[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So from what I see this is basically /b/ without the cancer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

So from what I see this is basically /b/ without the cancer, and somehow this is a bad idea?
>>
File: tumblr_n5ltxzFCQ51t9gay8o1_1280.jpg (74KB, 1024x595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5ltxzFCQ51t9gay8o1_1280.jpg
74KB, 1024x595px
It's kind of like a mix of current /s4s/ and some of old /b/, except there's only a fraction of the posters.

I initially hated the concept of this board, but now that I look at it as an easy going and slow shitposting board, it's kind of pleasant.
And it's not like you really lose out on not being able to post here, because fucking look at this place.

Pic is unrelated, it's just a rifle I felt looked nice.
>>
This entire board is essentially a forced meme
>>
it's pre-october /qa/ without the implied meta theme
>>
>>14460
qa started sucking big ones around mid 2015 after 8gag and pol found it.
before that it was best board.
>>
once the meta dies down this board will be great
>>
>>12061
the poor don't generally prefer to be called "the cancer" but yes, quite.
>>
>>12809
That is a nice rifle
>>
>>12061
>without the cancer
i only see cancer when i browse this board.
>>
This is actually a good way to filter out underageds. They don't have access to credit cards or buttcoins.
>>
>>12061
I love how faggots like OP think there will be some oasis of non-shitposters and being "cancer free". Fuck off with that shit. Grow a pair and just realize people will just shitpost no matter what on the internet.
>>
File: Colt 601 Repro.jpg (106KB, 1024x458px) Image search: [Google]
Colt 601 Repro.jpg
106KB, 1024x458px
>>16564
I really like AR-15s with fixed carry-handles a lot, it's a solid mount for the sights, and it really gives the rifle it's classic recognizable profile.

Modern 'flat-top' rifles are more practical, but they don't look as sleek.
>>
File: tumblr_nph82b13yO1qlblm9o2_400.jpg (70KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nph82b13yO1qlblm9o2_400.jpg
70KB, 400x396px
>>12061
I really like the flags on /pol/, maybe he will just randomly add them here, that would be great...pls...
>>
>>16657
>tfw I am underage with a credit card
>>
>>16902
And have endless shitposts about leafs and kangaroos, no thank you
>>
>>16934
This, flags are fucking cancer, all boards on 4chan with flags are objectively bad boards with bad userbases and board cultures.
>>
File: 7587577 (27).jpg (69KB, 470x459px) Image search: [Google]
7587577 (27).jpg
69KB, 470x459px
>>16934
>>16965
I just like the visual distinction between posts so it's not just a wall of text

also you can click on names and see what else they said in the thread, so they don't have to keep saying who they are, and ppl can't suddenly pretend they are someone else
>>
>>16797
Problem with mounting optics on a fixed carry handle is increased height over bore makes for a really poor cheek weld. Way back when this was the only optics mounting option, they used to have replacement stocks with a built in cheek weld riser. Shit was awkward.
>>
>>16978
>what is anonymity
>>
>>16965
flags can be fun

>>16978
If it matters who they are, they can use a tripcode.
>>
>>16978
>I just like the visual distinction between posts so it's not just a wall of text
Well I hate to say this but you're in the wrong community for that, most people want anonymity here.
>>
File: 1454432710347.jpg (887KB, 1175x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1454432710347.jpg
887KB, 1175x1098px
does a $20 paywall really improve post quality?
>>
File: o0480048013497358854.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
o0480048013497358854.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>>16989
what is VPN and millions of ppl in every country anyway

>>16991
but it doesn't matter who they are in general, it's just helpful to know if you're actually communicating with the same person as a minute ago or if it's a completely other guy. tripcodes are for identifying a particular person, not who's who in a thread.

>>17012
it's still anonymous... there are millions of people in each country and anyone could display fake location
>>
>>16926
Rip. Have a nice vacation.
>>
>>17030
I dare you to shitpost and lose your pass privileges for 3 days.
>>
>>17034

No, it isn't anonymous. Your identity persists throughout the thread. You're supposed to judge each post individually. If you can't wrap your head around this then get out.
>>
>>17034
American detected. If you're from a smaller country you very much will be identifier by your flag. So much for anonymity.
>>
File: -vCo9l7RctQ.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
-vCo9l7RctQ.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>17095
it's possible, but this is still pass only, so it could very well end up differently.

>>17103
but you can't judge posts individually when you don't know whether it's the same person pretending to be five different people, or if it's actually five different individuals. at that point it doesn't matter how you judge them cause anyone could be 100% trolling at any point. you can't indentify serious peoply throughout the thread by following conversations.

>>17106
I'm from a small country, and a pretty despised one at that, yet nobody will ever identify me, because I don't post personal info. all they can do is call me names, and if they do that I know not to take that person seriously, unless we have no good way of identifying each other in a thread, cause then he can just keep trolling me, pretending to be someone else.
>>
>>17194
>I'm from a small country, and a pretty despised one at tha
israel?
>>
>>17213
nope
>>
File: 1475076217216.png (432KB, 845x428px) Image search: [Google]
1475076217216.png
432KB, 845x428px
>>12061
>supporting reddit features
>>
>>12061
I view it as /b/ without underage b& summerfags.

To buy a 4chan pass you need to be able to make online payments, which requires credit or debit card with bank account. Which people under 18 don't tend to have. Sure you could use gift cards or whatever, but it's already a huge disincentive. Schoolkids have to ask their parents to purchase a $20 account to post on a skeezy internet forum. Generally parents get anxious over subscription payments that could renew.

So all but the most dedicated underage summerfags are weeded out by the incentives at work here.
>>
>>17278
Underageds can have access to buttcoins though.
>>
>>17287
That implies them understanding enough about technology to use them
>>
>>17439
Also having money.
>>
Honestly right now it feels like the first few days of /trash/ except SFW. I guess if it stays decent having it around wouldn't be terrible, but the classist change in tone isn't healthy.
>>
>>12061
There's not really anything thats drawing me in other than a few posting features that will wear out their novelty once we've figured them all out.
>>
>>16685
Shitposting is a mixed bag. The under-15 crowd that can't buy a pass is unredeemable.

>>16978
>I just like the visual distinction between posts
Is that why you avatarfag as that thing?
>>
File: AR15 Retro.jpg (152KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
AR15 Retro.jpg
152KB, 1280x852px
>>16983
On a lot off setups this was awkward, but I'm an iron-sights kind of guy anyway (astigmatism), so optics really aren't my thing.

Plus, I think some of the old CAR-15 variants looked pretty snazzy with those little tube optics on top of the carry-handle, even if that gave you an awfully tall sight-picture.
>>
The best thing about this board is how relatively slow it is. In slower boards, things stick around for longer, which is good. People are more likely to put effort into their posts if it's going to stick around for more people to see. Stuff that people like sticks around for longer, so more people see it, leading to a more unified board wide culture.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.