[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to get into the Star Fox series, but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

I'd like to get into the Star Fox series, but I don't know what game to start at. I've heard 64 is basically an expanded version of the SNES original, so should I just skip to that instead?

Also, general opinions on he series?
>>
File: N64-Console-Set.png (515KB, 1200x646px) Image search: [Google]
N64-Console-Set.png
515KB, 1200x646px
Starfox 64 is objectively the best game in the series but Assault is pretty fun as well.

>>58451
Embarrassing faggot.
>>
>>58409
64 is the only game in the series
>>
File: 50cf6b534928a819ca49ca16072f2132.jpg (461KB, 1358x1920px) Image search: [Google]
50cf6b534928a819ca49ca16072f2132.jpg
461KB, 1358x1920px
>>58409
The SNES and N64 versions are both really good. Can't speak on anything past those. It is true the N64 took everything great about the original and amplified it. If memory serves me right, the N64 version was really just a copy of the cancelled StarFox 2 sequel that was supposed to be released on the SNES but ended up getting cancelled, so that might be why it feels like a better game.

The SNES one is very basic in terms of features and controls and would probably feel very dated by today's standards. Every stage is an arwing stage whereas the N64 is more varied and holds up better in my opinion. In addition to the arwing, it has submarine and ground tank stages; ultimately everything controls the same in that you autoadvance forward and shoot down enemies but there's slight differences between the vehicle that kinda gives each a unique feel.

The SNES map has three different paths you can take to get to the final stage/boss but every path is linear and basically boils down to easy, normal, and hard mode, whereas the N64 map is more intertwined and you can pick your own route as you go along; a lot of stages have hidden exits you can activate to cause you to skip over and cross into other paths leading to the final stage/boss.

Never played Assault, Armada, or Zero; can't comment on those. But stay away from Adventures for the GameCube.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.