[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just once, I'd like to have a hobby that isn't ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1496966845567.gif (4MB, 387x283px) Image search: [Google]
1496966845567.gif
4MB, 387x283px
Just once, I'd like to have a hobby that isn't ruined by normalfag Americans. Is that so much to ask?
>>
Take up Cricket. As an American the game seems like a completely foreign kind of baseball with strange sounding rules and words. I have never attempted to learn the rules but that's because what I do know of it seems strange. Regardless I think it's a hobby safe from Americans like me. Good luck on your journey to finding the right hobby for you. I wish you all the best.
>>
>>63243
That's a good answer, but I was thinking more along the lines of something traditionally nerdy, i.e. video games, comic books, et cetera.
>>
>>63244
Probably not likely then. Americans are primarily taught to be consumers from a young age and entertainment mediums are our bread and butter for consumption besides actual bread and butter figuratively speaking. There are a few hobbies that are not mainstream like pen and paper role playing games for example but even this Americans in the hundreds of thousands still consume. A factor to this is try finding a hobby to do alone as social hobbies tend to be more popular.
>>
The amount of elitism in this thread is staggering
>>
I prefer hobbies that I can do alone or with well adjusted adults.
>>
>>63240
Hobo fighting
>>
>>63244
How about European comic books, like Valhalla? That comic is awesome!
>>
>>63240
What hobby did you enjoy that was recently ruined by us Burgers?
>>
>>63291
Western comic books, video games, and animation.
>>
>>63298
To be fair we either invented or popularized those things.
>>
>>63240
Take up healthy living and eating.
>>
File: smug bomber 4.jpg (17KB, 241x329px) Image search: [Google]
smug bomber 4.jpg
17KB, 241x329px
>>63445
Snap.
>>
>>63298
How? How did a group of people just "ruin" a hobby for you?
>>
So what happened to OP? He never answered my question and im legitimately asking
>>63506
>>
File: screw.jpg (151KB, 1035x1290px) Image search: [Google]
screw.jpg
151KB, 1035x1290px
>>63530
>>63506
Sorry anon, was waiting off a 24 hour ban. First off, let me preface this post by saying that I'm not American (I'm a leaf), so these are just my observations as an outsider.

My problem comes primarily from the culture around these forms of media, which eventually ends up influencing the media itself. I hate how every work has to line up with liberal American tastes: nothing can have any edge or bite, everything has to be safe and marketable to the mainstream. All cartoons look alike with that godawful ultra-round art style, all video games are either insufferably pretentious or presented ironically, every character is a snarky millenial 20- or 30-something. Niches aren't allowed to exist anymore. And that's fine and dandy if you guys want it that way - I just won't consume any of your media, and will look to other countries for entertainment. I pretty much have to anyways, because Canadian entertainment sucks and there's almost none of it.

But the problem is that I don't want you people influencing the media of other cultures, and I know that's exactly what a ton of you burgers want to do. I swear on my life, the second Americans start having any say in Japanese media is the second I stop indulging in it, because I look to other cultures to get away from the U.S. I know the response to that is "well I just look to all media to be entertained and I want it all to appeal exclusively to me, regardless of culture!", but I disagree rather strongly with that sentiment.

I dunno. Am I making any sense here? That's how I feel.
>>
>>63541
You sound very lazy and only go for the hobbies where you exert the least amount of effort, and only skim the surface at that.
>>
>>63541
>and I know that's exactly what a ton of you burgers want to do.
Only the upper echelons of the market want to sell to other countries to pad profit. The rest of us couldn't care less that China likes Transformers enough to make it more than a trilogy. What worries me as a compatriot enjoyer of Japanese media is the money going into production companies from the West like Netflix, Amazon, and somehow crunchyroll. Your fears of it changing the product resonate with me because I got into manga and anime because Western media seems too superficial to me. When anime is indistinguishable from cartoon network cartoons I'll take my exit from the scene.
>>
File: 1469810144816.png (304KB, 712x509px) Image search: [Google]
1469810144816.png
304KB, 712x509px
>>63553
I have other hobbies outside of entertainment, but I didn't mention them because they weren't relevant to the thread. Fancy that!

>>63554
>When anime is indistinguishable from cartoon network cartoons I'll take my exit from the scene.
You and me both, pal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.