[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>comes across as budget indie piece of shit >actually 500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 45

>comes across as budget indie piece of shit
>actually 500 hours worth of pure addiction

EDF thread
>>
Should I buy it while it's on sale?
>>
>>13485
No, wait until it's full price.
>>
Whats the gameplay like that makes it so good? It looks retarded every time I try to watch except for the mechs and giant monsters (non bug)
>>
>>13484
This game is fucking fantastic.
>>
is it exclusively coop?
Not sure what I'm supposed to expect.
>>
>>13489
No. It's single-player, but can have local co-op and online co-op.
>>
>>13487
Collecting armor crates is addicting as fuck.
>>
I'm cautious about EDF 5 lads, it looks like more of the same. They should really give this series a rest after 5.
>>
So, I understand they dont have a huge budget but the series has been around a while right?. Just kinda surprised artists and animators haven't stepped up their game much.
>>
I tried this out a month ago after hearing about it on here and I love it so much. Me and my friend haven't stopped playing since. Thanks you fucking nigels
>>
Jesus christ I wish indie games of any budget looked half as interesting to me as EDF does.

Also the Air Raider got some pretty good buffs in 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if8kFIGEXAo
(AR bit starts at 56:43, be sure to keep it muted)
>>
>>13487
I guess you can compare it to an arcade based Serious Sam with incredibly satisfying ragdoll animations, and shooting an rocket into a crowd of bugs and watching huge blooms of blood and parts flying everywhere is always satisfying. There's about 80 or so levels from what I hear, and the appeal is collecting armor and weapon crates to increase MAX HP and get better weapons, and try and reply older weapons on higher difficulties to get even better weapons. Higher difficulties are unwinnable without the proper weapons or if your HP isnt high enough, as enemies become even faster, they take infinitely more hits, and they do more damage to you.
>>
>game barely changed from their ps2 era games
Kek. Its a simple formula thats pure fun
>>
Are Wing Divers better in 5? They were great in 4 but the energy management was a pain in the ass for all but two or three weapon types pre-hard mode.
>>
>>13485
ye
>>13489
it has a single player component and co-op one

>Not sure what I'm supposed to expect.

japanese serious sam in third person, also the classes play very differently and there's a fuckload of missions and difficulties and weapons to collect and it's purely addicting fun so it has a lot of play value
>>
>>13498
How to have fun in EDF 4.1:
>Pick Wing Diver
>Equip your best Rapier
>Do impressions of an A-10 Thunderbolt making swooping passes and melting fucking everything in range
>>
>>13500
is wing diver good against anything other than bugs? I played it for one mission and it seems like it would be awkward against robots and shit

also still playing ranger until I finish normal but my fuck if it isn't fun, shooting spiders with an overpowered sniper and watching them ragdoll all the way across the map would be worth its price tag alone
>>
>>13501
Rapiers easily destroy anything. Spiders are the most dangerous enemies for WD, robots are least dangerous.
>>
>>13501
>Do impressions of an A-10 Thunderbolt making swooping passes and melting fucking everything in range
>melting fucking everything in range
>melting fucking everything

Did I fucking stutter? Play Wing Diver
>>
>>13501
Only the red ships are super gay.
>>
>>13501
Wing Divers are pretty much the team solo carry class. When you learn to manage energy efficiently and dodge shit you are literally unstoppable. Though have fun constantly reviving Fencers who didn't learn the ways of the fast and Air Drivers without vehicles.
>>
>tfw still stuck with sub-30fps 2025
IM SO FUCKING JEALOUS 4.1 ON 60FPS WITH GUNDAMS AND GODZILLAS SOUND AMAZING
>>
>>13497
they've been slowly adding some depth to the games
>>
I feel like Rangers should have access to tanks and helicopters instead of it just air raider exclusive. Make it more like global defense force
>>
File: 1485980570570.png (163KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1485980570570.png
163KB, 413x395px
>using the Thunder Sniper 40 in underground levels
It almost feels like cheating
>>
is insect armageddon any good?
>>
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
>>
>>13511
FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK
>>
>>13512
WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK
>>
>>13508
If you play in co op your air raider bro can call in vehicles for you.
>>
>>13513
THE EDF DEPLOOOOYS
>>
>>13511
>>13512
>>13513
>>13515
>tfw randomly yelling EDF during play

might actually be embarrassed if I gave fuck about what my neighbours thought of me
>>
>>13510
It's ok, but best treated as a spin off than anything else.

If you have a choice between 4.1 or Insect Armageddon, I'd go with the former.
>>
>>13516
Even in game it's pretty awkward when you yell alone.
>>
is fencer really the demigod class if you git gud or is that just a meme?
>>
>>13516
The worst part is trying to use the quickchat wheel to yell EDF! EDF! in other games

>>13519
I wouldn't call him a demigod because fucking up is always possible (and almost as lethal to Fencers as it is to Wing Divers) but Fencer is fucking amazing once you git gud as him. Like, repeatedly being the last man standing when the mission goes really bad and still managing to carry the day with sanic speed, crazy high damage and constantly reflecting shit back at the enemy.
>>
>>13519
They are demigod when you learn to go fast. You can outrun pretty much everything and dodge a lot of projectile attacks, which means you can endlessly kite enemies and collect health whenever you need it.
>>
>>13492
More of the same is EDF's motto, although they do slowly add new things like the classes aside from ranger. EDF 5 is adding a new thing to each class except fencer, it seems.
At this point, even if you gave them a AAA budget they'd probably just use it on putting even more giant insects into the game
>>
>>13519
They're untouchable against ground bugs, EDF is rarely that simple though so enjoy getting stunned out of dashes and swarmed by FUCKING DRONES whenever they show up
>>
>>13522
>At this point, even if you gave them a AAA budget they'd probably just use it on putting even more giant insects into the game

well all things considered that's not exactly a bad thing is it?
>>
File: 1301147807686.jpg (25KB, 175x154px) Image search: [Google]
1301147807686.jpg
25KB, 175x154px
>>13524
>>
>>13501
They're very survivable due to high mobility and are therefore invaluable for co-op play.

Their worst enemy is the fucking bees, by far.

>>13502
How the fuck do you deal with the bees, anon?
>>
>>13525
wat
>>
>>13495
sweet , thanks
>>
>>13495
I hope they don't keep it ps4 exclusive, I actually enjoy kb+m in 4.1 and it runs pretty smooth even with tons of shit happening too
>>
>>13526
> How the fuck do you deal with the bees, anon?
M30
>>
File: 1479618359364.jpg (22KB, 656x432px) Image search: [Google]
1479618359364.jpg
22KB, 656x432px
I'm struggling to see if I should buy Disgaea, Rabi Ribi, or this.

I always avoided these games because they looked like something you'd find in the budget bin, like OP said. What is it about them that makes them addicting?
>>
File: EDF4.1 10.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 10.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>13531
It's fun

I know I know, it's a very hard concept to grasp
>>
>>13531

The scale and absurdity is what makes them fun.

The graphics look like shit, but it allows the developers to fit literally hundreds of enemies on screen at a single time.

It's ridiculously over the top in every way and embraces absurd vehicles, weapons and enemies.
>>
File: 1468821122201.png (720KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468821122201.png
720KB, 640x480px
>>13531
The sense of camaraderie with other players and your grunts of course

and the large scale bug purging, silly explosions and pure cheese you're exposed to every second
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (43KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
43KB, 640x625px
>>13484

>yfw EDF 5 will have litteral ayy lmaos
>>
File: 003.jpg (160KB, 890x1272px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
160KB, 890x1272px
>>13532
cause people would normally say that boring shitty garbage grinding 24/7 mechanics are fun too.

the problem is fun is used properly HERE, where in other cases it would be used as a coverup for not being able to justify their shit taste.
>>
>>13532
Fuck the first thing I did after unlocking the turrets was trying to put them on moving vehicles. Was not disappointed.
>>
File: 1489896523302.png (268KB, 479x341px) Image search: [Google]
1489896523302.png
268KB, 479x341px
Alright, chumps, I have a few questions here

1. Should I wait until I beat the singleplayer to try any of the online stuff?
2. Do you play with kb+m or controller?
3. What's the deal with fencers? They seem a little clunky, even with that little dash they do, and the reload time on that chain gun kills me (literally) Is the trick managing your range to the bugs?
>>
File: IamAware.gif (2MB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
IamAware.gif
2MB, 360x200px
>>13535
>MFW Ranger gets amazing changes and quality of life improvements
>MFW Wing Diver gets amazing changes and quality of life improvements
>MFW Air raider gets amazing changes and quality of life improvements

>Fencer get NOTHING, no new weapons/gimmick shown on stream, no quality of life imprevements. Zip. Zero. Nada

Why do they hate us?

>>13536
You get the basic concept of the game by looking at a single screenshot. Hundreds of giant bugs, dragons and aliens to kill. That's it. It's even better with friends and on the highest difficulty. That's all there is to say about the game, you either like it or you don't. I paid 80€ for EDF4.1 and will do the same for EDF5 as soon as it comes out. I like 'em

There's nothing quite like trying to dodge out of your asshole friend's manually guided nukes and failing every time to survive despite your best attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTOadGloEQ
>>
>>13531
>>13536
>>13532

Its a game that rides 90% on pure gameplay.
Not presentation, not story, not characters, not "comfy", not themes, not a anything else.
Thats why its fun.

The last 10% is the C tier corny movie keks and and singing

>>13538

Its entirely made around coop, you are fucking yourself over if you play it alone.
Normal = Easy, Hard is how its meant to be played.
Fencers are super slow, you need to do well known tricks for movement, which is using certain weapons to dash-cancel, namely using shield with reflect between dashes, or a single javelin launcher (lvl12 I think) which makes you the fastest character in game.

kb+m ofcourse, its a shooter
>>
>>13539

>Fencer get NOTHING, no new weapons/gimmick shown on stream, no quality of life imprevements. Zip. Zero. Nada

Maybe they add some shields for less hand breaking dash canceling? Something we don't see in their terribly livestreams?
>>
>Not sure what to expect of this game
>Just figure I'll shoot down some bugs
>Exterminator simulator 2025
>Play the first mission
>Pick Ranger because it seems like a good first-timer class
>Suddenly get hit by a wave of patriotic Earth Pride
>Start chanting EDF, EDF, EDF
>Singing along with the chanting
>Run through the streets cutting down hordes of giant ants with just an M14

holy shit this game is so much fun
>>
>>13532
Truly a weapon to surpass Metal Gear
>>
File: IMG_2492.gif (188KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2492.gif
188KB, 375x212px
>>13487
It reminds me of metal slug but more mindless and somehow more blood, destruction and explosions.

It's just an incredibly fun arcade game with infinite ammo.
>>
>>13538
L2 dash cancel to acheive maximum fastness.
>>
>$36 of DLC
>no decently priced bundle with game + dlc
Is the DLC necessary?
I want to buy this next time it's on sale but I don't want buy a bunch of pointless shit too
>>
>>13538
>1. Should I wait until I beat the singleplayer to try any of the online stuff?
Singleplayer is has pretty much the same content as multiplayer. Though MP has a few exclusive levels I think. Check if there are any lobbys around your level or host your own. Also your weapons and armor levels carry from one mode to another so you don't have to worry about that.
>2. Do you play with kb+m or controller?
Both are fine, you can type faster with kb+m and aiming is easier, but it is a game made for controller and voice message system gets info out fast enough.
>3. What's the deal with fencers? They seem a little clunky, even with that little dash they do, and the reload time on that chain gun kills me (literally) Is the trick managing your range to the bugs?
Either go full on speed with dash cancelling (look it up) or learn to use your weapons from range and compensate for reload times. Like with chain guns you can dual wield them, but time them so even if your gun on the other hand has to reload, the other gun is still firing. Small enemies stagger even from the smallest damage and as long as you can keep firing at them they won't be able to do anything.
>>
>>13546

Nah, you can just buy later if you really want to.

Theres hundred+ hours of fun on the base game.
In fact, more than enough content to completely burn out on.
>>
>>13546
Almost all of it is weapons, just get the two mission packs if anything
>>
File: EDF4.1 11.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 11.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>13538
>1. Should I wait until I beat the singleplayer to try any of the online stuff?
Playing with people makes any game more fun. Playing on HARDEST or above makes EDF more fun. So do both of those first Although with no good weapons I guess it would be frustrating playing on Hardest or Inferno. Go for Hard until you get good shit, but never go below that

>2. Do you play with kb+m or controller?
Controller, just feels better.

>3. What's the deal with fencers? They seem a little clunky, even with that little dash they do
They are the fastest class in the game, even faster than wingdivers when using the animation-cancel thrust (pic related). You need a specific set of weapons to do this though. Going with shields or whatever else makes it slower. Javalin Launcher is the best option to animation cancel with.
I guess they are clunky but after a while you get used to that movement, it's a mini-game in and of itself.

>and the reload time on that chain gun kills me (literally) Is the trick managing your range to the bugs?
Long reloads and half a screen worth of recoil are trade-offs for the ammo capacity and power of most Fencer weapons. Just something you'll learn with time. For chain guns I always equip 2, shoot both until I reach about 20% capacity, then stop shooting one of them until the other starts reloading, shoot the 20% one while the other reloads and repeat.
A much simpler way is to only shoot one at a time, while one of them reloads shoot with the other.
Like any other class it's not for everyone but it's my favorite.

>Maybe they add some shields for less hand breaking dash canceling? Something we don't see in their terribly livestreams?
They used a shield in their last livestream, funtioned exactly the same. I wish the bullet-reflect attack would be continuous this time around (a "press&hold" thing) but no, you still need to spam that button and pray you don't get randomly hit between your reflect down-times which you can't predict in any way.
>>
File: Perfecto.webm (693KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Perfecto.webm
693KB, 320x180px
>>13550 damn forgot to quote >>13541
>>
PS4 or PC?
Performance-wise?
Community-wise?
>>
File: EDF4.1 12.webm (3MB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 12.webm
3MB, 711x400px
>>13552
PC for performance
PS4 for if you wanted to play the game an year earlier. And the slow-downs are charming IMO desu

Community wise I don't know since I only own the PS4 version so I can't compare, but it's still alive here although playing with IRL friends is the superior method.
>>
File: 1490492860252.gif (2MB, 491x271px) Image search: [Google]
1490492860252.gif
2MB, 491x271px
Can I fuck the bugs?
>>
>>13550
>>13547
Alright, thanks for the input. I didn't consider that you could use TWO chain guns at the same time, that kind of opens my eyes. I'll try the dash cancel thing too.
>>
>>13552
PC is a quality port and performs better than PS4. Don't know about community, never played PS4 version online but you can find players from PC, maybe 10-20 rooms at all times. And if you can't find english speaking rooms you can play with Japs too because the voice commands are translated and somehow high latency affects very little to gameplay.
>>
>>13555
If there is one thing you should NEVER EEEEEEEEVER try it's dual-flamethrowers. The recoil is so strong that after 0.1 seconds of shooting you'll be pointing straight into the air and won't be able to aim down and control it at all.
>>
OUR SOLDIERS ARE PREPARED FOR ANY ALIEN THREAT
>>
>>13558
THE NAVY LAUNCHES SHIPS, THE AIR FORCE SENDS THEIR JETS
>>
>>13557

You shouldn't tell that to people.
I think trying out the retarded weaponry in game is part of the charm and going dual flame throwers and the like made for the hardest laughs we had with my friends.
>>
>>13553
>>13556
Hmm ok. Hopefully I can convince my friend to buy it.
>>
>>13559
AND NOTHING CAN WITHSTAND OUR FIXED BAY-O-NETS
>>
>>13562
THE EDF DEPLOOOOOYS
>>
>>13562
THE EDF DEPLOYS
>>
>>13560
Flame Geyser weapons was my goto for ranger early on. Its a napalm wall so you can set up walls between buildings and block off aerial units or ants. Also tons of fun to shoot onto an ant and watch him burn all his friends
>>
i've always been kind of interested in these games, but never put the money towards them.
finally got to play it due to ps+ and i can't believe how stupid and satisfying it actually is.
>>
File: 61470163_p0.jpg (485KB, 1080x1407px) Image search: [Google]
61470163_p0.jpg
485KB, 1080x1407px
>tfw you always feel bad because your team never lasts.
>>
>>13565

I first played 2025 on the 360 with a friend couch cooping and drinking, we had the greatest time, restarting nearly every missions because of someone bringing weapons so insanely impractical.
>>
>>13568
I played Global Defense Force with my brother a fuck ton. There we encountered the most high level boss in vidya. He doesnt attack you, he attacks the framerate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DzMEckyU0
>>
>>13569

Oh yeah, 2025 on the 360 was little better.
We played on Normal and still constantly died, both of us PC fags and the game constantly dropping to 15 fps and below
>>
>>13570
It was such a weird inclusion as a boss. You fought the regular sized godzillas, the slightly larger ones, mecha godzilla, and tiny godzillas, then comes this one that barely fits on the map and slows the frame rate to a whopping 5 frames a second. Sandlot gives no fucks
>>
>>13571

They really don't give a fuck, I swear half the weapons in all these games are completely fucking useless but who cares.
>>
What's the best farming level for something like the Wing Diver's M30?
>>
Although i love wing divers, i think the most fun one so far was 2015

It actually felt balanced, in 2025 & GDF wing divers are the clear broken class and the rest have huge flaws that they apparently forgot to also add to the flyers
>>
>>13486
underrated post
>>
File: 1490290758673.jpg (625KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1490290758673.jpg
625KB, 1536x2048px
>tfw starting to appreciate rangers now
Why is such a simple class so much fun?
>>
File: 55466904_p0.jpg (293KB, 800x767px) Image search: [Google]
55466904_p0.jpg
293KB, 800x767px
>first time playing
>that first time you accidentally send one of your npc buddies flying off into the distance.
>>
>>13576

Because you carry more firepower than an army combined, tough as nails soldier, diagonal rolling only.
>>
Anyone want to start a PC lobby?
>>
I hope the new game fixes fencers by making long distance boosting a part of their default moveset.
>>
>>13551
also
http://hoshiiro.jp/
PTE anime for october
>>
File: 1490773233047.jpg (13KB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
1490773233047.jpg
13KB, 158x158px
post moar weebms
>>
File: 52725310_p0_master1200.jpg (226KB, 680x961px) Image search: [Google]
52725310_p0_master1200.jpg
226KB, 680x961px
>playing with friend
>having a blast
>they die
>start running over to pick them up
>really focused on the game
>look over on their side of the screen
she's zooming in on the wing diver's ass.
>>
File: 20160730135040_1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160730135040_1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>13583

What else is left to do?
>lan-ed game with 3 friends
>me as fencer while they baby it with wing divers mostly
>50% of my gameplay is speeding around healing and rezzing them

Fucking wing divers, cant sing, cant stay alive.
>>
Anybody knows if a 1050 will run the game decently ? I'm getting one in a week.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o
>>
File: 50178484_p0.jpg (206KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
50178484_p0.jpg
206KB, 708x1000px
>>
File: cGwpYpE.jpg (183KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
cGwpYpE.jpg
183KB, 800x524px
What exactly is the best grinding mission in the game?
>>
>>13486
This desu.
>>
>>13588
Depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>13585
The game is more CPU dependent. Your current video card is probably more than enough for the game.
>>
File: 1458466732357.png (336KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458466732357.png
336KB, 500x375px
>>13577
>animation starts for the second spear attack
>EDF soldier walks right in front of you
>>
>>13584
Fencer gets all the shit jobs but someone has to do it
>>
>tfw I call down a Nereid helicopter only to have gold ants swarm to my position and pelt me with acid just as I get inside
>>
>>13590
Weapons around level 50-60 for WD.
>>
File: 1469060676952.jpg (108KB, 722x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1469060676952.jpg
108KB, 722x1141px
>>13595
>>
>>13593

Yeah I got used to it.
also kekked extremely hard when in my annoyance I shot 30mms at their fly-like selves in the air and hit
>>
>>13591
Cool, thanks. Is an i5 7400 enough to have decent performance when it starts getting crazy then ?
>>
>>13598
I'm on an i3 and that's actually fine until buildings start falling en masse
>>
>>13598

You'll be fine, but when weapons of mass destruction go into play and the city is falling apart, the game tanks the FPS on nearly any pc, its just part of the game really.
>>
>>13587
Cute.
EDF needs more fanart.
>>
>>13596

Here's the whole thing if anyone wants it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMFU1jQ797wRzItUFZsLTlBSzQ/edit
>>
>>13599
>>13600

Good enough, gonna get this soon. Thanks lads.
>>
>>13601
Yeah, cute. Until you realize a swarm of bugs run through there and eat everyone later.
>>
File: 39571934_p0.jpg (201KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
39571934_p0.jpg
201KB, 1000x1000px
>>13601
pixiv has a lot, but i do wish it had a bit more globally
>>
>>13595
Just let some dudes carry you through Machine Squad.
>>
File: 37524092_p1_master1200.jpg (587KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
37524092_p1_master1200.jpg
587KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: 1465929354272.gif (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465929354272.gif
20KB, 300x300px
How well does this game run on toasters?
>>
File: 37439499_p0.jpg (314KB, 1027x1027px) Image search: [Google]
37439499_p0.jpg
314KB, 1027x1027px
lewd squad reporting
>>
>>13500
>first mission
>pick the class with a jetpack
>blow things up with giant fucking plasma nukes
>switch to rapier and press m1
>immediately regret ever changing weapons

are rapiers supposed to actually DO something?
>>
>>13610
Yeah rape everything with their massive dps
>>
Should I pick up EDF 4.1? Or wait for the new one that's coming out? Never bought one of the games before.
>>
File: EDF.jpg (35KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
EDF.jpg
35KB, 500x324px
>>
>>13612
Get the current one. Who knows when the next one is coming out.
>>
File: 1486858628715.jpg (153KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486858628715.jpg
153KB, 750x750px
>>13608
>>
File: 1486147922958.jpg (462KB, 1769x1897px) Image search: [Google]
1486147922958.jpg
462KB, 1769x1897px
>>13484

Which would you recommend on the PS3?
>>
>>13596
>Lv0 weapons almost always drop.
Fucking hell... I think that's one of the few things EDF:IA had over the proper games...
>>
>>13613

>firing_blast_launchers.jpg
>>
>>13608
How toaster are we talking about
My pc is nothing special and this runs pretty good
>>
>>13487
A nice loop of "Shit, these enemies are hard" and "Oh wow, this gun takes care of these nicely!" Seriously, like every 4 or 5 maps you're getting new weapons for your class that behave differently to anything you've had before.

And thats every 4 or 5 maps for the technical NG++++ that the game goes up to. For each of the 4 classes. The game is addicting because each time you play, you have no idea what they're throwing at you next. One minute it's ants, then its spiders, giant robots, Godzilla, walking shield bots, an AT-AT, giant wasps... Everytime you think they can't turn it up a notch, they do.
>>
File: 1491004344790.jpg (69KB, 695x390px) Image search: [Google]
1491004344790.jpg
69KB, 695x390px
>tfw neglected wing diver
>now cant farm Golden Darkness for easy weapons
A-At least I have the not so efficient machine squad....
>>
OUR FRIENDS WERE ALL KILLED YESTERDAY AS WERE OUR FAMILIES
TODAY WE MIGHT NOT MAKE IT FACING THESE ATROCITIES
WE'LL NEVER DROP OUR BANNER DESPITE OUR CASUALTIES
THE EDF DEPLOYS
>>
>>13622
> I've not got any family, I've got nothing to lose!!

Fucking nearly spat my drink when I heard a random Ranger shouting that happily and emphatically at the start of a mission.
>>
Why are ally fencers so dumb /v/?
>>
>>13624
They refuse to use their shields, the slow jogging everywhere would be fine if they at least used artillery or reflected.
>>
>>13508
i would rather a 3rd weapon slot dedicated to assault rifles so you can actually choose what to pick in the other 2 slots.
>>
>>13626
You saying you never used a dual Lysander combo?
>>
File: 20160820123440_1.jpg (646KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160820123440_1.jpg
646KB, 1920x1080px
>>13509
Wait until you get the Idunn FF
>>
>>13628
I have. That thing is fucking amazing and hilariously oversized
>>
>>13602
this helps me out a lot.
thanks
>>
File: EDF5_11-24-16_007.jpg (152KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
EDF5_11-24-16_007.jpg
152KB, 600x338px
How shit will they be?
>>
>>13631
Oh shit we're getting laser tanks now? Sweet.
>>
File: bb16d48827325d8e86651b1e1210c7ac.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bb16d48827325d8e86651b1e1210c7ac.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>13632
Masers anon, Maser Tanks
>>
>>13500
How to really have fun in EDF 4.1
>Pick Fencer
>Learn to dash cancel
>Get a javelin and a blast twin spear.
>Zoom about map like a mad cunt and impale bugs with your explosive fist.
>>
>>13631
A slow forcefield projecting tank would be cool, just punting ants about and knocking drone swarms all over the place
>>
>>13633
the hell is a maser?
>>
>>13485
just wait til its on pc
>>
>>13637
It is on PC
>>
File: 1464082143945.jpg (369KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1464082143945.jpg
369KB, 800x799px
>>13634
>not putting on a fast reflect shield and the ATATATATA fist
>>
File: masers.gif (2MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
masers.gif
2MB, 500x269px
>>13636
basically a godzilla reference
>>
>>13639
That doesn't give you the satisfying lunge as you fire and penetrate bugs with explosives.
>>
I just got this game new from ebay thanks to this thread. I hope it's fun as fuck like a the old ps2 games from the mid 2000s
>>
>>13634
>he doesn't dual wield Gallic heavy cannons
>he doesn't like to kill everything in a three mile radius without needing to move
>>
>>13640
you mean literally
>>
>post yfw giant insects can fly
>>
File: 1392155443704.jpg (608KB, 771x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1392155443704.jpg
608KB, 771x1157px
>>13645
>>
File: 1460927507610.png (938KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460927507610.png
938KB, 1280x720px
>>13645
>>
File: 1388480865718.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1388480865718.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>13645
>>
File: 1488373963534.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488373963534.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>13645
>tfw i'm afraid of giant insects
>this whole game
>suddenly the hornets
>>
File: jackhammer.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
jackhammer.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>13641
Maybe not but I love kiting swarms of ants or spiders and ripping them to shreds with reflected webs followed by a rapid fisting.
>>
>5 is another reboot
Why do they keep doing this? I hate having the mothership as a final boss every other game, I want shit like the Floating City or the Earth Eaters more
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.