[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, fuck this board! What is Hiroshima even doing? Someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1468799541191.jpg (154KB, 680x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1468799541191.jpg
154KB, 680x1384px
Holy shit, fuck this board!

What is Hiroshima even doing?

Someone call up moot, we clearly need him back.
>>
Moot quit the internet. He's impossible to contact
>>
>>22817
I don't necessarily think /vip/ is a bad thing. I think the clover shit should be deactivated for every board except /vip/, and that's it. There's nothing wrong with supporting the site. moot and clearly hiro as well, strongly felt (or feel) that donation drives aren't something they want to do (nor is it a great way to keep this place afloat long term), and passes are the closest thing to that that we can get to support the place. /vip/ really isn't as terrible as others are saying it is.

But I agree moot should come back. If there's an issue with the servers he can't pay and he may have to delete boards, I wonder what the fuck he is even doing. I trust moot a lot more than hiro, and moot himself said he fucking made sure 4chan had the ability to survive him for a long fucking time. So what did hiro do that fucked that up so bad? moot said that the infrastructure is there, 4chan isn't in the red and is financially stable.

If he needs to delete boards, then hiro should fucking delete all the new ones he made. I wonder if moot even talked to hiro about the way he ran the place. Long requested boards like a history board (which exists now) or like anime retro (doesn't exist, thankfully) or "board+general" (thank fucking god no more were added) were all things moot didn't want to do because we had a good thing going with the current list we had and he didn't want to fracture the boards we have to any degree.

If Hiro is irresponsible enough that 4chan is in danger, he should fucking nix the boards he created to lighten the load. If he hypothetically didn't introduce more, and created /vip/, I think a lot of people wouldn't have taken this boards creation as bad as they did. But the fact is he did, then whined about finances, then created /vip/

From all the tweets he made it's clear he's over his head and thinks he 'failed'. He needs to just fucking stop, let the current oldfag admins that were with moot since 2003 run things the way they've always been run.
>>
>>22835
I very seriously doubt load is an issue and that deleting boards will do much of anything. Everyone keeps talking about deleting the slow board, which hardly use any traffic; that will solve literally nothing.

If Hiro is actually (for some reason) worried about traffic and bandwidth, he needs to remove the boards that are using a high amount of bandwidth for the lowest amount of users (image dump boards like /aco/ come to mind).

I, obviously, am not familiar with 4chan actual current financial status; I listened to moot's goodbye video and he did in fact say that 4chan had been set up to remain in the black and that there shouldn't be any major fires. How, in just a couple years, we're at the point where Hiro thinks the site is failing is beyond me.

I would love if Hiro was a bit more transparent on this and we got someone in place, or at least advising him on how, to fix this shit.
>>
>>22867
I doubt it too; I only mentioned that in the context of what Hiro himself said, and like I also mentioned, I trust what moot said before he left. I don't think 4chan is in any danger even if Hiro is mismanaging things bad. At least not for a couple years. Say what you will about moot, he was still very smart and knew how to handle 4chan. One of the few people who really could have reigned this site for as long as he did and keep it as close as he did to his original ideals about what this place should be used for.

And even if they were to delete boards, not all of the ones Hiro made are that slow. I'd still rather see any of them go rather than any of our current established ones. Like you said, getting rid of slow boards like /vr/ or /n/ or /p/ won't solve much. Just pointed out the irony that Hiro is saying shit about traffic while himself continually creating new boards in such a fucking short timespan.

>I would love if Hiro was a bit more transparent on this and we got someone in place, or at least advising him on how, to fix this shit.

I wish we had that, that would be great. But he barely speaks english at a competent level. I still think he needs to get on it, or at least bring in RapeApe to be the mouthpeice of what he wants to say, because he'll at least be able to phrase things and put things out there properly.
>>
I bet moot bought a 4chan Pass. I'll also bet he browses and posts on the regular as anon.
>>
File: 1468787532280.jpg (70KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1468787532280.jpg
70KB, 500x628px
>>22877
Yeah, I agree with you, I wasn't really attempting to call you out on any of that.

I guess I'm just upset with how all of this is being handled and all the dumb changes that have been made recently.

Fuck it, I'm just going to go get high and play some a game or something. Fuck.
>>
>>22888
Sorry if it came out that way, wasn't my intention, just didn't know how to phrase it.

I mean I really don't think /vip/ is inherently that bad, if it stops at this, but Hiro has some strange ideas on how to make money and I really hope that at least some of the oldfag admins are able to handle him and steer him. If Shkreli (which we know now was rejected) was 100% super serious in buying and Hiro actually wanted to, I'd seriously hope they'd be able to tell him to fuck off and not pursue that. I don't like any of the scenarios he's suggested for making money, either.

But yeah, if /vip/ is where the buck stops and nothing more extreme is added, there's nothing bad. Just wish it didn't come in the context of Hiro saying that 4chan was in danger which I don't believe at all.

I'm totally with you though. I'm upset about things as well. I'm just in too deep now, I and many other people have been here for almost a decade (some longer) and I really just don't want to relocate, even to a somewhat suitable clone. We are here forever, after all. I really wish we got a transparent and open owner like moot who would just keep things chugging along like they always have been.

I don't blame moot for selling the site. He made it clear he was tired and wanted to step down. But I think he just was too tired and didn't take enough time vetting the people he was to sell to, including Hiro. On paper, it makes sense, but what we've seen so far hasn't been great. Doesn't fill me with confidence, but what can you do. It could be a lot worse, but the thing is, it could be a lot better too. Oh well.
>>
>>22817
>What is Hiroshima even doing?
>Someone call up moot, we clearly need him back.
Good going goy, you fell for moot's trap. In reality moot never actually sold the site and instead is still running the site from the shadows. Hiro is just hired as a scapegoat and public relations officer, with moot paying his debts off in exchange.
It's not Hiro you should be blaming, it's moot himself.
>>
File: ibetthejewsdidthis.jpg (66KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
ibetthejewsdidthis.jpg
66KB, 533x800px
>>23229
>>
I can't believe I fucking did it.
I remember all those years ago laughing at Goons for paying (5$LMAO) to post on SA.
Now here I am.
I just don't want 4chinz to go away.
And if it means paying 20 bucks so that Hiroshima gets his hookers and blow, so be it.
>>
>>22826
>moot
>capitalized m
How could you forget?
>>
>>23284
It's the first letter of a sentence. There is nothing wrong with that
>>
>>22908
>>22877
>>22867
I don't think moot was counting on 4chan getting in the news again so soon. I also think moot is incurably optimistic.

I do think it's possible Hiro is exaggerating, but I also think it's very possible that 4chan's financial state is pretty poor.
>>
>>23284
Syntax before semantics
>>
File: moot tom149369.gif (137KB, 421x451px) Image search: [Google]
moot tom149369.gif
137KB, 421x451px
> bringing back moot
>>
rip in peace
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.