[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 766
Thread images: 114

File: removed.jpg (150KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
removed.jpg
150KB, 700x525px
>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Infra Arcana on Windows:
https://pastebin.com/S761eT4B

Previous Thread: >>173789867
>>
File: BuGl5.png (105KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
BuGl5.png
105KB, 900x546px
>tips fedora
>>
>>173968803
>Hep piety

Probably not a huge deal, I guess.
>>
How exactly does Battle Sphere work? Does it cast whatever you cast aka if you casted a lightning bolt it too would cast a lightning bolt or does it just shoot energy unrelated to your spells?
>>
How the fuck do you guys enjoy nu-crawl
It's fucking shit
>>
>>173970582

It's fucking awful. I want to speedrun the game because that's how I like to play but evokable teleport is removed, along with the best wands.

What a joke. Roguelikes are supposed to be about playing however you want to play but the devs are trying to push this stupid "hurr play how we want you to play" agenda. They can fuck off.
>>
>>173971128
>Roguelikes are supposed to be about playing however you want to play

what

Just because that's a staple of *bands/hacks doesn't mean it's an intrinsic part of being a roguelike. Rogue itself was *not* a "play however you want" kind of game.
>>
>you hear a sudden noise! You hear the screaming of an angry frog!

Is this real
Did xom just REEE at me

Hold up let me suicide real quick
>>
>PCB drops deathsword/hammer of hell/living armour-drops depending on the symbol

Oh boy, making them 'x' made them stop dropping loot. My bad. Now their colour is more noticeable, at least.
>>
>Disintegration doens't work on walls anymore
>no way in hell to do antisjummoning corridors
Are they for real

>>173973028
There's an option for making monster classes use the @. It's in the input options I think.
>>
>>173973028
Make them 'x' in your pref file dingus.
>>
>>173973170
Yeah devs are retarded
Its sort of possible to do something with 2, 3 charges of digging but its a waste of charges really
>>
>the serpentine rune of zot is a mimic!
>>
>>173973170
Just use digging.
>>
Am a Conjurer and found a book of transformations, hydra n dragons n shit. Worth learning?
>>
>>173975272
i think so, esp. useful in late game to fill up screen, soak damage, etc
>>
>>173975272
Nope. Unless you want to become a tm.
>>
Best god for draconian transmuter go
>>
>>173975272
no
>>
>>173976125
Chei
>>
>>173970010
unrelated to your spell
It has its own damage dice
Spellforged Servitor casts spells you know instead
>>
>>173976125
Most melee gods who ask little to no exp investment are good choices. Oka is the perennial choice, but someone like dithmenos would serve extremely well too.
>>
>>173977660
Dith hates dragonform
>>
>>173976125
Always Ru
>>
>>173977710
I guess it depends on how deep you're going with the whole TM thing. He doesn't mind statue form at all, if you really want to invest.
>>
Has anyone here finished Demon? What do you think about the difficulty? I played for a few hours ages ago and might get back into it.
>>
>>173977835
Sacrificing things sounds scary, what's a good strategy
>>
>>173978735
Sacrifice stuff you dont need
>>
>>173978735
Artifice, love, resistances for easy 5*
>>
>>173978735
big sacrifices are actually better than small ones
>>
>he plays tonberries monks of nature
>>
DrTM here.
I can kill things very quick with Blade Hands but my ac is pure trash so heavy/fast hitters are a pain.
What do, especially around spiny frogs, black mambas etc
>>
>>173983907
statue
>>
>>173970010
battlesphere's damage is unrelated to the spells you cast

you can put a battlesphere up and then spam magic darts for MP efficiency and the battlesphere will be doing more damage than you are
>>
>>173958604
ranger has 5% minfail though
even if you grind spell proficiency to master level and get that sweet 3% fail... it's still worse than a scroll

meanwhile craft lets you have an infinite supply of branded arrows lategame and lets you run over earlygame because enchanted shooters are OP and don't even depend on having good stats to do damage
but then again if you wanna do that you may as well skillmaster, since they can use craft magic better than rangers can and can actually cast mana branding
>>
>>173984259
>it's still worse than a scroll
Yeah, but scrolls are not guaranteed and occupy space.
>>
>>173984375
...so do spellbooks

and scrolls of telelevel are pretty common, you get way more of them than you need. they're an item you want to HAVE AROUND for emergency purposes but not an item you actually use very often, like ?blink in crawl
>>
>>173984439
>...so do spellbooks
I-
I didn't think about that.
>>
basically realms with "emergency" spells like telelevel or bighealz are only really great if you can hit 0% fail on them

the kind of situations where you want to cast a 1000hp heal are the kind where you may die if it fails, and having a 5% chance for that to happen every time is way too high
>>
You know what can't fail?
Potions.

I think I'm going to play a yeek alchemist to test out the class.
>>
are rangers allowed to re-pick second realm like mages do? Though ofc they don't have 9999 extra spell slots so it may be harder and you'll want to avoid learning things you don't need as much if you plan to later swap.

In any case trump is still reasonable. Sure, craft has more direct combat power, but dimension door is super fun (I usually get it through sorcery realm myself though). Trump and Craft respectively having DDoor and Walk Through Wall is really nice combo with Wall of Stone. So is Death's Wraithform for that matter, though IDK if a ranger will ever have the mana to actually cast those two spells in one cycle...I guess you could rest inside your wall though.

>>173985056
yeah but there are also a lot of times that are less emergency where it's nice to have the effect reusably from a book. Destruction is a good example of this...I still carry a scroll of it in emergencies on characters that bookcast it, but there are a lot of utility scenarios where you have the time and space to bookcast it several times safely, and it helps you out. Ddoor for example is still really useful even at 5% fail, for chasing blinkers, setting up good engages, saving headache when you just want to jump to that room without walking the long way around, etc.
>>
>>173985319
everyone with 2realms can repick second realm

If you're a mage you want the realm with your emergency escape shit to be realm1 though probably, and rangers always have nature as realm1 so that can't work
>>
>he plays caves of quck
>>
Alright so.

Alchemist sounds fun.

Restore life levels/resist cold/fire/boldness/restore stat pots can be harvested to get tier 1 potion materials, which in term can be used to craft Healing pots and restore mana pots (*really* good considering they spawn in both shops in large stacks almost all the time, that would make healing and restore mana pretty much granted throughout all the game).

Tier 2 chemicals can be harvested from statpots and are needed to make all statpots and *healing*. No chance of turning tier 1 chemicals into tier 2 chemicals at a high price for infinte statpots.

I'm trying to see if there's some pots that give tier 2 chemicals that can be found in a shop, but it looks like tier 0 and tier 1 are the only one available.

FLAOTrand here can confirm?
>>
>>173987378
not floatrand but you can just look for yourself:
https://github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR/blob/master/src/alchemist.c

only tier2 potions are stat pots, *healing*, life, *enlightenment*, exp, invuln, and newlife

*enlightenment* used to be tier1 due to an oversight so you could get infinite free int and wis
>>
>>173985648
yeah though wall of stone still is good in many scenarios for enabling an escape
>>
ooh !polymorph is tier1
make a beastman alchemist and have mutation fun
>>
>>173987679
Good luck he caught that one on time!
Sadly that makes tier 2 extremely grindy to find.
>>173987862
But !Poly is kinda shit. I mean, muts in general are kinda meh at best.
>>
>>173987998
!poly is not the same as polymorph activation, it jsut gives you random muts with no chance of racechange or statloss
>>
>>173988072
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that picking a specific race that's kinda shit just to get a shitton of random good and bad muts (and considering that there is no way to target bad muts to remove them, so if you go to Zul and try to remove the -2 speed one you might lose that +4 int instead) is kinda meh.
Unless beastmen can cherrypick badmuts? I haven't actually ever played one.
>>
>evaporating potions of detonation does 600 unresistable damage

I felt my dick twitch.
>>
>>173988618
>can be crafted out of potions bought in town
that right there is some quality B A L A N C E
>>
>>173988618
>600 damage
HIGH END DAMAGE
>>
Mind you, they can be hurled to a bloke right next to you and they will not hurt you and also have a blast radius of... from the pic it looks kinda like 2,but it might be 3.
It's literally (figuratively) better than rockets.

>>173988761
>he doesn't know how to craft bombs out of stuff you can buy in a shop
Clearly, I'm just making thermite bombs out of etch-a-sketches.
Should have called it the guerrilla anarchist class.
>>
You can start making those from level 35 too, if you have about 18/60 int.
Considering that a yeek alchemist has a xp modifier of 89%, that's about 200 K XP (or 2 xp pots).

Fun class.
>>
>>173988787
600 unresisted is definitely high end
keep in mind that huge numbers on most combat is in practice a lot lower due to accuracy against high ACs, and similarly many high damage spells have a resistable element.

600 unresistable AoE damage is very good. See also: manastorm.
>>
>equating fun with removing all challenge while simultaneously adding repetitious "crafting" tedium

looks like we've got a bunch of 2 (two) int minotaurs around here
>>
Keepers of Secrets are something it's best to avoid, correct?
>>
File: 1491813399088.png (50KB, 235x219px) Image search: [Google]
1491813399088.png
50KB, 235x219px
>>173989828
>removing all challenge
>grinding is challenge
>>
>>173989964
Always.
>hits to confuse, confuse, confuse, confuse
>breathe confusion for a shitton
I think they follow teleports, too.
They're basically greater titans on steroids.
>>
>>173989970
Is that a yeek?
>>
File: YEEK YEEK YEEK.png (320KB, 442x532px) Image search: [Google]
YEEK YEEK YEEK.png
320KB, 442x532px
>>173990135
Of course.

Though I do really like Floatrand's yeeks.
>>
File: wiggler.png (3MB, 2995x2321px) Image search: [Google]
wiggler.png
3MB, 2995x2321px
How is centipede anon doing?
>>
>>173990079
Thanks for confirming. I only vaguely remembered someone bitching about them in a previous thread and evoked stairs just in case.
>>
>>173989970
I sincerely entreat you to undertake the quest to defeat the Serpent in the traditional manner, as playing poorly balanced "strong" setups is the most surefire way to lose interest in a game, being no challenge and hardly mentally stimulating
>>
File: Aralgeean banner.jpg (80KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
Aralgeean banner.jpg
80KB, 800x700px
Ah, damn. Forgot that you actually have to find the actual potion in order to make it and detonation is like level 60/80.
So, no early overpowered manastorm.

>>173990808
>taking games apart, analyzing unworked strategies, trying to see if something new clicks
>not mentally stimulating or challenging

>grinding and killing stuff over and over
>mentally stimulating and challenging

Never change, aralgee.
>>
>>173991087
>players find the meta more interesting than the actual game

roguelikes in a nutshell - is this true of many other genres? Fighting, RTS, mobage...
>>
>>173991087
There is a reason why most of the playerbase quit when they removed 500
>>
File: artifact heelses.png (16KB, 666x429px) Image search: [Google]
artifact heelses.png
16KB, 666x429px
Yay, my deity Hilda gave me an artifact pair of ankle boots! <3
>>
>>173991805
i dont think those lines are real ascii
>>
>>173990285
the fuck is a YEEK? some tolkien shit?
>>
I mean, think about it.
Android rune knight.
Tonberry monk.
Skillmaster of archery/craft.
Yeek anything.

These are strong classes because people found out something in the code that made them really strong. Except for yeeks, in their case it's just their acid immunity and fast leveling.

Playing the game the way it's "supposed" to be played is boring. Finding new roads is the best thing.

>>173991992
We just don't know.
>>
>>173989765
>unresistable
it isn't shards?

>>173991992
made up by angband or moria devs because they wanted a monster for the y glyph
see also Quylthulgs
>>
>>173992073
>it isn't shards?
Yeah, apparently it's shards.
>blastType = GF_ROCKET; dam = plev * 12; rad = 3;
>>
other fun things:
alchemists have access to time damage through potions of decrease stat (and Ruination which does more damage)
They can inflict monster amnesia as well by throwing !amnesia, which is mostly inaccessible to the player (except as a rare time damage side effect) and is probably either OP or useless.
>>
File: hoursandhours.png (5KB, 213x194px) Image search: [Google]
hoursandhours.png
5KB, 213x194px
>>173990412
Got a long way to go on this fugbug.
>>
>>173992493
>and is probably either OP or useless.
I remember hex mages (or was it blue mages) could learn amnesia and it did fuckall.

decrease stat pots do something like 100 time damage at level 50. Hell, even restore mana does only 200 mana damage at level 50.
Death pots seem really strong, if the monster isn't an undead/demon/nonliving, considering it does playerlevel*200 damage. You could chuck one at oberon and oneshot him.

Honestly the only ones I'd actually use would be detonations and death. The other do sub-par damage even per turn by the time you can use them.
>>
What kind of itemdestroyer should a beginner use?
>>
>>173993240
The default one.
>>
>>173993205
death pots do deathray damage
it's supposed to be enough damage to get an instant kill (just like the death ray spell in Death realm), but everything gets a pretty easy saving throw to avoid the damage and uniques are nearly immune
>>
>>173993370
Just detonations, then.
>>
Shuffled a hundred black markets. Couldn't find death/detonations. I did find nearly all statpots and experience pots and *healing* though.
Will try shuffling the potion shop in Zul to see if it's any better.
>>
>>173993764
are you doing this shit in wizmode? just go be a melee guy in dungeons, you will find malpots eventually

alchemists even get extra bonuses to melee from !heroism and !zerk
>>
>>173990412
God damn. Look at those plump cheeks. Look at those trusting eyes. Look at that firm yet pliant flower. I wanna fuck that wiggler.
>>
>>173978248
I've quite a few wins, despite still being in alpha development or whatever it's my favorite roguelike.

I'd say difficulty has gone up slightly with the new release. Even a few of the experienced players that there are have died on tower:20+
>>
What's a good class/god for Trolls?
Unarmed?
>>
>>173993850

I could wizmode them, I'm just trying to see if someone can just buy those badpots early instead, considering they're level 60/80.
>>
Wouldn't you know, the Zul shop sells badstaves and badwands, but no badpots.
So it is nice to have, but you'll have to grind for it in the deep end areas, probably mine or something.
>>
>>173992073
Aren't quylthulgs the result of some dev falling asleep on his keyboard?
>>
>>173993984
any class and any god except gozag
train unarmed/fighting/dodging 33% don't go ham on uc
raise int
>>
>>173994002

Wait, my bad. They're level 40/80. That means I could find them while farming dragons.
Still, they look extremely rare.
>>
>>173993984
Anything weapon/melee based is good for trolls, some spellcasting stuff are fine as well, wanderer is fine too i suppose
As for gods, anything goes except gozag, he makes shit unbearable, best one imo are, depending on your background, oka, trog, tso, ru and idk what else
>>
>>173993205
>Hell, even restore mana does only 200 mana damage at level 50.
Angband variant math strikes again lol
>>
What's an appropriate Easter class/race setup?
>>
>>173997679
Pious demigod blood-mage.
>>
>>173997679
play slex, i think there is a class based around throwing cockatrice eggs at people
>>
>>173997969
Why pious?
>>
>>173977710
Not if you're not a red draconian, right? Draconians become their color of dragon
>>
>>173998885
regular races turn into a green dragon (red) that breathes fire. only draconians get a different color(colour) and breath attack in dragonform
>>
>>173998745
It's the rocker class. They start with the "egg bomb" technique that can be used to create such eggs.
>>
>>173998856
It's been a while since I read the book, but I seem to recall Jesus kept going on about that God person.
>>
File: 1481905581987.gif (239KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1481905581987.gif
239KB, 500x419px
>>173999605
what does that have to do with rabbits and chocolate eggs
>>
>>173999303
Yeah, but does Dith get mad at draconians for becoming a quicksilver/iron/acid blob/swamp/etcetera dragon?
>>
>>173999851
i don't know, probably he hates draconians on principle. i once played a draconian and worshipped dith before getting a colour, then at xl7 i turned into a red dragon and dith told me to kill myself.
>>
>>173999979
That's hilarious
What was the message?
>>
>>174000103
i don't remember, some snide shit
>>
File: fucking_hounds.png (2KB, 597x49px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_hounds.png
2KB, 597x49px
Fuck, at least I could farm the shit out the Hoard.
>>
>ironman quests removed
why
>>
Has there been any word on the PS4 release date of Afterbirth+ ?
>>
Anybody been playing cata? Haven't in a year now and was wanting to get back into it, wanted to know if there was anything major that's changed
>>
File: pretyygood.png (264KB, 1588x770px) Image search: [Google]
pretyygood.png
264KB, 1588x770px
is there any chance ill ever find a better weapon? i started leveling axes,but fuck that
>>
Is there anyway to keep ershigal from healing all the time?
Can she heal while engulfed?
>>
>>174005351
>morningstar
into the trash it goes
>>
>>174006174
Elos can easily carry you through 3 runes
>>
Does anti-magic actually do anything cool?

>>174005351
If you stick with maces you'll find a demon whip/eveningstar to upgrade to eventually
>>
>>174005351
Just branch into maces. Skill 16 and you get eveningstars to mindelay as well.

>>174006174
Eos is pretty good early on. He's level 10 for fucksake.
>>
>>174005848
Hitting her with Antimagic

Really, sometimes you just gotta teleport away and reset the fight. Caster AI in crawl is literally just RNG
>>
File: octofun3.png (528KB, 1819x985px) Image search: [Google]
octofun3.png
528KB, 1819x985px
>>174005351
>is there any chance I'll find a better weapon
Yes, but Eos is a nice weapon all around and great for the early/mid/anything not elec resistant late game. However, I'd still much rather use the handaxe of elec for the cleaving effect which attacks all enemies around you and also procs the elec brand on them. The handaxe is also faster than the morningstar once you hit mindelay and elec brand works best on fast weapons. Not that the speed difference is that big, but cleave >all.
Hill Orcs also have way better axe aptitude so you'll hit 14 for the handaxe mindelay pretty fast. Considering Flails crosstrain with Axes, you'll also "increaase" your skill with them if you by training axes. Keep Eos for enemies like Hydras or powerful single targets.

>>174006174
You mean
>not axes
Into the trash it goes.

>>174005848
At that point of the game just fucking brute force her through melee + pot of might or spam level 9 spells like Tornado. I assume you character has good enough gear/skills if you are doing hell?
Also, why are Octopodes so much fun
Piss easy too
>>
>>174006386
It increases your saving throw massively. You can't cast spells, obviously.
>>
>>174006438
>teleporting against eresh
>in trunk
>>
Reminder that you can net and netstab all foolords except antaeus and cerebov
>>
>>174006386
the 15% magic resist is the big deal on that
Pretty sure that's just 15% less damage from every spell that isn't a breath or rocket.
>>
>>174006485
>that rapier
holy moly
>non-statue stealthypode
good taste
>>
>>174007730
there is absolutely no reason to ever not go statue on octos
>>
>>174007778
FUCK STATUE FORM
>>
>>174007778
It massively decreases your caster dps
>>
File: the power of lawful good.png (393KB, 1816x986px) Image search: [Google]
the power of lawful good.png
393KB, 1816x986px
>>174007730
>>174007778
I only go Statue Form when stealth fails, and assuming the enemy is dangerous/lots of foes
After I finally manage to find the book and get it castable anyways
I once had to complete a Snake, orc, vault 1-4, elf 1-3 and the entire Depths without SF, it was very annoying but still doable with Dith, still lots of retreating which is boring af
>>
>>174008110
Magic in dcss is mostly trash besides buffs or level 9s
Really, almost full melee is so much faster/better/easier even on Octopodes/Felids if you what you are doing.
>>
>>174008190
I never really got into enjoying stealth because stuff doesn't go back to sleep
>>
File: Octopode Life2.png (348KB, 1830x987px) Image search: [Google]
Octopode Life2.png
348KB, 1830x987px
>>174008375
Just go Dith
It actually makes it viable since the umbra increases your stealth by retarded amounts, thus actually allowing you to stab most things, including chain stab through multiple targets pretty much as soon as you start worshipping him with races that have great stealth apt/bonuses like Octopodes and the enemy accuracy penalty is really noticeable.
>>
>>174008375
I never really got into enjoying stealth because I hate having to press tt to get fucking popcorn to stop wandering around not noticing me when I am TRYING to autoexplore but need to kill this fucking cockroach before I can walk in peace
>>
>>174008898
>chei with a stealth race
the horror
>>
File: 1473726431813.gif (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473726431813.gif
67KB, 600x400px
Why is ToME4 never talked about here? after recently beat the game and starting the dlc i think it's one of the best indie games ive ever played
>>
>>174005298
Yes, much has changed. Lot's of surface level and char gen stuff, vehicles are way different now, recipes are different and some need to be learned or used out of books. Monster aggression and spawning was changed, so Swamps aren't total deathtraps anymore, it's very nice. Knife Spears are still GOAT, and found melee weapons can be fakes, which is hilarious when you pick up a broadsword and examine it and it's made from aluminium and does 2/5 damage or something.
>>
>>174009295
reasons.

Also because sometimes shit gets a tad too complicated/bloaty in the worst way.

>mfw trying to understand hall of the classes, specially addon ones
>>
>>174008314
You haven't tried high power bolt of fire, have you
>>
>>174009295
this is not the tome4 general. to discuss tome4 you please refer to the appropriate venues.
>>
Is PCB really a roguelike?
>fixed overworld
>stuff unlocks from one game to another
>>
>>174009295
Tome4 was fotm a few years ago. But the game isn't very good, and also the dev removed one of the best unintentionally funny bits of the game because of sjw butthurt.
>>
>>174009838
pulsating vulvas are still in?
>>
>>174009919
They are commented out in the base game, but can be re-enabled.
>>
>>174009295
ToME 4 runs like hot garbage and doesn't play much better. The disturbing tendency to get one-shot by dumb bullshit is annoying.
Also I hate the tiles
>>
>>174010274
you mean i have to recomplie the game just to purge some juicy orc pucc (female)?
>>
>>174010413
>The disturbing tendency to get one-shot by dumb bullshit is annoying.
So just like PCB?
>>
>>174010493
Yeah but PCB is an Angband variant and there's no rng WoW boss monsters in Angband variants
You see all the bullshit doubleturn manastorm oneshots coming
>>
>>174009810
it is only a roguelike with easy_lore on
>>
>>174009295
ToME is good when played as intended. The problem is that people got tryhard and started playing NIghtmare and higher difficulties in Roguelike mode for dick measuring purposes and ruined the game because it was never balanced for those difficulties.

Getting oneshotted on Normal mode is pretty hard to do.
>>
>>174009082
stealth is rolled per step and not per aut so chei doesn't actually decrease your chances of walking up to something and sleepstabbing it

>>174008898
don't press tt you dumbass just throw a stone at it
they're F R E E and are much better than shouting when you only want to wake one specific target
>>
>>174010754
it's only a roguelike if you delete knowledge after every game
>>
Welp, they actually did it.

The Tombhatch changes have been merged into the master branch, so it's officially in trunk.

Basically, rest in peace stairdancing in Tomb:

http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=a69911aa251697e01909d738e55b785008e68165

And hello to Tomb containing the most dangerous rune in the game.
>>
>>174010894
>throwing stones
>not bananas
the pharaoh would be disappointed in you, were he still among us
>>
>>174010894
The problem with chei is trash running away from you because they dont notice you and its impossible to catch up
>>
>>174010894
>you throw a rock at the orc priest
>the orc priest shouts!
good job sherlock
long gone are the days of shoutless luring
>>
>>174010964
>REEEEE STOP PLAYING THE GAME LIKE WE DON'T WANT YOU TO
>t. dcss devs
>>
>>174010848
i once got oneshot as a brawler back before the class was reworked to actually be about wrasslin'

they used to just be all about "i have a prodigy that gives me a chance to punch whenever i attack and i have a skill that gives me a chance to punch again whenever i attack and i have a flurry spell that makes me punch 4 times in a turn"

there was some randunique with like 5 different elements of retaliation-on-hit damage. i pressed flurry at him once, punched a billion times, and instantly died
>>
>>174010964
How the fuck are non optimal builds supposed to beat 8 greater mummies and 40 other little shits at the same time
>>
>>174011213
It's like Bizarro Fist of the North Star
>>
>>174011217
scum pan until 27 evo and get 4-5 boxes of beasts then spam them while you sit there hasted in tree form zapping heal wounds at yourself
>>
>>174011213
Okay yeah, flurrying a thorns enemy is a pretty easy way to die. That's also a classic fault though.

Also is pugilism no longer viable? I thought they just buffed the Wrestling tree to be good as well. It's been a while since I played Brawler as well though.
>>
>>174011217
Don't be a mibe and learn silence
>>
>>174011509
shit i dont know i havent played tome in more than a year
>>
>>174011560
Silence only works well if you can stairdance
>>
>>174011213
You forgot to mention that you also wear gauntlets that give on-hit effects like breath attacks, or more attacks, so you'd attack 3+ times every turn while proccing acid breath and lightning and shit. ToME 4 brawlers are fun as fuck.
>>
>>174011509
yeah that's a fault that you can avoid by just reading the enemy's character sheet before fighting him

the problem with tome is that the charsheets are so bloated that if you read every elite+ enemy's sheet before fighting it you will want to kill yourself before clearing 2 dungeons
>>
>>174010964
Rest in peace, MuMo challenge.

>>174011217
Fire Storm + Immolation, Control Undead

>>174011213
You can set barrier rune to be used automatically when enemies are visible
>>
>>174012065
MuMo is supposed to be in 0.15 anyway.
>>
File: fuck mummies.gif (402KB, 1222x662px) Image search: [Google]
fuck mummies.gif
402KB, 1222x662px
>>174011217
~Immolation~
+ Mak or TSO and rn+++/Statue Form/haste/holy word
It was well known to be one of the hardest branches even before so frankly by time you do it you should already have enough skills to at least cast Statue Form or the rn+++
>>
>>174011779
It would be nice if thorns was something you could just mouse over to see. Elites shouldn't be so strong you can't just Rush them once and and see if you take much retaliation, then flurry or stun and flurry (I'm pretty sure stun and daze actually reduce retaliation damage anyway). Randbosses are probably worth looking at though, but they aren't that common. I have a Skeleton Brawler win back in like 1.0.2 and back then I didn't even check enemy skills, just looked at their sustains to see what class(es) they are.
>>
>>174011779
See, that's my biggest fault with ToME, aside from the horrible engine it's made in that lags like shit and leaks memory. I shouldn't need to do that shit. I should only need to look at an enemy if I've forgotten what they do.
>>
>>174011509
Nigga brawler got upped like crazy.

Not because of wrestling tho.
>>
>>174011429
>Zap heal wounds

ha ha
>>
>>174013287
don't tell me they got rid of it too
>>
>tomb has a giant loot vault
>its actually the last rune
why
>>
>set up a large tent in a basement
>can't drag a chair in to sleep on
Fine, it's not like I didn't want to sleep on the floor anyway.
>>
>>174013363

Yes.

Is the jackie chan god fun?
>>
>>174013437
WHY
HOW CAN I CURE ROT NOW
>>
>>174013543
potion
i think mummies got a racial power to spend maxhp on rot removal
>>
>>174013693
WHY CAN'T MUMMIES ZAP
HOW CAN'T THEY ZAP
>>
>>174013693
Mummies and Ghouls no longer rot at all
They get drained from mutations instead
>>
At least mutations matter now. I like that.
>>
http://git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=171fa7aa94bda3722a5ee8d9362f1bd6d0299696
What was even the point
>>
>>174013852
did they remove !cmut as well
>>
File: Dithmenos.png (103KB, 1808x955px) Image search: [Google]
Dithmenos.png
103KB, 1808x955px
PRAISE THE DARK
PRAISE DITHMENOS
Why is Dith allowed
>>
When playing a Possessor in T4, is it worth giving up the ability to use magic from my corpses to get the bullshit fungus+solipsism combo going?
>>
>>174013958
Yes. Now potions of mutation juggle your mutations, removing many, adding some good and then some random, possibly bad mutations too.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 561x192px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 561x192px
>>174013875
Unacceptable! We're trying to make DCSS LESS like d&d, not MORE like it! Time to pay the Tavern a visit to make my valuable opinions heard!
>>
does anybody have that gnoll subrace:electrocution brand post from a few months ago screencapped?
>>
>>174013363
Alongside with haste and tele.
>>
>>174014202
i don't know what that is but i'm instantly interested
>>
>ask how non optimal chars can beat tomb now
>all the answers are go optimal
never change /rlg/
>>
>>174014271
What do you mean by non optimal?
>>
>>174014351
Non DE/Mi/Gr/Sp of not Oka/TSO/Makh/Veh
>>
>>174014421
Pretty sure qaz can clear all of tomb:3 in a single disaster area
>>
File: gnoll electrocution.png (229KB, 1968x473px) Image search: [Google]
gnoll electrocution.png
229KB, 1968x473px
>>174014202
>>174014247
here's a version from an archive
>>
>>174014421
Only TSO or Makh are truly better than others in extended in my opinion.

What is your problem with tomb? I never found it too hard.
>>
>>174014619
My problem with tomb is that they removed stairs
>>
>>174014421
>have rn+++
>cast Statue Form
>quaff haste
>Immolation if melee
>Tornado/Fire Storm/Glaciate if caster
>good aoe god abilities like Disaster Area, Apocalypse
>other god shit depending on which you actually worship besides those you mentioned
>>
>>174014547
That portal vault with a shitload of electohalberd gnolls is pretty nice.
>>
>>174014543
>>174014749
>qaz in extended
>>
>>174014543
>what are death curses
>>
>>174014852
The only death curse that can kill you is resisted by rN+++
>>
>>174014852
Death curses barely do shit now after they were nerfed

>>174014848
What, are you afraid of awakening every torment and smite spammer in the floor?
Literally just have good enough gear/spells
>>
>>174014749
>cast firestorm twice
>4 greater mummies die
>surrounded by 8 death scarabs
>and 16 reapers with scythes of reaching
>32 bennus hear the noise and come to join the fun
>64 death curses trigger
>128 torments land on your rn+++ stoneform
>haste+slow
>try to blink+fog but wand of remember healing is removed
>resign yourself to death because you haven't learned ddoor or bjorgficatyion and swear to worship lucy next time so you would self abyss
>>
>>174015314
Shucks chuck i thought you were a cool poppa, but i guess you're just an anus.
>>
>>174009810

No but it's discussed here regardless because it's ascii; like how chess is hypothetically turned to ascii and suddenly gets posted in /rlg/
>>
File: laughing liches.jpg (198KB, 1828x990px) Image search: [Google]
laughing liches.jpg
198KB, 1828x990px
>>174015314
If you are at the point you can cast Firestorm I'm pretty sure you can cast Necromutation and just laugh
The day they remove Necrobloatation is when the tears will finally flow
>>
>>174015861
>dispel undeadx8
>you die
>>
>>174015861
i need a .gif(webm) of someone casting tornado in this scenario
>>
>>174014421

What does DE or worshipping Vehumet have anything to do with clearing Tomb as a caster? You know all the bloat spells right? Then just use them and cross your fingers you'll clear it. Clearing Tomb via caster pre-extended speedrunning might not be viable anymore but you only lose a few hundred turns travelling so it doesn't really matter and the only real problem is the loss of stairdancing.
>>
>>174015087
What did they do to death curses? Last time I played, csplat was full of games where people tried to lichstorm tomb 3 and died in the process.
>>
>>174016342
no more statdeath
>>
>>174016537
stat 0 para is a death sentence in many situations and now that sustab was REMOVED it's even harder to avoid
>>
>>174010492
You can uncomment something in one of the lua files or grab a mod. No recompilation is required.
>>
>>174016059
*reflects ur spell*
Heh, nothing personnel mr. caster
>>
>>174016627
Except you now recover stats by killing stuff so it's barely noticeable
I use lichform to clear mega zigg mumscum floors and my stats barely take a hit
>>
>>174016824
what's the most SH you can stack up with this thing? SH scales 3, amulet of reflection, tso shield/qaz SH bonus, that ice shield spell
>>
File: praiserngesus.png (40KB, 767x564px) Image search: [Google]
praiserngesus.png
40KB, 767x564px
Dungeon black market vendor must be the worst job in the world.
>>
does anyone have that trunk version where they changed the limits to the amount of stats you can find on items, so you could find a leather armor with +11 dex -7 str +9 int and with a bit of luck be like you had cheistats
>>
>>174017724
You can still find randarts with up to +11 of one stat and a minor like ~4 or so amount of secondary stats
>>
>>174017681
Nice kicks, Iketa. 44 base should make the double manastorms all the more painful.
>>
>bad day start in cata
>vet's office on map
>run to it
>no luck
>pharmacy discovered
>run to it
>no luck
>continues for two more pharmacies
>see doctor's office on map
>find stethoscope
>no antibiotics
>find room with four safes
>try to crack them all while fighting off stream of shady zombies
>first one, empty
>second one, aspirin
>die to infection on third one
reee
>>
Please tell me how to have fun with Caves of Qud. Seems like the game can get really neat but I just don't hit that point.
>>
>>174020465
True Man of melee hitdudes clan. Last time I played short blades were broken as fuck but I think they nerfed them.
>>
File: battletoads.gif (2MB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
battletoads.gif
2MB, 300x203px
>>174020465
no
>>
>>174020232
Should have used the stethoscope on the vet safe, they have a ton of stuff compared to doctor's offices for some reason.
>>
>>174020232
You can cure infection with first aid kit
>>
>>173968630

>be vampire enchanter
>switched god from Ashenzari to Yremdelemnul

This is 1000x better. Ashenzari is overrated.
>>
>>174023530
>enter Zot/anything in extended
>Yred becomes shit
Sad really, considering how amazing he is elsewhere
They really should allow Drain Life to work on anything to make him viable on extended
Also Enslave Soul needs to have higher health/resists, I enslaved Asmodeus only to have him fucking die by his own minions, so much for the lord of hell
>>
>>174023831
>enslaving gloorx
>shit
>>
>>174023915
I had hopes for enslaving the ultimate enemies but when I noticed fucking Cerebov died to trash I kinda gave up
>>
>>174023831

>being able to enslave lords of hell
>being able to see through walls

The first one sounds better to me.
>>
>>174024042
Except your yred summons are trash for extended and corpses are pretty non existant so you gain literally nothing from yred besides enslaved souls which are made out of glass
For 3 runes Yred is amazing although as soon as you enter Zot your summons will be annihilated
>>
>>174023970
Dont the demonspawns in pan have dispell undead
>>
>>174023530

>Ashenzari is overrated

We rate it as beyond useless though
>>
Wasn't Ashenzari good? I thought it was.
>>
>>174024172

Ashenzari doesn't provide a good alternative though, and who else is there to worship that's good for a VaEn? Ash already starts getting shitty well before Zot, the skill transfer is nice though.
>>
>>174024346
Dith
>>
>>174024274

Ashenzari let's you transfer your skill (very useful), see through walls, and have clarity of mind.

Compared to other gods Ash doesn't offer very much. What ash offers is useful but on it's own kind of boring and not much.
>>
>>174023970
>spectral things of gloorx
>80-128 HP
>dogshit resistance (only rC+, rN+++)

It'll be better if enslaved souls keep the original HP or resistance.

>>174024563
Ash should gift manuals.
>>
>>174024274

How so? Scrying? Skill transfer? Clarity for 4 out of the gorillion monsters in Crawl that can cast confuse?
Virtually non-existent spell "increases" in exchange for indulging in a fiddly and tedious mechanic?

So... literally nothing? I don't get it, I don't see anything good for worshiping this bloat
>>
>>174024678
>Virtually non-existent spell "increases" in exchange for indulging in a fiddly and tedious mechanic?
Dont even pretend you change gear outside of 1 ring slot
>>
>>174024678

Uh oh, you know what it's time for....

IRAZNEHSA EVOMER!!!!!

CUT EVERYTHING OUT OF YHE GAME UNTIL NOTHING'S LEFT HUEHUE
>>
>>174024678

One thing Ash is useful for is Shoals. Makes it a thousand times easier, just fly around as a bat and go to each stairs. Come back later and slaughter everything and steal items.
>>
If DCSS supports add-on, which add-on will you install ?
>>
>>174024938

Install the one that makes it good again. Make crawl great again.

Bring back the stuff they removed, they like to remove everything.
>>
>>174024653
>Ash should gift manuals.

That'd be sick as hell, but it'd undoubtedly be removed. Manuals are too powerful to be regularly found, let alone gifted.

Plus it's kind of overkill since Ash boosts your skills. I suppose if the boosts were replaced with manuals, that'd be an interesting mechanic and potentially not overpowered.
>>
What is the best overall god in DCSS then? TSO?
>>
>>174025180
Mak
Trog
>>
>>174024837

But I do, can't help it that you only have games that only have rings as swappables because you can barely get out of early game.
>>
>>174024678
You accidentally get shitty manuals, like 10 manuals of Ice Magic in Ice Cave.
You learn Ice Magic while transferring it to other useful skills for +4 skill aptitude bonus.
>>
>>174025180
I'm a TSO fanboy, so yeah.

Everything being Corona'd, auto SInv, rN+++ at high piety, strongest and most versatile summons in the game, reasonably powerful AoE invoke, Divine Shield, +2 blessing for a weapon, and healing on evil kills is amazing. TSO's only weakness is that he doesn't give you that much offense to start off with, besides the up-close haloing -- but even that extra accuracy can save you, when you're low-skilled and can't hit crap.

IMO, the perks of Makhleb require that you be strong in the first place. The healing from kills is the only real defense that you get with him -- it's not ideal for sticky situations. Indeed, Makhleb's invocations all hurt you a little bit, which can make bad situations worse. In comparison, TSO gives you a lot of offensive and defensive options, including at bare minimum the good gods' saving throw.

I'd say Trog gets the title of second best overall god. He's unmatchable in the early game, and he can carry even a complete fucking idiot to their first rune as long as they understand Berserk and use Trog's Hand in the right places. He falls off in the late game and extended, where groups of enemies are stronger and the Slow/Exhaustion from berserking is no longer acceptable. But the antimagic weapon gifts are superb.
>>
>>174025180
Gozag

>walking scroll of acquirement
>easy to switch to another god
>>
>>174026723
>ever switching
>not just bribing greater mummies, brimstone fiends and orb of fires
>>
>>174015850
i posted chessrogue before once or twice
>>
>>174027615
that doesnt really exist
>>
>>174025180
Gozag for the early/mid, Mak for the late/extended
TSO is shit compared to Mak
>can't even zigg scum with TSO
Boring
>>
>>174026723
>>174026723
>easy to switch to another god
But Gozag's the worst wrath by far
>literally berserking and hasting enemies on sight for a fuckton of time
>berserk gives enemies +50% fucking damage and haste
You do actually need to be good in order to survive his wrath unlike most gods
>>
>>174024274
ash is is weak in earlygame because she does literally nothing for a longish time
earlygame is the time a decentplayer has the highest chance of dying

so ash and chei shit if you're a typical NA crawlplayer and only care about winrates and streaks
Koreans don't give a fuck about that shit and mostly care about getting lots of 15rune wins which is why they love chei so much more than Tavern does
>>
>>174027813

Seems tamer than Trogwrath
>>
Which roguelikes feel the most like an adventure as opposed to a dungeon crawl?
>>
>>174013363
Alongside box of beasts
>>
>>174027639
it literally does
>>
>>174027902
god damn it, i loved box of beasts, they were stronger than pan lords at xl27 and attacked fast as heck
>>
>>174027883
Trog's shit can't even see invis and it's just a matter of teleporting/blinking
Gozag will constanstly berserk shit upon sight
You better save the wrath for some tame branches like Elf
Doing Spider under jew wrath for example is a nightmare, same for Swamp
>>
>>174027924
prove it
>>
>>174027813
>Switch from Gozag to TSO in Crypt
>Undead can't even berserk
>1 hasted vampire
>tab
>auto explore
>another hasted wraith
>tab
>yay another mighted hungry ghost
>tab
Gozag's wrath is a joke

versus

>Switch from Trog to TSO in Crypt
>Slowed
>6 berserked durable summons suddenly appear at your position when you fight Mennas
>don't even get exp for killing them
>>
i just realized the quarterstaff quote is gay as heck
>>
File: 1461733265037.png (133KB, 677x703px) Image search: [Google]
1461733265037.png
133KB, 677x703px
>>174028160
ok
>>
>>174028065

>You better save the wrath for some tame branches like Elf

So it's quite scummable. Trog's forces you to use consumables
>>
>>174028539
does trog still gift arrows and bolts? can gozag finance ammo shops
>>
>>174024274
Ash was amazing when he let you firestorm people on the other side of walls
>>
>>174028773
Yes
No, but there's always a fucking randart ranged weapon I couldn't care any less for on gozag's weapon shops
>>
>>174028902
*she
>>
>>174028902

Why can't you do that anymore? Can you even cast any spells through walls?

Picking off enemies one by one using teleport other would be very useful.

Ash seems so limited, like it could be something interesting but it's so dull it's not useful.
>>
>play ash
>2 remove curse by lair:6
>>
>>174029124
CLOUD SPELLS don't even last outside of player los anymore
>>
http://git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=2ec8a9529e2f1a474dea17eadfe5b10d8d4c5d7f
Nice they are already nerfing them
>>
>>174029318
>http://git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=2ec8a9529e2f1a474dea17eadfe5b10d8d4c5d7f
There's a Gnoll species?
>>
>>174029519
yes they're the one with the meme -6 apts
>>
>>174029519
New trunk species. Originally and intended to be called Cynos, they were implemented into trunk officially as Bultungin and, just this day, have been renamed again to Gnolls.

They start with very high apts (+4 across the board) that begin falling off by skill level 7, down to -6 apt at skill level 11 and beyond.
>>
Reminder that the Wu Jian creator regrets ever trying to contribute to crawl
>>
>>174029860
seems bloaty. why add a new species without even a clear niche? vs was well thought out and deserved to be included but it's also quite radical. at this point for a species to be worth including it has to be really different
>>
>>174030353
>Wu Jian
The what?
>>
>>174030389
Changing apts is extremely different
Frogs are the boring one
>>
>>174030472
changing apts only makes it difficult to calculate how much skill it takes to hit benchmarks, it adds nothing to the game
>>
>>174030353
Honestly, there's nothing stopping him from getting together with a major fork maintainer and creating a strong rival/alternative to mainstream Crawl.
>>
>>174030353

The what what?
>>
I was gonna run a demigod of Zeus high mage of Armageddon with cult of personality if NK did a nuclear test, but he decided to be a pussy
I guess I'll just keep screwing around with alchemists or suicide a lazy snotling called Kim.
>>
> I split my time evenly between school, dreams, Avenie, and gender dysphoria

Guess which DCSS Tavern poster this is?
>>
>>174030695

Is crawl open source? It would be fun to make a fork just to troll them. I don't know how I would balance the game though.
>>
>>174031142
every roguelike is open source
But crawls tiles are not open source so you have to replace them when making a fork
>>
>>174031364

R u trying to trick me agin?

How can the tiles not be open source? Aren't they pulled from a different game anyways?
>>
Whatever happened to Magey-kun? He was a good guy.
>>
None of the tiles are custom made
they are just all ripped from old SNES games
>>
Wait what now, insn't Gozag considered terrible god choice?.
>>
>>174031821
Why would he
>>
>>174031142
>Is crawl open source?

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/licence.txt

GNU GPL for everything but the tiles.
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

The tiles are then either CC0 if the author gave approval (i.e. public domain, open source), or *not* under a license and thus not public domain or open source.

The list of what's not public domain is:
https://github.com/crawl/tiles/blob/master/TILES_UNDER_UNKNOWN_LICENSE.md
>>
>>174031882
The posibility of finding overpowered gear is alluring, but isn't he unreliable?. What would be some good combos that involve gozag?
>>
>>174032076
nethack isnt opensource?
>>
How much Unarmed skill should you have so that punching stuff with Statue Form becomes better than a weapon?
>>
>>174032498
>>
>>174032334
Misworded it because I'm sleepy and stupid:

Public domain and open source are similar but not the same. Open source usually implies that it's "free software" -- you can freely look at, edit, and share the software and even just take bits of it (in the case of Crawl taking some of Nethack's tiles). But you *have* to do all of that for free, and your potentially new product must be free (and open source, I think), too.

Public domain means you can lift specific elements and sell them if you so choose.

So tl;dr:

Everything in Crawl -- code, tiles, etc. -- is open source. The only things that are public domain, as far as I can tell, are *some* of the tiles.
>>
>>174032235
Gozag is unreliable in the same way that Tinder is unreliable for Rob Gronkowski. Which is to say not unreliable at al. You don't know exactly what you're going to get but it's going to be good.
>>
>>174032334
>>174032981
And to answer your question, Nethack _is_ open source. At least, that's what its license seems to suggest:

https://github.com/Vanilla-NetHack/NetHack/blob/master/dat/license
(technically from 3.4.3, but 3.6.0 has the same thing)

But Nethack is not public domain.
>>
File: gozag3.png (43KB, 1663x593px) Image search: [Google]
gozag3.png
43KB, 1663x593px
>>174032235
>isn't he unreliable
Not if you are a race that can use most slots
Armor shops are often the best choice due to biggest coverage of gear so chances are there will be something good
Weapon shops are also good but there's always the possibilty of finding something you don't have the skill for
There's often a randart or two on the shops, sometimes even more
Also the jew daze passive is great, and the pot petition works as a nice panic button
>>
>>174033371
I had Dragon King Armour three games in a row mostly thanks to Gozag.
>>
>>174030398
the god of silflanking
>>
>>174035850
>silflanking
to silly
>>
>>174031545
not all of the tiles are GPL or public domain
some are the intellectual property of their creators, so technically you would need the artist's permission to use them
>>
>vodun mask
>mind/body
>freybug

How fucked am I, /rlg/? I've never played this before. What are some good starter combos?
>>
>>174030353

That's what you get when you try contribute to a game with minmay, Lasty and their drones in it.
>>
>>174032235
Jew gold passive is incredibly good, both for running away and getting free stabs. At a certain point, you have enough dosh to get 10+ potion petitions while you wait for high level shops. He gears you up in the end game to zig tier levels of power. Gozag is bretty good, try him out on a mummy fighter.
>>
Is Infestation nerfed yet?
>>
>>174038302
Is it really that good? I haven't had a chance to use it yet.
>>
>>174038532
it can't hold a candle to haunt, but it's mp efficient
>>
File: ahhhh.png (22KB, 587x469px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhh.png
22KB, 587x469px
>it's an irresistible, unavoidable ranged attack that repositions you against your will gets combined with an irresistible, unavoidable ranged physical attack on a self-healing summoner episode

You're on "The List" now, Typhoeus.
>>
>>174039067
Mite b kewl. I honestly can't remember the last time a spell was nerfed in all honesty. Outside of being removed, which only singularity really warranted.
>>
>>174039217
if i catch you talking shit about singularity (pbuh) i swear to god lad not even the devs could remove my fist from your ass
>>
>>174039217
>honesty in all honestly
I shouldn't post when I'm tired

>>174039367
>naga kills anteaus offscreen with singularity.jpg
That shit belongs in PCB, with the rest of the bloat. Seriously though, it was in a league of its own. In a school that had no other damage spells no less.
>>
>>174039175
Storm winds is such a bullshit element. Along with gravity and inertia.
>>
>>174039428
it was a glorious annihilator of ziggurats is what it was m8, and they killed it ;_;
their own child, their own birth, bam, just like that lad. truly the devil's team
>>
>>174039617
I mean, it killed literally anything and everything while you twiddled your thumbs in safety. It was really neat, but I distinctly remember thinking "Oh man, if ever there was something they were completely justified in ruining, it is this."
>>
>>174039175
if you're in an ASC the storm winds will tele you out of LOS so he can't ruk you
>>
is the agony spell ever useful? if something isn't resistant to negative energy a necromancer can already kill it 100 different ways
>>
>helm of ares gives fear Immunity

Huh. Never noticed that before.
High-end artifacts should be able to give immunities different to AcElFiCo in my opinion. Just having confusion and fear immunity would be terrific.
>>
>>174041608
Jellies get innate fear immunity. Pretty nice perk in my honest imho.
>>
>>174041971
>Jellies get innate fear immunity.
On top of acid immunity, even. Jellies are pretty good for a monster race.
>>
File: Sure you do, sweetheart.png (134KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sure you do, sweetheart.png
134KB, 1440x900px
jellies get Blindness, fear and acid immunity. My god.

If only the Shoggoth lines weren't fucked.

Seems like a decent monster race if you can get your hands on a lot of healing pots.
>>
>>174042251
what's the final form like
>>
>>174042692
Shoggoth. Their racial power if multiplication. I just ignore the j glyph and use @ instead since using monster races is confusing.
>>
File: 1486818098874.png (243KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1486818098874.png
243KB, 540x489px
>>173986682
Caves of Qud is my favorite roguelike.
>>
File: muda da.jpg (146KB, 960x758px) Image search: [Google]
muda da.jpg
146KB, 960x758px
>>174043282
where can i go to get paid for shilling quck
>>
>>174043928
Look at the look of sadness on that Fe chasing a raven.
He knows that he's playing an outdated version, but he still tries to have fun pretending it's nothing. He can't accept the fact that all his favorite features have been removed. Still, he tries.

Poor soul.
>>
I've started playing CDDA and the amount of stuff in this is almost discouraging. There are so many outdated guides I have no idea what I'm doing. I reinforced my clothes, slept the firs tnight, got very hungry and thirsty and I went out to look around for a house to break in. Got to a house, got attack and mauled by one zombie that i led onto a rock. Game is super fun though.
>>
>>174025180
Gozag/Fedhas early and mid, TSO in Tomb, Zin in Pan/Hells, Makhleb for Zigs.
>>
>>174025180
Depends on the stage on the game, early/mid/semi late oka/trog/gozag/fedhas
Semi late/late chei/oka/trog/gozag/makhpleb/tso
Late/extend/other stuff tso/zin/makhpleb
>>
>>174045162
tbqh gozag is the best god in the game right now, his weapon and armor shops just make you a beast by the time you clear lair
>>
>>174030353
Why so?
>>
File: tome things.png (1MB, 1592x872px) Image search: [Google]
tome things.png
1MB, 1592x872px
>outrunning rare lightning speed snake by using my rare snake body's lightning speed skill
Possessors on Insane difficulty are so much fun.
>>
>>174045681
>tfw too brainlet to play posessor
>>
>>174045681
Tome has the most hideous fucking tileset, and switching to ASCII doesn't even fix it cause it's inherent to the engine.
>>
>>174044361

I'm in the same state except I don't use guides. I just pick up everything and stash them for now by category and just learn what they're used for later either by experience or by wiki. Seems like I'd know what I'd do by my own once I raise my overall skills and the number of things I can craft by books.
>>
Can you still keep zombies off of you by burning rags to kill your scent in CDDA?
>>
reminder

PCB is modal and not a roguelike
DCSS is a dungeon crawler and not a roguelike
CDDA is a game about smoking weed in your RV while using a vibrator in your fursuit so not a roguelike
Caves of Quck costs money and thus is not a roguelike
Tome is ugly as fuck and not a roguelike
Elona is shit and not a roguelike
>>
reminder

Death is the only option
>>
when will I be able to domesticate ants
>>
File: upset.png (94KB, 306x243px) Image search: [Google]
upset.png
94KB, 306x243px
>haven't played dcss in a while
>decide to get back into the swing of things with an easy mfdk
>dk is gone
>>
>>174047573

I only play real roguelites
>>
File: 1491083509742.jpg (71KB, 423x389px) Image search: [Google]
1491083509742.jpg
71KB, 423x389px
>>174047192
wan wan
>>
God, I tried to play .15 but the low quality of the tiles just kills my eyes. It's like someone stuck a blurry lens on my laptop.
>>
>>174047573
>dck is gone
>>
File: djthez.png (201KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
djthez.png
201KB, 1366x632px
Fucking seriously man, did they change some ood spawns or what? This is a 2nd double headed ogre on this floor
>>
>>174048453
>D:8
Doesn't seem like a problem to me.
>>
>>174048453
Man up, it doesn't even have a GCS.
>>
>>174048508
>>174048754
I kileld it, dont worry, but what are the odds of 2 orc high priests to be in a bailey, fucking bullsiht
>>
>>174048869

Orc warlords regularly appear there, why'd you expect otherwise?
>>
>>174048869
High. Baileys are high risk-high reward portals. Be lucky you didn't get the elf bailey.
>>
>>174048962
Not warlords, priests
>>
>>174048754
>Giant Club (Spiked)
>>
>>174049252
Giant Clit Spike
>>
>>174049059

Warlords are stronger than high priests
>>
>>174049498
I agree but
>speed 10 monster
You could technically grab the loot you want, tank a few hits and then pillardance him.
>>
>>174049498
Not when they summon sun demons and ice devils
>>
File: exsbqn.png (208KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
exsbqn.png
208KB, 1366x632px
Which of these do i buy now? The arti plate or ring? I dont have the money for both but soon
>>
>>174050780
Also, theres an arti ice dragon armor in the shop but im not buying that
>>
File: bullshit quest.png (5KB, 208x24px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit quest.png
5KB, 208x24px
Fuck you.
>>
>>174050780
The ring is mediocre, would consider never buying it.

Any other shops? If not, the plate is an easy buy.
>>
>>174051807
No other shops, the plate is the +7 plate armour of Blue Skies (worn) {Str+9} and i bought the ring just because
>>
Alright I want to 15 runes with an octopode of Dith but I can't decide what background would be best, any tips?
>>
>>174052540
Assassin's probably good. +2 weapon from get-go plus blowpipe + curare to deal with early big threats.
>>
>>174052540
As is probably the best
>>
Any tips on playing a summoner in DCSS? Is it viable even? Can I just summon my way through the game or will I need conjuration n shit too?
>>
File: goblin-slayer-7763293.jpg (170KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goblin-slayer-7763293.jpg
170KB, 800x1200px
Any games other than DF and CoQ that makes killing hordes of trash mobs kinda fun?
>>
>>174027890
DF
>>
File: jellies.png (10KB, 612x155px) Image search: [Google]
jellies.png
10KB, 612x155px
I wish I had more high resistances. Having 78% in all elemental resistances, but still.
>>
>>174056372
ToME4
>>
File: qokbno.png (310KB, 1366x631px) Image search: [Google]
qokbno.png
310KB, 1366x631px
This is cute, didnt know this can happen
>>
>>174056974
yeah, they brought back the old animate forest spell.
>>
File: esyexp.png (204KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
esyexp.png
204KB, 1366x632px
>>174057098
But its just regular forest, they didnt attack me or anything, not sure tho
Also FUCK
>>
>>174057270
>hey didnt attack me or anything
You might want to look at the image you posted
>A tree reaches out and hits you!
>>
>>174057270
Well i died, i love it how invis does jack shit in this game anymore
>>
File: Retard retort.png (42KB, 134x274px) Image search: [Google]
Retard retort.png
42KB, 134x274px
>>174057482
>Well i died

YOU WERE MELEEING THE LERNAEAN HYDRA
>>
>>174057652
HE CAME TO ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO I DIDNT EVEN KNOW HE WAS ON THE LEVEL
CANT SHAFT, CANT TP, CANT DIG THROUGH TREES, ONLY THING I COULD DO IS INVIS AND RUN AND EVEN THEN HE HIT ME WITH LIKE 10+ ATTACKS EVERYTIME ON TILES AND FOLLOWED EVERY OF MY STEPS
>>
>>174057778

BLINK
YOU HAD A FUCKING UPSTAIR STAIRCASE RIGHT THERE MAN
>>
>>174057854
HOW CAN I BLINK AS A Fo? AND AS I SAID, HE FOLLOWED ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
>>
How needed is a numpad?
I'm thinking of switching to an ultrabook and thus no numpad. All I play really is ToME 4, DC:SS, NetHack and PosCHeng

I assume it'll be fine but I've always used the numpad. Is it just a case of getting used to other keys for movement or do any of the above need it?
>>
>>174057892
Oh yeah. You're a formicid.

Well you could have simply vule-feared it.
>>
>Shadow Step
>enemy can still wake up the moment you literally teleport behind his back
What's the fucking point
>>
Or treeform-torment-torment beat the shit out of it.
>>
>>174058006
Vule feared?

>>174058263
I was scared of using tree form because, you know, you have 2 ev only then.. Not the best idea and i had no torment scrolls on me
It wouldnt have been so bad if i werent in a small space like that, i had no clouds around me because of that
>>
File: I've seen footage.png (197KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
I've seen footage.png
197KB, 1440x900px
>>174058409
Vulnerability scroll to remove MR and fear scroll to scare it off now that it has less r
Hell, I don't know if lerny has 2 pips even , I mean it probably almost certainly has but still.
>>
File: gozagzig.png (797KB, 1915x953px) Image search: [Google]
gozagzig.png
797KB, 1915x953px
>>174057482
>that trash AC
the sign of someone that didn't go Gozag
>>
>>174057939
Well, you're probably aware that those games can use hjklyubn, so that's an option.

DCSS at least allows further remapping, so you can use WASD if you like.

While some games are exceptions and memers might say otherwise, you NEED diagonals for any serious roguelike.
>>
File: 1469173203421[1].jpg (91KB, 423x287px) Image search: [Google]
1469173203421[1].jpg
91KB, 423x287px
>>174056681
>>
>>174058630
I don't mind using the hjkl etc. I'll get used to them. I'm just wondering if it's an actual serious option for most of the more commonly played rogulikes. I know of the top of my head NetHack runs them. But I'm curious about others.
>>
File: I stay noided.png (78KB, 1137x577px) Image search: [Google]
I stay noided.png
78KB, 1137x577px
Damn that'd a nice dagger.
>>
File: 1490538598313.jpg (324KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
1490538598313.jpg
324KB, 1280x757px
>>174058986
>!
>!
>!

Sometimes I wonder what I missed stopping at 13.2

Then I see the screenshots and know nothing they can do will ever hurt that Crawl I have and feel safe.
>>
>>174058986
Why is there an unknown there?
>>
>>174044361
Step one: get survival skill by pressing e at bushes
Sometimes you find Vegeta Prince of all Shrubs and that's good, you can cook and eat him
Then you make a knife spear
Then you raid
>>
>>174051683
There's one in the riddle dungeon fairly often. Try there.
>>
File: How to bailey.png (282KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
How to bailey.png
282KB, 1440x900px
>>174060449
'cause that's death-id
>>
>>174062124
>death id'd
What?? Is that something new?
>>
>>174062292
dywypi?
>>
>>174062292
No man I die all the time
>>
>>174063010
What a noble sacrifice
>>
File: The Fever.png (199KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Fever.png
199KB, 1440x900px
>Str +2
>Dex +2

I like these. They're cute.

Still no RF or shield. Will try my luck with the D:13 vault.
>>
>>174063635
DITH APPROVES
>>
File: My patience has been rewarded.png (317KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
My patience has been rewarded.png
317KB, 1440x900px
Not only I have found a shield for Lair, but also another artifact helmet!

Truly Ra smiles upon me today.
>>
>the +4 helmet of depression (RC++, stealth+)

well, I'll probably switch over from the +2 of +2 str.
>>
File: 04-15 00-49-21.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
04-15 00-49-21.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
This game is pretty fun. Never give up - even if it's first floor.
>>
File: My Korea's Over.png (241KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
My Korea's Over.png
241KB, 1440x900px
Oh hey you're even better than dithcloak

Good acquirement
>>
>>174065174
Why would you acquire armor?
>>
mr caves of quqshed dev, can I get your game for free if I shill it?
>>
New tomb is actually easier than old tomb
Of course /rlg/ complained about nothing again
>>
File: Get Got.png (312KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Get Got.png
312KB, 1440x900px
>>174065364
I wanted to acquire food, but I misclicked.

Also, some fucker splatted a TrBe here with no RC.
Guess I'll have to RNG this one through, I don't want to miss on that sweet cave loot.
>>
>>174065842
>acq food
Just lure him into the freezing field?
>>
>>174066201
No freeze field sadly. I already killed the statues.

I beat him and the two big ice lizards the old fashioned way.
>>
Crawl is too easy but I hate other roguelikes, what do I play?

>inb4 MuMo
>>
File: When it rains it pours.png (260KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
When it rains it pours.png
260KB, 1440x900px
Let's be serious here for a minute

I've got so many good artifacts in this run
I can't believe it
>>
>>174066675
prepare for a sonja with a dagger on distortion sleeping next to stairs and woke nessos wondering on d6 plus fire dragons and hellhound ending
>>
>>174066609
Felid of qaz
>>
first for chei
>>
File: Just kill me now.png (404KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Just kill me now.png
404KB, 1440x900px
We're doing it, boys.

The fourth Pharaoh is going to be the Aralgeean collective, I feel it.

>>174066761
I already have Snorg camping the orc:1 staircase, the fucker. But maybe I can lure him up and tele away.
>>
>>174066675
Using good artefacts is haram
>>
>Buy new cloak
>it's Relec, RF AND +2 str

it's like
Someone rolled the really really good cloak with the good cloak of dith

I think I'm going to hyperventilate
>>
File: mrbones.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mrbones.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>174068408
I will savour your tears once you die to some random trash thanks to your newfound happiness and overconfidence
>>
>>174068769
game?
>>
>abyssed by ogre mage
Oh yeah that happened

>>174068769
Pretty much
>>
>>174068769
>>
File: I STAY NOIDED.png (231KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
I STAY NOIDED.png
231KB, 1440x900px
How many images of great artifacts have I posted yet?
Like seven?
>>
File: Lawful Good.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>174069406
Don't worry. It won't be long until the smiting, undead scum

>>174068851
NWN2 on Sigil; City of Doors PW
>>
Someone asked last thread or this thread if cancelation potion removes corrosion and it yes it does, i removed -8 earlier today but it was from antropy weaver so it could be different if a jelly does it
>>
>>174071557
Two kinds of corrosion sounds like bloat, so they're probably both the same.
>>
>>174072556
yeah, in the old days of bloat acid and corr were 2 different things
>>
File: ripetyrap2.png (44KB, 576x904px) Image search: [Google]
ripetyrap2.png
44KB, 576x904px
Man, fuck Gwaihir.
>>
>>174073108
This is why I kill him and Meneldor out in the wild.
>>
>>174047039
more importantly elona is not FOSS
>>
>>174058741
vi-keys is an option in everything except adom and tome4
and even those two still allow remapping keys, you'd just have to do it manually instead of picking a keyset in a menu
>>
>>174073108
>gwaihir plus smaug
this is what you get for nowilderness i guess
if you play in normal mode you can just not fight him until you have levitation, at least
>>
File: Go Aralgeean Dynasty.png (421KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Go Aralgeean Dynasty.png
421KB, 1440x900px
First MuMo rune of the /rlg/ collective!
>>
File: Should've blinked I guess.png (465KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Should've blinked I guess.png
465KB, 1440x900px
Man, he hits hard.
>>
ALL THOSE ARTIFACTS
>>
>>174070054
Do NWN and NWN2 have any essential mods if I want to start playing?
>>
>>174078119
>sincerely dieing to jogrun
You disgust me
>>
>>174073108
nice birb collection
>>
Are nips good at crawl?
>>
>>174082223
Nips don't play roguelikes
>>
>>174082297
What about the original mystery dungeons and elona?
>>
>>174082395
Well Elona isn't a roguelike, I can't say anything about the original mystery dungeons since I don't have enough information

Elona is fun though
>>
File: pos.png (39KB, 647x461px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
39KB, 647x461px
Would have been nice with 11 blows. Well, better luck next time.
>>
>>174082223
Koreans are.
>>
>>174083171
I can't imagine seeing Cinderella wearing that

Is Cinderella actually in PCB?
>>
>>174077619
are you ponyposter
it doesn't count if you're a previous pharaoh
>>
I've ben reading over "Obsolete Articles" because the game felt off to me (used to play it years ago, came back to it).

They've removed so much cool stuff it's ridiculous. Are they doing this to troll players at this point? The flavor of crawl is almost gone. It's a meme that they seem unaware of being a part of, how can these devs be so unaware fucking devs Reeeeeeee
>>
>>174083397
no but there is a "glass slippers" artifact
>>
>>174083889
I have mixed feelings about changes, some are good some are not. Things like item destruction, weight and the recent change regarding mutations are nice.
>>
>>174083889
The devs are a bunch of goons and pretentious autists following a self-destructive "design philosophy". In the dcss devteam, virtue signaling and being best buddies with other devs matters more than not being fucking retarded. Unsurprisingly nepotism produces pure shit.
>>
>>173968630
do you ever wonder if roguelikes are actually bad, and we're just wasting our time
>>
>>174084340

What's the recent mutation change? I agree about item destruction and weight, but most enemies that get removed dont need to be. Same with spells.
>>
>>174081665
Didn't know shatter could hit for up to 220 damage
Last time I just fucking drowned him with a swamp drake
>>
>>174084696
Potions of cure and beneficial mutation are gone

Unless you are playing Zin, once you get mutated you can scramble your actual mutations by using a potion of mutation it strips 2-6 mutations, add 1-3 random mutations, then add one good mutation in that order.

So it goes beyond "quaff cure mut"
>>
>>174085102
Yeah its "quaff mut and pray that the fucking *rage goes away because we removed clarity"
>>
>>174085218
All the time, but I'm too scared of failing to put effort in real hobbies.
Maybe I'll stop playing roguelikes obsessively and learn to play the harmonica.
>>
>>174085218
tfw ants are literally immune to *rage *slow and *tele
>>
>>174085102

That's actually really nice, always thought the mutation system could be better.

>>174085218

If you worship Ash you can still get clarity right? Clarity amulets (and related) is another thing I wish they hadn't removed.
>>
>>174085605
There is still clarity on the katana and amulet of the four winds
>>
>>174085605
Their reason for removing clarity and rMut was perfectly sound though, they dont add anything to the game and only work as swap-ins for 1% of the game
>>
>>174085218
!mut tends towards twice as many mutations removed than added, setting aside the goodmut.
>>
>>174083889
I think the *major* issue is that, in contrast to what was said in the "200+ cooks, no chef" article, the devs rarely re-implement and improve things that get removed.

For some things, it makes sense: if a race is considered bloaty, it makes sense not to bring it back; if certain interface/tedium issues are worked out, it makes sense not to bring them back if everyone is satisfied.

But with the number of removals in the past few versions, quite a few things could stand to be re-included or at least seriously reconsidered (e.g. a number of enemies who have no real equivalents). It's sad that Pakellas is one of the ***only*** things from <=0.18 that MIGHT get into 0.20 and very likely won't.
>>
>>174085708

Eh, clarity was a swap in but still very useful IMO. Makes a big difference in Shoals especially. I see what you mean though, but at the same time it's nice to have a little nuance to the game. It adds variety.
>>
>>174054487
summoning is trash
to win summoner you play as a polearm melee hitdudes only, and maybe get one low level summoning spell to help with positioning and reachscumming
>>
>>174086386
This is the downside of not having a lead (or even a plan, really). You basically need the person who originally implemented something to come back and work on it, since otherwise if no one cared enough to fix it before removing it, definitely no one is going to put in the effort to try and get it re-added.

DDA has similar problems with half-implemented features.
>>
File: spathi-council.gif (83KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
spathi-council.gif
83KB, 485x213px
Happy easter, /rlg/! I haven't been around since the last cTournament, but I'm always happy to return. What's the FotM now?
>>
File: pos.png (43KB, 647x461px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
43KB, 647x461px
And now I just need to farm for immunities or -rockets.
>>
>>174082223
nips think demigod wanderer is easy so probably
>>
>>174088087
I thought that was a meme. On another note are demigods plainly hard or is it just me.
>>
>>174086386
>>174087196
The real problem is the design philosophy and all of those legally retarded wannabe game designers latching onto it like the holy bible. They think pointless removals and """"""anti-scumming"""""""" features like OoD clock and energy randomization are good, and they often use it to decrease player options and player choice. Sometimes they remove and nerf shit just to slap their micropenises on the players' faces.

They claim to reduce bloat and remove "annoying" things from the game, while actually introducing more annoying shit and refusing to remove things that ACTUALLY make the game tedious and unfun to play like spell hunger. Who the fuck even likes spell hunger and crawl's "nuh uh I won't eat this corpse that will rot away in a couple of dozen turns after creation because I'm not hungry enough" hunger """""""balance""""""" mechanics.

DCSS devs are control freaks and anyone who still plays that pile of shit is a stockholm syndromed gimp bitchboy. Crawl has been dead for years.
>>
>>174088495
whoa calm down
>>
>>174088918
It makes me angry seeing for years how they've been ruining the game, and how they've infected the rest of the roguelike genre with their retardition too.
>>
>>174089238
>and how they've infected the rest of the roguelike genre with their retardition too.
Feel free to explain.
>>
File: 0c3.jpg (68KB, 680x622px) Image search: [Google]
0c3.jpg
68KB, 680x622px
>>174088495
>joins the complaining about crawl
>exclusively shits on good features

Crawl's problem is they have too many cooks and all of said cooks are so traumatized by nethack's "i dunno let's put it in lol" design philosophy that they've gone the exact opposite direction and will soon produce a roguelike with no features.

The saddest part is it's still one of the best roguelikes available, and still way more fun than nethack.
>>
>>174089653
>a roguelike with no features
shit, i'd play it
>>
>>174089653
>OOD clock
>energy randomization
>spell hunger
>good features
The image you posted is looking very appropriate for this.
>>
>2 mi-go north of start shelter
>zombie scientist and fat zombie on the other side

i didn't want to live anyway
>>
>>174091018
Just go east/west
>>
>>174091427
one mi-go heard me and followed me, I dragged him into the zombies, but there's wolves east and swamp west. I'm worried about getting back to the shelter since I'm pretty sure the mi-go won't fuck off any time soon and it's probably eating all my food and crapping on my pillow right now Town north though, so off I go
>>
>>174086386
>>174089653

Example of 200+ chefs, no head cooks :

>Corin Buchanan
Rename Krishna to Zephyr
http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=0de3dc5055045dce65ec3a1bc033e299f515b960

>gammafunk
Revert "bow of Krishna "Sharnga" -> longbow "The First...
http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=e6c5631b3d2aeed712a3d5e6736a2178a49925b7

>Alex Jurkiewicz
bow of Krishna "Sharnga" -> longbow "The First Bow"
http://s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=76effe11021bde25e867927bb10e2547c6481409

Changes aren't even discussed, there's no discussion, there's no pull request, they only press the commit button.
At least every change in Cataclysm-DDA is discussed in pull request.

t. crawl devs : crawl isn't democracy.
>>
>>174092579
I'm sure you'll do well anon, I believe in you.
>>
Shit Demigods are actually good.

Except for the no god part.
>>
>>174092695
I feel awful for the guy who coded Wu Jian.

To see something you worked on for an entire year picked apart and Tavern'd until it's just a mediocre and uninteresting shell of its former self - just imagine sitting there and watching all your work be slowly undone by some lazy cunt "dev" whose greatest contribution to DCSS was switching the gender of a monster. Then, when you raise concerns, you get that smug, passive-aggressive non-response of "lol omg who cares it's just a game chill dood" from the same gaggle of catty bitches who flip their shit over Erolcha being called "ugly" and The Sword of Jihad.

You legitimately try, and your efforts are rewarded with raised eyebrows, as if everyone on the devteam is a high school girl. It reminds me a lot of the story behind Spore.
>>
>>174093503
How can someone win Crawl with no god
>>
>>174092695
There probably is discussion, somewhere in an IRC channel.

You're right, though; Crawl development is a mess in part for organizational reasons.
>>
>>174093914
what did they bastardize about wu tang clan god?
>>
>>174094003
They have good stats. Thats it.
>>
>>174094204
I know, I was asking how is it possible to win with them, to win with a demigod.
>>
>>174094316
by collecting the orb of zot and then ascending to the surface
>>
>>174094316
Same as anything else. You kill the monsters and go down stairs until you win the game.

You seem to be under the false impression that DCSS is a difficult game. Please understand that it is not.
>>
>>174094408
But how can they do that, it's too hard to do with no god

>>174094417
But everyone told me DCSS was hard
>>
File: 1484730538955.png (415KB, 654x702px) Image search: [Google]
1484730538955.png
415KB, 654x702px
>>174094575
its hard if your bad at videogames
>>
File: 1447603197294.jpg (41KB, 484x650px) Image search: [Google]
1447603197294.jpg
41KB, 484x650px
>>174094575
>But how can they do that, it's too hard to do with no god
o rly
>>
File: 1491054348307.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491054348307.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>174094027
>There probably is discussion, somewhere in an IRC channel.

That's one of the major issues behind development.

With such a large development team, all discussions end up taking place behind closed doors, in private channels or in personal messages. If you want your commits to stay, you have to end up creating a coalition. Even in the interview with minmay, he says that the most important characteristic of a would-be developer isn't the ability to code but the ability to "socialize".
>>
Can you clean filthy stuff in cata yet?
>>
>>174094643
Please don't bully

>>174094778
That's what I've been told
>>
>>174094575
It's not hard, just boring.

Whenever you meet a monster you have to back up to a safe zone EVERY SINGLE TIME so that fighting it won't wake up other monsters. That's pretty much it. You're basically roleplaying a serial killer from a B slasher movie.
>>
>>174094785
>closed doors
the irc is publically joinable and iirc they even keep logs if you wanna read them
they're not intentionally hiding anything
it's just that only autists use irc so nobody sees their conversations without intentionally seeking it out
>>
File: 1462585463036.png (801KB, 1920x853px) Image search: [Google]
1462585463036.png
801KB, 1920x853px
>>174094835
>That's what I've been told
don't listen to strangers!
>>
can i get this post tummy slashed
>>
What category of axe is ideal in DCSS? Hand? Executioner? Broad?
>>
>>174095360
EXECUTIONER
Hb
A
N
D
>>
>>174095360
Executioner, shields are for the gays. Exe of distortion fuck the police.
>>
>>174095360
>ideal

depends on your skill. Generally 2h axes > 1h. Don't use the Obsidian Axe or Wrath of Trog, they'll most likely murder you instead.
>>
>>174095360
The one that axes all the content
>>
>>174095259
i won't permit it
>>
>>174095360
hand
>>
>>174095505
>laughing formicids
>>
>>174094785
Interview was with Lasty not minmay
Lasty is a retard, minmay is just a faggot
>>
>>174078941
a dance with rogues is the greatest mod(ule) tbqhfampai
>>
>>174095947
Is that the one with bestiality?
>>
Anyone else feel that they buffed two-headed ogres a little too hard after they removed giants? They're encountered a bit early for the amount of damage they deal now, imo
>>
>>174096084
ettins are out of the game?
>>
>>174096308
hill giants
>>
>>174096569
>hill dwarves removed
>hill giant removes
beware
>>
>>174095569
>>174095718
Got 16.8 axes currently, only just found the temple, not sure if I want to join Makhleb or oku for goodies. Aside from base damage, why 2h axes over 1h with the shorter mindelay like hand axe?
>>174095505
>>174095478
Was planning on it when I got to late game, why are shields bad tho?
>>174095612
I'm not the dev in charge
>>
>>174094027
>There probably is discussion, somewhere in an IRC channel.
I'm not >>174092695, but I checked:

While the idea of renaming Krishna was discussed -- only on Tavern, and only for a short period of time, with mostly non-devs, and with NO ACTUAL CONSENSUS besides "minmay thinks we should change the name" -- the actual new name was not.

Gammafunk was the only person to raise a stink about the new name for Sharnga, which is why Sharnga->First Bow got reverted by him.

And then the discussion about the new name moved towards giving the bow more interesting properties (good!), except gammafunk and Lasty ignored all of that and just focused on the name, which could have been sweet (and there were some suggestions). Once Lasty chose Zephyr himself, that's the name that was stuck with, and then with a little bit of time, he committed the change.

>>174094785
btw, minmay isn't even a goddamn Crawl dev.

You can check ##crawl-dev and see that he doesn't have +v, or commit access.
>>
>>174096742
Because shields are for pussies
>>
>>174096742
handaxe has the lowest min delay of all axes
since strength, fighting skill, axe skill, and enchantment can increase damage damage done, they all synergise with a faster swing speed
>>
>>174096084
Expect the following dev-log:
>Two-headed ogres appear too early, and having them appear later causes too much overlap with ettins. Removed.
>>
replace two-headed ogres with deformed 1-headed ettins
>>
>>174095360
Base damage trumps everything. However, you also have to take into account your skill. At 16 axes a Battleaxe might be abetter choice than an Executioner's axe, but a once you reach mindelay with an Exec axe you'll be cleaving motherfuckers across the screen. Good brands late are antimagic (amazing in extended against annoying casters but good luck finding one if you're not worshipping Trog), holy wrath (amazing against anything else but you'll need to have it blessed by TSO), distortion (top tier flat damage bonus but kinda annoying, can banish/tele/blink enemies, plus unwielding it risks all sorts of shit if you're not a Lugonu worshipper), Pain if you're using Necromancy, or Elec if you simply don't qualify for the rest.

Freezing is okay if you cant get any other brand, Flaming is only worth it early and crucial against hydras, Vamp drops off like a truck in extended but can carry you til Zot in a 3 rune game without breaking a sweat. Draining, Venom and Protection are only decent early and Vorpal is for boring nerds. Oh and Xom can suck my Chaotic dick with his hasted berserked xtahua
>>
>>174096084
>>174097057
Ettins are the greatest noob trap ever invented.

I fully support replacing all two-headed ogres with ettins armed with clubs of reaching.
>>
>Ogres overlap too much with orcs and giants and only exist as a D&D reference. We're removing all enemy ogres.
>>
>>174096742
It's not that shields are bad anon, it's that lategame (extended, so nothing past 5 runes at best) involves a lot of bad shit that a shield does virtually fuck-all against (mummy death curses in Tomb, malmutations, Torment, which cuts your current HP in half and Damnation, which is an unavoidable piece of shit spam hurled by asshole demons). The exp used in skilling shields can be used for much bettter purposes instead skilling magic/invocations/other skills that help you avoid those shitty damage sources.

Plus 1h axes are just mediocre weapons damage-wise, if you want a 1h weapon you go long blades if you're a race with high EV, short blade if you're stabbing or m&f if neither of the two apply.
>>
>>174097726
>nothing past
*everything past, my bad
>>
>>174096742
shields aren't bad, 1h axes are bad
if you want to use shields go with swords or maces
>>
File: diesel.jpg (52KB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
diesel.jpg
52KB, 400x253px
>>174097939
My first win was with 2h maces. I had a +12 Holy Great Mace
>>
File: pos.png (30KB, 647x461px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
30KB, 647x461px
Good thing the maw of hell only resists plasma.
>>
>>174095183
Who is this semen demon ('U')?
>>
>>174098976
that one girl from that over hyped anime a few seasons or years ago that had an amazing pv but turned out to be a disappointment but at least had cute sexy girls that have no doujins. you know the one
>>
>>174099090
No I don't
>>
>>174099186
i mean the one where they had to fight demons and shit
>>
>>174099090
The only thing that disqualifies is LoGH.
>>
>>174099234
I don't know which one you're talking about

Just give me a name
>>
>>174098976
Apparently it's Ruru from Myriad Colors Phantom World.
>>
>>174093914

The problem with Wu Jian is that its niche is making movement more optimal than TAB. That is its problem, tedium that you're forced to do since it's optimal just like the same problem Charms has now except it's way more severe since it's movement that's merged with TAB.

And if you nerf its movement skills so they're not way more optimal compared to tab, the god would become near useless. It's one thing if it's just an overpowered active skill so it won't overlap with tab; a lot of considerations and looking the other way could be given but a passive skill that merges with tab just won't do since tabbing is what the player does most in the game, if you make tabbing more complicated, it'd go against the design goal. It's quite problematic
>>
what did the devs do to wu tang god
please respond
>>
File: sniper.png (32KB, 802x479px) Image search: [Google]
sniper.png
32KB, 802x479px
This artefact worth the price of admission, 1200 or so gold?
>>
>>174099270
Ah, Legend of Gay Hole. One of my favorites.
>>
File: dda silliness.png (158KB, 1132x727px) Image search: [Google]
dda silliness.png
158KB, 1132x727px
I mean, this is probably a bug, but driving your motorcycle in circles while reach attacking zombies is pretty strong.

Seems like being grabbed doesn't pull you off either, unless that is because of the seat belt.
>>
>>174100430
I'm not allowed to voluntarily make the game more complicated for fun and power? Maybe we should remove spellcasting since playing a caster is like laboriously working each prong of a pinecone into my ass one by one.
>>
>>174101547
To be fair, playing DCSS is like doing something I don't enjoy for multiple hours because it's an engaging way of wasting time.
>>
>>174100560
>>
>>174102541
oh and here's a link to that thread:
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21725
>>
>>174101547

Spells already fills that niche of a fighting style of making the game more complicated than tab and for the record, they have way more lategame potential than simple tabbing thus making it unique and meaningful. Wu Jian
simply doesn't have that, you'd get the passive movements as soon as you obtain the piety for them and do them ad infinitum, at least spells use mana.

And if you put piety costs for movement skills, it'd go against the design goal of Steel Neutron of making the passive movements a staple for the god. It was a doomed effort right from the start
>>
When using Gozag's shop ability, does the price actually mean something?
Do more expensive shops have more items or is it just rng fuckery
>>
>>174103083
i think it's rng fuckery
>>
>>174102795
it's a goddamn travesty. this poor chink loving cuck just wants to make his wuxia god and the snakes come slithering out the tavern ;_;
>>
File: gozag.png (470KB, 1828x1568px) Image search: [Google]
gozag.png
470KB, 1828x1568px
>>174103324
>D:7
>Gozag already gifts you 85% of what you need to survive the entire 15 runes
thanks mr. jew
How long until bloatzag is removed
>>
>>174104150
>660 gold
>>
File: please just remove WJC.png (90KB, 1877x618px) Image search: [Google]
please just remove WJC.png
90KB, 1877x618px
>>174102541
>>174102795
>>174103846

I did some research, the devs splitted the post from the author (Steel Neuron) and moved it into Crazy Yiuf Corner.
That's pretty harsh.

https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23300&p=309668#p309557
>>
>tfw you don't get any escorts in the starter dungeons so they all show up in fucking Dreadfell instead
>>
>>174104315
It's really disappointing to see someone passionate shat on like that.

>>174105191
Some of them might be in Reknor! Or occasionally didn't spawn because a door between spawn and the portal was closed, and they'll show up if you re-enter the level with it open.

Generally I found escort RNG nonsense was annoying enough that I grabbed the mod that let you pick the type you get.
>>
>>174104315
I don't understand the logic that since a god overlaps in some way with another god, that alone is reason enough to remove one of them.
>>
>finally get the plutonium sword on a sword character
>it turns most shit into iron giants
this isnt as cool as i had hoped
>>
>>174105551
BLOAT
Yet fedhas is still in and nobody even knows what he does
>>
>>174105707
Fedhas is pretty okay for orbruntomb.
>>
>>174105595

You're just unlucky
>>
>You see: Antaeus wielding the Dark Maul
time to pretend that i am a stealth character
>>
>>174105920
Good news, minmay wants to remove monster equipment
>>
File: puhpuhpuhpanic.png (56KB, 766x560px) Image search: [Google]
puhpuhpuhpanic.png
56KB, 766x560px
This 'pede's got some brass balls not to be scared or even uneased by this. But (s)he survived.
>>
How do I play Tome 4 DLC without donating
>>
Ah ok nevermind found it on Skidrow
>>
>>174104315
>developing someone else's game
>not keeping all of the power and credit to yourself
But... why?
>>
So is minmay just an "idea guy" that cant code
>>
A million coders would still need an idea guy to produce a decent game
>>
>>174105920

>not having curare to turn Antaeus into freexp

FAULT
>>
>>174105707
Fedhas clears v:$ and z:$ and other dangerous vaults with safety the likes of which can only compared to simulacrum+corpse delivery. Fedhas (madash) is basically the god for weak races that want to kill stuff without training killing skills, just invo. In exchange for having the strongest invocations, he uses a fruit ammo system that can run out.
>>
Yes but an infinite number of monkeys on typewriters will eventually write one of shakespeare's works
an infinite number of codemonkeys would eventually program an actually good game
>>
>>174106842
Wanting to be a part of something, loneliness, etc. Plus maybe the game formerly known as crawl is his favorite game in the world and he really wants to improve it.
>>
A million ideaguys would still need a good idea to produce decent input
>>
>>174106874
From what I can tell, the gist is:
* minmay created a bunch of vaults for the game some years ago (maybe/probably still does, i dunno)
* they've played the game a bunch and posted often in tavern, ##crawl, and ##crawl-dev
* all of this gives them (i honestly don't know if "they" are a man or woman, since their tavern name is duvessa...) the appearance of knowing a lot about the game and being right about the game's direction

Honestly, minmay isn't the problem. The problem is the people with commit access who lack the ability think for themselves. And I guess the secondary problem is that there are really *are* a lot of smart and non-retarded devs on the team, but they can't be arsed to deal with the most virtue-signalling and idiotic devs among them.
>>
>>174107881
>elliptic saved potions of haste and then left for pcb
;_; a hero
>>
What if the monkey output isn't really random but is a function of random and static variables that lead to systematic problems
>>
File: fedhas.png (90KB, 294x427px) Image search: [Google]
fedhas.png
90KB, 294x427px
>>174105707
>>
>>174107881
Minmay is a guy
90% sure
>>
>>174109462
He's a goon too so probably MtF trans.
>>
>>174109462
I dont think any girl plays roguelikes
>>
>>174109561
This tbqh.
>>
>>174105707
Fedhas is the god of tower defense
>>174109561
I'm also pretty sure he's a straight white cis male, and fairly young. I don't know if he's drinking legal, but his mannerisms in our chats lead me to believe that he's young.
>>
>>174110319
dev pls go
>>
>>174106997
everybody is an idea guy, anon
>>
>>174107881
duvessa is his waifu
>>
File: possessor forest.png (1MB, 1591x869px) Image search: [Google]
possessor forest.png
1MB, 1591x869px
>800 max HP with solipsism
>at level 15
>also ridiculous resource regen for some reason
This class is silly.
>>
for the record, mundanity doesn't work on death scythes
>>
>>174111698
Help he won't shut up about his sexy elf dreams
>>
>>174020465
Play a mutant, go balls deep in either tge axe or blunt weapon trees.

>responding a day late

>info is from before steam release, but should still work
>>
>>174111961
did you donate or what
>>
Some of the 6 (six) bolt spells are getting removed? Fucking finally! Get rid of these redundancies RIGHT NOW
>>
>>174111961
I will never understand how humans are able to create something this ugly
>>
http://git.develz.org/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=c3250cedb15aaef2e9884e530380ed6f172435e5
How do you even temp brand holy wrath
>>
>>174117726
excrutiating wounds and warp weapon (removed lol) both temporarily overwrite the weapon's brand
if you had a holy weapon and temporarily magicked it into a pain weapon, you used to be able to curse it, even though holy weapons are otherwise immune to cursing
>>
>>174117726

Just remove brands already and ease everyone of their suffering
>>
This changes things. This changes everything.
>>
>>174118012
Post your damage with it.
>>
>>174117062
IGG
>>
Fucking cunt roguelikes suck up my fucking life

It's so hard to bother being careful after playing for 5 hours, that more often than not my character in ToME4 dies because I do some stupid shit like use a regen over time heal rather than a straight heal because I can't be bothered thinking about how much damage I'll take from 2 stupid cunts the next turn.
>>
does the ghoul's "you can't take more than 50% of your maxhp damage in one hit" talent work before reduction?
can you play a ghoul solipsist and keep your maxhp as low as possible while absorbing all the damage with psi instead of hp?
>>
>>174117358
Nothing surprises me when Crawl tiles exist.
>>
what happened to the roguelite general?

Also: Whats the best crawl class to play if I want to plant traps and play like a tactics game instead of a MiBe Tablord
>>
>>174119056
awoo-posting happened
>>
>>174119056
It died as it is wont to do.
>Also: Whats the best crawl class to play if I want to plant traps and play like a tactics game instead of a MiBe Tablord
Don't play crawl.
>>
File: nocombatringsatleast.png (14KB, 565x441px) Image search: [Google]
nocombatringsatleast.png
14KB, 565x441px
>>174118082
It's enough. Still got Oberon and the Serpent (and Nodens, and the Destroyer), and I'll be making minor adjustments after reforges most likely.

Unless I die.
>>
>>174119056
the only way to plant traps is the god that lets you make trap plants
>>
>>174119179
any RL's where you can play as a crafty trap guy taking out numerous enemies at a time?
>>
>>174119180
Oh you'e a centipede.
Nice.
682 Normal @ 66% vs 175 AC is pretty oustanding damage for a centipede.
>>
>>174119056
Crawl used to have a tower defense minigame in previous versions, in case you're new to the game.

You'll never guess what happened to it.
>>
>>174119056
Whatever of Fedhas
>>174108390
>>
>>174119290
Stupendous post.
>>174119293
Brogue would be the best fit which I can think of. It's not really a common roguelike thing.
>>
>>174119295
>4 rings of power and only doing 682 damage per round
oh man remind me never to play a centipede
>>
>>174119339
Zotdef was mechanically broken because of bitrot and because whoever maintained it, stopped maintaining it. If you put in the work to fix it, it's like to be re-added.
>>
>>174119293
that's lewd
>>
>>174119663
bits cant rot
>>
>play tablord, get poo pushed in
>play venom mage, game is ez mode

uhh? I thought tablords were the classes for beginners?
>>
>>174120784
And they are considering how magic is pure trash in Crawl besides buffs and extremely high level spells
Tab accomplishes more for about 90% of the game with way faster speed and defenses = survivability
>>
File: meltdown.jpg (54KB, 453x431px) Image search: [Google]
meltdown.jpg
54KB, 453x431px
>no square font option

eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>174118243
dnno what this means
>>
>>174054487
Just play merfolk gladiator and go yred.
>>
File: literally.png (50KB, 495x86px) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
50KB, 495x86px
>>174057270
>meleeing lernaean hydra
>+0 eveningstar
>>
File: deathcurseshmeathcurse.png (62KB, 763x563px) Image search: [Google]
deathcurseshmeathcurse.png
62KB, 763x563px
Serpent tomorrow. Please wait warmly until it is ready.
>>
>>174121012
oh, so it's better to play like hybrids? What are some hybrids aside from Tm?
>>
>>174121012
what are you talking about, magic is dank as heck, the strongest safest way of beating the game
>>
>>174121012

>way faster speed

spells are objectively the fastest and the greatest damage source one can have though
>>
>>174122707
not throwing large rocks or dragonform with str?
>>
>>174122825

No. What can that achieve when it can only attack one enemy at a time? 99% of the enemies you'll encounter are popcorn. Not to mention that spells are ranged which can be done at a safe distance.
>>
>>174122998
well if you really wanted to scum you could evoke cleaving for your dragon melee or use penetration brand
>>
>>174121556
>no square tiles
Damn
>>
File: 1463101022640.gif (112KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1463101022640.gif
112KB, 500x372px
>>174122648
>>174122707
don't let all the informed-sounding rants about crawl's design philosophy get you confused, /rlg/ is not good at crawl or other roguelikes.
>>
>>174124529
devs are not permitted to post here
>>
File: 1490357816266.jpg (174KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
1490357816266.jpg
174KB, 900x630px
>>174124529
>tavernshitters visit /rlg/
>>
Been a long time since i've played. For a DrTm it's best to level STR right? And what should I train more, unarmed or transmutations? I take it I just level Tm untill it's at a castable level?
>>
>>174124967
i mean i agree with the rants, crawl's development structure is ass and every time i play these days some removed feature makes me mad, but that doesn't mean people like >>174121012 know what they're talking about
>>
>it's a someone calls DECJ/DEFE hard episode
Casters are absurdly easy in DCSS. Why do people say otherwise? Is it because they fall for the 'you have to train melee and defense skills instead of just more spellcasting" meme?
>>
File: sigmund.png (7KB, 414x303px) Image search: [Google]
sigmund.png
7KB, 414x303px
This guy slaps your gfs ass at the bar, what do you do
>>
>>174125727
He has no arms so I don't see how he could do that
>>
>>174125224
go maximum dex so that by the time you hit dragonform your ev would be able to recover from the size penalty.
str is nice if you get like a +9 str jewelry but it just isn't justified for a race that doesn't have body armor penalties to reduce
>>
>>174125701
It's because they think you need Necromutation and a dozen other high level spells to attempt extended.
>>
>>174125765
He cockslapped her.
>>
>>174125727
>>174125765
Keep in mind he's 2.32 yd tall and weighs 0.3 stone.
>>
>>174125868
That's impressive, I think I'll compliment him on his cockslapping skills.
>>
>>174125727
i pull my gf by the hand and walk away from sigmund and because i'm not a fucking noob
>>
File: awoo no more.jpg (890KB, 560x3700px) Image search: [Google]
awoo no more.jpg
890KB, 560x3700px
300 hours in paint.net
>>
What server does /rlg/ use for webtiles? Akrasiac?
>>
>>174126107
That guy has made me lose so much salt on saltybet
>>
>>174126108
whichever one has the lowest ping relative to your location
>>
>>174126157
hey it's you
thank you for introducing me to saltybet
>>
>>174125808
alright thanks, is Tm or unarmed my focus?
>>
>>174126343
you want a bit of everything lad
contrary to popular belief level 1 transmutations miscasts can kill you
get stick to snakes at level 2 and learn how to use it
get 5 uc/fighting
get spidey form to yellow color fail rate before you cast it or just cast it straight out the gate if you feel brave
train uc and fighting in equal measure unless you enjoy missing 53 times in a row and dying to a black mamba
>>
>>174125727
I let him and the rest of the *mund brothers gangbang her.
>>
>>174126275
I think you're confusing me with someone else, this is the first time I mention saltybet here.
>>
>Dowan and Duvessa are apparently ""strong"" deep elves
>they're so ""strong"" that they want to go to the surface to get stronger
>but literally any deep elf monster would 1-turn both of them

what did the lore mean by this?
>>
>>174127280
Hold up

Does that mean the surface has even worse monsters than the dungeon?
>>
>>174127280
>crawl
>lore
>making sense or mattering
that's questions
t. questions
>>
Why isn't Crawl more like nethack/angbands

They've spent years adding and removing content, so the game is literally the same as it was 10 years ago
Except now you have more Gods
>>
>>174127386
Nethack is also the same as it was 10 years ago.

Truly Angband is the most advanced major roguelike.
>>
>>174127386
Because no one wants to maintain a fork, so everyone just plays the base game.
>>
>>174127386
Angband's code is famous for being clean and easy to work with.

Crawl's code is another story. If you're going to go through the trouble of making your own super unique fork, you might as well make your own game at that point.
>>
>>174128223
crawl's code is really awful. it can almost be compared to that aesop where a bunch of hungry villagers made a soup with lots of ingredients including a stone
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2MB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2MB, 1300x1300px
>>174126107
Nice job, you should !acquire photoshop

>>174095259
>>174095694
>>
How bad of an idea is it to do Lake of Nur right away? I have so much shit that I need to stash once I unlock my base.
>>
>>174129559
It can be kind of rough if you don't have good detection for those shit ass water imps, and a way to breath. The beast is easier if you fight it earlier, but is still pretty tough.
>>
>>174122353
He came to me, nothing i could do and >using axes in swamp
>>
>>174131528
>He came to me, nothing i could do
you sound like a rape victim lmao git gud
>>
>>174057270
>>174057482
>>174131528
>+0 weapon in swamp 4
>max piety QAZLOUD worshipper
>most likely knew lerny was approaching due to him bumbling into trees and shit
>didn't stay by the stairs or near an open area to abuse LOUD AND PROUD
>instead melee
>turn invisible when that doesn't work
>invisible when you're a whirling tornado of fucking POTS AND PANS BASHING TOGETHER
>surprised when lerny discerns your position and eats you
Qaz is too good for you, mystery anon. He could have carried you, had you asked.
>>
>>174132146
What sort of weapon i shoud use if i didnt find any flame brand axes for swamp? Maces and swords dont crosstrain so best option was a mace for it, had no great maces and eveningstar is similar to dire flail, sort of, didnt wanna cripple myself too much
And i didnt know he was approaching when i dont pay much attention to logs
>>
>>174132529
Literally use Qaz to kill hydras if you can't melee them. You get a ton of piety for chilling all the chaff, so use it. The great thing about lerny is he announces himself with >you hear a crashing noise in the distance, so its 100% your fault this time. I don't know that you've used Qaz before, but he asks for a large investment of exp. If you give it to him, you literally don't have to deal with nonsense like that. You have the strongest offensive panic button in the game, and you didn't' use it. For reference, a max power Qaz bomb can 1hko stuff like Seraph and orbs of fire. You can easily use that ability 3+ times before your piety runs low, and popping it once or twice to clear a singular dude is not a wrong thing to do.
>>
>>174132529
>>What sort of weapon i shoud use if i didnt find any flame brand axes for swamp?
>he askes this while formicid
>he asks while 28 ac 17 ev 22 sh
>he askes while 200 piety
literally any good axe at mindelay you'd have raped 17 headed hydras with those defenses
lerny should've been apocalypsed
>>
File: trohxm.png (264KB, 1366x631px) Image search: [Google]
trohxm.png
264KB, 1366x631px
>>174132782
>>174132850
LOOK AT THIS SHIT NOW
>>
File: 1450670717766.gif (1MB, 390x317px) Image search: [Google]
1450670717766.gif
1MB, 390x317px
>>174132901
don't worry lad the adder will protect you
cherish him
>>
>>174132901
>being afraid of "MOVE THAT LEAD OR I'LL MAKE YOU DEAD" 2 headed ogres
Evoke feet. Try the third staircase.

>>174132850
Meleeing lerny is always a risky move. Naga has max possible HD, so chances are most heads will hit for damage through AC. You have to be absolutely sure you can shrek him if you go for it. One of the few times quaffing berserk would be OK.
>>
>>174132782
Also yeah, im not experienced with qaz nor i know how much damage his abilities can do exactly, im still enjoying his clouds tho
>>
>>174133056
i was talking about regular hydras. ONE monster isn't even a consideration when entering swamp, you can just use consumables to deal with lerny
>>
What kind of god would you choose for an octopode transmuter+charmer+summoner hybrid?
>>
>>174133087
Its ok anon, not many people are. He requires some tight xp budgeting, but if you make it work you have an easy 4 rune win. If you want a funny meme build with him, roll a merfolk and get 14 spears and 20 EV before lair. Achieve 20 invocations by the time you finish lair, and reinvest your fighting/dodging/polearms/armour until you're more solid. Afterwards, 27 invocations. All of that is attainable before your third rune. Just fucking explode all the time, and kill the dudes.
>>
>>174133276
kek
>>
>>174133276
Sif Muna to get all the spells.
>>
>>174133297
i don't think i've had a single merfolk game in my entire life
literally the most cancerous race not even vinestalker and gargoyle has this many blessings
>>
>>174133419
They're quantified hyper diesel for sure. Vs are more of a slow burn, but way dumber. And gargoyles are the thinking mans minotaur.
>>
>>174133364
Usually that's my choice, but sometimes i just find most of the spells i need prior to temple, so i was wondering what kind of god is good in that situation. Maybe Ashenzari for skill boost?
>>
File: ded.jpg (190KB, 847x567px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
190KB, 847x567px
>ywn play merfolk crusader again
>>
File: It firest a rocket. *more*.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
It firest a rocket. *more*.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
File: Youstandyourground.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Youstandyourground.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>174133852

>>174133767
Rev up .9 and get ready for disappointment.
>>
is it even viable to do an aether-focused archmage in tome4 without being cornac?
you need so many category points
of course you need to spend one to actually unlock the aether tree
but your best offense is a hugeass explosion that also damages the player so you need a category point in meta for the "don't blow yourself up with your own AOE spells" skill
and then you're an archmage and Time is ridiculous so you absolutely have to spend another point on Time
>>
>>174133767
>ywn slowimp again
>ywn use fulsome distillation again
>>
>the +8 long sword of Debt (weapon) {slice, rC+}.
PAY DEBTS
>>
File: MeIrl;.png (383KB, 556x340px) Image search: [Google]
MeIrl;.png
383KB, 556x340px
>mfw devs make new races for me to play
>>
Why is there zero fun classes or races in Tome 4
>>
>>174135846
>the +3 gauntlets of War (Slay +4)

yessssssssssssss
>>
>2nd time in a row when i acquire armor i get a scarf
>>
>volcano
>roof falls down
>im blocked behind one exit and cant access rest of the loot
WHo came up with this bullshit now
>>
File: varg.jpg (41KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
41KB, 208x206px
>>174135978
>new races
>>
File: BuGl6.png (111KB, 1337x417px) Image search: [Google]
BuGl6.png
111KB, 1337x417px
>>174136504
>Gnoll race
>>
>>174136196
*added princess gloves
*uses glove slot, has base ac and can't be enchanted but has interesting egos!

*added silken sandals
*uses boot slot, has 0 base ac and can be enchanted to +1, but can be worn by ogres and trolls!
>>
>>174136891
*renamed princess gloves to princefolk mittens
>>
File: pjemmt.png (161KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
pjemmt.png
161KB, 1366x632px
This is easy enough, i havent had a trove in a while
>>
File: zymurd.png (151KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
zymurd.png
151KB, 1366x632px
Hey i got it!
>>
>>174140953

Congrats!
>>
>>174129152
thank you anon this is my greatest imageboard achievement
>>
>>174058514
3 pips, cutting it brings it down to 60 MR
>>
File: WellTheNightIsStillYoung.png (178KB, 1358x567px) Image search: [Google]
WellTheNightIsStillYoung.png
178KB, 1358x567px
>tfw he doesn't drop hat of pondering when i worship Chei
>>
>>174140953
I wish there was a background that came equipped with the rogue of misfortune. It would make for a pretty good conduct.
>>
>>174118012
Is it just me or is Ring of Power rather common in PCB?
>>
does negative energy resistance protect you from amulet of harm drain
>>
File: 1455727241209.png (571KB, 1120x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455727241209.png
571KB, 1120x1080px
The first time in 3 years that I decide to go outside for a change of scenery and relax at a cafe by playing Crawl, why did I have to encounter and seat next to a tummy barista? What kind of glasses qt who's most probably younger than me would wear a blue tumtum shirt and blue jeans nowadays? There should be a limit to being too proud of yourself in a Holy Sunday.
>>
>>174143923
hit her with a tummy slash so that bitch will learn her lesson
>>
>>174143923

Pics.
>>
File: ShesGotHerMiniSkirtOn.png (188KB, 774x572px) Image search: [Google]
ShesGotHerMiniSkirtOn.png
188KB, 774x572px
>artef plate

YES
>>
>>174145304
> the +1 Crystal Plate Armor of Xom's Favour (-2 DEX, +1 STR)
>>
>>174143895
No

>>174145304
>>174145418
LMao
>>
File: HotDamnThatGirlsOnFire.png (191KB, 821x545px) Image search: [Google]
HotDamnThatGirlsOnFire.png
191KB, 821x545px
Phew! Got rPois just in time for Snake!
>>
>>174145940
>slay -5
>>
File: tisbzh.png (287KB, 1366x632px) Image search: [Google]
tisbzh.png
287KB, 1366x632px
>clear crypt
>nothing in it
Fuck that shit
>>
>>174111961
>Psy regen
>9.99
what de fug

Going dual psy only?
>>
>>174147664
gotta go to tomb if you want the loot, goy
>>
>>174148026
I would if i had the equipment for it
>>
Ok since i died in v:5 now because im dumb and i had shit loot anyway, i wanna ask some question about qazlel now
How powerful are his spells, especially his b and c spells the focus fire onto clouds something and explosions around you? Should i dig through the code a bit and see how much invo affects damage and all or what? Like at 15 invo, how much do those spells do damage? And does invo affect passive clouds around you in any way? Help a brother out a bit
>>
File: kei.png (93KB, 309x297px) Image search: [Google]
kei.png
93KB, 309x297px
>mfw using medical injectors for the first time in TOME 4
They're like Infusions but better in every single way holy shit.
>>
>>174149295
His big panic buttons are instant win buttons
You go down the stairs into V:5 then you push the button then you collect the loot
>>
>>174149295
It's worth training invocations for. At high invocations, the amount of damage it does is absurd. Upheaval gets more powerful as well.

The summons aren't that great though IMO.
>>
>>174149295
Q's big one is basically a I win button at high invo
Anyways
>not just worshipping Mak, using an axe and pressing tab forever the moment you descend into V:5
If you are the formicid guy then Mak is even more recommended since lol no tele/haste/blink
>>
File: TheBoyJustWantsToGetOff.png (168KB, 902x541px) Image search: [Google]
TheBoyJustWantsToGetOff.png
168KB, 902x541px
Reflection OP
>>
File: archaic graphics.png (17KB, 666x429px) Image search: [Google]
archaic graphics.png
17KB, 666x429px
The best NetHack variant ever - now with old-style Epyx Rogue graphics! (insert smiley here)
>>
File: AndSheJustNeededAFix.png (131KB, 907x564px) Image search: [Google]
AndSheJustNeededAFix.png
131KB, 907x564px
Oooh. We singing sword now.
>>
>>174151946
Do it
>>
>>174133642
If you want more unarmed damage, go Oka.
>>
>>174150292
>>174150352
I see, i train it to like 15 - 18, depends, since at 15 his c is at 1% then i dont know the name, sorry

>>174151052
Yeah, im the FoFi guy on rlgrobin, im just testing qaz since i only used like 4 gods and i wanna try to win with something new now, wouldnt wanna use makh really, atleast not now
>>
>be naga
>see early ogre
What do
>>
>>174151408
>tfw you reflect ancient lich orb back at him
The lich explodes!!!!!
>>
>>174153560
>spit
>crawl away until you can spit again
>hit it or use consumables or whatever you need
>>
>>174154002
>walking away
>as naga
He doesnt even need to have a club of reaching then mate
>>
>>174149295
Qazlal is THE formicid god for a 3 runer. They have good invocations aptitudes so upheaval and disaster area can get to amazing power with relatively quickly leveled invocations. The summons can be okay as a means of escape but they're really lacking. Upheaval and disaster area is where it's at. BTW, with disaster area, you don't want a lot of open space (unless you're on V:5), you actually want your enemies to be in as small and enclosed areas as possible to minimise the risk of multiple upheavals whiffing. Funneling things into a corridor however and popping disaster area is one of the most satisfying feelings and you can easily wipe panlords with it.
>>
>>174154596
I was on a roll for 15 rune, i had godlike items few days back but i made a booboo on dance floor in pan and died, sadly.. Maybe using qaz powers would save me there easily but i just panicked a bit.. Heres the morgue file, dont bully too much plz https://underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/rlgrobin/morgue-rlgrobin-20170413-161409.txt
>>
>>174155114
15 runes without Mak/TSO requires you to actually be quite good at the game, don't feel bad anon
>>
File: 20170328075052_1.jpg (427KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170328075052_1.jpg
427KB, 2560x1080px
What are some fun Roguelikes to try?

I've played ADoM and beaten it (once), ToME (Beat twice on babby mode), and I played a little of Caves of Quck.

Alternatively, how do I git gud at ToME?
I've beaten it on Normal Adventure with Brawler and Demonologist. And the Orc campaign with Saw Butcher.
>>
>>174155446
>How to get good at tome
become highly methodical and autismal or don't play above normal/nightmare-roguelike.

don't play adventure.
>>
>>174155114
Qaz is a big NO in pandemonium. You will basically face endless goddamn stream of tormentors/hellions/tier 1 demons. If you want extended on a formicid, you basically have to go Lugonu or Zin, or if you're really confident in your gear TSO or Makhleb. But not Qaz.
>>
>>174155446
.18 DCSS or PCB if you haven't played those, they're worth playing for the novelty alone.
>>
>>174155446
SLASH'EM Extended
>>
>>174156019
amy post fucking feet
>>
File: 20170324103013_1.jpg (469KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170324103013_1.jpg
469KB, 2560x1080px
>>174155446
Oh, I should probably have also mentioned that I enjoyed ToME the most, though I'm not very good at it.
>>
amy post feet fucking
>>
is responding without a post reference the /rlg/ trademark
>>
я нeнaвижy пocчeнгбaнд, нo мнe вcё aхyeннa ))
>>
DrTm Oka or Makleb? I feel like the heroism would be fantastic, but I feel like im missing out with the weapons gifts.

(I don't feel like going che this run, i like haste)
>>
I'd actually take Ashenzari, but Makhleb is generally good on everything and everyone
>>
half the shit I do here becomes a /rlg/ trademark
I wonder if I killed myself there'd be no /rlg/
>>
yes it is
>>
where's dicku
>>
>>174156561
Mak since draconian defenses are shitty, the damage with blade hands is godly though
Also Mak hp on kills will support you until the rng decides to gift you books with dragon/hydra/statue form
>>
I got your dicku right here
>>
>>174156631
Take it from me, even if you leave they still do all the shit you joke around about.
>>
File: SSSS.png (960KB, 953x646px) Image search: [Google]
SSSS.png
960KB, 953x646px
>>174156868
we should nuke /rlg/ one day
>>
Are we making the new thread or are we waiting until page 10?

>>174156954
Please don't nuke us, Kim.
>>
>At the end of it all
>when there were no threads left to spin
>no games left to play
>Its just anon and anon, shitposting at eachother
>no solidarity as it fades
>just shitposting until the end of time
>>
Migrate losers

>>174157387
>>174157387
>>174157387
>>174157387
>>
I'm hopping back on the yred merfolk rape train. Are profane servitors vulnerable to the life drain? I feel like I remember getting killed by my own profane servitors over something
>>
>>174155224
That's a lie, I've 15 runed with Sif before and I suck
>>
>>174156561
Go Sif so she'll give you Singulo
Worked for me
Thread posts: 766
Thread images: 114

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.