[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How comfy is your job? I work in a theater, and right now I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: jazzchurch.s460x460.jpg (16KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
jazzchurch.s460x460.jpg
16KB, 460x305px
How comfy is your job? I work in a theater, and right now I'm posting on 4chan while listening to a high school jazz band. This is my whole day. It's fantastic.
>>
I'm a lawyer. Small private practice in the countryside. It's stressful when there's court stuff but most of what we do is really routine legal work like wills and property and a bit of family law. I don't earn what they do in big cities but it's worth it for the nice comfy pace of living.
>>
>>51224

I clean my house, go to the market, empty the cat boxes. Try and make ends meet. Maybe do some dusting and vacuuming. Fill and run the dishwasher.
>>
Night shift CNA. I spend the first four hours getting grannies and grampies ready for bed then the rest of the night answering the occasional call light, doing some odd jobs and rounds every few hours. It's not bad. Good pay and I'm off most of the week. I spend a lot of the night on here since they sleep pretty well. I'm in a rehab facility, so my number of dementia patients is thankfully very low right now.
>>
>>51224
I liked it better when I could post from the theater. In the film days, projectionists stayed upstairs in the booth for the full shift and you could wear whatever and they didn't really care if you had a laptop up there as long as all the projectors got threaded and started on time and you were on-site and available to quickly fix anything if it broke.

Once digital projectors came in, automation ran by itself with computer-timed scheduling and the distinctly separate semi-casual position of projectionist was eliminated, which meant you have to wear the uniform polo, and nobody else is allowed to browse the net while working so you can't anymore either, and it went from a relaxing cloistered job working with machinery into some kind of customer service deal where popcorn oil and cheese spills all over the floor.
>>
>>51226
How do you feel about Ace Attorney?
>>
>>51224
I'm a freelance writer. I charge between $25 and $75 an hour and work ~10-25 hours a week, from home or from the comfy cafe near my house. It's bretty good, though sometimes I feel like a fraud
>>
Forgot this was even a board wtf
>>
File: showroom.jpg (130KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
showroom.jpg
130KB, 1024x680px
It's pretty comfy on the quiet days.

Most of our customers are representing their business so they behave themselves and don't treat you like shit (as often happens when dealing with the public in other sales positions).

I do a bit of sales, reception, admin, all that kind of stuff.

Very rarely do I have to stay back past 5.

Only disadvantage is that I have to eat at my desk every day which I always find demeaning and slightly embarrassing when there's customers around.

Pic is not my workplace, but our showroom looks similar to this. I work at the reception desk which is a massive amount of table space but I have to keep most of it clear for customers.
>>
I'm an electrician. It's not very comfy.
>>
>>51268
I haven't played it but I should because I like VNs.
>>
>>51224
I had a comfy job as a business analyst but the company does annual layoffs and have been downsizing for a number of years now. Now most of my coworkers have been let go and the few of us that remain have to take up additional responsibilities. So now I'm a business analyst/webmaster/quality assurance/support representative. It sucks because other people who are not my boss end up micromanaging me because I don't do things 100% like the people who used to do them before me and it's really aggravating.
>>
>>51264
Doesn't CNA mean you deal with lots of bodily fluids? I heard the pay was bad but if you're happy with it then nbd. Also I guess if you're safe then who cares about a biohazard
>>
I run an online store out of my home selling accessories I design

I get to shitpost, talk to new people every day, and do whatever I want from dawn til dusk. Maximum levels of comfy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.