[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 45

I think Skyward Sword is the best of all the games. (I've played all the games except BotW)
>>
I agree, it shits all over ALttP and Link's Awakening.
>>
>>12265
>trying to force the zelda cycle meme
Botw isn't very good but it's still better than SS
>>
>>12265
Is this playable on dolphin?
>>
>>12267
this. BOTW has finally broken the zelda cycle because everyone who has played it can agree its a better game than skyward sword
>>
File: HYRULE_to_TERMINA.jpg (402KB, 2000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
HYRULE_to_TERMINA.jpg
402KB, 2000x1100px
MM will always be the best
>>
>>12267
>isn't very good
how dare you
>>
BOTW shits all over SS
>>
>>12270
OoT = MM
>>
SS is a good game, with some flaws, but good nonetheless
>>
>>12270
Huh, Termina means ends in spanish.
>>
>>12265
It's a good game and what it does right it does really right (I really enjoyed the motion controls...when they worked, and some of the dungeons and bosses were pretty sweet,) but it had a lot of shortcomings too.

I think it's my least favorite 3D Zelda, just a little worse than TP, but it's still a very good game, this is just a series with a high bar.

With that said you should play BotW, OP, ignore the memes I legitimately believe its the best game in the series by a large margin.
>>
>>12275

nope it is a verbal form not a noun
>>
>>12276
>worse than TP
>TP is bad

what
>>
>>12277
Yeah, but you know what I mean
>>
Fuck you /v/ I LIKED the Tadtones mission.
It was awesome seeing a part of the game you have already explored completely flooded, but still explorable.
Like that one part in Mario Sunshine
>>
File: 28e.png (264KB, 840x876px) Image search: [Google]
28e.png
264KB, 840x876px
>>12276
I'm planning to get a Wii U just for the HD remakes and BotW.
I already have a hacked 3DS. Having the entire series in just two consoles seem's cool.
>>
>>12265
It's a good game, I like the N64 games better but it's better than BotW, WW or TP.
>>
While it has a lot of nice moments the badness FAR out weight the good.
>Fi
>Repeating information on the collectables
Even worse after all the annoyance people had with the rubees in TP but this is 20 times worse
>Most linear game
>Having to travel to Skyloft to go to a different area
>Skyloft is fairly bland outside of a couple of side stuff you can do
>Nearly all the dungeons outside of Cistern (mostly because of the boss fight) and Sandship (despite the boss fight)
>Outside of Groose and Zelda no one really matters (Impa kind of but not by much)
TP at least had some interesting NPC you meet and have fun with. SS feels like you are doing everything alone which I guess is fine but man it feels boring to me
>Just 3 areas that expands but never really feel like one big area
The motions controls when work feels good but it does get annoying fighting enemies with the electric clubs that seem to move them around randomly
>>
File: 1485435389221.png (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1485435389221.png
12KB, 160x160px
>>12270
What is this image trying to show? Is this one of those memes where people highly praise things that are completely average?
>>
>>12278
Again, all 3D games in the series are good, I just found TP to be one of the weaker ones in comparison.

The game has a lot of slow and tedious sections, as well as the world being very big with not much in it. The dungeon items are overly specific and gimmicky, and overall the Twilight/Wolf Link stuff was kind of boring to me.

There's still some really cool stuff there, but those flaws hold it back for me.
>>
>>12268
Yeah. Pretty much perfectly as far as i can tell. Just make sure to play with a real wiimote.
>>
>>12267
This. SS is objectively the worst zelda and it will never stop being bad
>>
the only good ss is straight shota
>>
>always liked SS
>now whenever I express a positive opinion about it le zelda cycle meme XD

It had annoying parts, but the rest of the game made up for it. The crafting/RPG elements were don very well and the excellent writing made me really enjoy it. The areas were linear but they still had secrets if you looked hard enough. Overall if you could get over FI nagging you all the time it was a really solid game.
>>
File: 1456882209681.png (8KB, 410x346px) Image search: [Google]
1456882209681.png
8KB, 410x346px
>>12269
there never was a fucking zelda cycle and anyone trying to push it is a memester.

WW is massively overrated. TP is overly hated. OoT and MM have always been the best of the series. BotW is a fantastic game and I'm glad it lived up to expectations

SS is an abomination.
>>
>>12289
>Excellent writing

adding words doesn't make it better
>>
>>12281
Just letting you know:

The original WW plays better than the HD remake. Remake has a lot of QoL improvements like fast sailing, gyro, and a few more menu options but the new lighting engine fucks up the art style and the bloom is stupid and not needed. If you can just emulate the original in widescreen it's 1000 times better.

TPHD is legitimately the best way to play the game. BotW just got a patch that improves framerates.
>>
File: 1489372821520.png (7KB, 829x829px) Image search: [Google]
1489372821520.png
7KB, 829x829px
>>12292
Thanks, anon
>>
>>12291
But it was. The game's tutorial, while slow, gave you a reason to care about and rescue Zelda. I truly felt like Link wanted to rescue his childhood friend. The sidequests actually allowed you to make decisions and interact with characters in a different way. The writing in SS is pretty good.
>>
>>12293
it might be entirely personal but I really do think the art style of WW trumps its gameplay and taking that away from the game honestly it loses a lot of its charm. The gameplay is arguably the weakest of the series and does not save it.

>>12294
>The game's tutorial, while slow, gave you a reason to care about and rescue Zelda.
if you have extremely low standards for writing, then sure.

>The sidequests actually allowed you to make decisions
what fucking game did you play? The sidequests have no effect on the main game at all nor do they change the story at all.
>>
>>12295
>if you have extremely low standards for writing, then sure.
Alright fag, describe how it's bad. I gave you my arguments you give me yours
>what fucking game did you play? The sidequests have no effect on the main game at all nor do they change the story at all.
Not what I said. The decisions you make in each sidequest affect the characters differently. There is more to one ending in most of the sidequests.
>>
>>12266
>shits over ALttP

LOL? are you fucking 12?
>>
>>12281
/r/wiiuhacks

enjoy anon
>>
>>12285
How is TP one of the weaker when it had the best dungeons, which is literally the most important part of Zelda?
Everything else in between is filler.
>>
>>12265

Nice graphics...if this was being played on PS3.
>>
>>12288
gay shota is pretty cool too
>>
>>12296
>Alright fag, describe how it's bad.
You want to rescue Zelda because she's nice to you. Groose bullies you at "knight school" because he's the bad guy and doesn't like you. Zelda comes in and defends you because she likes you. Then she falls off a bird and goes to the surface.

That's it.

I honestly don't even know what else to say, the opening has very very very little development for any of the characters and they all feel like flat stereotypes. Zelda's a moeblob slice-of-life anime regular and has literally no development throughout the story.

Beyond that the story is retarded anyways. Why are you in "knight school" for an island that's smaller than a Walmart? Is there anything to defend against? Did OoT link go to "Kokori School"?

After you get off the island it doesn't even matter.

>The decisions you make in each sidequest affect the characters differently. There is more to one ending in most of the sidequests.

oh wow now the guy can do pushups. How moving.

Now the mom's house is all clean up. Really interesting.

Now that one guy is in love with the girl. Magical.

It's generic as fuck and none of them are remotely interesting.
>>
>>12270
I like how MM gets straight to the point instead of fucking around with tutorials in a village.
>>
>>12265
>>12266
>>12282

my niggs
>>
OoT propped every other 3D Zelda game into the greatest of all time even though they've failed to find to right style and have been rigid gameplay wise.
>>
>>12303
>Gets straight to the point
>Tutorial is you as a Deku for an entire three day cycle with nothing to do but a shitty mini game
>>
File: dreamcast.webm (2MB, 2048x1102px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.webm
2MB, 2048x1102px
i unironically think the dreamcast is the best console ever
>>
>>12267
>isn't very good
Saying the new Zelda game isn't good is the first stage of the Zelda Cycle.
>>
>>12281
FYI:
Just to confirm what another anon said the WW remake isn't as good as the original. It feels soulless in comparison and this is coming from someone who played part of the remake and had to stop to play the original again instead.
>>
Unpopular opinion: I think OP's mom is a fine and virtuous woman.
>>
>>12303
Majora's Mask has the worst intro scenario in the whole series. A convoluted series of hide-and-seek, going to observatories, and deku scrub property. And you probably do all this in the first day with no way to skip time yet so you just have to stand around tower for like 30 minutes.

I love MM but it has the worst opening sequence.
>>
I think /v/ needs more /pol/, not less.
>>
>>12291
good story and music
>>
>>12307
That webm is fucking cool. We need more made for other consoles.
>>
>>12307
It really was a fucking great console, and Soulcalibur and Shenmue alone justified its existence.
>>
>>12311
It's a good intro because it weeds out retards who can't figure out how to survive the first 3 days
>>
>>12314
The issue is number of games on a system. Might work for Wii U but nearly every other system has too many games to make something like that and have the file size small enough to post.
>>
>>12317
It doesn't have to include every great game. That webm is even missing quite a few of them as it is.
>>
>>12311
if you know what you're doing it's literally over in less than 10 minutes.
>>
>>12316
No it's an awful intro because you spend most of it waiting around doing absolutely nothing.
>>
File: Zelda ALBW.gif (806KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda ALBW.gif
806KB, 500x273px
>>12269
>BOTW has finally broken the zelda cycle
ALBW broke the "cycle"
>>
>>12311
>with no way to skip time yet
There are two scarecrows in the shop and in the Obvservatory that you can use to advance time even as a Deku
>>
>>12270
>Steal door

Hahahahahaha
>>
>>12321
Outside the DS games all the handheld Zelda games were great. So that's not really saying much.
>>
>>12302
You just sound like a bitter faggot who skips dialogue and is determined not to like something. I'm glad I can still enjoy things and haven't turned into you.
>>
>>12324
well in theory this one was in 3d
so it is a mainline game
>>
File: 1463783101221.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1463783101221.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
Outside of TP, it's my least favorite of the 3D Zelda games, but even then it's not bad. The people who call SS bad are the type of people who constantly exaggerate a game's issues out the ass for attention/shitposting. It's a mediocre game at worst.
>>
SS isn't a bad game, it's just a bad zelda
>>
>>12326
Naw it's top down 2D like other handheld Zelda. GBA games had levels just like ALBW so there's not really much about it that 3D outside of the style.
>>
>>12265
It's not a good game but it's better than botw at least.
>>
The humor in A Link Between Worlds turned me off to it completely.
How is the new four swords game?
>>
>>12328
>a linear, hand-holding game with shit pacing is a good game because it has Zelda in the title
>>
>>12327
That's not an unpopular opinion
Most people know that SS is a decent game, it's just a shitty Zelda game. 8/10 or 7/10 as a game, probably a 6/10 if you compare it to the rest of the series. Forced long tutorials and fucking Fi destroyed it.
>>
>>12320
On repeat playthroughs yes, it is an inconvenience. But the first time through it's a frantic race to figure out wtf you can do to avoid getting incinerated.

Memorable and uncompromising sequence that sets the tone for the rest of the game.
>>
>emtpy sky with pointless islands and tedious flight system
>recycled boss fights
>revisiting the same areas several times
>awful game-stretchers like Tadtones
>most obnoxious companion ever
>item collection is pointlessly annoying and stops you every time you collect one
>combat is basically a motion-control Simon Says
>soundtrack has a few standout pieces but overall nothing special compared to previous Zelda games

SS sure was a great game.
>>
>>12333
>8/10
Let's be real it's a 7/10, only Zelda game I have never and have no intent to replay as well.
>>
>>12265
I didn't play BotW but I very loved SS. It was better than shitty TP.
>>
>>12336
>only Zelda game I have never and have no intent to replay as well.
That and TP for me. They have zero replayability with those forced tutorials and boring as fuck fetch sections
>>
>>12327
It's not horrible but I wouldn't call it that good. All the dungeons outside of 2 are pretty meh or bad. None stop handholding that you can never turn off. Collectables that keep explaining things after you reset. Motion controls wasn't bad but it really shouldn't have been a core mechanic (but since everyone demanded it because of the Wiimote Nintendo didn't really have a choice). Personally the only world that I felt was interesting was the desert area (forest/water was nice but wasn't great).

Guess the issue is that TP is just OoT 2.0 but bland as fuck. SS tries new things but a lot of them just didn't work. Guess the good news is that BOTW took a lot of SS ideas and actually made work.
>>
I'm guessing it's still not worth playing this on PC without an actual Wiimote?
>>
>>12339
>Guess the good news is that BOTW took a lot of SS ideas and actually made work.
You don't know how I amazed I was playing those first few hours of BOTW and seeing all of the things in SS finally being worth it, like the upgrade and item systems that never meant anything in SS being something important to gameplay you crave to find those pieces. I love BOTW so much.
>>
>>12340
You're not missing out. It's not the worst game ever but the highlights don't really make up for the constant stream of mediocrity and missed potential that the game entails.
>>
>>12325
Not him but nice argument there, buddy.

>>12336
It's an alright game, not very good but not trash either.
>>
>>12339
>>12341
Same director.
>>
>>12265
It's the best Zelda besides BotW
>>
>>12342
Maybe. But it would be neat to play it.
>>
>>12346
If you play it on PC you can remove Fi and tutorials, already a better experience
>>
>>12344
And same producer. Nintendo tends to keep a lot of the same people working on the same IP unless they request to do something different. Like a few of the Animal Crossing people decided to make Splatoon.
>>
>>12265
The new Rito look better than the old Rito.
>>
OoT: 9/10
MM: 7/10
WW: 6/10
TP: 5/10
SS: 6/10
BOTW: 7/10
>>
>>12311
Even if you don't skip with the scarecrow shit is still shorter than TP's and SS's. What the fuck.
>>
>>12265
SS has top tier Zelda lore
WW does too but its story depends on OoT to matter at all
BotW had great lore but the end felt lacking (yes I got the true ending). I think all the time they took writing item descriptions took away attention from whoever was supposed to finish the narrative.

BotW is best gameplay since Zelda 1 and the most original gameplay since Zelda 2. The OoT style and its derivatives are good but you can see the formula collapsing into itself by SS.

Majora's Mask is a piece of shit. It's a literal recycled sprites game that would've been OoT DLC if DLC was a thing during the N64 era.

What SS and BotW do better than any of the others is how they tie the franchise together. As you're wandering through the games and seeing subtle references to every other game in the series (neat fan service in BotW for mostly name drop purposes, necessary godly lore building in SS since it's the first in the timeline).
>>
File: 1475114750867.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475114750867.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>12350
>MM lower than OoT
>>
>>12350
I'm not done with BOTW yet and don't know if it's hype but at the moment I think BOTW is the best in the series. The series finally feels like it advanced. The only thing I'm kind of missing right now is the amazing OST and its memorable Zelda tracks.

>>12344
Anouma got his ass kicked and finally made something good. I'm glad he stopped making baby games for his child.
>>
>>12350
This sounds about right for a non-nintendo inflated review score
>>
File: 1456773791356.jpg (31KB, 563x421px) Image search: [Google]
1456773791356.jpg
31KB, 563x421px
>>12325
>I can enjoy things that are bad that makes them good :(
I get more of an emotional response playing LA than I do SS.
>>
>>12352
>judging Zelda games based on "lore"

What fucking bullshit. SS wishes it was even close to being on MM's level.

Also MM has the best sidequests in the series which actually enhanced the fucking lore of the game, just that it's fairly self-contained rather than trying to bank on some vague timeline bullshit.
>>
>>12354
>I'm glad he stopped making baby games for his child.
His child grew up and now he's a teen playing Skyrim and Assassins Creed it seems like.
>>
>>12357
>game based around side quests has the best ones
I mean I'd hope so.
>>
File: bandolier.png (139KB, 220x328px) Image search: [Google]
bandolier.png
139KB, 220x328px
>>12268

Yes, I beat it with a PS4 controller, it was a hell of a ride to configure it tho
>>
>>12296
Contrarians are insufferable. Links relationship with Zelda in SS is far and away the best in the series.
>>
>>12357
It's part of the immersion, dicknuts. Majora's Mask could have easily been reskinned without changing any of the story or dialogue and it wouldn't even occur to you that it was ever a Zelda game. It does nothing for the series.
>>
>>12354
Anouma kept saying he was scared of people getting lost and dying but I guess after so many angry letters from pretty much everyone after SS major heads took him in a room and told him to stop it.
>>
>>12362
Except for the fact that it plays like a Zelda game. You're just really hung up on reused assets.
>>
>>12363
Aonuma didn't direct either SS or BotW though.
>>
>>12361
I liked Spirit Tracks better

>tfw was hyped for SS because I wanted romance between the two
>ended up not liking Zelda that much
Probably Fi talking about her every 10 seconds. I stopped caring and wanted it to be over
>>
>>12364
Plays like Zelda why - because Z targeting and items that help you uncover secrets in areas? I guess that makes Metroid Prime one of the best Zelda games ever.
>>
>>12362
>It does nothing for the series.

It does much more for the series by actually being a good game. Maybe not the absolute best but definitely way above fucking SS.

I don't give a shit if SS explains why Link has the Master Sword or something, the game itself is still lackluster. MM or LA don't do much for the timeline or some shit but they're still much more enjoyable on the point of being, well, better games.
>>
>>12353

OoT innovated something, MM had a better story but I still stand by the time mechanic was ass
>>
>>12368
It's literally the Doki Doki Panic of the series. I'm not saying it doesn't have interesting gameplay ideas but it feels like not a Zelda game with Zelda sprites shoehorned in because Nintendo knew it wouldn't sell without name recognition.
>>
>>12369
I think the only thing that made the time mechanic kind of bad was losing items you collected. The time mechanic was great for the side quests.
>>
>>12361
Spirit tracks did it better.
It's always the people who haven't played any games to call people contrarians.
>>
>>12372
>>
>>12350
I don't understand how you can rank SS above TP. At least TP has functioning mechanics and an overworld that is bigger than a schoolyard.
>>
>>12265
It is a very pretty game, but held back by the Wii's hardware.

It served as a good testbed for ideas that were very well refined for BotW.
>>
>>12373
adorable :3 expression
>>
>>12374

Because its OoT 7(?) years later. The lack of ambition was outstanding
Also it looked like a french emos fantasyland
>>
>>12265
what about it do you find better than the other games?
>>
>>12311

>t.played with a guide
>>
>>12377
TP being uncreative (in your eyes at least) doesn't make it a worse game than Skyward Sword, a game that failed on every level.
>>
>>12380
skyward sword has better music than the outdated midi shit in tp
>>
>>12381
This is true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E
>>
>>12286
I only own a Ps4 controller. Is there a way to play with it or I have to buy a wiimote?
>>
Skyward Sword is a prototype of Breath of the Wild. Why would you expect a prototype to be any good?
>>
>>12381
From a qualitative standpoint yes, however I can't remember a single tune from ss besides the main theme
>>
>>12384
The only thing they have in common is the stamina meter.
>>
>>12265
>Skyward sword is the worst game!
why
>muh-motion controls!
Not if you do it right and dont swing it around like a spastic monkey, itll stay synced and work flawlessly
>>
>>12386
Wrong.
>>
>>12387
>thinking motion controls is the only thing worth complaining about in SS

Nice one.
>>
>>12387
motion controls can't be done right much like eating shit can't be done right
>>
>>12284
That termina is in a differen't dimension or some shit.
>>
>>12265

I think TP is the best in the series.

Fight me.
>>
>>12387
Skyward Sword being bad has nothing to do with the controls and everything to do with how it latches onto your hand and refuses to let go like a psychotic ex-girlfriend.
>>
>>12265
It really isn't, but ok.
>>
>>12390
The Galaxy games made very good use of motion controls, aiming the Star Bits with it was great and they were never intrusive.

Metroid Prime 3 and Skyward Sword are the biggest offenders of "MOTION CONTROLS XD"
>>
>>12392
I think Twilight Princess fucking sucks, so how about you suck on my dick?
>>
>>12396
That depends. Are you going to dress up as Link? I can be Midna.
>>
File: twofaced5.jpg (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
twofaced5.jpg
58KB, 250x250px
>>12270
>>12275
>>12277
>>12279

it is a popular fan theory that MM takes place after this iteration of Link (presumably the OOT Link but it could be any Link) has died, the fact that termina means end, or could be short for "terminal" along with how the game has parallels for the stages of grieving imply that it is about Link coming to terms with the fact that he died.

I am not doing the theory justice here so if you are interested you can google around for more.
>>
>>12388
Nope, you're wrong :)
>>
>>12397
are you cute?
>>
>>12316
>>12317
>>12318
>>12320
>>12321
>>12322
>>12323
>>12324
>>12325
>>12326
>>12327
>>12328
>>12329
>>12330
>>12331
>>12332

>>12358
>>12360
>>12357
>>12361

april fools haha
april fools haha
april fools haha
april fools haha
april fools haha
hahahahahaha
>>
>>12395
>Metroid Prime 3 and Skyward Sword are the biggest offenders of "MOTION CONTROLS XD"
Right, you just hate motion controls regardless of whether or not they're actually well-implemented. Anything beyond some pointing-and-clicking is too much?

Went back and played Prime 1 and 2 on GC after playing the trilogy on Wii, the motion controls in the Prime games are great, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>12399
Nope. You are.
>>
>>12398
>it is a popular fan theory that MM takes place after this iteration of Link (presumably the OOT Link but it could be any Link) has died
Maybe if you have actual brain damage or didn't play TP.
>>
oh, haha I get it, April''s fools!
>>
>>12402
They were well implemented in the Galaxy games, having you do stupid stuff like pumping your arm back and forth to open a door is completely retarded and unnecessary.
>>
>>12398
Pretty much every franchise ever has that theory and most times (including this one) only retarded people take it seriously.
>>
>>12396

What about it sucks exactly.
>>
File: 1457998998759.jpg (186KB, 801x530px) Image search: [Google]
1457998998759.jpg
186KB, 801x530px
I want clear answers. Why is Spirit Tracks hated? Controlling Link with the stylus was not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Being able to use Zelda to possess the suits of armor was a very nice addition to the gameplay. The dungeons were great. The only negatives I can honestly think of are the weird old half-wheelchair people, catching rabbits being a pain in the ass, and Not-Ganon being the boss.
>>
>>12403
You keep saying that even though you're the one in the wrong here. SAD!
>>
>>12404

I never finished TP cause I didn't like it but I know it is canon on the LoZ timeline that the OOT link had to fail at least once in order for some of the events to take place, it could be just as likely that he failed more than once and the results are the events of MM.

My favorite Zelda game was Zelda II: The Adventures of Link so you can draw whatever conclusions from that you would like about my taste or intellect. As far as the most fun zelda games to play and replay I would rank Link to the Past and Majora's Mask as the highest
>>
>>12409
The stupid whistling into the mic didn't work even though it was mandatory.
>>
>>12410
Actually, you're wrong.
>>
>>12411
The official timeline has MM take place after a victorious battle against ganon in Oot with a child Link that has been sent back into time. TP takes place after TP and FSA after that.
>>
>>12412
The mic was working though
>whistling
You're supposed to just blow so it will detect something. You don't actually whistle, and in fact whistling may actually hurt because much less air is coming out.
>>
I really liked SS and I never found Fi annoying. In fact I enjoyed all the little lore bits even if she did tell me nothing I already knew.

What annoyed me was playing on Wii. I really prefer a controller, mind you the motion controls were good. It's just too much. It's the same reason I hesitate to replay it, or replay Mario Galaxy and play the second one.
The more I think of it, the more I realize I fucking hate the Wii.
>>
File: highfive.png (608KB, 636x378px) Image search: [Google]
highfive.png
608KB, 636x378px
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask combined make for the best 3D Zelda experience
>>
>>12413
Lying anon repeats obviously false statements publicly. What a dork. You're wrong
>>
>>12398
>taking gay theories seriously
boi
>>
>>12267
OP says he hasn't played the new zelda yet.
>>
>>12415
It doesn't work in the Wii U VC version at least.
>>
>>12307
can one emulate shenmue 1 and/or 2?

Been dying to play those games.
>>
>>12269
The Zelda Cycle is a meme made by SS apologists
>>
File: 1415289944091.jpg (23KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
1415289944091.jpg
23KB, 285x281px
>>12419
I was more or less trying to point out that it is pretty obvious that the word termina has the same roots in latin based languages for end or death and went off on a tangent. I am glad that your response added something meaningful to this thread :)
>>
>>12421
>Wii U VC
That might be the problem. This is a game that took complete advantage of the DS's features. It'd probably be hell to emulate it.
>>
>>12265
Minish Cap is the best but I expect people to lie on April Fools Day.
>>
>>12265
It was a good game. If they make a HD remaster on switch that refines the controls a bit and fixes some of the obvious issues with fi and the sky, then it would definitely be a great game.
>>
It's sad to know that had Nintendo just mapped the motion controls to the right thumbstick, the game would be infinitely better.
>>
>>12425
It works really well thanks to the gamepad, the microphone really is the only problem
>>
>>12265
I want to play it for just completion sake, but I don't want to spend money on a controller for one fucking game. And the only way to play it with a regular controller is with a janky old build of Dolphin. I'm tempted to port the M+ emulation to the current Dolphin, but then it would still be shit to control without some sort of canned motion gesture system.
>>
>>12265
FUCKING ZELDA CYCLE!!!!!
>>
>>12281
Just did this. Hacking the WiiU is actually fucking easier than hacking the Wii was.

You literally just load up an SD card with the shit you need, run the web browser, bam. You're in Homebrew launcher and can install whatever you want to a hard drive/flash drive.

Right now, I have WWHD, TPHD, and BotW on there. They all run great. And TPHD is leagues better than the Gamecube/Wii version.
>>
>>12428
No it wouldn't. If you fucking autists could get over your irrational fear of motion controls for one second you'd realise Skyward Sword is a shit game for many reasons besides the controls. The controls are the least of its issues and are actually kind of fun in places
>>
>>12267
>isn't very good
>easily better than 99,9999% of video games out there

Please stop posting. People like you are literally the reason /v/ is fucking trash.
>>
>>12432
Yeah, it's so nice that you don't have to fuck around with IOSs and all that crap
>>
>>12435
A-fucking-men.
I spent so much time fiddling with all the IOS's after doing bannerbomb and shit, and the thing STILL requires me to fuck with settings in USB Loader GX from time to time.
>>
File: Bokoblin_(Skyward_Sword).png (308KB, 394x553px) Image search: [Google]
Bokoblin_(Skyward_Sword).png
308KB, 394x553px
>>12387
Spits on established 3D Zelda rules; only one village, no weather effects, no day and night cycle, NPCs have no cycle either, no overworld connecting everything, just an empty sky from which you pick levels like in a Mario game, some extremely tedious "puzzles" and obstacles that just drag on and on (especially in the desert, everything with the beetle item, for example). Some truly horrible graphics mostly. No exploration; everything is right in front of you. All the best music tracks were wasted on cutscenes instead of locations. Absolutely horrible designs for enemies and tribes.

That was very easy.
>>
>>12436
It's a shame that you can't inject games into the few Wii VC games there are yet. Then there'd be no reason to load up the vWii at all.
>>
>>12433
The game itself is no better or worse than TP. But the fact that the motion controls decide to go full on retarded sometimes, regardless of Wii Motion+ or a controller with it built in? Makes the game a fucking chore.

If you could play it without motion controls, it'd be a perfectly normal Zelda game.

For the record, I am fine with motion controls. I use gyroscopic controls any time I can for aiming, because they're more accurate than extremely imprecise analog movements. So quit trying to come up with some bullshit arbitrary reasoning behind it - SS's motion controls are just bad, most of the time. Especially in comparison to something like the Metroid Prime ports. Which don't even require Wii Motion+.
>>
>>12335
Bamboo Island is one of the best Zelda songs period... and that's all I have to say
>>
>>12437
Don't forget the worst thing: The Imprisoned Boss fights. The fact that you have to beat this design atrocity three times is absolutely unforgivable.
>>
>>12391
Oh. Well it's wrong then.
>>
>>12439
>The game itself is no better or worse than TP
Oh, it's worse
>>
>>12440
Well I did say the game has a few standout pieces. The problem is most of the soundtrack consists of this bland and forgettable music that you don't even remember the moment you stop playing.
>>
>>12443
TP is garbage though. So how can it be worse?
>>
>>12335
Most of what you said can be applied to BotW yet people somehow still thinks that's the best game ever made. I really don't get it even after trying it on the Switch. It's boring, open world filled with nothing, tons of recycled fights etc.
>>
>>12445
If TP is garbage then SS is a horrible, bloody shit you have to take after eating garbage
>>
>>12370
That's completely backwards though, they originally wanted to expand OoT with more sidequests/dungeons that they couldn't get into the base game, then scrapped that because the Disk Drive wasn't going anywhere and split it off between Master Quest and MM.
>>
>>12445
TP is better than Windwaker you cuck
>>
>>12444
Yep not disagreeing or anything just stating that the game does at least have 1 songs that's miles better than other Zelda
>>
>>12380
>TP being uncreative (in your eyes at least) doesn't make it a worse game than Skyward Sword

Yeah it does. SS was lame, but actually tried to innovate more than TP and made clear efforts to actually fix serious flaws that had been plaguing the series for years (like the pointlessness of resource collecting).
>>
>>12439
It is worse than TP and I don't particularly like TP. In fact I think TP is shit in a lot of ways.

I went into SS completely blind, I didn't know it was shit, I hadn't read any reviews - I went in thinking it was going to be a legit Zelda game. But it wasn't. It never opens up. The whole thing is fucking claustrophobic and tedious. I kept thinking it would open up any minute but it never did and it just kept sending me back to the same areas. It starts off really slow and basically stays slow for the rest of the game. The whole thing was just a drag. The story and soundtrack was good though I enjoyed that aspect a lot. But as a Zelda game it is way too linear and there is only like 3 areas in the entire game. It's a frustrating experience and I never had any major issues with the controls. In fact at times they were the only source of entertainment
>>
>>12451
Innovation means nothing if it goes nowhere with it.
>>
>>12451
>and made clear efforts to actually fix serious flaws that had been plaguing the series for years
True and it deserves credit for that. The problem is though that for every flaw it fixed, it created 10 new design mistakes of its own.
>>
>>12451
>>12453
Most of the "efforts" to fix flaws didn't amount to shit. How is item collection in SS not pointless as fuck? It tries to have some upgrading system but the upgrades are boring and you don't really need them since the game is piss easy in the first place.
>>
>>12452
>I went in thinking it was going to be a legit Zelda game. But it wasn't. It never opens up.

That was my exact experience with TP. IT does technically 'open up', but when it does you realize there's nothing interesting to do whatsoever. With SS it was pretty clear to me that the game, while not as bad as what TP put me through, was just not going to get any better, so I just quit playing it half way through.
>>
>>12451
so by that logic star fox zero is the best star fox game? kill yourself
>>
>>12457
Just how bad was StarFox Zero?
>>
>>12456
I really thought SS was going to get better. Until they sent me to same fucking volcano for a third time. Then it dawned on me what was happening. I could not fucking believe it
>>
>>12458
one of the worst games nintendo ever made. it borders on unplayable. even speedrunners have difficulty with the controls
>>
File: Magitsbox.jpg (26KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
Magitsbox.jpg
26KB, 250x323px
Metal Arms is a not a good game. It controls like absolute garbage, the framerate is so bad it's actually hilarious especially when there's more than 3 enemies on screen, the muddy visuals make it even harder to see what the fuck you should be shooting at etc. the game's lone saving grace is the multiplayer, which is actually quite fun.
>>
>>12449
wrong
>>
>>12265
skyward sword is a fuckin amazing game when the motion controls are working as intended

but whenever there is any hiccup it really ruins the moment
>>
>>12459
I had the same experience. It was dreadful. It made me read up on game design for the first time just so I could articulate what was wrong with that game.
>>
>>12453
>>12454
>>12455
I don't disagree with any of that, but I still hold that TP was so much more tedious and unimaginative that it's easily the worse game.
>>
>>12463
Yeah if you liked Donkey Kong 64 but thought it needed more backtracking and collect-a-thon.
>>
>>12465
How was it more tedious than backtracking to every area three times? Doing the Imprisoned fight three times? Revisiting a fucking dungeon? Dowsing?
>>
Figured this is a good thread to ask.

I've only played and finished Minish Cap and Link's Awakening DX (I think I finished DX, at least)

What other games should I play, what versions of these games should I play and what order should I play them in?

Thanks bros.
>>
>>12468
If you want more handheld Zelda play Oracle of Ages and Seasons (Minish Cap director's debut on the series, he'd later go on to direct Breath of the Wild)
>>
>>12468
All of them that's not Skyward Sword. Oracles are the ones most similar to LA and MC. Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are de facto most acclaimed ones.
>>
>>12468
ALttP, OoA/OoS, OoT and then MM.
>>
>>12281
The 3DS is great for Zelda games

Digital:
>The Legend of Zelda
>The Adventure of Link
>A Link to the Past (New 3Ds only)
>Link's Awakening
>Ocarcle of Ages
>Oracle of Seasons
>Four Swords Anniversary Edition
>The Minish Cap

Cart:
>Phantom Hourglass
>Spirit Tracks
>Ocarina of Time
>Majora's Mask
>A Link Between Worlds
>Tri Force Heroes
>Hyrule Warriors Legends

I hope they can pump out another one using the OoT 3D or ALBW engines
>>
>>12406
>having you do stupid stuff like pumping your arm back and forth to open a door is completely retarded and unnecessary.

What does that have to do with the superior aiming of Prime 3?
>>
I think Skyrim is one of the best games ever made, and it seriously deserves the accolades it gets.

I logged so many hours of that on the 360. I play it every once in a while on PC, but I'm kind of burnt out on it.
>>
>>12302
>Zelda's a moeblob slice-of-life anime regular and has literally no development throughout the story.
Zelda had an arc, she learned that she was Hylia in human form and chose to pray at the shrines or whatever
She even expresses remorse for placing Link in his situation
I only played the game once but I can easily recall the journey from carefree Zelda at the beginning to a more solemn and dedicated character at the end. It's not exactly subtle
>>
The entire first half of TP feels like one of the absolute best sections of a zelda game for me

just really liked how its world felt like
>>
>>12433
That sounds fun.
>>
>>12469
>>12471
>>12470
Thanks. What order and should I play handheld OoT/MM or console OoT/MM? What about Master Quest, ALBW and the original NES Zeldas?

>>12472
Agreed. I played the 2 games I listed on my O3DS. But a few of your titles aren't on O3DS or run like shit on it, so I'd change that to N3DS* instead of 3DS.
>>
The only Zelda game I never finished. Fuck you Skyward Sword you gigantic turd. Game is shit tier.
>>
>>12406
They were barley implemented in the galaxy games, at least in the first, you waved the pointer around and picked up star bits, that's it.

Other than what you mentioned, the motion controls in the Prime are better in every way.
>>
>>12381
You should listen to the ZREO TP soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3K7fLa-KgU

TP had the most cinematic soundtrack of the games, hope we go back to this style for the next one
>>
>>12401
>I was pr-pretending
>>
A Link Between Worlds is so good it's killing me that they wasted their time on that four swords game and still haven't announced a sequel
>>
>>12275
really makes you think
>>
>>12475
>Zelda had an arc, she learned that she was Hylia in human form and chose to pray at the shrines or whatever
an arc implies that there's more than 2 story points. It's an arc after all, you see the transformation. SS Zelda has a change that has very little context and you don't see her personality change. It's the same problem with WW, but even then Tetra had 1000000x the character SS Zelda did.
>>
>>12483
Same, though Tri Force Heroes was good. ALBW with a new map would be the perfect Zelda game, BotW is close but is too big and empty at times.
>>
>>12265
>>12266
SS is so trash that I had to play ALttP afterward just so Zelda wouldn't be utterly tainted for me forever.
>>
>>12483
>>12486
It's bad enough that they used Toon Link and then angled it as an ALBW sequel at release

An ALBW sequel with a new set of overworlds (need to keep the dual world mechanic imo) would be great. It's about time we had another Zelda set outside of Hyrule
>>
>>12488
until Koizumi is freed from the Mario factory we will never get another unconventional zelda story.
>>
>>12437
>no day and night cycle

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>12490
Nighttime only appears in one place, and there's no cycle.
>>
>>12302

>Why are you in "knight school" for an island that's smaller than a Walmart?

Yeah and where does everybody poop! Fuck you it's a video game, Wind Waker said that for generations the people of outset island sent kids out garbed in green but there's like 8 people on the island. This is every videogame ever.
>>
>>12490
nigger did you? A cycle implies it's automatic. It literally cannot change if you don't force it to, and even then you're restricted to Beetle's island or Skyloft.
>>
>>12489
Jesus Christ, stop overrating Koizumi's impact on MM based on /v/'s word of mouth. He did not write MM, a lot of people worked on that game. Koizumi only came up with the idea of a countdown being played over the game.
>>
>>12487
How is that possible? SS ended on a high note.
>>
Megaman 2 is extremely overrated. I also think that this should not be an unpopular opinion, but it is due to nostalgia and self-perpetuating fame.

Music is fucking rad though.
>>
>>12267
>BotW isn't very good
Why does /v/ do this
>>
>>12492
>Wind Waker said that for generations the people of outset island sent kids out garbed in green but there's like 8 people on the island.
it wasn't just outset island you dumbass, it was a generational thing that all boys did.'

The knight's school is retarded because this implies that Link isn't special at all and that being a knight was just a thing he did. It also has the fucking stupid anime trope of "I'm just a regular school boy I can't believe this crazy story happened!" It's a lame setting for Zelda and stupid given the context that this is supposed to be the furthest game back in the timeline, especially considering that education is probably the furthest thing an ancient society like this would have.

Also what the fuck are they guarding against there's literally never any danger surrounding the city.

>>12494
Koizumi was one of the central driving forces behind OoT, MM, LA, and the best Mario games. Don't act like he's not an integral piece of the puzzle.

>>12495
>hey guys we have this new villain that's totally not ganon!
>hey guys check it out it's a new muppet monster that's totally not ganon!
>That guy with the hair is ganon? NO No no! It's "Demise"! He's totally not ganon!
>>
File: The_Imprisoned.png (2MB, 1626x1811px) Image search: [Google]
The_Imprisoned.png
2MB, 1626x1811px
>>12498

Are you literally retarded? Demise is the main villian of SS from the start.
>>
>>12499
It's the Imprisoned. Demise is revealed at the end and it's ganon, though they refuse to call him that.

The Ganon bait and switches fucking annoy me: I hated it in TP and I hated it in SS. Just stick to a villain.
>>
>>12498

>it wasn't just outset island you dumbass, it was a generational thing that all boys did. The game never SHOWS this "generational thing all boys did" it tells us about it.

Yeah and there's like two populated areas in the entire fucking game. And you act like Wind Waker Link was special in any capacity either. By the game's admission, Link's just an island boy who got dragged into the quest because his sister had pointy ears.

Nevermindd that your initial complaint wasn't anything to do with Link being special it was that the island was too small to justify "knight school" which, like every zelda game is way too underpopulated to convey an legitimate world. This is just kind of a thing about MOST videogames.
>>
>>12472
That new 3ds one is complete fucking horseshit and they know it.

There is no fucking way A Link To The Past takes more power to run than Majora's Mask. Or Hyrule Warriors. Or 3/4 of the games you posted.

Nintendo is such shit sometimes
>>
>>12498
>First game where he's lead director makes an unfinished mess of a game
>>
File: 1490014795020.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490014795020.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>12276
>this is just a series with a high bar
>>
>>12265
APRIL FOOLZ
>>
>>12500
The Imprisoned is Demise.
>>
>>12307
Toy Commander & Cannon Spike are trash. I mean, the webm missed PSO.
>>
>>12506
And Demise is NotGanon (TM)
>>
>>12422
Yes. Your best bet today is Demul. You can "only" play in the original 640x480 unless you have a beefy machine, though.

Played through Shenmue numerous times, both on DC and various emulators.
>>
>>12501
>And you act like Wind Waker Link was special in any capacity either.
Hey at-least he isn't in "Pirate School".

>like every zelda game is way too underpopulated to convey an legitimate world.
Most other Zelda games have more than one fucking town. SS is literally just a tiny island. Even WW has two main towns and there are people everywhere on the Ocean.

>This is just kind of a thing about MOST videogames.
bad videogames.
>>
File: Zelda powerlevel.jpg (305KB, 1368x940px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda powerlevel.jpg
305KB, 1368x940px
>>
>>12511
nice MCJ meme
>>
>>12511
kill yourself
>>
File: 1491095009792.jpg (307KB, 1790x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1491095009792.jpg
307KB, 1790x1204px
>>12511
lmao zelda was never good up until now
>>
>>12270
>inverse triforce
>canon
>>
>>12398
The fan theory is about Navi dying/leaving anon, not Link.
>>
File: 1488968404358.png (1MB, 1253x829px) Image search: [Google]
1488968404358.png
1MB, 1253x829px
>>12512
>>12513
Low brainpower plebs detected.
>>
>>12514
Finally some taste.
>>
>>12417
in that picture they are highfiving in different directions. if they were to even touch hands it would be adult link hitting the side of young links hand.
>>
>>12265
fuck off with your shit taste OP
>>
>>12504
This desu. The Zelda series is only as successful as it is because it stays constant and doesn't like to change things up between installments. The series has no real merits that aren't done better in other games, and both Darksiders and Okami are living examples of that. Zelda is mediocre and people only care about it because it's "iconic"
>>
>>12521
>Zelda is mediocre and people only care about it because it's "iconic"

I think ALttP and MM are legimately amazing games for different reasons. But yeah I haven't really been too impressed with Zelda ever since the GC era.

Haven't played BotW yet but at least it seems that they're willing to take some new steps and from what I've seen and heard it seems like it mostly worked out.
>>
File: ujx19.jpg (67KB, 936x864px) Image search: [Google]
ujx19.jpg
67KB, 936x864px
OP here, I was gone for a couple of hours and i'm surprised that this turned into a Zelda thread.
>>
>>12521
>Darksiders has things that are done better than Zelda

Jesus christ, you can't be serious
I like darksiders but it's literally Great Value brand Zelda/God of War, and i'd like to know what you think it did better

>>12523
>I made a zelda thread why did it turn into a zelda thread hurf fucking durf
>>
File: castlevania__lords_of_shadow_2.jpg (541KB, 1433x680px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania__lords_of_shadow_2.jpg
541KB, 1433x680px
Other than the rat and stealth segments Lords of Shadow 2 was a good game
>>
>>12522
See I actually really liked Spirit tracks and, to a lesser extent, Phantom Hourglass. I thought a lot of what they did was a very natural use of the DS system and they changed things up enough to feel fresh.

I'm entirely convinced that the series needs a change of setting and story. Yeah, Hyrule's cool and all, but it seems like the best games are the ones that venture outside of Hyrule. Majora's Mask is also a great example of this.
>>
>>12524
>Unpopular Opinion Thread
>>12525
Excellent taste
>>
demise is a straight up G tho he was the best part of skyward sword. made ganon look like a little bitch
>>
>>12524
I felt like Darksiders did combat a lot better than Zelda games. I also enjoyed the superior mobility and felt like the puzzles and dungeons were superior to most of the Zelda games as well.
>>
>>12527
>The only point of an opinion thread is to list opinions please don't discuss them at all
>Also it's clearly a zelda thread at this point but don't discuss zelda either
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>People thought this was hard
How? It took me less than 10 minutes of dicking around.
>>
>>12409
>dungeons were great
Oh jesus he's retarded
>>
>>12409
I liked it a lot too

The train took a little longer than i'd like but coming off of Windwaker it was way quicker tbqh
>>
>>12511
Switch BotW and WW. WW is for 3 year olds.
>>
>>12514
ADD shitter detected
>>
>>12531
Never thought it was hard. Just annoying.
>>
>>12531
if it isn't solvable on the first try it's too hard.
people hate having to actually figure out things.
>>
At least it's better than Wind Waker, although that isn't saying much.
>>
>>12521
I love Okami and I think it's better than certain Zelda entries, but as a whole I don't think it does anything special in comparison. Combat is just as easy, puzzles are just as simple. It just has nice art.
>>
File: Freya sword.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Freya sword.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>12390
Sandlot made an EDF clone with shoehorned-in motion controls that worked way better than those in SS.
>>
File: Blockhead.jpg (77KB, 711x800px) Image search: [Google]
Blockhead.jpg
77KB, 711x800px
>>12539
It also has this fucker.
>>
>>12265
I love SS , the only part I hated was the fucking tad note section but otherwise it was a 9/10 for me.
>>
>>12270
It's definitely among the best but I dunno if I'd say it's THE best. After replaying it a few times I've come to realize that a lot of the sidequests aren't as special as people seem to remember.
>>
File: 1456613249893.png (41KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456613249893.png
41KB, 550x600px
I don't think there's a single bad Zelda game. I've recently completed BOTW and it seems Nintendo really puts effort into this series. fight me
>>
>>12379
If he played with a guide he would've known about the scarecrows that skip time ahead for you.

>t.someone who actually used a guide
>>
>>12544
But I agree.
>>
>>12544
I agree. Except for the DS games. Forgettable tedious garbage those are.
>>
>>12537
Well, that's why they give you a reset option.
>>
>>12547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjRxMqAak4s
>>
>>12322
>>12351
>>12545
Seems mindblowing to me that a Nintendo game actually used to have a way to skip waiting times in the pseudo-tutorial part.
>>
>>12299
And TP has a lot of filler
>>
>>12549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bAqGxkOWQ

It's just a lesser version of this
>>
>>12521
I respect your opinion but I felt nothing Darksiders did really did anything better than Zelda. Conbat maybe but god everything else was either bland or just bad to me. Doesn't help War is the perfect example of poor character design.
>>
>>12552
Emphasis on lesser.
>>
>>12521
>both Darksiders and Okami are living examples of that

I knew you'd be one of those people. Like, if you don't get how Zelda at its best is vastly more ambitious, intricate and better designed than either I don't know what to say. I'll give Darksiders chops for having well balanced combat in principal (though in practice this doesn't mesh well with how saving and life restoration work and requires that you keep several different save files backed up if you loose too much life of you want to take this seriously and play it on hard), but the game's progression is way more straightforward than what you get in Zelda.

Okami is just straight up Fisher-price rubbish with weeb painting as a gimmic.
>>
>>12551
The dungeons aren't good either. The dungeons in the 3D games are generally pretty bad with a few exceptions
>>
File: 11bac2c39be93335f0b590279e2f07d7.jpg (844KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
11bac2c39be93335f0b590279e2f07d7.jpg
844KB, 2480x3508px
>People unironically think the DS games are bad.
>Sonyshills keep forcing the "BoTW isn't that good" meme.
Jesus Christ.

Also, Twilight Princes > Skyward Sword
>>
I just wish the soundtrack was more memorable. It sounded great orchestrated, but there's only a handful of good songs.
>>
>>12487
I actually did this after BotW. SS I was lucky that Dark Souls recently came in existence at the time
>>
File: 1482779004264.jpg (37KB, 543x403px) Image search: [Google]
1482779004264.jpg
37KB, 543x403px
>Secretly love Skyward Sword
>Know it's the worst sin of all
>>
I haven't played Skyward Sword, but I love the way it looks. Is it really not worth playing?
>>
>>12560
There is nothing wrong with liking Skyward Sword. It's a great game. Don't fall into the trap of forcing yourself to hate a game from a franchise that is essentially perfect.
>>
>>12561
Id wait for a possible remake with no motion controls and fi muted or removed from the game before I'd even consider recommending it to anyone. just play any other Zelda instead.
>>
>>12292

t. MathewCockSucker

no one bitched till his video came out and now /v/ projects the ever living fuck out of his videos
>>
>>12560
Listen anon you can love it all you want despite the flaws. Just don't try to force it onto people.
>>
>>12557
The DS games aren't good. They're passable at-best.
>>
File: 1487726687873.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1487726687873.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>12547
>Stylus controls
>>
>>12564
It always makes me laugh when people admit to watching Matthew's videos.
Seriously, 20+ minutes of some kid rambling on about shit everyone knows about.
>>
>>12564
People bitched even before that. I don't think the game looks bad at all. Saying to just emulate in widescreen is a travesty though.
>>
File: windwaker hd.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
windwaker hd.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>12564
>no one bitched till his video came out
t. someone who only joined /v/ last year

the windwaker remake was bitched about endlessly ever since its reveal. Hell, I still even have an old file permanamed from when it was announced. People were in universal agreement that it was the zelda game least-worthy of a HD remake.
>>
>>12555
>Zelda at its best is vastly more ambitious, intricate and better designed than either
Please explain. I could use a laugh.
>Okami is just straight up Fisher-price rubbish with weeb painting as a gimmic
But that's what Zelda is, too.
>>
File: k.png (5KB, 132x168px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
5KB, 132x168px
I think Yooka-Laylee looks fun and Im looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1467299643267.jpg (23KB, 349x262px) Image search: [Google]
1467299643267.jpg
23KB, 349x262px
>>12572
>Kickstarter

I'm so sorry, anon
>>
>>12570
>least-worthy
What the fuck did people expect? The game has a nice art style with simple textures. They needed a Zelda game.
I'm honestly surprised they even bothered with TP since that game was a blurry mess.
>>
>>12515
It's a thing though--they pop up in a few places, specifically where you get the bunny hood with the punk

But I also acknowledge it could simply be because of the lighting.
>>
>>12572
I backed it for $300
Hopefully it's okay
>>
>>12574
> The game has a nice art style with simple textures.
>I'm honestly surprised they even bothered with TP since that game was a blurry mess.

TP IS A BLURRY MESS BECAUSE IT HAD LOW-RES TEXTURES AND A DEMANDING ART STYLE

THUS BEING THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR AN HD REMAKE
>>
>>12576
>Unity
I hope you are getting it for PC...
>>
>>12572
/v/ has had a hateboner since very early on. I don't think it'll be amazing but I hope it's successful enough for Playtonic to make a sequel or another game that improves on it.
>>
>>12578
literally everyone who backed it more than 20 bucks gets a free steam copy
>>
>>12577
Well obviously it needed it more, but which one takes more effort?
With WW all you'd have to do is smooth out the textures and slap on some lighting and shit. That's why they chose WW.
>>
>>12572
I think it looks absolutely awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6tV3b2GEo
>>
>>12580
Oh thought you were only getting one for the console of your choice.
>>
>>12582
The casino level does look a little bleh, but the ice and forest levels look great to me.
>>
>>12584
Got a link?
>>
File: wind-waker-comparison-3[1].jpg (95KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wind-waker-comparison-3[1].jpg
95KB, 600x400px
>>12581
so why did they take a lighting engine that literally ruins the art style?
>>
>>12583
PC + console of your choice once you back high enough. I'm getting a Switch version and PC.
>>
>>12270
What even is the message behind this pic?
>>
>>12586
Because they're dumbasses.
I don't agree with the execution especially given it'd be easy as fuck to make WW look good.
>>
>>12587
Wonder how badly it will run on Switch. Heard not good things about the Xbox One and PS4.
>>
>>12585
I dunno, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXN61RKaADk ?
>>
>>12555

Okami bored the fuck out of me and I despise it. But I adore Skyward Sword like no other 3d action/adventure game (except for its meh villain). Is this uncommon on this board?
>>
>>12591
Thanks I'll check it out.
>>
>>12590
Who knows? The Switch has built-in unity support right? So maybe it'll run better.
>>
File: 1326939527873.png (99KB, 253x374px) Image search: [Google]
1326939527873.png
99KB, 253x374px
>>12592
extremely.
>>
TP > OoT > SS > BotW > MM > ALttP = LbW > DS Games > MC > Link's Awakening = OoS = OoA > WW > FS > FSA > Zelda 1 & 2

This the official list.
>>
>>12596
>SS
>above ANYTHING
I'd literally rather play with a few stones than touch Skyward Sword ever again
>>
>>12265
I've played BotW and I also think Skward Sword is the best traditional Zelda game. I think BotW is great in its own right but it's a huge departure from traditional Zelda.

People always give the wrong reasons about why SS bombed. Tadtones. Backtracking. Empty sky hub. Disconnected linear over worlds. Fetch quests. Annoying Fii telling you thinks like you're low on hearts. Revisiting the first dungeon. Fighting the imprisoned four or five times. Animation that plays when you pick up an item upon every new gameplay session. Short dungeons. Over world with dungeon gameplay (as if this is a bad thing).

All of these are minor nitpicking though and not the reason it was divisive and bombed. It bombed because it came out exactly one week after Skyrim and had mandatory motion controls. Plus the motion controls required motion plus, an accessory that only half of Wii owners had. Those are the reasons it bombed. The motion controls were amazing but most people hate them. And it makes you use them to fly and swim.

The nitpicking is minor compared to all the things this game does that are great. Time shift stones. The demise battle at the end. The dungeon-like over world gameplay. The motion plus sword play. The comfy art style. The music. Groose. If you honestly hate this game you probably don't have a heart or a soul and I doubt you like anything at all
>>
>>12598
>All of these are minor nitpicking

You have to be out of your mind if you think all the shit you listed is minor nitpicking.

I understand liking SS but pretending that the sea of complaints about it is all just nitpicking is laughable.
>>
>>12598
>Over world with dungeon gameplay (as if this is a bad thing).
it is when it
>requires no thought
>trivial shit you just gotta get it over with
>not a fun puzzle
>doesn't have an over-arching mechanic for the area
>it's all this shit AND it's incessant, over and over

you can't call those things you mentioned minor nitpicking when they're over 90% of the fucking game
>>
File: 1479103126959.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1479103126959.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>12586
>ruins
>actually makes it better

These niggas are blind.
>>
File: 1321807500233.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1321807500233.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>>12601
>adding gradients to a cel-shaded style specifically made to have no gradients
>better

i hope you're into scat because you have shit-taste
>>
>>12540
what game?
>>
File: wind-waker-hd.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wind-waker-hd.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
>>12602
You take something that was already beautiful, and you give it more detail and shadows.
How's that doesn't make it better ?
>>
>>12599
It is minor nitpicking though. These are all MINOR things. In what way are these major deal breakers? Even collectively?! My whole point is that if you think these are the reason people hated the game and it bombed, you are WRONG. The traps it bombed and people hate it is because of two reasons just as I said:
1. Skyrim was released just one week earlier and there is some overlap in the kind of user base who would by interested in both titles.

2. Motion Controls. Not only that but motion controls that require an add on that did not come with more than half the Wii consoles sold.

If you honestly still believe the petty nitpicking reasons like fucking tadtones are why people have this game, you are probably a actual real autistic retard

>>12600
I liked it. And none of those things are 90% of the fucking game. More like less than 1%. Except for MOTION CONTROLS since they were mandatory and is he objective actual reason why the game is hated. You can disagree if you like but you would be 100% wrong.

Yes it is my opinion that the game is good but it is also your opinion if you think those minor annoyances are why the game is hated. It is a FACT that the game came out one week after skyrim and had polarizing mandatory Wii motion plus controls requiring you to control the beetle and also to swim with them as well. 99% of the audience at that point said "no thanks" just because of that. Plus Wii piracy was so common even among normies that I'm surprised it even sold as many copies as it did
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.