[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /vip/, you are about to go do battle in a colosseum, and after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3080.jpg (48KB, 671x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3080.jpg
48KB, 671x219px
Ok /vip/, you are about to go do battle in a colosseum, and after taking a look at you, your slave driver takes pity. He offers you the choice of any melee weapon of your choosing that existed up until the renaissance time period. You will also be fitted with chainmail and a helmet, and you will be fighting a heavily trained, muscular man in full plate armour who you know to be cocky enough to leave his helmet behind in every fight. He switches up his weapons, but he tends to have a preference for polearms, and he always carries a longsword on his belt, mostly for his killing blow. He never loses. What weapon do you choose?
>>
>>28618
>He never loses.
Then what's the point?
>>
>>28626
Survival? You're telling me you'd just give up in the case of certain death?
>>
>>28627
Well this is a hypothetical in which case one of the rules is the opponent never loses. I wish for a jetpack and fly out of the colosseum.
>>
>>28618
>What weapon do you choose?

A can of wasp spray.
>>
>>28637
It's not a rule, the guy is just a beast.
>>
>>28649
Where's my jetpack, hypothetical genie?
>>
>>28653
>melee
>>
>>28655
My jetpack is dual purpose. I can hit him in the face with it and when he stumbles I can fly out of the colosseum.
>>
>>28658
You'll have to compromise and settle for a giant dildo. Sorry faggot.
>>
>>28618
>He never loses
Isn't that implied by the fact that he's alive?
>>
>>28659
I'll die with my dick in my hands then.
>>
>>28660
Extra impact, obviously.
>>
OP here again. Since nobody is answering the question, I'd probably choose a good, strong spear that won't break on me too easily; I'd choose one a foot longer than his longest polearm. The lack of a helmet puts his armour level below mine; it's a crippling weakness. Basically I try to poke him in the eye and shit, exploiting my reach advantage. Given his record, I probably still lose, but it would be my best chance at winning imo.
>>
File: 1467225630035.jpg (642KB, 786x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1467225630035.jpg
642KB, 786x1071px
obviously i pick the katana.
also i would try and throw dirt into his eyes since they are unprotected, and get close to him while he was blind and slash at his face/neck/throat. to that end having a sword would be useful, but i'm not actually a katanafag irl. a broader sword which i could hopefully use to bat aside his polearm would probably be best, and as i'm an untrained plebe skeleton, just having something with an easy to use cutting edge would be good.
>>
>>28618
No shield? Claymore
>>
>>28923
You can have a shield if you want, I can't see why not. No tower shields are available though, nothing larger than a kiteshield.
>>
File: 1475949568706.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475949568706.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>28918
Glorious 10,000,000 fold nippon steel desu. The slave should just off himself.
>>
File: SH2060-920-1.jpg (25KB, 920x520px) Image search: [Google]
SH2060-920-1.jpg
25KB, 920x520px
>>28927
I wont need a shield with a claymore, its a two handed wrapon anyway
A claymore has a wide hilt that is angled forward, i deal for catching the pole. I could then twist the blade to angle the polearm away at a convenient angle to slide the weapon off and swing for his head. Dont say he's too strong for thats, not how physics work. A pole arm is a heavy weapon and his strength will be in the thrust, his weight will work against him.
>>
give me a longer polearm than his

try and stab him in the eye
>>
>>28945
>he cant hold a claymore with 1 hand
>>
>>28997
I know you're joking, but have you actually felt the weight of a large sword? Well I mean, a longsword is only about 1kg (2?) I think, but try swinging that shit when you don't lift and it'll make you feel like a complete weakling. So much for dreams of being a templar knight, that shit is hard.
>>
>>29011
But anon, if I was alive in a time when broadswords were still cutting edge (sorry) technology, don't you think I'd have more muscle mass than my 2016 wimpy-ass computer programmer form?
>>
>>29011
no but ur mum has felt the weight of my large sword
>>
>>29016
I think I'd give up and play a rogue. Daggers are easy, and nobody expects the knife in their back because honour and shit.
>>
>>28997
This Datk Souls, my man
A claymore is not a toy
>>
>>29103
*this isnt Dark Souls
>phone posting
>>
File: IMG_3083.gif (499KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3083.gif
499KB, 320x240px
>>29106
>>
>>28618
A lightsaber.
>>
>>29016
You'd probably be more fit if you just sit around all day, but you're definitely able to become much bigger today than you could back then. Just because of childhood nutrition and easy access to protein and workout regimens.
>>
File: IMG_3084.jpg (35KB, 406x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3084.jpg
35KB, 406x362px
>>29146
>>
>>29151
The nobleborn knights would be a little stronger due to their weight. I would imagine that fatness would have been perceived as a good thing and a sign of wealth, so most of the noblemen would be fat. They might be a little weak in the arm though still without exercise. I suppose they would do a bit of sparring for that.
>>
>>29151
Yeah but it would affect my opponents equally

The point is that I'd be more stronger relatively speaking
>>
File: IMG_3085.jpg (34KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.jpg
34KB, 400x295px
>>29440
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.