[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you stand up for what you think on this site?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Not Happy.jpg (104KB, 407x390px) Image search: [Google]
Not Happy.jpg
104KB, 407x390px
Why can't you stand up for what you think on this site? Defending your position never gets respected here.
>>
>>50747

OK.
>>
File: 1482162752535.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1482162752535.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>50747
>leftypol
you are a faggot.
>>
>>50747
Sincerity is eschewed on this site. If you say what you really mean on 4chan, you are doing it wrong. If you have honest opinions to share go to Facebook or something.
>>
>>50770
>If you have honest opinions to share go to Facebook or something.

And get fired and ostracized for unpopular opinions. Facebook is for faking your image.
>>
>>50770
>If you say what you really mean on 4chan, you are doing it wrong.
i find it interesting and also funny that the "big debate" over the next owner of 4chan is entirely focused on free speech and then there are people like you who say that in stark contrast.
>>
>>50752

Kill yourself cancer. No one said anything about your normalfag politics shit.
>>
File: 5.gif (1006KB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
1006KB, 476x268px
>>50747
>lefty /pol/
hahahahahaha
>>
>>50747
I dunno, maybe you're just talking to people who are very set in their beliefs. Maybe you're just espousing incredibly unpopular opinions. Hell, maybe you're just shit at explaining yourself and your positions.

Chances are it's a combo of all three with an empathis on the third thing. Personally I never have any problems declaring and defending positions on the site, but I can understand that other people might not be as good at making cases as I am.
>>
>>50747
>Why can't you stand up for what you think on this site?
Because literally no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>51982
Not him but I don't even talk about the need for the drug war to end on this site due to the fact that you'll just get a series of posts going: DUDE WEED LMAO with or without XD. The memes being dank are of far more importance than having an intellectual conversation about things that matter to millions.
>>
File: 1478277636100.png (326KB, 498x462px) Image search: [Google]
1478277636100.png
326KB, 498x462px
You have to pick and choose where and when you're having these arguments. The plain truth is that (almost) every board leans to one side of an issue and reading the mood of a thread is just as important to getting your point across as actual conversation.

For example, if I went on, say, /news/ and said that we should gas the kikes and race war now, I'd get goofed on just as much as I would if went on /pol/ and tried discussing the intricacies of Judiasm and neo-liberal ideologies. If I were on /a/ and started a thread about how Avatar: The Last Airbender is undeniably the best anime of the past two decades, I wouldn't get a very positive response.

The point is that you can't go to certain boards expecting legitimate dialogue 100% of the time - on the bigger boards, a lot of people are just visiting to goof off and post smug frogs. That doesn't mean you should never go to those boards to discuss something, just that reading the mood is an important skill.
>>
>>51989
So? The memes and shitposting are usually pretty obvious and easy to ignore. You just keep and eye out to see if anyone tries to engage with you and start a conversation from there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.