[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.4chan.org/polls/11 Smash dat dislike button my w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: (You) removal poll.png (30KB, 916x466px) Image search: [Google]
(You) removal poll.png
30KB, 916x466px
https://www.4chan.org/polls/11
Smash dat dislike button my worksafe /b/rethren.
#RealGoldUserHours
>>
>>49133
>see that (You) has been removed
>pfft who cares, that's just for fags who spam bait and want to ctrl+F to see replies
>make a post in a /g/ thread asking for laptop buying advice
>go into new tab
>come back to thread later, thread has 30 replies
>scroll through
>no easily identifiable (You) to help me zero in on a reply while scrolling
>oh...

put it back, hiroshima.
>>
>>49134
>still only 20 votes
Vote if you haven't already goddammit.
>>
I like how (you)s have been removed though. It wasn't necessary in the first place and all it's done is bring its own flavour of shitposting.

>>49134
Don't you remember what you say? Can't you piece conversations together based off of responses in the thread? If you seriously can't keep track of everything, select your post before letting the updater run or even use a tripcode.
>>
>>49141
I make post after post, so I'm not committing time to memorizing everything I type.
>>
>>49141
>or even use a tripcode
Kill yourself you /qa/ scum
>>
>>49141
People will just find other ways to shitpost. Doesn't really make a difference.
>>
>>49141
Democracy says you're wrong

I can get why (You) got removed but it just makes tracking threads difficult. I want to come back to a thread hours later and track the conversation easily.
>>
can someone kindly share a screenshot of what the restyled tracking looks like?

>refuses to disable 4chan X to find out
>>
>>49149
no (You) and the red underline of a quote is instead a dotted line when it's (You) that's been quoted
>>
File: 87943521634678459.jpg (40KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
87943521634678459.jpg
40KB, 500x328px
>tfw Hiro just removed the (You)s to give an incentive to make pass-user polls to get people to buy passes
>>
>>49150
that sounds gay. voting MOSTLY NEGATIVE now.
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 421x100px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 421x100px
>>49152
>>
File: 1459241012744.png (540KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459241012744.png
540KB, 1280x720px
>tfw not going to vote because have 4chanX
>>
what is the benefit supposed to be?
>>
>>49156
Pros:
>no one can says "Thanks for the (You)s" or "Give me a (You)" anymore

Cons:
>can't ctrl+f to find your posts
>dots are less visible
>even with custom CSS, the (You) still can't be ctrl+f'd
>encourages people to spam the "Thanks for the dots" meme as retaliation
>>
Don't you guys have 4chanX or are you all that braindead
>>
>>49151
stupid frogposter
>>
>>49163
This.

>All these retard using the native extension.
>>
>enough money to spend on passes
>not enough dedication/inteligence to use a script
>>
>>49163
yeah but not for android
>>
>>49169
>phoneposting

Disgusting.
>>
File: commit sudoku please.png (16KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
commit sudoku please.png
16KB, 363x310px
+1 to mostly negative
whoever thought this is a good idea needs to kys themselves
>>
>>49171
not him but tabletposting on bed after a hard day at work is the comfiest shit ever.
>>
>>49186
>+1 to mostly negative
>kys

Of fucking course.
>>
>>49190
kys (kiss your self)
i like to use shit ironically, it's fun. thanks for the dots my man.
>>
>>49191
You'll grow tired of irony eventually.
>>
>poll has most people bitching about about losing (You)s
>hiro sees this and makes it a feature of the 4chan pass
>everyone buys one because they can't cope without that validation

the gook jew strikes again.
>>
File: meme.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Was debating going neutral. Personally I don't care, since custom CSS restored the old functionality for me easly. But I do think they removed a handy feature for no good reason. So I went with mostly negative. It really helps you keep track of your conversations better.

What was the reason for the change anyway? The dots are much harder to see than (You). And they kept (OP), so it can't really be a stylistic choice either... It's really strange to me.
>>
>>49155
Why not vote neutral then?
>>
>>49196
Fine by me
>>
>>49151
This is seriously the truth
>>
File: Remove (You) spammer.png (134KB, 630x768px) Image search: [Google]
Remove (You) spammer.png
134KB, 630x768px
>>49204
/qa/ ruining everything as usual
Also >>49151
>>
>>49151
dumb frogposter

>>49156
Pros:
faggots who never used 4chan before the native extension complaining about how hard it is to remember their own posts
Cons:
None
>>
>>49209
>removing (you)
>ruining anything

Shiggin my diggy.
>>
>>49217
The board is a bunch whiny leftist autists begging for everything except /a/ to be deleted.
>LOOK AT ME I'M TWO COOL AND SMART FOR (YOU)S YOU DUMB FACEBOK PPEL
is their attitude. They are cancer and seriously need to kill themselves.
>>
>>49220
Well, it IS the whining board.

Also you could make the same argument for the pro(you) side.

I've seen few threads describing what you say, and dozens more of "REEEEEEEE HIRO U KUK WHERES MY (YOU) 2 NUKES WERENT ENOUGH".

Those all-caps are not satire or hyperbole by the way.
>>
>>49221
>REEEEEEEE HIRO U KUK WHERES MY (YOU) 2 NUKES WERENT ENOUGH
There's literally nothing wrong with that post.
>>
>>49223
(You)
>>
File: 1481461156846.png (300KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1481461156846.png
300KB, 499x499px
>>49133
I have no idea what this nigga is talking about. I still get (You)s.
>>
>>49225
I'm serious.
The
legitimately consider themselves elite, superior intellectuals for crying for the removal of a fucking (You).
>REEEEEEEE HIRO U KUK WHERES MY (YOU) 2 NUKES WERENT ENOUGH
is normal, semi-ironic, hyperbolized-rage banter you newfag.
>inb4 I'm a Weeaboo crybaby who can't take any joke directed at Japan
>>
>>49231
Oh shit I thought I was on /qa/ for a second
>>
>>49234
(You)
>>
>>49236
Please, have some respect
>>
What is the old style? What is the new style? I haven't seen any change in the past weeks.
>>
>>49133
Done.
>>
>>49187
try using dashchan next time. it's the tits
>>
>>49247
The changes don't do anything if you have 4chan X
>>
>Only 4chan Pass users can vote.
every time I try...
>>
>4chan Polls
>Only a fool would take anything found here as fact.
I suppose we will soon find out whether or not Hiro is a fool
>>
>>49221
It is worrying that one autist with a prolonged boner against something can get something changed around here. It doesn't change anything for me in this instance because I use 4chanX but other things that I like could be at risk. The most glaring example for me is the really old topic of r/a/dio getting removed from /a/ because the (I think now defunct) IRC gang decided to ruin everyone's fun one day and made a prolonged attack against it on /q/. They were celebrating in the IRC and posting screenshots of the celebration all over /a/ calling themselves "r/a/dio killers" so the intent was plain that they just wanted to ruin other people's good times over a fanatical subscription to the rules.That was moot that allowed that but he had more of a spine than hiro and it still happened. I guess the poll is a step in the right direction because it means we're at least being democratic about it.
>>
>>49255
Worrying? It's admirable. When most people would have abandoned their cause, that one brave soul soldiered on. We should aspire to be that dedicated to a cause.
>>
Today, reimplementing (you).
Tomorrow, facebook integration.
Next week, 4chan official appâ„¢, courtesy of Nishimura News Corp.
>>
I want newfriends to lurk more
hopefully this will spurn them to do so, because they won't be able to find any replies to their posts
>>
Bring visible sage and noko back. Fuck (You)
>>
>>49275
>noko
Noko still exists, it's just the default now
>>
>>49151
And yet, there's hardly been any votes in the poll. Does anyone have any idea about how many people have a pass?
>>
>>49277
There's been over 600 to date, that's already better than for the banner contests.
>>
>>49275
What's the point in a visible noko, if noko always happens?
Visible sage would be nice, though.

>>49278
Because nobody cares about shitty banners. Also, the banner voting has always been abysmal.

This is the first time I've seen a poll specifically advertised to a 4chan pass user, and I'm surprised at how few people have voted.
>>
Wait yous ha e been removed?!
>>
File: awooNES.png (224KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
awooNES.png
224KB, 400x545px
>>49285
Test
>>
>>49280
>I'm surprised at how few people have voted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner_blindness

Only reason I even noticed there was a poll was because I looked at the blotter thinking "wow they really haven't announced anything ever since /vip/ was created".

If the poll link was in a more visible place (like a one-time popup when you try to post) you'd see an exponential increase in voters.
>>
BRING VISIBLE SAGE BACK
>>
>>49290
>>
>>49251
>dashchan
Use Clover
>>
>>49316
*Overchan
>>
>>49133
Positive because (you)s was getting too reddit
>>
>>49317
*Mimi
>>
>>49251
I actually just use Opera Mobile on tablet. Default tablet view is pretty much the same as on desktop. I can sync tabs with my desktop browser and browse other non-4chan shit,
On phone, Clover is the best though.
>>
>>49322
*Chanobol
>>
I can't believe that I share this board with at least 495 shit eaters.
>>
Next time there's a poll the results should be broken down by the age of the pass.

>>49143
The posts after posts you're making are probably total shit if you can't remember having made them.
>>
>(you)s are back
We did it Reddit!
>>
Literally the only people who care about (You) are newfag shitposters. For 10 years this site didn't have that feature, because it's not needed.

It was being used by newfags as an upvote, and if you want such a feature so badly there's another site (where most of you retards probably came from) where you can go.
>>
>>49406
>For 10 years this site didn't have that feature, because it's not needed.
>because it's not needed
wrong, it's just because noone thought about the pros of the feature, that added quality of life change until 4chan-x implemented it. and then moot built-in that into 4chan-x itself, you know because it's actually useful?

getting so triggered about what other people do is more like a newfag to me.
>>
>>49407
*built-in into 4chan itself
>>
>>49406
>For 10 years this site didn't have that feature, because it's not needed.
For 10 years, 4chan didn't have a lot of unnecessary features, although people have been using extensions for 4chan since 2004. Yeah, auto-update, thread watcher, and inline-reply links aren't needed, but jesus fucking christ, they make 4chan so much more usable.

Just because it isn't "needed" doesn't mean it isn't useful. "(You)" is useful, but I agree with you that the bad that has come with it outweighs the good.

>It was being used by newfags as an upvote
This entirely. The reason why visible sage was disabled is because of people using it as a downvote instead of sage's actual purpose. "(You)" is no different. It's useful as a slightly quicker tool to find replies, but too many people use it just for "Here's your (You)" and "Great post, have a (You)"
>>
test
>>
>>49415
test
>>
>>49133
>Total votes: 1020
Mhmm. That's like $15k to $20k in revenue in 4chan passes alone.
>>
File: 1395423214691.png (313KB, 543x673px) Image search: [Google]
1395423214691.png
313KB, 543x673px
>>49429
>mfw I've been forced to buy them for years after mootkins blocked my ISP
>>
>>49412
Visible sage should come back and it is NOT a downvote. This is clear redditization of our website, this policy should be reversed as it was under our occupation but that oppressive subverted commie moot.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.