[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /vippers/! Do you enjoy cooking? I'm a pretty good cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: SSPX0018.jpg (371KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
SSPX0018.jpg
371KB, 1280x960px
Sup /vippers/! Do you enjoy cooking? I'm a pretty good cook myself.

Rate my lunch!
Off brand spam luncheon loaf.
Off brand sports drink
store bought off brand spaghetti with cheddar cheese sauce

Now you might think that this is a lot of food but in reality i spend all of today's budget on this meal, I'm poor so this is the best I can do.

Anyway post your recipes and maybe some of your dishes ITT.
>>
Incredible... [red]nice spread![/red]
>>
>>27287
I couldn't finish it so I'm just going to have the rest for dinner.
>>
File: New Bitmap Image.png (82KB, 788x1094px) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.png
82KB, 788x1094px
>>27292
>>
File: m'diner.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
m'diner.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>27254
Hey, friend. I'm by no means a cook or anything, but I do have a dish that I make myself every day.
You can see it in my pic'. It's always a bit of a mess (this time more so than is typical, because I messed up the flip), but it tastes good so I like it.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 medium sized potato
3 eggs
Half a bell pepper
Quarter of an onion
1 medium sized jalapeno
1 small tomato (a campari, for instance)
two cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
some olive oil
salt!
First cut up the potato into slices, and put those slices in a big pan with the olive oil, and turn it on to 5 (i dunno how standardized oven knobs are; 5 for me is about half. You don't want it too hot). At every stage here you'll be moving around whatever is in the pan periodically with your spatula as you do the other stuff. Now cut up your bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno. The way you want to do this is two have half of each cut into medium bits and the other half diced (you'll see why!).
Once the potatoes have browned a bit on the bottom you put your medium-sized cuts of bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos into the pan and flip the potato slices (along with the other vegetables which get flipped in the process). As they cook, crack your three eggs into a bowl, add the cumin and some salt to the eggs (I usually put some salt and cumin into the pan at this point, too), and whisk 'em up. After a little bit of the medium sized-bits cooking flip the potatoes again (along with the bits) and move everything over to one half of the pan.
Now add the diced up half of the veggies to the empty half and let them cook. After a little of this cut up the tomato and add it to both halves, then add the garlic (preferably via one of those tools that like pushes the clove through a buncha small holes so that the garlic comes out in lil' pieces, but you could also just cut it up) to the diced-half. Let these cook for like a minute or so before moving on.
(1/2)
>>
>>27254
>>27330
(2/2)
Whisk your eggs one last time and then pour the eggs over the diced veggies half of the pan. Let it cook for a lil' while periodically sliding your spatula under the bottom to make sure it's not sticking to the pan (having a non-stick pan will really help with this part!).
Eventually you're gonna want to flip the eggs. This will be tough, because you've got a lot of eggs and your spatula is probably relatively small compared to them. Recently I've started trying to do this by doing the thing where you flip the eggs with the pan, which is fun but scary. I'm getting better though, so I'm gonna stick by it. I try to get it so that one half flips onto the other, but you can go for the full flip if you want. If you do my method you will need to flip the, now folded, eggs one more time before you're done.
Anyway, you're basically done now. At this point I put a couple of bread slices into the toaster to have with the meal. Let it cook a lil' more and then transfer to plate and enjoy! I put a pic of it on the plate as you can see.
Just one last thing: this meal started out as just potatoes and grew into what it is now via experimentation, so I encourage you to be creative if you try this!
>>
File: plated.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
plated.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>27332
whoops! forgot pic'
>>
>>27337
That looks pretty good.
Have you tried using you recipe with the spanish omelette cooking method?
Because the way I see it you basically make a spanish omelette but you scramble the eggs instead of letting them take the shape of you pan.
>>
File: 20160630_213434.png (1MB, 1080x1246px) Image search: [Google]
20160630_213434.png
1MB, 1080x1246px
Welcome to flavor town boys
>>
>>27367
Thanks, and I guess I haven't, because I don't know what that method is! Lemme look into it.
You're right, it is pretty similar, and in fact, usually my eggs are less scrambled than they turned out to be this time. There are some complexities to the spanish omelette that I wouldn't want to add, because I like the simplicity of the dish (particularly for hangover mornings).
>>27370
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
>>
File: P_20161008_191738.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161008_191738.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
I'm making some tasty ass chili.
>>
>>27370
OH SHIT SON
>>27382
Yeah, for hang overs I just rather to caffeinate myself and eat a lot of candy plus some pain killers usually do the trick.
My favorite low effort high quantity meal is cabbage with ramen, I'll show you later.
>>
File: 1470590583850.jpg (30KB, 455x628px) Image search: [Google]
1470590583850.jpg
30KB, 455x628px
>>27254
It doesnt look good at all
>>
>>27489
don't be rude
>>27406
excited to see the cabbage+ramen dish, even though cabbage isn't really my thing.
>>
I like cooking, but it is very inefficient in terms of time & money to cook elaborate meals for one person.
>>
>>27489
no bully pls,
>>
I have just made for myself one omelette du fromage.
>>
>>27299
I just had that for dinner.
>>
File: Spaghetti.png (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti.png
152KB, 640x480px
>>27254
Looks like it'd be tasty for something cheap, enjoy it.

I buy dollar-store brand chili (family dollar has good chili for $1 a 15 oz can) and those massive blocks of velveeta cheese, mix some cheese into the chili and microwave it, and it's delicious. Eat it on chips, it's just under $1 a meal with half a can of chili, enough cheese to make it taste amazing, and chips to eat it with. It's like the Chili's Queso dip I used to get when I had enough money to eat out on dates, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Velveeta is good for a lot of stuff, I use it with spaghetti too, I'm guessing it's similar to what you have on your plate.
>>
>>28040
Ok now that i'm shitfaced o can tall you.
It wasn't that good.
The fake spam was so salty, so fucking salty. I mena it was alright but it truly was off brand.
Now I wish I've got Kraft Mac and Cheese since that's better than the spaghetti I got but the pasta was alright.

The off brand gatorade was the best, hands down.
Like I said before it was too much for lunch so I also had that for dinner and it was alright.
It was an alright meal, next time I'll make my favorite ramen and cabbage meal.
>>
File: 1472697403364.png (236KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472697403364.png
236KB, 474x360px
>>27954
This is just spaghettis with fake meat and sugary water, you deserve better.
>>
>>28051
I odon't deserve better,
I deserve to die ad to live in constant pain.
>>
>>28057
no u don't senpai
>>
>>28065
Maybe you are right but i'm pretty drunk so i can't make good judgements.
>>
>>28091
yo my boy i am >>27330
we are both drunk now
>>
>>28099
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WE DRUNKBOIZ
Good shit my dude.
>>
>>28115
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawait hold up aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Tonight i'll show you my "Special lonely student with too much time on his hand Super Ramen!"
>>
>>28181
Yeah yeah, cook it up boy.
>>
File: 1475003567480.png (221KB, 756x772px) Image search: [Google]
1475003567480.png
221KB, 756x772px
>>27254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtJ0s5h71eU
>>
>>28200
fuckin dubs
FUCKING
DUBS
MY
MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>28222
yes YES
YESSSSSSSSSSSS
FUCKIGN YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
FUCK EVERY THAT ISN'T ME
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>28222
>>28223
This is the official drunk thread.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.