[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #172

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 785
Thread images: 136

File: 1489697305112.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489697305112.webm
3MB, 710x400px
Still Waiting edition

>ED info:
https://pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI [Embed] [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8 [Embed] [Embed]
>Frontier Official YT
https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
https://pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf
>Star Citizen Official YT
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
http://pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

last thread >>180142120
>>
also nox
>>
File: t3_6inr4p.png (85KB, 790x447px) Image search: [Google]
t3_6inr4p.png
85KB, 790x447px
>>180426908
and no evocati :^)
>>
File: untitled-1-1310523091.jpg (48KB, 576x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-1-1310523091.jpg
48KB, 576x400px
>>180426908
I am not going to be tempted to give up my dragonfly for this right?
>>
File: 1497063708912.jpg (142KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497063708912.jpg
142KB, 450x450px
>warp into system on delivery run
>destination hub is a gorillion light seconds away
>40 minutes travel in real time
>mission expires before I can get there
>>
>>180429460
i think it's race bike vs. cruiser, 1 seater "look at how fast i am" vs saddlebags and a friend (implying)
>>
>>180432140
Yeah that's not a thing anymore.
Did you buy a mug while you were there?
>>
Frontier, why did you delete my engineered shit?
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 256x192px
>>180427049
yep, and the fact they didn't just say "next week" again or actually update the schedule with a new date makes me think this will be the big "Oops, we've been lying this whole time and we're actually months behind where we need to be to even start testing 3.0" announcement soon
>>
>>180426908
no patch this week, ,but the ship.jpg sale will be right on fucking time as always.

Also I wonder if they'll be nice enough to actually tell us if this thing uses the same amount of space as a dragonfly, if it needs it's own unique docking mount etc before the sale starts
>>
>frontier removes all exploit rolls
>half of the GCI pissed off as fuck and swearing to move onto SC/EVE/Dual Universe
>carebear explorers who used it for best drives also pissed
Exodus when?
>>
>>180442186
>A better developer would take this as a sign that players fucking hate rng mods and that should instead they should change the system so you can chose the exact mods you want but with higher mat costs
>>
>>180442186
Does Dual even have sort of playable content, even by Star Citizen standards yet?
>>
>>180442454
Not yet, but hopefully it will. And there are games like it already out (Starmade, which is DU that looks like minecraft and has servers), so it should work.
>>
>>180442340
FDev are fucking stupid though, and their stupidity is the reason a lot of the PVP community, including me, switched to EVE Online.
>>
>>180426908
Seems pretty fat. The Dragonfly main body is quite small, but this thing looks like a brick.
>>
>>180448507
I'd assume they need it have roughly the same footprint as the dragonfly for rigging and placement purposes so it needs to be close to the DF's full size including it's hover pads
>>
>>180442186
They did? Hilarious. Maybe I'll start playing again.
>>
>>180426908
What is that!?
>>
>>180451840
New spacebike. Going on concept sale tomorrow, but apparently it's still going to be in 3.0?
>>
>>180449223
Remember that the Dragonfly folds up for transport. The Nox is going to be a good deal smaller than th Dragonfly.
>>
When is CIG gonna make it so ships don't maneuver like they're made of cardboard?
>>
File: 1476052280400.jpg (32KB, 603x550px) Image search: [Google]
1476052280400.jpg
32KB, 603x550px
>NPCs always shoot your weapons down.
>>
>>180452743
That silhouette looks sexy as goddamn fuck. More so than the fucking Dragonfly.
Who's the manufacturer, do we know?
>>
>>180441990
This.

2.6 Came out at the very beginning of this year, we've had it for 6 months without 3.0 coming and they keep stripping features out of it. All it makes me think is they're scrambling to get SOMETHING out to make them not look totally incompetent and still failing at that
>>
>>180454710
Aopoa, a Xi'an manufacturer. Same people who make the Khartu-Al.

>>180441990
>they didn't update the schedule before the day they update the schedule
no shit, retard.
>>
>>180454789
2.0 came out Dec 2015. Aside from Grimhex, nothing has changed for over a year and a half. I'm loving the "open" development.
>>
>>180454982
>Same people who make the Khartu-Al.
So it's gonna be shit, like all the other alien ships.
>>
So I'm guessing the Nox would fit in a Hull B right?
>>
>>180455297
>in
>a Hull B
"no"
I don't think they're gonna go with their "you can load ships into cargo crates" idea they mentioned around the time the Hull series came out either.
>>
>>180426908

>Dragonflies and wicked space bikes
>for the price of snubs and no toe capability

Why not just taking the ship near the loots and load them?
>>
>>180455297
>>180455375
The D'fly was shown for the first time in a crate. It wouldn't be unreasonable, but they only have size 1 containers now, so maybe when they have containers large enough.
>>
>>180455436

>*towing capability

Also "ah shit the sniper killed me"
>>
>>180455436
>what is racing
>what is fun
>what is aesthetic
>>
>>180455563

>racing

On the ground? I hope you are right.

>the rest

Fun my ass! Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?
>>
>>180455662
>On the ground? I hope you are right.
There are open-canopy races where these are the only kinds of vehicles allowed.

>Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?
It looks cool and bikes are fun to ride? Not everyone is an autistic min-maxer.
>>
>>180455662
>Whats the point of filling two thirds of a lancer's cargo with that thing if it offers no advantage?
Don't you remember? The whole reason to have a ground vehicle was for the arbitrary "dangerous flight conditions" where you can't fly to your destination on a planet or moon. I'm not sure how that would apply to moons with no atmosphere, but there are still reentry animations when there is no atmosphere, so go figure.
>>
>>180455887

>dangerous flight conditions

If thats true and flight is restricted, then towing hovers become important for land raiding. Problem is Im not seeing them carry boxes. Except the APC which is large as fuck.
>>
>>180456034
>hey I know they don't even have basic cargo in the game yet but why don't they have this even more complicated mechanic yet
Can you stop being retarded for a minute?
>>
>>180456034
>Problem is I'm not seeing them carry boxes.
That kind of is related to my curiosity about single seat ships without cargo like the racing ships. Is there going to be missions that don't require cargo space? Is recovering a black box a physical item, or just the data on it?
>>
>>180456153

It was said in Q&A that no towing will be in the dragonfly and that it could carry just a shit box with a pair of weapons or something.

Therefore it carries shit. And the game needs a cargo version that actually fits in a lancer, because flying a caterpillar or a connie solo is expensive as balls and risky. Also the Misc Hulls cant load shit on the ground.
>>
>why can't all the ships do everything???
>>
My Harbinger can do everything!
>>
>>180456293
>Also the Misc Hulls cant load shit on the ground.
Hulls would almost have to be able to carry a MPUV as cargo to be able to load thing from the surface or load from a station if the ship is already expanded and unable to dock.
>>
File: connie_5.jpg (172KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
connie_5.jpg
172KB, 1200x675px
>>180456403

>*cough
>>
>>180453830
hopefully never, the constellation and retaliator already handle like they're four times their size. Ships don't need to turn like a fucking overworked barge moving through half hardened concrete to have a sense of "weight" in a video game.

Personally I don't want to have the time to get up, take a piss, and heat up a hot pocket and sit back down while waiting for a multi-crew ship to turn 90 degrees
>>
>>180456293

Buy a Taurus, put the fucking APC in it and you are gold.
>>
>>180456543
>hopefully never, the constellation and retaliator already handle like they're four times their size.
Nigger what, the Constellation turns on a dime and handles like it's made entire of air.
>>
>>180456615
On this flight model it feels like shit. The Connie used to be able to turn a lot faster and had much higher acceleration. It was pretty silly before. The crew would have been liquefied from the g force.
>>
>>180456576

Might work. Its a hauler for almost the same price of a MAX.
>>
>>180456485
Just imagine that thing in atmosphere.
Beautiful.
>>
>>180454982
I meant, last time there was a evocati patch delay they publicly updated the schedule about it three full days before the patch was suppose to drop, and even set a new release date for it. This time they waited until they only had 24 hours to go, only told the evocati about it via private forum, and didn't even try to state a new release date, just a "we'll tell you more friday". Basically, they're clearly way more behind than any one thought and CIG is finally dropping the pretense that their schedule means jack shit.
>>
>>180457028
>CIG is finally dropping the pretense that their schedule means jack shit.
It's always been an internal development schedule. The dates are targets, not promises.
>>
File: hmmm.png (15KB, 426x122px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
15KB, 426x122px
>>180457028
It's almost like there's no set "release date" for the Evocati patch.
>>
>>180455436
not every place is going to be safe enough to land a ship at, and scanners wont be powerful enough to let you google maps the entire surface of a planet looking for shit.
>>
Is there any significance to yesterday's commercial for AtV? Never seen that before. They must have been sitting on this one to have anything to show early for it.
>>180457028
Maybe you are reading a bit too deep. You know CIG would not say anything at all until they think they are close. Just mentioning it like that tacitly admits they are close. They would have pushed it last week otherwise.
>>
>>180456245
data transport is a thing, so I'd assume you'd just download the data from the computer like the ICC missions already in game, but with longer travel time in-between.
>>
>>180457028
>CIG says there's no evocati patch this week
>There's still an entire week left in their release window for the evocati patch
>hurr hurr CIG is way behind they don't have anything done the schedule is meaningless
Please kill yourself and don't breed.
>>
File: raid.png (3MB, 1297x1195px) Image search: [Google]
raid.png
3MB, 1297x1195px
>>180457161

>Taurus+Ursa/lynx/whatever the fuck has space and guns

Found the land raiding combo. Problem is.. I suck at FPS's. Havent played one since fucking CS 1.6 lool.
>>
>>180456615
Not since a few patches ago. it flies like a starfarer despite being nearly half the mass.
>>
>>180457325
That raises another question of how much data can you carry without a "data" ship?
>>
Has CIG shown us any concepts of gameplay?

It seems like every AtV is just ship art and technical art.

The last thing I remember is the golf-swing mechanic for scanning, but that was a year ago. There had to be something since then, right?
>>
>>180457771
inb4 CIG scraps and reworks the entire cargo mechanic to give us Cargo 2.0 which can handle info
>>
File: chris roberts gold.jpg (273KB, 710x539px) Image search: [Google]
chris roberts gold.jpg
273KB, 710x539px
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/877646523705606144

>Trailer for shitty weekly show
What was meant by this?
>>
>>180458493
only thing I can think of is the "internal thoughts" selection system, where you cursor over an intractable object and little prompts appear for you to click (ie open / close / shit yourself)
>>
>>180458720
I'm pretty hyped for the interactable cockpits desu
>>
>>180458664
trying to hype up the Nox sale for more $$$
>>
>>180458765
to each his own, I just wanna fly the damn thing, not finger-fuck its toggles

I wish they'd save that stuff at least until the core gameplay is ironed out or until after release. Half of the ships still fly like bricks and need to be totally retuned
>>
>ship customization

If they go the path of E:D or EvE (want new colors? give us 10 bucks) Im gonna die from an hearth attack.

Seriously, the faggotry with this one!
>>
>>180458995
>want new colors? give us 10 bucks

CIG already does that
>>
>>180459083

Yeah, but if they do once the game really starts to take shape... holy shit! Its not like they already broke a Guiness record with crowd funding or anything...
>>
>>180457462
I really don't see how they're going to make raiding a thing

The "unsafe landing area" mechanic is silly bullshit that wouldn't make sense on most planets

Why would I land far away and drive to a target when I can just strafe it with my ship?
>>
>>180459225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-epO6oUHE

>49:30
>all those boxes
>>
If you could hire a npc pilot and then ask him to fly away to a safespot while you are searching some space wreck it would be awesome as well. One of my greatest fears is that you can get killed while on EVA.
>>
>>180460012
I'm worried about getting my ship blasted while I'm exploring.

Hopefully it'll be easy to hide ships if they're not powered on.
>>
Do we have a patcher now, or does the game still require we download the whole thing all over again?
>>
>>180460664
That annoys me with the current PTU

I go into a space station and come out to find my ship gone

>so I steal someone elses
>>
>>180461723
Well, I'm thinking it'll be less of an issue as the PU gets bigger. The universe and planets are so big, you probably won't run into other players out in the verse very often, unless you got interdicted, or someone was explicitly tailing you.

Still, it could be a problem with big questing areas. Hopefully CIG uses their new modular mission system to spread mission objectives for different players out a bit geographically.
>>
>>180457771
No idea, but it seems like in 29XX, hard drives are so shitty and small that the Herald neesd literal server farms added to the inside it to be a specialized "data runner", even though you'd think 800 years in the future. even just the basic computers on any ship would be more than enough to hold as much data as any planet or cooperation would ever possibly need transported at one time.

Basically Star Citizen's technology runs on Dune/Warhammer 40k logic but without any of the actual backstory to explain why it's so ass backwards and the tech is WWII in space tier.
>>
Waiting on the "Whoops! We're 3 months behind!" update this week.
>>
>>180462243
The really pick kinda dumb aspects to use as their creative restraint.
>>180461849
The moons are supposed to be fucking huge. As long as there is some way to navigate to a specific place, finding a hiding spot should be easy. Also presuming a powered off ship is hard to find from far away.
>>
The page is up for the new shitbucket, is anyone here Gold enough to view it though?
>>
3.0 is releasing after gamescom.
screencap this.
>>
>>180463126
I doubt they're that far behind although Gamescom is in August so they'd want to have it live before then. One thing that's kind of reassuring is it seems like CIG have a couple of star systems beyond Stanton in some form of development with them showing off the Solar System editor in ATV I really wonder how long it'll take CIG to connect up multiple systems to Stanton once they're done with the tech they need for functionable star systems.
>>
>>180461849

You are thinking on just players. NPC's are also a problem.
>>
>>180464805
It's pretty trivial to program NPCs to not be cockbags.
>>
Land gear.

What are the advantages of having light armor over heavy? Not a word on this yet? Or does the game have just one class of armor (heavy) and three aesthetic options (flight, light and medium)?
>>
>>180464982
Stamina.
>>
>>180464859

NPC's should be EvE tier cockbags. That way everyone gets accustomed to the multiplayer environment fast. Its just that during those times when you need to go out in eva that shits gets tricky, therefore there must be ways of preventing that with some caution (powering down ships for low sig or having a NPC crew flying to a safespot and returning on command). Otherwise it will be grand theft ship.
>>
>>180464982
running stamina vs damage protection
>>
>>180465151

When you see someone while turning a corner, stamina means shit.
>>
>>180465168
>NPCs should be EVE tier cockbags
This would piss the dads off so much, I fucking love it, and so would "Dread Pirate Roberts".
>>
>>180465197

Are EVA speeds different for different armors?
>>
>>180465279
>hurr durr muh evasion vs defense
Fuck off retard, they both have pros and cons. That's the point.
>>
>>180465687

From what space stations and indoor wrecks look like in the PU, most of the engagements seem to be close quarters. Unless ofc you are camping with a sniper like an huge faggot, but that can be done with just any armor.
>>
>>180465841
And what if you want to get away, instead of fighting?
>>
>>180465548

I thought you E:D guys got interdicted by NPC's all the time.
>>
>>180465932
I used to play ED, but I don't anymore, because I was part of PVP community and got fucking tired of all the grinding I had to do in order to be competitive
I went over to EVE, and trust me, ED NPCs have nothing on EVE players.
Like those dicks who spend all day in high security space sitting on popular stations and blapping anyone they're at war with who docks or undocks. Or that one guy who started a pseudo-religious campaign of suicide attacks against all miners. Or those cunts who sit in interdictors on popular null security stargates cloaked and only decloak, drop a bubble (item that shuts down FTL drives within 20km and pulls ships that pass near it out of warp) and engage when something they can kill shows up.
>>
>>180457462

Those long range sensors of the DUR and the Aquila. What is it that they do exactly? Do you need those to find wrecks and derelicts?
>>
>>180466524

>Or the recon gang who hides at a FW plex

Yeah yeah, I know the drill.
>>
>>180466554
You don't need them, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier. Also jump points.
>>
>>180466554
We don't know because CIG hasn't released anything about how they will actually work

the closest we got was a golf-swing mechanic that would be used to determine how well your scan went, so maybe those big sensors give you better range or an easier golf swing
>>
>>180466671
I didn't bring that up, nor hot-drops(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY2cksmkT1M)/blops drops, because I do both of those things, and I only complain about things that I don't do.
>>
>>180466554
>Those long range sensors of the DUR and the Aquila. What is it that they do exactly?

Make the ship look different
>>
>>180464624
I think they'll at least have it to the open ptu stage by gamescom, even if it's still in a nigh unplayable state, just so they can say it's almost ready during the show.
>>
>>180466524

Not sure about E:D, but EvE is indeed a grind. If you actually attempt to plex monthly now... holy shit, it is the mother of all grinds.
>>
>>180464982
you won't be able to pilot ships in medium/heavy armor, supposedly.

Even though that would mean the Hornet's crazy fuck huge cockpit makes even *less* sense.
>>
>>180468448
>Not sure about E:D, but EvE is indeed a grind. If you actually attempt to plex monthly now... holy shit, it is the mother of all grinds.
Yeah, there's a reason I pay the fucking sub. $15 a month isn't that much, and it means I don't have to do much grinding, because I know a few really good income sources that have been my source of ships, modules and ammo for a while now.
Gotta love being part of the alliance that controls the only place in New Eden where an extremely valuable implant drops.
>>
>>180468463
Chris has no fucking idea how he wants the gameplay to work

He throws out a billion ideas like mechs and power armor and jump point sizes, but come implementation time shits the bed
>>
ED's 15 dollars right now. Is that low enough to justify buying it, or should I wait until it finally drops to 10?
>>
>>180469970
No. Avoid it like the fucking plague. It's a mile wide and an inch deep, there's absolutely fucking nothing to do except grind unless you're in a player group, and even then you have to do shittons of grinding to be able to do group activities.
Hell, try this instead.
https://www.star-made.org/
At least it's free. And not that bad, despite what it looks like.
>>
>>180468967

If you pay sub, pvp is always cheap. Thats the reason I stopped playing. Too much grind and not so much fun (playing as a plexing freeloader ofc).
>>
File: 1484392951595.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1484392951595.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>180455887
>dangerous flight conditions where you can't fly to your destination on a planet or moon. I'm not sure how that would apply to moons with no atmosphere
>>180459225
>The "unsafe landing area" mechanic is silly bullshit that wouldn't make sense on most planets

You just lack imagination.
Plenty of way to do that, although some are trickier to code as game mechanic than other.

I'm hoping to moon to have crater or even hand-made cave where you can hide a ship.
civilized world could let low-key raiding truck slip but not allow spaceship in some airspace
some place could be defended by huge turret and shield (but not in a way practical to defend from ground attack)
In high PvP area you'll want to keep your ship in a safe place while you explore
on wild planet the place of interest might no have nice flat & smooth landing place for your 100m long Polaris/Caterpillar
I wouldn't land my ship around a GIANT WORM
or a volcano
it could simply be too bothersome to take the time to takeoff/land at regular interval when you could do all objective with a rover

and remember how there will be mechanic for air-reserve in spacesuit? It could be easier to refill in a close-by rover than a spaceship.
the above apply to any danger that a ship isn't efficient for

/armchair dev
>>
>>180471393
>Plenty of way to do that, although some are trickier to code as game mechanic than other.

That's the problem. CIG is going the procedural route, and what you're talking about requires something more purpose-built. They don't have a good plan right now.
>>
>>180457462

If the fucking Hull C could actually hold hard cargo instead of hanging boxes in its hooks it could be very well be useful for this sort of crap. But no, station trade only.
>>
/vg/ has too many chatroom threads where it's just 5 people spamming images talking about non games.
>>
>>180469970
Even if ED was free it would still not be worth it do to the time you would of been wasting.
>>
File: Nox-Left.jpg (501KB, 3048x1937px) Image search: [Google]
Nox-Left.jpg
501KB, 3048x1937px
>>
>Have a Dragonfly
>Get an email from CIG to buy a Nox
heck yes boy I'm gonna have all the spacebikes
>>
File: NoxKue-Left.jpg (540KB, 3134x1937px) Image search: [Google]
NoxKue-Left.jpg
540KB, 3134x1937px
>>180479526
>>
File: Nox_Riding_4-1.jpg (525KB, 4000x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Nox_Riding_4-1.jpg
525KB, 4000x1680px
>that sitting position
They actually managed to seemingly fuck up the field of view on a ship that doesn't even have a canopy. Bravo.
>>
>>180479526
>>180479687
I wonder how CIG is gonna deal with these limited editions when they have ship painting? Will we only be able to change accent colors?
>>
>>180479526

Or buy 10 dragonflies instead for the same price...
>>
File: 2017-06-22-151611_368x457_scrot.png (148KB, 368x457px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22-151611_368x457_scrot.png
148KB, 368x457px
fucking lmao
>>
File: Nox_Garage.jpg (1MB, 4000x1938px) Image search: [Google]
Nox_Garage.jpg
1MB, 4000x1938px
>you can buy a Nox 5-pack for $145
Why
>>
>>180480052
spacebikers
pretty much dads chasing a dream
>>
>>180480051
>>180480052
So wait, with the 5-pack, do you get LTI on each bike or what?
>>
>>180480346
Yes. 4x black and 1x white, all LTI.
>>
>>180480684
Does that mean you get 5 LTI tokens? 'Cause the store page makes it seem like it only applies to the whole package or something.
>>
>>180480043

>Nox is 40
>Dragonfly is 35

Wait a sec. What am I missing? Is the Nox unarmed?
>>
>>180480831
As far as we can tell, yeah. it's more expensive because alien tax.
>>
I could buy one of these LTI Nox things and upgrade it to something I actually give a shit about to transfer the LTI over, right?

I've never bought anything from the store other than the Aurora game package back when the PU launched.
>>
File: ZeslcoS.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ZeslcoS.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>180468314
They will still say "its almost ready" no matter how close or far away they are.

They told us "just around the corner" at gamescon last year.

I'm wondering if its Ben's corner they where talking about, when taking the time into consideration.
>>
Beyond Good and & Evil 2 demo, I"m linking this because it is using similar tech to SC and large portions of the game will take place in space.

https://youtu.be/M8IguhQqhAg
>>
Angel's Fall First also got a huge update recently with a new ai, several balance changes and two new maps. If you buy it make sure to join the discord linked in the steam forums.
>>
I can't see any sale or store page, wtf is this.
>>
>>180482438
>>180482701
fuck off.
>>
>>180483025
You only get access to the pre-sale if you own a Dragonfly, fucko.

Sale opens up to everyone else tomorrow. Advantage of a pre-sale is a forum badge or some gay shit and a limited edition white variant of the bike.
>>
>>180483269
>be concierge
>Don't get early access because I melted my Dfly ages ago.
>>
GIVE ME 3.0 CHRIS FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>180483574
You are expecting their to be content for 3.0 and people with just starter ships are going to be fucked.
>>
>>180483856
>You are expecting their to be content for 3.0
I'm expecting to be able to fuck around on planets. That's all I want.

>and people with just starter ships are going to be fucked.
who gives a fuck about them
>>
File: 1486836998776.jpg (98KB, 555x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486836998776.jpg
98KB, 555x475px
I bet Dorky Smort is having the time of his life right now seeing that CIG is stripping down 3.0 and yet not being able to deliver anything.
>>
>>180484087
>who gives a fuck about them
they're probably the majority of backers
>>
>>180484174
>CIG will NEVER have planets
>CIG adds planets
>y-y-yeah well they took this thing out so they're fucking LIARS SCAM CITIZEN

>>180484238
Why should I care? I'm going to have fun fucking around on planets on my rad-ass spacebike
>>
>implying 3.0 will release
Have fun fucking around on a desolate rock the size of the arena commander maps and at 20 fps because network fix is dead
>>
>spacebike costs the same as a mustang
why
>>
>>180484764
because idiots will pay it
>>
>>180484291
>CIG will NEVER have planets

not him, but what are you talking about?

Also, CIG will most likely not be able to get out the 2-3 "big releases" Erin where talking about this year at this speed.

I'm so fucking glad I only spent 50 dollaridoos on this mess
>>
Who invited the fuckin goons?
>>
File: 1480057860314.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1480057860314.png
55KB, 217x190px
>CIG released another bike when i missed out on the LTI dragonfly like a faggot

this one is far, far cooler, as well.

objectively better in black. if you don't own a little ultralite like one of the two models in question here you're gonna be chumpus fucking maximus in 3.0
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (202KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
202KB, 480x270px
>>180485725
White is all Right
>>
Should I get a refund on my $20 package?
>>
>>180482701
Is that still alive? I added it to my wishlist in case it went anywhere, but haven't been watching it too close.
>>
>>180480052

Are these shits even armed?
>>
Are these little shits worth a damn in a fight?
>>
Why doesn't the racing bike have guns on it?
>>
>>180482093
>tfw no kittens gf.
>>
>>180486660
currently, not really

2x S2 guns is not enough to take out anything bigger than a mustang or gladius
>>
File: 1489789681094.jpg (1MB, 4836x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1489789681094.jpg
1MB, 4836x2000px
>>180475602
That's the reverse really,
CIG have been pretty explicit about using procedural as scenery or tool to hand-craft their contents.
One of a "november town's hall" also make a great point of saying they wanted our game time to be about Quality over Quantity.
That's why landing zone like Levski or Crusader are handcrafted rather than self-generating structure like ED would do.
Even the procedural planet are meant to be painted at any levels.

Of course they also plan to have procedurally generated mission but that's because players WILL inevitably run out of quests and it would look stupid not to have some self-generate.

If there is a game that displayed the means and Intent to use all of their features in diverse way it's Star Citizen.
>>
>>180487014

People say the m50 beats the 350r in combat due to more agility while the 350r is more race oriented. IT would be nice to have a nice racer that also can fight something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVua4SsaGqU
>5 years ago
>>
>>180487320
350r sucks in combat because the entire 300 series is a broken shit-heap
>>
>>180485519
Long ago Drek smart keep yelling that it would be physically impossible to have seamless giant planet. that no computer would ever do it, that multiplayer on it was out of question.

We know the result,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI

If CIG ever get 32 players on line with no lag, derek might shoot himself out of humiliation

>I'm so fucking glad I only spent 50 dollaridoos on this mess
And you'll be so fucking glad if they deliver it
>>
>>180484764
because you're paying to support the game, not for any semblance of balance in pricing, dumbass
>>
>>180484764
Because ships have been getting increasingly more expensive and >>180484897.
On another note, I don't understand how people can still tell themselves 'b-but if they stopped working on ships it wouldn't speed up the rest of the game!', completely ignoring that those 3d artists could be doing props, buildings, stations and whatever else instead.
>>
ATV when?
>>
>>180489319
But I want more ships. I want them to work on more ships.
>>
Why can't we buy ships with aUEC in 3.0?
>>
Anyone wanna buy an elite account for 0.2BTC? Lifetime pass, cutter/corvette etc
>>
>>180490089
liquid credits?

how decked are the two you mentioned
>>
>>180490056
Because they haven't implemented that yet.
>>
>>180490142
1.3 billion assets, cutter and corvette rank is there but no engineered modules, all but lori are unlocked though..
>>
>Nox Kue
koo? koo-ay? kyoo?
>>
>>180493180
Hue
>>
>>180490089
>0.2BTC
$536 for an ED account
.02BTC is a ripoff, you have straight lost your fucking mind.
>>
>>180484764
added markup because it's an alien import ;)
>>
>>180441862
Shouldn't have exploited the grade 1 material glitch, you sociopathic griefer.
>>
>>180465932
Yeah but unless you're clinically retarded you will delete them with little effort.
>>
How the fuck are they going to have a sneak peek at AtV yesterday and still be late with it today? Fucking false hype bullshit.
>>
>>180497710
By requiring the highest fidelity
>>
Gamers Nexus just mentioned another interview with CR, but it was just a passing comment. He was talking about the camera he was going to use for interviews and said upcoming CR interview specifically.

>>180498876
poor time management =/= high fidelity
>>
>>180489319
Ships are one of the key gameplay elements like mining/hauling/trading/bounty hunting.
>>
>>180499273
Steve's prolly gonna be at the conventions
>>
>>180487163
Damn that looks comfy. I just want to go to sleep at sunset in that habitat.
>>
>>180499439
He is literally the only YT channel I have any respect for. He calls everyone on their bullshit, and saved me from buying Ryzen blind.

He already has one interview, so I'm looking forward to his next one.
>>
>>180499607
Yeah,doesn't ride the hype down or up.
He more than one interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUb18MWdphI
>>
>>180487410
>I never play the game: the post
>>
How do I find explorers to kill? I fit an interdictor, currenlty 10k ly out somewhere. Haven't seen any other players, does every explorer play solo?
>>
>>180501564
>solo
bingo
>>
>>180499607
what's wrong with Ryzen?
>>
>>180501675
what did you mean by this?
>>
atv when
>>
>>180502986
everyone's playing solo
>>
>>180502202

Not him, but I wouldn't go anywhere near that processor. I'll bring you some links to look at if you stick around in general.
>>
>>180503020
Now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwVI6_xWqc
>>
File: SC development time.jpg (125KB, 998x628px) Image search: [Google]
SC development time.jpg
125KB, 998x628px
>>180500054
>short hair Steve
Holy fuck this game has taken a long time.

>>180502202
It barely matches Sandy Bridge IPC levels. It's an upgrade from anything but an i7, but pretty much any i7 is going to walk the fuck away on gaming. The newest Kaby Lake 4 core stomps Ryzen the dirt on gaming and synthetic benchmarks and basically keeps up with "production loads".

The R5 is a good bargain chip, but in the >$300 range Intel is still king. ThreadRipper is unlikely to change this either. AMD is apparently not targeting gaming workloads the way the 7700k is. Intel is on cruise control and still making better gaming chips, and I wanted AMD to be good more than anyone. The fact is, you are getting 6 year old i7 performance for current Intel prices for the 1700x and up.
>>
>>180503076
but why?
>>
>>180503172
this Frankfurt guy with the curly hair should speak faster
>>
>>180503172
>40
woah what pipeline is this
>>
I just bought 5 Noxes. Ask me anything.
>>
>>180504981
how disappointed are your parents in you?
>>
>>180504981
Can i have one
>>
>>180503172
>fatherly and friendly looking owner
>sleazy marketing guy wearing a colorful shirt and cuhrayzee hair
why does this pattern happen in most companies
I thought all humans were supposed to be unique
>>
>>180504981
What are some easy crock pot recipes that I can have ready when I get home from work?
>>
>>180503613
don't you ever question punished crytek-jesus' methods

he and a couple other people are the only ones doing the work to make this game into a game before 2025, keeping chris robert's insanity in check
>>
>>180505038
I can't imagine they're particularly disappointed in me, since I have a job that I can piss away $145 like it's nothing.

>>180505049
I'll sell you one for $50.
>>
>>180505107
I find ribs work really well in a slow cooker. Just throw them on the grill for a few minutes to char the outside. Nice and tender, falls off the bone.
>>
>>180501564
Even if they weren't in solo there are literally billions of systems they could be in within that radius.
>>
>This AtV
>As per usual Frankfurt is weeks ahead of schedule and the rest of the offices drop the ball
>>
>>180505286
I want to gank forumdads tho
>>
>>180505491
Stalk their organized expeditions. They tend to do those in open and advertise where they're going to be.
>>
File: question mark.jpg (142KB, 1303x1105px) Image search: [Google]
question mark.jpg
142KB, 1303x1105px
Is this game worth getting into? I clicked buy now and the price rose by $9.
>>
>>180505772
do I get banned for this tho?
>>
>>180506030
Are you outside the US? Yuropoors get Vatted.
>>
>>180506030
it's not a game yet
>>
>>180506030
It's promising,but it's no more than a distraction/side-game atm
>price rose
VAT?
>>
>>180506030
Do you want to play a game right now? No.

Do you want to invest in a game? Yes.
>>
>>180506187
can I buy it with a proxy or will they come knocking for their $9?
>>
>Nox Ship Shape
>It's gonna be powerful in combat
[sweating]
>>
>>180506304
Proxy should work,alternative is buying from reddit
>>
>>180506304
Your information has already been forwarded to the European Commission on Internet Revenue Collection.
>>
>>180506304
It's based on your billing address I think. I wouldn't know how to skirt that, freedom is ringing too loud.
>>
File: 1464056255007.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464056255007.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>180506428
>combat bike
>>
File: go_home_sabrefag.webm (3MB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
go_home_sabrefag.webm
3MB, 978x550px
Fuck Sabres!
>>
File: bounty_hunter.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
bounty_hunter.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>
The way the back of the Nox covers the rider is some shit straight out of Tron
>>
File: camper.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
camper.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 2017-06-22-205232_1279x720_scrot.png (656KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22-205232_1279x720_scrot.png
656KB, 1279x720px
S T R U T S
>>
>>180506030
wait for 3.0 release

it's not a game yet, it won't be a game for another 2 years, and 3.0 is like 2 years before what any other company would start handing out "early access pre-pre alpha" keys for

unless you're willing to deal with serious fun ruining issues in a demo that has maybe 3-4 hours of unique content that does not rely on other people, just wait for 3.0 so you can deal with those same issues and more but in a demo that actually has some content and incentive to go do things
>>
>>180507471
>going to have to cope with filth alien bootup sequence every time i hope in

this is shit
>>
File: grim_hex_1st.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
grim_hex_1st.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>
File: grim_hex_3rd.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
grim_hex_3rd.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>
File: nice_try.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
nice_try.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>180480190
Based dadposter.
>>
>>180507785
#notjustxenos
>>
File: pewpew.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>
File: physics.webm (3MB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
physics.webm
3MB, 978x550px
>>
File: reeeeee.webm (2MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.webm
2MB, 889x500px
>>
File: reliant.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
reliant.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>
Still relevant.
>>
How long will the delay be tomorrow? inb4 hurr durr 3 months. It has to be in the next week or so, they would have delayed it if they knew they weren't going to make it. What is the precedent, when they have actually been close? That shit is hard to remember and be objective about.
>>
File: 1243819028390.jpg (14KB, 252x346px) Image search: [Google]
1243819028390.jpg
14KB, 252x346px
>dragonfly owners
>>
>>180513869
Dragonfly has 2 seats. Nox is probably faster, but the only thing it will be fighting is dragonflys and Ursas. A size 1 missile is your doom.
>>
File: 018.jpg (741KB, 1150x1725px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
741KB, 1150x1725px
>>180513982
>stick a guy with a man-portable railgun or missile launcher onto the back of your drake hodgepodge
>wonder what happens when your vehicle revolves six times in the span of a second upon firing and kills either occupant

also

>missiles

pshhhh.... nothin personnel.
>>
File: DAYZibsXoAApwlm.jpg (253KB, 1624x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DAYZibsXoAApwlm.jpg
253KB, 1624x2048px
>>180513869
They are going to get smashed.Hard.
>>
>>180513868
who cares
it won't be 60 fps
>>
>>180514532
Nigga look around you ain't fooling anyone here.
>lurking a ded thred until it is up for the weekly hog call.
>still pessimistic in [current year]
I'll be the first to tell anyone that I'm unhappy with how the game has been developed so far, but we just don't know until we see it. They said that initially different servers would run different parts of space instead of a single server for the whole crusader system.
What if it is maybe not good, but ok enough that something else is more annoying?
>>
>>180515249
I NEED 60 FPS TO PLAY
>>
>>180515318
>60 FPS
You ain't telling me shit. I have a 1080p 144hz Asus monitor with a GTX1070 just so I can have 100+ FPS in pretty much everything. The current PU makes my eyes water with how bad it is, but I could honestly live with 30-40 if it wasn't bound to the netcode anymore.
>>
>>180514279
>stick a guy with a man-portable railgun
railguns are in 3.0
I want to see a Cat open up and broadside the fuck out of someone with a platoon firing from the cargo area.
>>
>>180513869
dragonfly is still superior

but i'm a drake owner so i'm more worried about synergy and my draognflies guaranteed being usable with my ships than having a flashy sport bike

theyre both near worthless throwaway bikes that everyone will have dozens of if they want them
>>
>>180516331
>Noxfags fucking over human spacebike manufacturers.
>Knows how magnets work, but won't tell us.
It may be made out of the finest aliumese, but it can't hold a candle to anything a human could make. Except for that magnet shit, they could have told us how they did it, but they are dickheads and fuck them.
>>
>>180480052
for people who want to buy 5 lti tokens (that they can't trade or melt separately) I guess
>>
>>180482701
AFF actually looks really nice, but I just can't manage to give a fuck until they bother to add a single player campaign
>>
>>180516331
>dragonfly is still superior
>neither of them are even flyable yet
You're a retarded faggot.

>guaranteed being usable with my ships
???
>>
>>180480831
>>180480927
apparently there's an s1 gun on the underside of it

>>180483269
The part where it's sent to dragonfly owners, but there's no option to CCU a dragonfly into a nox is a nice touch.
>>
>>180517572
Different anon, but they have said the Dfly is definitely transportable. The Nox doesn't fold up so it might not store as small.
>>
>>180517759
nigger what the Nox is the same size as a folded-up Dragonfly. Did you even watch ATV where they showed them side-by-side?
>>
>>180517858
Yeah, the Dfly was extended. There is a folded mode where it is a bit shorter.
>>
>>180517936
Yes, I'm aware. The Nox was significantly smaller than the extended Dragonfly. It is roughly the same size as a folded Dragonfly. Keep up.
>>
>>180518003
>It is roughly the same size
That shit is going to be close in a lot of ships. Whichever one is shorter when stored will be the better one. An extra cargo space when most of the cargo is bike would be significant.
>>
>>180518178
If you think CIG is going to let you play tetris with fractions of a cargo unit, you're delusional. Things are going to take up discreet cargo units. The Dragonfly and the Nox will take up the same amount of cargo units.
>>
>Yeah well the Dragonfly is better because it has guns and the Nox doesn't
>Yeah well the Nox is better because it's faster
>Yeah well the Dragonfly is better because it might take up less cargo space
How about neither of them is better than the other you fucking retards
>>
>>180518296
Even if that were true, the Dfly is two seats where the Nox has a minor amount of protection for a single rider. I guess it will depend on how it needs to be used to see if the second seat matters that much. They were both shown with 2 size 1 guns.
>>180518397
You got something better to discuss faggot?
>>
>Black Dragonfly
>White Nox
I didn't even mean to do that. So glad I didn't get the yellow one. Will both fit in a Cutlass? I don't even care about missions, I just want to show off and be an asshole.
>>
File: rhfdcdA.gif (292KB, 99x76px) Image search: [Google]
rhfdcdA.gif
292KB, 99x76px
>>180512295

>That filename
>>
>>180518397
>>Yeah well the Dragonfly is better because it has guns and the Nox doesn't

But the Nox does have guns.
>>
>>180455887
>but there are still reentry animations when there is no atmosphere
How the everliving fuck would you know?
>>
I've been wanting CIG to show ACTUAL gameplay, not just demo clips.
Like "Here's the current 3.0 build. Let's get in xyz ship and fly around xyz moon and explore"
instead of
"Here's a feature we're developing for the future"
"Here's a graybox"
We literally never see how the game plays until the (gutted) update is pushed.
>>
>>180521296
That's because they don't want to reveal absolutely everything before we get to play it. See what they did with 2.0, they've already shown WAY more than we did last.
>>
>>180521542
I just hope this is the end of the monolith releases. Since they are on version 3 of the patching software, we should get more frequent updates.
>>
>>180521542
Ah yes, because playing through at 20 FPS on my system-turned-space heater, or watching PTU let's-plays on youtube because you're not invited to the PTU is a far better experience.

It's not like they're story spoilers for SQ42, there's no reason to withhold content that will be in the PU.
>>
>>180462243
Radiation shielding. Bam, 100% justified
>>
Space Flak when?
>>
>>180517572
my 3.0 cutlass was reworked with carrying a Dfly in mind

nox is some new shit with zero confirmation that it will have any of the utility of the DFLY

could not care less what either looks like, all that matters is that the Dfly works, has been working, and that my cutlass was reworked with a dfly in mind
>>
>>180523109

>utility of the DFLY

Its none. Chris said it wont be towing anything and cargo is almost non existent (you might put shit on the extra seat).

If you want to load something you need the ursa.
>>
>>180523326
utility as in the ability to move it in my fucking cutlass and caterpillar, or any other ship and drive it out the back ramp

so things that nobody has said the nox can do yet even if it's implied, i'm putting my money on the bike designed around it first and has also been in engine for about a year
>>
>>180503172
wtf asteroid belts aren't dense as fuck in real life?
why has every scifi in existence lied to me
>>
File: dBdQ6bu.jpg (499KB, 3134x1937px) Image search: [Google]
dBdQ6bu.jpg
499KB, 3134x1937px
I can't help but think the nox would have looked better and more alien-like if they flipped the design and had the big engine section in the back
>>
>>180524379
Or if it could just go in both directions, because Xian technology.
>>
File: meh.jpg (211KB, 1807x920px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
211KB, 1807x920px
>>180524379
I liked the top-right one.
>>
File: hacking.jpg (86KB, 1131x647px) Image search: [Google]
hacking.jpg
86KB, 1131x647px
bweepboop
>>
File: nrmemore.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nrmemore.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>180525130
I like the bottom left
>>
>>180481341

Yes, if you upgrade your Nox with LTI to another ship without LTI, that other ship will have LTI carried onto it from the Nox. Any further upgrades have LTI as well.
>>
>>180523985
Because real asteroids "belts" are solitary rocks millions of km apart and so small as to not be visible from each other. Doesn't make much for interesting writing.

Accurate depictions of asteroids.
https://vimeo.com/108650530
>>
File: nox.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nox.webm
3MB, 800x450px
The floaty bits look out of place somehow and the lack of a main engine annoys me.
>>
Y-You guys haven't forgotten about me... have you? It's me, Wingman!

Have you tried my brand new game Descent: Underground?
>>
File: JustVerseMeUp.jpg (172KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
JustVerseMeUp.jpg
172KB, 500x521px
>>180534273
>>
>>180534273
I combed through the Star Citizen bits today and couldn't find what I was looking for: some segment where a math ph.d comes on and discusses the economy. So I guess it was another show/highlight, though I remember the wingmen being around--also on a larger set than usual.
o well
>>
>>180532473
>floating footrest
It looks so stupid from that angle.
>>
I wonder how much of S42 they have to change or downright redo every couple of months when they shit out some new tech for extra FIDELITY, like all the lighting and animation stuff. Not only that, but adding in procedural planets and planetary missions must have changed it as well.
>>
File: 8451415.png (60KB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
8451415.png
60KB, 254x196px
>>180525130
>bottom left
>>
Is Hellion in any sort of playable state yet?
>>
>>180525130
Wasn't bottom left originally one of the concepts for the Dragonfly?
>>
>>180532473
The main engine is in the big front bit, is it not?
>>
File: CERTIFIED WANT.jpg (2MB, 4984x2663px) Image search: [Google]
CERTIFIED WANT.jpg
2MB, 4984x2663px
CERTIFIED WANT

ORIGIN 890 WHEN
>>
>>180541465
I meant main thruster. It only has that glowing area in the back >>180535367, while the Dragonfly has an actual thruster.
>>
>>180542320
aleins
>>
thread pls come back i'm steam sale filth and i need your help
>>
>>180544718
>He actually bought ED
Poor dumb bastard
>>
>>180545136
it's fun, what's the issue here
>>
Will I be able to make a qt space waifu in 3.0?
>>
>>180545325
Give it a few days.
>>
Why do purchases on RSI take so good damn long to go through? Do they fill these tickets fucking manually or something
>>
>>180523739
I'm genuinely curious why you're so paranoid that you think CIG would add a new space bike that's supposed to be the Suzuki to the Dragonfly's Harley-Davidson, but they would somehow make it completely in compatible with everything the Dragonfly can do.

Either you're a straight-up moron, or you're trying to convince yourself that "mine's better" for some reason.
>>
What will the Origin space bike look like?
>>
I could melt my standalone Terrapin and Eclipse to unmelt the Terrapin+Hurricane combo pack and use the leftover credit to get a Nox 2-pack and upgrade one of them to a Cutlass. Should I?
>>
>>180546873
Yes
>>
>>180546873
No
>>
>>180546873
Maybe
>>
>>180539890
It just got updated. Something about reorganizing where to find loot and making things a little easier for new player. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
>>
>AtV references possible 20+ minute jumps
is this a good or bad thing?
>>
>>180549887
I'd say good thing. As long as it isn't Hutton Orbital long, there needs to be plenty of time for interdicking. Plus, getting up from your seat and Picarding around your ship would be breddy fun too I think.
>>
>>180549887
I don't see how it's a bad thing. Honestly, wouldn't even mind seeing them a little bit longer.

With the way the mission system works, it should be perfectly possible play the game for a long time in a single system, where every jump is only a couple minutes at most.

Going between systems should take a long time. It helps sell how harsh space is. If you get into trouble, your buddies from a system over aren't going to get there in time to help you. Plus, there's a very large segment of players who want to be able to do long-haul shipping.

The only thing the system would need is a way to pay for transport. Like, you pay a player with a Starliner to take you to another system. You can log off, go do real life shit, go to bed, whatever. You wake up, get on the game, and you spawn at the destination. Essentially players as cargo. It'd please everyone.
>>
>>180551474
>Essentially players as cargo.
I hope someone important at CIG see this. There will probably be several reasons why I would want to go somewhere and not take my ship. Being able to book passage or transport a small ship as cargo would be fucking ideal.
>>
>>180551701
I mean, I imagine they have something similar planned. I can't imagine any other reason for something like the Starliner to exist.

The only problem would be the same problem with all other player-run cargo missions. What if the player just logs off and never logs back on? Of course there are several ways you could solve that problem.
>>
How big do you think cities like Terra Prime are going to wind up being? I know they said they're not building huge cities because there'd be no point, and I agree. But I do think there's value in having city-type environments to romp around in. What's the point of having a rad-ass ricer space bike if I can't do illegal street racing with it?

Also kind of hope they release some smaller, civilian, car-type vehicles eventually. Not only would be neat from a world-building perspective. I guarantee you forumdads would eat that shit up because muh hotrods
>>
>>180551474
I love the players as cargo idea. I remember some of the most fun times in FFXI were when we all had to board that ship to travel to another continent, and just hang out on it during the travel time, with some fighting enemies on the deck etc. It was one of those gameplay experiences that just felt "right" and really sold the distance between continents.
>>
File: longwait.png (20KB, 1470x173px) Image search: [Google]
longwait.png
20KB, 1470x173px
>>180551474
I think in AtV they meant intra-system jumps could be up to 20 minutes.
For when there are several systems, how are we going to travel between them? With it be quantum as well?
>>
>>180541637

Can you actually pick of of these and throw all the bars, jaccuzzis, leather seats, etc out the airlock to build some sort of "on a budget"corvette?
>>
>>180554126

>*one of those
>>
>>180554115
>I think in AtV they meant intra-system jumps could be up to 20 minutes.
Right, and going between multiple systems will take much longer because you might have to do multiple 20-minute jumps

>ow are we going to travel between them?
Jump points, son.
>>
>>180554115
I can really see them scaling things down or, more likely, increasing the speed of quantum drive in the future, after playtesting. But also keep in mind there is no reason to fly from one far end of a system to the other.
>>
>>180549887

Too harsh. 10 min is ideal for a smoke break.
>>
>>180554471
20 minutes will be on the high end.

Most jumps between two POI won't be that long.
>>
>>180554573

Well... The universe is indeed a lot smaller than EvE is it not (despite systems having a lot more content)?

It shouldnt be that hard. Im already used to it. If they could offer equipment that speeds up jumping without gimping you for combat too much Im all for it. I was never the deep space explorer but Im still nomad as fuck.
>>
>>180555243
>Well... The universe is indeed a lot smaller than EvE is it not (despite systems having a lot more content)?
SC's universe is currently I think 1:10 real scale. Might be 1:8?
>>
>>180555591

Yeah thats more or less the combination of high/low systems. Problem is people here are talking about 20 min jumps. It can still be a significant drag for logistical purposes. Also SC has fuel, EvE does not. IT becomes harder to travel. I sure hope they have good engines/fuel.

I hope this type of wandering gameplay doesnt require DUR/Aquilla sensors/expanded fuel tanks at all times.
>>
Btw, can player outposts be scanned and raided?
>>
>>180556338
>player outposts
???
>>
>>180556406

Nvm, I thought they were actually going this path. I guess they are not player made then.
>>
>>180556589
They may be in the future, but there's no concrete plans for it yet.
>>
Are we placing bets for delays?
>>
>>180557174
it's pretty much guaranteed for a majority of the parts listed on the sheet
>>
Is electronic warfare a thing in SC?
>>
>>180558472
should be
>>
>>180558472

Theres a vanguard variant that is supposed to do that. I suspect it has to due with some sort of anti missile screen. Perhaps sensor blocking.
>>
>>180558735
>>180560708
As long as we don't get cancer like EVE's ECM(chance-based module that can completely shut down your ability to fight) and sensor dampening(cuts your max range by stupid amounts, among other things) I'm happy
>>
>>180560958
It'll probably be in the realm of disabling your HUD and missiles, maybe even shorting your thrust for a brief period of time.
>>
>Dan Gheesling
god this guy is fucking insufferable
>>
>>180558472
Yes, from opening door to lessening/disabling some module like engine or shield.
And of course jamming radar.

at least 3 ship are built around it or close (data running with good sensor)
>>
boring.
>get bored of wasting my time lurking these threads when 3.0 is a year late
>leave
>see a youtube thumbnail with a new ship sale
>come back to this thread
>boring talk about boring stuff
>no new content
>just some webms of a place everyone has exhausted before the game even comes out
>>
>>180562971
How about you fuck off then and never come back faglover
>>
>>180560958

It could be ruinous but I dont see it being that OP. Maybe it fucks up the gimbal turrets but not the fixed ones like E:D. Its not like you can lock several ships in your overview and fuck them all like in EvE.
>>
Wheres the single seat salvaging ship godammit?
>>
>>180457462

Atmospheric limitations are just some made up bullshit to give limits to ship flight in populated worlds, not on barren ones where there are hidden bases and wrecks. The dragonfly will supposedly have a tractor beam, so you only need one of those. If you have problems just use the ships guns to clean house.

That way you save space and fill the hold with looted bs. But ofc this is all just
>speculations
>>
>>180562784

I dont understand why people say the Herald is for EWAR. Its steals and stores intel. Thats it lol.

EWAR is basically sensor shenenigans/jamming to give you the upper hand in combat.
>>
>>180525130

From the top left, left to right, up and down

>shit taken out of the ass
>down syndrome shark
>actual Xi'an tech
>star craft vulture bike

Fucking Koreans....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96CD0kJM1o4
>>
Does sacrificing carebears to Bob, the EVE Online god of Wormholes and PVP, before engineering improve my chances of getting a god roll?
>>
>>180566670
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhcD10bqC74
>>
>>180566953
That's not Bob. That's BoB. There's a difference. Once is worshiped by a significant part of the community, the other is hated for attempting to take over the entire game.
>inb4 BoB takes over Star Citizen
>>
>>180567156
>hated
hello somethingawful
>>
>>180567214
No one in EVE liked BoB. Not Goons, not Pandemic Legion, not the original Northern Coalition., not Stainwagon, not even highsec carebears. It's been almost 10 years since they got obliterated, and people still hate ex-BoB members.
>>
>>180567587
Uh, no, no one likes Goons. Everyone loved BoB for being gods with selective recruitment.
>>
>>180564780
>EWAR is basically sensor shenenigans/jamming to give you the upper hand in combat.

The Herald is a ship full of sensor which would obviously profit from jamming since its have less weapon and lower agility.
CIG don't intend to have Herald be the only ship that can steal/store infos as it would limit any missions to "only playable with an Herald".

You are a idiot who didn't understand basic stuff, that's it
>>
>bought a Dragonfly and 5 Nox
>don't even have a ship to put them in
help me it hurts
>>
File: ngs.png (897KB, 1004x618px) Image search: [Google]
ngs.png
897KB, 1004x618px
*pulls up on u*
*instagibs ur ass w/ totally unnecessary lasers*
*drives a kilometer off before your model even hits the ground*
>>
>>180567587

When I got into the game they were already gone but I heard about nasty monopolizing BPO deals about rigs. Not even goons did that at some point.

Did goons ever fucked the market on purpose?
>>
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15982-Terminal-Velocity
>>
>>180572531
Yesterday they said the Kue was only going to be available during pre-sale

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: nox gif.gif (811KB, 600x264px) Image search: [Google]
nox gif.gif
811KB, 600x264px
>>180572531
>>
>>180573795
No? They page said the forum title is limited to the presale while the shitty white version is limited to the duration of the concept sale.
>>
Friendship ended with dragonfly

now Nox is my best bike
>>
>>180574502
But why not both
>>
>jaypeg is too expensive to justify buying
>already spent 10x too much on this game
>>
>>180568087

IF THE NOX HAS SWEET ASS GUNS ATTACHED THEN MY DRAGONFLY IS USELESS
>>
File: wakarimasen lol.png (125KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen lol.png
125KB, 256x256px
>>180575409
>mfw i bought like 50 free dragonfly > MPUV upgrades and can switch between them whenever i get bored
>mfw dont need alien bike
>>
>>180575639
But it looks cool
>>
File: Nox For Sale.jpg (49KB, 276x911px) Image search: [Google]
Nox For Sale.jpg
49KB, 276x911px
>>180575191

>Not using your store credit to buy masses of Nox and resell them for 55 to 60 in a few months.

I just used 760 dollars of store credit to buy 19. I'm gonna sell and rebuy every day and after a minimum of 6 days, I should have at least 114 in my buyback for sale to friends (at price) or whoever (for a charge).
>>
File: 1438665244834.jpg (43KB, 338x347px) Image search: [Google]
1438665244834.jpg
43KB, 338x347px
>>180575639
>can switch between them whenever i get bored
Are you aware that they want to get rid of $0 CCUs in the not so distant future?
>>
>>180575690
what store credit? i got like 29k UEC and cant spend it
>>
>>180575639

Your CCUs will go bye bye when they get rid of $0 CCU value tokens soon. Find one you like better soon.
>>
>>180575782

You can't use UEC for purchasing ships, only actual currency in your account that can buy packages and ships.
>>
>>180575762
>they want to get rid of $0 CCUs
you saying they're going to delete dozens of items in my hangar? i dont think so. they are just going to start charging $5 for future ones

>>180575810
i just did the MPUV upgrade, hopefully they leave them on my account but i did it just to be safe

>>180575920
yeah it sucks, im going to save my uec until some non-crap guns are available or some cool limited items pre-release, the cash shop is so extortionate tho
>>
File: tfw.png (247KB, 798x827px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
247KB, 798x827px
>we are charging $5 for technical reasons
oh ben, at least just say you want as much money as possible. cant they be honest
>>
File: 1490832832077.jpg (12KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490832832077.jpg
12KB, 280x350px
>>180576282
>you saying they're going to delete dozens of items in my hangar? i dont think so.
>he doesn't know
>>
>>180576485
i thought they were just stopping doing the free upgrades and adding $5 to them, not deleting them entirely
>>
>>180576637
They were making a big deal out of people using the CCU system for "exploits" by "stockpiling thousands of unused CCUs", which allowed them to get bigger ships for less than their sale price due to shit like the BMM price increase, so at some point they just want to mass delete unused $0 sidegrades.
>>
b o i s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foL9yhOAF1U
>>
What would be a good ship for solo exploration, maybe with one or two other people occasionally, with enough cargo room to hold my space bikes?

I guess the Freelancer, but it's kind of ugly. Next closest thing would probably be the Constellation? But that seems a little too hard to man solo.
>>
>>180576637

they changed that plan. Theres another topic mentioned by Tyler Witkin where he said it would be easier for CIG to delete all $0 CCUs from all accounts, since it's only from 1% of the whole playerbase that does it.

Ergo, they're deleting them entirely, and prohibiting buying $0 CCUs.

That's a 2 step plan, and they've already finished the prohibition of $0 CCUs, Check for yourself.
>>
talk about elite please
>>
>>180578991

Not even nearly as interesting right now, and thats coming from someone who bought Horizons two weeks ago.
>>
>>180578484
oh well, at least i got my mpuv. a dragonfly black was nice to have but the mpuv carries cargo, flies like a ship and can have several passengers in the back firing railguns and missiles. these bikes are mostly cool but not as functional. oh and the mpuv is getting redesigned to have a repair arm :^)
>>
>>180579381
>and can have several passengers in the back firing railguns and missiles.
CIG is going to prevent you from loading up other players in your ship like a clown car, eventually.
>>
>>180579675
>CIG is going to prevent you
Go figure. Realism is a codeword for boring dad garbage.
>>
File: atari.jpg (372KB, 871x871px) Image search: [Google]
atari.jpg
372KB, 871x871px
can i play sq42 on the new atari console?
>>
>>180579732
>waaaah
>>
File: Cg5PEdjUkAApQb1.jpg (20KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cg5PEdjUkAApQb1.jpg
20KB, 600x338px
What a gorgeous looking mining bot this is...
>>
>>180580519
>new atari console
Probably not, but I bet you get Skyrim.
>>
>>180578991
What's there to talk about?
>PvP is cancer
>Trading is cancer
>CG's are cancer
>Exploration takes a special kind of 'tism.
Talk about Hellion or Angels Fall First instead
>>
>>180579381

My fiance has the MPUV, and with all that cargo and carrying capacity, it will make some good usage. She also has a Merchantman, which is why she has it.

(Ironically, the captcha was "match the Jetskis")
>>
I really wish fdad managed CGs better. I'd much rather have lots of smaller ones constantly building on storylines than one big one and then filler ones for the next 3 weeks
>>
Weren't they updating the schedule today? Or did that get delayed too?
>>
>>180582694
They're afraid of the massive backlash once people see that 3.0 won't even be in evocoti until after CitizenCon, with 50% more features removed, of course.
>>
>>180582694
Schedule usually doesn't get updated until after Happy Hour.
>>
>>180582694
>Or did that get delayed too?
The delay got delayed.
>>
>>180583318
no, the delay of the delay was just delayed.
>>
>>180584559
That got delayed too? I thought the delay of that delay was delayed. Or was the other delay delayed instead? That would delay the other delay further.
>>
File: 1233962175126.jpg (178KB, 764x744px) Image search: [Google]
1233962175126.jpg
178KB, 764x744px
>>180585045
>mfw the delay is so intense that it has completely looped around eternity and Star Citizen is released in two weeks.
>>
>>180586670
It actually released at the end of last year. The timelines haven't merged yet. Those other timeline faggots are in for a shock.
>>
Gimme a name for my Orca, I wanna start doing passenger trips.

I'm trying to think of ships from good scifi series but idk.

Also, should I consider joining a faction?
>>
>>180587687
I should mention I haven't played in months, I came back cuz of the update i guess.
>>
Will this game have Proximity voice chat so I can yell memes at people and call them out during PVP?
>>
>>180589085
Shit is supposed to be piped through the speakers in the ship, eventually.
>>
>>180589232
Ye, but like, say we're fighting planetside and I shoot a guy down

I want to be able to walk up to him screaming and tbag him while he's downed and then kill him
>>
File: 1454720056488.png (2MB, 1468x861px) Image search: [Google]
1454720056488.png
2MB, 1468x861px
>>180589502
This is the game dream are made of, anon. Soar like an eagle on your dreams. Also, probably yes, they will be able to hear you. Probably not in 3.0 though.
>>
File: rememer.png (15KB, 1113x84px) Image search: [Google]
rememer.png
15KB, 1113x84px
No Redeemer anytime soon it seems.
Good.
>>
File: 1258933724753.jpg (28KB, 374x351px) Image search: [Google]
1258933724753.jpg
28KB, 374x351px
>>180591259
>removing the redeemer from the store
>rememer atrocious fan-made vessel didn't line up with anything at all and needs to be fucked with again., probably lti sale once they're done with it the second or third time around now.

how can mankind even compete with the likes of the prowler?
>>
>>180579381

The MPUV will eat all your cargo capacity. The dragonfly will have a tractor beam making it useful to load stuff.

The recent bike is just for joyriding.
>>
>>180578268
pls respond I'm too gay and indecisive.

I would have gotten a Cutlass, but they made it bigger and now I don't want it.
>>
>>180592909
Cutlass is the smallest ship that can carry a Dfly. Freeloader is the next step up.
>>
>>180592909
constellation is fitting your bill dude
>>
>>180578268

Starting is the penguin (avenger) followed by the cutlass. The avenger has no place for bikes though.

They are the only strictly solo operable ships that can carry some cargo.
>>
>>180593003
>>180593005
Those timestamps.
>>180592909
Hope this helps with your indecision.
>>
>>180593151

>one or two other people occasionally

Srry. What you want is the freelancer MIS because "fuck those cunts throw dem missiles at them".
>>
>>180593003
Isn't the Freelancer smaller than the Cutlass after the Cutlass rework? At least in terms of internal area. Obviously the Freelancer is really tall.

>>180593005
I actually do want a Constellation, and I'll probably wind up getting one eventually, but it doesn't seem especially good for solo ops.

>>180593151
>>180593286
Yeah, it really feels like what I want is the Freelancer. I just hate the way it looks and the field of view is dogshit.
>>
>>180593617
The Freelancer is still supposed to hold more cargo, and the cargo is harder to scan. The connie Taurus might make sense. Cheapest connie and probably the best ship out of the 3. I own a Cutlass and still might upgrade to a Taurus if the extra crew stations are worth it.

Also a Taurus could carry both my bikes.
>>
>>180593617

I think the base model could be absolute shit in combat though.

My first kill on alpha PU was when I crashed a lancer on a sabre. I was actually turning to face him.
>>
File: 1484359422176.png (273KB, 648x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484359422176.png
273KB, 648x540px
>>180591259
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=72
>ctrl+f Redeemer
>it's actually gone from the store now
>>
>>180593914
>The Freelancer is still supposed to hold more cargo
Than the Cutlass?

>The connie Taurus might make sense
I was leaning toward the Aquila. I plan on doing a lot of exploration, and it'd be nice to carry 2 or even 3 bikes for planetside ops. Although, I guess the Aquila has less cargo space, doesn't it? Or does the sensor suite replace the snub? I can't remember.

Still, there's that crew consideration.

>>180594007
Eh, I messed around with it when it was free fly. Seemed to hold its own pretty well against anything smaller than it that wasn't armed to the teeth.
>>
>>180594130

I have a feeling that ship rules supreme in atmospheric flight. Its a turret.
>>
>>180594165
The cargo capacity in order from small to large:
Cutlass>Freelancer>Connie
All the connie variants have the same cargo room. One of them comes with an Ursa, but you can put an Ursa in a Taurus too.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the new garage they showed is to spawn ground vehicles for people who don't own one. You might be ok with just the base model and get disposable ground vehicles.
>>
>>180594165

That doesnt make any sense from the ship data. The dur and the aquilla have good sensors but the cargo is reduced. Wtf, you explore and return empty handed? What a pile of rubbish.
>>
>>180594461
Fuck. wrong symbol:
Cutlass<Freelancer<Connie
Also, the Freelancer variants vary in cargo capacity, the connie variants don't
>>
>>180594573

If he wants to raid planets he should have either a taurus or a max.
>>
>>180594548
I'm not sure how much loot you think you're gonna find exploring. You're not flying a salvage ship, you're flying a ship designed to find things like mining deposits and jump points and sell off the data.
>>
>>180594740

I was thinking more on the lines of "hey theres a derelict/outpost/wreck there... let me steal everything that is not bolted to the ground".
>>
>>180594726
I think the Taurus is the best value in that price range. That's a lot of ship considering a SH is $30 more and is a one trick pony.
>>
>>180594548
>slightly less cargo capacity
>you return empty handed
???
>>
>>180594886

Aquilla has a rover but the space is the same as the andromeda (also has a snub) which leaves you with shit, and the dur, despite the stats, say that carries less than the base model in the description.
>>
>>180594880

If the Taurus is a dead man's coffin who cant escape interdiction than its scrapped. It will take another 3 years for SC to design those mechanics anyway.

I think the Max will be the blockade runner/smuggler ship of choice.
>>
>>180596047
I don't think it will be that bad. A connie with a good crew is going to be hard to take down. If what CIG said about being able to push the ship beyond its limits is true, a connie should be basically impossible to stop unless you just stumble across one. It will take interdiction and teamwork to stop one for good.
With a person running the shields and power, and an emphasis on survival from the captain and helm, I don't see how you are going to grief a Taurus with non-retarded people for the crew.
>>
File: speed.jpg (91KB, 853x366px) Image search: [Google]
speed.jpg
91KB, 853x366px
>>180596801

>this little detail
>>
>>180597264
Is that the updated info? I wonder what the max size 6 for the powerplant means?

I wanna tinker with ships goddamit. Give me 3.0 Croberto you fuck!!
>>
>>180597264

It could be made a decent combat ship if the players can upgrade armor. The engines compensate. Pirates will have ballistics anyway...
>>
>>180597532
>Is that the updated info?
No, it's ancient.
>>
File: It_is_written.jpg (51KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
It_is_written.jpg
51KB, 480x355px
>>180598019

It must have those 4 TR5's. It must be a dragster. It is written...

>tfw will be interdicted by m50/350R/gladius still...
>>
>>180598185

Also

>hauler racing like a boss
>>
>>180598268
I wish they would have class based racing with static lobbies for non racers and racers. I don't want to race fucking mustangs in my 350r, and they don't like me lapping them and cutting their race short. Multicrew ship racing would be fun as fuck too
>>
File: 1494917833603.gif (2MB, 288x430px) Image search: [Google]
1494917833603.gif
2MB, 288x430px
>>180597264
>Thrust:Weight ratio mattering to CIG, who handwaves the shit out of SCM/AB speeds anyway
>>
File: 2017-06-23-Aims.jpg (92KB, 1798x406px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-23-Aims.jpg
92KB, 1798x406px
Schedule got updated.
>>
>>180601587
How fucking convenient. Just in time for Gamescom.
>>
File: 1290768865462.png (72KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1290768865462.png
72KB, 212x218px
>>180601587
>august
>>
File: CRSC.jpg (1MB, 1904x3672px) Image search: [Google]
CRSC.jpg
1MB, 1904x3672px
>>180601587
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>180605075
>implying they weren't going to launch at gamescom from the start.
Special sneak peek surprise from the gamescom floor. What do you think it will be?
>>
>>180605379
sandi gardner giving head to ben lesnick on stage with multiple different angles of high-resolution high magnification cameras focused on the act and relaying simultaneously to numerous massive monitors for the audience
>>
>>180605870
sandee garndur slurpee succ asmr
>>
>>180605919
>ben lesnick hairy thigh throatfuck asmr
>>
>>180605870
Recorded in stereoscopic 8k and played back on quad imax screens at 32k full 4D. Spacetime bends slightly around Gamescom during the presentation.
>>
>>180606387
>this is the next generation of pc gaming
>>
>>180605870
>>180605919
>>180605994
>>180606387
>>180606474

All of this supported by 3d Musion Eyeliner System, a nuclear powered holographic projection technology that will project giant holograms across the globe in order for humanity to witness this act in mind blowing surround occular displays.
>>
File: smug_stocking001.png (90KB, 269x269px) Image search: [Google]
smug_stocking001.png
90KB, 269x269px
>>180601587
>most things are completely on schedule
>some things are actually ahead of schedule for once
>UI suddenly gets delayed like 2 weeks
>3.0 release mysteriously in time for gamescom
Chris you fucking cunt
>>
>>180606474
>>180606615
If we hit our 7 billion dollar stretch goal, we will develop quantum computing technology to directly implant the memory of all 3 chapters of SQ42 into your childhood so you can remember mark hammil and Skully like you grew up with them.
>>
File: 1293598038303.jpg (21KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1293598038303.jpg
21KB, 140x140px
>>180606893
>>
File: Noel Jean 1.jpg (39KB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
Noel Jean 1.jpg
39KB, 250x257px
>>180606893

Already done. The 90's were the shit!
>>
>>180607191
Uncle Phil is dead. And the 90s were the 80s, but even more pretentious and less self aware.
>>
>>180607316

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBIa8z_Mts
>>
File: strongk.gif (30KB, 431x388px) Image search: [Google]
strongk.gif
30KB, 431x388px
>>180606668
It's almost as if the schedule was a load of crap and they were aiming for a gamescom release in the first place.
>>
>>180607534
>Phil Collins parodies himself with a shitty muppet.
>any Tool video
The nineties sucked, that other anon just has rose colored glasses.
>>180607747
We got 2 more major releases this year, don't forget.
>>
>>180608059

The theme is from the 80's faggot. What? Are you a boomer? lool
>>
>>180608245
No. I was born in the severe dip in birthrates at the end of the 70s due to the shitty economy. Too young to be a gen xalthough I'm included now for some reason, too old to be a milennial.
>>
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
HERE COMES THE GUTTING AND DELAYS BOYS
WE GOT DICKED AGAIN
>>
File: 2017-06-23-Aims[1].jpg (49KB, 1680x379px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-23-Aims[1].jpg
49KB, 1680x379px
what the fuck have they been doing the last 6 months?
>>
File: f5XjIYq.png (439KB, 791x1706px) Image search: [Google]
f5XjIYq.png
439KB, 791x1706px
>>180607747
chris wouldnt lie

remember when he said 3.0 was probably hopefully going to be out by the end of december last year

half way through this year and even the heavily stripped down version isnt out

i swear to god some people like to be scammed
>>
>>180610083
Working on the fidelity pipeline
>>
>modding FDL
>can't decide on mod for hung plas in penis mount

Long range for sniper accuracy, or overcharged for maximum alpha? Efficient need not apply.
>>
>>180610454
What are you modding it for?
>>
>>180610183
Have we not been clear that you goons aren't welcome here?
>>
>>180610984
Murder.
>>
Are there any Sandi pics worth a shit?
>>
>>180611802
Go for max DPS. It's difficult to land shots with a PA at long range, and PAs are godlike at close range because they have a lot of damage and ignore resistances.
>>
File: focused plazz.png (247KB, 1316x418px) Image search: [Google]
focused plazz.png
247KB, 1316x418px
>>180610454
Consider focused. It's better than long range in all respects.
>>
>>180612698

The long range mod is ironically not about the range, though. It's about increasing the shot speed so the rounds travel faster than multicannon shells. Although blowing a 200dmg load at point blank with OC would be so satisfying.

>>180612924

Holy shit. Inara made it look totally lackluster. Literally the only better stat long range has is the damage falloff extending all the way out to max range, but max damage over 4KM is already fucking plenty.
>>
File: 1475534014924.jpg (249KB, 1237x869px) Image search: [Google]
1475534014924.jpg
249KB, 1237x869px
>>180612424
>>
Hey guys, Im a newcomer to SC. Joined February 2017, and I didnt want to buy a ship unless it had LTI, so I bought my first ship, the Kue, and upgraded it to a Drake Cutlass.

This is the max I'm spending past the basic game package is the Drake Cutlass with LTI. I hear it's getting a rework and that its gonna get better so I hope this is a good decision.Was it a good decision?
>>
>>180613830
REFUND
>>
File: woaj9BP.gif (146KB, 174x224px) Image search: [Google]
woaj9BP.gif
146KB, 174x224px
>>180613313

THATS NOT SANDI!!!!

THATS JUST ANOTHER WOMAN THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE SANDI!!!!!
>>
File: eJZRVsj.jpg (409KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
eJZRVsj.jpg
409KB, 1600x900px
>>180613897
>>
>>180611674
no im derek

because i call a scam a scam, you see
>>
>>180613830
Eh, the Cutlass is looking like an OK small multicrew ship. It's slated for 3.0, so we'll see by about mid-august.
>>
>>180614624
I guess it's just a coincidence that you're spamming that massaged goon schedule tracker then, 10bux
>>
>>180614678

I think it will always be ok at what it does. That's why I wanted it. Ok at everything is perfect. And it got bigger for more cargo, and more DPS overall as Ive heard,
>>
>>180615089
The DPS is really going to depend on how well the turret functions, whether that's with someone in it or AI-controlled.

Otherwise yeah, it seems cool.
>>
>>180615213

I hear that the turret got upgraded to 2 S3's on each side of the manned turret. It's gonna be fun as fuck having someone who likes to be a gunner having half the damage of a Sabre's 4 S3 loadout (sans the missiles). I think the other rest of the guns are just 4 S2's from what I've seen in the rework videos.
>>
>>180615375
Bigger guns are nice, but that means nothing if you can't hit anything with them. With the current state of turrets, I wouldn't put all my hopes on them - and this is coming from a Connie owner.
>>
>we have moved the start of the Evocati window to July 7 (please note that much like a space launch, the testing windows indicate the timeframe in which we expect testing to begin and not the start and stop dates of the testing itself).

LMAO
>>
File: Cockpit.jpg (756KB, 700x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Cockpit.jpg
756KB, 700x1421px
Are buccaneer owners even cognizant of how much they got fucked over?
>>
File: xwing thing.png (877KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
xwing thing.png
877KB, 1024x768px
>>180616532
I mean it gives off more x-wing vibes...I guess?

But yeah, it was shitty and one of the main reasons I melted it.
>>
>>180532473
Remember when the ship ads were a huge deal? Now they fart out stuff like this like it doesn't even matter. Their pipelines really have made them way more efficient.
>>
>>180552075
They already have no choice but to procedurally generate at least one planet-covering city. Sean Tracy has mentioned 'city biomes' in the context of procgen environments multiple different times.
>>
>>180616532
There was a thread bitching about it, but any pilot view complaints fall on deaf ears as the cultists have convinced themselves struts blocking your view is a "balancing mechanic" now.
>>
File: Rustling intensifies.png (309KB, 416x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rustling intensifies.png
309KB, 416x512px
>>180601587
>August

Someone better pick up that phone BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!
>>
>>180621195
Truly you are a modern day nostradamus for predicting CIG would end up being months behind on a patch, then rush it out the door half finished to coincide with the date of a major game convention.
>>
>>180616982
I've often wondered why Lucas went with yokes on all the SW ships instead of sticks or some fancy sci-fi control system.
>>
>>180619424
They could easily get away with making most of it non functioning eye candy you'll only see from a far LoD by saying ships are only allowed to travel in specific flight corridors and landing through due to concerns about vanduul attacks or terrorism(and any violators will be given one warning then shot down by artillery or interceptors) and also limit ground travel beyond the sectors around the LZ due to quarantine reasons. It's not even that unrealistic an excuse, really.
>>
File: buccdong.jpg (2MB, 6000x2436px) Image search: [Google]
buccdong.jpg
2MB, 6000x2436px
>>180616532
Yep, melted mine, no donger turret, no amazing view.
>>
File: 1353200071271.jpg (202KB, 1200x894px) Image search: [Google]
1353200071271.jpg
202KB, 1200x894px
>>180622251
He always wanted a WWII in space feeling
Also, cost of practical effect.
>>
File: pit.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
pit.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
>>180622251
because he was a fat nerd of a film maker and he'd only ever seen the inside of airliners?

Even during the cold war all cockpits looked like pic related, which btw is why I say SC is cold war in space, the fighter cockpits are spot on for it.
>>
>>180623181
>SC is cold war in space
Don't tell the SC fanboys that Top Gun style missile fests with guns as secondary weapons really is how SC dog fights are suppose to work, they'll have an aneurysm
>>
>>180623023
most of the iconic WWII fighter planes used sticks though.

And Lucas' prop guys didn't just rip the yokes out of a salvage yard or something, they clearly went to the trouble of building them from scratch and even added an extra control axis to them.
>>
>>180616532
the concept looks retarded
>chair sitting in the middle of a glass box
>>
>>180626190
Yeah fuck visibility, right?
>>
>>180626190
it's not the removal of the glass bottom cockpit he's complaining about. It's that they moved the seat further back for peak strut covered view.

The cockpit as shown in concept would have just had two thin bars in front of the pilot and instrument panel, instead of all the mess the finished product has in the way to obscure vision.
>>
File: t3_64npx7.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
t3_64npx7.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
>>180624202
>TFW I was 73rd on the leaderboards last season.
>TFW Gladiator Pilot.
~95% of my kills were Stalker 5s, I stripped all the smaller missiles off my wings so every reload would be a stalker.

I remain convinced that all other things being equal, a wing of Loaded Glads would assfuck a wing of Supers or Sabres.
>>
>>180624202
Ironic, given that all of my missiles are currently bugged and couldn't detonate on a target if it was sitting still.
>>
File: legoglad.png (414KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
legoglad.png
414KB, 1366x768px
>>180627570
I might be wrong, but not counting the torpedoes, the sabre can currently carry as many missiles as the gladiator or even a pair of S4s now (because fuck that ship actually having a drawback, apparently)

The Gladiator needs a set of missile pylons upped to S4s, go back to flying just a little bit slower than a super hornet, or bigger guns on it's turret (or even better, let us take the fucking thing out and just stick a S3/S4 gun there like the hornet). It feels seriously under equipped for it's role as a hybrid fighter/bomber, especially with the harbinger and eclipse coming

Still one of the best looking fighters in the game though. Shitty landing gear placement, and drop-down seat aside
>>
Hey dudes.
I'm getting the feeling that I get more enjoyment out of just using my X52 for space flight than I do out of the actual content of E:D, are there any comparable X52 compatible space combat games that I should try?
>>
>>180632124
star citizen shows promise
>>
>>180632124
Star point Gemini 2 works with the x52, it's bit fiddly though, there a guide for it somewhere... in fact it's literally one of the only hotas that apparently works with it with for some fucking reason.

Also, X3 or X Rebirth (totally not quite the utter abortion people claim it is)
>>
>>180632559
I got X3: Reunion, Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude in a humble bundle way back before I got my flight system, which one's the best?
>>
>>180633021
Terran Conflict first, then Albion Prelude. Reunion's the weaker of three, and can generally be skipped entierly.
>>
>only play ED when theres a maia haulage CG
Have I become a dad?
>>
Unmelt token when?
>>
File: 1481100603405.png (1MB, 591x1999px) Image search: [Google]
1481100603405.png
1MB, 591x1999px
>>180606668
and you're gonna sit here waiting for it like a good little backer, bitch
>>
>>180562420
IORN PROICE

DO YUOU HVEA PAEPPERS

poor guy has some kind of disability that makes him type like a severely disturbed young child. actually ran into him and his org trying to set up a video at kareah and they were all complete assholes about it, then acting like it was ok because it was just for the video.

couple randoms and I ran a train on his disabled ass and he very quickly left the server because he was wasting his time and couldnt do his video there
>>
>>180637830
Probably 1st of July
>>
>>180639189
>trying to set up a video at kareah and they were all complete assholes about it
This is why I quit making videos. The only good content is from spontaneous multiplayer in games that favor that. Forcing SC content for the sake of making SC content is part of why this community is such cancer.
Hollywood studios with billions in backing can't make professionally made shows that will keep people watching TV. What the fuck makes a YTer think they are going to rewrite entertainment if they can just get these assholes in this game to cooperate?
>>
>>180627570

Isnt the missile loadout of that thing similar to the gladius, the difference being only the torps and the guns?
>>
What's the best fighter right now? I feel like a europoor with nerf lasers flying a mustang alpha
>>
>>180642380
The torps are missiles m9.

Gladius has 4xS3 pylons, Gladiators has the same wing load, 4xS3 Pylons, and Also 4xS5 Pylons in the bay(Technically 2xS6 in the bay, but theyr're fitted with a non swapable mount each hold 2xS5.

The Talon Stalker V "Torpedo" is in fact just a fuckhuge missile with a long lock time and enough payload to instagib any fighter it connects with. It's pretty rare that a Stalker V hit is not a kill or a complete cripple. They're so good that as I was saying I completely strip the 4XS3 wing load so that every missile pickup gives me and S5 back, not an S3. I'd rather have fewer missiles up front and an assured reload on my stalkers than four more S3 missile, but a chance to get an S3 reloaded instead of an S5.
>>
>>180643254
Super Hornet or Sabre. Anything else you buy because you like the way it looks.
>>
Haven't played in a while, is Star Citizen performance better yet?
>>
>>180643378
No, not any time soon either.
>>
>>180643423
Fuck
>>
>>180643254
If you're talking rentals get a Superhornet as per usual. Its generally best and more noob friendly than the sabre, Gladius or vanguard. Don't rent a gladiator IMO, it's niche takes a long time to get used to and if you're not in the groove you just get murdered by ships that can fly circles around you.
>>
>>180426649
Thinking of playing, what is the best group/guild/corp to join?
>>
>>180452743

Small vehicle, no interior, few animations? A lot of work but not nearly as much as even a snub fighter, let alone a big ship with an interior and a lot of structural animations.
>>
>>180644057
Just join the 4chan corp Goons. Tell them you are from this general.
>>
>>180644057
End each transmission with o7, voice and text. That way they will think you are and old player.
>>
>>180456293

That's a little harsh. I would like to see a single seat with a decent cargo capability. but that's just one role.

When you see more ground based pvp, these open canopy racers will be acquiring more roles. Combat carrier with a single passenger and some supplies will be great when we have that kind of play.

So dragonfly is great but I agree that we need a version more suited to cargo and solo questing.
>>
>>180643314

I was under the impression that any decent pilot would just strafe, throw a flare/chaff whatever and lose them.
>>
>>180644734
>>180644596
Where do I find their recruitment forum? Do they have a discord?
>>
>>180644801

Theres no need for it. The dragonfly is also a glorified tractor beam on hover wheels. You park your ship next to the place and you use it as a forklift of sorts to store your loots. Thats great, no need to pack a ursa which will eat your cargo capacity anyway. Unless ofc you have several people and you drop more than one team on a different planet. In that case it will be ursas and noxes.
>>
>>180507471
good thing you dont need visibility when raceing
>>
>>180645192
I don't have it handy, maybe the other anon does. Best thing to do is use the general chat. Problem is, most people aren't watching it, so repeat your message often about wanting to join with the Goonies.
>>
I bought elite dangerous a long time ago and thought i'd give it a go now. I've played for about an hour, what the fuck do I do? I've just been taking cargo to places. Can somebody give me a tldr or something on how to make this game fun.
>>
File: ScreenShot0430.jpg (546KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0430.jpg
546KB, 1920x1080px
>>180643254
Basically you have three choices that are *roughly* close in firepower give or take if you're using mouse or fixed guns:

Buccaneer- Smallest target profile of the three. Super fast, super agile, cheap(er), but fragile as a mother fucker and has the least amount of missiles of the three. Other cons are that the guns and thrusters get blasted off easily by damage, the power plant is tiny, and you're forced to mix three different gun sizes.

Sabre- Larger and slower than a Buccaneer, but can still outrun most anything but racers and light fighters. Has a surprising amount of agility for it's size but it's weight gives it noticeably more drift than the buccaneer or other agile fighters. Falls between the Buccaneer and Super Hornet in durability, but keeps most of it's mobility and firepower even when damaged Has the largest total potential missile payload of the three. It's gun hard points are all the same size for easy monoboating. Supposedly will have some sort of innate radar reduction mechanic that's not in game yet.

Super Hornet- Slowest and least agile of the three, but is the most durable, due to armor plating. (Also considered the most nerf resistant ship in the game) In the middle for total missile payload, but it does has four pylons total instead of two which might be useful later on. May or may not have the strongest power planet of the three. Can carry a 2nd person who controls the gun turret remotely, although that's considered nigh useless. Also of note is that it has far more role versatility than the Buccaneer or Sabre, having stealth, tracking/EWAR, and even small cargo options in addition to it's gun turret module and heavy armor. It's now also the most expensive choice as well unless you have a few old CCU's for it sitting around.
>>
Out of curiosity, can the dragonfly actually "fold" and fly in compact mode in order to snoop around inside derelicts?
>>
>>180643254
No point questioning yourself about that, balance will have completely changed by the time the game is out
>>
Bought the game before the expansions, it's fun now? Quitted because hauling cargo and shooting pirates became boring.
>>
>>180646785
We don't even know how the compact mode works. I suspect it's just gonna be tied to landing mode.
>>
File: QGOkSMI.png (4MB, 2720x1530px) Image search: [Google]
QGOkSMI.png
4MB, 2720x1530px
>>180648484

The game needs some sort of heavy mech/hover equipment to snoop around inside buildings. Something large that wrecks havoc and breaks the spine of possible soldiers.
>>
>>180646785
No, it has to be extended to fly. The folding is purely for transport/storage.
>>
>>180652071

Nothing of this matters anyway. The Game will only be out within 3 years or so.
>>
>>180648831
I think Chris has mentioned mechsuits of some kind in the past.
>>
>passenger mission worth 22 million credits
>15000 light years away
>you will receive payment when you return

jesus FUCK
>>
>>180653191
Muh fuel
>>
>>180652201
Do you mean the Titan armor that requires a power station and stuff?
>>
File: 20170405cs.jpg (2MB, 3000x1685px) Image search: [Google]
20170405cs.jpg
2MB, 3000x1685px
Am I the only one amazed by how Star Citizen aim for many diverse gameplay than overhyping a few ones?

How many game have you difficulty just listing those?

- combat with fighter to medium ship (including all bombing type)
- combat with medium to big and capital ship
- FPS combat with vehicular combat (including as a ship crew)
- cargo, with small ship I include data run
- cargo with big ship (including farming because I can't take it seriously)
- smuggling, include stealth & data stealing
- mining/refueling in roughly two size (and some keep asking for one more)
- one pure scavenger (but it's probably close to mining)
- one repair ship, setup for small or big ship (including repairing as a crew)
- passenger or touristic cruise (include rescue)
- exploration (probably just the go & scan stuff) I include recon & hacking
- ground exploration (may be cool)
- racing (with bike, with small ship, for endurance/speed, with large ship (yes, a minigame to load cargo))

And I probably missed one,
Even the lack of space-ship for some role isn't much of a loss, it just mean the difference will be on skills, coop or prepping your ship with the right equipments.

In comparison E:D is
- space combat with small to medium ship
- roughly one/two size of cargo
- smuggling
- mining
- cargo/passenger transport
- Explore and scan stuff with a rover
>>
what are the warbond limitations?
>>
>>180657485
Warbond just means you can't use store credit it has to be new money.
>>
Something something CIG took out a loan in the UK with a big wig bank.
Goons are rattling their cages shrieking about it.
>>
is there no feels good meme for SC?
>>
File: 1475862570903.gif (4MB, 474x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475862570903.gif
4MB, 474x338px
>>180655671
Note him but yes,
I doubt heavier MECHA will appear, and don't think any vehicle will be able to enter a building. We don't even know how much you can flatten those and if you can run over the rumble.
We haven't heard yet about a battle tank

But we know these spider will probably appear.
>>
>>180657797
>CIG took out a loan
Why
>>
File: Capture.png (157KB, 425x971px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
157KB, 425x971px
>>180658063
no one knows (most open development ever!), but they put up literally everything they have as collateral
>>
>>180658203
>Spends loads of extra time making a schedule and videos about progress
>Doesn't tell the world about something they just did
>Hurr durr CIG doesn't tell us anything
>>
i dont suppose there has been any news about the USB sticks that were supposed to be released with the older physical copies of the game? and if they will be big enough to hold/shipped a copy of the game, this game is shaping up to be a good 70-100 gigs when released, my internet cant handle that.
>>
>>180658531
they don't tell the people who gave them $150M that they're one missed payment away from closing their doors forever, but it's totally cool, because posting bullshit schedules and videos is far more important
>>
File: babyderek.jpg (32KB, 661x619px) Image search: [Google]
babyderek.jpg
32KB, 661x619px
>>180659518
90 days tops
>>
>>180659518
>Hyperbole
>Argument from extremes
Fuck off goon
>>
>>180657797
>>180658203
Source?
>>
>>180480052
can you even play the game yet lol?

im amazed people buy ships and shit for loadsa-$ in an unfinished game.
>>
>>180660092
Nice meme my dude.
>>
>>180653191
Dont take those. You can get missions worth 11mil that require 1/10 that distance if you become friendly with a station.
I dont even know what those missions exist. You can make 22 mil traveling 15kly just by basic scans. A one way trip to Colonia should be worth 30mil by itself imo.
>>
>>180660161
not even memeing, its just fucking hilarious to me lol.
>>
>>180660224
The game has had perfectly playable dogfighting for almost 2 years now, and FPS gameplay for over 6 months.
>>
>>180660306
yeah but who the fuck wants boring dogfights and half assed FPS gameplay? im talking about the real juicy stuff, actual game stuff.

you people blow so much money on this "game"
>>
>>180660504
(You)
>>
>>180660556
thanks but seriously my man, im laughing over here.

im picturing 35 year old men who wants to cool spacedudes, buying expensive digital toys for an unfinished game, the whole premise is super funny.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>180660706
>Is this game even playable
>Hes, theres FPS and Dogfighting modules in addition to a sandbox
>who the fuck wants that
>>
>>180660861
at this point the game is basically a tech demo
>>
>>180660706
>im picturing 35 year old men who wants to cool spacedudes
I'm glad to see at least one other anon ITT talking about Elite.
>>
>>180660958
Dogfighting is far beyond tech demo. FPS, sure.
>>
>>180661089
i mean the dogfighting isnt even that good.
just your bog-standard space battle that hasnt evolved since freelancer.

>>180661040
no im talking about star citizen, elite is actually a fully playable game lmao!
>>
>>180661290
>elite is actually a fully playable game lmao!
Elite is 1/2 finished. FD were just smart enough to actually release their game and can mooch off dumb forumdads with F2P tier cosmetics in a $120 game.
Elite does the same shit that SC does. Elite is just dishonest about it.
I dont particularly like with game's model but do prefer Elite because it at least has aspects other than combat somewhat fleshed out.
Maybe 50 years from now one of them will be a good game.
>>
>>180661809
sc is mooching off dumb forumdads as well, selling digital vehicles for mad sums of money to adult males with a disposable income lol.
im sure they need an additional 350 bucks for a spaceship, even with all that kick-starter dosh they got(lol)
>>
>>180662191
>thinking 2 million dollars are enough to make anything more than a flash game
retarded much?
>>
>>180662696
sorry my bad, kick starer was 2 mil but then they got another 146 million as well lol!

gotta make people by ships though, even in alpha(lololo)

http://nichegamer.com/2017/05/12/star-citizen-nears-150-million-funding-release-date-postponed-indefinitely/
>>
wow its like all of /scg/ is condensed into one single entity by the name of "G6E Beast"

laughing
>>
CIG needs to update their funding page to indicate which stretch goals have been meet
>>
>>180663715
Seems like the kind of guy that thinks Elite is a 100% combat game then got mad when he saw people that actually did stuff other than combat.
>>
>durr CIG makes more money developing the game than they would by releasing it
I'm perfectly okay with infinite development as long as the features keep coming
>>
>>180479883
Well, they have different names at least, so there is that.
>>
>>180664797
>im happy with the game being half finished in 4 years if the updates keep trickling in, slowly

lmaoing directly at your soul you mongoloid retard fuck
>>
>>180664994
>oh god I'm retarded le scam citizen XD
>>
File: 1497142064468.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497142064468.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Infinite delays for content meant to be released 7 months ago
Infinite disappointment for when all the shit intended to come with it is either cut or dialed down immensely
3.0 is just around the corner goys, please buy my space motorcycle
>>
>>180665254
nice rebuttal. how does the burning sensation of being fucked by a fat, rat-like kike mix with the desperate attempt to justify your spaceship purchases

lol

theres a fucker born every minute
>>
elite donger new fag here

i have a decently upgraded cobra 3(rep cost is 100k) and 1 mil credits.

should i keep upgrading it or buy another ship?
in that case would it make sense to keep the cobra or should i sell it ?
>>
>>180665871
It depends on what you want to do.
If you want to do bounty hunting, keep the cobra and keep upgrading it.
For missions, get a type 6 (keep the cobra)
For exploration, get a DBS.
>>
>>180665693
>herbaderb le not le argument KEK! XD
Do the gene pool a favor and fucking hang yourself
>>
>>180666727
>greentext
and he still posts like an invalid as well.
maybe you should take your own advice my dude, you seem sort of special.. but then again i guess that was already implied when you fell for the paid alpha meme lol
>>
Sure is goony today
>>
Don't feed the Troll, what they want are anybody answering them, they don't care if they are wrong, they just want you to answer, don't give them that.
>>
>>180668504
CIG just ignorantly handed them more ammunition. Maybe one day they will behave like they fully understand dozens if not hundreds of people have their company under a microscope, but don't always know what they're looking at.
>>
>>180668620
>anyone who doesn't agree with me, criticize or praise the jewy ways of SC are a troll
nice echo chamber you're constructing for yourself.
why dont you self suck and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done, lol
>>
>>180668620
It's easier to farm (you)s trolling nintendo games anyways
>>
>>180668832
what happened now?
>>
>>180669346
CIG took a loan from one of the most prestigious banks in Britain and people are whining about it because they think they're of of money.
>>
>>180668620
Not your safe space faggot.
>>
>>180670485
I don't think that word means what you think it means
>>
File: lundo.png (76KB, 1605x559px) Image search: [Google]
lundo.png
76KB, 1605x559px
How can the community team still have their jobs after proving themselves time and again to be completely incompetent at what they do?
>>
>>180669596
where is the proof of that? i seen the image with general terms but nothing suggesting that CIG is the one doing it
>>
>>180670804
>not allowed to say anything
>wow they're so incompetent
>>
>>180671383
I asked for a source hours ago and never got a reply, and the only thing I can find on google is a deleted reddit post.
>>
>>180671383
>>180671617
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/charges/W3FsufjDb8gTRZZqoCvnEAJKzSk
>>
My god redditor is a special kind of retard.
"They took the loan after they finished their financial report! Prove they want to hide it!"
>>
>>180670804
>if

redeemer confirmed dead and buried. holy shit.

what will they give owners instead? vanguard hopilites and/or prowlers? jesus christ just goes to show you what fucking efforts from the base community hugbox get you. all of the craft that ended up being evaluated were shit by present standards and the project revolving around generating a fan-made ship has obviously been a failure and waste of time. i wonder how any of the hires that remain from TNGS have hard feelings about it. hopefully not.
>>
>>180657352
Yeah I can't wait for it to do everything terribly
>>
Reminder that Scam Citizen is doomed to fail and Chris Roberts is a proven conman.
>>
>>180671725
what even is this
>>
File: 1492405639691.jpg (118KB, 499x655px) Image search: [Google]
1492405639691.jpg
118KB, 499x655px
>>180674407
begone goon filth
>>
>>180675078
It looks like they had enough of a game to convince a bank to give them a loan. Businesses use loans to do things cheaper than they could with direct investors. It makes no difference to CIG where they get funding from, but direct investors get a chunk of the company and "backers" get digital goods(which inflates the value of all of the other digital goods). Banks get their money back and a small amount of interest. Loans are way cheaper than investors, if you can get them.
>>
>citizencon
>chris roberts walks on stage in his black jacket, and black tshirt and black suit pants and shiny black winklepickers
>big cheers
>sandi comes on stage in her moomoo and makes an emotional speech about how wonderful the community is
>twitch chat is full of cultists telling people to kill themselves
>big action-packed trailer appears behind chris
>not actual gameplay
>will not be seen by the player, in-game
>entirely marketing material like E:D's trailer
>they spent 3000 man hours to create it
>150 employees were pulled from their 3.0 tasks for 3 months to also create a 5 minute SQ42 demo [/spoiler]
>finishes the presentation by showing some new tech and tools and pipelines they spent the last 12 months on without telling backers
>sales spike
>not as much as they hoped for tho
>everyone (who is registered on RSI) is hype
>dissent is drowned out for another 2 months
>december 23rd letter from the chairman
>"oh, we weren't able to release 3.0 by the holidays, we're taking the week off now, see you in the new year"
>ATV 2018 episode 1: the road to citizencon; crunch edition
>no mainstream media site or journalist is even talking about star citizen any more
>a few "clickbait articles" get bombed with death threats
>"never heard of them, they must be shit and nobodies"
>the author changes identities and moves to canada to escape the backlash of asking where the progress is
>/scg/ is active for 2 weeks until everyone goes back to hibernation
>feb 2018 letter from the chairman
>"we'd like to thank you for the huge support of our project and congratulate you on helping us complete our finished product, arena commander"
>everyone confused
>star citizen is abandonware, arena commander 2.6 is literally the minimum viable product
>before derek smart can launch a lawsuit chris is nowhere to be seen
>retired to the bahamas to live in a banu merchantman-shaped mansion
>last seen dragging 2 huge suitcases
>1 million backers pretend they never even liked the game anyway
>>
>>180676745
>feb 2018 release
>implying game launches at all
cultist get out.
>>
>>180676745
Why did you spend the time to type all this shit out
>>
nothing personal, kid
>>
>>180671725
I wonder why CR is only listed on Cloud Imperium Games, while Erin and Ortwin Freyermuth are listed on Cloud Imperium Games, Foundry 42 and Roberts Space Industries.
>>
So, will CIG collapse in between 2 weeks to 90 days, period and furthermore?
>>
>>180680298
What was Derek's last prediction.
>>
>>180680298
CIG already collapsed 49 years ago, they just keep operating anyway to prove Derek Smart wrong.
>>
>>180680298
If they qualified for a loan, we have some time left yet. Insolvent businesses don't get loans. Apparently, they are able to make themselves look profitable on paper enough to borrow against. A bunch of leased offices and mocap of Sandi isn't worth bank collateral.
>>
>>180680390
It should be true now. After CoD infinity War, NMS and MEA have wounded Star Citizen and SQ42, Beyond Good and Evil 2 will surely strike the killing blow? I mean, unless Vivendi buys Ubisoft and cancels it.
>>
File: 1450749805532.jpg (153KB, 827x810px) Image search: [Google]
1450749805532.jpg
153KB, 827x810px
>>
>more planetside 2 garbage
vomit
>>
File: 9svSR0l.gif (2MB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
9svSR0l.gif
2MB, 500x365px
>>
>>180676713
false, singular investors might negotiate for a share of the companys profits, but thats not true of the SC backers, they agreed to a copy of the game and digital goods. a loan is simply lost money on interest, and with the game and all assets as collateral, probably not a small loan
>>
>>180657797
>loan
wtf, so much for that crowd funding. CIG has 160 million dollars. How did they fuck this up so badly? They should not need loans with the amount of money they have.
>>
File: hmmmm.png (73KB, 581x774px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
73KB, 581x774px
>>180683549
>CIG has 160 million dollars
No, CIG has been given 160million over almost 5 years of development.
>>
>>180683549
>>180683663

>$160 billion dollars and still no game

wtf I haet Scam Shitizen now
>>
>>180683179
>but thats not true of the SC backers
Wrong. Digital goods have a monetary value in UEC, and that value inflates(becomes less valuable relative to the whole) every time something new is added. Because UEC is tied to Dollars, there is a minimum floor that UEC can be worth, but that doesn't stop it from inflating. This game is going to be filled to the brim with money sinks to pull currency out of the system. They do that now with paying to skip the respawn, and cryastro service.
Every time a new Connie is made, the value of all Connies drops slightly and the total effective currency in the system increases. This is why there is insurance, to tie a scaling money sink to anything of value. Every time a backer buys in, their ship and items represent currency that was created from nothing. All the ICC and beacon missions, money from nothing. CIG is obviously aware of how the SC currency is inflating already, and adding a bunch of digital goods just makes the problem worse.
Direct investors(which SC has) get a cut of profits directly, if there are any. Loans are by far the cheapest long term financing strategy because there isn't a penalty to the game's currency or the bottom line to use it.

>>180683549
They don't need the loan because they can't afford what they are doing. Having cash from a loan on hand allows them to do things like pay for cloud web services without using reserves of backer money. The profit generated from the gaming servers use will outpace the loan interest without impacting the game's economy or backer money.
>>
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 2009 50 200 250
2 Grand Theft Auto V 2013 137 128 265
3 Final Fantasy VII 1997 45 100 145
4 Star Wars: The Old Republic 2011 200 200
5 Destiny 2014 <140

development/marketing and total
>>
File: oh honey bunny.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
oh honey bunny.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>180684641
>The profit generated from the gaming servers
Tell us what a gaming server is. Also tell us how it generates revenue.
>>
>>180684814
Having 3.0 live generates way more money in new backers than not having it live. The whole reason to have SM and AC as time sink game modes is to improve the retainment and interest of players. They are still clocking over $40k a month in new revenue. Doesn't it seem pretty logical that having live game server to play on now has a big impact on that?

It isn't jpegs that's selling this game every month, it's that people can get online and play now. Having live servers is the main reason they are making money now.

SC is SAAS. The only thing they sell is time on a game server. They literally make all of their money from having this game available to play, and that depends on game servers.

>How does a live game make money from live service?
Don't breed and do consider killing yourself.
>>
>>180684641
wut
the value a frequently periodicly deleted curency has ZERO effect on the real world rights and motives of investors
you dont seem to understand, direct investors of a project could negotiate for shares of a company, the star citizen backers did not negotiate for profits/shares/ownership/directive input or anything other than a copy of the game and digital goods. a bank loan is nothing more than wasted money due to interest.

the one and only reason to get a loan is to keep the company afloat while they tighten their belt
>>
>>180684738
Pretty sure the total investment into Destiny franchise was $500 million, that's including development of whatever games they can cram into that and marketing.
>>
>>180676518
>>180674407

You guys have it all wrong. SC will triumph by the time EvE dies for good (< avg 20k players).

>2 - 3 years.

screencap this faggots!
>>
>>180685336
Not aUEC which gets deleted. UEC which is tied to dollars and eventually what the SC economy will use.
Direct investors get shares of the company or a percentage of profit, whichever they negotiate. From the companies perspective, investors are a big chunk of the profits that they can't do anything about, so raising capital this way comes with a big burden in the future. Using backers to raise money dilutes your game's currency and accelerates inflation. Raising money from a loan comes with a lot fewer strings, and the interest is small when compared to the overhead of investor dividend payments, which come before the money to reinvest in the company does. Loans are the last to be paid, and are used as leverage so that CIG still has the strength of its reserves without having to spend it's own money. It's how all modern large businesses work. They aren't throwing money away on interest, they are using borrowed money to earn a larger return that if they used their own cash reserves only, plus they keep the cash.
>>
>>180685952
>Loans are the last to be paid, and are used as leverage so that CIG still has the strength of its reserves without having to spend it's own money. It's how all modern large businesses work. They aren't throwing money away on interest, they are using borrowed money to earn a larger return that if they used their own cash reserves only, plus they keep the cash.

This is what the United States of Debt actually believes.
>>
>>180686215
It's modeled on the Bank of England model. I don't agree with it, and maybe even CIG doesn't agree with it, but that's what you have to do to play ball.
>>
>>180685835
your understanding of a periodically reset in game currency and its non-existent effect on real world value of a game company is truly astounding
>>
>>180686831
that was for >>180685952
>>
>>180686831

Wtf does that have to do with anything I said lol? The fuck if the shitUEC (or whatever the fuck they call it) resets or if plex is too expensive with devalued ISK or not. The game is boring and it shows. People wants new stuff. But said stuff is fucking hard to achieve, hence the lengthy time.

Still better than releasing a shit game with future promises of grandeur, like walking on stations or FPS gameplay (rip dust).

>CCP cant even FPS, holy shit!
>>
>>180686831
UEC is never reset retard. aUEC doesn't matter and isn't what I was talking about at any point. Not understanding why inflation in a MMO is a big deal is a failing on your part, not mine. I don't want to pay $50,000,000 UEC for an Aurora because they mishandled the game's currency. MMOs with hyper-inflated economies aren't worth shit and are not fun.
>>
>>180687258
>>180686943

Yeah, missed that one, srry. Still true though.
>>
9 0 D A Y S

D
A
Y
S
>>
>>180685274
>Having 3.0 live generates way more money in new backers
I hate to break it to you but there's probably more people playing No Man's Sky right now than are playing SC.
>>
It's convenient to buy ED now on Steam? Or wait for the ayylmaos expansion? What do?
>>
>>180688892
Possibly, but that will turn around when 3.0 launches. I can't imagine how many backers are asleep until 3.0 launches, much less how many new people will buy once 3.0 is real.
>>
>>180689120
Yeah but 3.0 doesn't even include the planets now, just some moons. It's taking like 4-6 times longer than CR predicted to create this stuff, not including all the cut content.
>>
>>180689120

It'll do even worse than ED's launches. Calling it now.
>>
>>180689242
I thought 3.0 was going to be much less. I just wanted 2.6 running on the new tech, then they could add all the other stuff in small patches. We would have had that now and maybe it would have been smooth and fun to play. The performance is what gets in the way mostly. They have to get the game to not be shit before they add a bunch of content. If they eventually get to a single instance, the delays would have been worth it.
They got enough to use it for collateral for a loan, I'm sure a bank is not going to hand a game dev money until they see something tangible. I wonder what their pitch to the bank was to get the loan?
>>
File: C7ZX4hpU0AAY7tE.jpg (44KB, 750x401px) Image search: [Google]
C7ZX4hpU0AAY7tE.jpg
44KB, 750x401px
RSI is strictly a meritocracy. Nobody takes advantage of backers money.
>>
>>180689305
ED did ok and even built a community. Problem was they shit all over everyone and catered to joyless forum faggot dads who think ED is a sim. SC has more community than ED ever will and it's not even a game yet.
>>
>>180690074

The tits on the right weight as much as two Sandi's! How can they come up with that much cake?
>>
Dan if you're reading this, the community needs you to uncover the truth about this loan.
>>
>>180689895
I don't have a problem with the game taking 6 years to make. What I have a problem with is being sent constant reminders to give them money and how they are focusing on ships sales instead of the game. And on top of that, the constant reminders that they have re-done almost everything, at least once.

Like really, how many people are going to mock Star Citizen for their generic tacticool weapons not having enough polygons? I don't need to be reminded in every AtV that they've spent a whole month reworking a handful of weapons that are in the game, and then finding out it takes at least 3 weeks to create a new one.

Do they need to send every ship back to be reworked after Chris looks at them after 2 years and thinks they look dated?

There should be millions of NPCs in this game spread over hundreds of planets, landing locations and in NPC ship interiors and I honestly don't think they've got more than 50 in a presentable state. All the nightmare insider things I heard about CIG seem like they are probably true.

What my problem is, is Chris milking the community with deadlines and stuff, and spending stupid amounts of time making pointless things like the now MIA sqlude or Jeremy Clarkson videos to sell ships and focusing on stupid unfun shit while there's a whole game nowhere near finished.

Backing Star Citizen is like being in a long distance relationship where you have to wait 6 years (or more) before meeting that person. There's only so many times you can jerk off over jpgs before getting bored.
>>
>>180691586
>the constant reminders that they have re-done almost everything, at least once.
That's part of it. Literally every game iterates and replaces things. This is not unusual, or the end of the reworks.
If you looked deeper in the xml files for the ships, all the ships that are being refactored had all this extra geometry in their files. The Aurora was the last ship to get reworked with the extra geometry. That's why the Mustang hasn't been reworked, it never had the extra parts. Same with the Avenger.
I disagree with you on the NPC part. If the backend service works like they intend, you could easily have the NPC density they want. They have automated literally everything about how NPCs work, there won't be any reason to see them everywhere.
>spending stupid amounts of time making pointless things like the now MIA sqlude or Jeremy Clarkson videos to sell ships and focusing on stupid unfun shit
Most of this game is hype based up until now. As much as I would wish they would stop, interest would dry up and there is no second launch. They pulled the trigger, now CIG has to sing and dance until they deliver, or everyone walks away.
I'm bored as fuck with all this myself, but I knew this was the longest content drought of the whole project. CIG had to end the hand waving and deliver. So we get this huge drought and then supposedly something resembling a game, just in time for Gamescom.
This is just the shittiest part, then it will be over, in another month or two. Then that will get boring quick, but we will have smaller patches by then so fuck it.
>>
>>180693205
I think a large part of my disinterest and cynicism is caused by the fact that Smart's shitposts and accusations seem to have even a touch of validity to them.

I can't honestly believe what CR said at Citizencon 2016 was true. I don't like believing that someone is lying to me.
>>
Requesting the picture of Ben Lesnick destroying the Goon menace on the forums

You know the one, with the quick rundown.

Bogpill style.
>>
>>180693709
Literally nothing he has ever predicted has come true. None of it. There were a few disgruntled employees and probably some things common to game development DS would had read into, incorrectly.
DS is like Alex Jones for SC. He's probably on the payroll to stir shit up and be an easy fall guy for any dissenters to be lumped in with. I'm not sure you could plan a better anti hero to CR.
>>
>>180693880
>>
>>180694217
>implying there are people who don't enjoy cheese
>>
>>180694070
I mean the "3.0 before 2017" thing he said. Then 6 months later they were planning to create tools to make 3.0 possible, etc.
>>
>>180691586
>Do they need to send every ship back to be reworked after Chris looks at them after 2 years and thinks they look dated?

You have no idea, anon. Literally nothing gets through without his approval and the man's autism is legendary. Ships, weapons, engine, benny machine models, sounds, lights, etc. Everything has has multiple iterations all of which throw several months of work away just because Chris is feeling a certain way a certain day, or decided it would be really cool if the game had this or that, meaning nothing is compatible anymore and has to be reworked, but of we still need money to make the game so get those jaypegs out.

SC is not a scam, Chris honestly wants to make the best game ever, but that's also kind of the problem.
>>
File: DuncanFuckingRhodes.jpg (259KB, 1047x839px) Image search: [Google]
DuncanFuckingRhodes.jpg
259KB, 1047x839px
>>180694217
Thanks senpai
>>
>>180614940
i guess, i mean images are so heavily restricted

600bux on jpegs
>>
>>180694474
fuck off goon
>>
File: 1498355203238.png (592KB, 1380x846px) Image search: [Google]
1498355203238.png
592KB, 1380x846px
>>
>>180648831
>>180655671
theres some pretty strong confirmation that small power armor units are at least something that they want to add in a few videos

one of the caterpillar vids detailing possible module replacements goes pretty hard on it and i know chris has brought it up at least once. super low priority long term feature
>>
>>180694485
You can see just how uncomfortable everyone else in the company is around him because they never know when Chris is going to walk in the room and go "Okay guys. stop what you're doing. We need a worm and 200 different models of xi'an dildos for the next demo at Citcon."
>>
>>180694402
>implying Ben can digest anything but cheese
>>
>>180694217

>da goons

As dead as their game of choice lel

>http://www.eve-markets.net/detail?typeid=44992
>>
File: ScamCitizen.jpg (122KB, 998x437px) Image search: [Google]
ScamCitizen.jpg
122KB, 998x437px
RIP Scam Shitizen
>>
Can you feel coming it in the air tonight? Can you smell the rising panic? All your shekels... gone, like nerd tears in rain. All you will have left are your jpegs and your shattered dreams.
>>
>>180700873
90 days
>>
Post photos of Sandi. She's the savior and queen of Star Citizen. I love her, she's super organized and kicks Chris' balls.
>>
joy stick
hornet USB sticks
dozens of stretch goals

i wonder what we'll see at citizencon, it would be cool if they show a bunch of progress and those physical items
>>
>>180657352
honestly, I think SC made a mistake making so many small ships. Stuff like the cutlass, freelancer and vanguard are what should have been classed as "small" ships. And tiny one man fighters like the gladius or hornet turned into strictly short ranged carrier based ships without any jump capabilities.
>>
>>180705357
But I want to fly an X-Wing
>>
>>180673113
It's the result of CIG's weird spaz out about people hording old banu merchantman CCUs as 100 dollar off coupons. Redeemer to BMM were the most common CCU's people were hording so removing the option to buy the redeemer breaks the CCU. Apparently, they really, really didn't see this coming when they started jacking up ship prices by the hundreds instead of in 10-20 dollars increments even though it should have been blindingly obvious.

Nevermind that they probably just sold three times as many BMM's for 250 dollars a pop than they would have otherwise, and in the end, made more money overall because because of those Redeemer to BMM CCU's. There's even people on reddit and the official forums who will totally unironically claim that buying a ship jpg for 250 dollars instead of 350, is literally ripping off CIG.

I'd assume the Redeemer will come back on sale a year or two from now when CIG is finally ready to work on it and with a greatly inflated price tag.
>>
>>180705796
>Multiple EU star wars books make jokes about how stupid and impractical the x-wing having jump engines being used for long distance travel is. And even Luke apparently cheats and goes into force trances in order to stand traveling in one.

At best the only reason you'd ever equip a one man fighter for long distance space travel is so you can make quick surprise strikes immediately coming out of a warp/quantum/FTLtravelmacguffin jump, instead of wasting time having a carrier deploy the ships upon arriving at the target.
>>
>>180700873
So, is there any particular reason you aren't linking to a direct source there, instead of a picture showing only a part of the original text?
>>
Funny, haven't been playing ED or following this thread for couple of months now. I thought to check it out to see if the 3.0 has been actually coming along. Didn't surprise me at all. Doom and gloom in the horizon. Shame really. Now is the high time for them to show a playable game instead of selling jpg images of ships.

I'm sure that they will come up with a huge trailer instead and people will still believe what they say... So if it's "delayed" to Gamescom 2017 which is in August they have plenty of time to do a magnificent trailer with "gameplay" footage.
>>
>>180694070
Alex Jones is actually right about shit on the regular, though, and when he's not talking about things like leaks, he always cites his sources and studies.

Derek Smart just repeats things he wants to be true as fact because he has a hateboner for Chris.
>>
>>180694485
>SC is not a scam, Chris honestly wants to make the best game ever, but that's also kind of the problem.
desu I'm happy to keep throwing money at them from time to time to fuel Chris's autism.
>>
>>180712837
>Alex Jones is actually right about shit on the regular, though, and when he's not talking about things like leaks, he always cites his sources and studies.
rofl
>>
File: 20170625003717_1.jpg (546KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170625003717_1.jpg
546KB, 2560x1440px
why can no other ship compete?
>>
>>180700873
>They have failed to ship ANY project
I was just shooting people in a space ship last night

>>180711125
>Doom and gloom in the horizon.
People are literally constantly coming up with reasons why SC is doomed.
>>
>>180713230
>I just listen to facebook memes
>>
>>180713427
>only facebook normies know that Alex Jones is a nutbag
>being this deep in the /pol/ bubble
>>
>>180713795
Have you read any of his citations? No, of course not. Keep being ignorant, fuckboy.
>>
>>180713795
When he's talking about down to earth shit, alex jones is generally pretty on point.

Its when he get high/drunk/both and goes on a tangent about the multi-dimensional space vampire pedophile Illuminati that he starts to lose people.
>>
>>180713873
Keep harrassing the parents of dead kids because you think a school shooting was a false flag then, friend.
>>
>>180714157
>I didn't watch the Megyn Kelly interview

Typical misinformed space cuck.
>>
>>180694485
If only terrorists would attack Gamescom and manage to kill Angela Merkel, Sandi, and Chris Roberts in the mayhem...

A man can dream.
>>
>>180713062
sad! adult male with disposable income squanders it on video game.

lol
>>
File: 1484924565994.png (808KB, 1163x1573px) Image search: [Google]
1484924565994.png
808KB, 1163x1573px
>>180691586
>complaining about rework
It happen in every game you know. Especially the big AAA franchise
You just had never heard about it because they don't like to publish what unpleasable fanbase call weakness or you never cared to look at a Making-of

>reworking ship
Of course they had to rework ship, some relied on feature that were dropped, other didn't make use of new feature. This is unavoidable with a game of this scale.

>complaining about feature not being completed before they are made
Many features can't work unless others are complete as well, that's why you don't get sold "half a car, brake are still being designed"

The same happened in many game you've bought, you just don't know about it because you only heard about them the day it's being distributed.
>>
>>180705357 >>180709164
First, it's been said space-fighter can Jump by sacrificing a "equipment slot" for armor or stuff.
So at least some Org will have the mean to minmax it like that.
Second, it's not an mistake, we might finally get a game where all spaceship aren't do-everything player-class.
Third, as much as I love the idea of coop, enforcing it too strictly in a MMO were you have to progress at least by yourself wouldn't work well.
You would be incapable of having combat mission over long distance without needing a player or NPC carrier.
>>
File: DS harrassment.png (79KB, 857x754px) Image search: [Google]
DS harrassment.png
79KB, 857x754px
>>180714592
>I'm not Derek I swear!
Nice 4chan is the only place you can say that right? On your tweeter account you would get the cops on you
>>
>>180714592
How long do you think it will be until Chris is forced to lay off employees at his German office and hire refugees as replacements?
>>
>>180721889
this image was made by someone who purchased star citizen and a 100 dollar ship
>>
>$152,000,000
>still no game after 5 years
>takes out loan
Lel
>>
>>180725656
90 days[/spoiler
>>
>EHHHH WELL because we’re not… we’re not… we… we have a TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH… so uhhh… star… there… there’s like… I’m not interested in having a BILLION or a QUINTILLION or EIGHTEEN QUINTILLION star systems that are all RANDOMLY PUT TOGETHER so… all we do… so the PROCEDURAL… PROCEDURAL PLANETS is a BAD WORD FOR IT, what it is is… they are ARTIST AND DESIGN DRIVEN PLANETS THAT USES PROCEDURAL TECHNIQUES TO EHM LIKE BUILD OUT AREAS QUICKLY. So… but in terms of the planet like specify… like HOW YOU BUILD it… like where the mountains will be where the oceans will be where the desert will be where the forest will be… that’s all SPECIFIED by an artist at a higher level… and then they build, ehm… sort of TEMPLATES COMPONENTS where procedural tech can take all the higher level, uhm, like… kind of WORLD… and the WORLD HEIGHT MAP… and it applies the SETS of like ‘OK, here’s the… here’s like a FOREST BIOME or here’s a MOUNTAIN BIOME or here’s a DESERT BIOME’ and the it puts them, paints them in areas somewhere the artist has specified…
>>
>>180725656
If SC dies I won't even be mad. It had a good run, made a lot of hype, but is placed in hands of the wrong people. Maybe try a different engine next time
>>
>>180726102
Are you mad?
>>
the amount of salty goons around just tells me that everything could not be going better. I'm going to laugh my ass off when they swallow their pride and have to pay full box price for this amazing game on release. see you goons in the 'verse!
>>
File: 13789843125.png (82KB, 252x258px) Image search: [Google]
13789843125.png
82KB, 252x258px
Boiler Room general
>>
File: 1429811517553.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1429811517553.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>180728120
>on release
>release
the game is not even half way complete after all this time, you delusional mong.
its retards like you who allow companies like them to keep on making changes to their game which in turn delays them further

"oh but he just wants the game to be perfect, so i'll buy a ship(lol) from time to time and give them resources to develop the game, i dont care how long it takes, i just wanna keep being teased and fucked"
>>
>>180726102
Just once I want to hear a space game dev say "multiple star systems? Are you insane? Do realize either much work and time it would take to do that properly or how dull it would be if it was all just procedural generated random shit? No we're just going to limit the game's map to a future version of our own solar system, so we can really make sure it's all well done and special."
>>
>>180713358
>I was just shooting people in a space ship last night

Anon, I'm $300 in.

That desync prone bullshit is not what any of us pledged for. There are $10 indie games that do that part better.
>>
>>180712837
>Alex Jones is actually right about shit on the regular.
That guys is as fake and see through as Sandi's acting. He is literally a performance artist. He isn't accomplishing anything other that burning up airtime and making his listeners into insufferable fucks. Jones is the definition of controlled opposition and if you think he ranks any hire than a professional wrestler, you are deluded.
>>
the biggest issue with star citizen is Chris Roberts
>>
>>180730273
What's weird about that is that CR is only listed on CIG where Erin and that other guy are listed on all 3 companies. It's like Chris was a figurehead from the start to take all the heat off of the people who actually run shit.
>>
Did you know?
There are 3 co-founders of Cloud Imperium Games
Star Citizen's companies, actually owned by 3 people, are run by someone you have never heard of.

ReThinkSC.org
>>
>>180731345
>Erin
>Ortwin
>never heard of
>>
File: OrtwinFreyermuth.gif (45KB, 205x276px) Image search: [Google]
OrtwinFreyermuth.gif
45KB, 205x276px
>>180731748
Erin of course. Literally who the fuck is Ortwin Freyermuth though? Just the lawyer? He's listed as a co-founder.
>>
File: zkdvspflvwjy.jpg (456KB, 5760x3600px) Image search: [Google]
zkdvspflvwjy.jpg
456KB, 5760x3600px
>>180713313
Clipper looks just as good, and turns better.
>>
>>180731912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhyO26bVVw
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (464KB, 616x691px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
464KB, 616x691px
>>180732026
To add on to that, most backers probably haven't heard of him, but it's not like he's some nebulous figure who never appeared anywhere.
>>
>>180732026
If Chris is the brains and Erin is the brawn, what does that make Ortwin? Backers and loans are the money, so is he is something else?
>>
>>180733168
why do you need to be spoonfed like a retarded reddit user?
>>
>>180733842
From his own page:
>Presently, Freyermuth has a law practice focusing on financing and production of US-European co-ventures and co-productions in film, television, and video games as well as on intellectual property and corporate issues.
Pretty on the nose. He must have a huge impact on how the entire company operates, but he rarely gets a mention. Now CIG has a loan from a bank and no one has any idea why.
>>
>>180728763
Sure, it's got bugs, but do say they haven't shipped *any* project is completely delusional.
>>
>CIG takes out a loan
>everybody lose their minds

Since when is this anything new? I recall them taking out loans before, there was no such reaction. Just about every company under the sun takes out loans regularly, regardless of financial situation. Loans are versatile tools, with many different application, but with CIG it's all instantly doom and gloom. Do people really want them to fail this badly?
>>
>>180736190
No, you don't understand CIG is DOOMED. Why would they need more money, man? Look, I don't know ANYTHING about business for finance, but I KNOW this isn't good. Consider my eyebrows raised, cmdr o7
>>
>>180736190
>collateral is everything the company produced and ever will produce
gee I wonder why
>>
>>180735350
>its got bugs
understatement of the fucking century
>they haven't shipped *any* project is completely delusional.
If we're talking something that actually resembles what they pitched, they haven't. I'm not the guy that claimed that but I can see the angle.

>>180736190
You think that companies regularly take loans out on everything they own, anon?
>>
>>180736373
That's also standard if you're a start-up.

Banks don't want your collateral. It's only there so that they get SOMETHING if you don't pay them back. Banks want your interest. They don't give out loans unless they're reasonably sure you'll pay it back. Considering this bank is some snobby bourgeois shit, and considering they probably don't give a fuck about video games, I doubt they see much risk in loaning money to CIG.
>>
>>180736524
>If we're talking something that actually resembles what they pitched, they haven't. I'm not the guy that claimed that but I can see the angle.
Oh, I definitely agree. What we have today is NOT what they pitched.

But it's completely hyperbolic to pretend like they've released nothing of value.
>>
>>180736524
CIG doesn't really own anything except their IPs and maybe office equipment, so they don't have anything else to put as collateral.

I mean, it's not rocket science. They don't own property, their offices are on lease, so what else would you propose they'd use? If they want to take a loan, the only collateral they CAN use is the game.
>>
File: elite dangerous vision.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
elite dangerous vision.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I put in 100 hours in Elite: Dangerous, got bored of it, and haven't touch it in a year. Now that Horizons is on sale, is it worth getting or is it just window dressing if you got bored of the base game?
>>
>>180736779
Adding on to you, no they can't put up part of the game as collateral. They bank isn't going to want some mocap data, or some ship models. Those are almost entirely useless on their own. They only have value in the context of the game, meaning the game itself has to be the collateral.
>>
>>180733081
>900 years in the future
>t-shirts and blazers
>>
>>180736779
All the fanboys and their mothers have been saying that if CIG is smart they've invested their funds somewhere.
So how about putting up those investments as collateral?
>>
>>180737432
>All the people who have no information about anything have been speculating all kinds of shit because why not

ftfy
>>
File: 1486786973401.jpg (6KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486786973401.jpg
6KB, 216x200px
wait what in the fuck Starnetwork isn't coming in 3.0? What the fuck I thought that was going to fix the fps? why did they remove it? I've been out of the loop for a while.
>>
File: 1493993353136.jpg (71KB, 384x494px) Image search: [Google]
1493993353136.jpg
71KB, 384x494px
>grey market sellers

>that one guy who bought a javelin and then listed it for $6000 on reddit
>>
>>180737659
They removed it because it turned out to be physically impossible to do.
Or perhaps because it's simply delayed to a later patch you dumb fuck.
>>
>>180737659
Network bind culling isn't in 3.0, some other stuff is.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
>>
>>180736976
Window dressing.
>>
>>180737836
how the fuck are you supposed to properly play 3.0 then if it would still lag/stutter? you chucklefuck
>>180737861
fucking bullshit then how they were claiming that it would come with 3.0 last year
>>
>>180737824

>still trying to make a profit on the grey market

its not 2015 anymore, senpai.
>>
>>180737836
>>180737659
"StarNetwork" is not some monolithic system, it's made up of many parts that they are implementing continuously. First up in 3.0 will be Serialized Variables that they've discussed in one of the recent AtV videos.

Seriously, watch the fucking AtV videos.
>>
>>180738132
They don't need bind culling, they doing something entirely different now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4m2nwn5wT8
>>
File: 544.png (220KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
544.png
220KB, 373x327px
>>180714592

Tips fedora good sir. Line up your things and show us your knife and sword collection.
>>
>>180738198

Im not a backer or investor but if I was I would buy the 325a.
>>
>>180738471
>They don't need bind culling, they doing something entirely different now.
Thank god someone else gets this. There are no bindings to cull if the connections are managed from the start.
>>
>>180738659
I think they wanted to have bind culling initially as a bandaid fix for 2.6 until they got serialized variables to work, but ultimately decided that it'd be a waste of time and resources better invested in long term solution.
>>
has there been any news on the terrapin? i've been sitting on this cutlass to terrapin upgrade for a while and im not sure if i should use it or melt it.
>>
File: 1497559838713.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497559838713.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>180739015
Greybox is more or less done.
>>
is having LTI a big deal? also wondering what "warbond" means on the Nox.
>>
>>180738861
I agree. I think they couldn't go half way and had to commit fully to the new systems to even make 3.0 work. Old shit like bind culling wasn't needed for the new tech.

Holy shit we hit the bump limit.
>>
>>180739145

LTI means free base-level insurance for that ship, it will be replaced with the stock equipment it came with originally. Also, based on its general cost/rarity, it will take longer to replace as it has to be built and shipped to you.

"warbond' ships can only be bought with cash, you can't use refunded money to buy them. i have a feeling CIG was doing this because everyone already has hundreds of dollars in ships and they would just melt them down to buy the new ship of the month.
>>
New guy here, I'm buying the aurora game package and the Nox. Do I need a fighter ship too or am I already good? Also does the Aurora come with LTI? is that a big thing to consider?
>>
>>180739350
Upgrade your Aurora to an LN and you will have a starter fighter. LTI is just something to brag about later. There isn't a way to have a game package ship with LTI, so don't worry about it. Insurance will be cheap.
>>
>>180739350

the aurora is a starter ship so it will be able to do combat as well as other things, it will just be pretty mediocre at it. LTI has been a bit of a meme for a while and is less important than people think, especially for an aurora which will most likely be the cheapest ship in the game, also most packages come with a month or two of insurance anyway so that will be more than enough to cover replacement until you can actually afford better ships.
>>
>>180737432
Because CIG-UK isn't the branch that has those investments. :)
>>
>>180739561
>>180739516
I see, also do I need a cargo ship for the Nox? Will it fit in the Aurora?
>>
>>180739734
The Cutlass Black is the smallest ship that can transport a bike atm. You could probably expect to either spawn your bike where you need it, or there will be plenty of eager cargo ships to transport it for you, if that is ever needed.
>>
>cig in financial trouble

happened a lot later than expected desu but im glad all the mismanaging of the funds have finally caught up with them
>>
>>180740124
(You)
(o)
(u)
>>
File: 2017-06-23-Eoy.jpg (1MB, 3302x3258px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-23-Eoy.jpg
1MB, 3302x3258px
>>
File: plate.jpg (80KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
plate.jpg
80KB, 600x634px
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

~2014 I bought an Aurora game package with my buddy, we flew it around in early arena commander, did whatever. Now, checking back, my game package is fucking GONE, just dissipated. No account history, said I never had a game. Has this happened to anyone else, and how the fuck do I get my $40 credited?
>>
>>180741393
email support. they are actually pretty decent, once they reply.
>>
>>180741619
Thanks man, just put in a support ticket. How long does it usually take for them to get to requests?
>>
>>180741724
banker hours. be patient.
>>
File: 64573452.png (17KB, 1057x152px) Image search: [Google]
64573452.png
17KB, 1057x152px
>>180740124
not sure how true this post is but it makes sense.
>>
>>180742408
Getting a big loan is a good sign not a bad one.

Someone make a new bread, dammit.
>>
>>180742678
b-b-b-b-but loans are b-b-b-bad because d-d-d-debt
>>
So what are the chances of the delta patcher being released for 3.0?
>>
>>180742875
It's in internal testing right now, so I'd say 100%
>>
>>180742678
>Getting a big loan that is secured against ALL OF YOUR ASSETS is the sign of a healthy company.

Really makes you doublethink.

Nothing to see here, citizens. Keep investing in shipcoin.
>>
>>180742964
I remember in the second to last AtV, they also said copy patcher 3 was also in internal testing. Why would they be testing that if they planned to have the delta patcher out the door soon?
>>
>>180743054
>secured against ALL OF YOUR ASSETS

if you know you can pay it off why does it matter?
>>
>>180743076
To check them against each other to see if delta patcher works well. If there are discrepancies, then something needs fixing, if not, it's good to go. It's an insurance more than anything.
>>
>>180743054
Look poorfag, business loan don't come any other way. You can't secure a loan against part of a business, that why this is split up into different businesses with only one of them getting the loan. All of CIG takes the loan, but SC is more than just CIG, it's 3 companies.
>>
>>180743128
You're right, when people will blindly give you money, you can pay off any debt.
>>
>>180743054
>>180743265
This.

The only time you get to put up "part of a company" as collateral is when you're a rich and established company with stock.
>>
>>180743054
If they have enough cash to pay off the loan right now, it makes sense to take it and have some overhead capital free. Collateral doesn't matter if you can pay anyway.
>>
>>180743307
Well thanks for finally admitting that CIG isn't really in financial difficulties, goonie
>>
>>180742408
>they actually fucking believe this
>putting the entire company as collateral
>nothing wrongs
>Ford fucking got blasted for it when they did it back in 2008

You guys are fucking delusional, holy fuck, I thought people were joking about SC fans, but holy shit this thread. Just had to see it myself. Bank knows the backers are brain dead sheep and that's why they even considered it. Rev up those jpegs time to milk the cult.

Enjoy your hugbox felles, I hope nothing burst it because I don't want you anywhere my games.
>>
>>180743849
>Ford fucking got blasted for it when they did it back in 2008
Ford is the only company that didn't get a handout. Ford is the king of US automakers now as a result.
Thread posts: 785
Thread images: 136

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.