[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just went the cinema alone for the first time, I couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: 1483026457880.jpg (630KB, 1331x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1483026457880.jpg
630KB, 1331x2000px
I just went the cinema alone for the first time, I couldn't enjoy it. I felt like everyone was judging me for being a Billy no mates. I was trying to focus on the hot powerful action of Star wars but was distracted by my insecurity.

How do you lads handle it?
>>
>>49072
I know what you mean. I felt similarly when I went to a concert alone. Just take solace in the fact that nobody cares. Just put yourself in their shoes. If you were with friends, and saw someone sitting alone, would you be judging them for the while movie? Hell no. You'd probably go "that's slightly strange I suppose" and go right back to what you were doing before.

no
body
cares
about
you

that said, I still can't get over the feeling of being constantly judged. I'm sitting at home right now and I can't stop agonizing over how much the barber must've been judging me yesterday when I was getting a haircut. I often have crying spells over this kinda shit.
>>
>>49072
by waiting 3 months for the bluray rip
>>
>>49072
i felt that way the first time but now i enjoy it immensely. it would definitely be awkward if i saw someone i know there witnessing my degeneracy though so I usually go for early weekend showings on movies that have been out a few weeks
>>
>>49131
Only problem is that it's mostly old people at those showings. If it's some indie/Oscar flick though I think the sort of crowd that's there would care a lot less. People might judge you for seeing Star Wars alone, since it's a big blockbuster flick and it implies you couldn't find a single other person to go see it with.

Even if people do judge though you shouldn't care. They'll have a passing thought then focus on the movie then forget you even exist by the next day. People can have any number of reasons for doing the things they do.

It seems like people tend to assume everyone else has a life like them or is in their same exact situation, so if they're acting differently, then something is wrong with them. Like I try to keep in mind that when I'm driving slow, it's because I have something fragile in the car. So if I see some "moron" driving slow in front of me, it's easy to forget that maybe they have a good reason for driving the way they are, and that maybe they aren't trying to get somewhere by a specific time like I am.
>>
>>49076
why wud the barder judge you anon? Were you wearing a furry suit?
>>
>>49076
>>49072
>>49131
Anxiety Disorder
>>
File: SketchUp_2016-12-27_20-38-47.png (342KB, 1110x762px) Image search: [Google]
SketchUp_2016-12-27_20-38-47.png
342KB, 1110x762px
>>49072
I don't have to handle it because I don't have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Move to a state with legal weed, brew up some hash oil in the oven, and low dose medicate yourself for the rest of your life. It'll cost you like 3 bucks a day and you won't feel that way anymore. Don't do too much though or you'll act like a retarded stoner.
>>
>>49200
Just as a warning for OP, for some people weed can heighten the symptoms of anxiety. I can't really smoke it anymore because it feels like I'm dying every time.
>>
>>49076
I am judging you right now and my judgement tells me you are a faggot.
>>
>>49072
>Be me
>No friends
>Go to see movie I've been excited about for ages (it'd been in production for practically a decade)
>Wait in giant queue for 30+ minutes
>Everyone looking at me funny
>Finally reach counter
>Stutter out the name of the film and ask for some popcorn
>qt cashier frowns
>"Sorry, but we've had a no-singles policy ever since Aurora"
>Everyone behind me sniggers
>Giant walk of shame to the exit while literally everyone stares at me as I visibly tremble in shame
At least you actually got in you damn faggot.
>>
I've been doing it for years and never thought anything of it until I started seeing people meme about it on /tv/. It still doesn't bother me at all, I'd prefer to go by myself sometimes.
>>
>>49218
Welcome to things that didn't happen land.
>>
I used to go to the theater alone the majority of the time. No having to wait for other people to be ready and usually late. No one sneaking booze or supermarket candy in. Get to sit where I want in the theater. The only benefit to seeing a movie with someone else is maybe five minutes of anticipating the movie you're about to see and then after it's over no matter how bad the movie was getting a "That was pretty good, I guess" from them.

I barely even go to the theater now. I have a home entertainment system and just watch movies at home with whatever cooking fulfills my taste. I did get dragged out to Rogue One at a 10:30 am showing. At least it was paid for by my friend.
>>
>>49072
no one gives a fuck that you're going to a movie alone.

dress to blend in,
don't fuck with people
turn your phone off before the movie
don't actively draw attention to yourself by making noise etc.

unless you have a physical handicap or a weird visible birthmark I guarantee the average person seeing the same movie will pay less attention to you than they will the ushers or anyone else
>>
I handle it by watching the movie. Watching a movie absolutely alone is the only way to experience one.
>>
>>49200
different anon, but I took ketamine and all my anxiety went away for a few days. kept doing this until I ran out. only downside is that when you stop taking it you feel even worse than before because of the sheer contrast.

I don't think weed really does anything for me, but I've only taken it a few times. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get, though, since it's legal.
>>49161
I was worried that I didn't seem happy enough. Or that I was too demanding. maybe I didn't tip enough. or too much. I wore some shit shoes, too. maybe he even thought my haircut was shitty.
>>49214
correct
>>
>>49072
That is a very pretty girl. Thank you for posting this image OP.
>>
>>49562
ever her overweight belly?
>>
>>49567
Yes.
H I G H T E S T
I
G
H

T
E
S
T
>>
>>49567
that's my favorite part
>>
File: high impact sexual violence.png (95KB, 534x664px) Image search: [Google]
high impact sexual violence.png
95KB, 534x664px
>>49567
>low test
>on my VIP board
>>
Honestly nobody really gives a shit if you're there alone. Stop thinking you're special.
>>
>>49200
Do cops test for weed in America? Cause where I live, you could have taken weed weeks ago but if the police detect it in your system, your drivers license is gone.
>>
>>49893
The way it works is that possession f the contraband is illegal so don't ride around with it. If they catch it in your system they can't do shit to you but you probably won't get employed. Most workplaces will test you for everything in a piss test which can test up to about 30 days. Some upscale places to work will do a hair follicle test which can detect marijuana if it's been in your system for up to six months but that is exceedingly rare. What is mainly half and half is sometimes the employer will do random drugs test on you and these are most likely urine test so see above.
>>
>>49662
This

One of the keys to being a successful adult is realizing that no one who matters has the time or energy to care about you unless you are directly relevant to their interests.
>>
>>49072
I want to get that pregnant
>>
File: Natalie Austin 04.jpg (341KB, 1280x1865px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 04.jpg
341KB, 1280x1865px
God. Damn.
>>
File: Natalie Austin 14.jpg (319KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 14.jpg
319KB, 1600x1067px
>>50068
>>
File: Natalie Austin 16.jpg (297KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 16.jpg
297KB, 1067x1600px
>>50069
>>
File: Natalie Austin 08.jpg (327KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 08.jpg
327KB, 1067x1600px
>>50070
>>
File: Natalie Austin 02.jpg (289KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 02.jpg
289KB, 1280x1920px
>>50071
>>
File: Natalie Austin 05.jpg (293KB, 1280x1871px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 05.jpg
293KB, 1280x1871px
>>50072
>>
File: Natalie Austin 06.jpg (437KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie Austin 06.jpg
437KB, 1920x1280px
>>50073
>>
>>49072
mm look at those yummy tatas
>How do you lads handle it?
see
>>49076
The trick to not caring about what people in public think of you is to remind yourself that they don't think of you. They're not judging you because they have no reason to care about you. They have better things to think about than "that guy sitting by himself is such a loser."
>>
>>50076
>They have better things to think about than "that guy sitting by himself is such a loser."
This leads into the "Fuck em." mentality as well which I think is healthy. If they actually do think of you as a loser it's only momentary and a majority of the time won't actually act on it so there's no way of knowing. If they think you're a loser think to yourself "fuck em." and that will lower their value in your mind as well as their importance of judging you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.