[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible for a simple human to become a fucking Lord,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 41

File: gwyn.jpg (75KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
gwyn.jpg
75KB, 1024x640px
How is it possible for a simple human to become a fucking Lord, create the strongest kingdom of his time and develop the most powerful magic ever, capable of killing dragons as if they were flies?
>>
Wasn't human.
>>
>>14471
It's not, that's because it's a video game
>>
He's got a 3 foot dick
>>
Who said he was human?
>>
>>14475
>>14472
Lol play the game you fucking retards.
>>
>>14471
He's a Lord/God/Giant guy.

Those were the original human, the one who are like us were born from the pigmy a tiny Lord/God/Giant guy.
>>
File: a.png (342KB, 869x349px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
342KB, 869x349px
>>14472
>>14475
But he was. He simply found a Lord Soul.
>>
>>14471
Convoluted time
>>
>>14478

Literally nowhere in your picture does it say he was human.
>>
>>14479
That's already a meme, Double O Four.
>>
>>14471
Except he wasn't a human, you fucking moron. Humans are descendants of the pygmies who found the Dark Soul.
>>
Everyone was a hollow at one point, even the Lords and Humanity

Better question is where the fuck did all the lords come from? Pygmy split his soul up to make us, but Gwyn sure as hell didn't
>>
>>14482
>pygmies

So wait there's more than one Furtive Pygmy now?
>>
>>14483
>Better question is where the fuck did all the lords come from? Pygmy split his soul up to make us, but Gwyn sure as hell didn't
Waiting for a proper answer too!
>>
>>14483
What do you mean? You mean Lords like the big bads in DS1?

There were four souls found in the flame, three Lord Souls went to Gwyn, Nito, and WoI and the furtive pygmy found the Dark Soul.

The Four Kings and Seath possessed a shard of Gwyn's Lord Soul.
>>
>>14483
Yes he did. He split his soul with all the gods of Anor Londo and even to other people/creatures like his black knights and Seath.
>>
>>14486
I think he means where did the four lord souls originate from
>>
>>14488
From the First Flame, did you even played the first game?
>>
>>14488
That's a dumb question because it doesn't really matter.

They were born in the First Flame. I guess they embody the disparity that the FF brought?

Why the exist doesn't ultimately matter though, they simply drive the plot.
>>
Dark Souls is the only one that's canon, by the way.
>>
>>14488
it's like asking why did the big bang happen. nobody knows and

it's a fucking video game

not to mention now that 3 and it's dlc are out the continuity between all the games are so fucked with overlapping shit and retcons and loose ends.
>>
>>14491
Who is Gwyn's first son?
>>
File: 1489018458232.jpg (26KB, 481x291px) Image search: [Google]
1489018458232.jpg
26KB, 481x291px
Who cares about humans and lords?

Where did the giants come from?
>>
He found plot fire in a dank corner.
>>
>>14493
In DS1 he's a nameless nobody

In DS3 he's Nameless King
>>
How is it possible for a simple human to find their counterpart in this small world and live with them for the rest of their lives
>>
>>14494
I see Giants as the embodiment of the Archtree's in the Age of Fire.
>>
>>14478
Nope nope and nope

They're so called "gods" with power determined by souls. If your souls is bigger and brighter, you're stronger

Humans originate from furtive pygmy. Their souls originate from dark souls. They represent abyss, human souls called "humanity" is black. You can see free, roaming humanity entities in abyss in ds1

That was true until ringed city dlc, where Gwyn had dark soul all along
>>
>>14494
They just exist?

They're probably just monsters that happen to be more "human."
>>
>>14478
>so it's been clear he'd been king long before that moment

Completely fucking stupid. There's no indication anything but dragons, ash, stone, archtrees and hollows existed prior to the first flame.
>>
>>14493
The Nameless King, of course.
>>
>>14501
My assumption is that the Lord Souls "created" Gwyn, the Witch, and Nito as we know them and that they were primitive pygmies or hallows before that.
>>
>>14497
This is 4chan, mate. You'll never find a proper answer here.
>>
File: latest.jpg (138KB, 355x462px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
138KB, 355x462px
Is Crestfallen Warrior the most redpilled character in the whole saga?
>>
>>14505
No, Logan-senpai is.
>>
>>14494
giants came from across the ocean in a different land. vendrick went across the sea and stole something allowing aldia to create the golems. King of giants got pissed and waged war, came over to drangleic and pushed everyone's shit in.
>>
>>14507
We don't know where "across the sea" actually is. We don't even know if Drangleic is on the same landmass as Lordan or Lothric. For all we know the giants could have came from either of those lands.
>>
>>14507
Vendrick stole the Throne of Want at Nashandra's behest.
>>
>>14509
What exactly is the Throne of Want anyway?
>>
>>14508
it's just one of the numerous loose ends the series has. It's just a plot point to drive the story forward.

I'd personally like to know why none are in Dark Souls 3. Yhorm isn't the same "giant race" as dark souls 2 becasue he has a face so were are all the giants?
>>
>>14510

The Kiln of the First Flame would be my best guess
>>
>>14511

The Giants in DS2 are going hollow the "hole" might just be their form of a darksign
>>
>>14510
Who knows. In the game data it's called the Firelink Throne
>>
>>14511
Yhorm has a face? Seriously? I need proof.
>>
>>14515
Play the game
>>
>>14511
>Yhorm isn't the same "giant race" as dark souls 2 becasue he has a face
I think giants just got a redesign because their faces looked like buttholes.

>>14515
He has glowing eyes instead of a hole.
>>
File: yhorm-face.jpg (29KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
yhorm-face.jpg
29KB, 351x500px
>>14515
>>
>>14507
I got shit from some anon yesterday for this, but I am very certain that Drangleic is on a different continent and 2 is designed to show how the shit that happens in Lordran affects the whole world.

Also what he stole was the Lordvessel, you see it busted up in the Majula houses basement.

Why Lordran sent a legion of giants to fight them I do not know, I think they mist have just been in power at that age.
>>
Wasn't The Rotten supposed to be in the Undead Crypt but then they put him in Black Gulch?
>>
>>14519
>Lordveseel = throne of want because I said so
>The most important relic in the entire universe is busted up in a shack in a local town

Are you vaatividya?
>>
>>14499
Wait what? I thought that Dark soul was Furtive Pygmy's Lord soul, how is that Gwyn has it?
>>
>>14519
>>14512
>>14514
>>14509

see this is why I like the lore for Souls. Everyone has their own theories and headcanons and talking about it just questions your own interpretation of the lore.
>>
Actually Gwyn was a giant, not a human, all the other lords were, that's why the furtive pygmy was called pygmy, because he was smaller than the others. Besides humans are descedant of the Dark Soul therefore there couldn't possibly be humans when Gwyn found the Lord Souls.
>>
>>14471
he was just a hollow who found a nice soul that made him strong and stuff
>>
Why is Dark Souls 2 such a mess, /v/?

ttp://darksouls2.wikidot.com/unused-content
>>
>>14521
>Lordveseel = throne of want because I said so

I didnt say that. Im saying what Vendrick stole from the Giants is.

>The most important relic in the entire universe is busted up in a shack in a local town

That was the general consensus from the community when 2 was out. Some anon even took the textures of the busted pot and put them together and it is straight up the Lordvessel.

>Are you vaatividya?

Fuck no anon
>>
>>14524
Gwyn is not a giant because the actual giants are far bigger than him and his ilk. They are a different race called gods because that's what they are to the common people.
>>
>>14526
Wasnt it halfway completed then scrapped? I think they had a year to complete it if I remember correctly. Compare that to BB which was being worked on right after DaS released.
>>
So what exactly do we know from the final dlc that we didn't know before already?
>>
>>14527
Vendrick stole the throne of want, so you are saying the throne of want is the lordvessel.

Dark souls "lore" is so fucking garbage lol. Hackazaki clearly never wanted to make 2 or 3
>>
Is the bridge ontop of Farron Keep with the lightning spell and the dead dragon supposed to be a shoutout to the Dark Souls 1 intro cinematic?
>>
>>14526
>looks at 1 and 3's unused content
>about the same as 2's

WOW DARK SOULS 2 SURE IS SHIT AMIRITE /v/ !!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>14528
>Gwyn is not a giant because the actual giants are far bigger than him and his ilk

There are multiple races in the Souls titles that were called giants at some point.
>>
>>14471
He's not human, he's a god. Gods have fire souls while humans have dark souls. They were all pygmies at the dawn of time until Gwyn, Witchypoo and Nito found the Lord Souls and spread them amongst the other pygmies. The pygmies that were left behind became humanity after the furtive pygmy(so easily forgotten) found the fourth Lord Soul which was different to the others and spread it amongst the remaining pygmies. Gwyn and humanity have a common ancestry but he himself was never human.
>>
>>14531
How the fuck did he steal a giant ass slab throne
>>
>>14526
looking at this stuff just creeps me out for some reason
>>
>>14536
Hauled it overseas using slaves.
>>
File: sshh kid.jpg (140KB, 688x642px) Image search: [Google]
sshh kid.jpg
140KB, 688x642px
>>14471

The original state of every ""humanoid"" bipedal being was being a hollow fuck. Some found lord souls, someone found the Dark Soul.
Those who bear a part of the Dark Souls are knows as humans and what we know as humanity are just fragments of the Dark Soul.
The humans, or as the strongest among them and the ones with the greatest parts of the Dark Soul were called, pygmies were actually SUPPORTING the lords in their fight against the dragons. They were never credited in history, instead Gwyn "Granted" them the Ringed City, where they would be pretty much forced to stay and would eventually be forgotten about. Gwyn even left his daughter behind in there to keep watch over the Pygmies. She thought he would return but he never planned to. He's an ass and he was afraid as fuck of humanity and its darkness.
>>
>>14535
Then why he went hollow?
>>
Did Lothric ever link the fire?

I know Yhorm, Ludleth, the Abyss Watchers and Aldritch did because they all got ressurrected but I don't think Lothric ever left his house.
>>
>>14541
no
>>
>>14541
If he did, he would have been in the intro
>>
>>14542
>>14543
I thought so.

Pretty sad that they just decided the sick little fuck had to burn like that.
>>
>>14526
DS1 has more unused shit.
>>
>>14516
I did play. And like everyone else his fight lasted like 30 seconds.

>>14518
Well fuck me
>>
File: 1484252408941.jpg (41KB, 551x542px) Image search: [Google]
1484252408941.jpg
41KB, 551x542px
>>14526
>We didn't get Alonne Knight Armor(Clean)
Those fucking niggers
>>
>>14540
Because his physical avatar wasn't Gwyn any more. He sacrificed his soul to link the flame. What we fight is just a soulless husk.
>>
>>14545
>>14533
>“In ‘Dark Souls 2,’ we’re hoping we can provide more freedom so things don’t have to necessarily be done in a certain order… We’re hoping that if the player tries hard enough, or are willing enough, they could even start halfway through the game, depending on how willing or how brave they are.

I remember from the development videos that Dark Souls 2 was originally conceptualized to take place entirely in a cold environment. We can see this evident in early concept art, some of the teaser cinematic videos, and some armors like the titular Faraam set.

In one video, the same that gave us the original manikins with the white masks, we see the hero climbing a mountain to find a Skyrim esque dragon's nest, where a three eyed dragon awaits.

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/108077904704/dark-souls-2-early-dark-chasm-map-data-and-a
>>
>>14544
Lothric just decided he wasn't going to do it and would wait to die with the rest of the world in his castle.
>>
>>14471
Isn't the player character basically strong enough to do things like that himself by the end of these games?
>>
>>14528
>>14524
Miyazaki literally said some guys are bigger just to be intimidating. It's a gameplay element that creates a "whatever" hole in the lore.
>>
>>14540
Because he fed his soul to the dying First Flame to use his soul as kindling for the fire. Thus the First Flame gets more fuel and burns for a few more centuries. That's what it means the link the fire.

>>14550
I would do the same if I was in his shoes. His family already ruined his life over this linking the fire business and he's expected to kill himself too? Fuck that.
>>
>>14530
Literally nothing important.
>>
>>14526
Because Shibuya was developing it with PS4 and Xbone in mind while Namco kept insisting it be on PS360. Six months out from release it became clear that Namco weren't gonna let them make it next gen only so Tanimura had to take over as director from his co-director role and stitch together the shit they had into something that could run on last gen consoles, as Namco refused his requests for more time so they could go back to the drawing board and actually plan what the fuck they were doing. It's a shame, what 2 could have been sounds amazing. It was going to have a Zelda style overworld with the levels acting like dungeons but integrated seamlessly, and they were all like twice the size as what was in the final game plus numerous levels that were cut. The plot was going to be entirely about Vendrick, Aldia, the Crowns and the Shards of Manus but Namco thought the game sounded too dissimilar to the first so we got a rushed incomplete version of what they originally wanted slapped onto the end of a rushed incomplete rehash of the second half of the first game.

I'd like to see Tanimura direct something from scratch, he salvaged as best as humanly possible the dumpster fire that was Dark Souls 2's development and was co-director with Miyazaki and Otano on Dark Souls 3 which was also rushed as fuck but better showcased what he was capable of.
>>
>>14549

You do realize Dark souls 2 had a different director right? He fucked the game up really badly and then left From. Tanamura stepped in from assistant to lead and tried his hardest to fix what the first guy did. Tanamura did all of 2's dlc hence why they're better then the base game.
>>
File: 133.gif (37KB, 451x325px) Image search: [Google]
133.gif
37KB, 451x325px
>>14552
He probably took inspiration from One Piece.
>>
>>14510
Something connected to the First Flame somehow. I don't think there's anything else we can say about it.
>>
>>14522
He didn't. He's talking out of his ass.
>>
>>14511
The giants in 3 have butthole faces under their masks. It's probably a part of there hollowing.
>>
was vendrick a human or a god-person?
>>
>>14522
Gwyn doesn't have the Dark Soul. He's just a faggot who won the World War against the Everlasting Dragons so now he gets to tell the pygmies what to do.
>>
So, I never understood why Gwyn hated the dragons so much. Dude, chill. Can't you guys like, co-exist?
>>
>>14549
>>“In ‘Dark Souls 2,’ we’re hoping we can provide more freedom so things don’t have to necessarily be done in a certain order… We’re hoping that if the player tries hard enough, or are willing enough, they could even start halfway through the game, depending on how willing or how brave they are.

Yes, that's in the game and it's called being able to enter the Shrine of Winter if you called 1 million SM, and with the few ascetics you can get to 1M SM in an hour. Or just get summoned for a few popular bosses like Ruin Sentinels with a silver covetous ring.
>>
>>14522
According to people who've been able to play the DLC Gwyn did something to suppress the Dark Soul's power.
>>
>>14561
He was a human
>>
>>14532
What? Why does it matter?
>>
>>14557
He probably just did it because it makes his bosses easier to make.
Designing a boss that has a big hit area that forces you to use invulnerability frames is easier then a small boss that has to have a "fair" moveset, imagine if Friede had DaS1 poise.
>>
>>14518
He looked much better as a DS2 "but hole" giant in the intro video, he's just generic as fuck ingame with the manface.
>>
>>14561
He was a dude (human).

"Men will be free from death, left to wander eternally.
Dark will again be ours, and in our true shape…"
>>
>>14563
The Dragons ruled over everything. Who knows what sort of faggotry they were doing before Gywn grilled them.
>>
>>14558
I guess I could add: it allows for firelinking. Other than that, I'm not sure anything else can be said.
>>
>>14571
I don't know, his son got along with dragons pretty well apparently, plus the 2 true dragons we meet are pretty chill.. It really just sounds like Gwyn was a cunt and Seath was talking too much shit.
>>
>>14571
Weren't they just chilling on the surfacing doing literally nothing?
>>
>>14573
The Dragons were dicks, the whole world was trees and ash, uninhabitable for everyone else, they didn't want anything to change
>>
Which character's story would you like to play a spin off of the most?
>Gwyn's Four Knights doing stuff
>The Lords defeating the dragons
>Alva and Zullie travelling the world together
>the Burnt Ivory king being cool
>Greirat sneaking into places to steal stuff
>Sulyvahn fucking up everyone
>>
>>14574
They ruled over the world and Gywn challenged them. We don't really know much about that time.

>>14573
>his son got along with dragons pretty well apparently
And that's why he was disowned. My theory is that he fucked a dragon and fathered Priscilla, making Gwyn mad.
>>
>Dark Souls 0
>Play Gwyn Lightbringer in his quest to claim the First Flame and eliminate the dragons that took the life of his wife from him and bring freedom to the people of the underdank.
>Amass an army of Silver Knights, master the miracles of Lightning and Sunshine, broker a treaty with the Pygmen and team up with sidekicks Nito the Gravelord and the Witch of Izalith
>Explore never been seen areas like Land of the Everlasting Dragons, the old home of the Gods the Underdank, the First Abyss and many more

Would you buy it /v/?
>>
>>14565
Not really, Gwyn (along all the other Gods) branded humanity with the darksign because they feared the Age of Dark but they did not foresee that the curse of the darksign would actually make them immortal, impossible to be killed and impossible to die, because of that all of the Gods decided to ban all of humanity to the Ringed City forever and Gwyn put his own daughter, Filianore, in the Ringed City to make sure humanity would never leave the Ringed City. Needlessly Gwyn's plan failed spetacularly because the abyss would not so easily be contained and some humans managed to escape when all hell broke loose. But he actually didn't do a thing to supress the Dark Soul itself, probably because it was so strong he couldn't have done anything about it, the Pygmy Lords, who were in charge of the Dark Soul at the time still lived in the Ringed City because they're immportal, but obviously with the events of the DLC they were killed by Gael.

The story clearly shows us that Gwyn was the one that fucked up everything for everybody, including the Gods themselves, even if his intetions were good he pretty much destroyed the world by not letting the natural course happens. Like Aldia said Gwyn commited the first Sin by not letting the Age of Dark, which is the natural course of the world, happen, and on top of that he branded humanity with the curse that would make them strong enough to erradicate all the Gods that were left.
>>
>>14576
>The Lords defeating the dragons
This one. It would be awesome.
>>
>>14578
it would be a horrible souls game and the enemies would be all dragons which would suck
>>
>>14579
>Gwyn (along all the other Gods) branded humanity with the darksign
No that's utterly retarded. Where is the proff Gwyn did this?
>>
>>14555
Sounds fascinating, tragic and pretty damn accurate. Have you got a source for any of those, anon?
>>
>>14576
Burnt Ivory King saga or the brutal struggle of the Berenike Knights until they vanished.

Although I think the coolest side-story I want is something unrelated to the cycle, like some war between Astoran Knights and some other unseen faction, or the Demons fucking around and being hammered by an admittedly vicious population of Undead/Humans/Gods who hate demons signifcantly more than the inverse.
>>
>>14577
>And that's why he was disowned.
Well yeah but if the dude was getting along with dragons well enough to fuck them, it kinda proves co-existing was possible.

>>14575
I don't think we're ever told they didn't want anything to change.
>>
>>14582
Ringed City, Ringed Knight Armor description

>The armor of early men was forged in the Abyss, and betrays a smidgen of life.
>For this reason the gods cast a seal of fire upon such armor, and those who possessed them.
>>
>>14576
cuhhhrazyyy action game staring the four knights, iron tarkus, havel the rock
>>
>>14576
>the Burnt Ivory king being cool

This one and it's the most interesting piece of story from DS2
>>
>>14586
Are you retarded? The armor is literally burning with fire 24/7, that has no relation at all to the dark sign
>>
>>14586
Oh wow you are right. Gwyn fucked everything up. I can't believe it. Sorry about the earlier comment.
>>
File: ringed_knight_armor.png (27KB, 195x275px) Image search: [Google]
ringed_knight_armor.png
27KB, 195x275px
>>14589
Can't you read?

>and those who possessed them

Not to mention the brand is literally the darksign, you're the retarded for having missed this, it couldn't be more obvious.
>>
>>14587
>Dark Souls fighting game
Would you play it, /v/?
>>
>>14492

>it's a fucking video game

Then don't post on /v/ about it, my man.
>>
>>14585
Then why would they war with Gwyn and his ilk? Dragons were not presented as being ambivalent
>>
>>14589
No relation other than looking exactly like it.
>and those who wore it
is referring to the sigil, so they put the sign on the armor and the same sign on the people. Darksign.
>>
>>14591
>every single human being owns a set of ringed knight armor

DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>14596
Fuck, I'd want one
>>
>>14596
It's the armor of the early men, the ones who fought in the war against the dragons fucking eons ago. Jesus Christ man you're dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 1473464277038.jpg (170KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1473464277038.jpg
170KB, 2000x1333px
>>14591
People don't read dark souls items and then bitch about how Dark Souls has no story/it doesn't make sense.
>>
File: adenbrook-straw1.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
adenbrook-straw1.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>14598
>if I can.... just.... force people... to accept my head canon....
>>
>>14600
No he's right, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>14594
>Then why would they war with Gwyn and his ilk?
Everything makes it look like was Gwyn and his ilk who were attacking the dragons, while they defended themselves.

Being the retard he is he probably thought he had to kill the dragons to usher a true age of fire or some bollocks like that.

It was probably dragons who created the first flame in the first place. I mean, they spew fire. It can't be a coincidence that at the beginning there were dragons and trees, a thing that breathes fire and a thing that burns.. and then whoah fire outta nowhere??
>>
>>14596
>armor of early men
they gave the dark sign aids to their kids
>>
File: TRAGIC.jpg (1012KB, 1200x1244px) Image search: [Google]
TRAGIC.jpg
1012KB, 1200x1244px
>>14576
I would love something with Alva and Zullie, but I'm a sucker for tragedy
>>
>>14601
Obvious samefagging. Sad.
>>
>>14600
Im pretty sure that guys right anon, I think there was more evidence that it was Gywn that made the darksign which cursed humanity because he was scared shitless of them.
>>
>>14601
Just stop replying to him fuck
>>
>>14606
Why would Gwyn create the darksign which is explicitly the reason for everything going to shit for thousands of years?
No really in what fucking world is making your opposition immortal with the only downside of "if you give up you go insane" in any way good for you
>>
File: NewSun.jpg (137KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
NewSun.jpg
137KB, 368x480px
Same way this guy saved all of humanity
>>
Before this dlc I thought the undead curse was aids Gwyn spread to everyone when he linked the fire.
>>
>>14608

The idea was to block humanity from running rampant like it happend with Manus
>>
File: darksign.png (26KB, 468x231px) Image search: [Google]
darksign.png
26KB, 468x231px
hmmm really makes you think
what better way to curse your enemy than to make them immortal
>before dark sign when a human dies they're gone forever
>after dark sign they are reborn with infinity lives
definitely sounds legit if I had a hated enemy I would DEFINITELY curse them to immortality
>>
>>14602
>
It was probably dragons who created the first flame in the first place. I mean, they spew fire. It can't be a coincidence that at the beginning there were dragons and trees, a thing that breathes fire and a thing that burns.. and then whoah fire outta nowhere??

Funny, I always found it odd how this is never adressed. It is supposed to be all methaphorical and shit like prometheus giving humans fire?

Maybe seathe gave the lords the power of flame?
>>
>>14608
The seal of fire around the border of the void in the darksign is supposed to represent the abyss being supressed by the fire, or in other words, humanity being supressed by the Gods. Gwyn created the darksign to supress the abyss but the abyss was too strong, it's simple, making them immortal was a side effect.
>>
>>14612
Thats wasnt the intent though. It was supposed to stop humans from using the abyss.

Which didnt work.
>>
>>14609
Helping random folks and occasionally killing ancient tyrants and monsters?
>>
>>14608
I guess the idea was for it to be a "tap" from where the dark could ooze out thus preventing it from accumulating too much and creating shit like Manus.

Didn't work out very well. Gwyn was a fucking idiot who did everything wrong.
>>
>>14611
??????
You are making even less sense since clearly the undead curse was a thing in Oolaciel, again answer me this, how is giving your opposition immortality and then going "But well if you actually ever give up on trying to beat me then I win because there is nothing else I can do about you!" a wise strategic choice. Your headcanon is just flat out dumb
>>
>>14576
Play as a Peon during the invasion of the giants in draengleic, we get glimpses of it but i'd love to play a whole game about it.
>>
>>14579

It's funny because this means all the events of DaS 2 were just you trying to undo the effects of Gwyn's seal, Vendrick literally lost his mind trying to lift the curse because he had no idea it was a fucking seal placed by some dude ages ago.
>>
>>14615
>headcanon is inconsistent
really activates my almonds
>>
>>14612
It's not simply immortality, they turn insane from never being able to find release and lose their memories and life. It's not "they become immortal", it's "they become husks of flesh", practically mummies.
>>
>>14618

>You are making even less sense since clearly the undead curse was a thing in Oolaciel

Where?

Also I'm not the guy you're arguing with
>>
>>14613
Primordial Dragons didn't use fire
>>
>>14609
Pretty much a puppet.
>>
The dark sign brands the undead.

Not all humans are undead.
>>
File: 1488656211251.png (242KB, 370x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488656211251.png
242KB, 370x480px
>tfw you realize Gwyn is based on Zeus
>>
>>14622
Yeah, nah.
You are Gwyn, there is an entire race of people you fear. So the plan to beat them is instead of killing them all with your army of super knights, gods, death god, chaos witches and demons - no that won't do, the plan is to curse them to immortality. That way if they die 200-300 times they'll go insane... Yeah that'll work
>>
>>14626
There's humans (pygmies, dudes your size) in the souls games that are not undead?
>>
>>14618
Most of the undead degenerate and go insane. Loss of sanity is considered much worse than loss of life in the series.
>>
>>14623
>Where?
The giant hovering humanity spirtes and the literally dark and abyss spreading everywhere?

If not that then Kaath talking people uncovering Manuses grave.
>>
>>14612
>>14618
Gwyn never actually considered humanity to be his enemey, they were loyal servants to him (and judging by the events in the Ringed City still are), what Gwyn feared was the abyss and the age of dark so the primary objective of the curse was to prevent the abyss from spreading, if Gwyn hated humanity he would never have allowed them to link the fire in the first place.
>>
Fun fact, Dark Souls was originally going to be titled Dark Ring but the team in London changed it because that's slang for assholes.
>>
>>14631

>The giant hovering humanity spirtes and the literally dark and abyss spreading everywhere?

That's not the undead curse, that's humanity

Are you pretending to be dumb?
>>
>>14629
Most people who don't die at least once are completely human
>>
File: 1.jpg (28KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 300x240px
>>14632
>>
>>372556764

More proof that it's a man(god)made seal and not a curse
>>
>>14612
>if I had a hated enemy I would DEFINITELY curse them to immortality
No you got it all wrong.

Gwyn did not hate humanity and never considered them his enemy. What he was afraid of was the dark and he tried to prevent humanity from using it by placing a seal on them.
>>
>>14618
Humanity was supposed to all be locked in the ringed city, the abyss within them sealed. Why care about side effects like immortality if they are all going to be locked away in the end of the world?

Sealing the dark is basically sealing humanity, since humans come from the dark souls. Dying is part of being human. That might be why the branded are denied death.
>>
>>14619
>be a Drangleic knight
>hear about some big enemy nation that has started to wage war against you
>you go over because you would do anything for your king and queen
>the enemies are fucking giant tree men with long, gangly limbs and no faces
>one swipe of their arm is enough to kill half of your group
>their skin is as hard as wood
>this goes on for hundreds of years
>>
>>14621
If you cant figure it out for yourself and need help from a chinese imageboard you deserve all the confusion you can get
>>
>>14629
>There's humans (pygmies, dudes your size) in the souls games that are not undead?

Opening cutscene of DS1.

The dark sign brands the undead.
The undead are corralled and put in prison.
Humanity is treating this curse as a new thing, not as something that has always existed.
>>
>>14602
I mean Gywn was a dick too, but we have no reason to believe the dragons were anything but hostile, and again the world was largely uninhabitable under dragon rule
>>
>>14630
It's considered much worse by the HUMAN characters in the series, all the gods are dead of fucked off during the events of 1, gone for good in 2 and in a the entire world was a dream all long in 3 so who even cares.
Anon really how many times do we have to tell you that when presented with a choice of
a) Kill a dude and he is dead
b) Grant a dude immortality then kill him 700 times in the hopes that he goes insane
The logical option is a, if you really wanted to you could repeat a 700 times and be 700 times more efficient than b.

>>14634
So why do they respawn if they are not undead?
>>
>>14484
you visit the last enclave of them in the ringed city
>>
>>14641
I'm not confused because I follow the story as it is presented in game rather than creating my own fanfiction/headcanon to fill in the blanks.
>>
>>14644

>So why do they respawn if they are not undead?

Ok you're baiting, no one is this fucking dumb even on /v/

Stop replying to this idiot people
>>
>>14646
Except you're not, the game clearly tells you in a way that couldn't be more obvious that the Gods branded humanity with the darksign and you still refuse to accept it as a fact, if anybody here is creating headcanon it's you.
>>
>>14635
Simply because they haven't died yet. Once they do, they are undead. They have aids like everyone else, just not the symptoms yet.
>>
>>372556764
How does one become Undead?
>>
>>14484

Apparently pygmies are all the descendants of the furtive pygmi, basically humans (the "god" descendants from the lord souls are huge)
In the DLC you find the human city
>>
>>14650
Die at least once
>>
>>14648
>couldn't be more obvious

It could say "Gwyn branded humanity with the dark sign". Instead it says "Gwyn branded the owners of this armor set"
>>
>>14648
>Seal of fire = Undead Curse
Is some pretty fucking hardcore stretching you are doing

>>372556764
Where? When? Who ever implies this?
DS1 has plenty of characters who made the most of their undeath, none of them chose to become undead
>>
>>14651
Who was that one guy you meet before the first Ringed City bonfire?
>>
>>14644
Manus and the Abyss is considered much more terrifying than the Undead Curse.
>>
>>14655

What guy?
>>
>>14494
Seeing how Dark Souls' lore imitates Greek mythology, I'd guess the giants predate everyone else.
>>
>>14656
Clearly that worked out super well for everyone. Again anon your headcanon flat out goes against everything in the entire series except for a misinterpretation of a single line in a weapon/armor description.
>>
>>14506
Hmmmmm Hmmmm

I'll have to weigh this opinion carefully, hahaha
>>
File: onion.jpg (84KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
onion.jpg
84KB, 600x338px
>>14629
Sieglinde is an NPC who isn't Undead, according to her father
>>
File: OH, PRECIOUS BLADE OF FLAME.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
OH, PRECIOUS BLADE OF FLAME.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
Was he /ourguy/?
>>
Sacrafice everyone you know to demo like entities with godlike powers
>>
>>14478
>Found a lord soul
That's your fucking answer.
>>
>>14662
He's pretty edgy but who can blame him?
>>
>>14662
>fucked up everything that Ivory King did
Naaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>14654
"Hmm! Ah, oh… hello there.
Forgive me, I was just pondering… about my poor fortune.
I did not find my own sun, not in Anor Londo, nor in Twilight Blighttown.
Where else might my sun be? Lost Izalith, or the Tomb of the Gravelord… ?
But I cannot give up. I became Undead to pursue this!"

Solaire says it himself.
>>
>>14505
Its literally Hawkwood.
>>
>>14666

Speaking of Ivory King
>>
Story is so cringe compared to bloodborne....
>>
>>14503
I want to assume this.
But if this is the case, where did the other "gods" come from if they didn't find shit in the First Flame and why did Gwyn have an uncle?

Contrastingly, if Gwyn and the rest were all hollows, that makes even less sense, because of Gwyn having an intrinsic fear of hollows but still "bequeathing" parts of his Lord Soul to his knights and the other gods, that were what exactly?

Retarded.
>>
>>14488

The "lord souls" are the mechanism with which the first flame propagates itself.

These souls are "given" to whoever is around, then those entities use the lord souls to achieve great things but in the end the lord souls need to be given back to the first flame in the act of kindling it.

It's like some sort of life cycle of the first flame where it is ensuring its survival.

The dark soul is different because it is not related to the first flame. You can acquire many of them to become powerful or you can use them as paint to created a parallel universe, apparently.
>>
>>14530
We know that the Pygmy did fight in the war against the dragons, and were just uncredited because Gwyn suxx.
>>
>>14531
Vendrick stole the giants themselves
>>
>>14662
>my world is fucked beyond repair
>therefore I'll travel to another world and fuck it beyond repair

All of his actions were extremely well calculated, he did everything in his powers to fuck the world upside down and almost managed to if not for a brave unkinkled with incredible parry skills.
>>
What was the ringed city built for?
>>
>>14669
explain
>>
>>14669
What am I suppose to be seeing here?
>>
>>14676
play the fucking game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>14613
The First Flame probably a big bang metaphor, except we happen to know what existed before the first flame.
>>
>>14679
I don't have any money.
>>
>>14671
>where did the other "gods" come from if they didn't find shit in the First Flame

Not the same guy and I don't know about the rest but I'm pretty sure that every group of people who found the Souls of Lords are called something different. The people of Gwyn are Gods, the people of the Witch of Izalith are demons, the people of the furtive pygmy are humans and the people of Nito are just skellies.
>>
>>14478
Why you are using a screencap of a fanfiction as a citation?
>>
>>14675
In his defense, he was taught that prolonging an age is a really bad idea.
>>
>>14669
What fuck.

How did I miss this.
>>
>>14671

imho here's how it goes down

>everyone is hollow
>a few hollows stumble onto the first flame
>they grab the lord souls
>due to the lord souls they become get a huge burst of power, self-awareness and capability
>Nito is some sort of emo goth so he just starts collecting skeletons and giving them parts of his soul
>With of Izalith creates her daughters and then later on the chaos flame, which backfires
>Gwyn creates the race of lord with the power of his soul, by also giving out parts of it

In all of these cases the bits they gave away are relatively few.

Only the pygmy distributed it to a large quantity of hollows so it depreciated in power fast. Gwyn and the rest of the lords rationed it more sensibly so they retained considerable power.
>>
>>14671
Different anon but the only way the DS1 intro makes sense is
You have a base race A, some of them found lord souls becoming Gwyn, Witch of Izalith, Neato and the Pygmy
Gwyn rationed off his soul to make the "Gods"
Witch of Izalith rationed off her soul to make the daughters of chaos
Neato was a skeleton
Pygmy rationed off his soul to make Humans

Just common ancestry shit, everyone came from the same place but the whos lord soul someone drew power from determined their race (gods/humans/deamons/fuckingwhatever)
>>
>>14669
Isn't that the castle of the Ivory King?
Also, what exactly did the Ivory King actually do?
>>
>>14682
Demons came from the witch trying to make a new first flame and fucking it up.
>>
>>14662
Is he a Corvian?
>>
>>14688

He sealed the chaos the witch of izalith created
>>
>>14690
Not really, he was born inside the painting, the Corvians are not originally from the painting. As far as we know Sulyvahn is the only being to ever been born inside a painting.
>>
>>14688
He was based as fuck, loved by his rulers and even the shard of manus turned good because he was such a bro. He also sacraficed himself to stop the chaos.

Hes like a good Gwyn, I guess.
>>
>>14692

The corvians are the paiting people being turned by the rot
>>
>>14688
Saw the Chaos Flame popping up again, plopped down a castle right on top of it and beat off demonic invasions for ages, realized that he was slowly going insane because of it took his knights and slapped the chaos flames shit so hard that there are no proper "demons" in the entirety of DS2.
Demons like the Asylum demon and the lightning spear demons are present in DS1 and DS3, they are gone in 2 because the Ivory King and his knights went off and merrily genocided everything in the Old Chaos
>>
>>14671
Dark Souls 3 does suggest Uncle Lloyd was a fraud invented by Thorolund. If not, the reasonable explanation would simply be that the concept of families existed before they found the Lord Souls. I imagine this is likely true, and there were at least a couple generations starting with the initial hollows appearing from the flame, and then when the lord souls are found.

After all, there must have been time for the Witch to have seven kids, and for Nito to gather a bunch of skeletons.
>>
>>14686
>>14687
I was going to make mention of All-Father Lloyd being Gwyn's uncle, but it seems he was retconned out in DkS3 to be a literal fraudster. How convenient, Miyahacki.
>>
>>14682
They were all the same shit. Izalith accidentally created the demons when trying to create an artificial replica of the first flame. Gwyn and Gwyn people are big for gameplay and aesthetic reasons, that's all. Even Miyazaki himself said it. Nito is just spooky.

It's true the series has a deeper lore than meets the eye but stuff like that is just a random base to get things moving. It's "Ok at the beginning there were trees and dragons which were like ambiguous undefined things and then there was Fire and with it disparity: Life (Izalith) and Death (Nito), Light (Gwyn) and Dark (Pygmy)." That's all. Why they are as they are has nothing to do with lore.
>>
File: Hellgate.png (930KB, 1000x590px) Image search: [Google]
Hellgate.png
930KB, 1000x590px
>>14688
The Ivory King
>Was the best knight in a kingdom of knights
>became the beloved king of his own nation
>built his capital on top of a Hellmouth so he could personally fight to contain it
>turned a Daughter of the Abyss into a good girl through his genuine love
>had seven pets, at least three of which were giant magical ice tigers
>went into Hell itself when it started to become too much
>killed demons until he became the demons
>was aesthetic as fuck
>was in one of the few romantic relationships in Dark Souls
>>
>>14694
I thought they were created by Velka, no? They also appear in DaS1 and DaS2.
>>
>>14526
>Dark Barrier
>An elementary hex.
>Manifests a barrier of darkness around the user that reflects pyromancy flames

Goddamnit from software. Imagine how cool that would look.

Also this pyromancy sounds awesome. I once made a thread on the steams forums for dark souls about why we don't have any homing pyromancies.

>Fire Serpent
>An elementary pyromancy.
>Launches a fireball that chases foes

>>14547
that does suck but what's worse imo is how the Elite Cleric Set isn't in Dark Souls 1 even though Petrus fucking wears it and if you kill him he doesn't drop it. Such bullshit. The regular/non-elite cleric set is boring and ugly. Before anyone brings it up I know the set is technically in the game files but you have use cheat engine or some kind of hack to put it in your game and that's too risky for me.
>>
>>14691
>>14693
>>14695
>>14699
Huh, he does sound pretty cool. When you fight him in DaS2, what are you actually doing? Are you just there for shits and giggles, or are you resealing the Chaos or something?
>>
>>14627
Pretty goddamn obvious.
He even has like a hundred kids.
>>
>>14658
Giants and Titans aren't the same in Greek mythology.
>>
>>14701
steams forums for dark souls 2*

also I forgot to mention that you can't get the normal cleric set until you get patches back to firelink shrine (which means you have to beat Nito). Having to wait until that late into the game to get such an average armor set is bullshit. Considering the knight class starter set the cleric set should have been the started set for the cleric class.
>>
>>14702

What you fight is a husk, he along the black version of his knights got burned when fighting chaos so the daughter of manus asks you to put them out of their misery
>>
>>14702
You don't fight the Ivory King, you fight the Burnt Ivory King, the real Ivory King is long gone, Burnt Ivory King is like the super corrupted version of Ivory King, we don't even know if he still has anything from his previous conscience.
>>
>>14697

He could've simply not been an actual "uncle" but a senior figure in Gwyn's pantheon.
Hollows do not age or die properly so who knows what kind of relationships they have over eons where they roam around.
>>
>>14702
You fight the worst boss in the entire souls series.
>>
>>14471
>How is it possible for a simple human to become a fucking Lord
he found a lord's soul
>>
>>14669
holy shit, mind blown.
>>
>>14702
You are there to either
Get his Crown in order to go along with Aldias plan of just curing the undead curse for yourself and then just enjoying your no penalty immortality away from all the cycles
As a favor to the shard of Manus that was her queen, since he went insane. You are asked to kill him to free him, then given the optional task of getting back his knights's souls so that Alsaana could comfort them.
>>
>>14708
>Hollows do not age or die properly

I'm pretty sure they do, or at least did during those times, it's the darksign that prevents some of them from dying.
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>entire fucking series revolves around powerful souls and who attains and possess them.

>OP can't figure out why someone with one of the souls is powerful and amazing.

The entire world is in conflict over these things, you think they're fucking toys?
>>
File: Cold Queen.jpg (106KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Queen.jpg
106KB, 500x625px
>>14702
His wife asks you to mercy kill the corrupted remnants of him. What you fight is little more than a husk.
Imagine him at full power
>>
>>14471
That happens if you stay virgin for 60 years.
>>
>>14702
Chaos is very utterly and thoroughly sealed, even after you kill him and go back to the Old Chaos the only thing you run into are more Burnt Loyce Knights
>>
>>14716
Not so man, he had hella kids and was probably popping pussy left right and center.
>>
Why wasn't the Ivory King or Eleum Loyce referenced in Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>14712
Since hollowing and motivation in these games is a microcosm of intent, we were there for two reasons 1. To see things through and curiosity, 2. To get that fucking last hat and hopefully some closure on this bullshit.
What we got was an eternity watching nations flouish and than die until eventually nothing is left but two shitters fighting in a ashen wasteland over literal paint.
>>
File: Accumulation of Armored Undead.png (289KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Accumulation of Armored Undead.png
289KB, 640x360px
How powerful would a fully levelled Souls MC be in real life?
>>
>>14471
This is a Dark Souls thread right?

What skills should I level on a Knight? Currently around level 8 in DS1.
>>
Who else is loving this lorefag butthurt?
>>
>>14662

OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE
>>
>>14715
He's pretty directly assumed to possess immense power. He was sitting right in front of the Old Chaos, fighting any demon that even tried to come out, and was on the frontlines and "First to swing" in every war his kingdom waged in. I can't imagine how pants-shittingly bad it must be for his enemies to have fought an army and STARTED with the most devastating warrior in the kingdom, who is ironically the only one you will have any serious value in killing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
>>14721
Rich Piana is no longer human so he's probably a good comparison
>>
>>14726
IS THAT ADAM DUDLEY?
>>
>>14722
STR and VIT. Everything else is optional
>>
>>14719
Because Dark Souls 2 is a side story that has next to no impact on anything that happens in 1/3.
>>
>>14702
Chaos is sealed, thats why theres like, 3 demons total in DaS3.

Funny, there are very few characters in these games that actually succeed at something besides our own player.

>>14716
Waste of a post, kill yourself
>>
If Gwyn was Zeus, who were the Titans?
>>
>>14721
Well, since 12 strength passes fair for an adult soldier, and it can go up to 99, one assumes he would be several times stronger than a normal person.
Apply this to basically every stat with linear gain.
Not to mention a natural increase in toughness with leveling, as well as max HP being a few times higher than starting HP, it's safe to assume he could fuck basically infinite normies (starting area hollows, unscaled).
>>
>>14719
They were; Knightslayer Tsorig visited and killed all the Knights, taking their ring for himself.
>>
>>14731
The...giants?
>>
>>14729
B-but the Old Chaos wasn't fanservice!
>>
>>14731
Dragons fool
>>
>>14733
Damn, dude must have been in the Old Chaos for hours
>>
>>14734
Gwyn was a giant

>>14736
This is right

So maybe the dragon in DaS3 is Chronos?
>>
>>14729
>Because Dark Souls 2 is a side story that has next to no impact on anything that happens in 1/3.

you clearly haven't played the new dlc and even then in the main game there are tons of das2 references. Also read this >>14730
He's partially right even though there two demons left in the RInged City DLC but time is convoluted and all that jazz.
>>
soul power nigga
Gwyn found the soul of the Slayer of Demons from DeS in the void produced by the true ending
>>
>>14738
Gwyn was not a fucking giant. He's big because he would look like shit if he was regular sized, it's for gameplay and aesthetic reasons. Miyazaki fucking said it.
>>
>>14738
Gwyn was a god. Giants are a completely different race.
>>
>>14733
Tsorig is never talked about, but he's basically the Bloody Crow of Dark Souls, in terms of being an edgy donutsteel.

>tarkus armor
>fume knight sword
>killed all the loyce knights

Plus, he can actually fight against himself, which is pretty funny.
>>
>>14741
The Furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten...

Everyone is a giant before humans
>>
>>14739
>partially right

What? Theres the demon king, and the two demon princes.

Thats 3 nigga
>>
>>14740
But that doesn't make sense because the Ivory King found the Soul of the Old One and make a pimp sword out of it
>>
File: Pygmy.jpg (751KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pygmy.jpg
751KB, 1920x1080px
So who was this guy?
>>
>>14742
>Giants are a completely different race
There were many races in the Dark Souls universe that were called giants, in DaS1 giants are those big dudes in the fortress and the blacksmith in Anor Londo, in DaS2 giants are more like golems or something that look nothing like the giants in DaS1, and in DaS3 we have Yhorm who looks like an overgrown dude. Therefore saying giants were a single race is pretty stupid.
>>
>>14721
They're supposed to be similar to that of Greek heroes.
>>
>>14746
DSII NOT CANON REEEEEEE
>>
>>14744
No humans are just midget giants
>>
>>14745
i thought the death of the first two created the third somehow or something. idk how that shit works.
>>
>>14747
I don't think he's a pygmy, the pygmies in the end of the world area had crowns, he doesn't. He could be a pygmy that was banished by the others or just a regular dude that has no relevance to anything.
>>
>>14748
In the context of DaS1, there is a very clear distinction between the Gods and the Giants. Gods were pretty much massive humans with ridiculous power that was amplified by Souls and the AoF. Giants were these equally massive humanoids where were dull-witted and easily gulled into being laborers.
>>
>>14737
Arguably he didn't kill any of the knights, as those guys were pretty clearly on fire. The guardians of Eleum Loyce were the rampart golems and the frozen soldier things
>>
>>14471
>implying Lords are humans

Read some lore kiddo
>>
>>14750
too bad because it is canon. get fucked nerd.
>>
>>14740
This makes the most sense and also explains the Giants
>>
>>14471
>>14478

Humans have humanity.
>>
>>14752
Chaos has been sealed, no new demons are being produced, you see piles and piles of dead taurus, asylum/ and capra demons, the bosses you fight are just a few of the demons that remain alive.
>>
>>14754
There's a distinction in design, not in origin. That doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: Together.jpg (110KB, 811x513px) Image search: [Google]
Together.jpg
110KB, 811x513px
Where are they now?
>>
>>14751
>midget giants
That's a double negative
>>
>>14760
yeah I get that, I was agreeing with that early.
>>
>>14627

Zeus + a little Jesus.

Dark Souls is Christian-Greek-Norse mythology mashed up together.
>>
>>14762
still in majula eating some nice succulent pork by the bonfire, having a nice cup of estus, enjoying the sunset <3
>>
>>14740
Oh shit, I just realized that Bloodborne is what happens after the Demon's Souls bad ending, these games are all connected, very clever.
>>
HOLD UP

I THOUGHT HOLLOWS ARE JUST PYGMIES WHO FUSED WITH HUMANITIES AND BECAME HUMANS
>>
>>14763
Well pygmy giants.
>>
>>14636
He's completely right though. Humanity has always served the gods, even the Pygmies have (except for the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten). Read the item descriptions of the Slave Knight set, the Executioner's Greatsword, Gael's Greatsword, the Ringed Knight items, and so on. This is literally you not understanding a thing and telling people who do that they're dumb.
>>
>>14754
>>14761

giant in the DaS universe are obviously some sort of golem race
>>
>>14471
Easy: you write a cookie cuter story for a game franchise commissioned after the sleeper success of your 0 budget medieval masterpiece and toss it to the autistic fanboys who don't know the difference between passions and paychecks.
>>
File: 1489864357979.jpg (106KB, 941x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489864357979.jpg
106KB, 941x1280px
What if they redubbed the games with American actors?
>>
>>14471
How is it possible for there tk be someone else as powerful as the chosen undead???? When it's not like the game purposefully includes the notion that there are literally an infinite nukber of others constantly rolling rng dice at their life trying to become the most powerful. It's almost like a world with an infinite amount of time and possibility???? Fucking retard
>>
>>14721

The starting classes represent a strong, healthy, adult.

The characters become demigods as the story progresses. Since Dark Souls attempts to have as little break bretween story and gameplay, this is what you become in-game as well. You really are 10x stronger than a normal person.
>>
>>14760
I thought Dark Souls 3 implies that the Chaos Flame is slowly fading, just like the first flame they tried to emulate with it. I don't it's stated anywhere that chaos is still sealed.
>>
File: Bearer of the Curse.jpg (124KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Bearer of the Curse.jpg
124KB, 850x1133px
>>14766
>>14762
Seriously, the Bearer of the Curse is probably the luckiest Souls protagonist
>immortal
>not going insane
>too powerful to fuck with
>has a bunch of friends
>home is a comfy town
>has qt following him around that is absolutely loyal
>has a cute cat
>is able to go home after a long mission and watch the sunset with Shanalotte
>>
>>
>>14773
If it was American actors who were stage actors like the British actors apparently are, it might not be so bad. That's my favorite thing about Souls; the voice acting is consistently the best English voicing of any series.
>>
>mfw the arena where you fight the Demon Prince is the original Firelink Shrine
>>
>>14612
Gwyn didn't want the dark souls spreading. By locking the souls that already existed in one body and preventing them from splitting or multiplying he effectively did that.
>>
>>14779
>That's my favorite thing about Souls; the voice acting is consistently the best English voicing of any series

That's because it's the only voice acting in the game so they put all the money into it, it's not like most japanese games that have both english and japanese audios, Dark Souls only has english even in Japan.
>>
>>14776
Either way its basically gone and the result is no more demons and a tepid lake of ash
>>
>>14777
true, and the other women in Majula obviously flirt with him a lot. You see how Rosabeth and Chloanne talk to the Bearer of the Curse.
>>
>>14781
>>14770
Trying to reignite your lame argument 1 hour later. It's over dude, you got BTFO and everyone moved on
>>
>>14781
>preventing them from splitting
The Darksign and humanity spread a shitload tho, even if we take the Abyss version then Manus ended up splitting as well.

Still remains a poorly though out and equally as poorly executed of a plan
>>
>>14783
Yeah, not because of the Ivory King though. Making DKS2 completely irrelevant again.
>>
I wish they just explained what happened to the primordial serpents after the events of Dark Souls 1, even if it was to say they were dead.
>>
>>14787
regardless of what you say the dlc has confirmed that das2 is canon.
>>
>>14785
>Implying I didn't just find this thread

>>14786
Everyone makes mistakes. The games are full of people trying to do something they think will save lives only for it to blow up and make everything worse.
>>
>>14787
Yet again proving that anyone who uses any version of DKS instead of just DS is a complete retard
>>
>>14782
Yeah, but I'm also referring to Western games. Are there any Western series with voice-acting as good as Souls?
>>
>>14787
Don't know that though, it could have been a result of Ivory King sealing/trapping it if it is in fact the same chaos, or spawned from it
>>
>>14523
yeah, that would be nice, except soulsfags are super entitled, and instead of actually discussing, its just a bunch of shitheads yelling that people are wrong and only reasoning with "play the game" or "nice fanfic." Its open to interpretation. unless its specifically stated in game or heavily implied, it can be what you want it to be. though some answers are more correct than others.
>>
>>14784
>not courting best waifu Lucatiel
Lame taste desu
>>
>>14790
Nigga then scroll up, we went through this argument ages ago, no making your opposition immortal is not a good idea and it worked out exactly as well as one should have excepted.
>>
>>14795
She's not in Majula, and I don't recall her dialogue being particularly flirtatious.
It was nice for the Bearer to remember her name
>>
>>14792
>Are there any Western series with voice-acting as good as Souls?

Morrowind, most GTA games, Uncharted series, I'm sure there are more.
>>
>>14795
but...she goes hollow. She disappears after you see her one last time in the foregarden of Aldia's Keep ;_;
>>
>>14796
>it worked out exactly as well as one should have excepted.
It prolonged the age of fire by countless lifetimes of Gwyn. So yes, it did work out as expected.

Turns out making your opposition immortal works just fine if you convince them they're destined to be kindling for your reign extending dumpster fire.
>>
>>14505
No, Kaathe is the only one who actually seems to know what's going on and is straightforward about it.
>>
>>14789
I never said it's not canon, I just think it's a side story that's not important to the overarching lore of Dark Souls 1&2. I also think the series should have been a one off because the everything that came after Dark Souls 1 was stupid and lorewise.
>>14791
DS is Demon's Souls though.
>>
>>14797
>I don't recall her dialogue being particularly flirtatious.
lul, all she was interested in was swordplay, dishing out justice, her family, and she sounded kind of religous. Lucatiel was kind of like a paladin who's struggling with slowly being corrupted by evil (she even admits that she would draw her sword against us if it meant she could live).
>>
>>14796
Again, read the Slave Knight set. Gwyn wanted to suppress the abyss, not humanity as tools. They served the gods for millennia until almost all of them went hollow from dying so much. You talk about giving up, but you're clearly in the wrong here. This isn't vague lore, this is presented quite clearly.
>>
>>14802
everything that came after Dark Souls 1 was stupid and unnecessary lorewise.*
>>
>>14778
>we want the (one) pygmy boss fight in DaS3
>wow, there is more than one pygmy
At least Manus is the pygmy shit has been debunked.

Who else thinks Gael is the perfect end to the series?
>>
>Gael, a simple slave, becomes stronger than Gwn merely by consuming large chunks of Dark Soul pygmy kings had, not even a complete thing
>>
>>14541
no but he was supposed to. Instead he stayed inside with his angsty brother and watched deathnote and fucked all day. Thats why you had to go over there and spank his ass until he did, or in this case until you kill him and use his soul anyway
>>
>>14800
Gwyn died, his entire race got cucked by Men and in the end everything went to so much shit the only way out was to try and create a painted sub dimension to hide in, clearly things went exceptionally well for everyone involved.

>>14802
Yes, the well know games
Demons Souls's 1
Demons Souls's 2
and lest we forget Demons Souls's 3

As I said, anyone using that acronym is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>14799
Yeah, and Lucatiel's Mask is named after her, so the Bearer of the Curse kept their promise
>>
>>14802
Demon's Souls has no relevance in this thread or most threads these days. Also it's obvious if you're talking about Demon's or Dark Souls based on context and whether or not there's a number attached.

There's no reason to say "DKS2"
>>
So what the fuck is the profane flame?

It's not chaos, and it's not the lords' flame.
Seems like it's something to do with the Dark Soul, since it apparently came from the sky around the same time the Dark Sign sun stuff was happening. Gael has the same kind of dark flame in his face too.
>>
>>14788
Kaathe is dead in the Japanese version but for some reason that line was changed in the english one.
>>
>>14804
Where is it implied that the Slave Knights served the gods?
Again Gwyns fucking dead and the gods are gone, these are things that happened in DS1, Gwyn's entire character is that he is a fuckup and a retard, literally nothing he did ended up well for anyone.
>>
>>14807
Gael's likely at the peak of his power when you cut him down in the desert.
Gwyn was already a shell of his former self before you ever even escaped the Asylum.
>>
>>14810
yeah I've known about that for awhile. I'm glad that it was confirmed in dark souls 3. Maybe she's still alive and not hollow out there somewhere. Maybe she found the purging monument in The Ringed City :O
>>
>>14807
If you, a merely undead, could defeat an entire pantheon of Gods in DaS1 why not Gael? Also there was nothing ordinary about Gael and the fact he reached the end of the world should tell you that he's already pretty strong by himself.
>>
>>14779
I'm talking the American actors who dub anime games.
>>
>>14817
Everyone you defeated in Dark Souls 1 was in bad shape, well past their prime.
I mean, Gael just ate some old primate looking motherfuckers from the dawn of civilization, too.
>>
>>14809
>Gwyn died, his entire race got cucked by Men and in the end everything went to so much shit the only way out was to try and create a painted sub dimension to hide in
So exactly the thing Gwyn was afraid of happening and trying to delay, happened. Only several lifetimes after him instead of right away, so he succeeded in delaying it as much as possible.
>>
>>14819
>Everyone you defeated in Dark Souls 1 was in bad shape, well past their prime

According to the lore Nito was supposed to be just as strong if not stronger when you fight him during the events of DaS1.
>>
>>14809
>>14811
It's just a habit I picked up back in the day when Dark Souls 1 came out and everyone used it, there's no need to sperg out like that because of an acronym
>>
>>14819
>Everyone you defeated in Dark Souls 1 was in bad shape, well past their prime.
You defeated Manus who was powerful enough to tear time and space and also Artorias who was buffed by his madness and Dark.
>>
>>14662
He's one of the only major Dark Souls figures who isn't fought when they're at a fraction of their normal power. Kind of a shitter when you look at it that way.
>>
>>14823
Artorias was the single clearest example of "not at full power" in the series. His fucking arm was broken.
>>
>>14822
>everyone used it
Even back then only retards used it, DaS and DeS are easy to pronounce, DKS is the sound your empty head makes when you walk into a door for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>14821
Damn, guess releasing miasma against crippled dragons is all he's good for, because he sure can't fight for shit.
>>
>>14821
Don't think so, he's been sitting doing nothing since forever and the shit he does in the trailer is worlds away from the whiffle bats he swings at you in your fight.
>>
>>14825
He lost an arm in exchange for ability to buff himself with abyssal power and his other hand was for a shield anyway, and he looks like he had an extremely aggressive combat style.
>>
>>14821
Nito was getting his power sapped by Pinwheel for an unknown amount of time.
>>
File: 92yOCk9.jpg (691KB, 5400x5400px) Image search: [Google]
92yOCk9.jpg
691KB, 5400x5400px
Which boss had the saddest story?
>>
>>14812
Who knows? One of those strange new bits of lore. There's a theory that suggests its the Chaos Flame from Eleum Loyce, since it was found beneath a tundra by Sulyvahn. Except that doesn't make sense, because the Profaned Flame is described as unfading.

Its out of place, since explicitly, all fire fades. And it apparently only burns humans? It seems to have some connection to the First Flame, since Yhorm thought linking the fire would stop it. But yeah, I think its a dumb bit of lore from DS3.
>>
>>14829
The arm he lost was his sword arm, he was left handed.
>>
>>14825
Wasn't there some shit about him using his weaker hand when you fight him?
>>
>>14831
Gael suffered more than anyone in the setting given that he is most likely older than chosen undead.
>>
>>14833
only according to retarded dark souls 2 fan fiction "lore"
>how can we jerk off Artorias and make him even MORE of a snowflake? I know!
>>
>>14832
And didn't it get sealed in Eleum Loyce anyway, or is the bearer completing the DLC areas not canon like the chosen undead not killing Gwyndolin?
>>
At this point I want a new game and new world with new lore to uncover.
>>
>>14833
>The arm he lost was his sword arm
DS2 fanfiction.
>>
>>14831
The Last Giant; tried to save his people from Vendrick and Aldia, got defeated by some random shmuck from the future, and was imprisoned and crippled until getting killed by the same shmuck.

Poor guy was so pissed at you he ripped his arm off to fight you.
>>
>>14812
Profane flame is one of the many giant plot holes hackazaki deliberately left unanswered. Same shit with the serpents, giants, throne of want, painting world, londor, etc
>>
>>14831
Super Cripple Bros, Gwyndolin, Ceaseless Discharge, and the Ringed City endboss are all standouts.
>>
>>14655
Just another pygmy
>>
>>14838
I can't wait for Miyazaki's next project; I want another ruse to discover like how Bloodborne went from gothic Victorian horror to Lovecraft cosmic horror.
>>
>>14831
Maiden Astraea
>>
>>14836
>>14839
>only according to retarded dark souls 2 fan fiction "lore"
How so?

That's another piece of DS2 "lore" that isn't actually in the game, its headcanon that people made up just to have and excuse for not liking the game.

>Uncannily, every last one of the prominent swordsmen who inherited this weapon was left-handed.
>who inherited this weapon was left-handed
>inherited
Artorias did not inherit his own weapon. DS2 just states that the people who came after him were left handed.
>>
>>14820
>so he succeeded in delaying it as much as possible.
Yes, and in turn made thing worse for everyone, by prolonging the decay of the age of fire he gave faggots time to do crazy fucked up shit.
Hell even the gods got screwed over by prolonging the end of the age of fire, just look at how his kids end up in DS3
>>
>>14831
its not the saddest of course but turns out the Covetous Demon was actually a human once. Its just a story of unrequited love with Mytha The Baneful Queen. Covetous Demon guy loved Mytha but she didnt love him. Mytha was forced into marriage with some other highborn and he didnt love her, so she experimented with some some crazy potions and turned into a monster. Covetous Demon guy literally ate so much that he turned into that demon because he needed something to fill the hole that mytha left. So generic but yeah there you go.
>>
>>14655
He's certainly one of the Pygmy Lords.
Now how he ended up outside of their tower is a more interesting question.
>>
>>14848
i also meant to say turns out that covetous demon has lore :P. I feel bad for never considering if he had some sort of connection to Mytha. He's such a forgettable boss.
>>
>>14849
But he doesn't have a crown like the other Pygmy Lords.
>>
>>14655
Are you talking about the locust?
>>
>Giants escaped the cycle of undeath but developed holes for faces
>Knight Gael has a hole in his face that drips the blood of the Dark Soul
There must be some kind of link between the two.
>>
>>14852
No, he's talking about the one so easily forgotten.
>>
I think all the kings in DaS 2 had the power to make golems, you see them practically everywhere.
Also, Vendrick sacked the Shulva and tried sending men to rob what was left of Iron King's. Iron King died in his arrogance by his own creation. BEST KING went to fight Chaos, leaving his kingdom without a king. Then Giants came later to attack and Vendrick fled after realizing what his wife was, dying alone in the dark.
>>
Ringed City power levels are through the fucking roof.
You kill the last heir of entire demonic heritage, a bigass smart dragon who is a direct descendant of the most powerful dragons in setting and also buffed by the Dark, a church champion of the Gods and a fucking host of Dark Soul.

And that's on top of Harald Knights who are walking humanities with weapons, Judicators able to summon armies and Ringed Knights who are probably the single most dangerous knight order in series as even feared Darkwraiths are nothing more than their cheap imitations.
>>
>>14849
>He's certainly one of the Pygmy Lords.
>Now how he ended up outside of their tower is a more interesting question.

If he was a pygmy lord, then Gael would have sucked him dry
>>
>>14778
Humans are the dark. Humans have HUMANITY. The dark stone.
>>
File: CotIK_location_Eleum_Loyce.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CotIK_location_Eleum_Loyce.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>14669
I don't know how the fuck you niggas seeing the castle in this. It's just generic Dark Souls 3 castle meshes jumbled a bit.
>>
>>14855
Iron King had the ability to animate suits of armor
Vendric got that power by sending out knights to loot Brume Tower
Ivory King made a whole CITY with just his SOUL, the guy was operating on a whole new level, oddly enough his "golems" drink Estus.
Sunken King didn't have golems
>>
>>14856
Church champion is kind of a shit unless you happen to connect to someone REALLY good or foolishly bring ally phantoms.
>>
>>14856
>Ringed Knights who are probably the single most dangerous knight order in series as even feared Darkwraiths are nothing more than their cheap imitations

you can circle and backstab the Ringed Knights as easily as you could a Darkwraith.

Lothric knights were more dangerous than this, they had attacks that would punish you for backstab fishing.
>>
>>14860
What about the coffin warriors? I know it's a stretch.
>>
>>14806
I like him and his fight, but I still dont really get who he is exactly. If they had mentioned him literally once in the entire series I would have been more on board, but they kinda just make up a character right at the end of the series and you see him literally twice in the final 2 DLCs.
>>
It pisses me off that they never explained the Pus of Man.
>>
>>14863
You mean the semi-ghosts?
Explicitly humans who became semi ghosts to protect Shulva

>The Sactum Knights renounced their own
>flesh to eternally guard the sanctum
>from Sir Yorgh and his Drakeblood Knights.

Vendric was the only one that made actual golems, the soul absorbing magical kind
>>
>>14865
Man who cares.
>>
File: 1482176522748.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1482176522748.png
75KB, 325x244px
>Midir's phase 2 hits
>that music
>>
>>14596
its either you're retarded or you're pretending to be retarded
>>
>>14859
this
not to mention there's no way eleum loyce is close to earthen peak
>>
>>14869
>replying to a dead argument 2 hours later
Sad
>>
>>14870
>not to mention there's no way eleum loyce is close to earthen peak
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>14870
Yeah, all of the lava in Iron Keep would melt the ice and snow.
>>
>>14872
that's where that guy's picture is from
>>
>>14794
yup the general community is total shit. the fun part about the lore is interpreting it how you want. obviously there are some connections to be made, but yeah
>>
>>14874
Yes but the entire area is "Lands from all ages smashed up in one giant pile", I mean really for once the nonsense geography is actually explained.
>>
>>14865
in my headcanon that's what happens to a human whose dark sign gets broken. The ring of fire no longer contains the abyss within.
>>
File: 20170330012113_1.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170330012113_1.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>14669
wrong fucko

it's lordran pasted x4
>>
>>14876
>the entire area is "Lands from all ages smashed up in one giant pile"
where does it say that
>>
>>14879
>Lothric, Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge.
>>
>>14879
You can try to argue blue to be red all day because of your personal interpretations but at the end of the day you just come off a retard thats denying the obvious for the sake of it.
Even without the quote it's fucking obvious by just looking at the area.
>>
>>14881
calm down autist. i never said he was wrong
>>
>>14676
it was built by gwyn for the pygmy's to live in for their service during the faggotwars
>>
>>14879
>>14880
This.
Don't you think it's a little strange that there are about 10 gigantic castles within 2 miles of eachother?

The land is literally shifting
>>
File: earth needs to git gud.jpg (122KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
earth needs to git gud.jpg
122KB, 700x526px
OP have you seen humanity. We can build shit like giant metal birds and bombs that can destroy planets.
Fucking up the shit of a few emo dragons would be easy.
>>
>>14883
He gave the city to them under that pretense.

In reality, he just wanted to seal them away in a place that nobody would ever find.
>>
File: 1457037084066.jpg (51KB, 573x609px) Image search: [Google]
1457037084066.jpg
51KB, 573x609px
>>14478
>had an uncle name Lloyd
>literally one of the first being that came into existance
>uncle
>>
>>14879
Ringed City DLC
>>
>still no Vaati video to explain the DLC lore

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14885
It simply means we're so dumb we destroy the only thing that allows us to live.

FUCK YEAH, HUMANITY.
>>
Which series has a more convoluted lore, Dark Souls or Lord of the Rings?
>>
>>14889
He's busy reading through threads on here and plebbit, be patient.
>>
>>14891
Dark Souls. Is that even worth asking? Miyazaki literally makes it up as he goes.
>>
>>14471
I never understood how humanity came to be in this game. So people were soulless husks until they found the First Flame and the Lord Souls, becoming gods etc. okay.
But there were only four right? How did Gwyn get all his knights and shit and servants and such?
>>
Wasn't Gwyn's whole shtick being scared of humans and the age of humanity/darkness?
What the hell is this revisionist "he was a human lol" shit?
>>
>>14478
>Witch, Nito and Gwyn existed before they found souls

I will never understand Souls lore pre-Dragon War.
>>
File: margeonthelam.png (278KB, 621x471px) Image search: [Google]
margeonthelam.png
278KB, 621x471px
>>14892

mfw he is monitoring this thread right now
>>
>>14895
He wasn't a human, he was a pygmy like everyone else.
The Light Soul changed him and allowed him to birth a new race, the Gods.
The Dark Soul birthed humans, thanks to the Furtive Pygmy.
>>
Fear not the dark my friend and let the feast begin.
>>
>>14898
Then who were the Witches/Gwyns Knights
>>
>>14591
for a split second I thought that was the Quake symbol
>>
>>14894
>>14896
Honestly, I think everyone takes the Dark Souls 1 intro way too literally. It's just a creation myth used to setup the pantheon of the "gods" and the actual history of the world is contradicting it constantly.
>>
>>14900
Gwyn's knights were Gods (residents of Anor Londo and descendants of the Soul of Light, not Zeus "created the world" shit), and the Witches are their own kind birthed from the Soul of Fire.
>>
>>14831
Garl VInland
>>
>>14897
no I'm not
>>
>>14902
Genuinely curious, when has the intro ever been contradicted?
It's the one CONFIRMED thing we have to go back to.
>>
What if Gael is in reality Giant Dad?

Would make a lot of sense.
>>
>>14907
I mean he's a Giant Uncle in the end so it kind of works.
>>
File: veBvUyv.jpg (228KB, 1344x1400px) Image search: [Google]
veBvUyv.jpg
228KB, 1344x1400px
Now that Namco Bandai will finally let From be free from Dark Souls, what do you think of the trilogy of games?
>>
>>14903

Zeus didn't create the world though, he just usurped its kingship from his father Cronus who also did not create the world. Zeus is probably the strongest "real world" analogue to Gwyn honestly -- calls himself king/father of gods despite being a relative latecomer to the world, throws lightning bolts, lives on a mountaintop with all the other gods.
>>
>>14907
nah that was the Lost Sinner

>>14910
I don't know dick about Greek Mythology, but I just wanted to establish that gods in dark souls are just a race and not all literal deities
>>
>>14909
Dark Souls 1 is Miyazaki's Magnum Opus. 2 and 3 tried to recapture that magic but failed, although are still good
>>
>>14909

This image is funny because the actual dialogue it's referring to is even worse than that. SHE DOESN'T EVEN ASK A QUESTION. Her sentence ends with a period.

>>14911

That sounds pretty much like gods in Greek mythology. They're gods insofar as they're immortal-ish, more powerful than mortals, and everyone worships them, not because they have any particular transcendent quality or are particularly good or perfect or anything, and of course they're all related to each other.
>>
>>14896
I just imagine the Lord Souls to just be a power booster, and there was still civilization before them; it was just being oppressed by the dragons. And everything was gray.

Like, Gwyn finding the Lord Soul was like Arthur getting Excalibur. It wasn't some grand worldchanger in itself, it just gave Gwyn the power to overcome the dragons.
>>
>>14871
time is convoluted on 4chan
>>
>>14906
I think I worded that poorly. By contradicted I meant that the intro is full of half-truths and vague descriptions of events. Like the Scene where the narrator says "then from dark they came" and it's showing hollowed out creatures, but in the ingame lore gwyn had an uncle so there had to have been some kind of familial structure before the first flame appeared.
>>
>>14914

I don't buy this

>there was still civilization before them

at all. You can't have identity without souls, and you can't have civilizations without identity. And the dragons don't seem to have been oppressing anything. All we see of them is just them sitting there.
>>
He wasnt human, he was a hollow, like everyone else, those who got a share of the gwyns soul became a "god", witches got the "izalith witch" soul, nito was greedy and never shared his soul and humans got the dark soul. That's DaS1 101

DaS2 includes the Finito for Nito

DaS3 focus on the hollow truth by calling the gods the "old royalty", implying they never had actual divinity, but were just hollows with unique stronger souls compared to humans souls.
>>
>>14906
The Ringed City does say the Ringed Knights were there fighting the dragons, and apparently were the best at it. There should be another line in the intro that says; The Pygmy's Ringed Knights ravaged the dragons with the power of the Abyss.
>>
>>14916

Gwyn didn't have an uncle. Lloyd wasn't real, he was a fake god made up by the Way of White.

>Much time has passed since the worship of Lloyd was common in the Way of White. The clerics of Carim had always strongly asserted that Lloyd was a derivative fraud, and that the Allfather title was self-proclaimed.
>>
>>14917
I just assumed there were normal souls that existed before the Lord Souls were discovered. Is it explicitly said somewhere that all souls that exist originate from one of the four Lord Souls?
>>
>>14920
That's a retcon though, I'm strictly speaking about Dark Souls 1 in my post.
>>
>>14921

>Souls are the source of all life

as per like every soul item description, and the narrator tells us that "life and death" only arose from the first flame.
>>
>>14909
1 was great
2 was pretty good (despite all of the hate it gets)
3 was bland

7/10
>>
So why are the abyss watchers having a giant tournament that seemingly lasted a long time?
>>
>>14923
Yeah, but what I assumed was that when the first flame arose, there were lots of normal souls that came with it, and also four specific Lord souls that were found.

As in, the first flame appears, and so do the hollows, all with souls of their own.Time goes by and they evolve, and then a few of them find the Lord Souls.

I don't think every soul specifically comes from one of the lord souls. How do you explain animals in that case? Don't they give souls?
>>
>>14715
I want to fuck his wife. Is she still alive?
>>
>>14922

DS1 itself suggests that Lloyd is bullshit. We literally go to the city of the gods where Gwyn lived and held court, but there's no trace of him to be found there and he isn't shown in the opening cinematic. Meanwhile, he's linked to the religion of Thorolund, the Way of White, whose members are shown to be a bunch of lying assholes at best. I'll grant they don't come right out and say he's fraud, but the game offers no evidence whatsoever that Lloyd exists and quite a bit of evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>14918
>nito was greedy and never shared his sou

he still got it stolen by the pinwheel douches
>>
>>14928
I'm sad they chose a name like Lloyd for this character.
>>
What's the deal with the Wolf of Farron
>>
>>14719
Descendants of "a certain oracle" or something like that created the Profaned Flame. The person,stated to be an oracle in the series is Alsanna.
>>
>>14925
the abyss got to them
see the one with red eyes, that attacks the other two watchers? he's got abyss in him
and their retarded edgelord duty is to fight abyss forever and always like senpai artorias
>>
>>14925
Abyss watchers are sworn to destroying the abyss wherever it may be.

The abyss watcher with red eyes is corrupted by the abyss.

So they just keep killing eachother and getting reborn
>>
>>14897
Vaati if you are reading this then randamly say the letter V at the very end of your video explaining the ringed city DLC. Then we will know once and for all you lurk here without you having to admit it to the normies
>>
>>14931
Abyss watchers join their covenant by drinking the blood of the wolf.
>>
>>14931
Probably Sif's descendant, and his blood lets the Abyss Watchers channel the power of Artorias.
>>
>>14928
Maybe you're right, but I still think that the intro is just part of the prophecy of the chosen undead and that it's not meant to be taken literally. I could be dead wrong though, who knows.
>>
>>14471
it's all in the fire, babe.
>>
What were the unspeakable means used to create Lothric?
>>
>>14927
play the dlc and find out retard
>>
>>14940
Something involving bestiality, traps, and giant horse cock. All of which is canon.
>>
>>14929
That's what happens when you have lots of power but no ambition, people will take advantage of you.

One thing its mostly speculation of "what if" is that the witch of izalith was tying to take the ruling power from gwyn, while that is never stated what would happed ig she actually succeeded in turning her soul into a "first flame" (that is, without dying and killing everyone she knew in the process like it happened with chaos). She now having what would be more likely the most powerful soul, would enter a war with gwyn and his now weaker partial soul, which funnily enough IS what happens with Gwyn and the demon wars that ends in a stalemate.
>>
File: 20170401112717_1.jpg (642KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170401112717_1.jpg
642KB, 2560x1440px
>>14909
Still my favorite series.

I still consider Dark Souls 1 a masterpiece, it's basically Demon's Souls with genius world design and I couldn't ask for anything more at the time. 10/10

Dark Souls 2 was a disappointment in a lot of ways which is why I never bothered with the DLC, a lot f the new stuff they added did not fit the game at all including soul memery, powerstancing, unique enemies that have a very small chance of dropping equipment etc.
But it was still fun enough and it saved pvp in my opinion. 7/10

Dark Souls 3 is the most well rounded and consistent of the bunch. It lacks a bit in terms of world design/layout when compared to the 2 others, but the seperate zones themselves are really well designed and I think they look gorgeous. 9/10
>>
>>14944
>why I never bothered with the DLC,
Get SOTFS if its ever on sale. It fixes a lot of shit with the base game and the DLC is by far the best part of the game.
>>
>>14640
>>this goes on for hundreds of years
lol
>>
>>14945
Definitely at some point, I'm kind of burnt out on Souls at the moment though.
>>
>>14945
>It fixes a lot of shit with the base game

Like the poor world design?
>>
>>14947
if you do get it just so you know, do all 3 dlc and get all the different rings and then go talk to the memory of Gywn before fighting Nashandra and you get like a new ending that actually makes a lot more sense heading into 3.
>>
>>14494
They are just random monsters who live on a content north of drangleic

there's some item descriptions saying that the northern lands are full of horrible monsters, giants are just one of many species of gigantic abominations
>>
>>14948
>Like the poor world design
>forgetting how terrible most of 1 was
>from soft literally apologizing for some areas being so bad
>>
>>14951
>most of 1
>>
>>14909
1 has an elder god tier first half and DLC but the PvP and the second half are middling at best
2 is consistently good, with 3 god tier DLCs, but it suffers from poor design choices (Soul Memory, World layout, Covenants)
3 is the most consistent and probably has the highest number of great bosses, but suffers from playing it a bit too safe
DLCs are nice too, same with PvP
Best series i have ever played, easily beating megaman, touhou and the likes for me
>>
>>14952
>the depths
>blight town
>sen's fortress
>lost izaleth
>catacombs
>>
>>14831
Artorias (of the Abyss)
>>
>>14954
only lost izalith, out of everything you listed, is actually shit
>>
>tfw beat the DLC and now I feel empty since I've experience everything souls but I'm too dumb to piece together literally anything other than entry level lore so I just sit in threads like these waiting for some smarter anons to explain shit I dont understand instead of moving on to other games

Explain Gael
>>
File: wojak2.jpg (71KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak2.jpg
71KB, 633x758px
>there will never be a DaS2 remake that uses the director's original idea for the game before namco decided to ruin the development by forcing them to downgrade it
>>
>>14957
There is nothing to explain. It's all just random shit with no coherence whatsoever.
>>
>>14846
It is actually in the game.

When you forge artorias' sword it has a unique moveset when you wield it left handed.
>>
>>14957
>World is ending. It's impossible to link the first flame anymore and the age of dark won't help the already fucked up world anymore
>Painter girl wants to create a new painted world, since the painted world of ariander is rotting
>Can't paint a new world until the old one is destroyed, so Gael sends you to the painted world of Ariandel to fight Friede, because you are both ash and "When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth."
>Your fight with Friede sets fire to the painted world of Ariandel and now the painter can paint a new world, but she needs a pigment. She wants blood with the color of the dark soul of men
>Gael sets out to the ringed city to find the pygmy kings, since they have the dark soul
>He finds it, but the kings' blood is all dried up, can't paint with that
>Gael consumes their dark souls to cover it with his own blood. But the dark soul makes him go insane, that's why he attacks you
>You kill Gael and recover his dark soul covered in blood
>You take his blood colored like the dark soul to the painted, who uses it to paint a new world named after your character
>you go there to escape from the real world
>the new painted world will eventually rot too, so you are fucked no matter what you do
>>
>>14957
Gael "Lore Fucker" Slave Knight is exactly why lore fags will never find their answers, anon.
>>
>>14944
>didn't like powerstancing
That was the best thing 2 added
>>
>>14878
Wow that's lazy as fuck
>>
>>14956
No they are all shit your nostalgia just wont let you see it. Most of the game is just bland terrible design
>>
>>14965
Yeah, my 6 year old "nostalgia" is clouding my good taste, especially since I replayed Dark Souls literally one month ago.
>>
File: 20170330011354_1.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170330011354_1.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>14878
even the skybox
>>
>>14965
>No they are all shit

by that metric every single area in 2 is shit, because most of them are way worse than any area on that list.
>>
>>14963
But it was trash.
I don't understand how anyone can think equipping a katana and a greatsword and swinging them together like they're both greatswords is a good idea.
Or curved swords and axes, or greataxes and hammers or any of the other retarded combinations.
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.