[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Favourite AVGN episode GO why did the mods delete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21

File: avgn.jpg (86KB, 1376x1013px) Image search: [Google]
avgn.jpg
86KB, 1376x1013px
>Favourite AVGN episode

GO

why did the mods delete the last one? Like what
>>
>>13652

>e-celeb
>reposting the same shit thread 24/7

Here comes another delete.
>>
>>13653

>e-celeb

You've been posting here for 6 months at most
>>
why the fuck are you so obsessed with this cuck? is this just Mike making threads to promote?
>>
>>13655
Because i'm not that much of a gamer and discussing things i enjoy with assholes on here is the closest thing i have to friendship.
>>
>>13655
>cuck
Why do you project?
>>
>>13653
>video game culture
>>
Season 4 was the last good season, prove me wrong.
>>
>>13659

What year was season 4?

07-09 was the golden era
>>
>>13652
Probably 'cause we already have one up, get the memo

>>372543889
>>
>>13654
>b-but it's not e-celeb shit because they're my favorite!

fuck off
>>
ASS
>>
File: swordquestgoat.jpg (67KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
swordquestgoat.jpg
67KB, 480x360px
I've said it a hundred times

Swordquest is the most comfy episode ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWltQ9UN5vE
>>
>>13654
AVGN is a /v/ approved e-celeb. fuck off Angry Joe.
>>
>>13664

This episode was pretty amazing
>>
Seaman and Beavis & Butthead were pretty good nu-AVGN eps.
>>
>>13667
the newest one was pretty good.
>>
BEEEEE SEVENTEEN BOMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
>>
File: avgn-rob-o.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
avgn-rob-o.gif
1MB, 320x180px
I just realized that out of all the episodes mentioned these past several threads, my absolute favorite get none. Why is that? Am I just biased from enjoying those ROB-roleplay threads back in the day?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>13652
where were you when James Rolfe unCucked and unJUST himself?

we now live in the Renaissance of the AVGN
>>
>>13670

Eh the Rob episode is ok

But it has nothing on classics like Bible games 1&2, Dick Tracy, Double Vision parts 1&2 etc
>>
Can't really choose a favorite since there is stuff like NES Accessories, Batman, Godzilla, the console reviews and many others I really enjoy to rewatch.

I'd say I'd ask people to pay more attention to the post 100 videos. Atari Sports' football rant really made me laugh when I first watched it and Power Rangers was a really enjoyable episode, even if he didn't play the SNES fighting game.
>>
>>13653
he's the original
>>
Why was the latest Christmas ep so shitty?
>>
>>13675

Yeah it was bad

But the MMPR episode was fucking great
>>
>>13675
This, that episode make MK Mythologies look like a masterpiece
>>
>>13653
Fuck off you cunt.
>>
Easily Hongkong 97.
>>
Best episodes are the ones where he actually shows a lot of gameplay about one of a few games he has first-hand experience from his childhood.
>>
Favorite ones:

Ninja Gaiden
Toxic Avengers
Dick Tracy

Least favorite ones:
That one where 90% of the video is flashing red lights
Scrotum guns
All the ones about meme games like Big Rigs
>>
>>13652
>Pre ROB
Spiderman, or any of the Bugs Bunny episodes
>Post ROB
Darkwing Duck or Berenstain Bears
>>
File: 1428564622728.jpg (59KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1428564622728.jpg
59KB, 500x283px
>>13681
>Toxic Avengers
Too obvious, buddy.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (106KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
106KB, 569x802px
MIMAL?
>>
ZYURANGA
ZYURANGA
>>
>>13683
Faggot, that episode is so funny, the pervy old man kills my sides.
>>
>>13683
Toxic Avengers isn't that bad, there are much boring like Sega Activator Interactor Menacer, Independence Day or Nintendo Championship
>>
>>13686
>>13687
I've watched more AVGN than I would ever admit to but despite my efforts I can't watch that episodes more than 30 seconds. Just fucking awful.
>>
ITS CRITICAL

THAT YOU BYPASS

THIS GAME
>>
>>13688
Then what is your favorites?
>>
Friday the 13th is GOAT
>>
>>13690
I don't know. I really like episodes that are low on memes and high in gameplay and true nostalgia. Dick Tracy is good, the Castlevania episodes. But I guess I also like the Batman and Crazy castle episodes.

Guest episodes are usually boring. But the problem with Toxic Avengers is that the old geezer is just off the cringe scale.
>>
>>13681
>All the ones about meme games
Superman 64 wasn't that bad
>>
>JEW RANGER! JEW RANGER!
what did he mean by that?
>>
File: avgnsports.jpg (189KB, 1905x1073px) Image search: [Google]
avgnsports.jpg
189KB, 1905x1073px
>Anything but the sports episode

Seriously, this was kino. Never laughed so hard in my life.
>>
What do you guys think of James non AVGN videos? I find em incredibly comfy. Especially Monster Madness
>>
Get it?
>>
>>13695
What are the common complaints about this episode? I see a lot of people hate it but to me it's just a normal middle of the bunch episode.
>>
>>13696
i love monster madhness and then he put mike in 1/3rd of the most recent season

it's ok though 2/3 of it was still great
>>
>>13698
never heard anyone complain about it before. It's pretty much perfect.
>>
File: 0379725824.jpg (76KB, 1261x842px) Image search: [Google]
0379725824.jpg
76KB, 1261x842px
>"Ya well wait till I draw your suicide note in your own blood you blood you bunny fucking bitch, I'm commin over I'm kill ya, I'm gonna kill your whole mutherfucking family"

Has this line been topped yet?
>>
File: gyromite_controller.png (263KB, 800x426px) Image search: [Google]
gyromite_controller.png
263KB, 800x426px
>>13670
Everything about the ROB episode was perfect, all the way until the actual fight with the giant ROB. It was just so underwhelming. It was just the standard "shoot a couple explosions at the guy" AVGN fight with nothing to set it apart besides the setting. Come on, James. It was a giant fight in a city backdrop. The perfect time to do some kaiju shit.

It's such a shame because everything else is so good. The opening with James ranting about hating games in general. James making ROB a gyro. James being the ROB. The gyromite controller. James contemplating a world without shitty games before yelliing that he won't let it happen, and then that ending where James hugs his games and all the Gyromite and Stack-Up boxes turn back to shitty games, ending on Simon's Quest.
All that greatness tainted by a boring climax.
>>
>>13701
S1 AVGN is where James was at his lowest point.

Finished college and has no clue what to do with his life. Oh, and he is still a virgin and hated women until Kyle showed up.
>>
>>13703

James was like 24 when he started AVGN, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>13704
Yeah, his lowest point at life.
>>
>>13703
Back to the Future was great, Rerevisited wasn't as good until he saw Super Back to the Future 2
>>
>>13701
>Flip phones
It's funny how that's what's most dated.
>>
>>13652
>why did the mods delete the last one? Like what
Because, Mr. Matei, they're getting sick of your self-promotional threads.
>>
File: simpsons-thumb.jpg (187KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-thumb.jpg
187KB, 1754x1240px
>>13671
>never check my twitter EVER
>for some reason I log in
>check trending topics
>AVGN is close to the top
>WUT
>see the outrage by SJW and the internet community defend James for not wanting to see shit films
>see crybaby celebrities attacking him but getting shit on even harder
>SJW cry harder when he doesn't take their bait.
>>
>>13653
He is not an e-celeb
>>
>>13708
literally one guy getting angry because people love James.
>>
Go yank your cock through your ass, ya fuckin' BUTT MONGREL.
I've got the P O W E R G L O V E
>>
File: basedjames.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
basedjames.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>13664
This episode is comfy as fuck. the fucking music for it was some epic shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Us8OK_iKnE
>>
File: brownbricks.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
brownbricks.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
This video was funny for all the wrong reasons.
>>
File: Bad_Luck_Bootsy.jpg (33KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Luck_Bootsy.jpg
33KB, 300x200px
Hey guys, can I play?
>>
>>13712
Now you're playing with power. Now you're playing with fucking SHIT.

You're better off fucking shit than fucking with this fucked up shit, fuck this shit, you don't know shit about how fucking shitty this fucking shit is, it's so bad it sucks, it's so fucking suck it fucks!
>>
>>13715
>that one time Bootsy dressed as Hitler for Monster Madness, James laughed but Mike kicked him out
>>
AVGN was never good
>>
New episode was great sure but the castlevania trilogy is his best work.
Also bring back Bootsy, Mike!
>>
>>13719
What's that? You want more of the living pile of lard that we grew in a lab and taught to play video games?
>>
>>13718
Fuck off Chris Bores
>>
File: dave.jpg (57KB, 714x708px) Image search: [Google]
dave.jpg
57KB, 714x708px
ASS!
>>
File: nerdvsarino.jpg (151KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
nerdvsarino.jpg
151KB, 700x394px
Who would win?
>>
The Console reviews are GOAT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDAKxjG7VaI

>Your raping me, you're raping me
>>
>>13725
>she's giving birth to a SOLAR BABY
>>
>>13720
Yes please
>>
>>13676
>But the MMPR episode was fucking great
It really wasn't. It's got nothing on any 2007-2009 episode.
>>
>>13729
>implying
GO GO ANGRY GAME NEEEEEERD
>>
File: avgn_speedboard.jpg (125KB, 953x678px) Image search: [Google]
avgn_speedboard.jpg
125KB, 953x678px
This is the funniest AVGN moment of all time.

https://youtu.be/9kBMscW_dVg?t=356
>>
>>13731
I think he was awfully unfair with the speedboard.
>>
>>13732
That's cuz it's just a hunk of plastic.

All these AVGN threads got me watching old episodes again, and I always forgot how much I like the Transformers episode but I fucking hate the Billy Mitchell gimmick of him constantly drinking the hot sauce. It was just lame as fuck and not funny at all.

Like Ryan. Except not nearly as fat and slimy and disgusting.
>>
bamp
>>
>>13732
He's not exactly wrong, though. To put the speed on your fingers? Why in the ass would you want that?
>>
This game better stop sucking ass or else I'm gonna have to give it the finger.

The middle finger.
>>
>>13735
Especially when turbo controllers existed.
>>
I can't stand the episode where he shits on Castlevania 64, first of all, it's not fair to not at the very least look up the controls online (realistically, you'd have the instruction booklet if you owned the game and the controls are explained), then, I figured out the controls by myself when I was a kid and without even knowing a single word of English or the other languages included in the game. So fuck that episode, it got me legit mad. Especially considering C64 is a flawed but still decent game with good graphics and a strong atmosphere.
>>
>>13738
You have to admit the whole thing with the nitro is bullshit.
>>
>>13737
Turbo controllers are cheating. The speedboard is a high skill peripheral. Of course /v/ wouldn't understand the difference but you'd think James who's serious about beating games and hates save states would understand. Maybe it's just an in-character gag.
>>
>>13739
Git gud, it's not even that hard.
>>
>>13740
It's a fucking hunk of plastic.
>>
There's one James and Mike Monday episode that made me lose a lot of respect for them as gamers and human beings with common sense. It was Dennis the Menace and they kept getting caught by Mr. Wilson and dying. And they gave up because they couldn't figure out how to escape.

Apparently, none of them experimented with the buttons cuz they didn't think there was a "run" button. I know for a lot of these games they don't have an instruction manual and they might be too lazy to whip out a phone and look it up, but seriously. Especially Mike...I give AVGN a break because he's not really a hardcore gamer but Mike's bread and butter is playing the games. Like, try every button combination, the shoulders, try double tapping a direction. Lots of intuitive controls that have been in lots of other games.

BTW, I looked it up: to run in Dennis the Menace, you hold "Y." The same fucking button as Super Mario World.
>>
>>13743

t. Bootsy
>>
>>13743
It's okay, because we have Ryan now.

Thanks, Cinemassacre.
>>
>>13743
Same, I got mad as well and I never even played that game. And it's not the only game where they can't figure out the controls, another one is Daikatana where it takes them way too long to figure out how to crouch.

Why can't metroid crawl shit right there. How much of a retarded memer do you have to be to not even look up the controls for a game you are making a video of?
>>
>>13743
And yet they can play harder games with ease.

I have no idea about them.

I have more respect for James than Mike. What to know why? Watch them play Bully. James understands the concept, Mike doesn't.
>>
>>13743
i like the video where the first thing mike says is how bad the graphics are and how much graphics have advanced, which is an insanely boring and generic thing to say, and then james says actually it looks pretty good and he just goes yeah it does
>>
Mike was a mistake
>>
>>13747
On the flipside of that, I do like how they do seem to be genuinely friends.

Like the Battletoads episode where Mike tries to teach James how to do the Turbo Tunnel jumps when the exclamation point appears. James of course is a fucking mongloid who can't figure out when to press the fucking jump button (and Mike either doesn't know or doesn't tell him TO JUST GO TO THE BOTTOM CUZ THE PLATFORM IS LONGER THERE), but through a lot of trial, coaching, and patience, James finally gets through it.

And then dies immediately afterwards.
>>
WHAT A FUCK LOAD OF SHIT
>>
>>13740
No, the "high skill" option would be to suck it up and hit dem buttons faster. Any enhancements, be them hunks of plastic or not, would be "cheating".
>>
MADDEN MADDEN MADDEN
>>
Prime AVGN will never be topped
>>
>>13652
>typing 'like' in the same like urr manner that you ummm like talk in
Fucking execute yourself
>>
bamp
>>
>>13752
>>13742
That's like saying about a gaming chair "how stupid just buy an aimbot instead".

You don't have to like gaming chairs or the speedboard but your logic is retarded.
>>
File: mateikek.png (275KB, 308x409px) Image search: [Google]
mateikek.png
275KB, 308x409px
>>13652

>They don't even have the FUCKING courtesy to refill your life bar

>THAT is sadistic

>WHOEVER PROGRAMMED THIS THING, I WANT TO RIP THEIR FUCKING HEART OUT OF THEIR ASS AND SHOW IT TO THEM SO THEY CAN SEE HOW COLD AND BLACK IT IS BEFORE THEY DIE
>>
>>13757
Where as a chair is comfy to sit in, the speed board is just stupid.

Who plays games on a table like it expects you to?
>>
What're the AVGN episodes you hit "next" on?

Nerdy Turd ruined "Pong Consoles" to the point I can't even watch it. It's not even the concept, it's that stupid fucking noise he makes persisting throughout the whole episode.
>>
>THIS GAME IS WORSE THAN A PIECE OF SHIT
>IT'S A WHOLE SHIT
>>
>>13758
NUNCHUCK FUCK
>>
>>13759
I don't know. Some people might?
>>
>>13760
But the Nerdy Turd is from the Odyssey episode.
>>
>>13722
who are these guys again? that video is hilarious
>>
>>13743
>the respect i have for others is based on how well they play some video game no one cares about
>>
>>13764
See? I don't even know what episode it's in, cuz I always skip it.
>>
>>13766
You can tell a lot about someone based on how they play videogames, because it shows you how they approach problems and use logic.

For example, I have absolutely no respect for you based on your post because it's clear that you don't know how to extrapolate information and process that in your retard brain.
>>
Last time I went on the channel, there was a fat, greasy man streaming a game with facecam.
He was the least interesting individual I've ever watched.

Who the fuck was that, and why would James invite him on the channel?
>>
>>13768
>Having respect for anons
>Ever

That's your first mistake.
>>
>>13769
James is too nice. He lets Mike and those other fucks use his name and reputation to get views for their otherwise unremarkable let's plays and standard youtube content.
>>
>>13769
James has no control of the channel, it's all Mike.
>>
>>13769
mike is in charge of everything and is trying to create generic gaming channel
>>
File: rapesurvivoraftermathphotos.jpg (165KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
rapesurvivoraftermathphotos.jpg
165KB, 1000x752px
>>13769
Because James doesn't want the fat man to do to him what he did ever again.
>>
>Its a James episode
>>
When is James going to make more kino?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQe9sTnEIPY
>>
any posts that aren't genesis vs super nintendo or castlevania series are outright wrong.
>>
bampu
>>
>>13776
Never. His next movie, if it's ever made, will be AVGN: The Movie 2
>>
File: 1476450584311.jpg (38KB, 635x441px) Image search: [Google]
1476450584311.jpg
38KB, 635x441px
>want to watch his console reviews since they are the best ones
>start with the magnavox Odyssey
>mfw "The Turd Nerd"
>>
HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
>>
NEXT UP, THE BIG MOTHERFUCKER OF FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS:

DOOM
>tfw James introduced me to Doom and I never looked back
>>
>>13781

TO FUCK MIKE IN THE ASS
>>
>>13736
I think it's a shitload of fuck
>>
>>13783
HE'D RATHER HAVE
>>
>>13785

TO LET YOU FUCK HIS WIFE IN THE ASS
>>
>>13784
I THINK YOU'D BETTER SHUT YOUR ASS
>>
>>13780
Why didn't he just bring back Shit Pickle?
>>
I remember being in highschool, ignoring homework and laughing at silver surfer so hard I cried. Watched it again a decade later and it wasn't nearly as funny but damn, avgn hit me at the right time
>>
File: 1357651657573.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1357651657573.gif
2MB, 480x360px
FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE fuck
>>
AVGN Samurai Jack when
>>
File: ClubberFuck.jpg (5KB, 124x330px) Image search: [Google]
ClubberFuck.jpg
5KB, 124x330px
IT'S A CLUBBERFUCK
>>
Do you know what I really hate?
That /a/, /vg/ and /n/ didn't get a merge
>>
AND EVERYTHING'S SO SMALL, SO FAST AND MOVES IN SUCH IRREGULAR PATTERN, HITTING YOUR MARK IS LIKE PISSING INTO A SHOTGLASS THAT'S SPINNING ON A RECORD PLAYER THAT'S STRAPPED TO A WILD CHEETAH'S BACK WHILE YOU'RE IN A UNICICLE IN A TIGHROPE BLINDFOLDED
>>
>>13794
THIS GAME IS SO HARD THAT IT'D BE EASIER TO LIFT AN ELEPHANT WITH MY ASS WHILE SINGING OLD MCDONALD
>>
>>13795
I'D RATHER 69 A GRIZZLY BEAR WHILE SHOVING KING KONG UP MY ASS
>>
>>13796
THESE GAMES ARE SHIT DRIZZLING OUT OF THE SMOG MONSTER'S RANCID PUTRID A-HOLE, AND THEN BEING SWALLOWED AND BARFED UP BY ANGUIRUS WHILE I LAY ON HIS SPIKES GETTING GIGAN'S BUZZSAW UP MY ASS WHILE DESOTOROYAH DUMPS HIS DIABOLICAL DIARRHEA ALL OVER MY FACE
>>
>>13797
THIS GAME IS GARBAGE. I'D RATHER PUT MY BALLS IN A CROCODILE'S MOUTH WHILE SHOVING MY HEAD UP A UNICORN'S ASSHOLE
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.