[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't society treat gender dysphoria like a mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: SHARINGAN.jpg (196KB, 1260x840px) Image search: [Google]
SHARINGAN.jpg
196KB, 1260x840px
Why doesn't society treat gender dysphoria like a mental disorder?
>>
We need more justice movements to satiate the greedy wants of young white city-dwellers whom have grown bored with their society, history, and culture, and wish to be written into the history books for their valiant effort of somehow upholding justice.

Such actions eat at the legs of a civilization, and then, it's only a matter of time before a stronger, superior civilization strikes at the right time to bring us all crumbling down.
>>
File: latest-4.png (311KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.png
311KB, 640x480px
>>35648
to fuck with you
>>
>>35648
I dunno; same reason they don't treat being gay like a mental disorder I guess, didn't work out well so now as a whole we're easing off of that or something.
What even is the definition of a mental disorder? Google gave me a definition that is really broad and vague, and wikipedia said "There is disagreement in various fields of mental health care, including the field of psychiatry, over the definitions and criteria used to delineate various disorders. Of particular concern to some professionals is whether some of these conditions should be classified as 'mental illnesses' at all, and whether they would be better described as neurological disorders, or in other ways".
>>
>>35648
Because if someone wants to be a girl fucking let them

Happiness is important anon
>>
File: ACTUAL SHARINGAN.jpg (223KB, 1260x840px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL SHARINGAN.jpg
223KB, 1260x840px
>>35648
>>
>>35648
It's an artifical issue, made to take attention away from other issues, much like the race riots. Notice how every time patriot-act-like bills or shit like SOPA arrived at congress, suddenly the press begins to parrot about gay marriage or shit like toilets for trannies?
>>
If severely autistic children can be free, I'm pretty sure we can have Billy cut off his willy... when he's a fully grown adult and actually knows something about sex

Enabling transchildren is pretty much child abuse really.
>>
Because it doesn't exist
>>
>>35695
>Trannies don't exist
>>
>>35648
It is you sick fuck
>>
>>35704
Never said it wasn't, but everyone will call you "literally hitler" if you mention it in public.
>>
File: 1473186784269.png (259KB, 486x358px) Image search: [Google]
1473186784269.png
259KB, 486x358px
>>35648
because it is?

theres nothing wrong with it, but it is a mental disorder
>>
>>35709
Read the post again
>>
>>35696
Technically, they don't, you can't change your Y chromosome into an X... yet...

>In the future, you can alter your chromosomes and become the little girl
>>
>>35776
That's not what a tranny is
>>
>>35648
I really don't know it seems inconsistent. Having gender dysphoria means you want to lob off parts of your body because they don't feel right. I don't really care what people do and hold no ill will to them for it, but I don't want deviant behavior to be accepted as perfectly normal and healthy. If it can't be helped that's fine but 'accepting it' means kids growing up thinking it's okay to willingly choose to be like that.

>>35776
Rewriting whole chromosomes across billions of cells is infeasible. We'll be able to inject specific genes, short snippets, in localized organs that need them but nothing on the scale of that. It'd likely be more economical at that point to create a modified brainless clone from scratch and perform brain implantation or transference somehow. In which case you'd literally be reborn as the little girl. This technology may never be possible though, the brain is a complex thing.
>>
>>35776
science can't make you younger
science can't make you 2D
you will never be the little girl
>>
>>36424
Science can make you LOOK younger
>>
>>35648
Well, they mostly do, on paper. First line treatment is psychotherapy, where a clinician decides whether hormone treatment or antipsychotic treatment is needed.
Blame the greed surrounding the huge market for physicians who write out estrogen like candy, and surgeons who are chopping off dicks for a few thousand dollars, no questions asked.
>>
>>35648
Because it's not a big deal, like pedophilia or OCD.
>>
>>36424
Science can make you 2D. Just combine with art, and you're good.
>>
>>35660
What about the fact that gender reassignment therapy has proven to be pretty ineffectual when it comes to suicide rates?
>>
>>37777
Checked
>>
I don't understand why so many psychologists/therapists seem to ENCOURAGE it.

I've had multiple friends go to different therapists and oh so gradually they convinced that they're "genderqueer."

These "medical professionals" are playing with people's lives here.
>>
>>35648
BECAUSE ITS LITERALLY A MATTER OF ONES BRAIN BEING BORN WITH THE WRONG BODY.
JESUS FUCK
>>
I've known some trannies in my time and I can say, in my experience, they're all mentally ill. They're all mentally unstable as fuck and the hormones they pump themselves with only makes it worse, makes them more emotional and prone to outbursts.

The gender dsyphoria is usually just one dimension of their sick and twisted minds. Fucking psychos, every single one.
>>
>>35648
How does it feel that even the most consevative muslims accept it for what it is but you still dont?
>>
Treating gender dysphoria by cutting off dicks is like treating anorexia/bulimia by doing fat suction. Neither is going to solve the underlying problem, but only the latter will be laughed at by the general public.
>>
>>38229
You realize how crazy you sound when you say that, right?
>>
>>38171
The healthcare industry in the US is one big scam designed to profit off of ignorance and suffering. Worse than the schools, even.
>>
>>35656
But being gay just means you're attracted to your own gender

Gender dysphoria means you feel like the opposite gender which obviously is ridiculous since you can never know what it feels like to be a gender you're not

Hence it's a mental illness

The 2 aren't remotely comparable
>>
>>37777
You're not supposed to present facts and apply logic

You're supposed to tow the line or be branded a transphobic-racist-misogynist-alt right nutjob
>>
>>38229
How would they know?

They weren't born as the gender they believe they are so how could they possibly know?

It's delusional
>>
>>38886
oh
>>
>>35648
Because it transgresses a norm that our society has held as fundamental for thousands of years. Of course it's going to take time for people to used to such a drastic change.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.