[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come all forms of entertainment are casualized, lowest-common

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
hqdefault.jpg
1B, 486x500px
How come all forms of entertainment are casualized, lowest-common denominator, greed-fueled, anti-consumer dogshit these days?
>>
File: 1484619327897.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484619327897.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>52238
Jews.
>>
>>52238
Money
and Jews
>>
>>52238
The more people a product appeals to, the more people will buy that product and thus the more money the creator will earn. That isn't to say there aren't creators out there who are willing to create higher quality content, but good luck finding a publisher/producer willing to fund it. Hence why there are extremely few deep movies/TV series being created compared to, for instance, novels - they are more expensive to make and so harder to self-publish and those producers that do make them are desperate to make a profit. In other words, I agree with the above posters in blaming Jews.
>>
File: 1462619901630.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1462619901630.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Japanese media (anime, manga, games, music, etc.) is still very good, but that's because it's made to appeal exclusively to enthusiasts and non-American ones at that.

Hitting the mainstream in the US absolutely destroys any sense of uniqueness because Americans need everything watered-down and digestible to their tastes (this is a documented fact).
>>
>>52271
Oh, and Jews. Oy vey!
>>
>>52267
>>52271
So specialized markets are more likely to be enjoyable if they cater to your interests even at the cost of wide appeal. Fur Affinity for example. I blame the bronies.
>>
>>52275
>So specialized markets are more likely to be enjoyable if they cater to your interests even at the cost of wide appeal.
Basically this.
>>
I bet you're one of those faggots that listens to dad-rock exclusively, and believe the only "real" music was made in the 60s/70s.
>>
File: 1484771532345.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484771532345.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>52299
Do people really do this?
There is so much good music post 2000's, you just have to dig a little to find your niche tastes.
>>
File: Stupid People.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Stupid People.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>52238
Because that's how you ensure maximum profits. Stupid people can be sold just about anything, even if they can't afford it, don't need it, or don't even like it. By watering down and spoondfeeding to the absolute lowest common denominator, you're essentially guaranteed to reach out to not only your target audience a profit from them (A portion of which might resent you for it) but whole other markets of stupid people as well, anything of which is just extra profits.
>>
>>52238
Why is vanilla ice cream so popular? If it's nonoffensive in every way then everyone will find it at least tolerable.
>>
>>52322
Vanilla ice cream tastes great, though.
>>
>>52300
I used to until I really went and listened to music on my own not much more than about 3-4 years ago.
>>
File: 030.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
030.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>52332
cringe.jpg
>>
>>52346
Yeah, it was very cringy indeed. Now, I listen to a lot of vaporwave unironically among other things so it might still be extremely cringy anyways.
>>
File: 095.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
095.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>52368
Eh, i listen to vaporwave and simpson wave.
Care to share any good 30min + youtubes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1jDR_DMhM
>>
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.