[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit? http://observer.com/2017/04/why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 4chan1.jpg (72KB, 468x603px) Image search: [Google]
4chan1.jpg
72KB, 468x603px
What the fuck is this shit?

http://observer.com/2017/04/why-4chan-isnt-buying-what-bill-nye-and-political-entertainers-are-selling/amp/

>by Jay Irwin
>Jay Irwin is a 4chan moderator and ad-tech professional.
>>
File: thumbsup.png (709KB, 994x924px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.png
709KB, 994x924px
Not a bad article. What leftists don't seem to understand is that condescension doesn't win people over, and that, big shocker, conservatives are people too, with their own opinions that aren't any less valid than anyone else's.
>>
>>58785
Ironic.
>>
>>58787
I was actually going to include a line in my original post saying something like "I know this sounds ironic, but there's a reason so many liberals became conservative in the past half-decade or so", but I forgot to.
>>
>>58784
Meh.
>>
>>58784
pretty good article. i had a lot more respect for nye before reading it though.
>>
>>58784
I don't see what's wrong with the article. It's an observation, not an opinion piece. The only question is why the article exists and who it is intended for.

And if you're butthurt about swaglord being public about being a mod you're several years too late.
>>
Bill Nye is an SJW cuck who isn't even a real science bitch.
>>
>>58784
>he writes for free
>>58785
The condescension argument is a meme. So many years I've had to listen to Republicans go on about how they're "real Americans" because they live in a rural area, or that they are the only arbiters of moral goodness because "muh Christian Protestant denomination". You think that isn't just as irritating to hear as the left saying the right is backwards or stupid?
>so many liberals became conservative
And your proof?
>>
File: 1111.png (6KB, 360x151px) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
6KB, 360x151px
Modcat was fired for less than this. Fuck swaglord and anyone defending him.
>>
>>58883
>And your proof?
Just look at the sharp decrease in Democrat turnout coupled with Trump gaining more Republican votes than any other candidate ever had.
>>
>>58886
If we're talking about turnout, then Clinton did better with 3 million more votes. She just had turnout in the wrong places. She only had 100k less votes than Obama in 2012.

Both candidates were wildly unpopular though so turnout was slightly down overall, especially down compared to 2008.
>>
>>58784
I think it's in the rules for moderators not to publicly display they are mods.
Also, the author of the article only wrote one single article, so it may not be the real Jay Irwin, idk how the observer moderate users.
>>
>ad-tech

HMMMMM
>>
File: 1489627246778.png (213KB, 415x477px) Image search: [Google]
1489627246778.png
213KB, 415x477px
>>58883
Yeah, it must be tough to see all that conservative media on television and the internet. It must be real tough to have literally all of the western entertainment industry condescend to liberals, and for celebrities to have their characters immediately assassinated because they publicly express liberal viewpoints.

Oh wait.
>>
>>58903
Then Hiro should state that he doesn't speak for the board, but he won't because he doesn't care.
>>
>Jay Irwin is a 4chan moderator and ad-tech professional.

Not that I disagree with his article, but why is this allowed now, mods and janitors have been banned for far more trivial shit than this in the past.
>>
File: swaglord.png (288KB, 1200x588px) Image search: [Google]
swaglord.png
288KB, 1200x588px
>>58937
Because hiro only gives a shit about the site when it's time to check his account balance, so the rest of the time niggers like jay and rapeape run the site.

This explains a lot about the firing of modcat. What he did was indeed wrong, but I don't think he deserved to get axed for it, so this reveals that the mod(s) who took that decision are a bunch of partisan hipocrites (And probably make some profit doing that, pic related). And even if he deserved it, it's kind of a moot point, because shouldn't we apply the same standards of conduct to all mods and janitors?
>>
File: 1492379976222.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1492379976222.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
>>58784
The point of mods being anonymous is so they don't circlejerk with each other, not media anonymity. I just made that up, but that's how I judge it.
>>
>>58884
this.
>>
>>58784
Not bad op-ed. Fueling the "Right/Left" polarization is increasingly dangerous, as the camps forming are losing the will, and even the ability, to communicate. Bill Nye et al aren't communicating with those they disagree; they're deriding them. When there's frustration, anger, rapid polarization, and then dialog breaks down, the next step is violence.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>58788
Sure you did.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.