[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you've never traveled beyond a 145 mile radius around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: ebig.png (74KB, 414x308px) Image search: [Google]
ebig.png
74KB, 414x308px
>tfw you've never traveled beyond a 145 mile radius around your hometown
shit :3c
>>
>>37286
Typical american.
Save money, travel, be happy.
>>
In west Philadelphia born and raised
In front of his pc is where anon spent most of my days
>>
all cities look roughly the same from in front of your computer
>>
But I've been 5,280 miles away from my hometown. Because they got vidya games over there.
>>
I thought flying was super cheap in the US

grab some plane tickets for $100 early mornings, fly to another city, fly back in the evening/at night
>>
>>37299
All of America looks the same
>>
>>37299
For what purpose?
>>
I'm currently living almost exactly 2,000 miles away from my hometown. Furthest being 4,600 miles. Let me tell you, traveling too much really isn't fun.
>>
File: Map.png (348KB, 1864x856px) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
348KB, 1864x856px
I've traveled a little bit but it's all been in the south. Born in Beaumont, hometown is Broussard, LA, currently live in Atlanta. Family's mostly in LA and TX and I choose to stay far away as possible thanks to work. Some cities I've traveled/stayed in are Houston, Galveston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and the Atlanta metro. I've vacationed in San Antonio, Gulfport, Chattanooga, Pensacola, Destin, and Orlando. Some cities/towns I've traveled through but did not really get to see were Dallas, Ruston, Monroe, Lake Charles, Opelousas, Moss Point, and Georgiana.

Never been further west than San Antonio, never further south than Orlando, and never been further north than Chattanooga. Are there any other places in the south I'm missing out on?
>>
>>37320
Yes, the rest of the world
>>
>>37286
>>tfw you've never traveled beyond a 145 mile radius around your hometown

So travel if you want. It's interesting. The furthest I've been in London/Paris/Amsterdam. And Hawaii. I live on the west coast and visited the southeast, Atlanta and Birmingham and South Caroline... Hilton Head, that area. Really interesting to compare your home area to distant places. And Frisco. Very expensive, but an interesting place to visit. And Mexico... in July... in a VW bus caravan... was HOT...
>>
>>37287
What if I don't enjoy travelling? If I have the choice between spending $5000 on a forgettable X-day trip to Y country, and spending that same amount on a solid OLED display that will last me for the next Z years, why would I go for the temporary escape rather than the solid investment?
>>
File: xfs.jpg (785KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
xfs.jpg
785KB, 2048x1536px
>>37338
You could spend a decent-length vacation in Tokyo for nowhere near $5,000. Sure, drop $5k if you want to REALLY splurge, but closer to $1k still gets you a fun memorable experience.

Korea's also available on a much cheaper per-day budget. I've been to both and there's plenty to see and do all over.
>>
>>37347
Meh; maybe I'm just not seeing it - but what would I see by being there that I can't see from photos like yours?

I guess I can understand it if you feel like you need a change of pace / if your life is stale. It's just not really something that I've ever experienced. If my life is stale, I can find something else to do on the internet. Being offline feels weird and unnatural to me, and I try to avoid it as much as possible either way. Travelling only makes it worse, since it means more time not on my computer.
>>
>>37393
Arcades still exist over there. Challenge them on their own turf.
>>
>>37286
We live pretty close to each other.
>>37393
>what would I see by being there that I can't see from photos like yours?
That's hard to quantify well, and particularly because I haven't been to Tokyo, so I want to look for a really general measure of what makes something more interesting than something else. Maybe we could use memories. When something interesting and exciting happens, your brain makes a lot of memories of it that tend to be strongly held. It's likely that the person you're talking to has a lot of strong memories and feelings associated with his visit to Tokyo, and you likely won't remember looking at his picture of Tokyo two days from now (except now maybe you will because I'm calling attention to it, whoops, but you get my point).
>>
>>37286
i have driven across country when i moved new jersey to new mexico and back.
>>
>>37393
>but what would I see by being there that I can't see from photos like yours?

Japanese ladies who wish to practice their English with you.
>>
>>37445
I doubt any japanese ladies would be interested in me.
>>
>>37347
>$1K vacation to tokyo
Most flights US-Tokyo cost ~$1000. How???
>>
>>37469
Not $1k, "closer to $1k" than $5k. I think my trip over there this past April was somewhere in the $1.5k range.
>>
Does it count if you take Amtrak from NYC to Orlando?

Technically I have set foot in Georgia due to a 15 min crew change where they let you get out to stretch your legs or smoke.
>>
You poor soul.
I consider myself to travel a lot. I'm Swiss.
I've been to:
Germany
Austria
France
Italy
Turkey
Greece
Croatia
Czech Republic
Thailand

Planning to go to Japan for the weebfeels and something cheap over a weekend once.
Also might visit China since I'm learning Chinese in Uni.
>>
>>37552
Plan at least a month for Japan or you'll miss everything.
>>
>>37553
>at least a month
I'm planning on 2-3 weeks. I have Uni, I have work. I can't take a shitton of time off.
>>
>>37554
And if you're going to Japan, if it's in-season, try to get a ticket to a baseball game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7qQz6xUIQ
>>
>>37555
we have that at big concerts/festivals here in Switzerland : ^)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.