[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jew here. What's the practical difference in terms of what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0147.jpg (167KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
167KB, 1100x660px
Jew here. What's the practical difference in terms of what people believe and how they act between Protestantism and Catholicism and Orthodox? Also if Catholicism is the oldest, why is Orthodox called that?
>>
>>10221
The oldest would be Orthodox(not actually the original orthodox started in 400 A.D by Constantine when), then Catholics then Prots

The original Christianity no longer exists, if it did it would literally be like Islam today and probably not even considered Christianity. When Constantine made Christianity mainstream, many of the pagans didn't want to convert to it cause it would mean they would have to give up their pagan festivals that celebrated the new year and the new seasons. So Constantine merged original Christianity and all the Pagan religions and created Chalcedonian Christianity which would later split into Orthodox and Catholics
>>
File: Kjeh.jpg (25KB, 454x454px) Image search: [Google]
Kjeh.jpg
25KB, 454x454px
>Finland
>More orthodox

wtf is this shit map? 79% of the population still belongs to the evangeliical LUTHERAN church of Finland and lutheranism is our state religion. the rest 21% are irreligious.
>>
>>10223
It's one of those american retards charts.
>>
>>10221

Orthodox here.

Protestants are essentially a sect with no real tradition or culture.

Catholics worship the pope and the virgin mary more than god. They're a well-oiled global corporation. Also they commit sins and then just confess to go to heaven.

While we Orthodox are divided into ethnic churches with our separate characteristics and we pray like buddhist monks (just repeat words in a meditative trance). And most of what we do is out of tradition and superstition and not out of rational belief.
>>
File: 1486342150640.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
1486342150640.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>>10222
>if it did it would literally be like Islam today
>>
>>10225
>Catholics worship the pope and the virgin mary more than god
We don't worship the Pope nor the virgin Mary.
We believe the Pope is infallible, and venerate the virgin mary. The rest is ok.
>>
HAHAHA PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THE RELIGION JEW.

MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN YOU ARE ON WAS! YOUR DEATH BED LOOKING AT HOW FUTILE YOUR EXISTENCE IS AND HOW ABSOLUTELY INSIGNIFICANT YOUR LIFE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HOW ABSOLUTELY RETARDED SUBMITTING YOURSELF TO A RELIGIOUS BELIEF IS.

GET WOKE NIGGAS!!
>>
>>10223
>>10224
>slavs in denial
>>
>>10227

Wordgames

Infallibility is a godly trait. You literally believe the Pope speaks directly to God
>>
>>10221
Map is absolute bullshit

>>10225
>Catholics worship the pope and the virgin mary more than god. They're a well-oiled global corporation. Also they commit sins and then just confess to go to heaven.
>this is what autismodox LARPers actually believe
o i am laffin

Catholics just acknowledge the inherently sinful nature of humanity. What kind of cruel god wouldn't give most people a shot at redemption? Of course there's a limit to this but we're all gonna fuck up in life at some point. Doesn't mean you're a bad person.

But yeah the church as an organisation is shit. However 90% of Catholics don't WORSHIP the pope you fucking sperglord. Except for poor latino peasants who go apeshit over him most just think he's a kind of cool guy but distrust him because any Catholic who's not an idiot knows that the Church is corrupt and evil as shit.

No one worships Mary either. But you've baited me hard enough at this point that I wont bother continuing my argument.
>>
File: 1464153150782.png (41KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1464153150782.png
41KB, 1790x1640px
>>10221
Why are Americans obsessed about religion, but still don't celebrate Easter?
Hmm?
>>
>>10223
and Protestantism outweighs Catholicism in Australia, what is this meme map? It's just Protestantism is comprised of several of it's own sects, so individual sects don't.
>>
>>10225

Also Catholics have statues in their churches, unlike the Orthodox. Highlighting that they worship human beings and materialism
>>
File: macaco.png (17KB, 545x581px) Image search: [Google]
macaco.png
17KB, 545x581px
>>10229
1,1%
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.