[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our brain is designed to adapt its cortical networks to the environment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: untitled.jpg (86KB, 728x519px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
86KB, 728x519px
Our brain is designed to adapt its cortical networks to the environment in which it lives (e.g., to master the local language). A socially interactive environment that stimulates curiosity and exploration enhances the development of an effective brain. Thus, excessive childhood involvement with electronic media that limit social interaction could hinder the development of a brain's social systems. Conversely, denying a child easy and extensive exploration of electronic technology helps to create an electronically hampered adult in an increasingly electronic culture. Surfing on TV, video, the Internet, and anything else that's electronic is the screenagers version of how to drive a car by first successfully mastering a tricycle/wagon/bicycle.
>>
>>58595

so we're damned if we do and damned if we don't
>>
What I lose in social interaction skills I make up for in hand eye coordination. I don't need to be social to rape and pillage like a Viking.
>>
File: timmyb.jpg (13KB, 310x302px) Image search: [Google]
timmyb.jpg
13KB, 310x302px
>>58595
Just do a bit of both, senpai.
>>
>>58595
>electronic media that limit social interaction
A lot of games, and apps on phones are social by being online though.
>>
>>58595
once again, it all comes down to parenting. if you let your kid be raised by the screen, they'll fail. you have to be present to teach them critical life lessons at the right times.
>>
>>60624
>A lot of games, and apps on phones are social by being online though.
that may be true but it doesn't disprove that they limit social interaction. take a simple game like rocket league for example. it's way more socially limiting than hanging out with your buds and actually playing soccer (sure, football, whatever). your interaction is with the screen and buttons rather than an actual human being. it also slows down the thought process because the chat is text based. more time to think of a response. the centers of the brain that take over during social situations are basically running on idle because electronic media is like easy mode to them.
>>
>>60626
Yes, one of the least social games is not social. Thanks captain obvious.
>>
File: 1478795633843.jpg (259KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478795633843.jpg
259KB, 1280x960px
>>58666
that's good input satan
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.