[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 749
Thread images: 121

File: synchronized cursing.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
synchronized cursing.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>Had no fucking idea what the Curse meter actually does, in the final DLC in the final game of the trilogy
>>181526514

>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
https://pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
http://pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
http://pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
http://pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
http://imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
http://pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
http://pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm
>>
>>
>>181604214
You could still be a shitter.

Your skill has not been seen and beating the game 3 times doesnt make you creme de la creme.

You're the fag.
>>
Just Finished my First playthrough of Dark Souls and was hoping you guys can answer some questions? ( I also Finished Dark Souls 3 )

What happens to Gywnevere & Priscilla ?
How did Havel die ?
How does Siegmeyer of Catarina die ?
Does Gwyn essentially win ? Eveyrone says that the Dark will eventually win over and over again but from what I understand in DS3 no one knows how to stop the cycle so it will continue on forever. The Chosen Undead in DS3 realizing this he uses the Dark Souls Blood to create a new world not affected by the cycle.
>>
>nth for ACTUAL autist will continue to post their regurgitated webms until the end
>>
>>181604085
>What happens to Gywnevere & Priscilla ?
Depending on your interpretation, Gwynevere either eventually died somewhere out in the world along with the rest of the "gods," or became the Queen of Lothric and gave birth to Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte, and then died.

>How did Havel die ?
He hollowed out and then you killed him.

>How does Siegmeyer of Catarina die ?
He goes hollow. Either Sieglinde kills him, or he becomes some random hollow somewhere after he realizes that he's not a strong adventurer like you.

>Does Gwyn essentially win ?
Debatable. Three of the endings undo all of his work (that being keeping the First Flame lit for the sake of the "gods"), but it's implied that eventually a new "First" Flame will arise even if an Age of Dark comes, judging by the Fire Keeper's dialogue.
>>
>kill giant lord 45 times
>get to 30 million soul memory
>game is more active than it's ever been up to this point according to the orange borders around locations
Maybe more people are just playing at this time, but I was lucky to find co op or an invasion after 30 minutes, now I can go to a couple areas and get it pretty quick.
>>
>>181604428
>>you could still be a shitter
Only if that word means whatever you want it to mean. I call you a faggot because I genuinely think you like the taste of hobo penis.

>>Your skill has not been seen
And how precisely would I demonstrate my skill to you exactly? Post a bunch of screenshots of bosses I killed? I can do that. Post the pile of covenant items I got from killing other players in pvp? I can do that too.

>>beating the game 3 times doesnt make you creme de la creme.
Yeah no kidding. I'm well aware that I'm far from the absolute best player, but there is a difference from that and being a "shitter" as you call it.

>>you're the fag
No you are. Your mother told me that last night after I sprayed her vagina with my baby batter. You're going to have a new sibling soon, btw.
>>
>>181604313
>phantom has 27 vig
>host has even less
what the fuck is wrong with people
>>
So Dsg is dead.
>>
File: Oh, Yahtzee!!.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, Yahtzee!!.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>181604607
At least we post something someone might like instead of complaining about what people post
>>
>>181605261
>we

I hope you suffer a stroke for no good reason other than your incessant, almost fetishistic attention seeking through your webms.

My words dont mean anything but I want you to know that. You and the other regurgitations are pathetic.

I won't post about it again, don't worry about it. Just know that you and Lucy are lucky.
>>
>>181604615
>Depending on your interpretation, Gwynevere either eventually died somewhere out in the world along with the rest of the "gods," or became the Queen of Lothric and gave birth to Lorian, Lothric and Ocelotte, and then died.

Personally I think she somehow became Rosaria. At the very least, I am confident that she is not the Queen of Lothric, though I do believe that the Queen of Lothric could well be Gwynevere's daughter or other descendant.
>>
>>181605252
It's been dead for almost a year
>>
>>181604943
>You're going to have a new sibling soon, btw

is he also going to be a shitter who gets assblasted because he bad at video games?
>>
>>181605621
>>bad at videogames
Bitch please, this is low effort and tedious. Now be sure to say high to your new baby brother or sister for me. I may be too busy fucking your mother's tight pussy and anus to do so myself.
>>
File: flicker.webm (3MB, 1776x1022px) Image search: [Google]
flicker.webm
3MB, 1776x1022px
>>181605537
Chill dude, I've never posted a webm more than 3 times. I meant webm posters as a whole. Even if it's something seen a million times by most, it adds more to the threads than posts like yours
>>
>>181604607
>he doesn't like humorous WebMs
>>
>>181605781
You're still bad at dark souls :^)

You've yet to prove me wrong. So I win.
>>
>>181606097
>>You're still bad at dark souls :^)
No I am not. Your statement is self-evidently wrong given that I have beaten dark souls 3 twice and will do so for the third time soon and have killed most of the games bosses on my first try except for a few.
>>
File: Project Beast 2 Leak.webm (2MB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
Project Beast 2 Leak.webm
2MB, 1024x572px
>>181604607
Are you ready for vintage memes
>>
>>181606097
>>prove me wrong
Again what do you want? Posting a bunch of screenshots of killed bosses will take awhile, but the covenant items won't take too long.
>>
>>181606193
>waah waah more words to veil my skill

Get off it dude, not everybody is good. Either prove youre good or take a hike.
>>
File: DaS3 Tier List 1.35.jpg (1MB, 4096x1505px) Image search: [Google]
DaS3 Tier List 1.35.jpg
1MB, 4096x1505px
I have a few questions.
1. How are the Executioner's Greatsword, Firelink Greatsword, and Storm Ruler? They all seem pretty fun, but I don't want to waste a slab if they're truly horrible. I'm also pretty iffy on taking two points away from END/VIT for the Firelink Greatsword, even if it's minor.
2. Is dual wielding with an ultra and a straight sword any good?
3. Should I carry any elemental weapons specifically to counter greatshield turtles? I have a Man Serpent Hatchet, but I was thinking of grabbing some Fire or Deep weapon, preferably small and light so the +9-+10 difference isn't high and it'd be easy to switch to.
4. Do the halberds with spin WAs have the R1WAR1 combo?
5. I've heard that the Storm Curved Sword could combo 1H R1WAR2. Has anyone tested this?
6. Can the Old Wolf Curved Sword combo into its WA at all?

Sorry if my wording is bad. It's 3:30 and I'm dead tired. Here's some music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UUTc8R_tk
>>
File: 20170704042608_1.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170704042608_1.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
>>181606310
Okay, here's the items. The boss pictures may take a while for me to post in full if you want those, given that this fucking captcha thing keeps fucking up on me. You may have to wait a day or two if you really want them.
>>
>>181606727
>I'll post STATIC items to prove I am good at the game

Now you're just fucking with me. I'm going to take this as you trolling and me winning this argument so bye.
>>
>>181606727
>sl 214
>GUYS, i'm GOOD at the GAMe

*inhales softcaps*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 tier list 1.6.jpg (3MB, 6800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 tier list 1.6.jpg
3MB, 6800x2500px
>>181606704
First off here's the corrected version of that since that is missing the Sunset Shield.

1. 'Alright' for Greatswords but pretty substandard compared to every other one. They have very glaring weaknesses such as having the worse Bastard Sword R2s and the Firelink GS and Storm Ruler being among the shorter greatswords. There damage is also comparatively worse and needs a quality build to reach acceptable but not amazing AR compared to other weapons in the class. Their weapon arts are pretty mediocre as well, Storm Ruler in practice just has the basic GS Stance that can do the air blast attack when charged that has no range and terrible recovery, Executioner's has Stomp which is only good for trading with ultras and Firelink has Ember which is an easy backstab if your opponent is near you during it but does buff the damage decently.

2. Yes though in most cases when you're doing that you're using the straight sword more than the ultra. Yhorm's Machete + Dark Sword is a very popular combo for a reason.

3. That's a very good idea, something like a Deep Straight Sword is always good to have against things like Black Knight Shield turtles.

4. Yes.

5. I don't believe it does anymore but I could be wrong on that.

6. Yes, it can combo R1>WAR2 which is a very high damage combo.
>>
>>181606915
Well lesee now, I 58 severed ears and 64 tongues. I guess I could have grinded forever and a day to get those items but once you max out the covenants there is no reason to do so.

So yeah, you're wrong and you probably enjoy sucking off homeless people too.
>>
>>181606193
>Have killed most of the bosses on first try
If you really want to prove that you're gud at this game why not stream it for us then? Or make a youtube video?
>>
>>181607006
What's wrong with having one over-leveled character exactly? I suppose I could be one of those autistic people who goes through the whole game naked at sl1 or someshit but that just doesn't sound very fun to me.
>>
>>181607076
A few reasons, my connection sucks, I don't have a twitch account or a google account and honestly I'm rather lazy and starting to get bored of playing souls games for right now. I'll probably stop and play something else for a while soon.
>>
File: 1478728262718.jpg (55KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
1478728262718.jpg
55KB, 1024x514px
I had a dream the Firekeeper was using the bonfire as a litterbox.

Somebody please draw this.
>>
File: ludleth wall.png (1MB, 1677x943px) Image search: [Google]
ludleth wall.png
1MB, 1677x943px
friendly reminder that das3 was supposed to be bloodborne lite
>>
>>181607221
>we could've had our 2nd or 3rd weapons visible on our body
I really wish that stayed.
>>
>>181607221
Got anymore screenshots from when the game was in early development?
>>
File: 21565-d7ea3f36.jpg (88KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
21565-d7ea3f36.jpg
88KB, 854x480px
>>181607421
I have a few.
>>
>>181604482

It's all open to interpretation, m8. Your questions ARE the lore.
>>
>>181607010
Thank you. I replaced my old picture with that one. The Sunset Shield looks nice.

1. I'll probably not upgrade them then. I had a feeling they weren't great, but I like mixing things up, so I go with a quality build and use a lot of weapons with fancy WAs. I might make a low level Firelink GS build at some point, though. I wasn't aware that the Storm Ruler's WA range was short. I just assumed it was long because of the Yhorm fight.
2. I've surprisingly encountered that once, so it never crossed my mind. I might give it a whirl with the Profaned GS or something.
3. I'll make a Deep LKS and keep it around just in case.
4. Nice. Does the Lucerne get Leo Ring counters even if it doesn't hit the sweetspot?
5. If I remember, I'll try to test it out at some point.
6. Awesome. I like how smooth the WA is on it, so I might pick it back up.
>>
>>181607613
Why did they get right of those cool looking flags? Does From hate aesthetics now or some shit?
>>
>>181604615
>>181605596
Gwynevere is Rosaria. Soul of Rosaria transposes into Gwynevere's miracle; Rosaria is the mother of rebirth - Lothric revives Lorian; also the Queen of Lothric - Lorian and Lothric's mother - is hailed as a goddess of fertility and bounty, the same as Gwynevere; the Queen of Lothric helps out ashen ones, leaving powerful items for them to help them on their journey and urges them to link the fire, again just like Gwynevere. Additionally, it seems like a bunch of Gwyn's progeny are half dragons and there's Ocelotte to consider.

As much as the souls lore is left open ended all of this just fits too much not to be true. Bonus tidbit: Dancer also gives a healing miracle and she's thought to be a maiden to Gwynevere which only cements the fact that healing in this game is directly connected to Gwynevere.
>>
>>181607415
It's not the same, but use the Valorheart in your main hand with the Astora Greatsword in your offhand. With the base knight armor and FAP, Life, Chloranthy, and Leo, you will be right under 70% with only 16 VIT.
>>
>>181607761

Yeah try out the Storm Ruler charged WA in PvE, it's range is far shorter and even if it hits the air part of the blast does little damage. It only hits decently if you hit someone with both the air blast and the downward blade slam since it does have decent poise health during the animation but the effort to do that along with the unlikeliness of hitting it makes it impractical at best. Firelink GS is a decent twink greatsword though due the WA buff being non-scaling but Onyx Blade still vastly outclasses since it has a similar non-scaling buff and is just a far better weapon all around.

>Nice. Does the Lucerne get Leo Ring counters even if it doesn't hit the sweetspot?

To my knowledge yes but they will be less damaging than normal counter hits on the sweet spot of course.
>>
>>181607221
>>181607613
what sword is that on his back
>>
>>181607979
Thanks, mate. I'm thinking between the Black Knight Glaive and Lucerne right now. I like the look of both of them. The Black Knight Glaive has more AR, but the Lucerne has counter damage and is my favorite historical weapon.
>>181608002
It's something that doesn't exist anymore. It's just a shorter Astora Greatsword with a handle more similar to the Executioner's Greatsword.
>>
File: nCaNWbY.jpg (220KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
nCaNWbY.jpg
220KB, 1357x1920px
>>181608002
Would have been an early game greatsword, but was removed from the final game. Earlier in development there were more rustic/rugged weapons.
>>
>>181608210
They both have their strengths and weaknesses, BKG longer than Lucerne and has higher general AR and isn't as reliant on hitting the sweetspot because of it and just needs a basic 26/40 Quality build to have great damage. But Lucerne particularly on 80 Dex Sharp can reach damage on par with it and very nice counter hits if you learn to play with its shorter range. I'd say try them both out or keep them both upgraded and switch them out as need be.
>>
>>181608683
Thank you. I'm trying to use my slabs wisely right now, as I have a new PS4 and PSN account, but no money to give my old account PS+ to transfer over my old upgraded weapons. I'll eventually go to NG+ and beyond to get more slabs but I just want to enjoy some PvP for a while. I might try out the Zweihander at some point. It's not the monster it used to be, but it's not terrible, especially for how light it is.
>>
File: F44.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
F44.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>181607613
Earlier Champ.
>>
>>181607870
Rosaria is one of Gwynevere's daughters/maidens
>>
File: zullie going dumb.webm (3MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
zullie going dumb.webm
3MB, 848x480px
Why was Vilhelm's armor in the pile of corpses in the fly room?
Did he accidentally fall down there?
But I killed him.
>>
File: how.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
If Dark Souls constantly saves, means that it constantly writes on the disk, isn't it going to wear it out sooner this way?
>>
>>181609321
HDDs are not that frail, anon.
>>
>>181609132
And your reason for thinking she's a daughter/maiden and not Rosaria herself is what exactly? Her soul sprite is unique and the miracle it transposes to is directly connected with Gwynevere. Leonhard refers to her as a goddess and you fight him in her chamber with the grey orb.
>>
>>181609470
>>181609132
Not Gwynevere herself* is what I meant.
>>
>>181609470
>the miracle it transposes to is directly connected with Gwynevere
so is the Dancer's
>Leonhard refers to her as a goddess
She would be, if she's Gwynevere's daughter
>And your reason
Looking and functioning nothing like her is a start
>>
>>181605116
how do you tell how much they have?
>>
>>181609768
I see the hp they lost maybe? they were full hp prior
>>
>>181609630
Well Rosaria's whole de
al is rebirth and she can change the appearance of others, so it's not too out there to think that she herself underwent a rebirth.
>>
>>181609838
oh right, I didn't even notice the numbers

thanks
>>
>>181609630
>Everyone connected with Gwyn's bloodline is a god
Because Yorshka and Priscilla and even the nameless king are gods, right?
Inb4 nameless king was a god of war. Yeah, WAS. He got stripped of his godhood.
>Looks nothing like her
yeah, daughters are known for looking nothing like their parents
>Functioning nothing like her
Eons later and obvious corruption fuckery going on a person doesn't function as an ideologically compromised illusion. Got me there
>connected to Gwynevere
Yeah, nah. One's description calls it THE Princess of Sunlight's miracle, the other's description just says it was given to her maidens. Guess which one's which?
>Didn't address the whole fight with Leonhard in Gwynevere's room or the unique sprite
Coolio.

I mean sure, Rosaria has different tiddies and color/length of hair but at the same time she offers facelifts to her followers so... The entire room is reminescent of Gwynevere's and she kinda sits in the same manner.
>>
File: U6MpKsU.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U6MpKsU.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>181607613
>>
Somebody told me Ashes of Ariandel explained more of The Deep but I haven't found a single fucking item that talks more about it.
>>
>>181610864
Not about the Deep but about the Pontiff.
>>
>>181604313
It's not the host's fault for being victimized by a filthy hacker.
>>
>>181604313
To that Guy I wrote I will help him in 12 hours
Do you have time later? I need to do some things before I can play.
>>
post feet!
>>
>>181610986
You've never played Ringed City, have you?
>>
>>181610864
The painting is connected to the deep, might even be the same thing
>>
>>181609430
>HDD

lol
>>
>>181611189
I have but from the webm it looked like the phantom was doing a miracle that was rigged to cause curse or something.
>>
>>181604313
>not linking the new thread anywhere in the old thread
>>
I think all the people who complain about the Corvian Knight are the same faggots who stopped at 27 vig.

>h-he insta kills you!
>too fast i cant hit him!
>m-muh Bloodborne enemy!

At 30 vig you can take a few hits, and after you kill them ONCE you basically know all their moves and can just roll and backstab them.
>>
>>181607006
>BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
I can't help but think that it's a single autist who types shit like this out multiple times a thread.
>>
>>181611975
>not just parrying them to death
>>
>>181610205
The nameless king not being a god is not counter to my argument. Yorshka and Priscilla are not confirmed to have deific parents.
She could've taken after her dad
>One's description calls it THE Princess of Sunlight's miracle, the other's description just says it was given to her maidens.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>Special miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight.
>Special miracle granted to the maidens of the Princess of Sunlight.
>Both are called "The miracles of Gwynevere" further down
And in ds1 they share the "Special miracle granted to the maidens of Gwynevere, Princess of the Sun." description. And are dropped by Pisacas. So those are either Gwynevere or her maidens. Guess which one is true
And Leonhard is obviously fucked in the head and could have done it for a number of reasons. Even if Rosaria WAS Gwynevere, what would taking her soul to her bedchambers achieve?
>>
>>181611975
You can just block anyway.
>>
>>181611903
That's not what's happening at all. They're getting hit by the angel's curse attack.
>>
>>181611975
The Corvian Knights are definitely doable, but my issue with them is less the enemy itself and more the fact that you can't use the pillar to take cover from them because they will just stab you through it.
>>
>>181612113
Rosaria and the Dancer don't drop the Sunlight miracles, though. You create them with their souls. It's not the same thing.

As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it. It's also worth noting that he never refers to Rosaria as a Goddess until after he kills her.
>>
>>181612223
Oh, ok. I've never experienced that strangely.
>>
File: deep lore.png (63KB, 1832x253px) Image search: [Google]
deep lore.png
63KB, 1832x253px
>>181611994
It most likely is, but I kinda like the "*inhales [X]* [loud laughter]" meme.
>>181611903
The phantom also died and that particle effect is from the angel's curse beam
>>181611380
>>181610864
>>
>>181612416
They only do it if you stay in one place where they can't shoot you.
>>
>>181612113
>Yorshka and Priscilla are not confirmed to have deific parents.
Yea, Yorshka refers to Gwyndolyn as her brother but she's not confirmed to have deific parents. Nor did I specifically pointed out with NK that not everyone from Gwyn's bloodline is a god.

>ds1 descriptions
I'm talking about the ds3 descriptions because those are the meaningful ones for this connection.

As you mentioned, this is the first line of Bountiful Sunlight's description
>Special Miracle granted by the Princess of Sunlight.
Gets the noggin joggin, doesn't it? Almost as if it's meant to tip you off to smething. Sharing the latter part is a common thing across items that are connected, just look at any given armor set and you'll see this is the fucking norm. Item specific information followed by general information that's copy pasted across all the connected pieces. What the fuck am I talking about indeed.

>Smuggling a goddesses soul away from a shitty cathedral of literal apostates that worship the exact opposite of life and sunlight into the city of gods and her bedchamber specifically.
What did he mean by doing this?

Again, the lore is deliberately vague, but that doesn't mean you can discard the few direct clues as random occurences or babblings of a mad man and just argue the meaning of the vague ones. There are many tidbits pointing towards Rosaria being Gwynevere and none pointing towards them being separate beings.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-04+at+03.49.36).jpg (13KB, 824x96px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-04+at+03.49.36).jpg
13KB, 824x96px
What weapon is he talking about?
>>
>>181612628
Caestus.
>>
>>181612628
He's clearly talking about the offhand SS paired with a UGS to make up for the lack of speed and rotation hitting
>>
>>181612113
>And Leonhard is obviously fucked in the head and could have done it for a number of reasons.
You're like the MSM meme about not knowing why cunts run over people with trucks

>I pledge my allegiance to Abu-Al-Baghdadi
>WE MAY NEVER KNOW WHAT HIS MOTIVATIONS WERE!!1
>>
>>181612628
FUGS
>>
>>181612413
>Rosaria and the Dancer don't drop the Sunlight miracles, though. You create them with their souls. It's not the same thing.
Yes. But you should realise that neither miracle is tied to Gwynevere over the other, neither holds more significance in relation
>As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it.
Yes, but why there?
>It's also worth noting that he never refers to Rosaria as a Goddess until after he kills her.
Not particularly and he wasn't the first one to call her one
>Rosaria's Fingers collect tongues in her name. Some do it to be reborn; others do it to help comfort their voiceless goddess.
>Of the Archdeacons of the Deep, one attended to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth, whom he deemed a goddess.
>>181612551
Gwyndolin "adopted" Yorshka and taught her everything she knows. NK not being a god means jack shit because he was stripped from his status but was a god originally
Unless if it's retconned for whatever reason, ds1 descriptions are relevant and provide meaningful information. That is, that neither miracle is tied to Gwynevere over the other, as stated above
I'm not discarding anything. On the contrary, I try to keep everything connected as much as possible
>>181612769
What did you meme by this? He could have thought that Gwynevere's bedchambers hold some latent healing power and would allow him to restore Rosaria's body from the ground up. There's nothing specifically saying it's Gwynevere's soul. Now, if it took it to her grave or something, that I'd get. It would be obviously to pay respects, like Ciaran planned to do with Arty's soul
>>
File: 1493798070361.png (104KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1493798070361.png
104KB, 500x333px
Would I be gimping myself if I just used Gotthards Twinswords 1H only?
I really don't do the whole dual wield thing but the swords look really nice.
>>
>>181612628
Gael's
>>
>>181612906
one handed gotthards with WA shield is the way to go
>>
File: 1483142892514.png (104KB, 243x297px) Image search: [Google]
1483142892514.png
104KB, 243x297px
What in the ever-loving fuck was that "traitor" questline in DaS2 about?

I thought I was going to invade Pate or Creighton, not the faith bitch that I spoke to once.
>>
>>181612889
>>As for Leonhard, he wanted to protect Rosaria's soul from the other Fingers "despoiling" it.
>Yes, but why there?
Because even if Rosaria isn't Gwynevere herself we can be pretty confident claiming that she's a descendant of Gwynevere, because the Dancer is explicitly the "distant daughter of the former royal family" of the Boreal Valley, aka Anor Londo.
>>
>>181612991
The Nameless Usurper phantom that invades you throughout the game is Licia.

Though it's really badly done because she has no real reason to do so and in general her character is stupid.

>"hey, let's write a con-artist miracle seller into the game because faith is dumb :DDD"
>not only she sells actual, useful miracles, but she also makes really great use of them herself
>also let's make her invade you for no reason whatsoever and never elaborate on why she does

It's analoguous to the rest of Dark Souls 2 feeling like a half-hearted emulation of a souls game rather than actually being one.
>>
>>181613090
Oh, I'm 100% for that. Rosaria is Gwynevere's descendant, maybe even her daughter. But why go there? What did he plan to achieve? What was his goal is what I'm asking. Until that question is answered the whole "Leonhard takes her soul there" doesn't mean all too much
>>
>>181612889
You specifically discard Leonhard's motivations as the machinations of a crazy person and you also discard the text on Bountiful Sunlight that says it's THE miracle of Gwynevere (yeah, changing texts is pretty much a retcon) because in the first game where you don't have Rosaria and don't need to connect the two the description was something else and then the fucking item follows a general pattern of all connected items in the game like armors with a copy pasted text that gives you general information.

>Yorshka got adopted by Gwyndolin
>A shadow of Father Gwyn and Sister Gwynevere
>our father Gwyn
>Multiple mentions of Gwyndolyn as a brother
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. Why would she call him brother if he adopted her? But screw that, why would she refer to Gwyn as her father and Gwyndolyn as her sister in her dialogue?
>inb4 some more contrived bullshit

Can you contrive that shit any more to fit your headcanon that nothing points at directly if I might add, or is it not physically possible?
>>
>hey, what if we take a character known for using spears and give him an axe for no reason?
>>
>>181613310
It's possible she just recited what Gwyndolin always said when recruiting new Darkmoons verbatim.
>>
>>181613410
Are you trying to imply the Dragonslayer Armor is Ornstein? Because it isn't.
>>
File: s7-s3_sdSyO6RPep3EMfyA.png (232KB, 491x503px) Image search: [Google]
s7-s3_sdSyO6RPep3EMfyA.png
232KB, 491x503px
>>181613204
>A game prides itself on only giving clues about the lore and not being direct
>A NPC takes the soul of another NPC to a very specific location with a suspected question
What could have From meant by this?

>>181613421
It's also possible that what she says is true. Which is more likely you absolute mong?
>>
>>181613506
>hey, what if we take a character, make an exact copy of him except give him an axe instead of a spear, pretend they're completely different, and never touch upon it?
Fucking DS3fags
>>
>>181613183
>The Nameless Usurper phantom that invades you throughout the game is Licia.

Oh, I wouldn't have picked up on that at all, considering there's a billion fucking NPC invaders in the game. It makes invading her seem even dumber then.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII_2017-07-04_13-17-21.png (720KB, 2242x670px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII_2017-07-04_13-17-21.png
720KB, 2242x670px
>>181607083
>one of those autistic people
hey now. It's not actually as difficult as it sounds, I consider myself to be pretty mediocre at dark souls.
>>
>>181613310
That's what Gwyndolin says in 1 and what he taught her, you retard. The dmb initiation. And that's why I used quotes, it's more like he took her under his wing rather than play a fatherly role. And you realise that Gwyndolin adopting her is canon, right? Go read a few item descriptions before trying to argue lore, retard. Also, she refers to Gwyndolin as brother. With every word you prove you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>181613549
Fuck off retard.
Dragonslayer Armour's design is a homage to Ornstein and bears some similarities but the design is still noticeably different, particularly the helmet.
>>
I need some tips or direct help with the two red eyed skeletons on the way to the ballista in smouldering lake in ds3
>>
>>181613906
Hit them until they die.
Don't get hit.
>>
>>181613905
Nigger your as bad as the "Old dragonslayer isn't Ornestein" crowd from 2
>is a homage but its clearly different see it has a different color pallet and the the name ins't the same!
>>
>>181613630
Yeah, fuckface. First of all let me remind you that I brough Yorshka up just to show you that not everyone from Gwyn's bloodline is considered a god. Secondly, she refers to Gwyndolin as brother, not a father and she refers his sister as her sister (a person she may well have never met as she was gone from Anor Londo in ds1) and Gwyn as her father. Really makes sense if 'he adopted' her. That adoption you refer to as canon? Giving someone a name doesn't mean you adopt them or that it's canon. I assume this is what you're referring to
>A sacred chime belonging to Yorshka. Her brother, the former knight captain, presented her with this medium together with another gift: her name.
Again, her brother, no adoption. Cunt.

Here are some more tidbits. From the Sun Princess ring
>Ring associated with Gwynevere, princess of sunlight and eldest daughter of Gwyn, the First Lord.
'Eldest' means Gwyn had more than one daughter because we also know she wasn't Gwyn's firstborn.
She also refers to Gwyndolin as her 'elder' brother, again referencing the fact that Gwyn had other male heirs.

>>181613905
>>181613549
Dragonslayers were an order so there were more than one dragonslayer, Ornstein was just the big honcho. We also know that at some point Ornstein said 'fuck that' and went to his buddy the NK.
>Ornstein was the first knight of the sun's eldest born
>This is the tale of the Sun's firstborn, his faithful first knight, and the brave dragonslayer who served them both
We can safely assume there were more dragonslayers as I pointed out.
>>
>>181613906
Equip a big STR dildo and two-hand it. They fall apart in a hit or two, allowing you to just R1 mash them to death without being able to hit back.
>>
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-dark-souls-3s-aldrich-faithful-covenant-turns-good-people-into-trolling-monsters/
interesting read
>>
>>181614157
ty, i've been using black blade and couldn't hit them most of the time
>>
>>181614269
>After three games, PVP etiquette in Dark Souls 3 has becomes fairly routine. Bow before battle. Don’t drink your healing Estus flasks mid-fight. And if there’s more than one fighter, only take on one target at a time. They’re simple rules. Follow them, and if you lose, you lose with honor. Break them, and your good ol’ Host of Embers is instead free to summon friends, chug Estus like a thirsty, undead alcoholic, and make your life as unpleasant as possible. Whether you’re an invader or a defending Host of Embers, these unspoken, community-enforced rules serve to make an uneven, deadly playing field as ‘fair’ as possible. They’re also directly reinforced by the game’s mechanics.
Is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>181614269
>Using an Ember makes you ‘Enkindled’, increasing your health, restoring your humanity, and allowing you to bring other players into your world for some jolly cooperation. However, it also allows other players to invade you, risking their own Enkindled status in the process.
>restoring your humanity
>invaders risk their embers
What did the clueless journo cocksucker mean by this?
Don't shill your atrocious piece in here you bottomfeeder. I hope you get fired from that trainwreck of a publication.
>>
>>181613906
Pull them one by one with arrows. Use blunt
>>181614117
Yorshka isn't Gwyn's daughter, dipshit. At best she's NK's and he could've fathered her after being stripped.
>Gwyn had more than one daughter
Yes? Already forgot Filianore?
>>
>>181614269
>rock music turns kids to devil music
Thanks gramps
>>
>>181614385
It's PC gamer so it's not intended as a joke but always comes across as one anyway
>>
Do people still duel at pontiffs at 120?
>>
File: Picture 1.png (2MB, 1540x865px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.png
2MB, 1540x865px
Here is a short story, please enjoy
>>
>>181614418
Wait, you're willing to believe that Filianore is Gwyn's daughter no questions asked even though you never speak to her directly and all you have pointing towards it are some mad cunts at the end of the world but items that say Yorshka is Gwyndolin's sister and her saying as much along with naming Gwyn as her father and Gwynevere as her sister has you going 'eh might not be the case really'??? Nice argument over there as well
>hurr forgot about the NPC that came with a DLC a year after release when talking about items and dialogue that was in the base game durr

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
>>
What is the downside to Vordt's great hammer, if any?
So far I'm using it with mid roll and I'm enjoying 1-2 shotting all the enemies.
Should I go pure strength or just two hand it + pyro or something?
>>
>>181614743
>>hurr forgot about the NPC that came with a DLC a year after release when talking about items and dialogue that was in the base game durr
Nigger there's text in DS1 that refers to a character that wasn't in the series until DS3.
>>
>>181614743
Filianore is his daughter though, you idiot. Small envoy banner. As I said, I discard no info. The dlc could've been released 50 years after the game's release, it wouldn't make it any less relevant
>>
>>181615063
You discarded your reading comprehension as I never argued she wasn't his daughter. I resign the role of the fucktard that says what the game directly tells you is a lie for some reason solely to you and want nothing to do with it. I'm not a knuckle dragging primate after all.
>>
>>181615190
Epic retort
>>
>>181614385
>>181614425

I remember when I was still playing DS3 on PC and under the game they put "relevant" articles about the game in there and like every other day there was a new PC gamer article about it.

>>181614269
Hi!
If you're the dude who wrote this, please understand that the Dark Souls general on 4chan's /vg/ is very unlikely to be interested in articles about stuff that was pretty much "old news" a week after the game's release.

However, you might have more success posting this on r/Dark Souls or whatever the subreddit for Dark Souls 3 is. I'm sure that the conversation culture there is much more receptive and you'll probably earn more than a few "upvotes" for this piece :) . Take care and praise the sun \[+]/
>>
File: 1479708517606.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479708517606.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
How do I become a grapist?
>>
File: badly off.png (14KB, 626x229px) Image search: [Google]
badly off.png
14KB, 626x229px
I haven't played this since around release and I never made it past Pontiff. Got all the DLC and a new rig so I'm ready for a retry.

Do I get cool-points if I start over as Deprived?
>>
>>181615523
http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=How+to+join+mound+makers
>>
>>181615750
It's not even the hardest starting class, just kind of in meh spot as far as level efficiency goes.

You do get cool-points if you start as deprived and never level up for the entire run.
>>
>>181614920
>What is the downside to Vordt's great hammer, if any?

you will lose to bleedshitter quickstepping invaders. that's the only downside to vordt's. enjoy staggering the final boss of the 2nd dlc every 3 hits.
>>
>>181615762
im already purple... i just suck

grapist supposed to be intimidating
>>
File: 1499097969612.jpg (2MB, 1080x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1499097969612.jpg
2MB, 1080x2700px
What's the essential knowledge for a no bonfire run?
I rolled a build earlier and have to go by these requirements:
>ASSASSIN
>WARRIOR OF SUNLIGHT
>NO BONFIRES
>STANDARD SHIELD
>GREATSWORD
>SORCERY
I'm going to use Greatsword of Judgement and will probably stay online just for fun, but not build with PVP in mind or anything.

Picture if anyone else wants a roll.
>>
someone post the weapon tier list
>>
>>181616193
>no bonfire run
But you literally have to use a bonfire to leave firelink.
>>
>>181616415
1. Estoc
2. Lothric Knight Sword
3. Pontiff Knight Curved Sword

That's all you need to know.
>>
>>181616193

Get repair powders, keep a blessed and simple infused item handy at all times, Crystal Flamberge is handy as fuck on an INT build if you're looking for a GS, since it keeps its bleed levels and does more physical damage than the MLGS

Use your sorceries sparingly as fuck, don't hoard souls since they'll be even harder to get to

Only use Estus when not doing so would ensure death, such as when afflicted by poison and the like. otherwise just use blessed and simple infusions to recover your bars
>>
File: The many faces of ahegao.png (283KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
The many faces of ahegao.png
283KB, 450x600px
>Try to PvP in Dark Souls 1, no-one is playing
>Try to PvP in Dark Souls 2, the game is shit
>Bite the bullet and buy Dark Souls 3
>Been stomping shitters nonstop for the past two days
It's soooo addicting~
>>
>>181616193
>What's the essential knowledge for a no bonfire run?
That it's impossible in Dark Souls 3.

>>181616506
>repair powders
>in Dark Souls 3
KUK
>>
>>181616463
Obviously bonfires that advance the plot are an exception.
I also literally have to start with an Estoc and Target Shield.

>>181616506
I'm going to Simple infuse either LKS or Stone Parma and probably use the Sun Princess Ring. Crystal Flamberge sounds like a cool pre-Pontiff weapon, but farming that thing is retarded early on.
>>
>>181616541
>Try to PvP in Dark Souls 1, no-one is playing
I was getting back to back invasions in Anor Lond, Ariamis, and even the Catacombs for hours a week ago
>>
>>181616597
It's very possible outside of the firelink bonfire
>>
>>181616193
How are you planning to use the greatsword of judgment? If you're only going to use bonfires for the purpose of "advancing the plot", then you can't return for the sole purpose of leveling up, since you have to use a bonfire to leave again. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only time you'll ~have~ to return to firelink and subsequently use a bonfire is when you reach soul of cinder.
>>
>>181616494

>Any of those standing up to an STR/FAI Buff build

>>181616415

For duels/1v1, you want something with true combos since you can abuse them in that situation. In invasion PvP, you want a weapon like an Ultra, being able to control your direct surrounding area with those wide swings is essential for retreating. The LKGS is one of the best due to the myriad of builds it can be used on, having the horizontal UGS swings, the very high damage poke R2 and the poise WA. AGS is good as well for a lighter option that's useful on even more builds and has the very strong, if easy to parry, charge WA

>>181616597

>Not using repair powders
>When running from the starting bonfire warp to Aldritch

>>181616629

Flamberge is easy to farm early game, just somewhat tedious based on how lucky you are. Just get to the area past Vordt, get to the bonfire under that house with the firebomb villagers and the angry big guy in the archway, and keep running back and forth between in and the doorway with the flamberge Thrall
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
>getting ass-raped by Pursuer
>losing my mind, say "fuck it, I'll fucking parry this nigger"
>mfw it actually works
all of my wat
I can't even parry any of the hollows in FOFG
wat
>>
File: 1488028195859.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1488028195859.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>>181616907
>STR/FAI Buff build
>>
man fuck this game, uninstalling too many hackers online
>>
File: 1499108099006.jpg (145KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499108099006.jpg
145KB, 459x600px
>>181610854
>we got le ds1 kiln instead of this
>>
>>181617006
K.
>>
>>181616060
Why would a grapist be intimidating? People are always so happy when he grapes them
>>181616193
There is no "point of no return" if that's what you ask. You can always go back to firelink with a homeward. You probably want to be really conservative with your healing, so probably go fai. As long as you don't ever need a quick sippy (aka don't fuck up big time) you should get enough from enemies. Aldritch rings, blessed weapons and pyromancer's parting flame can help a bunch
>>
>>181616929
Pursuer has longer windups.

>>181616852
It's still more reasonable to do a "Don't lose a bloodstain" no death run than a "no-bonfire" run that the game doesn't even acknowledge.
>>
>>181616885
Homeward Bone. I know that refills Estus, but there's at least some punishment in having to spawn all the way back at High Wall.
>>
>>181614742
>it's another gankspank post
Go on the dark souls 3 reddit already
>>
>>181617119
>I'm going to do a no bonfire run
>but I'm also going to use bonfires even though I don't have to
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>181616415
>>181607010
bruh
>>
>>181610854
It pains me how "more" ds3 could've been
It's not bad or anything filthy ds2fags grasping for posts to say how superior their game is to everything else
>>
>>181616907
>Flamberge is easy to farm early game
>no bonfire run
remember when you forgot to think? Also, what's with all the spacing?
>>181617114
So? Challenge runs are not for recognition from the game, they're for personal amusement
>>
>>181616193
Might as well.
>>
>>181617262
>>181617009

I mean, we got a lot of that back in Dreg Heap / TRC essentially. What I'm the most curious about is the huge serpent in the distance.
>>
Why is DS1 so much harder than DS3?
>>
>>181616980
not that guy, but DMB buffed weapons are extremely deadly vs average arena shitter which makes up for 99% of players anyway
>>
>>181617119
>I'm not using a bonfire on purpose teehee I'm just leveling up it doesn't count!
Don't pretend you're doing anything challenging if you're just going to half ass it.
>>
>>181617310
it's not, it's actually easier
>>
>>181617310
DS1 is more punishing but DS3 is generally speaking "harder" than DS1, requiring more reflexes.
>>
>>181617292
Dreg heap is nice but it doesn't have the whole "everything went to shit and you're going to as well" feel
I mean look at those tiny dragons and that huge snake
imagine if this was some true form of the primordial serpents
>>
>>181616980

One of the strongest builds going

True combos that will regularly 1-shot

Better healing from blessed infusions

You can even mix in a few attack miracles such as Lightning Stake or Lightning Arrow
>>
>>181604313
What is the best weapon for criticals with hornet
>>
>>181617750
fire dagger if you're melee
chaos dagger if you're tryhard faggot using 30/30 memeta
>>
>>181617787
>fire and chaos
>not deep and dark
Get with the times, grampa.
>>
>>181617146
It's a funny 4 panel comic, don't feel so offended Host of Embers ;^)
>>
>>181617787
What if you're max level? dark greataxe?
>>
>>181617827
dark damage is bugged and deals less damage on ripostes than fire, consider suicide sonny
>>
>>181617787
Why is chaos so good?
>>
File: sMEDfG4.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sMEDfG4.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>181617451
A lot of us actually thought DS3 was going to feature a battle against a Primordial Serpent.
>>
>>181617943
that sky looks so much better than the yellow/orange we got
>>
>>181617909
Chaos greataxe i believe
>>
>>181617915
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>181617943
Instead we got some random mobs with dark erectile dysfunctions...yay...
>>
>>181617943
That would be gay since they are immortal
>>
File: 8PFnsWH.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8PFnsWH.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>181618128
>since they're immortal
Lmao no, Kaathe's dead.

>>181618016
Eh, I prefer the final version that's in the game honestly.
>>
>>181618235
>kaathes dead

source
>>
>>181618235
>he thinks kaathe is dead
YOU FUCKING FOOL THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE
NO WONDER HE MEMED THOSE AUTISTS AT LONDOR
>>
>>181618235
>stomp on AGS instead of charge
what could have been
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3-Leak_06-05-15_012.jpg (89KB, 1095x616px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Leak_06-05-15_012.jpg
89KB, 1095x616px
Not the guy who's been posting these, but this one is very interesting to me. You see the little dragon things around Lothric Castle (perhaps they were the beta forms of the Pilgrim Butterflies) and the Dancer just standing there like an NPC.
>>
>>181618235
And they had death animations. Just because something doesn't age doesn't mean it can't be killed
>>181618272
Supposedly Yuria's jap dialogue
>>
>>181618272
>inb4 jap text
Before anyone posts the jap text claim, you do know that there's no japanese voice acting for meme souls and that it could've also been a mistranslation on their part when they were making the subtitles
>>
>>181618360
Said animations were cut from the game
>>
File: some fag.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
some fag.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
MAn i love making fight clubs with low level characters at Tower!

7 - 20 is best! SL! No twink fag armor. No ugly ass cartoony armor.

actually depends on skill since all the weapons are low level.

but when you do fight club... there is always that one faggot.. that one fag who ruins the fun for everyone. In this case. of course the thorn fag. Who ruined my fight club, had like 10 different ppl invade and summoned who were doing battle. And thhis fag ruined it.
>>
>>181618395
>could've also been a mistranslation on their part when they were making the subtitles
From is Japanese, you dingus. If there's any mistranslation, it is the english text, which was also used for voiceacting
>>
File: FREEFALLING.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FREEFALLING.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>181618560
Thorn fags why you have to ruin fight clubs!

Also i love low SL cause people die by falling or just being new to game. AND NOW IM FREE! FREE FALLING!
>>
>>181618647
They probably had the voice acting done first
Unlike avarage jap translation, they actually talk like proper human beings rather than autists
>>
>>181618560
Nice blog, subscribed :)
>>
>>181618735
>>181618560
Is low level pvp active?
Might give it a try
>>
>>181618735
>low sl is great because I can kill helpless people and don't get challenged at all!
Kill yourself, spic.
>>
File: battle2.jpg (426KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battle2.jpg
426KB, 1920x1080px
>>181618831
YES!

I get dried finger, and i SPAM that fucker. lol it is amazing! I have had game since release. Still have not beat it. Just because the low level is great! and networking does not suck dick! like DS 2 did. that was a fucking abomination of a game. I wish we had a way to make enemy stronger like that black monster.

>>181618870
LOL! o my god. That is hilarious. maybe stop taking games so serious kiddo. You really think i want to play high level rolling around like retards biggest fucking sword possible battles?

I actually see people just wear armor to look cool in low SL. Maybe your just mad cause you cant beat the game at low SL and have to level up cause your sorry ass is no good.
>>
>>181619062
>tells someone else to stop taking games seriously
>his first ESL tier post in this thread was about someone ruining his fight club
Really gets my noggin joggin
>>
Would SL 30 + 3 be the best place to stop if I want to get activity pretty much anywhere between Road of Sacrifices and Wolnir?
I primarily want watchdog invasions, but also be able to invade at Cathedral, Catacombs and Farron Keep.
>>
>>181619062
>>181618870
You're both faggots but only the final destination 1v1 me in street fighter scrub should put himself in a blender
>>
>>181619062
>LOL!
Go back.
>>
File: blazethepurp.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blazethepurp.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>181619143
germany. or some other western european autist.

Anyways to anyone else not sure. DO LOW SL! MAKE LOW SL GREAT!

I wish i had a damn kurki as a blade :( would make my guy look like a hellene! with wood shield and kurki!

FROM SOFT ADD THIS WEAPON IN DLC!
>>
>>181619062
>leonard armor
>T-HORNY armor
>fallen knight armor
you don't look so low level senpai
>>
>>181619276
People mule shit anon, especially on console. It's not hard to obtain later game shit if you have a willing buddie.
>>
File: scrubs cant handle low level.jpg (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scrubs cant handle low level.jpg
622KB, 1920x1080px
>>181619276
You can kill Leonard at the start of the game! You stupid? Wow. just.. I bet you think hours = skill in video games. That 3 year mcdonalds worker must be super good!

>>181619202
>>181619253
It was just a big battle. players fighting players, and i kept summoning more and more

Why is it so triggering for ppl to see other players who dont need to be level 300 to beat the game?
>>
File: 1469710356937.png (133KB, 495x265px) Image search: [Google]
1469710356937.png
133KB, 495x265px
>>181619062
>still have not beat it
>Maybe your just mad cause you cant beat the at low SL
>>
>>181619185
You can probably go up to +4, I did and I still got invasions. Otherwise, that would be a good stopping point for SL.
>>
>>181619387
Is it fair for other low level people if i get a friend to drop me a hornet ring
>>
>>181619445
>you can kill Leonard at the start of the game
Yeah but doesn't he take half of your hp with one swing
>>
>>181619445
>That 3 year mcdonalds worker must be super good
probably still better then you. SAD!
>>
File: Im saucin.jpg (705KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Im saucin.jpg
705KB, 1920x1080px
>>181619494
you fag!

You people are retarded if you seriously dont know how to get a lot of these early armors without cheating. YOU CAN EVEN USE YOUTUBE! the thing you retarded kids watch 24/7 on your smart phone!
>>
File: 1464413290065.jpg (35KB, 739x119px) Image search: [Google]
1464413290065.jpg
35KB, 739x119px
>do bow only run
>fight literally every boss in the game possible before crystal sage and deacons
>have a +10 bow
>still don't want to fight these retards
What is your least favourite boss(es) /dsg/?
>>
>>181619445
>if you don't twink for the purpose of fighting unskilled people that means you have to overlevel
K.
>>
File: bitch im saucin.jpg (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bitch im saucin.jpg
577KB, 1920x1080px
>>181619589

Also whoever had this Joker look alike character. was super cool! LOL i never thought of that.
>>
>tfw have a friend who actually posts stuff online in an extremely similar manner to this baiting idiot
If they could stay awake later than 10pm I'd be genuinely concerned its them
>>
>>181619589
I know how to get them
I simply don't care enough to get them
>>
>rapport has an arbitrary range that's lower than lock on distance
Why?
>>
File: im having fun.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
im having fun.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>181619643
how is it a twink you little cock sucker?? you realize you have self control? and dont need to get a super strong weapon if you want? or is it because you are autistic and HAVE to have maximum damage?

Thats your autistic problem not mine. My weapons are only + 3 with regular shards.
>>
>>181616193
rolling for my first dlc playthrough.
>>
>>181619831
>nd dont need to get a super strong weapon if you want?
Yeah, I'm sure the reason you don't upgrade your weapon isn't so that you don't have an unfair advantage over people who literally just started playing the game (lol), and not because then you wouldn't get matched with them.
>>
>>181619982
>arguing with an twink ESL spic
Do yourself a favor and stop it. He's retarded and just wants (you)s to justify being a dumb twink because apparently he was raped at a slightly higher level.
>>
>>181619632
>DaS1
Literally anything in Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins.
>DaS2
Freja because I have PTSD from Bloodborne.
>DaS3
Deacons, Sage, Ancient Dragon, Aldrich about 50% of the time.
>>
>>181619950
>deprived
>aldrich
>no bonfires
>greatshields
>hammers
What a fucking shit character.
>>
>>181616193
*Rolls for world peace*
>>
>tfw caveman build isn't viable
>>
Alright fags im late to the party and just got DS3 few questions

how high does my STR need to be for a quality
build so I can wield all halberds/curved greatswords one handed

Ashes or Ringed city first

are elemental weapons better than a non elemental weapons like in DS2 or is it like DS1 where its reversed

is there an obvious best starting gift like the master key or is it just preference like in DS2

try not to spoiling anything and thanks in advance
>>
>>181620824
Spoiler anon do it!!!!
>>
>>181620824
>how high does my STR need to be for a quality
Softcap is 40, I've seen some people go for 27 in order to invest stats in other areas. If you want halberds and CGS go 40.
>Ashes or Ringed city first
You can only go to ringed if you've completed ashes or the base game
>are elemental weapons better than a non elemental weapons like in DS2 or is it like DS1 where its reversed
Depends on a number of things - generally worse because split damage has a higher AR but lower actual damage after reduction modifiers. If you're doing a caster elemental is better though since it scales with fth/int
>is there an obvious best starting gift like the master key or is it just preference like in DS2
Life ring or fire gem are the best choices, young branch is a honorable mention, everything else is shit.
>>
>>181620262
>>181619982
children. sure are unique.. in their autistic ways.

stacey was a whore anyway. get over her.
>>
>>181621409
???
>>
Why does every ds thread turn to garbage eventually
>>
>>181622435
Because it's primarily a console game, and that attracts dirty brown people.
>>
>>181622435
Fags, and people not specifying their system. People giving a shit about the lore, people asking google tier questions, people baiting because their shut ins for the summer.
I don't know anon take your pic
>>
File: 1496642489234.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496642489234.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>181621409
what
>>
>>181616193
Roll
>>
>>181622479
.t cursed blade
>>
File: 1484243452976.png (180KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484243452976.png
180KB, 400x540px
>>181616193
>>
>>181622890
Who
>>
File: 1449897558404.jpg (27KB, 358x350px) Image search: [Google]
1449897558404.jpg
27KB, 358x350px
>tfw shit internet
>just want fight some scrubs
>everyone just teloports into me and I instantly die
>>
I'm getting tired of farming falconers for little reward. Anyone want to help eachother with sunlight medals on PS4?
>>
File: 1499130881178.jpg (81KB, 416x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499130881178.jpg
81KB, 416x576px
If that anon who was willing to help me Deus Vult on PS4 is around, I'm game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (262KB, 961x547px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
262KB, 961x547px
This is my current build. Should I reach for the 40/40 in int and faith, or just throw the rest of my points in endurance and vit?
The focus is on spell casting, so I'm not too worried about vigor. They can't hit you if you're not near them.
>>
File: rootguy.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rootguy.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>181624434
Hmm, that's tough. Your build looks really well balanced especially at your SL, and I don't know if you want to go further to meta. When you go to 120 that's when you reach the 40/40 threshold, and dump it to vigor. But I'd say you've done fine, and if you want non-meta invasions I say stick with it.
>>
>>181624582
Cursed great wood, like all other humans "hollow". You know like trees....
Were we came from in the first game, and where the kiln is located, Trees man.
>>
Why is DaS3 so boring to play? I'm at Farron keep and this is just bland.
>>
>>181605261
heh
>>
File: Yuria.the.Witch.full.171639.jpg (2MB, 1563x1841px) Image search: [Google]
Yuria.the.Witch.full.171639.jpg
2MB, 1563x1841px
Yuria vs Karla. Who is the best Witch Waifu?
>>
>>181624746
So which one are you about to say is better than it, you unoriginal cunt? Are you a bloodborne troll or a DS2 troll?
>>
>>181624862
Their both town bikes...so I don't know, maybe Karla cuz she teaches neat dark spells?
>>
>>181624717
I'm a newfag to these games so I'm very ignorant of the lore.
>>
File: IMG_6338.jpg (76KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6338.jpg
76KB, 640x906px
>>181624974
That's fine. Not really much lore in these games aside from 1s establishing cutscene and item descriptions. But some visuals usually have references to go by. Ask around if you want decent heacanons or explanations based of item descriptions. It's all we have
>>
>>181618743
How can they do voice acting before the actual written (japanese) script has been finished? Think before you post.
>>
What's some good red/white/blue fashion to wear today?
>>
>>181624939
Bloodborne isn't as bland as DaS3.
>>
>>181616193
Here comes the boi
>>
I don't understand what does this Dark Souls (2) wants from me.

Against a boss, a shield will deflect damage but my stamina will be completely burned, armor seems to be quite moot because heavy one means being slow and subject to many attacks but armor seems to be arbitrarily ignored most of the times anyway.

So what do I have to do? Just grind until I have enough stamina so I can do 3 rolls-attack-roll again?

Is that it? But then enemies despawn which seems a way to say that I should not grind, but which is it Dark souls? Which is it?
>>
>>181626092
level adp
>>
>>181626092
Get 99 agility and roll my lad
>>
File: Not Havel.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Not Havel.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>181626092
Get a good shield. Don't use a shield against Fume Knight, specifically.
>>
I can't do this guys. I can't finish Dark Souls 3. I forgot how uninspired and bland the level design is. Road of sacrifices and Farron keep are so fucking boring and bad.
>>
>>181626456
>Road of sacrifices
That shit takes two fucking minutes to go through.
>>
File: 8dc6b81b.jpg (80KB, 1114x960px) Image search: [Google]
8dc6b81b.jpg
80KB, 1114x960px
Why were rapiers so good in PvE in Dark Souls 2, but suck so bad in DkS1 and 3?

I love them, but I don't like doing 12 damage.
>>
>>181626234
I haven't found a good shield despite all the areas I visited so far, unless I missed it.
>>
>>181626609
It's fucking bad though. It's like they were trying to recreate dark root garden but failed miserably. Same with Farron keep, catacombs, and smoldering lake. Those areas are just horrible.
>>
File: 7ueQVmV.jpg (44KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
7ueQVmV.jpg
44KB, 852x480px
>>181626456
I know that feel. I bumrush through all of it until I get to Irithyll and the game starts not sucking.
High Wall is the only good level during the 1st half of the game, desu.
>>
>>181626746
If you want a medium shield early on, use the Drangleic shield. It's right after the Pursurer.
>>
>>181626764
>It's like they were trying to recreate dark root garden but failed miserably.
In what fucking way?
>>
File: 1497708787842.webm (2MB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497708787842.webm
2MB, 640x440px
Are there really people who run through zones without way of the blue on? Whats the purpose of trying to reach the boss as another covenant?
>>
>>181626764
>I'm at farron keep
>I've also visited all these areas past farron keep
You're not fooling anyone. I wish this general was kept up by more than the same 2 fags 1337 troling
>>
>>181626456
I really wish cathedral of the deep had the anti-swamp ring instead of the posionbite ring
>>
>>181626092
To commit, medium shields are ass against bosses and most lategame enemies, greatshield are where its at if you want to tank shit and have stamina left to attack.
If you want to use armor you have to level VIT
If you want to use roll and not be super tight on timings you have to level ADP/ATT
If you want to use shields you need END and a good shield

And so on, you can't really slap shit on and just hope it works, sure its hard to do a "bad" build of DS2 since the game is very forgiving in that department, but its easy to be suboptimal enough so that things are more difficult than they should be
>>
>>181627076
I mainly leave on a different covenant while I have my summon sign down (it's a mistake to not have your sign down while running through an area), and then switch to way of blue + dried finger when I get invaded
>>
>>181626937
It's supposed to be the "wilderness" area like darkroot garden. But it's just a poor imitation of it.
>>
>>181624582
We are born of the trees, made men by the trees, undone by the trees.
>>
>>181626746
Both of the early game 100% pysical medium shields are semi-hidden, the worse one is after pursuer, just drop down in the area behind him, the second one is sold by MacTough, who is in the area right after pursuer by taking the eagle express.
>>
File: felkin-concept-art-1050x720.jpg (231KB, 1050x720px) Image search: [Google]
felkin-concept-art-1050x720.jpg
231KB, 1050x720px
>>181626092
Just make a hexer and start spamming the 4324 Dark Orbs at your disposal at everything until the game submits out of pity.
>>
>>181627161
>It's supposed to be the "wilderness" area like darkroot garden. But it's just a poor imitation of it.
[citation needed]
it's SUPPOSED to be an introduction to the weird shit at the base of the high wall, nothing else. stop projecting
>>
>>181627161
>It's supposed to be the "wilderness" area like darkroot garden.
Crucifixtion woods felt more like that than RoS.
>>
>>181626919
Oh the irony, I am fighting him right now, if only I had not lost all the souls I did or wasted my human effigies, oh well, maybe I'll try killing the twins in the pirate ship first and see what happens then.
>>
>>181627294
It's like a forest level is supposed to be compared to darkroot eveyfucking time. Goddamn these kids buy into the silly ass memes of the "remember XD guys"
>>
>>181627409
Why are you defending the DaS3 horrible level design? Are you a paid shill?
>>
>>181627464
DS2 is shit. Bloodborne is slightly worse than DS3.
Get over it, no one thinks coming here every day and thinking of new ways to write bait is funny or clever.
>>
>>181627409
Let's be real here, BB did the whole "forest" thing the best.
Darkroot was either a narrow hallway or just a circular arena, N64 woods and forest of fallen giants neither felt like a forest and DS3 was too open so it didn't feel right either.
BB tho, holy shit did that place feel like forest the first time around
>>
>>181627161
DaS1 had shit areas as well.
>>
File: 1449586814447.jpg (22KB, 511x340px) Image search: [Google]
1449586814447.jpg
22KB, 511x340px
>>181627637
Name literally one
>>
>>181627294
>it's SUPPOSED to be an introduction to the weird shit at the base of the high wall
??
>>
>>181627294
If you could cut down the poison clots and have the swamp level reduce it would be literally perfect
>>
>>181627697
Izalith
>>
>>181627697
Lost izalith, tomb of the giants, duke's archives
pretty much anything past anor londo actually.
>>
>>181627389
If you were asking what the game wants from you vs him: Parries. He is super easy to parry and stands there like a idiot for what feel like forever afterwards. You can use that time to wail on him or shoot him with the ballistas.
>>
>>181627574
Forbidden woods lacked the enemy variety though. It was literally just 2 types of enemies. The snake balls and the parasite snake people.

>>181627697
Catacombs
Lost Izalith
Demon Ruins
Blighttown
Tomb of giants
Crystal caves
The rehashed level in the DLC
>>
Why was Ariandel nailed down?
>>
>>181627701
Corvians, ghrus, giant crabs, basilisks, crucified werewolves, elder ghrus, slugs.
>>
>>181627890
>>181627791
You lose. He said name 1. Tomb of the Giants was great, by the way.
>>
File: 1383861708872.jpg (13KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1383861708872.jpg
13KB, 278x278px
>>181628053
He has Asperger, and frequently would go into autism rage on people who tried to touch him.
>>
>>181627389
Pursuer is a fun boss, he feels really hard at first but becomes insultingly easy once you get used to the game
His combos have surprisingly little tracking, you can beat him by running circles around him, no need to even roll
He has really long counter damage windows meaning high counter rating weapons fuck his shit up super hard
Almost all of his attacks are parriable, the ones that aren't are obvious (the grab, the shield bashes), although once you learn to roll, its usually far better to just counter hit his ass for more damage
His combos have really short range, unless your rocking >69 equip load a single roll backwards will give you relative safety
He is easy to bait into certain attacks (step backwards a few steps and 90% of the time he will do his charge, which can be sidestepped without rolling)
His combos are really shit, the usual swing shield bash hovering swing will miss you if you just stand under his right arm

If you ever git gud you will unironically wonder how you ever had trouble with him
>>
>>181628104
I still have no idea what you're talking about. You only find each of those in one of two areas, assuming that by "base of the high wall" you mean farron keep proper. Except the giant crabs, of which there is one in the swamp
>>
>>181620271
I'll never understand the Freja hate. She can't hit you and her minions won't attack you. There is no easier boss to burn ascetics on.
>>
>>181628393
Road of sacrifices+ Farron keep introduce you to monster enemies.
>>
>>181628441
Some people actually have issues with spiders, like a legitimate mental handicap.
>>
>>181627464
>"Oh man, he doesn't share my fucking opinion spouted here for a year.
>"Must mean he's a paid shill guys"
Stop
>>
>>181628441
>her minions won't attack you
only in sotfs, in vanilla they were fucking annoying. but the worst offender for me is the slowwalk. at least ds1/3 gave some way to counter that
>>
How many shit areas does DaS3 have?
>>
>>181628697
Easier the count the ones who are not shit, thqh.
>>
>>181604313
Those angels are really nasty, the light spell they use doesn't look or sound menacing, but it's actually much deadlier than a basilisks breath is, even if you were fighting five basilisks at once, they still wouldn't be that much of a threat.

But that petrifying light literally comes out of nowhere, giving you some time to go away.
>>
Picked up Ds2 SOTFS after not playing Ds2 in a couple years

What would be a fun build to run through with? Looking for maybe Faith or Powerstance

Also what am I in for compared to vanilla?
>>
>>181626092
Only one boss in the entire game is a pain to dodge, so unless you're dead set on a shield build level ADP, drop your weight below 30% and learn to avoid attacks without panicrolling. Just don't get hit.
>>
>>181628697
All of them.
>>
>>181628697
none
>>
>>181628697
I love the game, but it's levels do lack
>Farron keep on repeat playthroughs
>Profaned Capital
>road of sacrifices being empty and not invade worthy.
>Lothric Castle feels short
>consumed Garden
>First part of ariandel is a sort of slog
>Dreg heap is great, but swamp area is lame,
That's about it in terms of them being annoying rather then bad. At least none of them are fucking blatenly unfinished like in 1(minus profane)
>>
>>181628832
STR + faith is fairly good, you get heals, ranged damage + really good damage if you infuse a high base damage weapon with lightning, then buff with sunlight blade + sacred oath.
>Also what am I in for compared to vanilla?
Rebalanced item placements for the base game, DLC keys hidden around the world, generally different enemy placement for the base game with even more emphasis on "fuck bow cheesing/1 by 1 pulling"
A lot of encounters have built in methods for dealing with them, if you run into 20 dudes then you either fucked up somewhere along the line by trying to run past too much shit, or you need to look around for explosive barrels, giant open areas for kiting or narrow hallways for chokepointing.
>>
>>181609249
It's because his armor is shit
>>
>>181628697
Farron keep is the only painful area.

Catacombs and smoldering lake are kinda boring.

Overall though DaS3 has less shit areas than the other games.
>>
>>181624582
Humans are turning into archtrees in preperation for the Age of Ash/Age of Ancients.

Age of Dark = Immortal Ubermensch
Age of Fire = Regular Humans
Fading Age of Fire = Shitty Hollows
Age of Ash = Archtrees
>>
>>181628832
New enemy placements, new plot NPC, tons of NPC reds, and some new intuitive design. Best PvP is above 3mil SM.
>>
File: DSIIIYAY_1.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSIIIYAY_1.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Anybody have any ideas for sick meme builds, preferably at low levels?
>>
I bet some Persian bought several hundred copies of DS2 and didn't know everybody hated it and now he's trying to sell them but just can't get rid of them so he tries to shill it here hoping he'll turn public opinion around and someone will finally buy them but he just keeps getting further into debt.
>>
>>181624434
That's way too much Attunement for pretty much any caster, keep in mind that your casting is limited by your FP, your FP is limited by your Ashen Estus, and your Ashen Estus can only recover 200 per chug unless you have the ring equipped. You could lower it down to 30 and not notice the difference.

>They can't hit you if you're not near them.
That's literally never a thing when you're playing the caster class with the shortest ranged spells. Glass cannon builds are better suited to Sorcerers since Soul Arrows keep enemies at bay and Homing Soulmass and Soul Greatsword are what cover you at close range. Long range options for Pyros pale in comparison.

It also looks like you're only at 20 Dex for the casting speed. Get someone to mule you a Sage's +2, and you can drop it down to 10. All the spare points you can dump into Int/Fai to get to 40/40, then Vigor and Endurance. Vit is wholly unnecessary since you have no hyperarmor weapons, but Endurance is still important on casters because casting still costs stamina.

And for fuck's sake, get rid of that Clutch ring. It's worthless in PvP.
>>
>>181630051
That makes more sense than it should.
>>
>>181630051
Why would someone try to shill for a game for the sames games general, seems rather counterintuitive.
Get used to it dude, sale brought in new players because it costs less than 1 piece of DLC for 3 and people who like it are more likely respond than people who dislike it, only so long a hateboner an fuel shitposting on the internet.
>>
>>181616193
May as well roll, I need a distraction from crippling toothache.

>>181628697
Too many fucking swamps 2bh, but I've recently co-op'd the trilogy with a friend and DaS3 still remains the most fun out of all of them.
>>
Anyone wanna fight some Fume Knight? PC, non-SotFS, 2.7mil SM

I didn't know about the save-a-smelter-rod thing, so fuck, I've got a quarter of the zone healing him. Please help, senpai
>>
>>181630424
>non-SotFS
You're fucked.
>>
>>181628291
>>181627794
>>181628840
I am going to try again but I just can't parry, do I have to watch an hour of some autistic video which explains the various frames in which I can do parry with X weapon and Y type of enemy?
>>
>>181630531
>immediate (You)
Why you gotta do me like that
>>
File: itsamemario.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itsamemario.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
HEY! who here wants to RP a character run with me! I got a low level I have not gotten far. at Tower.

?? or ill go play another game..
>>
>>181630424
Grab a fast weapon
Do single stabs inbetween his combo
Heal at the end of his combo, he will do an overhead smash, now he can't enter phase 2 for as long as the sword is glowing, keep doing that and sticking close to him, you now have to learn a single 3-4 hit combo with the occasional backhand swing, easy to do without getting hit once.
If your one of those strange people who find Phase 2 easier then just go buy Veldstads helm, equip it and enjoy your phase 2 at the start of the fight.

>>181630562
Parry frames are active when you parry and your weapon is in front of your character.
No weapons have instant parry frames in 2, everything from parrying shields to ultra greatweapns have windup frames. Parrying shields, parrying daggers and rapiers have low windup and good active frames, ultra weapons have long windup but good active frames, pretty much everything else has shit active frames, don't try to hilt or naked fist parry unless your really good.
>>
>>181630562
The parry timing is retardedly easy. Just put distance between you, and when it dashes at you, shield raised, just parry with a small shield when it gets you to. It might take a few tries to get the timing down, but once you do, you should be able to parry it 100% of the time.
>>
>when you're fucking around with different builds or helping out a friend and suddenly a legit tryhard invader comes in
>>
>>181630916
>[ makes me angry. Know whats worse? A legit fun invader not using estus. Fighting two pahtoms who are fags and just try to rush you while not letting you estus, Boring people.
>>
>>181630882
BOOTING UP MY GAME & WATCH
>>
>>181630916
>>when you're fucking around with different builds or helping out a friend and suddenly a legit tryhard invader comes in
Time for you to prove you are as good as you think you are and aren't just being supported by your crutches.
>>
>>181630882
Whom are you RPing?
>>
>>181630916
PLS BE IRONIC
>>
>>181631062
>>181631062
Whhats uh your steam name?

use Guerrilla Mail and lets email each other.

h X X ps://www.guerrillamail.com

[email protected]
>>
>>181630916
You know that invasions are legitimately an intended part of the game experience, right? It's been built into the Soulslike formula ever since Demon's Souls.

Getting mad at an invader who used what advantages he could to win against the typical 2v1 that the game generally throws at his ilk just makes you seem overly salty.
>>
>>181630916
Go pisspant or go Home
>>
>>181630901
>>181630902
I am trying with the buckler on other enemies and it seems to work, so there's a chance.
>>
>>181631380
Sorry brah I'm PS4, I was just pointing out that you didn't specify which platform you were on and so made it difficult for people to respond to you.
>>
>>181631381
>Getting mad at an invader who used what advantages he could to win against the typical 2v1 that the game generally throws at his ilk just makes you seem overly salty.

I sure hope you don't get angry like a little bitch when people bring up that Invading is supposed to be difficult. Otherwise you'd be a real hypocritical little bitch.
>>
>>181631297
Gonna be a Celt iberian warrior!

Gotta find a falcata/ shortsword that is good with Small cirle shield, Or a good rectangle shield. I like to RP historical infantry.
>>
>>181631417
It's not DS1/3's instant parry, you still reaction parry but parrying too late is actually possible since your not in the active part of the parrying animation yet
>>
>>181604482
>What happens to Gywnevere & Priscilla?
The real Gwynevere is currently not in Lordran, having married the flame god Flann. After that nobody knows

Priscilla is in the painting, you either kill her or you don't, its up to you to end her story. DS3 doesnt answer that for you either, it only implies she might have been the painting woman's mother.

>How did Havel die?
Stuck in the tower until hollowed and died.

>How does Siegmeyer of Catarina die?
His daughter kills him, and you help her.

>Does Gwyn essentially win?
Dark Souls 1 wasn't really meant to have sequels, DS2 existing already retroactively removes the binary ending of DS1 and turns it into cycles by implication of you choosing to prolong the age of fire, which i find stupid imo. So depending on your actions DS1 either ends with you prolonging the age of the gods or you ending it and rising as the dark lord.

In the end it would be better if Gwyn lost and the dark lord was the antagonist of the sequel.
>>
>>181630916
>'I got dumpstered by an invader'
>'B-but it's not like I was playing for serious'
>'H-he was just a tryhard, after all'

Very Good
Very Good
Very Good
Very Good
>>
>>181630916
>nigger runs behind enemies every time they take one hit

Worst part is the game encourages that really. If people don't want to actually fight when they invade and do that shit, I just go back to some safe area and force them to come to me if they want to fight. The best is when you end up getting someone who's so mad that they end up popping invis and end up spamming arrows at you.
>>
>>181631519
I used to get real salty about that, but then I realised that sticking with it despite the disadvantage has made me a much better player.
>>
>>181617292
>>181617451
There are two big ass snakes in the dreg heap
>>
>>181631702
>somebody invades to halt someones progress
>Literally give them exactly what they want and sit at the bonfire
????
>>
>tfw no cursed weapons in DS3
I just want my paladin to swing around a weapon that is blatantly evil.
>>
>>181631740
Then no problems senpai. I just hate people that think that invading should mean a free kill. Nothing is more pathetic than seeing someone go on and on about how it's not fair for the invader when it's piss easy to turn every disadvantage into an advantage since you can pull enemies without any issue.
>>
>>181631881
Literally there are no holy weapons in DaS3 it's all edgy black armour and bleed weapons
>>
>>181631702
Why do you assume he's mad?

I agree that if an invader is dicking around like that against a lone host then he's a little bitch, but if you have a phantom then he's well within his rights to try to fuck you using terrain and *unzips invisible greatbow* when you bitch out to the bonfire.
>>
>>181631821
>doesn't know how to counter troll

4real?
>>
>>181631702
If after a few swings I determine there's a decent chance that the player I invaded could beat me, I run further up in the level, then use a branch and hide. Then I watch anime on my laptop until he dies.
This strategy has never failed me. The kind of people who run to the bonfire instead of just killing whatever's in the way aren't typically good enough to make it all the way through without stopping at one anyway.
>>
>>181631979
>invader
>trol
STOp
>>
>>181631957
Not edgy/bleed, cursed/evil. Big difference. Also there's Wolnir's blade. Literally has holy in the name.
>>
>>181632081
>being this bad

how did you ever get past pinwheel?
>>
>>181616193
roo
>>
File: 1465853140058.jpg (59KB, 351x454px) Image search: [Google]
1465853140058.jpg
59KB, 351x454px
>Implying I should feel bad about my 60 fth Darkmoon Bladed Washing Pole.

Eat it, you shitters.
>>
File: 1388057915933.png (703KB, 442x825px) Image search: [Google]
1388057915933.png
703KB, 442x825px
Opinion on people who run and heal during undead match?
>>
>>181631702
You know you can turn invisible without hacks, right?
>>
>>181632551
Who said anything about hacks?
>>
>>181631702
>so mad that they end up popping invis and end up spamming arrows at you

Nigger obscuring ring greatbow shenanigans are fun as fuck. Nothing more satisfying than memeing on a host who refuses to proceed.

I mean, if you're getting mad that I'm using the level to harass you and your phantom circlejerk, then you're at a crossroad. You can either work to get rid of me, or you can flee to the bonfire and let me completely emasculate you.
>>
>>181630424
Desperation bump for fume Knight

I summoned one dude and we got him down to <10% but I haven't seen him again

Save me from this suffering
>>
>>181632549
If they have enough time to heal, you're the one to blame.
>>
>>181632549
I'm doing it to piss people Off
>>
>tfw no one does anything in the arena other than duels
MY GLASS CANNON BUILD WORKS BEST IN GROUPS
I CAN'T HANDLE PRESSURE
>>
>>181632574
I assumed that you called the invader mad for using hacks, which some people do. How is using legitimate techniques to wear you down "being mad"?
>>
File: 1290915580364.jpg (52KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
1290915580364.jpg
52KB, 365x450px
>>181632656
>being this scared of dying

I think you're playing the wrong game.
>>
File: 0 (2).png (685KB, 542x800px) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).png
685KB, 542x800px
Is there any downside going past SL120 to say 125 or 130? would any covenants become useless for invasions or summons with the 120 bracket?
>>
>>181632721
People like to pretend the person they're fighting against is super angry on the other side of the screen, because that means that ~they're~ not actually angry, they're just l33t troles.
>>
>>181632951
Not much except being unable to connect with people below SL 100 as much in soapstones and invasions.
>>
>>181632721
if you're having to spam any kind of consumable because you don't want to enter an area to fight someone you invaded instead of black stoning out, you're kinda frustrated
>>
>>181632951
For watchdogs it's near impossible to be summoned, aldritch remains the same. 160+ is when you leave the 120+ bracket and meet the try-hards section. Overall, the game is still pretty lively so not much consequence as of late.
>>
>>181632661
Hard to do when you're a passive player. Having to switch gears and start chasing them around while they high tail it isn't my idea of fun. I just take a seat and let the clock run out, which is something they ALWAYS comply with since they can't do anything else.
>>
>>181632951
You're already fucked for invasions outside of the DLCs by going over SL80. The best you can hope for at SL120 is invading in TRC, above that all you can do is invade into gank squads at Pontiff's.
>>
>>181633270
Lmao way to try and make it sound liek it was your decision
>>
>>181633137
You think I'm doing this for the measly souls? I got lodes 'a' souls from PvE. If you're staying in one place waiting to tank me, you can bet I'll pelt
>>
>>181633501
Just calm down buddy, it's okay. No one is questioning your penis.
>>
>>181633482
that's exactly what it is

get fucked, you can't hit shit
>>
File: Shopping List.png (124KB, 606x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shopping List.png
124KB, 606x360px
Recently started playing ds1, 30 hours in and really like it. Thinking about buying ds 2 & 3 at the steam sale. Are they worth picking up?
>>
>>181633570
Enjoy playing passive and getting punished I guess
>>
>>181633561
>calm down
Post a picture of your face. I bet you have the typical nu-male brow.
>>
>>181633637
2 isn't
>>
>>181633647
punished by great heal?

oh no i'm scared
>>
>>181633637
Buy DkS3. Skip dark souls 2 altogether. Also if you have a PS4, concider Bloodborne.
>>
File: FelixGlee.png (382KB, 612x475px) Image search: [Google]
FelixGlee.png
382KB, 612x475px
>>181633650
>I'm not mad!
>See how totally not mad I am!?
>>
>>181633637
DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2
>>
>>181633637
Fuck off you poor shitskin
>>
>>181632549
If anyone does this I just collapse and wait for them to kill me. It's just lame, I don't care if it's my fault or not that he could get it off.
>>
>>181633754
I'm not even the guy you were talking to originally, I'm just saying that responding to getting called out with "y-yeah but I bet you have emotions" is gay as shit.
>>
>>181623858
Why would I ever care about farming medals?
>>
>>181633704
You just made a post about how you got so upset your refused to play for 2 minutes
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (6KB, 234x252px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
6KB, 234x252px
>>181633821
>N-n-n-no, I'm someone else!
>See? See how not mad I am!?
>>
>>181633853
upset about what? wasting my time while i waste my time?

you try too hard loser
>>
>>181633907
K.
>>
>>181633907
>>181633821
You faggots need to stop sucking each other off and get a fucking hotel already. Jeez enough with this flirting!
>>
>>181633637
SotFS is worth it at the price since you get a lot of gameplay value out of such a low price.

DaS3 is only worth picking up right now if you intend on participating in the PvP. Otherwise wait for another price drop and sale.
>>
>>181634001
Autism.
>>
File: 1490939240076.jpg (73KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
1490939240076.jpg
73KB, 604x403px
>>181633561
What are you even on about?
>>
>>181634021
DaS3 is a better deal because the multiplayer is still active. Also, you'll play through DaS2 once and never touch it again.
>>
File: ctf.jpg (83KB, 1003x747px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.jpg
83KB, 1003x747px
>>181633756
The objective and correct answer and truth.

All other opinions are discarded.
>>
>>181632549
This is why i always fight at the round plaza, the fags got nothing to run and hide behind
>>
>>181634221
Lucifer do you think DaS3 is better than BB?
>>
>tfw no bone dragon boss
We could have had an area in TRC called Dragon Graveyard where they dumped all the bones of Everlasting Dragons, which come together to form a monstrosity under the influence of dark. Instead we got Midir who kinda became corrupted because he coudn't control his eating habit.
>>
>>181631881

I use the Harald Curved Greatsword for this purpose.
Big, gold weapon covered in dark, abyss shit
Thats what youre looking for
>>
File: shittybuild.png (49KB, 308x288px) Image search: [Google]
shittybuild.png
49KB, 308x288px
>>181634221
Lucifer would you recommend I go for 60 instead of 66 strength on this build?
I really need those six levels for ??? and I definitely need the 18 dex for all those "fun" str weapons that are actually better with quality builds!
>>
how is a stagger calculated against poise on first hit?
>>
Reminder that Artorias was canon left handed, so when you fight him his sword arm is broken and hes using his offhand.
>>
>>181634802
see: >>181633756

>>181635105
I would recommend starting as a Knight instead of warrior and ask why you are hiding that you are using the chain?
>>
File: 1472842415987.jpg (44KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
1472842415987.jpg
44KB, 600x690px
How do you build high strength high faith characters? Im plotting it out on mugenmonkey and even at just base stats for mornes hammer Im already having to make concessions in vit. Do you just have to go up to like 150? That seems like it would be kind of un-fun playing at that high of an SL.

Anyone have experience with this sort of build?
>>
File: Lucky 7s.jpg (38KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky 7s.jpg
38KB, 640x361px
Redpill my on luck /dsg/.

How useless is it?
>>
>>181635456
Go 26/60. Morne's is unfortunately too high requirements to fit on any reasonable 120 build however.
>>
>>181635310
But DaS3 is better than DaS1 and DeS.
>>
>>181635502
So useless that they made items that rely on it just so it doesn't get the resistance treatment.
>>
>>181635502
Not useless at all. Hollow/bleed builds are very strong in both PvP and PvE. Plus they're spoiler tag fun.
>>
>>181635502
It's the Resistance stat of DaS3. A good minmaxer will always choose the class with the least amount of it if possible.
>>
>>181633637
If you have the money buy them and form your own opinions. A lot of people shit on DaS2 just because they want to fit in. Best way is to play it and figure out whether or not you like it, same with 3.
>>
>>181635456

You take advantage of the fact that the best STR weapons are used 2handed and go 27/60, abuse the fuck out of true combo weapons that can be buffed ala Splitleaf, and use poisecasting, lightning arrows, blessed infused parry tools such as Llewellyn, Iron Round. Lightning Dagger since split damage isn't nerfed for crits, have either a Dark Sword, Long Sword, LKS or Broadsword handy for quickstep spammers
>>
>>181635310
There is literally nothing wrong with using the chain
>>
File: 1497290763321.jpg (131KB, 545x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497290763321.jpg
131KB, 545x560px
>>181635502
Unless you wanna roll a super-niche build for nerds, useless.
>>
What's happened that's made the PChain actually good now? Last time I played it was "don't use it ever once you're above SLXX" because it made you take a shitload more damage for not enough benefit.
>>
>>181635456
27/60 Lothric Knight Greatsword w/ Lightning Blade, Lightning Arrow, and poisecasted lightning stake.
>>
>>181636119
It got its damage penalty reduced in both pve and pvp, now it's only like 3%~ extra damage taken for 15 free levels.
>>
>>181636119
The abs penalty is so low you can mitigate it with just the extra armor you wear, provided you hit 70 or so
>>
>>181633672
>>181633735
>>181633756
>>181634021
>>181635759
Thx for the replies. Probably just going to buy them all and refund if their shit.
>>
>>181635651
i thought the luck effect on bleed didn't work in PVP?
>>
>>181636119
The "shitload more damage" part of it was nerfed, so now the combined flat defenses from the stats will more or less mitigate it, along with the free HP from the +5 Vigor.

If you can achieve your build without needing the ring, it's still nice since you won't have the absorption penalty or a hard ring slot to worry about. But otherwise it's useful even at SL120 because some stat-intensive builds become possible, even on casters.
>>
>>181635456
Havels 3 and prisoners and maybe lower hp.
>>
>>181635852
My post made no claim one way or the other about it's viability. I simply asked and ask again, why are you hiding it?

>>181636351
If you want to enjoy them all, play DaS2 first. It is the shittiest of the bunch, so playing it after the others will only make it feel that much worse.
>>
>>181635456
there is literally no difference between SL 120 - 150 - 200 beyond having more abilities at your disposal. believe it or not, not even half the active players actually stay at 'meta' levels. match making ranges are really wide in 3.
>>
>>181635502
Pretty fun build if you don't want to be a meta level shitter. Hard to make but once it's done, is extremely well for PVE. For PVP you can make do with it, if you're not a total shitter. Murkaramo with a bleed infusion or carthus rogue can catch rolls and proc bleed quickly.
>>
>>181635502
You might get lucky and win a match.
Just one though
>>
>>181636506
I'm not hiding it though? Its pretty obvious it uses the chain, don't make a big deal about it
You never answered my question either though, should I drop those six points in str!?
>>
>>181636518
>its good for PvE

Why do people keep using this as an argument? You're not wrong, but you'd have to be deliberately fucking up to make something that doesn't get through PvE.
>>
>>181636512
>not even half the active players actually stay at 'meta' levels
nice propaganda you overleveled shitter
>>
File: z9h0xjdqko3z.jpg (57KB, 482x493px) Image search: [Google]
z9h0xjdqko3z.jpg
57KB, 482x493px
imagine getting a handjob from this, it'd be a handjob and blowjob in one!
>>
>>181636749
>you overleveled shitter

Not him, but I promise you, there's a sea of them beyond 120.
>>
>>181636792
>hairy man hands
yeah no thanks
>>
>>181636749
It's so funny when you see someone make a post like that then a week or so later you see multiple post all with similar wording that are crying about how impossible it is to farm for X covenant and the match making is terrible at X sl above 120
>>
>>181636792
>blowjob from an opening with nothing but teeth and fingernails

YOU DIED
>>
The abyss watcher fight would be a lot cooler if they were just a few more of them, and each one that died split their total HP among all living ones along with every single one alive regenerating to full hp when one dies, so basically each time a watcher dies each remaining watcher grows stronger

also it would be like a 10 minute fight which would be pretty a pretty cool break along all the short 1-2 min fights
>>
File: 20170513221049_1.jpg (603KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170513221049_1.jpg
603KB, 1920x1080px
>>181618560
>7 - 20 is best! SL! No twink fag armor. No ugly ass cartoony armor.
yeah about that
>>
>>181637225
>Sale shitter saw one Tank and has to post it everytime
*Cringe*
>>
>>181635502

Luck mage build is pretty sweet, use Anri's SS, get the min STR requirement, 18 dex for cast speed, 40 luck plus however much int you need to access the spells you want. Can easily work at level 80, abuse bleed and poison with Bandit Knife, Rotten Ghru Dagger. You'll have a reasonable amount of ATT so quickstep spam is even easier for you. Flamberge is great, especially if you get a decent bit of INT since crystal flamberge gets very good scaling and, again, has bleed
>>
>>181637225
this image is from may
and also, most twinks at base SL10 +0 are hackers who are terrible so don't fret so hard
and/or get good
>>
>>181637043
>more endurance fights
No thanks, we already have DLC bosses for that.
>>
>>181637397
which ones? midir is the only one i can think of
>>
File: warrior.png (95KB, 326x555px) Image search: [Google]
warrior.png
95KB, 326x555px
>>181636647
>Its pretty obvious it uses the chain
Sorry, but no. When you post only the stats like that, you are implying those are the raw stats with no modifiers being applied to them. plus you are wasting stats in luck by going warrior instead of knight.

Here are your actual stats and those 6 points would be better spent elsewhere rather than lowering your absorption without needing to. Wasting an extra 6 levels, going to 125 instead of 120 because of it, taking a needless hit to absorption, and so on just for the sake of around 15 AR on only half of your moveset is definitely not worth it in my opinion.

Plus, if you started as Knight, you would have more points in Vit instead of wasted in Luck, among other things.
>>
>almost died to tutorial gundyr
>as warrior
Ive brought shame and dishonor to myself and my family
>>
File: latest[1].png (234KB, 488x430px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
234KB, 488x430px
>>181637329
>saw one Tank
>>
>>181637516
I died to tutorial Gundyr once when my pc crapped out mid-battle and began a slideshow.

Though his tar stuff can kick your shit in if you're passive.
>>
File: 1391896472793.jpg (53KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1391896472793.jpg
53KB, 515x515px
>>181618560
i love ruining fight clubs
>>
>>181637516
I died to him 3 times in a row as a pyro the other day. Things could be worse.
>>
I HATE DOGS
I HATE WOLVES
I HATE FUCKING EVERYTHING WITH MORE THAN 2 LEGS
IF YOU'RE A DOG FUCK YOU
>>
File: 20170705034223_1.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705034223_1.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
First time through this DLC, boys. I know nothing besides there's a dragon and some guy that everyone names their characters after.
>>
File: 1491959352189.jpg (43KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
1491959352189.jpg
43KB, 680x464px
>fighting midir with hyper mode miracle build with left handed morion blade
>got him staggered
>immediately ran up to him for riposte
>l1 l1 l1 l1
>it didn't work
>died to the homing humanity mass he fired before getting staggered
>>
>>181604313
Why do people watch obnoxious bullshit like Epic Miscarriage Bro, that dumb Spic Prod or Sunlight Blade
>>

>later parts of Dark Souls games
>enemies stay the same and more dangerous forms of them are introduced
>get into the latter half of Nioh
>basic bitch skeletons doing enough damage to 2-3 shot you
I'm enjoying myself but I can also acknowledge why people bitched about this when the game was new. Some things that were dangerous but alright before start doing straight up oneshot damage.

Spoilered so people don't think I'm trying to shitpost just by bringing the game up.
>>
Crits ignore defence right? So like, a Lightning Dagger on a FAI build would do high damage with a crit?
>>
File: Knight.png (94KB, 325x554px) Image search: [Google]
Knight.png
94KB, 325x554px
>>181637514
>>181636647
I would say you are better off running something like this. With this you can drop the last point to for hitting 120 into str if you like, leaving you with 61 str. Then if you feel like just two handing your weapon and feel like you need the extra boost, you can just equip the knight ring.

It stops you from wasting 6 whole levels, only takes up one ring slot, doesn't make your entire build reliant on it, and it doesn't hurt your absorption at all.

You're welcome.
>>
>>181637514
>Plus, if you started as Knight, you would have more points in Vit instead of wasted in Luck
That's great! Now I can offset that tiny decrease in absorption by wearing better armor.
Also maybe if you're so autistic you need to stay at exactly 120, perhaps you could drop those pointless stats in att or dex?

>15 AR on only half of your moveset
that on top of the already large increase in damage due to two-handing simply makes two-handing better. Since str weapons get a major boost in damage by two-handing, you should be two-handing str weapons most of the time anyway. Also the change in damage from 60 to 66 is roughly just as must as from 54 to 60, so why stop arbitrarily at 60? Why not 55 or 50 or just 40? It's still bonus damage, and any bonus damage is welcome when you have points to spare, which that builds does since you for no reason wanted more points in att and dex that aren't necessary at all except for certain weapons.
>>
I have over a thousand hours in 2 and 3 but I've never done the DLC of DaS 1.
>>
>mfw when you can get paid for /dsg/ shitposting

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/07/04/dark-souls-is-not-the-pinnacle-of-gaming-difficulty/#3b2d6d8d17b8
>>
>>181638308
I'm not clicking that, but do people really think dark souls is the hardest game out there?
>>
>>181638271
it's overrated and DS3's DLC is basically just the same but better.
>>
>>181638168
Because from 60 to 66 is 15 AR but ONLY when you are two handing, and I prefer getting the most from my entire moveset. Plus, like I said here:>>181638168, you can get to 66 Str just by ring swapping, and the ring swapping method doesn't have a downside like the hit to absorption.
>>
>Rapport a millwood knight
>can no longer lock onto him, and he clearly has the red effect from it
>he keeps running at me
>doesn't swing, just runs into me repeatedly
>eventually his pet wolf is on the otherside of me and he swings at it twice, killing me
Reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>181638134
I thought the same when I played it. imo it's down to the way that in DaS everything is just one big thing you can get to whenever you want, in Nioh missions have defined levels which means things can be rated objectively "harder" than other things.
>>
>>181635648
But you still have guys posting everyday on how to improve their shitty anri or man grub builds
>>
>tfw there are people that breathe the same air as us that actually died to the greatwood
>>
>>181637463
>Sister Friede
>Gael
>Demon Prince
>>
>>181638115
>epic miscarriage bro
Wut? Is there something I'm missing? I'm aware he's being JUST'd right now by the divorce but is there something else?
>>
>>181638537
>knights ring being worth a slot @120
lmao
>>
File: 1498593712135.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498593712135.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>181637903
>>
File: 1465720405929.png (403KB, 551x529px) Image search: [Google]
1465720405929.png
403KB, 551x529px
>Summoned as Blueberry
>The host is a disgusting dragonsis
>Just lead enemies to him every chance I get
Scaleys deserve to be electrocuted.
>>
>>181635759
I liked ds2 when the dlcs first came out but after ds3 I can not stand to play ds2
>>
>>181638413
You'd be surprised. I have a lot of normie friends and for them being "good at dark souls" is something they wave around as if it means anything. Several of them will plugpull or suicide if they get invaded.
It's pathetic.
>>
>>181638960
>scaleys deserve to be electrocuted
Overwatch babbies too
>>
>>181638890
>What is ring swapping?
>>
>>181638604
>not just killing the Millwood K***ht while he's Rapported
>>
Guys help, I can't find my 15th estus shard. I've been to all the locations you're meant to be able to pick that shit up in and there's fucking nothing, I've apparently picked up the bloody lot of them but I'm stuck at 14 estus

Also, Lightning Dagger, ignores defences on crit?
>>
>>181639085
You gonna ringswap in between swings big boy?
>>
>>181638889
Not that guy but: I only know as far as is memed here. His wife had a miscarriage or something and as a result he can't enjoy BB because some of the themes hit a little too close to home. or something like that
>>
>>181638960
Add Anime Overwatch babbies to that list
>>
>>181638537
55 to 60 str for one-handing is only like 5-7 AR, seems a lot more useless than 15 AR when two-handing

> ring swapping method doesn't have a downside like the hit to absorption.
except that it takes up a ring slot that could be used by something much more practical and widely useful like a cloranthy ring, which would be very important for ultra str weapons. How is that sacrifice any different than putting an extra 5 levels directly in str instead of in dex(lol) or att(lol)
You still haven't explained your worthless attachment to extra attunement, which hardly adds much unless it's WA focused weapon, in which case just use ashen estus. And there's no reason to have 18 dex except for Harald, which is just a worse version of exile.
>>
>>181638413
Oh yeah. Outside of souls fans, most people still look at dark souls as a game that is "hard due to bad design", and when you beat the game you talk up how hard it is because you want to feel rewarded for your effort.

I think one of the reasons why bloodborne sold so well is because it's main marketing gimmick wasn't the difficulty, it was the aesthetic and visual style. People didn't buy it because they wanted to prove they could beat it like people did with DS1/DS2.

The constant consensus of "Dark Souls is a clunky, bad game that people play because they want to experience an unnecessary challenge" is why you end up with players that only will play with 2 phantoms helping them out. DS3 is definitely the easiest and most approachable in the series in that regard.

The article is right though (even if he's being an obnoxious shithead about it) souls isn't even From's hardest game and the way souls handles difficulty is the least innovative and most boring part about the game.
>>
>>181639170
Have you made sure you don't have one allotted to Ashen?
>>
>>181639170
Make a checklist.
>FIrelink Shrine in the crows nest
>High Wall
>Undead Settlement
>etc
>>
>>181636792
The enemies in DaS3 were so fucking trash.

>high wall
Generic boring zombies and knights.
>undead settlement
More zombies but with peasant clothing.
>road of sacrifices
Shittier stupid callback enemies to crow demons from DaS1, more boring zombies but now with sticks, and uhh giant crabs lol.
>farron keep
Shitty crawling slugs, rehashed enemies from previous games, and boring cliche goatmen.
>cathedral of the Deep
More zombies, more knights, and some gimmicky maggot retards. Oh and don't forget the rehashed slimes from DaS1!
>catacombs
Generic skeletons.
>smoldering lake
Rehashed enemies from previous areas and some cliche goat demons.
>irithyll
More zombies and knights.
>irithyll dungeon
Shittier mindflayers and some crawling shit mobs.
>Profaned capital
MEMBER GARGOYLES!!!?!!
>anor londo
Rehashed enemy from DaS1.
>lothric castle
Not a single new enemy introduced. All enemies are from high wall even though this area is majorly important.
>consumed garden
Literal poop monsters that you can only with fire.
>untended graves
Rehashed enemies from previous areas.
>grand archives
Reskinned Deacons but with candles on their heads.
>archdragon peak
Annoying shittier snakemen from DaS1.
>painted world
More knights, more shitty corvians aka demon crow ripoffs and some reskinned dog wolves.
>dreg heap
Shitty DaS2 tier crawling zombies and more tedious fat knight enemies.
>ringed zombies
More zombies and knights and some dumb grasshoppers at the end.

People who defend DaS3 PVE need to get fucking lynched.
>>
>>181639170
you accidentally traded it
>>
>>181639452

I've alloted all of them to Ashen, I'm using my miracles and blessed infusions for healing as a challenge

>>181639476

Aye, that's what I did, still nothing
>>
does anyone else autistically never go over 10 estus and allocate the rest to ashen because they fell like >10 estus is cheating?
>>
>181639524
>having no life so you bait all the time
*C R I N G E*
>>
>>181639524
>categorizing millwood knights as just generic knights and ignoring corvian knights altogether
you're stretching a little bit too much there dude
>>
>SoC does the DWGR ninja flip
haha why is this a thing?
>>
>>181639758
Most bitches who went dex started with pyro, and thus only needed low weight. (On a serious note)Most of the fight goes with what class or weapon share as a theme, Haralds being pike users who miracles. Knights just being a straight sword user, Sorcerers relying on pew pew and soulmass, and dex being a mix of pyo, curved swords and all.
>>
File: IMG_1207.jpg (140KB, 702x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1207.jpg
140KB, 702x704px
anyone wanna do some TRC on PS4? SL87
>>
>>181639758

>When Soul of Cinder gets his curved sword moveset he gets the DWGR ninja rolls, and suddenly learns how to parry

Oroboro confirmed canon chosen undead
>>
>>181640193
>PS4
every time im up for something theyre on the other platform
>>
>someone casts iron flesh
>just use fire surge until he's dead
Has that spell ever helped anybody with anything?
>>
>>181639170
yes but I don't think it ignores defenses, just absorption.
Some anon tested the dmg of crit with different infusions some weeks ago
>>
>>181640193

Fuck it, sure, I'm 120 so if we PW I'll be getting my stats downgraded slightly I reckon, but I'll happily pocket heal for you. Just beating friede for someone so giz a few
>>
File: 1258437828944.png (712KB, 951x951px) Image search: [Google]
1258437828944.png
712KB, 951x951px
>>181639223
>>181639348
>he can't ring swap mid-match

>>181639348
>WA
Congrats, you can figure it out if you try. And having to Ashen Estus (AE) more often leaves you more vulnerable and means you need more of them and have less for actual healing. Even the base AE restores 80 FP, so having less than 8 ATT is a waste right from the start.

Ideally, you would want 12 ATT. Most of the weapon arts that I use use around 20 FP. 12 ATT gives you 103 FP, so that gives you 5 uses before needing to estus. At least 8 ATT is also acceptable because at least that gets you 4 uses.
>>
>>181640421

No worries, take your time. Just gimme a shout when you are ready.

pw is Baba
>>
>>181640193
Yes, can you wait 30 mins?
>>
>>181638960
>blueberry
>thinkink he has any right to judge
trapfags are hilariously unaware
>>
File: 1491870061766.gif (587KB, 187x294px) Image search: [Google]
1491870061766.gif
587KB, 187x294px
Anyone out there on PS4 willing to dedicate a small portion of their time to help me test a few weapons to see if they have a combo?
>>181639587
Do you have the Porcine Shield?
>>
File: enb family cut content.jpg (185KB, 934x538px) Image search: [Google]
enb family cut content.jpg
185KB, 934x538px
>>181639234
>>181638889
>>
File: Dark Spirit Turns Japanese.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Spirit Turns Japanese.webm
3MB, 720x540px
Can someone help with the first boss of ringed city?
PC
dsg
SL60

I'm at the bonfire
>>
File: this post is actually a joke.png (26KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
this post is actually a joke.png
26KB, 280x200px
>>181639758
Because SoC isn't actually the Chosen Undead or any other hairbrained bullshit like that. He's actually the Burnt Ivory King.
No doubt after getting his ass handed to him by some upstart shithead and one random knight from his own army, along with realizing that the Chaos wasn't neither safely contained under his kingdom nor given the merest of glances by the random shitter that just fucked him over, he would have reincarnated and spent the rest of his undeath training to be even more of a badass.
Clearly he learned as many techniques as he possibly could, doing everything in his power to wipe out the Chaos and its monsters, and get back at the guy that humiliated him. This is why every last Chaos demon is dead in 3, the Ivory King obviously went on a fucking rampage in his next life.
It also explains why he's the final boss, his hatred for Souls protagonists after such a humiliating defeat in 2 has convinced him to kill as many as he can, even if it's not specifically the one that murdered him.
>>
>>181640706
Do you mean Demon Prince or Halflight/Midir?
>>
>>181640571

That's boneshard
>>
>>181639170
Did you get the one in Anor Londo or the other on top of the Archives? Those are kind of easy to miss
>inb4 you are actually retarded and kept 1 ashen
>>
>>181640841
Thanks, mate. I should've checked before saying anything.
>>
>>181640790
Demon prince
>>
>>181640434
If you can't use an ashen estus midfight yet you're so insistent on ringswapping (and losing out on another ring's benefit for half your moveset) you are genuinely a retard. Chugging is so easy DaS3, and most people won't be as aggressive against an ashen like they would be if they see it's a normal estus.
Care to explain your need for 18 dex? Wasn't it for all those super fun str weapons? Why not name all of them if there are so many that you need 18 dex for every str build? Or was it possibly just a pointless requirement you made to move the goalposts?
>>
>>181640953
I'll come on my healslut.
>>
>>181641089
thanks slut
>>
>>181640864

All of them are ashen as I'm using miracles and blessed infusion for healing. And I checked both areas

>>181640505

Sorry about that pal, OMW, where are you summoning?
>>
>>181640953
>>181641089
Coming too.

>>181640990
18 Dex is unnecessary for pure STR and is only good to get the Harald Curved Greatsword, you can just use Exile at 16 instead.
>>
>>181641089
I'll come on your healslut too, if you catch my drift
>>
>>181641183

Ringing Inner Wall

pw is Tatsu btw, forgot that I changed it
>>
>>181640990
I didn't say I couldn't. I simply said you are exposing yourself to undue risk in the process.

I like variety. If you don't then feel free to lower your dex.
>>
>>181640434
Not that anon, but ringswapping to reach your softcaps is an extremely stupid idea. 5 levels makes almost no difference in pvp matchmaking but losing a ring slot makes a major difference in your strategy and options with most builds.

Some ring swaps make sense, like life/lloyd's rings for sun princess make sense since they won't break your strategy if you get them wrong. Giving up chloranthy ring for knight's ring is nonsensical.

The point of a ring swap is to swap ONCE to maximize the use of rings that can't be otherwise made up for with stats and stay in matchmaking range.
>>
File: Darkdrift.png (49KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Darkdrift.png
49KB, 512x512px
>>181641249
>>
>>181641425

No worries, nordic healgimp on the way
>>
>>181640706
protip:

2H greatswords can stagger and riposte both demons. Takes about 4-6 consecutive hits, gets rid of half their health each.
>>
I haven't been playing a caster for a while, did they change attunement? I seem to recall it gave you a slot every 6 levels, but now I got the second one at 14.
>>
>>181641635
https://unkindler.github.io/caps/
>>
>>181640706
You summoning still? Signs by the bonfire.
>>
>>181641486
the description for this thing was so cheesy

>nothing can stop the Darkdrift!
>>
Please keep your fags out of our thread, he's been off topic twice today.
Regards, /ss13g/
>>
File: gundyr.png (588KB, 639x552px) Image search: [Google]
gundyr.png
588KB, 639x552px
>guy tries the barker bomb bait
>roll to him
>he parries and i walk around him then backstab
>black crystals out
who falls for this
>>
>>181641470
You can do shit like start with the life ring, once your life drops past a certain point swap to the leo ring and fish for Claymore R2s one handed while turtling, get a life lead, then swap to the knight ring, two hand your weapon and go into for the kill.
>>
File: muh66.png (271KB, 985x562px) Image search: [Google]
muh66.png
271KB, 985x562px
>>181641441
Your "variety" amounts to one actual str weapon, harald legion curved sword, which is just a shittier version of exile. Do you really need to spend two points just for one shitty weapon? After all you're not willing to expend six levels for 15-20 extra AR. Also builds should be optimized for a specific set of weapons, there is no reason to go higher in stats unless you plan to consistently use a weapon that requires it.

Here's an optimized build for great club at level 66. Tell me why I should drop to 60 str please.
>>
finna, try summoning Lapp instead. Gael isn't that useful for this fight, Lapp is a fucking tank who will last well into the second phase.
>>
>>181641975
Still wanna help? I can join in.
>>
>>181641864
>Acting like your are a thread
*Cringe*
>>
>>181642074
>*Cringe*
Kill yourself autist
>>
>>181641725
>Vigor: Frost Resistance
what the fuck is this wonky per point progression about?
>>
File: 1493903016731.png (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493903016731.png
100KB, 400x400px
>>181642074
>your are a thread
what did he mean by this?
>>
>181639524
good b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8
>>
>>181641923
I would have agreed with you when DaS1 released, but with all the nerfs that got and the general casualization of the games that came after it, I think variety trumps laser focused builds.
>>
What's with all the shitposting?
>>
>>181642637
Just ignore the tripfag and the thread is decent.
>>
>>181642561
that has nothing to do with why you would pick harald curved sword over exile
>>
>>181641864
luci isn't our fag

please take him away from us
>>
You know, i swear before I made this a faith build I was actually somewhat useful. Sorry about that Tatsu bloke
>>
I beat Fume Knight, I beat Blue Smelter Demon, I beat Sir Alone, I wedged the last bride... Is that it? Do I need to do something with these souls or the crown or something now or is it over?
>>
>>181642683
>he doesn't prioritise fashion over like 30 ar
>>
>>181643087

Its ok m8, its my first time in the swamp area, so ill follow wherever you go
>>
>>181642683
It has everything to do with it. DaS3 may be better than DaS2, but it is still infinitely more casual than DaS1 so I feel no need to min-max every single point towards a single weapon, especially considering respecs are thing now.

>>181642775
Wasn't me this time.
>>
>>181643153
Did you check the chair at the back of Alonne's room? You shouldn't have any of Nadalia's soul fragments left over if you did it right.
>>
>>181643154
>harald
>fashion
it looks like it's slathered in their own shit
>>
>>181643208

I'm gonna have to call it quits there mate, more or less just got out from a hospital trip so I'm just not playing at full speed. Best of luck there man
>>
>>181643215
but harald is still the only str weapon with a 18 dex requirement you could be talking about, there no reason to go that high
also respecs make it much more reasonable to finetune a build to specific weapons
>>
>>181640571
So I did some testing in the arena, and here's what I gathered. These are all unupgraded and I've somehow managed a win.
Storm Curved Sword no longer combo 1HR1WAR2.
Old Wolf Curved Sword can combo 2HR1WAR2.
Carthus Curved Greatsword seems to be able to combo 2HR1WAR2 at point blank, but I can't get a good read on it.

Does the Black Knight Greataxe or Harald Curved Greatsword have any combos?
>>
>>181643402

its all good, get well soon
>>
>>181643339
Hardly, but that's not even the point.
Fun > minmaxing
>>
>>181643497
I think Harald has R1L2R1 combo
BKGA has maybe R1 into warcry R2
>>
>>181640521

sure mate, you still wanna come to TRC? pw is Tatsu, SL87
>>
>>181643252
Yup, made the true soul 12/12
>>
>>181643465
If it bothers you that much, there are other weapons that work well enough on a Str build, even if they would be better on other build types.
>>
>>181643597
It feels more fun to me to use a better weapon, but I get what you mean. Cosplaying as havel despite slow-rolling is very fun.
>>
What's the earliest greatbow in DaS3?
>>
>>181643824
Millwood, which is also the best
>>
>>181642637
We are being raided by the discord shitposters
>>
>>181643153
get all 12 brides so that you can get the full soul, make sure you grabbed the crown from Sir Alonne, then move on to the next area. Nadalia's soul can be turned into a boss weapon once you combine them all.

Go talk to vendrick in the memory of the king after each crown for new dialogue. After you get all 3 crowns, he gives them a special effect.
>>
File: Sad Mundi.jpg (135KB, 960x904px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Mundi.jpg
135KB, 960x904px
>>181643980
Don't pin Lucifer on us jackass.
>>
>>181643735
If you're referring to black knight weapons with their 18 dex requirements, they lose over 50 AR on a 66 str build coming from just 40/40. Thats too much of a detriment to be considered a viable option, and they don't fill any niche that another str weapon could fill. Why not admit you're wrong about 18 dex? 16 dex isn't that far off and is generally considered a good amount for str builds, so why do you keep clinging to your vapid argument?
>>
>>181644050
Memory of the King is from the armor in his chamber? I only just got the ashen mist heart
>>
>>181643215
quit dodging the question

why would you waste stats to use harald curved sword over exile GS?

If you really believed what you were saying you would be suggesting a 40/40 build instead of 60/18.
>>
>>181624045

One more try.
>>
>>181644150
Yeah, the firefly covered stuff denotes you can use the mist heart on it.
>>
>>181644150
> I only just got the ashen mist heart
stop playing the DLC and finish the main game first. DLC is meant for post-game only.
>>
Fucking canadian internet. Can't join single session. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>181644108
It's true, you hide behind your circlejerk to coordinate shitposting
>>
>>181641593
Thanks for the tip

>>181641747
Not anymore. Thanks for the help guys
>>
Drakeblood is the best looking armor set in the game.
>>
>>181640369
Hard counter to straightsword spammers
>>
>>181644131
I just got done telling you that they are better on different build types, kiddo. Try paying attention next time.

>>181644196
Variety is the spice of life. I already told you that. 18 is needed to use all the fun Str weapons. Sure most of them may only need 16, but getting 18 also means you have more than 16, yes?
>>
File: IF Morning Star I'm Sorry.webm (3MB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
IF Morning Star I'm Sorry.webm
3MB, 711x400px
>>181640369
Yes
I wish instead of nerfing it by making it shorter, they would nerf it by making it last longer
>>
>>181644623
>18 is needed to use all the fun Str weapons
but they're not even str weapons, you admitted in that same post
>they are better on different build types
they aren't str weapons, they're quality.
Also you said they work "well enough" on a str build. In what dimension is over 50 less AR working "well enough"? You also didn't pay attention to what I said, that other weapons, as in str weapons, easily do what those weapons can do while being better and viable.

>but getting 18 also means you have more than 16, yes?
You are a retard. Your argument for 60 str began as an argument for optimization, yet now you're throwing optimization out the window.
>>
Anyone got a spare Lothric War Banner? I really hate that all the cool stuff is in the DLC or lategame and I just want to give it a try.
>>
What are some good Pyro PvP spells in the 40-50 SL area? Currently SL 42, 15 int/14 fth.
>>
>>181644430
Are you the autistic person who keeps bring up discord at every random occasion? You're very obsessed it seems.
>>
>>181645172
BLACK FLAME BLACK FLAME
>>
>>181645092
Plugging in my Super NES, meet me at High Wall.
>>
>>181645172
There's more than one vestige-mancy?
>>
>>181645087
How is the harald curved sword not a str weapon?

>Your argument for 60 str began as an argument for optimization, yet now you're throwing optimization out the window.

Optimized for Str Weapons, plural.
>>
>>181645368
Does that mean new game plus, bitches?

Also I meant DSIII sorry
>>
>>181645368
What did he mean by this?
>>
Is this the blood...?
>>
>>181645447
I meant it for DS3, Black Flame is one of the best pyros at any level. Fire Surge is also a good idea for finishers and chip damage.
>>
>>181645480
it's chocolate syrup

*licks u*
;9
>>
>>181645396
Ops, sorry I should have mentioned I'm a pc shitter. Also password is 'cleric'
>>
>>181645092
Let me fire up the Commodore 64, I'll be right there.
>>
File: NO.webm (3MB, 910x622px) Image search: [Google]
NO.webm
3MB, 910x622px
>>181644707
The low quality makes it hard to appreciate just how fucking resistant the combination is so here's a close up
>>
>>181644334
I'm only really coming back with a fresh save to play the DLC. What does not having finished the game affect? Stuff's harder for sure but I like it
>>
>>181645172
>SL 42, 15 int 14 faith
Anon, you're supposed to reach 30/30 THEN put points in other shit.
>>
File: IMG_1227.jpg (270KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1227.jpg
270KB, 900x948px
anyone wanna help a guy through the Inner Ring swamp in the TRC?

PS4

SL87

pw is Tatsu
>>
>>181645598
>takes chip-damage tier hits from a fucking GH
SPICY
I wanna try this now
>>
>>181645446
Harald curved sword is one weapon that is just shitty exile, basically spending two points to deal 30 less AR, going against your claim to be optimizing for str weapons.

You're throwing optimization out the window by spending two points for one str weapon because you refuse to admit that 18 str is a stupid requirement for a str build, not even going to change your claim down to a reasonable 16 dex that I could even agree with. Basically, you're just arguing for argument's sake at this point because you still refuse to admit that you're wrong.
>>
>>181645713
I started going strength and then decided I'd do something different.

This is my first DSIII run.
>>
>>181645758
perseverance is probably one of the best WAs in the game, though smart people know to hit and roll when someone activates it.
>>
poise
>>
While on the topic of Pyros, how's Carthus Beacon + Pontiff's Right Eye for R1-spamming bastard sword in pvp?
>>
>>181646085
see >>181645598
BOISE
>>
>>181646102
Should be pretty deadly. Add some curved wolf greatsword and caestus and you should be golden.
>>
>>181645207
>>181645656
They are all invading a reddit server now and decide what can and can't go in /dsg/. Just look: https://discordapp.com/invite/C3AX2Hk
>>
>>181646102
>R1 spamming with a greatsword
That's literally not a thing. Nobody's going to be stupid enough to let you hit them more than twice in a row with that combo, and you only get the second hit for free because of hitstun from the first.
>>
>>181646102

Bastard sword ain't gonna be fast enough

You either need a very fast weapon or a multi-hit weapon

Remember, greatswords are countered just by running away
>>
>>181645480
It's black face.

>>181645818
HCS is a str weapon. Optimizing for Str weapons includes it. It's only 2 additional points, and you said you were willing to waste 6 points for 15 AR on half your moveset.
>>
>>181646434
the 3rd swing of an R1 with the greatsword can phantom range them if you delay it a bit for the roll catch, it's great.
>>
>spamming floating chaos in pontiffs until they get frustrated enough to just try to run me down and hit them in the face with a CBV
Feels so good, especially since them assuming it;s just going to be another orb is the only way to hit someone not retarded with it in a duel.
>>
>>181646569
It is a strength weapon but there is no reason to use it since it's absolute garbage. You're spending two extra points to lose 30 AR when you could be using exile's which only requires 16 dex instead. What you're doing is not optimizing for str weapons, it's just being stupid.
>>
>>181646935
me too anon, sometimes i wonder why im even in this general
>>
File: Mr R.jpg (232KB, 736x697px) Image search: [Google]
Mr R.jpg
232KB, 736x697px
>>181646873
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is okay.
>>
>>181646873
You know, you could've dismissed Lucy's whole retardation the first post he said >less than 18 dex, but as dumb as he is you're not much smarter.
>>
File: 1497878370472.jpg (46KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
1497878370472.jpg
46KB, 200x279px
>>181647106
Wow, what a productive argument. You showed me mate.
>>
File: Confused and frightened.jpg (119KB, 767x563px) Image search: [Google]
Confused and frightened.jpg
119KB, 767x563px
>>181646427
>>
File: anger.jpg (18KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
18KB, 240x200px
>>181647128
>>
>>181647196
>Wow, what a productive argument.
Thanks.

>You showed me mate.
It was inevitable when you chose me as an opponent. Don't beat yourself up too much.
>>
File: Reginald.png (1MB, 1280x1351px) Image search: [Google]
Reginald.png
1MB, 1280x1351px
>>181645974
Can confirm, but those people can be outplayed with regular, patient play and feeling them out.
>>181645758
Here's what he looks like. I'm not sure if these are the stats I had at the time of that fight club but nothing looks out of place. I knew I was at 95% or so encumbrance and I didn't know how from what I saw, but then I realized I had my signature weapons as a backup to use with my typical fighting strategy of iron flesh sick spins if perserverence didn't work too good.
>>
>>181645724
>>181645724

anyone??

;-;
>>
>>181647919
This thread belongs to PC
>>
PLEASE WAIT UNTIL ALL COMBATANTS HAVE JOINED.
TOTAL PLAYERS: 6
REMAINING: 5
>>
>>181647678
Isn't steel port basically useless against players? You might be able to slap Havels+3 on there for even more BEEF.
>>
File: 1489391551866.jpg (53KB, 350x470px) Image search: [Google]
1489391551866.jpg
53KB, 350x470px
>>181648042
>even trying anything other than duels in the hopes that they're active
I wish I could still be so naive
>>
>>181647627
>Ironically acting like a 12 year old edgelord for attention
*C R I N G E*
Sad life you got there lmao
>>
>>181643685
The Harald doesn't combo R1L2R1, sadly.
The BKGA combos 1HR1 into warcry R2. 2H does not, nor does it combo into the normal R2 like the BKGS does.
I also tested the Follower Sabre, as its WA looks cool, but it doesn't combo into WA.
>>
>>181647627
I thought you'd at least play through to the end with your stupid act, but I was surprised you just pulled the rug out from under me at the end there. At least you cut short that waste of time, so thanks for that.
>>
>>181648214
He's been doing this for literal years. We're obviously the only source of attention or exciting events he has in his life. It's honestly sort of sad.
>>
>>181648214
Don't you like the wacky tripfag personalities? It probably started out as a joke too.
>>
File: IMG_1404.png (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.png
2MB, 1280x1280px
I have one last respec left

should I respec from DEX/INT to pure INT/FAI Pyro, like I was originally going to do?
>>
>>181648579
you use unlimited respec glitch and try both
>>
>>181648579

Respec, then reset your console/shut the game down without exiting the menu

Changes your stats without using up a respec
>>
>>181648114
What else, at this point, do I need? I've got everything I'd want. I've a Perserverence hammer, a great chasing weapon as a backup, a shield that brings increased stamina regeneration, the perfect armor combination between high defense and aesthetics; what else is there to want in a build that revolves around being ignoring damage?
Havel's Ring? It's redundant. I've already pumped Vitality for the extra absorption it provides and have enough for my choice set of armor and weapons without it. Even with full Havel's armor, giving up form for full function, I'm left with a lot of excess weight capacity, and I'm still not fast rolling, so it's not useful enough to warrant a ring slot. Hunter's Ring for extra AR on the FGS? I'm not sure if 25 AR for a backup weapon that comes out when the core idea of the fighting style fails is worth the ring slot. Attunement slot rings? I don't use spells and doing so would likely get me killed since I'm not focusing on what the build is meant to do. Even if it's nerfed to a paltry 5% damage resistance, I can't imagine using anything else because anything else does not work with the build. xcept Wolf Ring. I'm not too confident in poise as a stat to trust it though. I'm too comfortable with my current "stop giving a fuck" switch setup.
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (184KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
184KB, 750x1334px
>>181648820
>>181648841

Couple more questions:

-should I be doing 40-40 INT/FAI then?
-can I use the Demon Scar effectively at 18 DEX?
-what are the best tools for using FAI spells?

thanks for any help
>>
>>181648352
Nah, DaS3 PvP is too easy to sweat the small stuff. Build for fun or just build for a one shot/combo build. Anything in between is pretty much pointless.
>>
>>181649869
Yes, yes, if you're going 40/40 use Crystal Chime, at 60 Faith Yorshka's and the Talisman.
>>
wow i am having so much fun chasing this autistic lizard
>>
>>181612551
>>181610205
If the Nameless King inherited Gwyn's means of harnessing Sunlight (basically his "technique"), it's not a stretch to assume that Rosaria could have inherited an inclination towards her mother's method of using it.

She might be Gwynevere, but it's not ridiculous to assume that she's not.

>>181613630
>>181614117
This conversation is vile.
>>
I love it when laggy pieces of shit roll out of my Champion's charge or even manage to parry it after taking a full damage hit. Ebin, simply ebin Miyazaki senpai.
>>
>>181650328
nice thighs spergeater midir
>>
>>181616193
rollin'
>>
>Buy DS3 on steam sale for 60 FPS and all DLC
>Havent played in forever, pretty much since the first 6 months of release on console.
>Business as usual start, free the thief merchant, the miracle vendor, the pyromancer, grab all the shards and useful items in the first few areas ect
>Comes time to go get the red eye orb
>May as well use these 5 cracked red eyes for fun at around SL20 in the Undead Settlement, see if i can get a pale tongue for the key that way before guaranteed on at the fire demon.
>Invade some guy, aint really got shit other than a +1 fire longsword and some pyromancy spells, hes just got starting knight gear aswell. Pretty standard low level invasion
>Untill his phantom called xXScytheLordXx comes flying out of nowhere with that DLC Frieds Scythe weapon arting all over my shit.

How is that even possible at SL20 invasions? Can you get boss souls dropped over too you for a twink setup? PC bullshit? Was this guy just gud and ran the whole first DLC at real low level and got the weapon or summoned for help at the boss (If you can even find help to summon that level range for her)
Seems suspect to me.
>>
>>181650328
Wow, you summoned an NPC phantom to a fight that is harder even if that phantom was an actual thinking human being and you're surprised you have to chase after the cunt?
>>
>>181650614
Password?
>>
>>181650614
You can mule items and you can also beat the game at SL1 as well, really not that complicated.
>>
I hate dark souls and I hate skeletons. Fuck you fuck you fuck you
>>
>>181650614
This >>181650829
He may well have went through and got it himself but it's far more likely he just grabbed a friend to drop it to, then had them drop it back to him.
>>
My god the enemy variety in DaS3 is so fucking garbage compared to BB.
>>
>>181650650
game is fugged and won't let me summon people (but it will let me be summoned) so I thought why not
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (179KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
179KB, 1080x1080px
which has better enemy variety-- Dark Souls 2 or Demon Souls?
>>
>>181646427
t.claire
>>
>>181649807
Going through the list again, there were too other ring candidates:
>Farron Ring
>Blue Tearstone
Farron Ring for more Perserverence casts, and BTSR to just not die at the end. After some testing, BTSR really has its effectiveness reduced on high defense builds, only increasing normal absorption (34%) by only about 15% to 47%, with Iron Flesh being increased from 60% to 68%, and the IF/Perserverence perfect defense turning from 78% to 82%.

So yeah, even when BTSR is in the best condition, 5% damage reduction from Steel Protection all around is better than 4% reduction while only at high health at ideal conditions. Having both Steel Protection AND BTSR brings it to 85% though, and taking not even a fifth of the damage I should have taken AFTER the big 159 damage reduction does sound sexy.
>>
>>181604313
Rate my Afro American Meme
>>
>>181651156
DeS enemies are more distinct from each other, but there are fewer varieties and each encounter is similar/the same.

DS2 enemies are more similar to each other, but there's a wider variety of them and they are put in more varied situations / groups.

Most DeS levels are just 1 or 2 enemy types spaced out across the whole level, encountered one at a time. DS2 tends to vary the enemy placement up a lot in regards to how many you fight at once and when /where they aggro, but the range of possible enemy types is narrower, with most of them just still being basic hollows.
>>
>>181651275
lloy'd shield ring is superior to blue tearstone ring in literally every way.

It would also be better to use havel's ring and full havel's armor than blue tearstone or ring of steel protection.

Best combo for max absorption is full havel's, FAP, Life, Lloyd's Shield, havel's ring. Swap Lloyd's shield ring for ring of steel protection or sun princess ring.
>>
File: 20170704132325_1.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170704132325_1.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
r8 fashion
>>
File: NYPE6.png (106KB, 435x332px) Image search: [Google]
NYPE6.png
106KB, 435x332px
/tekgen/ here, could you guys take back Lucifer?

He's really annoying but I can't filter him because he keeps making the OP's
>>
>>181652174
Fuck off you keep him.
>>
>>181651843
Iron Flesh, Perserverence, Lloyd's, Full Havels as well as Steel Protection are only better than the picture you replied to by .263%. I believe I have hit a very hard soft cap for defense.
>>
>>181652174
No, I'm so sorry but we have as little control of him as you do. I recommend becoming butt friends with a mod and getting him banned if possible.
>>
>>181652004
Absolute trash
>>
>>181652174
Filter me with 4chanX or the default filter. Both will ignore the OP, meaning you can see the thread in the Catalog, but won't have to see any of my posts in the thread.

Now, go back your discord.
>>
>>181652471
Hey Lucy, what are your thoughts on Bloodborne's enemy variety?
>>
>>181652457
t-thanks
>>
>>181652471
>default filter ignores the OP
Thank fuck for that. Although I'm sure everyone would rather you stay right here and hang out with your old buddies for a while. You contribute absolutely nothing to /tekgen/

kys
>>
>>181652174
Lucifer ruins everything he touches. I remember years ago before /vg/ when there were weekly HaloCE threads and he started taking over those and adding in shitty maps until everyone lost interest and abandoned the game. He just keeps getting away with it.
>>
How risky is level editing with cheat engine? I wanna fight dudes but don't wanna spend 10 years grinding winged knights to get to sll140.
>>
>>181652819
>I'm sure everyone would rather you stay right here and hang out with your old buddies for a while.
You sure as shit don't speak for me or the rest of /dsg/. I think Lucy should spend more time on /tekgen/ or /bbg/.
>>
File: 4242423.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4242423.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>181652809
You're welcome
>>
>>181652174
>/tekgen/
>Hello I am a General XXXDDD
>Playing Tekken
*BRUTALITY C R I N G E* you Giantbaby
>>
How come I'm not getting summoned as blades of dorkmoon in SL35 +3 weapons?
>>
File: Feast Pepe2.png (35KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
Feast Pepe2.png
35KB, 235x236px
>>181652471
>Now, go back your discord.

>Lucifer is the anti-discord poster
>>
>>181652710
The emissaries felt out of place, but I generally enjoyed the overall design and aesthetic of the enemies and how they feel very Lovecraftian. The crow/dog amalgamations, which I like to call crogs, stand out as particularly memorable to me. I think there was enough variation among the enemies that you never really felt like you were fighting too many of the same enemy.

The enemies generally seemed to fit their locale as well, which helped the feeling of variety as well.
>>
>>181653429
>>Hello I am a General XXXDDD
You're literally the only person so autistic about people saying /general/ here. No one cares. It's a reasonable mannerism.
>>
>>181609249
It's implied that Elfriede is an imposter, and both are ex-Londor with Londor being the home of deception and manipulation. Reasonable to believe that he's also an imposter and whoever he's impersonating was thrown to the flies.
>>
>>181653643
It's cringey tribalism on 4chan because you have no social life
>>
File: Christopher Lee eyes your taste.png (481KB, 553x827px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher Lee eyes your taste.png
481KB, 553x827px
>>181653120
Just spawn in as many Souls of a Great Champion as you want.

>SL140
>>
>>181653784
fuck off normie
>>
>>181653429
I don't know how you can criticize all those things and then write out "*BRUTALITY C R I N G E*"
>>
>>181653429
>*BRUTALITY C R I N G E*
cringe
>>
>>181653784
Everyone has a main general you fucking mong. Quit getting autistic over semantics. You have no right to accuse anyone else have "not having a social life." Good god you must have been shut in for years by now.
>>
I started a new character. It's a Knight but I want to transition into a Frost Mage. What's the fastest and most efficient way of doing so.

Without remaking.
>>
>>181653784
You say cringe way too god damn much
>>
>>181609249
Friede killed him for failing in stopping you from freeing the Painter and dumped his body in the fly pit.
>>
>>181653624
Alright, one more question.

Do you think DaS3 has better enemy variety?

I really loved the corvians and ghrus. They're just really cool enemies.
>>
PC FC WHERE
>>
>>181652710
>>181654223
I honestly think these questions that ask Lucy for advice or his opinions about anything are samefagged.
>>
>>181654294
Would you mind <SL50 edition FC?
>>
>>181654069
>Play as a knight
>reach seigward
>acquire pale tongue after defeating demon
>reach woods
>acquire catalyst
>acquire mage teacher
>reach church
>reach rosaria
>reBIRTH into mage
>be a mage
It's simple.
>>
>>181654383
no, downscaling is gay
>>
>>181654069
Getting 18 Int, 20 Str and 18 Dex. That's literally all that's required to wield every single Frostbite-capable implement in the game outside of Pontiff Scythe and Friede's (which would require 19 Dex and 12 Faith).
>>
>>181654438
>not having dedicated low SL invasion character

No wonder /dsg/ sucks at invading
>>
>>181654567
>getting better at invading by invading unskilled people and twinking
>>
>>181654223
>I really liked the corvians and ghrus

Are you fucking serious? The corvians are shitty crow demon ripoffs and ghrus are boring as fuck.
>>
>>181654223
Better is subjective and many people will have different opinions on the matter since the criteria they are judging on and the importance they place on each subcategory of said criteria will be similarly varied.

Personally, I enjoy both for different reasons.

>>181654374
They aren't. I am just an easy source of >(you)s.
>>
>>181653837
>>181653849
>>181653902
>>181654019
>>181654080
>Getting this triggered when somebody questions your autistic 4chan board culture
*________*
>>
>>181654664
>Low SL players are actual newcomers

Stop being delusional. If you don't keep your build optimized at almost every stage of the game, may as well play offline whole fucking time.
>>
I want to make a dex/int character what is the;?
>best starting class
>best fashion
>best name
>>
File: v42v5412f524.jpg (193KB, 1913x684px) Image search: [Google]
v42v5412f524.jpg
193KB, 1913x684px
>>
>>181654780
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>181654780
>question how someone expresses themselves while also expressing yourself like a retard
>other people make fun of you for being so retarded
>"lol triggered!"
>>
>>181654780
dont like it? Why not head on back to ledddit?
>>
File: 1338649255680.jpg (19KB, 412x360px) Image search: [Google]
1338649255680.jpg
19KB, 412x360px
>>181654963
Crash Bandicoot one had me creased. 10/10
>>
>>181654963
>Dark Souls 3
>is streaming DS2
>>
>>181654961
What do you want to use on it? If you want to use Friede's Scythe pyromancer, mercenary and knight are all ideal starts depending on how Vitality and Attunement you want.

Best fashion is whatever works fro you since you only have to worry about poise with Friede's, names I'm bad at so I'll leave that to you.
>>
>>181652174
I've dealt with Lucifer since 2013 and he's not that bad. More than 80% of the discruption he causes in the thread is due to people throwing fits over him existing or random "do not reply" posts.

If he posts stuff that's not dumb then treat him like any other poster. When he posts dumb shit, ignore him.

I think he says dumb shit a lot of the time but sometimes he posts stuff that's on point but people still throw cheap shots at him just to feel superior.
>>
File: IMG_4295.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4295.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>181635289

Bump
>>
someone host a dogdamn PCFC
>>
>>181655745
.t lucifer
>>
>>181655745
It's really annoying seeing someone be so wrong about everything, what makes people respond though is that he is trying to spread his stupidity.
There is just something about listening to someone spout complete nonsense about a subject to someone who doesn't know better that triggers people.
>>
>>181656129
what
>>
>>181656129
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dark+souls+3+poise+damage
>>
>>181654780
BRUTALLY CUH-RIIIIIINGE
>>
>>181656315
If I was Lucifer I wouldn't admit that I say dumb shit occasionally.
>>
Is that anon who wanted Shiva's set on PS4 on tonight?
>>
>>181656315
This. There's been times when he's been pretty blatantly shitposting without his trip to stir up trouble that he can respond to with it on.
>>
>>181656570
I don't believe you, everytime he makes a new thread he makes sure to trick people into posting there by removing his trip when he makes the redirect post
>>
Softcap and hardcap for LUCK? I'm doing a hollow/luck run and I've been using AnSS with 11 STR (for Kirk's sword), 19 DEX (twinblades and curved swords) and 50 LUCK. Should I level it further? Also, does my hollow level carry on in NG+ or do I need to meet Yoel again and start his quest?
>>
>>181656947
>>181656953

Ffs, I'm not him. I hated his console wars shitstirring but lately he's been not that bad.
>>
>>181657240
>>
>>181657240
Carey's over, built you'll need the dark sigils again if you reverse your hollowing.
>>
>>181657240
Softcap is 40. Keep it at 30 or 35 and equip a Hollow-infused weapon in one or both hands to hit the softcap.

Hollowing level carries over between NG cycles, Dark Sigils don't. So before you start a new NG cycle, get Hollowing up to 15 or higher, and don't ever use a Purging Stone again.
>>
>>181657418
I don't care about PVP. I'm having great fun with this build, more than I ever had with my DEX build and my PYRO build.
>>
>>181657587
If you don't care about PvP then why do you care about softcaps? You only stop at those if you want to minmax your limited SL PvP build.
>>
>>181658138
To play devil's advocate maybe he wants to still help with bosses and PvE?
>>
>>181658138
Because, even if you don't care about PVP, it's a stupid idea leveling a stat pass its cap, wasting points you could invest in any other stat.
>>181658370
You're right, I care only about coop.
>>
>Fighting someone
>Get them to their magic pixel of health
>They drop a "HELP ME" carving mid-fight
Why do you still play this game, /dsg/? This is why I play.
>>
>>181658573
Those are not hardcaps, buddy.
>>
>>181658573
>Because, even if you don't care about PVP, it's a stupid idea leveling a stat pass its cap, wasting points you could invest in any other stat.
By the same logic leveling Luck past base is fucking stupid, you gain very little out of it even if you are doing a bleed build.
https://youtu.be/ngkkysqwm9Y

Also this is running under the assumption that the people you are cooping with are also minmaxing, which they might not be.
I seriously don't get the mentality, if you want to do a coop build then just level fucking whatever, you can beat the entire game at SL1 without rolling or healing, so minmaxing to make your phantom ass 5% less effective in DPS just seems like autism for the sake of autism.
>>
>>181658893
>>181658742
Is it so hard to understand that I just wanna have fun with a peculiar build almost no one uses and I wanna know when to stop levelling my main stat? Seriously, that's it. Then, after I've completed my build and killed every boss, I'll coop with random people. Nothing more.
>>
>>181604313
Is there any benefit AR wise of going to 60/60 as PYRO?
>>
>>181658893
>you can beat the entire game at SL1 without rolling or healing
>somehow this equates to all caps being meaningless if you're not doing PvP
It's not every day that you read something this retarded.
>>
Str or Dex with Faith for DS2 build

Any actual viable early game Faith weapons?
>>
>>181659189
>Is it so hard to understand that I just wanna have fun with a peculiar build almost no one uses and I wanna know when to stop levelling my main stat?
That's the hard cap, if you just wanna have fun stop trying to optimize, again bleed is shit, anything past base on it is dumb because THATS the softcap, softcap being the point where you get less out of it than other stats.
>>
>>181659283
Thought 45/45 was enough?
>>
>>181659505
Okay, thanks. That's what I wanted to know.
>>
>>181659484
STR, you get more out of infusions if you infuse a weapon with high base damage, most of those are STR weapons.
Dex isn't bad though, fast weapons benefit more from sacred oath
>>
New
>>181659851
>>181659851
>>181659851
>>
>>181659870
>making it early
fuck off
>>
>>181659930
We had this argument already yesterday. You lost. Deal with it.
>>
>>181660470
The argument yesterday was about making it as soon as we hit bump limit. Making it before the bump limit is a completely different thing.
I'm nto him by the way, since you seem to autistically think everyone here is the same person.
>>
>>181656738
You lied. You said 12 hours.
Thread posts: 749
Thread images: 121

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.