphones regularly going off
>wanting to hear people constantly text and chatter on their phones during the movie

Nah, movies fucking suck; I wait until the home video release.
>>
>>63289
I've gone to the theater several times and I never had any of those issues.
>>
>>63290
Do you live in the sticks? Or do you avoid high profile theaters that attract the high school and college crowds? I tend avoid the movies, especially really popular ones that serve as a frequent hangout for young people, but I found a really old, run down theater out in the boonies not too far from where I live that is generally pleasant to experience. Barely any teenagers and no noisy minorities.
>>
>>63275
>going to the movies anymore?

Who would want to? Expensive, crowded... sitting through a boring movie with a predictable plot and too many CGI effects. Summer is full of utter shit comic book movies.

The last time I saw a movie that genuinely entertained me was the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
>>
>>63275
>Why aren't Millenials going to the movies anymore?

Entertainment saturation is the *only* answer here. Not noise, distractions, expense, etc.

Why go to the theatre often when you can just entertain yourself on your PC/PS4/XBO with some long-lasting videogames, or just watch whatever is on your Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Video account, which is alot of content.
All of this adds tons of hours of content at the price of $60 for a videogame or less if you buy games that came out some time ago, or $10 a month for streaming services.

Even as a NEET right now I find no time in which I say I'm bored. I always have some way to entertain myself for cheap which doesnt require me driving someplace and paying $10 for a movie. Not that I dont mind driving and the price, it's just that I dont feel like it unless it's a movie I really want to watch right now.
>>
>>63275
because its cheaper to wait for the dvd
>>
I've heard some places have a singles rule so if you don't come with a partner you can't go inside.
If this is common in most big places I'd understand why there's a problem. I go to the movies alone, I don't want to talk about the movie, not in the break either, I want to enjoy it and digest it. If I am not allowed to go in without a partner of some sorts I think many people would stop going to the movies.

Due to this rule there's more people that chat during the movie, maybe even less people to tell them to shut the fuck up. I don't know but I believe there won't be any problem unless each theatre steps their game up and kick out the noisy retards and people behave themselves, lol.
>>
>>63275
I'm on vip, so you know I'm pretty rich.
The movies are too god damn expensive, mines wants £12+booking fee for a single adult ticket, and we have to smuggle in food because
>£5 for a drink
>£3 for a bag of sweets
>£8 for popcorn
Cinema's can get fucked.
>>
I'm not even a millennial and I don't go to the movies anymore, basically because >>64417 and >>63289

Matinees aren't as bad, they're cheaper and less crowded, but the snacks and drinks are still expensive as fuck. Also you can't pause it to go to the bathroom. You can use the runpee app and hope you get back in time, but it almost always takes longer to take a piss and come back than you think it will.
>>
>>64416
>I've heard some places have a singles rule so if you don't come with a partner you can't go inside.
The fuck is this? This is the first I've heard of this. Some places really don't allow paying customers to go inside if they are alone? Must be new; I used to go to matinees all the time alone when I was younger.
>>
>>64454
It's not true, it's a /tv/ meme.
>>
>>64454
>The fuck is this? This is the first I've heard of this. Some places really don't allow paying customers to go inside if they are alone?

Not since the Dark Knight Rises shooter. They made a policy that single people cannot enter the cinema to watch a movie by themselves, in fear of potential mass shooters. It's called the "No Singles Policy."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.