[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 135

File: ___Happy spider.jpg (510KB, 1500x917px) Image search: [Google]
___Happy spider.jpg
510KB, 1500x917px
Last Thread : >>180025407

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
File: 1497779473552.png (4MB, 2047x2712px) Image search: [Google]
1497779473552.png
4MB, 2047x2712px
>>
why do you insist on using that spider for OPs
>>
ded
>>
File: __Kumo says Noooo Waaaaaaay.jpg (20KB, 289x192px) Image search: [Google]
__Kumo says Noooo Waaaaaaay.jpg
20KB, 289x192px
>>180213307
Not if we take care!
>>
File: 20161124110523_1.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161124110523_1.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
So can I present a few games?
>>
File: grey gard.png (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
grey gard.png
54KB, 320x240px
Can I talk about RPGmaker games here? Just finished The Grey Garden and wanted to say that it was enjoyable enough, even if the gameplay was kinda boring. Though that one scene in the bonus room did bother me quite a bit.
>>
>>180216119
>Can I talk about RPGmaker games here?

Considering how recurring OneShot discussion is, yeah I'm pretty sure you can.
>>
>>180216119
How's The Grey Garden? I wanted to play it because it looked cute, but apparently it's also gory and has loli buttsex.
>>
i wish rpgmaker would show up in the humble bundles again ;__;
>>
>>180216701
There wasn't any buttsex. Most of the gore isn't very radical, it's mostly lot's of blood loss when someone gets wounded after battle. I'd say give it a try, though it would be a good idea to play Mogeko Castle beforehand if you'd like to know what the weird yellow creatures are.
>>
How do I force myself to play games that I think I will enjoy? I have OneShot sitting in my library since it's release, but for some reason I'm reluctant to play it and play games that I have very low expectations for instead.
>>
>>180216119
>Can I talk about RPGmaker games here?
Considering this general started on OFF and LISA, yes, obviously.
>>
>>180218450
Just do it. Start the game up without thinking about it. Hit the button to begin a new game right away.
>>
You know...

I think the pawns in Rimworld all deserve to die.
>lots of survival meals ready
>nope, better eat that raw meat
>>
>got into absolver beta
>too busy playing AoD
I should do another run of underrail too at some point
that was 90 hours of fun
would have to figure out a good magic build though
>>
Hello
>>
>>180220769
>can't play good vidya because you are too busy playing other good vidya

You know, now that I think about it this is a very nice problem to have.
>>
Which race, /indie/?
>>
>>180223507
Full human party, naturally. What kind of question is this?
>>
>>180223507
Go for HUMAN.
>>
>>180223507
>considering being a subhuman
>>
Do you have to side with Varro in AoD? I'd rather not betray Gaelius but I'm not seeing any option to report Varro
>>
>>180223992
>>180225237
>>180227060

no wonder /indie/ is dead, everyone in it has shit taste
>>
>>180227482
Nah, you will have to choose who to side with after you've done a couple of quests for him. Varro's a much better bro than Darista though.
>>
>>180223507
How Leonar, Drake and Wolfin look like? Asking for a friend
>>
>>180228542
Top right is Wolfin. No idea what the other two look like, I haven't played the demo and there are no screenshots of them
>>
>>180228492
>you will have to choose who to side with after you've done a couple of quests for him
ah nice, thanks
>Varro's a much better bro than Darista though.
I suppose, but Darista's way of thinking isn't wrong. Meanwhile Varro just wants to save his own skin at any cost it seems
>>
>>180228723
Selara looks like a Leonar
What the fuck Darriat is?
Also all portraits look in general a bit derpy but that's not a big deal
>>
>>180228934
think hes a Barrower

and yeah youre right, she is a Leonar
>>
>>180223507
>all those options
>no lich

God fucking damn it. Is it at least possible to become a necromancer?
>>
>>180230138
I don't think "lich" is a race in most fantasy settings, it's mostly one of the states of being a conscious undead

But then again, "vampire" usually isn't a race either but it's on the list
>>
>>180223507
what's dis
>>
>>180230442
a dungeon crawler made by an insane perfectionist neckbeard

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
>>
>>180230526
any news on the price?
looks like it'd be a good gift for some of my autistic friends
and myself
>>
File: gengar isaac.png (208KB, 671x389px) Image search: [Google]
gengar isaac.png
208KB, 671x389px
>Get email
>New Humble Bundle
>Roguelikes
>Ooo this is going to be good
>Mobile
ruined
>>
File: ___spider skills.png (858KB, 1500x1295px) Image search: [Google]
___spider skills.png
858KB, 1500x1295px
>>180232139
Mobile games are the future!
>>
>>180230976
it cost $20 for a copy in the indiegogo campaign, so I'd assume somewhere around there
>>
Is ARK /indie/?
I keep getting rekt.
>>
>>180228724
Well that's not wrong. Both are pragmatists, just in different ways. But I don't know, not even Hamza is happy with the direction Darista is taking the guild, nor are most of the other guild members by the sound of it.

It's a slight disappointment of mine, but I would have loved it if didn't almost always came down to choosing between Maadoran and Ganezzar guilds, since in most cases I prefer the folks back in Teron.
>>
>>180232763
>not even Hamza is happy with the direction Darista is taking the guild
well he also mentions he can't really argue since things are going well
Just ended up finishing the game and staying true the guild. Only quests left in my log are the library, temple, and map. I assume you're supposed to do this stuff on the right character before finishing your main quest line right? Since I already got my little epilogue screen telling me how things went down in the end. Ended up really enjoying my first play through once I got out of the first town. Not sure if I should go for a loremaster next since it seems to be the only way to get any insight on these "gods" and demons.
>>
newshit darkest dungeon player here again. so im on week 5 and i have 8 heroes ready to go. one party is level 2, the other is 0. should i upgrade my level 0 group and send them into some low level dungeons, or continue on my higher level party and do progression?

i guess im asking how i should balance my entire roster's individual character level? should i try to keep them all around the same leve and constantly send new members into low level dungeons to catch them up?
>>
>>180233491
Wrong thread. The russian roulette general is elsewhere.
>>
>>180233491
First off, be prepared to grind.
Second, yeah. Have them all leveled, otherwise, every time you'll lose an hero, you'll get really annoyed.
>>
>>180233431
Temple and map quests are basically the same, and the temple is where you usually finish the game, but yep, the library should be done before that if you have the right build for it.

Loremaster for me is a weird one, since they don't really have a faction, but it's the easiest way to do every important lore thing in one go once you know what you are doing. But the one true skill combo is lore/crafting, and it's something you can comfortably do even with a combat character. Crafting is extremely useful for combat builds, and lore basically pays for itself with how many of the explorable areas and their quests are hidden behind lore/craft skill gates. It will not get you everything, but it's still a good middle of the road option.
>>
I don't use mobile sadly
>>
>>180234493
grind is fine with me. thank you for advice.
>>
Damn it Humble
>>
>>180234640
What background/build would you recommend for a 2nd play through then? Thief would be too much like Assassin and I'll leave Mercenary for the 3rd playthrough as another combat build
>>
File: voidspire tactics.png (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
voidspire tactics.png
84KB, 800x600px
Any other indie games similar to this? Good Final Fantasy Tactics-style RPGs? I've already played Divinity OS
>>
anyone play dungeon rats? looks like its by the same people that did age of decadence, perhaps even set in the same universe?
dungeon rats is currently on sale on gamersgate for $6.75.
the game looks pretty neat. anyone have any input about it? im considering pullin the trigger on it, especially for only 7 dollars.
>>
File: Nifflas.jpg (42KB, 844x443px) Image search: [Google]
Nifflas.jpg
42KB, 844x443px
Is there any indie dev more pure?
>>
>>180230976
Don't worry about that, it won't be ever released.
>>
File: we are no match for 2 bodyguards.png (857KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
we are no match for 2 bodyguards.png
857KB, 1920x1080px
>>180223507
/tg/ here, that is clearly a lamia.
>>
>>180243954
That is Shadow Tactics, yes?
>>
File: pure.png (236KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
pure.png
236KB, 500x382px
>>180240052
Styg, probably. How pure are talking about here?
>>
>>180218450
You should definitely play it, but be sure to not get too attached. You might end up regretting it like I did.
>>
>>180244952
Yes.

I'm dicking around hardcore in this game. I love stealth games and RTSes so I'm in heaven.

I think the throwing star ninja is my favorite because if you trigger multiple attacks quickly enough you can even kill 2 guards facing each other before either gets a shot off.
>>
>>180245184
Styg has probably killed innocent people
>>
File: indie2017.jpg (2MB, 2542x3480px) Image search: [Google]
indie2017.jpg
2MB, 2542x3480px
>>180211823
Sorry, I've been busy.
But thanks for still posting the chart.

Anything else I should add, or any upcoming games from E3?
>>
>>180216823
Maybe it'll get hit by all the summer sales that should be coming soon.
>>
>>180246024
Well that's just a popular serbian pastime, can't blame him for that.
>>
>>180243954
>>180244952
>>180245836
that game has some really comfy looking screenshots. i also really like edo. how is that game? worth the price? you say its a mix of RTS/stealth?
>>
>>180246212
What about Blade Strangers?
>>
>>180246630
>worth the price
Yeah, but I'd just wait for the summer sale at this point.
>how is the game
You control 5 different characters simultaneously with different abilities and stealth profiles.

There's swimming, grappling, hiding in shit, leaving trails of footprints in the snow, using bird calls and thrown sake bottles as lures for traps, throwing stones to distract or trigger animal kills, dropping shit on people, throwing shit on people, bombs, disguises, basically think of a stealth gameplay element that isn't turret hacking and this game has it.

There's also the ability to stock an action on up to all 5 characters at once and have all 5 execute the action simultaneously, which combined with multiselect and the game's ability to stock commands so you'll execute the next inputted command after the one your character is locked into the animation of completes gives you A LOT of freedom. If I want to have 2 characters scale a wall together and then have one shoot a samurai to stun him while the other goes in for the kill, meanwhile my 3 other guys assassinate people from bushes, I can.

Also, as far as I can tell there isn't unintended cheese. AI in this game is exactly as smart as they want it to be. Guards will patrol in groups, notice other guards are missing, keep their head on a swivel, and if they aren't supposed to leave a spot they won't leave that spot. It's really refreshing to play a stealth game that isn't 100% cheese the AI or spam teleport.
>>
>>180247619
sounds pretty neat.
>There's also the ability to stock an action on up to all 5 characters at once and have all 5 execute the action simultaneously, which combined with multiselect and the game's ability to stock commands so you'll execute the next inputted command after the one your character is locked into the animation of completes gives you A LOT of freedom. If I want to have 2 characters scale a wall together and then have one shoot a samurai to stun him while the other goes in for the kill, meanwhile my 3 other guys assassinate people from bushes, I can.
do you mean you can pause combat or just queue up abilities like you can in an infinity engine games/stuff like pillars of eternity etc.
>>
>>180246212
Hat in Time is slated for September now.
>>
>>180216823
I got it but never used it
Maybe try Wolf RPG maker?
>>
>>180223507
Wheres the half-fae-catboy
>>
>buy Immortal Redneck
>shoot several enemies with shotgun
>killing doesnt feel satisfying at all
>instant uninstall and refund
>>
>>180247801
You cannot pause combat.

If you click shift the screen darkens and you're able to preselect 1 command per character (go to/kill/pick up/place/use/etc)

Afterward you can either hit 6-0 to trigger the command for a particular character or enter to trigger the commands for all characters. In either case, the triggered characters will walk to wherever they need to be to trigger the command and then perform it.

During none of this is the game paused. It's designed to give you the ability to create complex actions through multiple actors that a single character couldn't perform.

Say a noble was in a courtyard with 2 snipers watching him, a pair of guards at the inner gate, a trio of samurai on his ass, and a servant wandering to and fro waiting on them you could have one character chat up the servant to lock them out of the action, 2 characters dropkill the snipers from the rooftops, a 4th character blow up the noble and his samurai guards with a grenade from a nearby bush all while the character you control directly bursts through the inner gate and immediately performs an AoE slash to wipe out both guards.
>>
File: army of one.png (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
army of one.png
550KB, 1920x1080px
>>180250083
Although, bear in mind that just because the game gives you several characters to work with doesn't mean you have to use them.

This is a very high freedom game if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>180238485
I hear Regalia_Of_Men_And_Monarchs is even more like FFT than Tactics Ogre, a game made by literally the same people who made FFT.
>>
>>180223507
>vamphyr
what the hell
>>
File: dont starve characters.png (841KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
dont starve characters.png
841KB, 1000x563px
Which is most fun for shipwrecked?

I tried a webber run but died against the sealnado (it was the first time i had fought it, i underestimated its attack range)
>>
File: DChPdnLVwAA8jm9.png large.png (15KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
DChPdnLVwAA8jm9.png large.png
15KB, 600x800px
Hey, someone else was playing Homework Salesman? Did you manage to beat the pedo witch yet? She keeps curbstomping me, so I think I need to train up my blacksmithing until I can make steel weapons.

Got the game on the backburner at the moment, I was trying Pointless out again. I tried to kill Dex, the dynamite guy a zillion times, but keep coming up short. I think I'll just cheat and download a save where he's already killed.

Also, did they fix all the bugs from Expedition Viking? I wanted to knock some skulls with some norse waifus, but I heard the game came out really buggy.

>>180223507

Male human + Monstergirl waifu harem of course
>>
oh shit
>>
>>180253536
game is called Alvora Tactics, by the way. It's a really underrated tactical RPG with ~25 or so different classes, dual classing, and environmental interaction
>>
>>180252962
I beat that weird witch. Took only 2 tries, but I spent a lot of time grinding resources to raise the crafting skills.

Steel weapons are equivalent to +3 atk, and I have yet to find steel armors. Make of that what you will. Upgrading will get you more stats faster, as long as you pick the right item to upgrade. Hide, Acolyte Robe, etc. Not sure if Eagen is worth upgrading, though.

Do NOT underestimate cover. Xebec has it for a reason.

You're at the point where you can spend potions like they're water. equip Eagen with 10+ potions to have 3-4 solid party heals.

Wet enemy+Concentrate+50mp Thunderstorm=dead things

Consider learning new skills/spells. There's an aoe healing spell, and the weapon teacher at the dojo has some actual dps abilities for your party. Get Eagen a TP move, at least.

Now can YOU tell ME if you have those enchanting gems figured out? I can't observe measurable differences from these effects.

>>180253795
noted
>>
File: tumblr_orrh9gzARl1vs9mqgo1_1280.png (267KB, 660x690px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orrh9gzARl1vs9mqgo1_1280.png
267KB, 660x690px
>>180255849
>>Now can YOU tell ME if you have those enchanting gems figured out? I can't observe measurable differences from these effects.

Were you asking about the critical enchantment? According to the wiki, it increases the rate at which you crit, not the crit damage.

http://homeworksalesman.wikia.com/wiki/Enchanting
>>
>>180255995
desu, that wiki doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I don't know how enchantment level affects the enchantment, what a higher level elemental enchantment does, where the calculations for crit/evade rates are affected by enchantments, etc.
>>
>>180256179
Oh, I haven't had a chance to mess around with enchantment, but I figured it was straightforward.

>Fire 1 = low fire damage
>Fire 2 = medium fire damage
>Fire 3 = high fire damage
Stuff like that.
>>
>>180247619
>dropping shit on people, throwing shit on people
So it's like ARK, you invade someone else's house and shit on his bed.
>>
Expedition... soon?
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/542560/

Playism published a new game and for free.
Looks to be a mix of comic and TCG.
>>
>>180246212
Ori sequel
Serious Sam twinstick shooter
>>
>>180246212
Ski Free.
Bomber!
>>
File: 1474473506590.jpg (32KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1474473506590.jpg
32KB, 429x410px
Dead again, eh?
>>
File: 1478825187545.png (140KB, 591x574px) Image search: [Google]
1478825187545.png
140KB, 591x574px
Age of Decadence is really stomping on my balls as a fighter.
>>
>>180264157
Just get learned on how to make stuff deader.
>>
What's the best survival between Rust, Space Engineers, ARK and Subnautica?
>>
>>180237208
Thief is actually very different from Assassin, it can be finished with no combat whatsoever if you play your cards right. I think my final body count was 6 or something like that. The skills it needs are
>lockpick
>sneak
>thievery
>traps
>impersonate
>persuasion
>streetwise

And maybe a very little lore (about 3 or so), but you can get some of that for free as training. In fact you can get shitloads of training with that questline.

I'd save loremaster for the last, because that's the background that needs the most metaknowledge to get the most out of.
>>
I thought traps was exclusively disarming traps. I was pleasantly surprised when I blew some jerks the fuck up.
>>
>>180216119
Talking about mogeko, isn't he making some weird manga about rape and torture or something? I need to go read it.
>>
>>180266235
At first I was disappointed when it didn't allow me to threaten the noble brat for giving me a bomb, but then in the end it was worth it.
>[Traps]Give Neros the package and slowly take a step back.

Fucking gold.
>>
File: TheGreyGardenApplepieFeast.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreyGardenApplepieFeast.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>180216119
I really really like the grey garden. Yes the battles are a joke but everything else is just so good. I want more games or other media set in that world because the lore and character interaction is great.
>>180216701
It is a cute walking sim with many likable characters and a fascinating creation mythos.
>>
File: Purification en cours.jpg (34KB, 449x411px) Image search: [Google]
Purification en cours.jpg
34KB, 449x411px
>>180268336
>the battles are a joke
... and?
>>
File: block.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
block.png
1MB, 1440x900px
Fuck, they're blocking my path.

Why did they even come up here? They could hit that crossbow man just fine from below...
>>
>>180264201
>Just, like, make dead
>>
>>180269720
>Age of Decadence
>"You offer another sacrifice to Death, who smiles upon you and rewards your dedication by whispering insights into your ear - 2 combat skills gained."

>Warband
>"Polearm mastery raised to 56."
That's needelessly verbose but I like it. It reminds me of Fallout and the fun texts you'd get when punching a guy in the crotch.
It was something like "Mercenary take a shotgun slug in the balls and fall down, crying like the little bitch he is" or something like that.
>>
File: STIR FASTER.webm (638KB, 648x520px) Image search: [Google]
STIR FASTER.webm
638KB, 648x520px
>>
>can't stop hoarding items in Underrail
>almost completely encumbered
BUT THOSE ITEMS

I CAN'T JUST LEAVE THEM ON THE GROUND
>>
>>180272647
Welcome to "EVERYTHING FUCKING GAME EVER".
>>
>>180272864
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>180273190
Reminds me how I raised my survival in New Vegas so that I could keep my stimpack for emergency.
Ended up never using them.
>>
I want to like Darkest Dungeon but I can't.
It's too random and too slow, it pisses me down.
I feel like the enemies all need 353 hits to die while my characters die in 2 hits, and I always meet enemies when my party isn't ready.
>>
What was Randos tax plan
>>
>>180272039
looks cute
>>
>>180275089
You're cute! :3
>>
This is likely to put me on a list 'r two, but I'm trying to remember the name of an indie game I saw someone play. It had you looking for what seemed to be your missing son, but in the end it turns out that you're actually playing as a child molester. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>180277131
No but it sounds quite interesting, do you remember how the art style was?
>>
>>180277131
So it's one of those 'no, you're the villain' things?
>>
File: 1462953474928.jpg (102KB, 556x261px) Image search: [Google]
1462953474928.jpg
102KB, 556x261px
>>180277131
>>
>>180273791
youre not alone, that game is basically love/hate among most people.
>>
>>180273791
Trinkets and quirks, m8. You'd be surprised the difference the right equipment makes.
Speaking of DD, has anyone played enough of Crimson Court yet? I was fairly hype for it, but I'm not sure if it's worth dropping $10 on.
>>
>>180277131
Heavy Rain
>>
>>180269059
Well the sad thing is that the battle system itself is well designed and the characters even learn cutely animated super special moves. You just don't need anything of that ever because you can win everything with autoattack and no heals.
I would love a hard mode option that gives a challenge.
>>
>no new humble bundle
Guess summer sale is soon everywhere.
>>
File: 1483448185803.png (541KB, 658x932px) Image search: [Google]
1483448185803.png
541KB, 658x932px
>>
>>180286709
2 more days according to the first search result on google.
>>
File: canvas.png (14KB, 473x399px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
14KB, 473x399px
LETS GO BOYS
>>
File: Untitled.png (78KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
78KB, 960x599px
Aw, nevermind. Beta isn't until the 23rd. The music on this screen is amazing though.
>>
>>180290598
Is the song uploaded anywhere?
Also dev blog for the game got posted today.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/magickatest/announcements/detail/2221812448274654629
>>
>>180291196
Exclusive /indie/ special:
https://mega.nz/#!H0RxFDhZ!paLN0QpdNnLuFaUSM8pGu7cSlT7efRtX9dn3FGj1mjY
>>
>>180289308
I picked this up again on Radiant. I forgot how much stress damage hurts.
>>
>>180277998

It was pixel-y, RPG-maker-y style from what I remember. You had to solve block puzzles in an arcade or somesuch, then the last bit is you finding the kid and then it shows your character in sinister lighting and pans down their pants.

...like I said, probably not the best of things to solicit finding, but it was a unique bit of story-telling and I wanted to see it again.
>>
File: 1497981844831.png (108KB, 424x428px) Image search: [Google]
1497981844831.png
108KB, 424x428px
>10
>>
>>180285231
Okay, I'll try that.

>>180282825
>>180286453
I like the lore, but fuck, fighting, moving, everything is so fucking tedious. I still have no idea how reconnaissance works.
>>
>>180295735
>reconnaissance
You mean scouting? It's a stat like everything else. If you want to stop being caught off-guard, take a Houndmaster for his camping skills that give +Scouting Chance. Torch light also effects scouting chance whenever you enter a room. More scouting, less unnecessary battles that grind down your heroes.
>>
>>180296096
But camping is restricted to some specific expeditions, I can't do it constantly.
>>
>>180296269
Medium is once and long is twice I believe.
>>
>>180296269
Then all you can really do is keep the light level high when you enter rooms. There's far more medium/long quests as the game goes on, so camping will be much more common later game, same with +scouting trinkets.
>>
>>180296462
So that means departing with at least 20 torches for the very basic most simple expedition, since my crew fucking use them as dildo and eat them constantly.
>>
>>180296650
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e9VBtUO0tY2l58DSUb_JHnULDuAhziqnOCQH1VS4GtY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=724388976

there are recommended provisions here.
>>
>>180296650
>20 torches
For short? You can get away with easing up on using them.
>>
>>180296927
>F12T8S2
That really seems like a lot of supplies. Am I supposed to make money with that?
>>
>>180297119
i dont seem to be having any trouble making money following this guide and im totally new to the game, only on week 6-7.
>>
>>180297348
I'm traumatized by Sunless Sea where I felt like I was making money when I actually wasn't.
>>
>>180293775
No idea, as I said, sounds pretty cool though.

Only thing that comes to mind and is slightly similar is that game where you go around in a van picking kids up and you can either be nice to them and teach them stuff or torture them, get them drunk and even run them over.
>>
File: kikestartercucksagain.jpg (237KB, 799x768px) Image search: [Google]
kikestartercucksagain.jpg
237KB, 799x768px
>>
>>180299919
Oh shit middens dude is making another game? Didnt know.
>>
>>180243954
There is only ONE Lamia. She was the beautiful queen of Libya. She became a child-eating demon. She is the mother of Scylla.
>>
>>180243954
That's the Commando game, right?
I'm such a sucker for medieval Japan.
>>
>>180277131
Try asking AllTheFallen. They're into that kind of shit. Plus as long as you're in the United States or Japan it's 100% legal. If you're in Massachusetts you can even sell that shit in stores.
>>
Hey look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-TaRNJu51Y

What other games let you write the epitaph to a dead civilization?
>>
>>180302939
edo period japan is great. im gonna pick up that game once it goes on sale, looks really comfy.
>>
>>180303326
>start the video
>"HEY THIS IS RECLUSE, WELCOME TO-"
>stop the video
>>
>>180292692
Thanks mate and wow that music is fire again.
>>
>>180303782
Oh wow, a hipster.
>>
>>180303654
I wish there was more games like Way of the Samurai. I tried it, but it was later in time, when Japan opened to trade.
>>
Ok, so, who's the bad guy in all this, the Rathound King or the Camp Hathor leader?

Because after speaking with the king I'm not so sure.
>>
My face when he is talking about himself
>>
File: 1496468222472.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496468222472.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>180304352
>MFW this newfag doesn't know how to MFW
>>
File: 1449931890829.jpg (464KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449931890829.jpg
464KB, 1280x720px
>>180304352
>mfw this newfag doesn't know how to mfw
>>
File: Olivier.png (381KB, 779x264px) Image search: [Google]
Olivier.png
381KB, 779x264px
>>180304563
More like I was uncertain how spoilers react with meme arrows, which lead me to take a more sophisticated sentence structure.
>>
>>180304121
there's no good or bad am i rite
do you want to side with man living with mutant rats and kidnap him a wife?
or side with town
>>
File: 1476046232759.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1476046232759.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>180304795
>>
File: 1450539219169.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1450539219169.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>180304795
>meme arrows
>>
>>180304808
Well

On one hand, taming and living with mutant rats is cool.

On the other hand, kidnapping women for anyone other than me isn't something that I'd like to do.
>>
File: 436670_20170613152131_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
436670_20170613152131_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>mfw baited for those exact responses
>>
That feeling when in worked the at the at it
>>
>"I was actually le trolling all along"
>>
File: ungabunga.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ungabunga.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
this game has some great dialogue
>>
>>180304121
It's a territorial conflict, not a question of morality. But think about it this way, the Rathound King is a danger to normal people. Do you think about morality when you come across a Lunatic? Nah, you just kill the motherfucker because they are dangerous. The only difference here is that you can speak with the Rathound King.

Just tell him the joke then put a bullet in his head.
>>
>>180306085
>fight the caveman
10/10.

Post the dialogue once the caveman is cold in there and we're out here and he's the sheriff and we're frozen in there and what I want to know is where's the caveman?
>>
>>180306321
>get into the fight
>mouse over enemy
>"Caveman"
hearty keks were had
Really enjoying the two combat play throughs thus far. Wonder how my non-combat ones are gonna go
>>
>>180306396
So what happens when you kill him? And who's the second fighter?
>>
>>180306321
Anon, I just want to say that I fucking hate you for making me watch this.
>>
>>180306085
I'm just glad that he's frozen in there.
>>
>>180307321
didn't notice that >>180306321 made that joke already but I'll leave it up as a reminder of my clanger
>>
File: trio.jpg (1002KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trio.jpg
1002KB, 1920x1080px
>>180306998
>So what happens when you kill him?
Well you loot his body and move onto the next fight
this is a special event for beating the arena before talking to a certain npc
these three were the second fight
If I win all three I get to keep their shit and if I had high enough trading? Or persuasion I think it was I could've gotten the general's high quality weapon as a secondary bet
>>
>>180307271
Your hate turns me on.

>>180308183
>spitting blood, crossbowman grins and falls down dead
He sounded like an okay dude.
>>
>>180253795
Noted, will try it sometime mostly because of feathered snek grill master race.

>>180290094
There still time to sign up?
>>
File: upseticus.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
upseticus.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
third fight was pretty easy too, just two archers and a knoife man who nets you
>>
>>180308632
>three fights
>"you cost me seven men"
/thinking
>>
File: praisebetomeru.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
praisebetomeru.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>>180308987
Yeah two of the fights were 1v3
>>
>>180308987
One, three, three
>>
>>180309096
>>180309185
Dishonest on top of being a sore loser, then.
Can't you kill him?
>>
>>180309330
not that I know of, no
Could've taken his sweet sword and pawned it off if I had high enough stats
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-00-32-796.png (990KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-00-32-796.png
990KB, 1280x800px
>>180306085
My favorite lines are usually the ones that initiate combat. They are just so damn cocky being a pacifist doesn't even cross my mind.

Underrail does these really well too.
>>
>>180310003
>parley
[Disgusted Pirate.webm]
>>
>>180310003
>that first option
>>
>>180306225
Mh, you're right.

Yeah alright, he's going down.
>>
>>180285231
>Speaking of DD, has anyone played enough of Crimson Court yet?
late, but the summary so far:
new class is good
new art and barks are good
curse system is sort of whatever
new missions are only five in count and have set maps rather than being randomized, which is lame
fanatic is HOLY SHIT RUN
vampire crocodile is kind of the best but also why are you in an apprentice mission
>>
>>180308486
see
>>180291196

1st Beta was the first 100 sign-ups.
2nd Beta it's probably first come/first serve as I signed up way before the 1st beta.
>>
New game soon bobos
>>
>>180313614
C'toi l'bobo.
>>
File: 012_1494731563.png (753KB, 1269x1800px) Image search: [Google]
012_1494731563.png
753KB, 1269x1800px
>>180310003
>dozen men
That's how much?
>>
>>180314828
is this a meme question
it's 12
>>
>>180315080
I thought that was twelve.
While dozen was more like 1,000.
>>
>>180315295
How many is a couple?
>>
>>180315357
2 by definition or by connect by connotation, an undefined number between 2 and a few
>>
>>180315357
Supposely two.
What about a bunch?
>>
File: 1423732225417.jpg (51KB, 752x460px) Image search: [Google]
1423732225417.jpg
51KB, 752x460px
>>180315663
>>180315663
It was a meme question you fucks. Anyway a bunch is at least 5 no more than 11.
>>
>>180303782
What were you expecting
>>
>have lots of high value items
>merchants don't want them and if they do they can only afford one
I finally became Al Fabet.

Maybe it's time to use speedhacks.
>>
>>180317627
or you can store everything in a barrel and rob the stores blind every time they refresh
>>
>>180318054
But it takes an hour or so for the stores to refresh.
>>
>>180318253
why worry about it
do you need the dosh right now for some reason?
>>
>>180318312
Yes

I'm making super steel and with my luck I'll probably end up with three 90 quality plates.
>>
File: 004_1482353054.png (44KB, 117x219px) Image search: [Google]
004_1482353054.png
44KB, 117x219px
>mfw I want to play a game that probably doesn't exists
>>
>>180319480
~*so make it*~
>>
>>180319504
You can't enjoy something you make.
It's like when you write smut, you can't fap to your own smut.

Well, actually I can, but that's because I'm an excuse of a human being.
>>
>>180319583
Depends on the genre. I enjoy playing the action game I made, but yeah, story heavy shit won't really ever be enjoyable unless you take a hammer to your head and get retrograde amnesia or something!
>>
File: titus.jpg (506KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
titus.jpg
506KB, 1920x1080px
>finish what I thought to be the main quest on my mercenary in AoD
>get called to palace
>still have to find the temple
>pick up a quest on the way
>get some sci fi looking armor
>charge it
>find the temple after killing a million scorpions and almost suffocating
I may have 4 int and 1 lore and nothing makes sense down here but I've got a fucking axe and I know how to use it with 13 strength
>>
>>180323101
Are you ready to kill a god?
>>
>>180319583
Oh right, but the point was, if you want it bad, maybe other people will too. You could, at least, make something the world would enjoy!
>>
>>180323212
holy fuck what is this thing
and why did my power armor give me a magic shield with a bull head
this isn't the post apocalyptic roman game i thought it was
i didn't ask for any of this
>>
>>180268336
To expand upon what I said in that first post, I'll mention that the characters, the world and the lore are definitely it's strongest points, and that it was quite a welcome change of pace coming from Mogeko Castle. Wadanohara should be the next game in my list. I'm also gonna pretend that the bonus scene with Rawberry and Macarona never happened.
>>
>>180323439
Well I somehow killed it on my first try. Ended up switching to anubis mood and running away with fire to heal up a bit before charging at him with another stim
got a few clutch blocks in right at the end
>>
>>180323880
You killed him on your first try?!

Well, I... huh. Congratulations.
>>
>>180324112
the power of a soldier who has no idea what he's doing and an axe
>>
>>180324112
Yeah I crit him for like 40 the one time
good thing I crafted this blue steel weapon before I came here
>>
>reach the refuge in OneShot

Wow, this is very different from the freeware version.
>>
>try Darkest Dungeon
>try to roll around my rooster to not send my heroes to the asylum
>first quest go okay, decide to grind a bit
>can't hit for shit
>enemies always land critical
>despite having 4 food, my heroes are forced to starve
>and then 2 minutes later, have to eat again, but this time I can magically accept
>notice trap ahead, click on it, nope I failed because fuck you
That game had potential to be great, with expeditions trying to pacify a region plagued by undead and cultists, and instead of that, it's a FUCKING SALT MINE
>>
>>180324474
What was that area like in the free version? I only played the Steam version.
>>
>>180324547
Play radiant, i dropped the game when it first came out but I'm enjoying myself now.
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-21-13-093.png (878KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-21-13-093.png
878KB, 1280x800px
I love this game so much.
>>
>>180325148
It's already radiant, and yet it feel rigged. I'm not sure how turns work, but enemies often play twice in a row while Oscar and Ricard are just standing here taking hits.

I especially don't appreciate how you don't have a defend button, just a wait one. That raises the stress because fuck you.
Also, undead can be infected.
>>
>>180325281
Damn where's that? One of the places that requires a lot of lore I'm assuming
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-22-11-968.png (875KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-22-11-968.png
875KB, 1280x800px
>>180325281
>>
>>180325281
>>180325409
That does sound completely stupid.

What happens if you fail the dexterity roll?
>>
>>180325381
That's the Tower of Zamedi. Getting there doesn't require any lore, but getting in does need 3. But to get the really good stuff you need around 8 or so.
>>
>>180325587
>That's the Tower of Zamedi. Getting there doesn't require any lore
Ah I never managed to find it. I'll keep a look out for it on my lore play through
>>
>>180325083
You arrived in the refuge and quickly encountered the red robot, just like in the new version, but it is very different after that.

There is no elevator to the surface and the only two NPCs in the refuge (aside from the robot) are some girl with a die head to the far west and the cafe person to the far right. Aside from planting the seed, all you really do in the refuge is go to the library on the western side of the refuge to have die girl translate the book, go to the cafe on the eastern side because Niko is hungry, and then come back to the western side when die girl finishes translating the book.

As soon as you try to leave the library, the entity contacts you and transforms the world into a maze that you need to use the three items to navigate. You start off in a distorted version of the refuge and you use the die you got from die girl to guide you (there are four paths and the die flashes whenever you are moving towards the correct path), you then end up in a distorted Glen and use the feather in the same way, and then the barrens with you using the necklace in the same way.

After this you end up in the house you started in and the game ends soon after.
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 04-28-37-078.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 04-28-37-078.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>180325560
Hell if I know, you probably have to fight.
>>
>>180325560
Not him, but at least from my experience thus far (not much) failing a roll just makes you look dumb and then you start the fight.

Sometimes it puts you in a slightly worse position (more exposure to arrows, an extra dude or so, etc)
>>
>>180325843
The one time I tried to use critical strike against the old assassin guy it instant killed me instead, was pretty cool
>>
>>180325712
Yes, well. There is only one problem. Getting in as a lore build is a bit tricky if you haven't done it before and know how, or if you accidentally happen to pick the right faction.
>>
alright fine i'll try out age of decadence
what should I know going in?
>>
>>180325793
Jesus that's a pathetic death.

>>180325843
Don't you look already plenty dumb by putting on the ring?
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-30-812.png (1024KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-30-812.png
1024KB, 1280x800px
>>180325843
Failed rolls are fun.
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-42-859.png (995KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-42-859.png
995KB, 1280x800px
>>180326232
>>
>>180325784
Huh, yeah that's definitely different. I guess they wanted to expand the refuge and make it a place with actual refugees in it. They also probably wanted a place where they could put the lab with that Silver-looking scientist for that backstory bit.
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-54-937.png (981KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 01-10-54-937.png
981KB, 1280x800px
>>180326383
>>
>>180326503
I also heard that the original version had a lot of ideas that did not make it into a final game because it was made in a month for a contest.
>>
>>180326528
Well, fuck.

Surprised to see "fucked" in a game. Back in the days, you wouldn't see that in a game.
>>
>>180326098
don't spread your stats thin
do the tutorial
>>
File: 1490594050744.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1490594050744.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>180326528
This is gold.
>>
>>180326741
AoD came out in 2015
>>
>>180326232
Wait are they rolls? I figured they were a straight value check...
>>
>>180326870
I know. Video games these days are so rude. That's not really what I want to see my kid have fun with.
>>
>>180326528
lmao
>>
>>180326989
oh my bad I miss read your post, I thought you assumed AoD was much older due to graphics
>>
>>180326959
>I figured they were a straight value check

They are, it was a bad choice of word on my part.
>>
>>180327130
I wasn't. I'm just bitching at games trying too hard to be edgy by adding random unnecessary insults.

Screw you, E.Y.E., you're not funny, you just look like you've been written by a eight-years old kid who got whipped by his father.
>>
>>180327246
At least so far AoD seems to play it straight most of the time, giving more weight to when it actually curses.
>>
>>180327331
yeah that's what makes them funny
a lot of very descriptive events and then just "oh well you're fucked now"
not too overdone either
>>
>>180327331
Good to know.
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 04-59-34-171.png (884KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 04-59-34-171.png
884KB, 1280x800px
>>180326168
>Don't you look already plenty dumb by putting on the ring?

Yes and no. Equipping the ring is not in itself a dumb move. It only makes you look dumb if you really are dumb as all fuck. It's a lore/intellience check.
>>
>>180327968
Haaa, it was a disguised lore roll.

Clever. That game sound better by the minute. It sounds like a really fun version of Fallout New Vegas.
>>
>RPGmaker game with no mouse controls
>point and click adventure
>>
Thoughts on Crimson Court?
>>
>>180328378
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>180303326
Speaker for the Dead
>>
>>180328569
you should ask in darkest dungeon general, they'd have better answers
>>
>>180328378
I think point and click is more than just its name at face value, it's a genre name that evokes a type of game beyond just its control scheme.

Like Telltale games (at least early ones) were still PaCs even if you didn't use a mouse to control it. You could also classify the earlier King's Quests and such games as PaCs before mice were common and you used the keyboard.
>>
>>180328959
>King's Quests
>point and click
Huh?
>>
>>180328624

>>180211823
>>
>>180328959
There were adventure games before there were point and click adventures, and that includes cursors controlled by the keyboard instead of a mouse or trackball
>>
>>180329036
>>180329292
"Point and click" is a genre, it doesn't have to have a cursor to be one, was my point. Nobody says "puzzle adventures", and "adventure" games constitutes a massive amount of games beyond this specific niche.
>>
>>180329712
No, nevermind, I mistook King's Quest for King's Field.
>>
>>180329712
>and "adventure" games constitutes a massive amount of games beyond this specific niche.
Only in the same way that the meaning of "roguelike" was diluted through extended misuse/over-application.
>>
>>180327246
>Screw you, E.Y.E., you're not funny, you just look like you've been written by a eight-years old kid who got whipped by his father.
I would attribute that to the (at times) baffling quality of the translation.
>>
>>180331449
I played it in French, so I played the original version, not a translation.
>>
>>180329712
Nah, the genre used to be simply known as adventure games. Point and click was one of its sub-genres, just like how text adventures/interactive fiction are another. But point and clicks became so common that after a while people started associating the adventure genre with them. It doesn't help that they similarly forgot that action-adventure games are action-adventure, not simply adventure. Then there are games like Hero's Quest or Planescape: Torment which are adventure-rpg hybrids.
>>
>>180331872
what can change the nature of a genre?
>>
File: step_l_en.jpg (242KB, 1100x457px) Image search: [Google]
step_l_en.jpg
242KB, 1100x457px
>>180331872
Oh yeah, then riddle me this: what genre is Pathologic?

And why is it a visual novel?
>>
>>180332045
Torment.
>>
>>180331872
Maybe, but I think calling something a point-and-click specifically evokes a certain type of game that doesn't necessarily need that control scheme to fit the bill. And at this point like I said "adventure" is too broad a term and encompasses a lot of games that don't do the specific inventory puzzles and writing-focused style that PaCs are known for. So I think it's okay to do.
>>
File: rpg, rpg, hybrid.png (3MB, 943x1533px) Image search: [Google]
rpg, rpg, hybrid.png
3MB, 943x1533px
>>180332061
I didn't play it, so no idea.
>>
>>180332236
Is Uplink a point-and-click?
>>
>>180332236
> And at this point like I said "adventure" is too broad a term and encompasses a lot of games that don't do the specific inventory puzzles and writing-focused style that PaCs are known for.
Again, no. It's sufficiently specific for people who speak the language.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_game
>>
>>180332061
mystery adventure
>>
>>180332360
More of a text adventure.
>>
>>180332449
>for people who speak the language
Well good for them.
>>
>>180332545
What? No it isn't. The text adventure genre is very strictly defined, you know. It has to be, to keep it separate from other text genres like CYOAs, visual novels, text-based rpgs and so on.
>>
>>180332804
You're really anal about semantics, aren't you
>>
>>180332843
You have no idea.
>>
>>180326989
>>180326741
>>180327246
AoD's brashness and unnecessary expletives are particularly bad because, unlike EYE, it is a dialog-heavy game. Immature writing.
>>
>>180333009
Does it have enough expletives to really be annoying?
>>
>>180333052
Thankfully no. I remember only few instances, but they feel out of place because the crud is almost always in the narration.
>>
>>180333452
My experience is the opposite. Swearing happens mostly in dialog and only where it's appropriate, and more rarely in narration when it's supposed to represent the player's thoughts.
>>
File: HK_02.png (470KB, 409x770px) Image search: [Google]
HK_02.png
470KB, 409x770px
CUTEST BUGS
>>
The Batter did nothing wrong.
>>
>>180332587
They're the only ones that matter.
>>
I don't really get streetwise. Is it just knowing random things about the local area?
>>
>>180338823
It's about not being scammed, knowing local slang, and being able to pass as a native.
>>
>>180339290
Well alright. Apparently it's not high enough yet for me to bluff a preacher into accepting me as divine. Also, what's the difference in a conversation between [skill] and [skill success]?
>>
>>180339479
I think [skill success] means you already succeeded and thus have that option.

[skill], then, being that you still need to pass a check.
>>
>>180325784
I talked about it a few threads ago, but I really do like how the Steam release expanded both the content and the narrative of the original, and of course the Solstice update went even further with it.
>>
Wait, does levelling your heroes in Darkest Dungeon raises their damage or just their resistance to stress?
>>
>>180340012
It raises their resistances to most maladies. You have to upgrade their gear or skills to increase damage.
also ask in darkest dungeon general, they know better
>>
>>180340314
Yeah but that thread needed a bump.
>>
File: little things.png (925KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
little things.png
925KB, 1920x1080px
>dicking around in Shadow Tactics doing kill everyone no detection runs
There's a mission where you're supposed to eaves drop on enemy conversations and one of the two places you can do so has this clusterfuck of guards that you are in no way supposed to take on. In the center of this clusterfuck is a guard that keeps ordering sake from a woman. Under almost all circumstances he's just there to be a dick and force you to get a disguise that makes you immune to enemy detection because he's in the center of guards facing each other and a campfire that you're basically never going to be able to kill any of them because they will go full alert in a heartbeat. If, however, you use the disguise to distract him for a certain period of time, he will get off sync with the woman bringing him sake which triggers a very specific interaction where he begins wandering around looking for the woman and calling out for her. During this mission you can't target civilians and this guard is resistant to every other kind of distraction so this is the only way you could ever trigger this, and it's COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS to a normal playthrough because all it does is turn the guard into a bigger pain in the ass and on top of this, you have NO FUCKING REASON TO EVEN TRY THIS. If, however, you're doing a kill everyone run, him wandering around is the only way to get him away from another of the guards around the campfire which is within earshot of every type of kill method and can't be moved. The third guard at the campfire is placed just out of earshot of the other two on top of all this. The devs specifically designed this area with hidden bullshit and hyperspecific enemy placement to make kill everyone no detection runs possible.
>>
File: tumblr_ortgzzeakE1w4o1ofo1_250.png (3KB, 143x204px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ortgzzeakE1w4o1ofo1_250.png
3KB, 143x204px
>>180304121

Rathound King is an evil fuck. The town is just minding it's own business, hunting food (and providing it to the rest of Underrail.) While Rathound King just fucks shit up and makes you get him a new waifu after he got tired of fucking his rathounds. If you opt for stealing the waifu, you have to kill her fiancee right in front of her too, because he'll come looking for her.
>>
>>180315907
>Anyway a bunch is at least 5 no more than 11.
Actually it's no more than 473.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-bunch-of-bananas/
>>
File: DOS2.jpg (833KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DOS2.jpg
833KB, 1536x1152px
Will this be the indie GOTY?
>>
>>180343480
Maybe? If full release doesn't get delayed til 2018 and Hollow Knight doesn't take it.
>>
>>180343480
Does it do anything new?
>>
>>180343589
Its DM system is getting all the hype.
>>
>>180343589
it just has a lot more shit, and from what ive seem of the beta the story and characters are much better as well.

it has new races like skeletons and lizardpeople, and new skill lines like Polymorphing (which lets you transform your own body parts into tentacles or sprout wings and fly)
>>
>>180340314
And they're not helpful either.
>>
So I got the imperial guard rekt in Teron, but where the hell do I find the remainder to get them to sign up with Antidas?
>>
>>180343871
nevermind i'm retarded, it's another instance of 'walk here to trigger a scene'
>>
Any of your remember Obake? A freeware kirby clone? Did you know it had a sequel that released ten years after and is fucking awesome?

http://forest.watch.impress.co.jp/library/software/obake10th/
>>
Anyone here plays Don't Starve a lot?
>>
>>180343851
Because Darkest Dungeon is objectively trash and they know it.
>>
File: tumblr_org0mxsh4Z1r2s10go1_1280.jpg (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_org0mxsh4Z1r2s10go1_1280.jpg
159KB, 640x480px
>>180343851

What's your problem? I can't help with anything about Crimson Court because I don't have it yet.
>>
>>180347143
Everything.
Stress is constantly building up and I'm wasting all my money to try to keep it at bay, I tried raising my character's speed but enemy keep acting before me even with maxed torch and better speed than him.
To have fun, I'd need to raise all XP and gold gain by 2.
>>
File: tumblr_omeytzyt2c1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg (585KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omeytzyt2c1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg
585KB, 1280x1707px
>>180347280
>Stress is constantly building up

There a enemies that specifically target your stress (such as the little wine skeletons, cultist witches, vomit piggies, fish shaman.) Kill these guys first. Every round they stay alive = more stress for your guys.

>and I'm wasting all my money to try to keep it at bay

If the guy is afflicted, or really stressed out, and he's just level zero or one, feel free to just fire him and replace him with a new guy from the wagon.

The ruins is easiest, so try cutting your teeth over there first. If you can afford it, bring holy waters to the ruins. If you find a confession booth, you can use a holy water to cure a lot of stress (just make sure you have the stressed character selected when you do it.)

>I tried raising my character's speed but enemy keep acting before me even with maxed torch and better speed than him.

Which characters are you using? Lepers and crusaders are pretty slow, even with speed trinkets. Other guys like Grave Robbers are fast.
>>
>>180347576
I usually go for Crusader (who has a trinket to raise his speed to 2), Bandit, Crossbowswoman/Plague Doctor and Priestress.
>>
>>180239843
I played it. Love AoD, don't like DR all that much.

It's just party-based AoD with nothing but combat. The combat is much harder than in AoD and a little bit too RNG-heavy/punishing if you ask me.

AoD was fine because combat was just a part of the game and you controled one character, but in DR you control 2-4 at it's combat after combat and you miss a lot more. You can very easily become stuck at any point in the game if you use too many healing items early on. It's really short, too.
>>
>>180252667
Vampires are too mainstream m8, gotta give them special snowflake names.

I fucking hated that in Pillars of Eternity, literally everything was just renamed D&D trying way too hard to not be D&D and failing miserably.
>>
>>180266149
You can do fine without traps as a thief. All you will miss is some optional loot.
>>
>>180348180
Vampyrs, Dampyrs, Lamia, Vamphyrs, Jews... They have many names, but they're the same.
>>
>>180310003
It's such a shame you need 1 word of honor to access Aemolas Village.

Killing 8 guys with a scoped crossbow before the fight even starts is easily the highlight of crossbow runs, but betraying feng to get lore/crafting from Cassius and lockpick/lore from Feng's stuff is just too good to pass on.
>>
File: tumblr_omez4nEn5G1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg (646KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omez4nEn5G1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg
646KB, 1280x1707px
>>180347759

Ruins is great for ruins, but he's slow so don't worry about his speed. Find something that boosts his attack or defense instead. If you have a trinket that lets him do more undamage to holy, give it to him since the ruins has lots of unholy enemies.

Crossbowwoman is great for taking out the backrow, shoot those wine skeletons!

Now, the plague doctor is good because she can both blight the backrows and stun them. Her blight also helps with killing the knight skeletons.

Priestess is ok. You can just use her as a heal bot at first, but there is a trinket that makes her a good second rank fighter too. I prefer using occultist personally.
>>
>>180328682
Thank you. I appreciate it. Where might I find that?
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1892480689/insomnia-pc-max-linux

Anyone been following this game? looks really promising, but i've never seen anyone talking about it
>>
What do I have to do to impress Meru, shit lightning? Goddamn.
>>
>>180352003
Turns out he just doesn't care about you the first time.
Now there's gotta be a way to survive this lethal chair besides just ignoring it but fuck if I know what.
>>
>>180352003
There are many way to make him lead you to Al-Akia.

Blow up Madoraan.

Be an Aurelian/Daratan Praetor. I think imerial guards and merchants go there as well.

Have high Crassus reputation. You can pretend to believe in zealots bullshit and help them, you can bring the flying ship to Ganezzar, etc. Higher CHA helps as well.
>>
>>180352902
>Now there's gotta be a way to survive this lethal chair
There are only two.

You need to either have the Mind Shield ability, but you need to blow up Madoraan for that.

Or you need to have the Helm of Destiny, but only Aurelian Praetors can get it.

What guild are you in by the way? I was only able to access the chair after blowing up Madoraan.
>>
>>180352914
Yeah, I'm playing merchant. The local merchant guy gets you to play a zealot and perform miracles, which has Meru let you into the star chamber.
>>
>>180352986
Cool. You can ignore the question in >>180352979
then.
>>
>>180352979
>You need to either have the Mind Shield ability, but you need to blow up Madoraan for that.
welp
I couldn't get through the abyss, missed the last check, which I think leads to blowing up Madoraan? So that's out.
>Or you need to have the Helm of Destiny, but only Aurelian Praetors can get it.
Merchant grifter, so that's no good.

Guess I'm failing Meru's test. That's a shame, seems like it'll impede my route to becoming grifter jesus. Also, the fuck do I do with this magic eye I got?
>>
>>180353062
>I think leads to blowing up Madoraan?
Yeah. You need 8 lore to perate the console and I think at least 6 CON to survive blowing the town up.

> the fuck do I do with this magic eye I got?
Have you visited the Arch yet?
>>
>>180353129
Nope. I've been to three towns and not much else. Points are in persuasion, streetwise, and trading, with a few in lore, etiquette, and impersonate. Not really sure how far along I am in the game, but the merchant guild's taken over two cities so far and is working on the third.
>>
>>180344529
Do you need to understand moonrunes?
>>
>>180353296
>few in lore
Have you been to Saross library yet? You can learn the Arch location there if you have 3 lore.

You will also learn the location of Inferiae there. With high enough INT/CHA/streetwise you can find an item that will help you interact with the Arch. Then you can use persuasion/streetwise to interact with it further.
>>
>>180353442
I'm visiting the library right now, actually. Now I gotta find some parts for this busted-ass machine, but I'll check out the new places.
>>
>>180343480
Card City Nights 2 will be.
>>
>>180353442
Demon's sort of a shitty host, huh? Guess I need to hunt down more power tubes, only have one so far.
>>
>>180354076
and then I used that power tube on a giant ship that I don't have the ability to do anything with
dangit
>>
>>180354886
You get one in Teron outpost.

You can but one in Madoraan Curio shop.

You can get one in Hellgate.

Those are the easy ones that a talker is pretty much guranteed to get.
>>
>>180355163
I went to the outpost and got the machinery up and running. Is the tube still available there?
>>
>>180355265
turns out the answer is 'no'. Guess I'll tube-hunt elsewhere.
>>
all of a sudden everything needs lore and crafting
what the heck, precursors
>>
>>180343656
>more things you need friends for

Fuck you Larian. ;_;
>>
File: 1478730005984.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1478730005984.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>bend the knee
>lordlings
I'm noticing Age of Decadence has a bunch of Song of Ice and Fireisms.
>>
>>180348180
>the Eylves and Orkins have been engaged in war on and off since herstory immemorial
>>
So I broke the seige on Ganezzar after visiting Al-Akir. But now I can't go back to Al-Akir, which only really leaves me with hellgate and dead river to move forward. Two routes are full of angry creatures and the third needs repairs I don't have. What to heck.
>>
>>180358414
Do you have streetwise/persuasion? Convince Benny to give you the amulet.
Do you have high alchemy? Walk through the lasers then make a salve that heals stat damage.
Can you craft? Sharpened steel+ should be good enough against constructs.
Can you dodge and fight reasonably well with a dagger? Sharpen a good dagger (Arbiter would be best) and use against scorpions for the sweet triple stab counterattack.
>>
>>180358793
Who's Benny?
>>
>>180348246
>You can do fine without traps as a thief. All you will miss is some optional loot.

You can do fine without most of those skills, doesn't mean they aren't useful. Ignoring traps is fine if you don't mind reloading every time you get blown up, but it's useful in a lot of situations more important than just optional loot. From the top of my head blowing up the caravan guards, not triggering the trap in the window when you break into the noble's house for the chalice Cado wants you to steal, or not stepping on the traps in the Ganezzar tunnels. Traps is pretty much a core skill for thieves.

>>180348630
Well, you don't have to do that quest in the first act. The first time I didn't even realize that this quest existed until I returned to Teron near the end of the game.
>>
>>180358979
The crazy guy with the long name you meet after you kill the first weak construct. The construct can also be dispatched in dialog if you've been to Zamedi and have the nullifier device.
>>
>>180359296
Haven't got the nullifier device, can't kill the construct in combat. Well, I probably could if I got some armor and dumped some of the points I have stocked, but not the point. Visited Zamedi, didn't see any way to get through the front door.
>>
>>180359381
>>180359296
I have discovered that there's a mercenary in the third city who you can send to his death in order to kill the first construct. Back on track, although kind of annoyed that the arch didn't give me al-akir's location.
>>
>>180359381
To get through the door in Zamedi you either need Gaelius to give you the crimson key (if you are his praetor), assassinate Gaelius personally and loot it from his secretary if you are a thief, or kill the demon in Inferiae and take his heart if you are anything else.

But if you can go back to one of the big cities and pick up a few black powder bombs you can easily kill the construct with them.
>>
>even an idiot would be able to overload this thing
>you don't even know where to start
send help, age of decadence is bullying me
>>
File: happening.png (29KB, 609x127px) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
29KB, 609x127px
>page 10
>>
What the heck is the prophet's drug cocktail? It's not just neurostimulant, is it?
>>
>>180360612
>shit dude you've only got 1 lore
>>
>>180359296
> The construct can also be dispatched in dialog if you've been to Zamedi and have the nullifier device
Only with lore. Talkers need to ask me mercenary in Ganezzar for help.
>>
>>180362768
crafting in this case
i actually pumped the 120 leftover skill points i had into crafting and lore to see if I could pass the check but still failed, so that was fun
>>
>>180363032
aod is the one game I don't mind using a wiki for
the first few blind runs were fun but after that I want to know how much shit I need for x or y just so I'm not cucked 10 hours in
>>
>>180363140
This was my first run. I spent a lot of time savescumming to test how little I could increase my skills in order to pass a given check. The noble bitch in Madoraan can suck a shit.
>>
>>180363264
>The noble bitch in Madoraan can suck a shit
Yeah that check can go fuck itself, way too high for a first quest in Madoraan.
>>
>>180363264
>This was my first run.
hope you enjoyed it
>>
>all these free points and gold for snooping around the inn
>walking around town and telling plebs to fuck off by mentioning Cado
I'm liking thief already
>>
>>180363893
was gud
sad I missed out on a lot of the tech stuff due to lacking crafting/lore, probably gonna do lore/crafting/alchemy next and see how much combat I can get through without actually putting much into combat
>>
>>180364529
>sad I missed out on a lot of the tech stuff due to lacking crafting/lore
You will always miss out on a lot of stuff. There's no way to do everything in one run. Makes them game really replayable though.

I think a crossbow combat build with lore/crafting is the overall most enjoyable build with probably the most content. Crossbows can completly ignore STR as it doesn't influence their damage so they have a lot of points to spend elsewhere. Crafting and lore both augment your effectiveness in combat and allow you to interact with pre-war stuff.
>>
>>180364765
>Crossbows can completly ignore STR
i think you still need 5 str for climbing on theif right?
>>
>>180364529
also: the fact that impersonate was used probably three times
kind of disappointing as a skill
still, was a+ the times it was relevant
>>
>>180365205
different skills are used a lot more depending on your background and what events you actually find
>>
>>180365205
Impersonate is used all the time if you play thief.
>>
>>180365059
Yeah thieves need at least 5 or they will fail miserably at climbing.

But ranged builds that really want to focus on combat should start as assassins for that invalueable +15 ranged bonus.
>>
>>180365356
>>180365298
intersting
i figured that it would show up the most in merchant, but I guess not? Merchant was a lot of streetwise, persuasion, and trade.
>>
>>180365441
>i figured that it would show up the most in merchant
You really think a jew impersonates people more than an assassin or a thief trying to get inside a place he doesn't belong to?
>>
>>180365594
Yeah, that's what sneak's for.
Jews gotta convince people they're more important than they really are.
>>
>>180365669
>Yeah, that's what sneak's for.
You can't always sneak past people.

>Jews gotta convince people they're more important than they really are.
"convince" being the key word.
>>
>My guild has uncovered a treacherous plot...
>I thought the Commercium had monopoly on those. Master Linos must have been outraged.

Kek. Everyone hates merchants.
>>
>How did it go?
>Antidas won't do anything until he sees a proof.
>An understandable position.
>I can forge the proof.
>Forging documents? You are moving up in the world, Gaius!

Is the Commercium path a sitcom or what? I can almost hear the laugh track.
>>
>>180366932
Nah, that would be Daratan Praetor.

>be Daratan Praetor in Madoraan
>Galieus keeps you locked in a room unitl he figures out what to do with you
>few days later some guys walks into the room

>so did Galieus figure out what to do with me yet?
>Nah he's dead actually, you're free to go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83lw0eFIJA
>>
>>180366932
gotta make the writing interesting on non-combat backgrounds
>>
File: 353540_20170617171525_1.png (971KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
353540_20170617171525_1.png
971KB, 1920x1080px
i blame you for this /indie/
>>
>>180368773
The fuck is that? Top-down Minecraft?
>>
File: ohmy.jpg (790KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.jpg
790KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>180369487
sosij
>>
>>180370093
Double crossbow sucks m8

You have 11 AP so get yourself a scoped standard one. It has a Snipe attack that cost 6 AP instead of regular 2 but deals 2 more damage, has ridiculously high THC and beefy bonus to CS. It's perfect against enemies you can't hit reliably from far away, like the later arena fights.

Standard crossbow reload cost 5 AP so just enough to snipe+reload or shot+reload+walk 2 tiles without any wasted leftover AP.

Also, why knife instead of a hand crossbow in the belt slot? Hand crossbow can attack in melee, deals pretty good damage, cost only 2 AP to shoot and has feint.
>>
>>180371212
>why knife instead of a hand crossbow in the belt slot?
because i have no idea what im doing
thanks for the tips
>>
File: Nordom.png (212KB, 272x441px) Image search: [Google]
Nordom.png
212KB, 272x441px
>>180370093
>word of honor
What's that?

>>180371212
>Double crossbow sucks
Nordom takes offense to that.
Nordom suggests you bend over and spread your buttcheeks.
>>
>>180371695
>What's that?
basically keeping your promises
makes you more trustworthy for certain dialogues
>>
What is your guys favorite starting build in invisible inc?
>>
>>180371782
Oh, it's taken into consideration.

>>180371840
Not the Early Access one.
>>
>>180371695
>Nordom takes offense to that
Nordom doesn't use a double crossbow, he use 2 hands crossbows which is very viable.

4 loaded hand crossbows in all weapon/belt slots is even more viable. 3 hand crossbows+shield is the ultimate tank build.
>>
>>180371917
>tfw didn't buy the hand crossbow in teron
Can only find one at the slums merchant, fletcher doesn't sell one
>>
>>180372457
You can make one with as little as 2 crafting.

Even if you have only 1 crafting, that's only 5 SPs. You will also be able to apply lvl 1 masterwork (+3% THC) and mechanical upgrade (+4% chance of the -3AP penalty).

If you are going to up your crafting to 2, craft a scoped standard scrossbow as well for the bonuses- Fletcher sells a blueprint for them.
>>
>>180372725
>lvl 1 masterwork (+3% THC) and mechanical upgrade (+4% chance of the -3AP penalty)
Other way around, masterwork for passive bonus, mechanical upgrade for THC.
>>
>>180372725
>snipe at them from afar
>when they get close to me I pull out two hand crossbows
hey this is pretty fun
>>
File: MakingBolter.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MakingBolter.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>180375325
Yeah, crossbows are fun because they have so many different options. All you do with a bow is shoot while with crossbow you have different attacks, different models, you can capitalize on them being pre-loaded and having very low AP cost to actually stoot etc.

That and pic related.
>>
File: theif.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theif.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
>>180375626
How's my thief looking? Not sure if I can spare points to invest into lore, might have to do a different background for it
Just started the quest to infiltrate the palace
>>
>>180376345
Don't get captured.
>>
File: TacitusEnd.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TacitusEnd.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
>>180376345
A little spread-out.

You can't really afford to put points into anything if you are investing in crossbows/crit strike/dodge and lockpick/sneak/steal/traps. I see you put a few into persuasion/streetwise, you can't afford doing that either and your combat skills are pretty low because of that. Forget about lore, you can't afford it either.

Here is my combat thief at the end of the game. I ignored traps completly. The only skills I put points into are crossbows/dodge/critical strike and lockpick/sneak/steal/alchemy, everything else is from free training.
>>
>>180376865
I also put point into bow/throwing because they give synergy bonus to crossbow THC- once crossbow cost becomes high enough it's actually a better deal to improve bows/throwing when they are still cheap.

Getting bows and throwing from lvl 1 to lvl 2 cost 10 SP and gives +6 THC to crossbows.

Each level of crossbows gives +10% THC. So once it becomes 30 SP, you are basically getting only 3.3 THC per 10 SP, less than bu upgrading bows and throwing to lvl 2. You are not getting the passive bonus that way, but THC is more important.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoP53DTpbmQ

>Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! will be available on Steam August 24th for $12.99!
>>
>>180378249
Cook, Serve, Delicious 2?

More like Cook, Serve, Delicious POO!
>>
>>180376865
seems like a weird way to play thief when you're just metagaming an assassin combat build
>>
>>180380293
Being a thief is not just about sneaking around a stealing stuff from locked chests. You could call this build a highwayman.
>>
>>180380628
Yeah a thief is whatever you want it to be
but
>100+ body count
>maxed out combat stats
>solves things with critical strike instead of talking
let's not lie to ourselves here
>>
>>180371886
Is the dlc in early access?
>>
File: what (2).jpg (192KB, 950x703px) Image search: [Google]
what (2).jpg
192KB, 950x703px
>>180380628
>Being a thief is not just about sneaking around a stealing stuff from locked chests
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>180379938
why you always gotta shit all over my jokes?
>>
>>180380964
Because your jokes are so shitty my face hurt everytime I read them.

>>180380920
There's a DLC now?
>>
>>180381484
Shitty? More like witty.
>>
File: Almost 300.jpg (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Almost 300.jpg
411KB, 1920x1080px
>>180380772
>100+ body count
That's low actually. At least 200+ is what real killers end up with.

>maxed out combat stats
Nah, they are not as high as a truly dedicated combat build would have. They got to be high if you want to fight though, no way around it.

>solves things with critical strike instead of talking
Talking has nothing to do with being a thief either. Intimidating people with body count so they keep quiet while you rob the place works well enough. Killing them works too.

>>180380956
Being a thief is not limited to opening locked chests and pickpocketing. Sometimes there are people between you and the loot that you can't sneak by. Killing them nets you more loot that talking.
>>
>yfw Into the Breach is announced to release before 2018
>>
>>180380772
Half of the thieves guild quest offer an option to kill shit.

The "Killer of Men" title is what you get if you finish the final thieves quest by just killing your way out of Teron.
>>
>>180382343
no need to reply to me twice autismo
>kill a lot of people
>get title saying you killed a lot of people
hmmm
>>
>>180382324
>>
>>180382485
Yeah, while being a thief. That's the point.
>>
>>180382631
yes I'm aware
the game gives you choices and you choose to murder everyone and anyone who doesn't do the same thing is playing wrong
can you stop replying to me now
not everyone is autistic with 700 hours in the game
>>
>>180381484
Ya it added a bunch of stuff im waiting till i finish a run on expert before i get it ik i suck
>>
File: Uyzdxlu.gif (780KB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
Uyzdxlu.gif
780KB, 325x203px
>>180382796
>Anon says it's weird to play a thief that also kills people

>point out the game is just throwing killing opportunities at you while playing a thief

>Anon gets extremely salty for no apparent reason
>>
File: AoD 2017-06-21 21-00-25-703.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
AoD 2017-06-21 21-00-25-703.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>180376345
Looks good to me. This is how I finished the game.
>>
>>180383383
>loyalty : 0
>>
File: 20170621210121_1.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170621210121_1.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>180383514
Lotta loyalty for a hired thief.
>>
>>180383514
I don't even know what gives loyalty in this questline, only what decreases it. Didn't have any loyalty as an Imperial Guard either.
>>
>>180383834
>no loyalty
>no honor
>still some prestige
>>
>>180385825
I'm not just any piece of shit, I'm a famous
piece of shit.
>>
>>180388429
The worst part is that it makes sense.
>>
>>180362637
When does he say that?
>>
File: header.jpg (100KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
100KB, 460x215px
What are some underrated indie games that no one ever talks about?
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1497901343.jpg (59KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1497901343.jpg
59KB, 460x215px
What are some overrated pieces of shit that everyone wildly shill?
>>
Indie is a relative term.
>>
>>180392697
"Fun" is a relative term.
>>
>>180393125
Why did you spell Pearl Harbor?
>>
File: sitcom.jpg (819KB, 1537x848px) Image search: [Google]
sitcom.jpg
819KB, 1537x848px
>>180366932
>>180367534
>>
>>180395689
brilliant
>>
>>180395689
So basically Game of Thrones with a bunch of idiots and demons.
>>
>>180395689
Man Galieus really let himself go.
>>
>>180396570
And a much, much smaller budget.
>>
>>180397070
Fun repartees aren't expensive.
>>
File: 1457549165932.jpg (966KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1457549165932.jpg
966KB, 2688x1520px
Don't Starve has the cutest monsters.

Too bad the game is HARD AS BALLS
>>
File: oH.png (30KB, 608x126px) Image search: [Google]
oH.png
30KB, 608x126px
>>180390642
He says it if you interact with him using the lenses you stole from his house.
>>
>>180246212
>Anything else I should add, or any upcoming games from E3?
I think this looks neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVlcsqVmMgM
>>
>>180400174
It's tough, but you just gotta learn how to prepare and when to run away.
>>
>>180405789
Hope I can run it.
>>
indie games are fun y'know
>>
>>180410816
yeah sometimes
>>
File: de.jpg (36KB, 620x322px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
36KB, 620x322px
I really like Hand of Fate.
>>
>>180413416
Combat could use a bit more options. too much batman wannabe.

Game itself is not too robust. It's hanged on the strangest things.

They didn't capitalize on the cards either, no database or card album.

There's not enough personality in the different things you can choose to do.

but yeah, I like hand of fate
>>
>>180413416
If the combat and the camera work were a bit more refined it would be perfect.
>>
>>180414064
>too much batman wannabe
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>180416545
The combat in Hand of Fate is blatantly Batman Arkham combat.
>>
>>180416726
Oh, you mean Prince of Persia, who came up BEFORE Arkham?

I thought that game was just some Magic the Gathering wannabe.
>>
File: HK_05.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HK_05.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What's the deal with this cave that you need to climb one of the Great Elevators to reach?

There's three explody bats and nothing else
>>
>>180416889
Basically Hand of Fate has a map of cards laid face down in front of you and you move your character from card to card. The cards you land on are different encounters or items that you put into your deck beforehand. The dealer also forces his own cards into your deck. Your objective is to get to the boss of the map, or go as far as possible in endless mode.
>>
>>180416889
Prince of Persia had much less to do with blocking and counters. Hand of Fate is almost entirely about pressing the counter button at the right moment, the spells/weapon abilities were almost not recommended due to the odd casting animation and recovery time. Some enemies just don't give you the chance to use them.
>>
>>180418071
Prince of Persia still used the freeform fighting system waaaay before Arkham arrived and improved it, promptin all newfags to incorrectly assume Batman Arkham Asylum invented it.
>>
>>180418193
You are being pedantic. If Batman was the game that popularized it, then the games that just so happen to have nearly identical combat to Batman probably had that game in mind and not Prince of Persia.
>>
>>180418382
>is proven wrong
>relies on insults and personal attacks
I accept your surrender.
>>
>>180418498
>insults and personal attacks

What? Do you even know what pedantic means?
>>
>>180418193
I'm really, really not talking about simply "feeform fighting".

Prince of Persia is a completely different experience to Batman combat, even discarding the time shenanigans, and saying that Hand of Fate is like Prince of Persia is frankly an insult to PoP.
>>
File: 0XcHJiA.jpg (67KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
0XcHJiA.jpg
67KB, 600x340px
What game let me punch a llama?
>>
File: 1479458384202.gif (5KB, 365x378px) Image search: [Google]
1479458384202.gif
5KB, 365x378px
>track 10 - Don't Fear the Reaper
>track 11 - Fear the Reaper
>>
>>180418193
Which game are you talking about, Warrior Within? Ive only played Sands of Time and thats much more closer to Oni than the combat in Arkham Asylum.
>>180418071
This sounds more like Assasins Creed where counter is an instant win.
>>
>>180420034
Hand of Fate counters are not instant wins.
>>
>>180420034
not instant, not instant at all. You need to counter some 4 times to kill a single enemy, and your counters will be spread between different targets, and the limited invul frames of counters mean that you'll get hit anyway if you choose the wrong enemy to counter in a crowded fight.

And it's ALWAYS a crowded fight, the arenas are miniscule compared to arkham.
>>
File: real.png (74KB, 606x250px) Image search: [Google]
real.png
74KB, 606x250px
>listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVX8bdYCAUo
>legitimately wish that I didn't finish the solstice chapter as quickly as I did and that I could do it for the first time again
>>
Cryptark (Early Access 2D Space Shooter) just released yesterday. Gonna buy it later and report if it's shit or not.
>>
>>180420808
It has a tiny voice actor so that's already good
>>
>>180420472
Poor cute Niko. I want to hug her.
>>
File: 1457824840881.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1457824840881.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
How do I get good at Battle Brothers?
>>
>>180416959
It's a shortcut to another area, only after you've gone to that area.
>>
>>180423605
With MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS, AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES
>>
>>180423764
Oh you.
>>
>>180423605
That depends on when the enemy will be at your door.
>>
>>180423605
Well hopefully next campaign goes better after watching 40 minutes of tutorial
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>180420808
The menu is pleasant. Options are comprehensive enough, nothing in the way of graphical options.
I am annoyed at the lack of back buttons and thus the need to use the escape key.
>>
>>180427382
First mission done:
>Controls are good, mouse and keyboard
>Having weapons bound to mouse-1, F, and mouse-3, with Boost on Space, and Shield on mouse-2 is a little awkward, but nothing horrible, will probably rebind
>Map controls both overworld and in-game map are ass, you control a targeting reticle exclusively with WASD
>No option to change this either
Tutorial Warship was simple, but definitely a good introduction as well.
>>
>>180413416
for some reason i thought this was a card game
>>
File: header.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
This came out yesterday, has anyone else given it a shot yet?
It's pretty much what I want from a Twin Stick Shooter, but I wish there was more official content. Relying on fans creating more levels feels like a gamble, and the online wasn't alive whenever I checked.
>>
>>180428702
Also, I fucking suck at this game.
>>
File: 20170622015857_1.jpg (230KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170622015857_1.jpg
230KB, 1600x900px
good lord what a confusing starting point. my quest is to explore 90% of the dungeons; which way do you think i should go first?
>>
>>180435423
Right, up, all the way right, backtrack for 1 room on the left, then down, left at skipped room in the square of 4, then continue down and around until clear. I hope you brought plenty of torches.
>>
So you can't block without a shield, right? And it looks like the armor penalties are the same in either case. Does that just make the choice between block and dodge 'do i want to use a shield or not'?
>>
>>180435638
thanks. i brought 12 and found 1 so far
>>
File: 20170622022324_1.jpg (217KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170622022324_1.jpg
217KB, 1600x900px
NOT AGAIN! this run was going fine. should i run immediately?
>>
>>180436713
There's a chance you're going to lose that sniper either way.
>>
>healing potions don't work during combat
what the fuck, why not
>>
>>180437909
Abstraction, game balance.
>>
>>180438083
it says in the flavor text that it works instantly
I feel cheated
>>
File: 20170622023554_1.jpg (127KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170622023554_1.jpg
127KB, 1600x900px
>>180437202
i ran; i had a really bad encounter with him before so i didnt wanna risk it. almost ended up dying in one fight cause of some bad rng, but i made it out ok.
>>
>>180438142
Oh cool, you'll get your revenge soon enough. After you have a little half your inventory full he'll have a chance to show up if you want to totally avoid him.
>>
>>180435901
Block is more tanky and reliable because you have chance of adding your shield DT to armor DT (partial block) on top of avoiding damage altogether (full block). Large shields have beefy bonuses vs. ranged so they make your life a lot easier in fights with archers/crossbowmen.

On the other hand shields limit you to 1h weapons and sometimes give THC penalties.

Dodge is more agressive because you are allowed to use 2h hard-hitting weapons and have a chance to counterattack whrn enemy misses, greatly increasing the amount of damage you deal.

On the other hand it's more prone to RNG fuckery because it's all or nothing.

Up to you.
>>
The fact that this general keeps dying is nice.

It can only mean that people are busy playing indies!
>>
>>180441715
Or sleeping
>>
>>180441825
Playing indies in their sleep!
>>
>>180441715
Playing Pointless now. I decided to be a cheap bastard and download a save that killed the dynamite guy early on in Trash Island.

Will probably replay Arkantos, but I have to figure out how to disable the crows exploding on hell mode. I already played the game normally, but I got the bad end...and then a bug got me stuck in a building so I couldn't see how the bad end ended...and then by hard drive got fried so i got to start all over again and no way am I doing all those bullshit battles any more times than I need to.
>>
File: flip_over_desk.jpg (33KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
flip_over_desk.jpg
33KB, 600x315px
>dorkest dungeon
>painfully levelled my heroes to level 3 to have an easy time through the ruins
>"nah mate I'm too precious to do scrub mission, send me to a really hard one so I can get sodomized by tentacles"
Fuck you.
>>
>>180445249
sounds like artificial difficulty
>>
File: __u.jpg (359KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
__u.jpg
359KB, 846x1024px
>>180445772
I'm already not fond of the "hey you successfully finished a quest, so now all your heroes have smallpox" idea, but punishing me for levelling my heroes is something only Hitler would've come up with.
>>
File: 1491649270577.webm (374KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491649270577.webm
374KB, 640x960px
>>180419673
Maybe if she gets added to the Kemono Friends fighting game.
>>
File: tumblr_oo1dhdVKRC1u1uu77o1_1280.png (638KB, 1152x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo1dhdVKRC1u1uu77o1_1280.png
638KB, 1152x1920px
>>180445840
>>180445249
>>180445840

Maybe you should try Radiant Mode. That eases up the level restrictions.
>>
>>180446963
I want to punch a llama, not a cute girl.
>>
>>180445249
Seconding radiant mode. Combat's the same difficulty, but the grind is less and level restrictions are eased.
>>
>>180447515
>>180448782
IT'S ALREADY RADIANT DIFFICULTY, AND HALF OF MY TEAM IS SICK AND THE OTHER DEVELOPPED NEGATIVE TRAITS FROM SUCCESSFULLY FINISHING A QUEST

WINNING PENALIZES YOU IN THAT GAME
>>
>>180448947

That's weird, on Radiant mode, level 3 and 4 guys should be able to go to the noob dungeons.
>>
>>180449021
That's indeed weird.

Someone hold me, if I accidentally picked the wrong difficulty, I'm going to be quite a little upset.
>>
File: Select_Radiant[1].png (74KB, 254x258px) Image search: [Google]
Select_Radiant[1].png
74KB, 254x258px
>>180449067
Go to the menu, does your little skull thing next to your save file look like this with a bright yellowish light? That means it's radiant.

If it's a faint white, you picked normal mode. Red is hard mode.
>>
>>180449240
Welp.

It's normal.
Fuck this game. I don't know how people are supposed to play normally without ending with a team full of kleptomaniac coughing retards. I'm uninstalling it anyway, too many flaws to compensate the good aspect of the game.
>>
>>180449478
>without ending with a team full of kleptomaniac coughing retards
most negative quirks don't really matter that much. and i've been spending a lot of time in the weald and not getting more diseases than I can handle, usually no more than one a week

in other news: holy shit the antiquarian increases your gold gain goddamn i am getting antiques left and right
>>
File: tumblr_oo9g5m9xLt1taxmcxo3_1280.jpg (395KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo9g5m9xLt1taxmcxo3_1280.jpg
395KB, 1280x1816px
>>180449478

There are buildings and curios that remove bad quirks. There are also curios and heroes who can remove diseases too (she's called Plague DOCTOR for a reason), alongside the same building that removes bad quirks. Also, most of the bad quirks aren't crippling and you can toss the hero into another dungeon just fine.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game though. Hope you pirated it or can get a refund. Personally, I'm still looking forward to playing the DLC once I get paid.
>>
File: tumblr_on1silWnQH1s42gbeo1_1280.png (410KB, 1280x1813px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on1silWnQH1s42gbeo1_1280.png
410KB, 1280x1813px
>>180449731

>in other news: holy shit the antiquarian increases your gold gain goddamn i am getting antiques left and right

Fun fact, you know how the Antiquarian increases how big your gold stacks can get? This effect stacks for multiple Antiquarians. And you know how you can get an artifact from each battle with an Antiquarian? Multiple antiquarians = multiple trinkets. If you can make a party of 4 of these Jewesses and have them survive a dungeon run, you can make out like a bandit.
>>
>>180449731
>most negative quirks don't really matter that much
Except when they open every fucking thing on their way and keep the treasure for themselves.

>>180449743
>she's called Plague DOCTOR for a reason
>she's called
>she
Wh0t

Anyway, no. I have no goddamn idea if I'm supposed to play like XCOM and get attached to my characters or treat them as expendable, but I know for sure it's not my kind of game. It's coded in such a way that you never truly win. Stress builds up constantly, even with 90+ light, you get negative traits and afflictions even if you win, and if you try to clean your team, you bleed money, so you're forced to send them back in even if they beg you not too (though trying to send them in a level too hard for them is hilarious).
Thankfully, armor, weapons and skills upgrades aren't that expensive.

Too late for a refund, sadly, but I think I'll try Thea. Apparently, the combat is shit, but the expeditions are more about getting ressources than killing stuff.

>>180449932
Anyone tried a 4 Antiquarian run?
>>
File: plague_doctor.sprite.afflicted.png (1MB, 2134x1131px) Image search: [Google]
plague_doctor.sprite.afflicted.png
1MB, 2134x1131px
>>180449990
>>Anyone tried a 4 Antiquarian run?

I've seen people do it. This guy made 40K with a 4Anti run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-vjgs6r1DY

>Wh0t

Note the bewbz. It's most obvious when she's afflicted, but you can see them on her regular sprite too.

>Except when they open every fucking thing on their way and keep the treasure for themselves.
So toss 'em in the nuthouse until they're not kleptomaniac anymore.

>Stress builds up constantly, even with 90+ light
Were you killing the stressfags, or were you busy chopping up the guys in front while the wine skeletons were stress-bukkakeing your heroes? Those guys in the game are where the bulk of your stress comes from, so killing them quick cuts down on the stess you take. Notice how in the first fight in the video, the guy talks out the cultist witch first, and how he ends the dungeon run with most of the ladies on low stress.

>I have no goddamn idea if I'm supposed to play like XCOM and get attached to my characters or treat them as expendable

Sort of a mix. Level zero and one heroes are plebs and if one of them is a klepto or has some super horrible thing you don't want to deal with, give them the boot. But a high level hero is more important since it takes a decent amount of resources to get him up to snuff.
>>
>>180450543
>Were you killing the stressfags, or were you busy chopping up the guys in front while the wine skeletons were stress-bukkakeing your heroes?
I was busy FUCKING WALKING and the stress still raises !

>toss 'em in the nuthouse
-1 000 gold, which is 1/3 of my earn. And no, I didn't get any antiquerian so far. Neither I got a leper, a man-at-arms or an abomination.
Was I supposed to unlock them?

>But a high level hero is more important since it takes a decent amount of resources to get him up to snuff
Yeah, not a game for me at all. I like Majesty, you know? That game where you hire heroes and they level up and get better stuff with the bounties they recover.
I understand the ideas behind Darkest Dungeon's features and they're pretty brilliant, but from a gameplay perspective, I find them obnoxious. Even if it's indeed very cute to have new, eager heroes.

Darkest Dungeon is the kind of game I'd happily read a Let's Play of, but that I'd rather not play myself.
>>
>>180451245
>Was I supposed to unlock them?
Nah, just rng which classes show up at the stagecoach. You can increase the number of people you get weekly, but that's it.
>>
File: 1.png (596KB, 748x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
596KB, 748x1492px
There is something bizarrely amusing about the first page of all Steam games listed by user reviews. Mostly the fact that Ty the Tasmanian Tiger technically the highest rated non-dlc video game on Steam.
>>
>>180453256
It's because only people who remembered it bought it and they already like the game. No one else is going to buy a semi-obscure platformer from a time when they were going by the wayside.
>>
>>180423605
getting all your dudes lined up in formation has worked well for me. make sure most of em have shields too.

then all you have to do is keep an eye on their fatigue, dont use shieldwall/spearwall unnecessarily.
>>
>>180453256
>Factorio on first page
As a member of /egg/, I am proud
>>
>>180453256
Is there a goal to Factorio? I understand the idea is to build a factory, but is there more than that or is it just a sandbox?
>>
File: handrubbing.jpg (21KB, 557x159px) Image search: [Google]
handrubbing.jpg
21KB, 557x159px
>steam sales
>>
>>180458302
Oy, 9 billions dead.
>>
>>180458452
Statistically speaking dead Jews make up only a small fragment of the world's dead human population.
>>
>>180458604
Denying the Lol'ocaust? In jail you go!
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>180458452
>>
>>180458775
Context?
>>
>>180459159
Convinced the local lord to put a hit out on an enemy faction leader in the same town. Lord asks for money as support which is playing into the merchant guild's hands.
>>
>>180459349
Two birds one stone.

The merchants are really scary.
>>
>>180459391
they really are
in the third chapter you need to convince the ruler of a town who is also extremely religious that you're also chosen by "God"
so the merchant guild pays a bunch of people to pretend to get healed by you in a big crowd
but they sort of see through the plan so they pick a random from the audience who isn't payed off but having chest pains. If you have high enough charisma you can convince him he's feeling better and they end up believing you
>>
>>180459587
That's well written and really clever.
>>
what are you guys going to be looking out for on the sale?
I'm hoping for rimworld
>>
>>180462628
snakebird
>>
>>180462628
Swat 4.

Since GoG doesn't let me connect.
>>
>>180462857
I've heard this mentioned several times. Is the game actually good or is it just a joke around here?
>>
>>180455068
2nded.
>>180456930
The game's given goal is to launch a rocket. The actual goal is to have fun building autism factories and dealing with the ravenous hordes of Aliens. Mods expand this into one helluvah drug.
>>
>tfw own factorio but never even booted it up
i fear the game and my own autism
>>
yeesh, Robert was a right bastard till the end. Double meteor is not fair at all.
>>
>>180445772
>game doesn't allow you to roflstomp weak enemies with overleveled heroes
>artficial difficulty
>>
>>180463850
Same but with LA Noire.

>>180463776
A rocket or a ship?
>>
>>180464029
Also bad game design.
>>
>>180465847
Do you consider gender categorization in olympic games a bad game deisgn as well?
>>
>>180466358
>deisgn
Fuck off, ESL.
>>
>>180466358
The guy you're replying to is a myopic fuckhead but this is a massively retarded argument. No analogy is perfect but this one shatters at the slightest contemplation.
>>
>>180466653
That's pretty verbose for a "you're both retarded" line.
>>
>>180466653
You're the myopic one if you don't see why that shit is bad game design. It's almost as bad as level scaling enemies a la bethesda.
>>
>>180466868
>make indefensibly bad analogy
>get evasive when called out
Sure dude.
>>
>>180467157
your argument is like a cheeseburger without cheese
>>
>>180467157
>everyone I don't like is the same guy
Whatever suits you, buddy.
>>
>>180466653
>No analogy is perfect but this one shatters at the slightest contemplation
In what way? Gender categorization in olympic games exist for the exact same reason level restriction exist in DD- to prevent roflstomping.
>>
This general gets pretty damn autistic over Dankest Dungeon.
>>
>>180467374
If you can't understand the difference between designing rule sets for the benefit of preserving the entertainment value in person on person competition presented for spectators and designing them for person on software recreational play then you're not qualified to opine on design at all.
>>
>>180467558
It usually starts when the autists with hateboners rise up, then the one that feel like they need to reply and the senseless back and forth starts.
>>
>>180467558
Two guys and a tripfag don't make the whole general tho
>>
>>180467558
Blame the fanboys who defend DD as if their lives depended on it.
>>
>>180467694
>If you can't understand the difference
There is little difference if any.

>y-you just don't get it
Not an argument. If you are not going to explain your point you might as well just stop posting.
>>
>>180465738
>A rocket or a ship?
A rocket. As in build a rocket silo and launch it into space.
>>180463850
Just dew it.
>>
COSMIC EXPRESS ON SALE
>>
>>180470818
Steam servers shitting themselves badly
>>
>>180462628
Ghost 1.0
>>
E.Y.E. is $3.99 instead of $1. What is this shit? I thought they basically gave it away every sale.
>>
>>180471763
Streum-on needs the cash after the blunder that was their Warhammer 40k game
>>
>>180471763
Part of the initiative to make Steam sales totally underwhelming with 100% consistency.
>>
Wheres the Humble Indie bundle
I have to wait another week
>>
>>180472013
You mean you aren't interested in a bunch of bloatware-tier computer utilities?
>>
>>180471737
And it isnt on sale
Oh well
>>
Reminder not to buy Blade Symphony because its going f2p soon
>>
>>180472673
Reminder not to buy Blade Symphony 'cause it's fucking dead.
>>
>>180472673
>tfw i bought blade symphony
>it was fun
>got tired of playing with the same people all the time
>got tired of getting yelled at for cheesing because i played the breakdancing guy
>meanwhile the samurai could kill in one hit and everyone was okay with it
>>
>>180472673
Reminder to not play Blade Symphony because it's potential is lost on shitty devs who think jump cancelling animations and bunny hopping are good for the good
>>
>>180473359
I passed on Mirage Arcane Warfare for similar reasons
>>
>>180473517
mirage was just bad and floaty, Blade Symphony is really tight and the blade trajectories are super cool
the game is really fun if you play with inhouse rules of no jumping
>>
>>180473359
That's what made Gunz the Duel good though.
>>
>>180473753
What went wrong with Gunz2?
>>
>>180473273
>implying fucking Judgement, of all characters, is overpowered
This is hilarious. Post this shit on the forums.

>>180473753
>what makes one game good must necessarily improve other games
Gunz's default gameplay was pretty basic and subverting it with exploits added a new dimension of play to the game. Blade Symphony's default play is good and what the other guy is complaining about undermines that core gameplay and turns it into something else that's less enjoyable. Same with Chivalry; the advanced tech raises the skill ceiling but it also changes the dynamic of the game so much as to ruin what made it enjoyable in the first place.

>>180474012
He's saying "as-intended" Gunz was pretty fucking boring and that the game was saved by all the wacky techniques people discovered that were never intended by developers, and he's right, but that doesn't mean the same should be true of every or any other game.
>>
>>180473753
that's a really null argument
did you play both games? Do you understand the differences between the two?
Gunz the duel base game was complete trash, it was a special kind of gem that i spent a lot of my younger years playing due to the skill level of having to constantly execute k style and moving around quick while trying to aim at an opponent doing the same
It's the opposite with Blade Symphony. The base game is perfectly fine and good, it's fun to slap each other around or use spacing. Parrying with blade trajectories is great, and chain linking into a light/mid/heavy continuing from where the last one left off is also really good. The game is completely broken by jump canceling and bunny hopping and is also what killed it
>goes on sale steam front page the one time
>gets a huge boost in players peaking at 3k
>every top player who has been autistically playing the game 24/7 abuses glitches to shit on newbies while looking like bunny hopping retards
>unlike k style that looked stylish and made you want to learn it
>devs make public statement that they have no intention to fix it
>game hemorrhages players till dead
I'm sure the devs thought the exact same thing you just said but it's just proven to be incorrect. While K styling and animation cancelling in gunz made the game more fast paced and raised the skill ceiling(because of the execution barrier), jump canceling and bunny hopping in Blade Symphony was very low effort and even a retard could execute it for a massive boost in win % vs players who didn't do the same ridiculous looking shit.
>>
>>180474264
>Judgement
not him but he probably means the dao chick
I haven't in played in forever but I remember her doing very high counter damage
>>
>>180474012
It had more style. That's pretty much it because all the fun of Gunz came from breaking the game.
>>
>>180474514
I seriously doubt it. Judgement is the samurai-est samurai in the game.
>>
>>180474264
>>180474335
>garbage party game saved by non intentional mechanics that adds depth
Hmm, sounds familiar
>>
>>180474871
Gunz isn't a party game.
>>
File: gemcraft 0.png (756KB, 690x542px) Image search: [Google]
gemcraft 0.png
756KB, 690x542px
So, how many people are familiar with this series?
>>
>>180468993
Sounds easy.
>>
>>180476270
Lightly.
>>
>>180476270
I played a good chunk of 2
>>
Grim Dawn got patched.
>>
>>180477382
2 is actually the only game in the series I haven't touched at all. I've finished 1 with 48 glowing frames, and I am on my way to finish 0 (supergemming is pretty much the way to go). I've also played a bit of Labyrinth; speaking of Labirynth they made the premium features free since the guys that made stuff work disbanded and since Game in a Bottle can't track who bought the stuff and who didn't, they just gave it out for free, on their site. I remember finding the game series back when 0 was just one year old and was still the newest entry, but I knew jackshit about supergemming back then so I didn't gave it much time.

Fairly sure each game upped the length; from 48 levels to 78, then to 169 and I have no idea how many 2 has.
>>
>>180223507
>>180228723
Reminds me of Wizardry Eight and Might of Magic series. How does it play and how much does it cost?
>>
>Sales did not live up to our expectations either. While things could have certainly gone much worse, our hopes were to recoup our costs within the first month or two. That didn’t happen, and it’s looking like it never will.
http://aeiowu.com/writing/tumbleseed/

I kind of feel bad but they really should have pushed the release date back for more playtesting and balancing.
The new enemies introduced in the second area are great and their patterns and AI provide a more difficult challenge than the enemies in the first section but they overwhelm you with too many. The difficulty spike is too sudden. If they kept the same enemy types but just lowered the amount that spawn a little, it would be a lot more manageable.

I hope the new update helps fix these problems and gets some good word of mouth going. I really like this game in spite of the poor balancing and would like it to do well.
>>
>>180481472
Redpill me on that game. What is it?
>>
File: it's ok.jpg (27KB, 516x281px) Image search: [Google]
it's ok.jpg
27KB, 516x281px
Another Oneshot dev's post
Kip/Silver porn when?
>>
>>180476270
literally my life when i was in middle school
>>
>>180482362
Is Niko an adult?
>>
>>180478001
I should probably start up a build on this that isn't playable with just my right hand.
>>
>>180453256
I like that Factorio and OneShot are both on the first page.

What the hell is Epic Battle Fantasy 4 though? That game has popped up so many times in Steam's recommended search function over the years.
>>
>>180483050
It's a game about epic battles in a fantasy universe, duh.
>>
>>180483050
I played one of the EBF games on Kongregate.
It's just a popular flash RPG that makes fun of generic RPG tropes IIRC.
>>
>>180483050
It's an RPG.

If memory serves right the first two installments are pretty much a series of fights without overworld.
>>
>>180482532

I think someone posted an ask about that in an earlier thread and the creator said that Niko was a kid.
>>
>>180482532
No, they're obviously a kid as >>180483489 said.
Do not bully Niko, they need hugs and pancakes, not bullies.
>>
>>180482532
Niko is unambiguously a child.
>>
>>180481573
It's a roguelite game inspired by an old arcade game called Ice Cold Beer.
You indirectly control a little round seed by raising and lowering the sides of a platform at the bottom of the screen to make the little seed roll around.
The goal is to make it through four zones to the top of the mountain while avoiding falling in holes or being killed by enemies.
The movement mechanics take a bit to get used to while you get the hang of the momentum and how to quickly move around without losing control but it's satisfying once you can handle it.

Your seed has powers which are activated by rolling over nodes on the ground and paying a certain amount of crystals (which can be laying on the ground, are dropped from defeated enemies or are given by rolling over three nodes with the Crystal power-up) to use them. This is probably the most well-executed thing about the game because the constant resource management and risk/reward of paying to use specific powers is very engaging.
Every node you come across is an important decision in regards to what you do with it. Do you spend a crystal to create a check-point? Do you spend three crystals to make a thunderstorm that fills every hole on screen with water, letting you bypass the upcoming holes? Do you spend 1 heart each at four seperate nodes to get another heart of health? It's a very straightfoward resource system but it's executed very well so you're constantly making difficult decisions.
The rate at which you get the powers for the seed is consistent through the run. You start off with the same four powers each time (Checkpoint Flag, Spikes, Crystal, Health) and recieve one new power for free at the halfway point for each zone and there is a store at each village (basically resting points between each zone) where you can buy up to three powers if you've got the money.

There's a lot more I haven't mentioned like the passive effects you can unlock, hidden events, optional in-game quests.

1/2
>>
>>180483527
I don't want to bully Niko, I just want to cuddle them and platonically hug them.
>>
>>180483664
That sounds interesting, but unfortunately, it doesn't sound like the kind of game that I like.
>>
>>180483757
then why did that anon was it you ask if they're an adult
>>
>>180483664
That's just the basic run-down.

I really enjoy the game but the difficulty spike is really severe and would benefit from more balancing. They've just put out a big update on Steam which is meant to address all of the concerns and criticisms against the game but I haven't played it yet because I got it on the Switch. As a side note, the HD Rumble is probably the best implementation I've seen on the console. It's perfectly synced with the sound and movement of your seed rolling across the screen. It doesn't effect gameplay, it just bolsters the sound design incredibly.

If the game had a demo I'd tell you to play that and see what you think but you might have to pirate the PC version and try it if you're not sure about plunking down for it on Steam.

2/2
>>
>>180484013
Because I can hug a kid, it's okay.
But hugging an adult is weird.

Same with spanking.
>>
>>180483972
>it doesn't sound like the kind of game that I like.
That's okay. It's definitely a niche game.
It's a roguelite that demands mechanical precision and won't let you substitute skill with RNG.
I really hope the update fixes the balancing issues. I find the core game to be rock-solid, the nuts and bolts just need to be tightened up.
>>
>>180484287
Yeah, fuck, between FTL and Darkest Dungeon, I just don't like roguelites. Give me a strategy game and I'll have a lot of fun, but roguelites are just not my type of game.
>>
>>180484143
>same with spanking
>spanking Niko
>okay
i am not sure if I am getting stupid or you're wording this poorly
>>
>>180484407
"from FTL to Darkest Dungeon" isn't exactly the gamut of roguelites, but whatever
>>
>>180484407
Those both sound like strategy roguelites to me. Maybe try some actions roguelites like Isaac or Gungeon.
>>
>>180484734
Personally, I'd recommend Spelunky as the best starter roguelite over something like Isaac.
>>
>>180484727
I consider them roguelite because they follow a few trends that rogues introduced, such as permanent death, always getting pushed forward, and also because I saw them described as roguelites and I don't know enough about rogue games to know if it was bollocks or not.

>>180484636
>implying you wouldn't spank them if given a chance
>>
>>180413416
Its really cool, but the combat really sucks badly as you get further and further into the game.
>>
>>180484854
At the very least I wouldn't recommend two topdown shooters if I were trying to talk up the possible variety of the roguelite genre.
>>
>>180484894
But why would you do that to them? Do they really deserve that? They're just a smol kid.
>>
>>180485369
Because Niko's cute.
And I'm sure that if Niko were to cry, they'd be even cuter.
>>
File: Futurama-Fry.jpg (16KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
Futurama-Fry.jpg
16KB, 552x414px
>>180485549
>tfw unsure if that counts as physical AND emotional abuse

Do you really want to do that? Do you want to spank Niko just to satisfy your weird urge?

They're just a kid thrown into a quest of saving a dying world, separated from their mom. They already have it as it is.
>>
File: cme.jpg (249KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cme.jpg
249KB, 1200x1200px
>>
I just bought Gunpoint, what will I think of it?
>>
>>180482362
Ill toss Niko ___
>>
>>180486170
Don't expect to be mindblown but it's quite solid for what it is. Also
>buy game
>ask what you'll think of it afterward
What a dummy.
>>
>>180485761
>>180485798
DOESN'T SEEM VERY SCARED TO ME

>>180486170
I kinda liked it. It's sometimes frustrating when you're trying to figure out how to deal with the guards, but I liked jumping around the city, and how guards reacted to the gun.
And of course, the differents endings.
>>
>>180486484
>>180485798
>buff Niko
Alula has more brain muscles than Niko.
>>
>>180485761
Also, to answer your question, spanking Niko may be physical abuse (depends what you spank them with, if it's just your hand, it should be okay, if it's a bullwhip, it's probably too much), but it's definitely emotional abuse.

That's their fault for being so cute and small anyway.
>>
Hold on a second

From where are North Underrail and South Underrail connected? Is it from Upper Underrail?
>>
>>180487092
>that's their fault for being so cute and small anyway
No, that's the fault of their parents and their biology, respectively. Not their fault that their parents' genetics made them a cute slice of pie. and that kids of their species are smol.

Has this ever happened with any other character other than Niko? If yes, you might have a problem, dear anon.
>>
>>180487430
No, Lower Underrail. At the faceless blockade just northeast of Core City station.
>>
>>180487508
I just like little Niko, I want to see Niko making all kind of faces.
Being interested, being fascinated, being sad, being crying...
>>
>>180487778
Ah, I see, thanks.
>>
>>180488017
Friendly reminder that there are tears of happiness and if you're lucky, you can make somebody feel blueish without being mean to them.
>>
>>180488530
Too complicated. I'll just spank Niko, and then pet them, and feed them pancakes.
>>
File: angery.png (14KB, 3565x340px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
14KB, 3565x340px
>>180488589
>I'll just spank Niko and then pet them and feed them pancakes
>>
>>180483664
>It's a roguelite game
dropped
roguelite isn't a thing
>>
>>180488765
Then what it is? What is Nuclear Throne, Rogue Legacy or Enter the Gungeon?
>>
>>180488765
autism
>>
>>180438332
>After you have a little half your inventory full he'll have a chance to show up if you want to totally avoid him.
what is considered half? just half the slots or do you need a certain number of items stacked in each slot? cause it seems to me that, at least in medium dungeons, my inventory fills up almost immediately. the provisions alone are almost half of the inventory already

does anyone know what these vials of blood do? theyre from the new DLC i believe and ive gotten several of them in the ruins so far
>>
>>180488754
Yesss... Let the anger flow through you.
Soon, you will become my slave, and you'll spank Niko yourself so that I get to play the good guy and hug a crying little Niko.
>>
Look kids Niko is a boy so stop using that "they" shit alright?
>>
reminder to hide and ignore spankposter

>>180489405
this
>>
Look kids Niko is a girl so stop using that "they" shit alright?
>>
>>180489496
this
>>
File: 20161206150005-258af.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
20161206150005-258af.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Look kids Niko is ambiguous so keep using that "they" shit alright?
>>
File: no.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>180489405
>>180489496
>>180489652
>>180489430
>>180489839
Somebody asked dev 'Is Niko a boy or a girl?' Dev responded 'Yes.'
>>180489073
PURIFICATION IN PROGRESS[/spoiler[
>>
>>180489496
>>180489839
Look at this https://www.behindthename.com/name/niko

He's a boy and a slav.
>>
>>180489990
Oh no, not him.
Niko is for soft bullying, to feel their huge, fluffy sleeves around you as you hug them.

Not for killing with a bat.

>>180490035
>literally pushing his own headcanon
Fuck off.
>>
>>180490035
>slav
doesn't look like one i am a slav so i can tell
>>
>>180490150
>implying slavs aren't cute catboys/catgirls/catwhatever
YOU CAN'T HIDE THE TRUTH
>>
>>180490132
>soft bullying
do you want Niko to become a pile of mess when they grow up.

also the bat is for you not for Niko
>>
>>180490273
Making Niko cry once won't magically turn them into a mess.
Only retards and liberals think that.

Source : I cried a lot in my childhood and I'm-okay nevermind bad example.
>>
>it's a 'abuse niko' edition
You better hope Niko can't read this.
>>
>>180490406
>cry once
>once
I think we have a case of miscommunication.
>being okay
>browsing 4chan
pick one
>>
>>180490561
God you guys are all faggots why don't you go RP on /trash/ or something.
>>
>>180490561
When did I talk of beating violently poor lil' Niko on a daily basis?
>>
>>180490697
>>180489073
>>
File: 1497962588667.jpg (191KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497962588667.jpg
191KB, 1280x1024px
Is this the ryona thread?
>>
>>180490879
But that's you over there.
>>
>>180491256
Well that's not the picture I wanted to post but it'll have to do.
>>
File: gemcraft 0.png (8KB, 853x56px) Image search: [Google]
gemcraft 0.png
8KB, 853x56px
>>180491273
No, that was your idea. I never agreed to it. The Batter's bat was aimed at you. I'd never bully Niko. They're too sweet, I wouldn't have the heart to raise a hand at them.

i should go, i need to fucking sleep today. i already almost pulled all-nighters two days in a row.
>>
>>180491485
But Niko crying would make them even cuter.

Plus I have a soft spot for oversized sleeves. I bet it's comfy to be hugged by them.
>>
File: sale.png (65KB, 458x406px) Image search: [Google]
sale.png
65KB, 458x406px
Rate and post yours.
I had some more on the lost like Highlands, Downwell and Pixel Puzzles Space but I only bought a 50 bucks paysafecard for now.
>>
>>180491610
But anon I only pirate.
>>
>>180491945
Forget Niko, I want to bully you now.
>>
>>180491945
>>180493468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
>>
File: 1346595835026.jpg (319KB, 712x556px) Image search: [Google]
1346595835026.jpg
319KB, 712x556px
>>180491945
>>
Speaking of OneShot, it is actually on sale in case that one incredibly poor anon who was waiting for it to go on sale is here.
>>
>>180495138
*checks*
maybe
>>
After fighting all the kind of bandits I can say, without a doubt, that the lunatics are the fucking worst.
>>
>>180488887
they're games that have absolutely no resemblance to rogue and it's a marketing term for retards who like HURDCUR XD ITS ROGUELIKE games
roguelite literally is not a thing
>>
>>180496026
Anon shut the fuck up roguelite is a thing, if it wasn't a thing people would start calling those games roguelikes even more, and then /rlg/ would become even more shit, so shut up.
>>
>>180496306
you're retarded
>>
>>180491610
I want the stickers but I don't want to get any new games
>>
>>180496346
Prove that what I said is wrong, prove it.
>>
>>180496026
>>180496346
>random levels, permament death
>no resemblance
this has to be bait
>>
One Shot's pretty good
also i want to stick it in Niko's pooper
>>
>>180496760
Is Diablo 2 hardcore a roguelite?
>>
>>180496994
Yeah.
>>
File: gemcraft 0.png (31KB, 854x162px) Image search: [Google]
gemcraft 0.png
31KB, 854x162px
>>180496994
Apparently.
>>
>>180476270
dangerously uncapped in how long you can play. The mobile TDs ain't got nuthin on gemcraft.

If the endgame hadn't been reliant on RNG amulet farming, I might have completed every single map.
>>
>>180496760
I get this guy's autism, "it's a roguelite" just makes a poor description, I really hope this rougelite meme will die asap

Yes, FTL is a "roguelite", Rogue Legacy is a "roguelite" and binding of isaac is a "roguelite", and yes they have a couple of elements in common, but these are completely different games otherwise
>>
>>180497205
>wizard level of 50000+
when does it stop
>>
>>180497603
>Ah, they capped building skill. That puts a hard limit on the time it takes for a tower to get ready to fire, and thus a hard limit on how early you need to plan your moves.
>amulets can bring building skill all the way to instant-ready towers
my god....

personally, I'm at 389/419 steam achievements. I am NOT reinstalling to find out my wizard level.
>>
>>180476270
I'd assume those series were popular at some point
But I think it aged very poorly
>>
>>180491256
Most (if not every) Ryona games are shit
>>
torn between the ESO expansion, RPGmaker MV or saving up for a Switch. ;__; i'm always so fucking broke
>>
Alright, so I bought hollow knight on sale and it keeps crashing on startup, I have no idea why.

Anybody has any idea ?

i'm validating the game files through steam right know but I doubt this is gonna do much.
>>
>>180499506
Probably best idea would be to ask on forums in a dedicated support/subforum if there is one

Don't forget to mention your OS and maybe GPU drivers version
>>
>>180497272
I agree that using the term "roguelite" to describe a game as a whole is not helpful. The term should not be used as a genre, but it is useful for stating that a game has a particular set of elements: procedural generation, unlocks between runs, some form of permadeath, etc.
>>
>>180499738
I don't care much for roguelikes, but I understand why that guy is upset about the term being misused.

I bought many shitty games because they were described as "Souls-like".
And then they were NOTHING like Dark Souls.
Ergo, review rule number 1 : "If it says that it's like another game, run away."
>>
File: Kawaii Alex.png (100KB, 1088x709px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Alex.png
100KB, 1088x709px
Stupid joy mutant gave Alex brain damage, so I had to load up an older save. Maybe I should have used a baby crow before taking him on so, or tossed my bottles at him.
>>
>>180499654
apparently that was a memory problem, setting the heap size to small fixed it, whatever this means.

Still weird.

Also I'm pleasantly surprised that this shit isn't locked at 60FPS like pretty much all of indie platformers.
>>
>age of decadence 75% off
>>
>>180499738
>unlocks between runs
gee i don't remember that in rogue
the game that the genre roguelike is named after
aka being LIKE rogue
but i never played rogue and don't care for real roguelikes so it's okay to misuse terms due to my own ignorance exde
>>
If you still haven't played LISA or Oneshot, they're 50% and 40% off respectively.
>>
File: 1470011209061.jpg (134KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
1470011209061.jpg
134KB, 500x880px
>come home from work
>/indie/'s filled with some retard projecting his stupid fetish onto Niko and getting 6 million (You)s
>>
>>180512075
We all appreciate your effort to try to keep the thread alive by rekindling a shitstorm, but you can stay away.
>>
>>180512075
That was really weird.
>>
>Snakebird half off

Mite b cool
>>
>>180510725
>read steam reviews for oneshot
>one tells me that i need to play this game because your save file is corrupted after one play
Did it ruin the game for me? Is it even worth playing? The same shit happened with Moirai when someone said that you need an internet connection to play.
>>
>>180513178
That is complete bullshit. Nothing like that ever happens in OneShot.
>>
File: NikoBellic.jpg (42KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
NikoBellic.jpg
42KB, 500x502px
I want to spank Niko. I bet Niko would enjoy it.
>>
>>180513242
Yeah but now I don't know if you're being genuine or if this is a psyop to get me to play the game and spoiler really does happen but you made me not expect it.
>>
>>180513382
There is 4th wall breaking stuff.

Your save file being corrupted is not one of those things.
>>
>>180508518
Many roguelikes aren't like rogue

Like, compare Rogue and Angband, completely different games, Angband is not like Rogue and yet people call it a roguelike, or DCSS or IVAN or Infra Arcana or etc.
>>
>>180513909
>Many roguelikes aren't like rogue
haha
alright take your meds and get to bed
>Like, compare Rogue and Angband, completely different games, Angband is not like Rogue and yet people call it a roguelike
literally what are you talking about
>>
>>180514034
If you think Angband is like Rogue then you either haven't played Angband or Rogue.

And don't even get me started on shit like PosChengband.
>>
>>180513909
>lists a bunch of games with the exact same gameplay mechanics as rogue
>>
>>180513909
Can we...
Look, can we talk about bullying Niko again? I'd rather talk about something horrible than try to make sense of what you said.
>>
>>180514208
I see you also haven't playef Rogue.

Oh well, this is what I get for leaving /rlg/.
>>
>>180514356
please go to /rlg/ and say what you just said
>>
>>180514356
I have played Rogue. Is Wolf 3D not an FPS because it doesn't have an inventory system or a shield that regenerates? Genres evolve.
>>
>>180514546
yeah so with that logic binding of isaac is a roguelike because permadeath and procedural memes tee heexd
>>
>>180514546
Yeah right, I bet you also think DDA and Elona are roguelikes right?
>>
The absolute madmen
>>
But is Rogue a roguelike? How can something be like itself?
>>
>>180514797
rogue isn't a roguelike just like how buzzword is a buzzword
>>
>>180514635
BoI neglects the core gameplay mechanics of Rogue; it's a top-down shooter.
>>180514654
Genre lines are blurry. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. They certainly have a lot of roguelike elements.
>>
>>180514919
Oh wait so you actually think DDA is a roguelike.

Yeah alright, I've had enough, bye /indie/.
>>
>>180515030
Bye. It's pretty autistic that you would get upset over something with a fluid definition.
>>
>>180515030
god bless, please don't come back
>>
>>180515030
Bye.

Now, about Niko.
Are they male or female?
>>
>>180515212
shota
>>
>>180515212
Niko is a boy name, so he's a boy.
>>
>>180514797
Wikipedia classes Rogue as a roguelike and Roguebasin lists it in its "major roguelikes" category.
>>
>>180515902
Age of Decadence is kinda buggy lmao. I'm loving it, though.
>>
>>180517059
yeah the combat bugs out sometimes if you're opening menus alot/ending your turn to give you less AP sometimes
>>
>>180517275
There is also something that occasionally disables camera rotation in combat, but thankfully opening and closing a menu fixes it.
>>
>>180515902
>>180517059
What the hell.
>>
>>180517931
Misquote. I often just click a random post number to pop open the reply box... But then sometimes I forget to delete the quote.
>>
>>180517931
The post he accidentally replied to was deleted. And good riddance too.
>>
>>180495138
Is it worth it?
>>
>>180520052
I think it is.
>>
About time the store fixed itself but now I've forgotten what I wanted to get.
>>
File: ....png (16KB, 604x129px) Image search: [Google]
....png
16KB, 604x129px
>>
>>180513178
On the subject of reviews, I think the sheer number of reviewers that have Niko for an avatar is kind of funny.
>>
>>180526876
I WARNED YOU PEOPLE
I WARNED YOU
>>
>>180495138
That's me, I'm the incredibly poor anon, and it is 40% off

Thanks for remembering me gonna get it in a few days after selling more trading cards
>>
>>180529808
drop your email, ill gift you it tomorrow.
>>
>>180480429
Games not out yet, no one knows. It comes out on July 7th.
>>
>>180530127
That's a genuinely nice offer anon but it's okay, I already have half of the cost sitting in my Steam wallet, I just want to make the actual cost as low as possible since the opportunity's there.
>>
>we made it to the bump limit in four days this time

Maybe we'll survive after all.
>>
>>180530816
/indie/ has shifted along for over a year on multiple threads in a row with less than 100 posts, it'll be fine
>>
>>180530816
Praise Niko's butt.
>>
>>180531034
We could make a religion o-
no don't
>>
>>180531780
Let's make a religion where we get to hug Niko 5 minutes per week.
>>
File: Untitled.png (188KB, 908x397px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
188KB, 908x397px
It's time.
>>
File: Screenshot_121.png (18KB, 1088x711px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_121.png
18KB, 1088x711px
I thought I was playing a Lisa fangame, not Yume Nikki fangame.

I have some weird bug going on where the game occasionally closes by itself, which is a real pain in the ass with limited saves.
>>
>>180532723
Weird freak-out scenes are a LISA staple, both Brad and Buddy had one.
>>
>>180491610
How is Highlands?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
/agdg/ called. They said please notice me.
>>
>>180536463
what does that even say? monolith? what is it?
>>
>>180211823
New
>>
>>180513909
I'm sure this sounded a lot better in your head before posting.
>>
>>180536919
Anon....

>>180536795
>>
File: loopportal.gif (16KB, 264x267px) Image search: [Google]
loopportal.gif
16KB, 264x267px
>>
>>180353426
It's nice to know but the game is beatable without moon knowledge.
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.