[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rangebanned for over a month >Want to post >Finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: 1476207917983.jpg (91KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476207917983.jpg
91KB, 702x397px
>Rangebanned for over a month
>Want to post
>Finally give in to Hiro's bullshit and buy a pass

Ah yes, I love the idea that mods and admins can be so fucking lazy and instead of actively going after one shitposter abusing the system, they'll just ban fucking everyone in the same region, same ISP or whatever. Yeah, good plan alright.
>>
>>48491
Welcome to the secret club. Congratulations, you've passed the test.
>>
File: 1469789411161.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
1469789411161.png
318KB, 496x559px
I just think its such a scummy idea. I'm caught in the crossfire because of their sloth and because some cunt is spamming the site, so -I- have to suffer the consequences for it?

Whatever, atleast it's $20 for 12 months and quicker posting, and no captchas.
>>
File: futo skate.jpg (80KB, 470x467px) Image search: [Google]
futo skate.jpg
80KB, 470x467px
Well, some of these people have VPNs containing hundreds of IPs they can use, so the only way they can be efficiently banned is to ban every IP that fits the pattern they're using. The only way for the mods to fight back aside from using a range ban is to just wait for them to strike again over and over and ban them one proxy at a time. Not only would that take a long time, it would also let them get away with an awful lot of rulebreaking. Not saying that what happened to you was just, only that the mods don't really have a better way of stopping people with lots of proxies that I'm aware of.
>>
File: cheetos momiji.jpg (117KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cheetos momiji.jpg
117KB, 960x1280px
>>48501
Also, the proxies that spammers use can later be taken up by other people as legitimate IP addresses, so if each of them got a permaban then it would punish normal people who obtain the IP later, and they would have no way of ending the ban (aside from appealing, that is). A temporary range ban of a million is superior to a hundred permabans because once it's over, the person who caused it has likely given up and few permabans remain on the range for innocent users to stumble their way into later. Basically, a lot of temporary collateral damage versus a small amount of permanent collateral damage.
>>
>>48501
>>48502
Yeah, I guess you're right.

It -would- help if mods actually listened to /feedback and emails however. But stil, whatever. I have the pass and I'm 'safe' again. I just wanted to vent it out.

Sup /vip/?
>>
File: 1353827559.jpg (220KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1353827559.jpg
220KB, 1280x960px
Same here OP, I'd never have thought my ISP might get banned since it's a regional one.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.