[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been a part of any of the "movements"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 23

File: gamergate.jpg (85KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gamergate.jpg
85KB, 2000x1000px
Have you ever been a part of any of the "movements" started on 4chan?
>>
>>59249
Closest would be the Habbo Hotel raids. I think those were funner than the raids nowadays because unlike the current raids, Habbo Hotel and Second Life raids really had no agenda other than to cause chaos and humiliation. The current raids are completely politically motivated. Stealing Shia's flag would be funny if it wasn't a fact that /pol/ are huge Trump dick riders.

As for GamerGate, I was part of it if only as the "anti" side. It's not to say that I thought gamers should just swallow whatever journalists pumped out. I knew gaming journalists were agenda driven and cared very little about video games as a hobby.
But I also knew they were hemorrhaging readers as streaming and YouTube was steadily taking their viewership. GamerGate only gave them a resurgence of attention, and the reason why all the attacks against GG was so credible was because idiots like Ben Spurr already set the precedent with his own game featuring Anita Sarkissiean or whatever getting physically abused.
But they were so far deep up their own asses they refused to listen. Their form of "debate" was "if you disagree with me I win". As for the idiotic notion that if you ignore them they win, I tried over and over to show that they were already hemorrhaging viewers. They were too busy making video games the sole purpose of their existence though.
Credit given where it's due, GamerGate's early victories did make numerous gaming sites revise their ethics policies and disclosures. As for dangerhairs' games bombing, that was the matter of their games sucking dick, and evidence of how powerless the gaming blogs actually are.
>>
>GG
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>59249
Not that I can think of other than getting caught up in the shitstorm in the summer of 2009 or so when everyone who liked weird niche pages like "Brock Obama and Amabo Korb" on facebook so to speak was a complete asshole to each other. Whether or not it was related to 4chan, I don't really know but what I do know was that it was incredibly chaotic either way.
>>
File: notjustvideogames.png (42KB, 890x283px) Image search: [Google]
notjustvideogames.png
42KB, 890x283px
>>59249
If I was gullible enough to fall for this faggotry I'd kill myself out of embarrassment.
>>
File: 1493657705266.png (169KB, 660x488px) Image search: [Google]
1493657705266.png
169KB, 660x488px
>>59268
Can you disprove even one part of the screencap you posted? One single part? Or are you just going to act snide three years after the fact?
>>
File: theytargetedgamers.png (147KB, 1324x761px) Image search: [Google]
theytargetedgamers.png
147KB, 1324x761px
>>59271
You don't disprove autism, it's just something people have. It's not like you can disprove leukemia.
>>
File: 1493654755931.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493654755931.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>59289
So no, you can't, then. Well, thanks for the (You), at any rate.
>>
GamerGate made a mess of the internet for at least a year. Twitter became a battleground but because there was no point and everyone on both sides were pedantic losers it was just shitflinging. Hyper intensity hyperbolic to the extreme shitflinging. 8ch was raised out of obscurity only to become a /pol/ sekrit club. Go there and any board you go to with the exception of /leftypol/ is just a /pol/ flavored version of the subject. Internet Aristocrat blew up causing Jim to shut it down after he exited the movement. Now he's ebegging for patreon bux. Mundane Matt was a blip. Sargon of Akkad and Anita Sarkeesian were probably the only winners out of the whole thing after turning the suring up of sides into profitable figureheads. What feminists did for Sargon is only outweighed by the number of speaking bookings Anita got out of it. Zoey got a boob job and is doing what she did before which is sleeping around and doing a combination of virtue signaling and trolling for any bit of attention. The most disgustingly fascinating thing about both sides of the movement is how it carried over into the election. On the internet these people didn't go away. They just changed motives. You got the most corrupt candidate with years of experience being a horrific person versus someone that is now trying to run the most complex government to have ever existed like a private company with golf outings and these were the best that the two party system could conjure up. Both sides of GamerGate politicized behind the worst candidates I have ever seen in my living memory and became worse people for it. I wasn't a part of GamerGate but I watched it all happen and we are feeling the effects of it today and will for a long time. My only hope is that Hillary dies before trying another primary in 2020. That cunt would sacrifice her children and grandchildren to Moloch to get into the presidency.
>>
>>59293
>They just changed motives.

GamerGate was never not about bitching about women, gays, and minorities.

>the most corrupt candidate with years of experience being a horrific person

Is that the one with the phony university? Who paid off an attorney general to overlook his phony charity, the charity which serves no purpose to enrich himself? The one who denied housing to black people? The one who upon entering office created fake cabinet positions for his family members? Who confessed on tape not only to career sexual assault, but to entering the Miss Teen USA dressing rooms at his pleasure? The one who half-constructs buildings with Mafia concrete, then stiffs his contractors? That candidate? No, that's not the one? Then you can fuck off back to /r/sanders4president with your "middle of the road" horseshit.
>>
>>59294
Your intense amount of butthurt over your candidate losing to the man described is only beaten in my fascination by your inability to see Hillary as a terrible human being that should never gotten as far as she did. I chose a different middle of the road horseshit than you're assuming but you just keep trying to vilify anything that goes against your own self righteousness. I'm sure that will win friends and influence people instead of coming off as pathetic and whiny.
>>
>>59296
>but Hillary
I love the only defence is to deflect. Her scandals are not nearly as bad as Trump's. Closest was an imaginary cp ring.
>>
any of the 4chan "movements" have been gay as fuck and gayed up the whole website

shit like habbo, drawball, and gorgeous george, thats the good stuff, project chanology just gayed everything the fuck up.

we used to be the internet hate machine , now we are guy fucks mask wearing panzies

but i still frequent /i/ every now and again
>>
>>59301
>I love the only defence is to deflect.
This entire post is a deflection: >>59294.
So is this: >>59301
>>
File: 1477844714477.png (420KB, 609x623px) Image search: [Google]
1477844714477.png
420KB, 609x623px
>>59301
>Her scandals are not nearly as bad as Trump's.
Then why'd she lose?
>>
>>59304
Because rednecks in middle America would rather listen to a reality TV star and his Russian troll army than pick up an actual newspaper.
>>
File: gamergate[1].png (1MB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
gamergate[1].png
1MB, 1200x640px
https://youtu.be/6y8XgGhXkTQ

RetardGate in a nutshell. Also, Jontron's presence in this picture retroactively makes it 10x more hilarious.
>>
File: samus.png (311KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
samus.png
311KB, 357x368px
Regardless of what you thought of GamerGate, you can't deny that it won. Gaming journalism has never been less relevant and less profitable than it is now.
>>
File: 1486259316362.jpg (139KB, 1279x712px) Image search: [Google]
1486259316362.jpg
139KB, 1279x712px
>>59319
At least we're past the pretense that GG was ever about "ethics" or "reform" and you really just wanted to blow shit up so your tiny lives feel slightly more meaningful. Trumpkins are exactly the same.

Also, people still read gaming sites even if you don't.
>>
File: 1490531542914.png (331KB, 600x529px) Image search: [Google]
1490531542914.png
331KB, 600x529px
>>59329
>At least we're past the pretense that GG was ever about "ethics" or "reform" and you really just wanted to blow shit up so your tiny lives feel slightly more meaningful. Trumpkins are exactly the same.
And yet, both camps achieved all of their goals while their ideological opposition lost harder than anyone has in recent history. Sad!
>>
>>59301
>Her scandals are not nearly as bad as Trump's
what is trumps biggest scandal? was it "grab her by the pussy?" is it the whole russia thing? if so, then has anybody found any hard proof on it?
what was hillary's biggest scandal? was it looting the white house when bill was impeached? was it benghazi? was it emailgate? for the sake of argument, let's just focus on the election. was it the advance notice on debate questions? was it the actual rigging of the primary?
no, i disagree with you. nothing trump has done even comes close to some of hillary's lesser scandals.
>>
>>59359
>what is trumps biggest scandal?
He said some mean words on TV.
>>
File: VPeK4et.jpg (611KB, 1923x1554px) Image search: [Google]
VPeK4et.jpg
611KB, 1923x1554px
>>59359
>>59361
https://youtu.be/9v97xH6Bof0?t=6m18s

There you go, mate. And he didn't even mention the child rape thing. In the future, try reading sources besides Breitbart and Infowars.
>>
File: 1475717386710.png (218KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
1475717386710.png
218KB, 300x366px
>>59362
Well gee anon, you sure showed me with that comedian! And he made such eloquent points, too - every single one of them most certainly didn't boil down to "He said mean things on TV".

Oh, and
>And he didn't even mention the child rape thing
Those charges were dropped. Oops!
>>
File: 5rnuKYO.png (636KB, 981x700px) Image search: [Google]
5rnuKYO.png
636KB, 981x700px
>>59363
If you think promising to commit war crimes equates to "saying mean things" you are either stupid or lying.
>>
File: 1491487271218.png (710KB, 846x918px) Image search: [Google]
1491487271218.png
710KB, 846x918px
>>59366
And if you think saying mean things equates to war crimes, then it's in my best interests that you lost.
>>
>>59363
Trump U, paying off the AG, and the housing discrimination are all legit illegal.

And the plaintiff in the child rape case dropped the charges after being inundated with death threats from Trumps psycho fanboys.
>>
File: smug arbuckle.png (60KB, 518x519px) Image search: [Google]
smug arbuckle.png
60KB, 518x519px
>>59368
>>Trump U, paying off the AG, and the housing discrimination are all legit illegal.
Trump won/settled all of those cases.
>And the plaintiff in the child rape case dropped the charges after being inundated with death threats from Trumps psycho fanboys.
What, and no Russian hackers? Man, what is Putin paying those guys for?
>>
>>59369
>Trump *settled* all of those cases.

Wow. In red states does paying people to drop charges make you less crooked and eliminate scandal? No wonder your shit is so fucked up.
>>
>>59370
>>59370
>In red states does paying people to drop charges make you less crooked and eliminate scandal?
Yeah, it's kind of like everywhere else in that respect.
>>
>>59367
I bet you vote based on who has the best zingers.
>>
File: 1489759579648.jpg (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489759579648.jpg
11KB, 256x256px
>>59373
I bet you voted for the chick who lost.
>>
>>59375
ZING!
>>
>>59373
i bet you voted based on your feelings.
>>
>>59378
バジが啊
>>
>>59381
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/politics/70-nobel-laureates-endorse-hillary-clinton.html

>A group of the world’s leading experts in science, medicine and economics threw their support behind Hillary Clinton on Tuesday

Additionally, fear, paranoia, and hatred are all feelings, dumpkin.
>>
I helped Florida fuck Clinton's ass. Also if any PA posters here, thank you too.
>>
>>59384
>>>A group of the world’s leading experts in science, medicine and economics threw their support behind Hillary Clinton on Tuesday
I'll bet they threw a little something else behind Clinton, too. Ka-ching!
>>
File: 1483804062377.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483804062377.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>Your shit candidate is worse than your shit candidate.
>No, YOUR shit candidate is worse than your shit candidate.
>Nuh-huh.
>Yuh-huh.
>NUH-HUH.
>YUH-HUH.
>le_reddit_frog.jpg
>twitter_screencap.png
>image.jpg

Can we please go back to the topic at hand.

inb4 someone replies with that "I'm so intelligent I didn't vote for anyone" strawman comic
>>
File: cen2.jpg (49KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
cen2.jpg
49KB, 480x371px
>>59390
Gotcha covered. Now all we need is for someone to make a smug greentext reply to this comic and the mods can finally put a bullet in this thread's frontal lobe.
>>
>>59384
i don't know what's more sad. the fact that you keep replying, or the fact that i do.
>>
>>59391
>mods
>on /vip/

This board is a paywalled wasteland m8
>>
File: 1466618054626.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1466618054626.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>59390
>Your shit candidate is worse than your
worse than my*
>>
File: CO.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CO.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>59409
i like the board. it's fun. its a small "cool kids club"
>>
File: 1466134210409.jpg (454KB, 1016x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1466134210409.jpg
454KB, 1016x1016px
>>59249
Gamergate was fun as fuck kek. I was there from day 1 to when it got banned, I am not really a /v/tard so that sounds cancerous but it was like a fun gathering of all the boards. I was also on wizardchan earlier so for me it was personal.

I took part in a couple of habbo raids, but I didn't really start using 4chan actively until 11/12 so I only remember recent stuff in great detail.
>>
>>59293
>Sargon of Akkad and Anita Sarkeesian were probably the only winners out of the whole thing after turning the suring up of sides into profitable figureheads
Who is Milo Yiannopoulos?
>>
File: 1451835476128[1].png (206KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451835476128[1].png
206KB, 544x400px
>>59408
>>
>>59443
>Milo "making fun of trannies" pedopolize
>>
>>59443
I suppose that pedophilia advocate benefited off of GG, but he got fucked pretty hard in the end.
>>
>>59450
He's gonna be back in the news tomorrow. Berkeley shit.
>>
>promises to drain swamp
>cabinet is nothing but billionaire ceos
>constantly plugs daughter's products using US agencies
>refuses to give up assets to blind trust
>frequent trips to his private island golf course paid by the US taxpayer
I'm sure there's more to list about our honest, hardworking President to list. I am glad Trump won, there is no way Hillary could ever show this sheer amount of competence like President Donald Trump.
>>59390
>here's a thread I don't like
>I must post in it
>even though I am not required to
>even though I am not even required to look at
Hide the thread. You can even hide it for good on 4chan X by opening the drop down menu and selecting "Hide Thread Stub".
>>
>>59473
>here's a thread I don't like
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>59249
i dug through the podesta emails hella

i'm 90% sure i was the one who found "pizza-related handkerchief" because i saw my screenshot posted in every pizza thread in the following days, and weeks later on reddit

feels good
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.