[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that it's pronounced [vip], not "/vip/".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: cff000630d3643f463d.gif (411KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cff000630d3643f463d.gif
411KB, 500x281px
Reminder that it's pronounced [vip], not "/vip/".

I personally suggest that the sticky be edited or removed due to this important typo.
>>
By that logic, /a/ would be [a/, /wg/ would be /wg], etc. However, if you haven't noticed, >>>[a/ doesn't link to /a/. >>>[s4s] doesn't link you to /s4s/. >>>[vip] won't link you to /vip/.

Clearly, the shortened board names were meant to be displayed with two slashes when discussed, and the brackets only exist in the navigation menu to organize boards into sections. They brackets replace the slashes simply because it looks better that way in the menu. [/s4s/] would look retarded.

Additionally, no board has ever been officially represented with brackets in 4chan posts. Only a newfag would suggest that things like [vip] or [s4s] are the proper names. We have never done it like this before, and there is no reason to change.
>>
>>27546
4chan.org/vip/ doesn't even work like it does for every other board. And don't be silly, [s4s] is widely used and accepted.
>>
>>27546
>Only a newfag would suggest that things like [vip] or [s4s] are the proper names
[s4s] is on the front page of the board you dipfuck.
>>
>>27596
You have to use boards.4chan.org/vip

>>27634
Go to any other board contained inside of bracket. /s4s/ is the only board to do this, and they're a bunch of shitposting autists. Only newfags use [s4s] outside of /s4s/. [s4s] is ironic special snowflakism.
>>
>>27663
>they're a bunch of shitposting autists

So are we desu. The brackets feel prestigious and fit the vip theme well if you ask me.
>>
File: You Need to Leave.png (383KB, 1051x1920px) Image search: [Google]
You Need to Leave.png
383KB, 1051x1920px
>>27674
>The brackets feel prestigious

Literally how. Brackets are autistic and not as visually pleasing.

Newfag
>>
>>27676
Because it's encased/enclosed. It has an air of exclusivity. You might genuinely be autistic if you can't understand something so simple (no offense).
>>
>>27688
>it has an air of exclusivity
I think you might be the autistic one here, bud. Brackets do not make you a special snowflake and they look like shit.

I could see it giving an air of exclusivity if we were the only board with brackets in the navigation menu, but that isn't the case. /r9k/ and /s4s/ are also single boards encased in brackets, which prevents it from being unique and exclusive.

If exclusivity is your goal, you should be aiming for something completely unique and even more autistic, such as \vip\, $vip$, -vip-, _vip_, (vip), %vip%, or [faggot]vip[faggot]
>>
File: 1466503158241.gif (875KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1466503158241.gif
875KB, 250x231px
>>27747
Hey, I'm not the one sperging out like a raging mong just because someone enjoys brackets more than slashes.

[vip] it is.
>>
I dunno \vip\ seems better.
>>
File: 1475680479914.png (154KB, 374x321px) Image search: [Google]
1475680479914.png
154KB, 374x321px
>>27501
ye it's pronounced [vip] but it's spelt /vip/
>>
>>27769
>sperging out
>raging mong

I provided a calm, logical argument against brackets. Then I provided some superior alternatives and explained why I would consider them superior alternatives. Dunno why you would resort to making comments like that.

Are you butthurt because I called you a newfag? It's ok newfriend, we don't really mean anything by it. If you want to hang around here, you're gonna have to learn not to take those things to heart, little buddy. You'll just get shit all over by some of the more volatile anons.

>>27782
Yeah I wasn't really thinking about it when I posted it, but I actually like that one a lot. It's the direct opposite of every other board, which I feel conveys the whole ironic pretentious "We're better than all of you because we spent money on the site and got our own exclusive secret club" message better than brackets.
>>
>>27782
That has zero context or relevance to anything. Might as well be ¡vip!.
>>
>>27795
It's the opposite of how every other board is displayed. It matches this board's pretentious nature, in my opinion. Intentionally doing the opposite of what the other boards do just to be different and special.
>>
>>27501
The fuck? No.
Only [s4s] has []
All other boards ALL OF THEM WITHOUT ANY EXCEPTION should be / /

>>27782
>backwards /vip/
no thanks
>>
I am beginning to view the non-pass owners who are possibly viewing these threads (if they can, then surely they do, right?) less as impoverish dross and more like silent judges who quietly cackle at our masturbatory shade of self-righteousness and paper thin elite status. Sure it's ONLY $15, but then again... it's only $15. So this inflammatory tone just strikes me as shitpostic and low quality. Not "VIP QUALITY".
>>
>>27809
But "VIP QUALITY" is a meme. Our "very important posts" are only ironically important. In all actuality, our posts are not any more important than the posts of people who didn't buy 4chan passes. That's the joke. We paid money so we get a special board to circlejerk on and then we pretend we're special for paying $20.
>>
We should differentiate from s4s

Let's name it {vip}

It's also fancier
>>
>>27827
Just because you can be a faggot doesn't mean you should. Just have a little ambition, why don't you? Some standards? Make some OC for a change. Contribute in a positive way. This board has opportunity so don't be a spaz and squander it.
>>
what about \/{([vip])}\/
>>
>>27916
Being optimistic won't magically make this board less shitty than it already is. This entire site had potential, and it was squandered a long time ago.

Explaining the joke of "VIP QUALITY" doesn't mean that I adhere to it either.
>>
>>27933
Like a crab desu
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.