[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #488

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 233

File: 1490123890837.jpg (316KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490123890837.jpg
316KB, 1280x1280px
''Max, the girl of many names'' Edition

Previous Thread: >>173174513

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
http://lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
http://orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
http://orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
http://orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
http://orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
http://imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
http://strawpoll.me/11965358
http://strawpoll.me/12158769
http://strawpoll.me/12405766
http://strawpoll.me/12416723
http://strawpoll.me/12662425
http://strawpoll.me/12662462
>>
File: kate.png (171KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
171KB, 425x516px
>>
Why do people argue about Max's sexuality? The script makes it quite clear that she's a flaming Chloesexual.

>>173537805
Kate is too good for this cruel world. It actually starts to get comedic at times how innocent and pure she is. But I can't be mad at this game for its hammy script. It's part of the charm.
>>
File: max is 1.png (187KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
max is 1.png
187KB, 700x650px
Max is #1
>>
>>173539927
Yes she is.
>>
File: imaginationland.jpg (405KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
imaginationland.jpg
405KB, 1280x720px
>>173537762
Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget
>>
>>173539927
I actually really like Max, especially on the terms of a protagonist. She's your typical "cool loser" archetype, but fleshed enough to be interesting.

Kind and noble, but also a little bitchy. Always trying to help, but has her moments of selfishness. She's also pretty hilarious whenever the shy nerd tries to be cool or intimidating.

But every bit as important as being flawed yet likeable, she is a protagonist who has agency. Her actions drive the story, her desires create conflict, her character is the axis around which the plot turns. An all too oft failing of storytelling is that the protagonist serves as a tragically bland stand in to resolve the conflict that could be swapped out with anyone. This is not the case here. Life is Strange simply cannot happen without Maxine Caufield. Seriously, try to think about it for a second. Try imagining if like, Kate got time powers instead. It becomes a completely different story.

And that's what I love about Max, that this is her story and no one else's. That's the mark of a strong protagonist.
>>
>>173541254
Fuck off Michel
>>
File: tumblr_o3ohavrnuz1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (178KB, 1280x785px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ohavrnuz1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
178KB, 1280x785px
>>173538498
>The script makes it quite clear that she's a flaming Chloesexual.
/lisg/'s coined that term, so don't you worry!
>>
>>173539927
>>173541279
The writing that's there feels like they were trying to emulate Twin Peaks or even something like Silent Hill a little, a character that's normal but seems "off" or strange in some of their mannerisms, but rather than unsettling or horror effect it was used more for comedic and "cheesy" effect. Not executed perfectly, but done well enough that Max is at least relatively endearing and cute through her writing.

>if only they didn't rush the last episode
>>
>>173538498
Technically, you can romance Warren as well, and dialogue does change to reflect that.

Still, I think the Chloesexual way is the better way, but either way you've got two people dorky in their own ways that both have dialogue expressing how head-over-heels they are for Max depending on who you choose to romance.

Max can choose, but EVERYONE is Maxsexual.
>>
>>173543340
Wrong.
>>
>>173542927
Seriously though, some of Max's dialogue pertaining to Chloe is a little... possessive? She even calls her "my Chloe" at one point. It's not so bad though since Chloe is clearly a little thirsty as well.

Oh, I laughed hard at the "I dare you to kiss me." bit. First for how Chloe actually fucking said that, and then for how Max leaped at her when she did so. Like, she just jumped at the chance. Oh Maxine, you got it so bad.
>>
File: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (47KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg
47KB, 375x500px
As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
https://instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
https://instaud.io/kWb
>>
>>173544434
>max mentions chloe kissing her again
>chloe literally gets sidetracked right after and says she was "just daydreaming" in an embarrassed way

If Max and Chloe were any more thirsty for each other they'd fucking die from dehydration.
>>
>>173541279
If only there were more Maxs in the world
>>
>>173543340
>technically, you can romance Warren as well

No, you can't.
>>
>>173546237
You can agree to go to the movies, not kiss Chloe, kiss Warren, and there you go.
>>
>>173545315
Be the change you want to see in the world!

Get a sex change today!
>>
>>173545265
>the entirety of the pool scene
>Chloe trying not to check her out
>splashing
>all that complimentary "I need you." dialogue
>Max's longing stare
>every single player saying "Just kiss already!"
That was so gay it was making Top Gun look hetero. What's the lesbian equivalent of 'Playing with the Boys'?
>>
File: landmine.gif (3MB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
landmine.gif
3MB, 570x321px
>>173543340
>Technically, you can romance Warren as well, and dialogue does change to reflect that.
Aw shit, what are you doing anon.
>>
>>173541254
wow is this text new? never seen it before
>>
>>173546354

The homoerotic scenes in Top Gun could escalate to full dude-dude penetration and it still wouldn't be as hella gay as Max and Chloe's pool scene.
>>
>>173546303
If you read Max's diary after you accept his movie offer, she says she hopes warren doesn't make a move on her and that she sees him as a younger brother.

If you choose to kiss him, she only kisses him for "good luck" since he's (maybe) about to die in a tornado and getting in on Max was the only thing he ever wanted during the game.
>>
>>173546913

So Max is pretty much fully Chloesexual?

Good.
>>
>>173546329
How did you know I was male?

But if I could painlessly change into a Max with no effect on my (admittedly limited) relationships, I think I'd take it.
>>
>>173547052
Well yeah. There's really no denying that, since the entire plot revolves around Max fighting against the poorly defined forces of destiny in order to save her waifu. She broke time for her!
Would your significant other bend the space-time continuum over a barrel and make it squeal like a pig for your sake?
>>
>>
>>173546778
Here's the big question though:

Who's gayer? Max or Chloe? Which one them is the bigger homo?
>>
>>173522669
There's no context. It's a weird image. I was disturbed by it.

>>173524671
>>173525001
Chaos theory is all he knows.
>>
>>173548753
Chloe is more openly gay for Max through her actions and dialogue.

Max is more privately gay for Chloe in her diary and monologues.

Is the closet lesbian a bigger lesbian than the open lesbian?
>>
Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.
>>
File: scottfield cute.png (155KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
scottfield cute.png
155KB, 500x500px
Scottfield would be perfect.

>Max's caring nature and Nathan's belligerent demeanor
>Whenever Nathan is angry Max calms him down
>He protects the delicate, fragile Max who will never leave him
>Eventually they have three beautiful children together, occasionally taking them to Two Whales for lunch
>>
File: 250.png (155KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
250.png
155KB, 250x367px
>She smiles for a moment at the funeral because she's sleep deprived and traumatized
>Max falls to the ground weeping soon after
>The Prescotts hire a world class legal team to defend Jefferson and Nathan
>Jefferson gets off on a technicality and continues teaching at Blackwell because of Sean's influence
>Having determined his behavior is too extreme and will "dishonor the family", Nathan is sent to a mental institution
>His pretty boy looks and spastic behavior draw the attraction of pedophiles, rapists and the criminally insane, not to mention sadistic orderlies
>Max fails out of Blackwell and is killed when a tornado hits her cab to the small regional airport on her way home
>The waterspout destroys waterfront property and most major homes, making space for an expanded Pan Estates
>The diner can't afford to rebuild. Joyce loses her job.
>David lost his position at Blackwell when his loyalties where questioned following Chloe's murder
>He commits suicide shortly after discovering Joyce hung herself after losing Chloe
>Sean Prescott knocks over Chloe's tombstone and builds a statue of himself in its place
>Max wakes up in bed being spooned by Chloe
>Max: Wowsers. What a horrible dream.
>Chloe: What's wrong, Max?
>Max: I had a nightmare that I let you die.
>Chloe: Again?
>She holds her tighter
>Chloe: I'm sorry, honey.
>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
Chloe: I'm glad you did that too.
>>
File: -life-is-strange.jpg (207KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
-life-is-strange.jpg
207KB, 1000x1400px
Series when.
>>
>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."
>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.
>>
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>>
>>173549753
>Max: I'm glad I kept you alive and personally curb stomped each and every resident of Arcadia Bay, including your family and my friends at Blackwell, until their brains were splattered on the sidewalk.
Honestly I'm okay with this. Personally I didn't really care about anyone else besides Max and Chloe. Whether they survived or not isn't important.
>>
File: 1464078682192.jpg (120KB, 540x681px) Image search: [Google]
1464078682192.jpg
120KB, 540x681px
>>173546303
>You can agree to go to the movies
Doesn't count as a ''''''''romance''''''''' option. See pic.
Besides they never went there even if you accept his invite or not.

>not kiss Chloe
If you didn't kiss Chloe, Max will write in her diary later saying that she regret not kissing her.
While the most she says about Warren is: ''I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea''

>kiss Warren
You mean the OPTIONAL kiss that technically never happened because it was erased from all the timelines no matter which ending you picked?

The kiss was misplaced and sudden, inconsistent fanservice BS. At most justifiable as a ''world is ending, might as well see how this feels'' move to portray Max's emboldened attitude.
>>
>>173549679
>shipping Max with the guy who tried to kill her best friend

please be bait
>>
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.
>>
File: Choo Choo.png (42KB, 425x309px) Image search: [Google]
Choo Choo.png
42KB, 425x309px
>>173550612
>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!
>>
File: Scottfield.jpg (29KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
Scottfield.jpg
29KB, 500x409px
>>173550587
To be fair Chloe was the instigator and also a blackmailer.

Thinking she held all the cards and ignoring Nathan's (obvious) mental issues she cornered him the the bathroom and got shot, which also was her fault for trying to push him away.

Nathan's instant regret is clear in the bay ending.

Also if Max had been his trusted wife to be nothing of the above would have happened.
>>
>>173550013
>>173550170
>>173550612
>>173550767
Kate rationalizes away her gay panic then goes back to her bedroom and holds hands with herself until she wears herself out and falls asleep.
>>
>>173550959
>To be fair Chloe was the instigator and also a blackmailer.
>To be fair Nathan is a violent classicist douche that drugged and photographed women

To be fair, you are trolling.
>>
File: lesg gets upset.png (303KB, 1920x1290px) Image search: [Google]
lesg gets upset.png
303KB, 1920x1290px
Reminder that it's okay to cry, guys.
>>
>>173550959
To be fair you're a nigger
>>
File: 1484686403570.jpg (356KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484686403570.jpg
356KB, 1200x1200px
>>173550434
Max looked like she was kissing her cousin when she smooched Warren. It was uncomfortable to watch. Never let it happen in my play-throughs.

>>173551225
It's easy to cry when you have Max to cuddle and give you smooches.
>>
The first rays of sunshine raise you from your sleep, as your other senses are assailed by unfamiliar sounds and smells. You start to move to examine your surroundings before you remember you're not in Arcadia Bay anymore. Tree lines to skylines, sea salt to smog. "Welcome to the new normal, Max", you think to yourself, as you try to sit up only to find that you're restrained. Oh, right. Seattle smog, road noise, and your girlfriend sleeping softly on your chest. Everything's in check. It'll still take some getting used to, not having the quiet mornings in Arcadia Bay tinged with crashing waves and bird songs. But, all things considered, you're not doing too bad for yourself at the moment. The memories of the past two weeks come flooding back in a blur, like they always seem to do when you find yourself alone with your thoughts. You idly play with a lock of Chloe's hair as you think about what to do with your life now you've moved back in. Yesterday was entirely focused on moving your stuff in and surviving the opening salvo of questions from your parents. The expected teary greetings over with, you retold the events of the past week as well as you could. Leaving out the criminal activity, attempted murder, supernatural events, and the fact you nearly died, of course. The deluge only stopped when you politely yet firmly excused yourself to go to bed. It'd been a very long drive from Arcadia to Seattle, and neither you nor Chloe were very alert when you finally got to your parent's place. Which leads you to now, trying to figure out where to go from here. You'll have to find a way to finish school, and you want to try to get Chloe to go back too. She'll probably try to resist, but you know with some persuasion and liberal use of "The Doe Eyes" you can bend her to your will. And falling that, some..."incentives" come to mind as well. You file that mental note away for later. Chloe's a big softie, at least for you, and you fully intend to keep taking advantage of it.
>>
>>
File: scottfield.png (516KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
scottfield.png
516KB, 1024x637px
>>173551117
>>173551258

Chloe also brought the entire thing on herself trying to steal from Nathan, screwed up and after her miraculous escape tries to blackmail him which kills her.
>>
File: alyssa_bait.webm (149KB, 624x626px) Image search: [Google]
alyssa_bait.webm
149KB, 624x626px
>>173550959
>>
>>173549753
FYI, this isn't the Bae "epilogue". I'm considering retiring that bait.
>>
So, /lisg/, how long did it take before the cringey as fuck "kids these days" teenspeak started growing on you and became oddly charming?

Furthermore, when did it hit you that you were somehow invested in this utterly ridiculous story and were desperate to see the two leads get married and live happily ever after?
>>
Time for some bait Chloe might actually like taking.
>>
>>173552415
It was never cringy. I grew up with hella via Cartman in South Park. At the end of the first episode, I said fuck my budget and bought the entire season.

>>173552426
Her face looks more like Joyce's in that sketch...as does Max.

Also, how does she apply nail polish underwater?

>penultimate mermaid tomboy
>>
>>173551293
>Max looked like she was kissing her cousin when she smooched Warren. It was uncomfortable to watch. Never let it happen in my play-throughs.

Same, the hug felt a lot more apropriate.
Max only considered kissing Warren because she knows that he has a big crush on her and because she's a good person, the kind of one who doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings and also she was going to jump into another timeline to save Chloe, completely erasing the previous one in the process.

The moment Max saw Chloe's face she totally forgot about Warren's existence, which was kinda funny.
>>
Were Max and Warren friends in the alternate timeline?
You know, the one where she was a lot more confident and outgoing.
>>
>>173553563
Hell no.
She probably didn't even know he existed, Warren only goes after ''easy'' targets.
>>
>>173551620
Do you think Victoria or Kate farts in their sleep?
>>
>>173550959
>>173551832
>>173549679
You're worse than Warren/Max shippers.
>>
>>173552659
Nah, it was pretty cringey at first. Then it became a sort of "Really? You're really doing this?" funny. Then it became a stupid kind of charming.

I fucking lost it at a few points, like Max expressing love for Spirits Within(though I already knew about that), or at the party where Hayden explains he had just "vaped some dank OG bud". I can't hate this game, even when I probably should.
>>
File: 1450062430871.jpg (232KB, 1280x1537px) Image search: [Google]
1450062430871.jpg
232KB, 1280x1537px
>>
>>173554047
>>173553563
Victoria sent him packing. She doesn't take kindly rivals.
>>
>>173555304
>Nah, it was pretty cringey at first.
Your opinion.

>Max expressing love for Spirits Within
Never found that.

>the party where Hayden explains he had just "vaped some dank OG bud".
I know plenty of middle class/upper middle class douche's that talk like that. It's not a French meme.

>I can't hate this game, even when I probably should.

Please find me five bottles.
>>
>>173553437
>Same, the hug felt a lot more apropriate.
For certain.

>because she's a good person
Leading him on would be the opposite of a good person.

>The moment Max saw Chloe's face she totally forgot about Warren's existence, which was kinda funny.
Haha. I never thought about it outside of the narrative context, but it was definitely amusing.
>>
File: Pricefield.jpg (79KB, 802x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield.jpg
79KB, 802x516px
BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
>>173555304
The one line that made me start laughing was Zach's text.
>I'm sitting here with nothing on but my jersey and my football
Made it sound like he shoved the football up his ass and sent Vic a pic
>>
>>173534302
Just saw this. Nice, always enjoy seeing these two.
I want them to make more cute and dorks videos.
>>
>>173559704
cute and dorky*
>>
>>173558659
>Partners in Time & Crime & Love
Oh shit, I forgot about that. At the train tracks, right? I swear, every one of their romantic bonding scenes is punctuated by "Oh for fucks sake, JUST KISS ALREADY!".

>>173559129
Apparently he thought that would be enticing. Zach is not very bright.
>>
Max and Chloe have a lesbian magic baby.

What's its first word, hella or wowser?
>>
>>173560915
"Hellowser!"
>>
>>173560159
Yeah. The romantic tension was pretty damn high. Especially at the pool and the morning in Chloe's bedroom. Too bad there was no proper kiss in the game but there's decades of time for them to do that after :3

>>173561059
I like it!
>>
>>173560915
>>173561059
What will Kate and Victoria's lesbian magic baby say?
>>
>>173561403
Kate isn't lesbian, nor is Victoria.
>>
Hey, /lisg/! You still hate pairings that aren't Pricefield?!
>>
>>173559129
>Made it sound like he shoved the football up his ass and sent Vic a pic

Where else was he supposed to put it? He jersey didn't have pockets.
>>
>>173561184
>morning in Chloe's bedroom
>"I dare you to kiss me."
>Kiss Chloe
>Max hurriedly leaps forward and plants one on her without hesitation
I think Pearl just lost the title for Thirstiest Motherfucker Ever.
>>
File: 1489237353330.png (397KB, 722x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489237353330.png
397KB, 722x680px
>>173550959
>>
>>173561403
Cashmere? Or something.
>>
>>173562329
Jefferson being a retarded artsy serial killer cliche was dumb as hell, but it was worth it for that line alone.

Oh Max, honey, you're not intimidating. You're pretty scary when you're on the warpath for your waifu, but never when you actively try to be a badass.
>>
File: tumblr_o6k4l9DDXX1rzigwto1_1280.jpg (291KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6k4l9DDXX1rzigwto1_1280.jpg
291KB, 1280x1280px
>>173562038
Even if Max doesn't kiss her, she writes she didn't because she didn't want the kiss (her first) to be on a dare.
Then you see how cautious Chloe is with Max, trying to hide her flirting and advances as jokes/innocent questions.

Those two are hopelessly in love before they even full realize and try to hard to hide it until they know it will be reciprocated. You see as the game progresses how they grow to accept it more.
>>
>>173563062
I also love how they're both good and bad influences on each other. Chloe encourages Max to be more outgoing an confident, but also brings out her hidden dangerous side. Max encourages Chloe to be less of a criminal, but at the same time she becomes more aggressive and reckless with her around. Add to that their mutual possessiveness, and you've got a nice complex emotional core for the story.

Honestly, I think Max and Chloe's relationship is the best part of the game. No hyperbole. Their love story was, for me, the most consistently, unironically entertaining thing throughout. And hell, you can tell that's where the most effort went to writing wise, and what they were banking on to keep players invested. And it worked. For better or worse, it worked.
>>
>>173561403
I'm in a nightmare and I can't wake up.
>>
>>173564180
I accidentally aborted the post at first due to a finicky keyboard. HAHA.
>>
File: tumblr_o3htfdCwQJ1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (153KB, 1280x678px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3htfdCwQJ1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
153KB, 1280x678px
>>
>>173564027
I agree entirely. Their friendship felt genuine and watching it become a loving as well was extremely satisfying. They bring the best out in each other and can balance out the worst. When Max is unsure of herself, Chloe encourages her - and when Chloe is reckless, Max pulls her back a little bit (Unless Max is being threatened and Chloe is on "attack" mode). Their relationship was so well written/shown that numerous people have created numerous similar ideas for what they do after the game, you know them enough to continue their story, or your version of it.

Their relationship is the heart of the game and for many the most memorable and liked aspect. Some, including many here, liking it enough to decide long before Episode 5 that they were going to save Chloe over the town if it came to that kind of choice.
>>
>>173561493
I don't think hate is the appropriate word but /lisg/ have always been biased towards Pricefield since the beginning.
>>
>>173564346
Exactly. And this is why the ending is so hated, by me at least. Dontmind, you made something precious, a GOOD romance. That is such a rare thing, nevermind the genders and orientations, good romances just do not happen often, and yet here's one.

So you put all this effort into making this sweet, believable love story, get us invested... and then that tornado comes. Way to piss away a beautiful thing, guys.

If you really wanted to have a tragic ending, and break your playerbase's hearts by having them choose to break up this beloved power couple, you really needed to come up with a better reason than fate being a petulant child.
>>
>>173564923
Few people hated other pairings.
The only times people got hostile was when shitposters posted Grahamfield or disgusting stuff that defied the logic of the game. Or when they said stupid things like "MY Max loves ___", usually while insulting Chloe.
The game is heavily Pricefield so most people here stuck to that and liked things the characters wanted. If Max clearly wants Chloe then why defy her?
>>
>>173565371
The whole idea that it's Chloe's fate to die makes no sense in itself. Max saves other people and nothing else tries to kill them.
There is no reasonable explanation to link Max's power, or Chloe's survival to the storm. I know it's what the story suggests but it does not add up.
>>
>>173565979
It was done for dramatic effect and because they ran out of money to make anything more than the most cliche ending choice possible.
>>
>>173565440
>If Max clearly wants Chloe then why defy her?
Do not taunt happy fun time goddess.

Wouldn't it have fuckin' ruled if Max went crazy for a bit going like "It's okay Chloe, I'll fix this. I'll fix EVERYTHING~! :D"? And the time break just keeps getting worse and worse until all the color disappears and shit, and everything starts to look like rough sketches.

I just wanted more of time break shit, cause that was so fucking cool!
>>
File: ;__;.jpg (387KB, 1000x1365px) Image search: [Google]
;__;.jpg
387KB, 1000x1365px
Why does this make me tear up?
>>
File: 1459804160838.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459804160838.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>173567064
You're right. Dream on, young Max.
>>
>>173566597
Time breaking would have been cool. Either reverting to something extremely simple like the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or breaking the universe like the end of Futurama with Max and Chloe carrying on together through a frozen universe.
There was plenty of things to be inspired by and creative ideas for endings but they went with the one everyone predicted and that most said they would not like. They even took extra time to work on episode 5 and still half-assed the ending.
That's the true mistake that needs to be rewound and fixed.

>>173567064
Yup. Sometimes Max has nightmares of stuff like that and it always shakes her a bit when she wakes up. Then Chloe comforts her until she falls back asleep to hopefully have better dreams.
Sweet dreams, Maxer.
>>
>>173566861
Not gonna lie, a little disappointed that we never got to explore alternate Blackwell. I assumed we'd stick around a while to learn info we'd never be able to in the prime timeline, especially since alt-Max is a Vortex member.

But hey, it's keeping perfectly in character that our Max would faithfully run off to see her boo immediately, so I guess I can't complain too much.
>>
>>173567220
Huh, I don't remember Max wearing a dress in the game.
Is this fanart or what
>>
>''Welcome to Life is Strange - Season 1''

WHAT
I swear to God I've been playing LiS since the first episode came out but I never noticed this in the menu before.
Now I have no doubt that a sequel is actually going to happen in the future.
>>
>>173567672
She wears it to Rachel's funeral.
Max and Chloe return to Arcadia Bay a week or two after the storm to see Chloe's parents, get some stuff from Chloe's house, and to say goodbye to Rachel. Then they return to Seattle to stay with Max's parents for a bit so Joyce and David can rebuild their home and their relationship.
It benefits everyone.

>>173567665
The more I think about the alternate timeline, the more concerned I get.
Stuff like: What happened to Kate if Max wasn't there to save her? Just how much was Max doing with the Vortex Club? What would happen to William and Joyce after Chloe died? What would happen when the storm came in that timeline?

I was glad to just undo the changes and get back to the regular timeline even if there was a lot of problems there. Max didn't seem to like who she was in that timeline and I fear seeing more of it would have made her more disgusted.
>>
>>173567620
The time break stuff should've also had a slow build up all throughout episode 5. You see the occasional anomaly, then more, and then finally it goes completely batshit.

Also, what the hell was with the deer? Is it a personification of fate? Did it give Max her powers? Is it a time cop(there should've been time cops in this game)? Is it bullshit symbolism that only the writers give a flying rat's ass about?

Max and Chloe deserved better writing than this amateur hour wank.
>>
File: shine_by_eyrty-d96b6w0.png (561KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
shine_by_eyrty-d96b6w0.png
561KB, 960x540px
>>173569224
Time was starting to break but they never fully dedicated to it. Nature going crazy, Max's nosebleeds and headaches, and stuff like that.
I had a fear that when I saw the two moons it mean that the timelines were separate and merged, which meant people may be meeting their doppelgangers or people they shouldn't (Chloe seeing alt William, Max seeing her alt self Joyce seeing alt paralyzed Chloe) it creates a lot of cool, but also really sad or frightening, moments.
For that reason I like to just conclude there is only one timeline.

The doe is Rachel's spirit. It only appears in the Junkyard (disappearing when Rachel's body is found) as well as in Max's nightmare where it leads her down the school hall to the bathroom where she first saved Chloe.
It's never addressed, but I think Rachel's the reason Max has the power. She heard about Max from Chloe, like Max heard about Rachel, and Rachel knew Max was the only one who could really save Chloe and make her happy. Kind of her way of apologizing from the afterlife that she screwed up so much.
>>
File: DayeanneCatMarsh.png (90KB, 645x700px) Image search: [Google]
DayeanneCatMarsh.png
90KB, 645x700px
>>173568704
Dayeanne is a cute nerd.
>>
File: Dayeanne with cosplayers.png (737KB, 603x483px) Image search: [Google]
Dayeanne with cosplayers.png
737KB, 603x483px
>>173569857
>>
>>173569079
Everything in that alternate timeline is just kill yourself depressing. Our girlfriend is dying, we're a huge asshole, and everything is going to hell even faster than normal.

Shit, for all we know, alt-Max herself is the killer instead of Jefferson!

>>173569694
It's as good a theory as any, I suppose, since Dontmind couldn't be bothered to come up with an explanation.

Y'know, it's a bad time to be a French developer right now. Between Ubisoft's shenanigans, and Dontmind pulling the spiritual successor to Mass Effect 3... France, get it together.
>>
File: REEEEEEE.jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.jpg
36KB, 680x680px
>>173566861
>All those fics with Victoria 'comforting' Max after Chloe dies.
>>
>>173571027
They're pretty good, eh?
>>
File: victoria_taking_off_her_shirt.png (2MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
victoria_taking_off_her_shirt.png
2MB, 1280x1810px
>Everyone's cruel to tsuntoria
>>
File: victoria_giving_max_her_shirt.png (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
victoria_giving_max_her_shirt.png
1MB, 1280x1810px
>>173571374
>She just wants to provoke Max until she cant take it.
>Once Max retaliates with the back of her hand, giving Victoria the discipline she craves, Victoria will be a good girl, and shower Max in gifts
>>
>>173571531
If you're really smart, you might be able to work it out for yourself. It'll take some deft image analysis tho.
>>
>>173571374
We need more Tsuntoria.

So cute. So tsundere.
>>
File: Victoria's private tuition.jpg (258KB, 1280x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Victoria's private tuition.jpg
258KB, 1280x1205px
>Reminder that Victoria's better in the bedroom than "Cucky Price"
>>
>>173572112
The real question is if Victoria is a huge sub underneath, or as dominant as you'd expect.
>>
>>173572258
The question is answered conclusively in dandybear's fics on ao3
>>
>>173572384
Dude...
this isn't /u/
>>
File: lewd_victoria_excerpt.png (47KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
lewd_victoria_excerpt.png
47KB, 500x700px
>>173572258
>>173572489
Victoria complicated, the kind of person who'll dominate you into dominating her.
>>
Victoria and Max will never be together. Max does not like her that way, and I doubt Victoria likes Max that way.
If Victoria ever tried to do something Max did not want, Chloe would intervene and it would not be pretty.
>>
File: too_slow_chloe-chan_shes_mine.png (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
too_slow_chloe-chan_shes_mine.png
1MB, 1280x1810px
>>
When you guys will let it go?
We can revive /lisg/ when Season 2 gets announced.
>>
>>173577106
Life is Strange without Chloe and Max isn't Life is Strange. It's a story that's fundamentally about the characters, and swapping them all out in season two just leaves you with two completely separate games that have the same name. It's pointless.
>>
>>173577710
It will be hard to make a sequel without declaring one or another ending canon.
>>
>>173577710
Season 2 will be like Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
Everybody thinks it would be a disaster but after a while they'd get over it.
>>
>>173578360
Season 2 without Max and Chloe*
>>
>>173577710
Well there will be new characters. Hopefully Dontnod can create one that are interesting and likable in their own rights. I think they can...the question is if they improve their story writing ability.
They don't have to replace Max and Chloe, nor should they, the new characters will just be beside them.
Cuteposting Pricefield and whatever the new duo is.

>>173578057
Not really. They could easily make a third ending.
Kill two birds with one stone: Set up the new story from the same point, and correct the disappointment of the original endings.
>>
>>
>>173577710
I think Life is Strange has great potential as a franchise and storytelling vehicle, and disagree with the notion popular round these parts that LiS is the story of Max and Chloe and nothing more. Even the first game is a lot more than that.

To me Life is Strange is a type of story - one about ordinary lives upended by the extraordinary that keeps focus on the pathos and relationships of its ordinary human characters, and limits the supernatural to serving as a vehicle through which characters and themes are explored.

Dontnod can and should release a second season with a new cast of characters.
>>
File: Life-Is-Strange-episode-2.jpg (193KB, 801x430px) Image search: [Google]
Life-Is-Strange-episode-2.jpg
193KB, 801x430px
>really get into bowie in the past few months
>get to this song

Holy shit. This would've been the most amazing credits song, and I hope someone at Dontnod at least suggested it. Without money, though, I don't think it would've happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SjCzA71eM
>>
>>173581173
Had you not heard it before? I thought this was one of his most famous songs
>>
We post our favorite scenes from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ViHRQFja8
>>
File: tumblr_nsqr01oBoO1rax8qko1_540.png (110KB, 449x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsqr01oBoO1rax8qko1_540.png
110KB, 449x810px
>>173582920
the nathan voicemail is killer, fuck the feels man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqNIWidOno
>>
>>173582284
For whatever reason I'd never looked up much Bowie music, and somehow I'd never heard Heroes. My music tastes go way back too, so I'm not sure how Bowie slipped under my radar, honestly.
>>
>>173583293
Seconded. That, or when Chloe dares Max to kiss her.
>>
>>173579115
Sounds like a recipe for another episode 5
>>
>>173582920
That scene where Jefferson kills Chloe.
>>
>>173584476
I especially enjoyed how realistic it was that you had to almost ransack Kate's room in front of her, in order to have the information needed to save her.
>>
>>173583320
>You will never get to tickle Kate's cute little tootsie toes
>>
File: sadomasochism.jpg (190KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
sadomasochism.jpg
190KB, 600x846px
>>173585425
Some people do get to, apparently.
>>
>>173585534
Would have been so much better if the information was conveyed in the optional conversations you have with Kate.

Something's just not right about going up to a suicidal depressed person, grabbing their personally annotated bible, and checking which quotes they've crossed out or underlined. Let alone reading private mail between them and their parents. And this is after we got chewed out for snooping on Dana's pregnancy test in the previous ep.

The roof scene had really good tension, but it's puzzle design was poor.
>>
>>173581173
>bowie (or at least a parody thereof)
>timetravel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqa4G0J2faE
>>
File: tumblr_onouosOhgJ1v9d2hqo1_1280.jpg (312KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onouosOhgJ1v9d2hqo1_1280.jpg
312KB, 1280x1280px
>>173585425
some day anon
>>
>>173586335
>tfw you will never Kate with her hair down rendered with the glorious Unreal Engine 4
>>
>>173586335
never see*
>>
File: tumblr_o3uvxcSUVq1revji4o1_1280.jpg (396KB, 850x1086px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3uvxcSUVq1revji4o1_1280.jpg
396KB, 850x1086px
>>173586335
Kate and Alice are floofy!
>>
>>173582920
''Chloe! You have a visitor''

;_;
>>
Where have all these newcomers come from?

They're all painfully unaware of /lisg/'s culture.
>>
>>173585951
>>173583396
>>173581173
The songs wouldn't fit, at all.

The only acceptable rendition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6txUcVs_5s
>>
File: tumblr_nvly0zCk151uzzqmio1_540.jpg (110KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvly0zCk151uzzqmio1_540.jpg
110KB, 540x810px
>>173586878
>>173586335
floof in the morning
>>
>>
>>173585542
STOP BULLYING KATE
>>
>>173588478
>tfw you will never hug Kate
>tfw you will never tell her she's stronger than she thinks
>tfw you will never have tea with
As much as I was amused by the enormous "TOO GOOD FOR THIS CRUEL WORLD" tattoo on her forehead, I still like Kate. She is precious and must be protected.
>>
Why does lisg even exist anymore? This shit makes me feel sick
>>
>>173589564
She's enjoying it anon. Asking for it. What a tickle-slut.
>>
>>173589564
It's not bullying if there's a safe word.
>>
>>173549134
>Is the closet lesbian a bigger lesbian than the open lesbian?
When you put it like that, it seems they're about even.
>>
>>173589629
Could Kate work as the protagonist of her own game?
>>
File: 1460309815775.jpg (168KB, 1300x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1460309815775.jpg
168KB, 1300x1083px
Range day today! Hell excited.
You guys and girls have fun here and stay comfy! <3
>>
>>173589749
We talk about proper rabbit care and debate breakfast comestibles
>>
>>173592231
Doubtful. As likeable as she is, she's very much designed to fill a specific role, a macguffin to be rescued. What makes Max a good protagonist is that she has agency, and her actions and desires drive the narrative.

Kate though? You'd have to change her up a bit to make her an active presence in the story. Granted she has changed a little by the end, but you're pretty much stuck with having to go with the "starting to question her faith" angle so that she will do the questionable shit Max, and presumably our next Time Gal, does.

Kate is too much of a saint to be an effective hero of a paranormal slice of life story. Unless of course that's the point, and she slowly gets more jaded and pragmatic over time. Which I'm not sure anyone wants.
>>
>>173593459
What if she becomes jaded and pragmatic but if you get the good ending her outlook starts to shift back to optimistic?
>>
>>173593729
Going back and forth between seeing the good in life and want to see the world burn? Yeah, that might work.

>Dontmind Entertainment
>good ending
Pfffffffft!
>>
>>
File: 1429104105532.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1429104105532.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>half a dozen guys somewhere in France are drawing Season 2 concept arts RIGHT NOW
>>
What will Kate and Alice do on Good Friday?
>>
Unpopular opinion incoming.

Max and Chloe are cute. CUTE!

>>173595392
Okay, actual unpopular opinion. I kinda don't want a Season 2. Given how badly Dontmind botched the ending to Season 1, and rendered everything that happened completely pointless, I have little doubt that they'll fuck it up again.

They'll make it, but I'm not playing it. I've been burned too many times to be handing out second chances like candy. Fuck you, Dontmind.
>>
>>173596362
People can learn from their mistakes, also they have a much bigger budget now.
>>
>>173598032
Bigger budget does not mean better writing or better game design. No amount of money will fix hackery.
>>
Hi everyone!
We are gonna do another /lisg/ sings.
The song we are going to be singing is In My Mind by Amanda Palmer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixNeV7h5c4 [Embed]
This song has more lyrics than the usual LiS song so if you only want to sing a small part that's okay too.

>Okay cool how do I record myself singing?
You can use your phone or a microphone with something like Audacity. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.
Please do not include the original track with your singing. So it just has to be your voice.
You can sing along while wearing headphones or something.

>How do I submit my submission?
You can email your file to [email protected]
Please include the song name in the subject part of the email!

>What is the deadline?
Sunday April 23rd 23:59 (UTC+01:00)
>>
hi im new here can someone tell me why each chapter is called what their called
>>
>>173599581
>Chrysalis
Reference to the butterfly Max spots and also that it's the beginning of the story.

>Out of Time
Max finds herself literally out of time when her power starts to fail just as Kate is about to die.

>Chaos Theory
Max goes far back in time and creates a radically different present sue to the chaotic variables caused by her change.

>Dark Room
Max and Chloe discover the Dark Room. Pretty self-explanatory.

>Polarized
Max uses her polaroid photos to travel to different timelines. Ironically enough it's an appropriate name for the episode considering many players found it polarizing due to the perceived decline in quality.
>>
>>173600190
>sue to
*due to*
>>
>>173600190
thanks
>>
Set in 2013, yeah?

>marry me
>illegal in Oregon. for now
They must've been overjoyed on the day of overpriced pizza.
>>
>>173601526
>illegal in Oregon. for now

not anymore
>>
File: 1438077709743.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438077709743.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
I bet we'll see a Prescott in Vampyr
>>
>>173601575
Yes, that is what I was getting at.

So how do our pirates go about it? Elope or traditional style ceremony?

And now that I think of it, it's a little weird they never really explore the fact that they're queers Oregon. Like, I can't imagine too many folks in bumfuck middle of nowhere Arcadia Bay are cool with this. Maybe Dontmind could've dedicated some time to that instead of resorting to wheel spinning filler in Episode 5.
>>
>>173602554
Marriage out at sea.
>>
>>173603704
Makes sense.

Is there actually a reason for the persistent pirate motif? It keeps coming up, yet I don't think it ties into anything besides being another thing Max and Chloe do.
>>
>>173605924
probably just some childish imagination, or chloe just really likes max's pirate booty
>>
>>173606549
Or most likely both.

Also, Chloe's got proper crazy eyes in that photo. Holy shit.
>>
>>173607419
Oh shit yeah, i wonder who's birthday its supposed to be.
>>
>>
>>173592231
It's possible. Left 4 Dead has zombie characters.
>>
>Page 8

No! You're my number one priority right now.
>>
>>173612337
That line is another reason the ending is dumb. Max is noble and heroic, yes, but you cannot tell me, after all these shenanigans, that she wouldn't tell fate to shove it for Chloe's sake.

Max has her moments of selfishness, and game more or less revolves around her being dead set on keeping Chloe alive and with her. I just don't buy that she would be content with this chaos theory nonsense, and that she wouldn't keep trying. Especially after the emotionally draining alternate timeline, she should be even more protective of her beloved.

>lighthouses
Oh hardy har, CAPTCHA.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njmkPRFvJx0
>>
>>173616620
Watching that makes me realize something else that would've been an amazing ending song, and the ending seems to pay homage to something I never thought of before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y001O8Azj1U

>you met me at a very strange time in my life
>>
>>173613632
The way I see it is this:

1. Not everyone dies in the Storm ending. Yeah, it sucks some people do, but Max saves a ton of people, and a ton of people before that, and no one else is "destined to die" like Chloe is. I can understand the idea of fate needing things to occur, but you can't fucking tell me that the consequence of saving someone from death is to have a storm come and whales die. It's idiotic writing on Dontnod's part that they clearly only shoved in around the last episode, when choices didn't end up mattering. Why didn't "fate" as a personification just kill Max? Max is the one saving all these people, so clearly the better option for the Final Destination Reaper to go for is Max herself.

2. There's no guarantee that going back again would've fixed everything in the long run. Sure, budgets fucked up both endings, most notably the Chloe one as Dontnod admitted themselves, but even then, neither ending goes beyond Arcadia Bay. What if all these storms and shit continue? What if it's Max who was destined to die? What if in that bathroom when she emerges Nathan shot her in panic and she died there? Maybe that's what happened.

In the end, both endings are terrible because of, of course, budget cuts and rushed production, but also because they offer even less choice than something like Mass Effect 3's endings. At least you had more than two options there and saw clear ramifications of those options, shitty as they were and badly-written as they were. Dontnod's endings are infinitely worse, and shame on them for that, but I do get it. They just didn't have any money.
>>
>>173622220
That budget excuse has always sounded like bullshit. Dontnod, you're being published by Square Enix, and you're bitching about money? You're seriously trying to tell me the company that blows cash on overblown pre-rendered wank won't spot you some extra to actually finish the game? And either way, lack of funds is no excuse for poor writing.

The time break shit was cool, but it probably could've been removed in place of actually explaining what's going on.

Like at the very least give me some shit about Chloe also being an anomaly like Max. Or maybe it was that deer doing all this shit. Anything.
>>
>even LiS (a singleplayer game that came out 2 years ago that barely has any replay value) has more players than Battleborn on steam

kek
>>
>>173626636
Is Battleborn really that forgettable? Cause I think people only remember it as that game that was kinda but not really Overwatch's main competitor for like five minutes.

Also, Max totally mains Tracer, yes?
>>
>>173627978
>Also, Max totally mains Tracer, yes?

That's likely.
They both have a lot in common.
>>
>>173627978
Gearbox has has a really bad year. Battleborn crashed and burned, then the whole G2A thing now...

There's less Max/Tracer crossover art than i expected to be honest.
>>
>>173628820
Gearbox may have fucked itself irreparably with Aliens: Colonial Marines. These new flops are just part of the fallout.

I feel like Max at least would cosplay, and Chloe would do it because it makes her girl happy. They'd do a nice Tracer/Widowmaker pair.

Also, it's kinda jarring to realize Overwatch is a 2016 release. I'm so used to seeing it everywhere, but it's only been a year.
>>
>>173626636
Shit, you weren't joking.

http://steamcharts.com/app/394230
http://steamcharts.com/app/319630
>>
File: amelior.png (422KB, 648x748px) Image search: [Google]
amelior.png
422KB, 648x748px
>>
>>173632817
Why are they so perfect?
>>
>64 posters
>Not even 200 replies

We're almost as alive as Chloe, and that's very alive
>>
>>173633994
I guess someone is resetting the router every now and then to bring more IPs here.
>>
>>173598607
>No amount of money will fix hackery.
No, but they had enough money to create more than two endings for Vampyr. They could've used the cash to fix lip synching issues--or blatant lack of lip movement--and explore more of the sub-plots.
>>
>>173626636
Wow I always wanted to play yet another shooter
>>
>>173634835
>explore more of the sub-plots.
You mean like all the times I had to save human Lumpy Space Princess from slapstick? Or getting in with the Vortex Club? Or the Prescotts and Pan Estates? Or anything, really? Yeah, would've been nice if any of that went somewhere.
>>
File: tumblr_nyc2im59lg1tfehzlo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 847x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyc2im59lg1tfehzlo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 847x1500px
>>173633231
Because they are for each other.
>>
File: tumblr_nuvl1mDHUn1urxu9fo1_1280.jpg (275KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuvl1mDHUn1urxu9fo1_1280.jpg
275KB, 1024x1024px
>>
>>173641618
>HOMO
I am a little curious now if there are gay couples who jokingly refer to each other with homophobic slurs. Like, I don't know, something like "Come here and kiss me, you dirty queer.", or "You're such a cute little faggot.".
>>
File: tumblr_nn9wn10SZU1utqsb1o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn9wn10SZU1utqsb1o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x846px
>>173641618
Flower crowns!
(Hope they don't attract bees or anything!)

>>173643890
I've never heard that. Just joking stuff like "We are so gay."
I could see Chloe making some jokes like that, maybe Max. Though they don't focus on or make a big deal that they're two girls. They're just in love and that's all that matters.
Anyone questioning them doesn't know them.
>>
File: das a cute Maxx.png (246KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
das a cute Maxx.png
246KB, 500x500px
>>173585769
>but it's puzzle design was poor
Does LiS have puzzles?

I would think of a puzzle as a problem solving exorcise. One where you have all the information available to solve the problem, and the challenge is in your own ability to put the pieces together. In LiS the challenge comes from remembering information you may have gathered earlier while exploring (as with Kate), and the time investment of finding several arbitrary items (breaking into Well's office). So the only way to really fail a """puzzle""" is to either not be searching the environment throughly enough, or just having poor short term memory. So I'm not sure LiS has any puzzles i m o.

>>173643890
Anecdotally I know several gay couples who refer to each other as a faggots, or even use the world gay as a disparaging term. Words have the power we give them I suppose.
>>
>>173643890
No. They'd never do that. The same way black people would never call each other derogatory names.

>>173645698
>So I'm not sure LiS has any puzzles i m o.
Bottles, man. Bottles.

Also, I bought a DVD of Brick for $3 last weekend. I'm looking forward to the commentary.
>>
>>173644672
>Though they don't focus on or make a big deal that they're two girls.
Admittedly, that may be part of the reason the pairing gained such a diehard fan base. Usually with queer romance, it's expected that the gay element will be openly talked about to some degree, but here it's a very matter-of-fact scenario of two people in love. This of course allows viewers to coo over them without having to acknowledge sociopolitical issues.

I'm not disparaging that, even though I would've liked to see at least a little bit of our power couple having to deal with that particular challenge, I'm just making an observation.

Oh, I also find it kind of amusing that the art gallery is in San Francisco. Just saying.
>>
File: tumblr_o28ccj2yx41sj5rhfo1_1280.jpg (361KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o28ccj2yx41sj5rhfo1_1280.jpg
361KB, 778x1100px
Lapnaps.
>>
>>173646358
The bottles are more busywork than a puzzle.
>>
I'm gonna shit on Michel's car if he brings back the bottles in Season 2.
>>
The investigation board in Episode 4 was a proper puzzle. Maybe the dialogue puzzles in Episode 3.
>>
Can we address a bit of an elephant in the room for a second? From a pure technical level, Life is Strange isn't a very good video game. I mean, yeah, it's an adventure game, so it already has that going against it, but still. The rewind tends to refuse commands, there are only a few real puzzles, the rewind can sometimes catastrophically glitch out which forces you to reset, it's a bit of a mess. The whole thing really does live or die by its story, which makes one wonder(and as a gamer, I hate thinking this) why this wasn't just a CG film serial kind of thing. There's not much reason for this to be a game, especially considering the players choices ultimately mean nothing.

>>173649463
I actually really liked the investigation board, even if if may have dragged a little. It was nice to actually have to complete an actual challenge of some sort.
>>
What's this about Maxaroni n' Cheese not being able to dance?
>>
>>173650492
I think that opinion is shallow. It is a proper video game and could have not just as well been a film. It is a fundamentally different experience.
>>
>>173650492
A CG film would take a lot away from the setting. We learn a lot of extra details by examining the environment and talking to other people around the town. They may not be vital to the story but they add a lot of character to Arcadia Bay.
>>
File: fun_for_the_whole_family.jpg (27KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
fun_for_the_whole_family.jpg
27KB, 500x404px
>>173645698
There was a deductive element involved in as much as you were given information that Kate had received a nasty letter from her mother, and you had to consider how Kate would react to that and deduce that you shouldn't bring up her mother. It didn't actually say "don't bring up her mother, dude". Contrast and compare Dana literally telling Max to go into Victoria's room and retrieve proof half-way through episode 1.
>>
File: Das a vute Chlo.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Das a vute Chlo.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>173646358
Indeed, I'm unsure whether or not to criticize the collection of bottles as a poor navigational puzzle, or as particularly contrived way of halting plot progress. Both, probably.

Congratulations on your recent purchase of Brick. One of my all time favorites. Certainly gets a recommendation from me to any LiS lovers.

"It's duck soup"

>>173649463
>The investigation board in Episode 4 was a proper puzzle
Not to me personally. But if it is, it's not a good one. For starters, not all of the information is available to you to solve the """""puzzle""""". If you hadn't played any previous episodes you would need to be pretty lucky to "solve" it on your own. If you had played the previous episodes then it basically amounts to the player making a sideshow of previous events. It only asks the audience to prove they have a basic understanding of the plot so far, it doesn't test reasoning or deductive skills. To me a puzzle has give me all the tools I need to solve a problem, otherwise I may as well just be playing bar trivia. Like,
"What is a PUK code, and how many times can you enter Nathan's phone pin incorrectly before it becomes useful?"

As a personal nitpick. I think that puzzle solutions should be quick to implement once players have worked it out. Even if you know the solution, the """"""""""puzzles"""""""""" in LiS take forever to play out (I'm looking at you "convince Chloe you have powers by demonstrating premonition 15 times in a row").

>>173650492
>From a pure technical level, Life is Strange isn't a very good video game.
On the contrary, you are the only person I've ever seen complaining about technical issues. I would say that mechanically LiS isn't a very good game. The question of player agency is a interesting one, but consider that perhaps that the illusion of choice is almost just as powerful as the notion of choice itself. Even if it's just an illusion, you can not say for certain that the illusion is without meaning.
>>
>>173646649
I liked that they never really brought up the fact it was gay.
Chloe hinted about her sexuality and was clearly into other girls. She probably realized she loved Max after she had left and that confused her until she met Rachel, who helped her realize "Oh I'm a lesbian. That explains things."
Max was in love with Chloe but never questioned it because they were always so close. She didn't stress out about it, she just let things be how she wanted.
The whole "gay panic" thing was never needed because they were already comfortable with each other. It was refreshing to see a relationship like that that felt genuine and didn't drive home some point to show how progressive the devs were.
>>
The series and sequel will make Chloe's death and Max marrying Warren canon.
As it should be because the majority chose those actions.
>>
File: bait_ur_selfie.jpg (73KB, 624x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait_ur_selfie.jpg
73KB, 624x626px
>>173655937
>>
File: CookieMonster2.jpg (367KB, 1172x879px) Image search: [Google]
CookieMonster2.jpg
367KB, 1172x879px
>>
File: Resident Evil puzzle.jpg (33KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil puzzle.jpg
33KB, 600x482px
>>173654203
But does the inclusion of any degree of deductive reasoning really make something a puzzle? I would ague it does not. You aren't "given" information about Kate's mother, you "find" information about Kate's mother. So if you aren't feeling particularly snoopy that day, or the item mapping was off you wouldn't have that information. If you do have the information then there's no deductive reasoning to be done. Unless for some reason you wanted Kate to jump you wouldn't bring up her mother. It's really no different than saying "Don't bring up her mother if you don't want her to jump." Merely having the information solves that part of the puzzle, not interpreting the information. You could argue that collecting stuff is the puzzle, but you'd have to count stuff like Banjo Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot as a puzzle games too, so be careful with that.

There's also the issue that the game doesn't technically count Kate's death as a fail state. So if the puzzle disappears afterwards, no matter what yo do, did you really pass or fail? I'm not too sure about that one. I guess it has to do with what the player interprets as a "favorable outcome".
>>
File: Dq5JOxP_W6A.jpg (58KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
Dq5JOxP_W6A.jpg
58KB, 600x572px
>>
>>173657030
I'm personally puzzled why you'd open with this:
>But does the inclusion of any degree of deductive reasoning really make something a puzzle? I would ague it does not.

Given you immediately go on to make the entirely different argument that no deduction is done.
>If you do have the information then there's no deductive reasoning to be done

I will address the latter argument first. It's simply wrong. You aren't told specifically that " Kate will kill herself you mention her Mother". Once you read the letter, you have to work out that its content upset Kate, therefore she is likely to be upset with the sender, and therefore not going to be conducive to having her Mother brought up in future. Clearly reasoning is involved. It might be that all that seems exceptionally easy and obvious, but that makes it an easy puzzle, not a non-puzzle.

On the first point, your own definition of puzzle (clearly not the only definition, nor a dictionary definition, but more on that later) is
>a problem solving exorcise. One where you have all the information available to solve the problem, and the challenge is in your own ability to put the pieces together.
This challenge you speak of seems little more than the application of some form of reasoning. Ergo any task presented to the player that requires reasoning would fulfil that portion of your criteria.

The other criteria, that you have all the needed information, would seem to void a fair number of "classic adventure game puzzles" from actually being puzzles (since a needed item may or may not be found and collected, or information stated previously that may be forgotten), and also a variety of common turns of phrase including "crossword puzzle" (since a crossword requires a sufficient vocabulary to solve which is not supplied). Nor does being guaranteed all needed information seem to appear in dictionary definitions of puzzle, I would therefore argue that your very choice of definition is highly questionable.
>>
>>173657030
>There's also the issue that the game doesn't technically count Kate's death as a fail state.

Don't confuse individual "puzzle" or "mission" fail states with a game-wide fail state. It is hardly unprecedented for the failure of a single task in a game not to bring about complete failure of the game.
>>
>>173660319
Max focusing on the important things
>>
>>173657030
>Max faces a binary choice: awake her tempermental beau or the couch
>Bitch takes the couch
>Eat shit and die, motherfucking couch.
>>
>>173661848
Nah, she could easily wiggle her way into the bed.
Chloe feels her and without waking up cuddles up to her. Sometimes you gotta take risks.
>>
File: tumblr_nutyvqH8xF1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg (261KB, 1128x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nutyvqH8xF1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg
261KB, 1128x1920px
>>
File: winter.png (609KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
winter.png
609KB, 700x630px
>>173660825
>I'm personally puzzled
It was to acknowledge that what constitutes "deductive reasoning" is rather iffy. The thought process you describe the player going through isn't something I think warrants the term. I drew those conclusions the second I processed the information. I was never made to ponder the information or to think in an abstract way. Inhaling and exhaling isn't a puzzle to me.

>Ergo any task presented to the player that requires reasoning would fulfill that portion of your criteria.
Reasoning entirely dependent on the information provided. The Uncharted games give you the answer to the """"""""""""puzzles"""""""""""" in Nathan's Journal. There is """deductive reasoning""" involved in taking out the journal and looking at the answer, but to such a negligible degree that I no longer feel that Uncharted has puzzles. Classic adventure games were plagued by non-puzzles, the whole "there was a bridge across that gap the whole time you just couldn't see it because of the perceptive" trick wasn't funny the first time. Video game's were the wild west back then, it's no surprise that "arbitrary bullshit" was confused with "puzzles". As for crosswords my definition describes them perfectly, just because you can't solve a puzzle doesn't make it a bad one, on the contrary. Most good puzzles will make you seek out more knowledge. I can often fill out a crossword if I rack my brain a little, I can't think myself into snooping around Kate's room better two hours ago. If you feel as though you have a better definition of what defines a puzzle I'd like to hear it.

>>173661093
My point was that a player could intentionally try to make Kate jump off the roof. If they viewed that as a "favorable result" (for example they wanted to see how the story changed) in that case you couldn't really say they failed the puzzle, they just failed to save Kate. If the game views both outcomes as valid then it's difficult to say if you can "fail" the """""puzzle""""".
>>
Season 2 soonish. We've already gone through most of the wait, hopefully.
>>
>>173667661
It's not gonna happen until they release Vampyr first.
I'm my opinion the S2 announcement is gonna happen in early/mid 2018 or maybe very late 2017, like December or November.
>>
>>173665948
fucking dyke
>>
>>173668494
Calm down, Nathan
>>
File: Babby Alice.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Babby Alice.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>
>>173672269
smoll bonny
>>
File: tumblr_o94shkkYrU1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o94shkkYrU1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>
So uh...
Who here is looking forward to play Vampyr?
>>
>>173674365
I am. I loved Vampire the Masquerade, and while I know Vampyr will never be as good, I hope it scratches that itch at least.
>>
>>173674365
I am. It looks genuinely interesting.
>>
>>173674365
VTMB is one of my favorite PC games of all time, I might as well give it a try.
The inevitable LiS references will also serve as an incentive to play this game.
>>
Vampyr is gonna flop so hard
>>
https://hannahtelle.bandcamp.com/album/hollow-glow-full-album

>TFW max's voice actress makes an album of LiS sounding music

This is a dream, she should do a song with chloe's VA
>>
>>173674365
it interests me
>>
File: 1491770269638.jpg (213KB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
1491770269638.jpg
213KB, 2048x1361px
>>
>>
Who /KatexRachel/ here?
>>
File: tumblr_oazs2mU0rW1s0uhrqo3_1280.png (846KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oazs2mU0rW1s0uhrqo3_1280.png
846KB, 1000x800px
>>173684039
>>
File: 1476390749917.jpg (449KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476390749917.jpg
449KB, 1200x1200px
>>173684252
CUTE
U
T
E

>>173684039
I'm RachelxEveryone, desu
>>
File: 1468349263563.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468349263563.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
Do you think Max and Chloe would settle in Seattle? Is it a nice place to live, or would they pine for Arcadia Bay in the end?

(All I know is Seattle has hipsters and traffic problems)
>>
>>173684897
Seattle. It's made fairly clear the both of them want out of Arcadia Bay, because let's face it, this town is a heap. I'm so glad I've never lived in a small town, cause that seems like a special kind of hell.

Speaking of settling though, what would Chloe do for a living? Max obviously would pursue her photography career, but Chloe got expelled, so I guess she'd just have various day jobs?
>>
>>173687402
She could also return to education. She does in the San Francisco iteration of the timeline.
>>
>>173687641
What was her field of interest? Blackwell is an art school, so what arts does Chloe do?
>>
This thread has more posting IPs than images. Is this a first?
>>
>>173687845
It's renown for its art program, specifically photography, but it is not an art school; it offers a bunch of programs, including sports, music and sciences. There's only a handful students from Max's grade in Jefferson's class, after all.

But they are presumably required to take an art class. I think Chloe's would be painting or something with music. But her primary academic field of interest would be natural sciences, maths.
>>
>>173688530
Oh. Sorry, Blackwell is a bit of clusterfuck, so I got confused.

>natural science, maths
Hm. So, why isn't there at least one scene of Chloe doing SCIENCE!!!? Because I want to see her rocking a lab coat and fucking around with beakers while everyone else takes cover behind a table.
>>
>>173689117
It's indeed easy to get confused with Blackwell.

Well, Chloe does have science mags lying around in her room, and later books, researching physics of time for Max. She also alludes to being interested in maths and physics.

But maybe Max should have asked Chloe how to build the bomb in Episode 3, not Warren "things blow up in my face" Graham. I'm not sure where else there could have been opportunity for Chloe to do science though. But lab coat crazy scientist Chloe is a great image. She was so excited when they did blow up the door - that's how I'd like to imagine her in the lab as well. Explosions and hellas.
>>
File: tumblr_oi8ryzgsLx1vy1pzho1_1280.jpg (163KB, 511x784px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi8ryzgsLx1vy1pzho1_1280.jpg
163KB, 511x784px
>>173687921
I think the new anon is using an IP switch? For whatever reason.
>>
>77 IPs

No way we have that many posters now.
>>
File: tumblr_om2k8sTAji1uhkgg0o2_1280.jpg (138KB, 767x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om2k8sTAji1uhkgg0o2_1280.jpg
138KB, 767x1280px
>>
>>173690309
Maybe a major service provider refreshed their customer IPs which ended up creating several new IPs. Everyone's public IP changes from time to time.
>>
>>173689550
I feel like the bomb building part was given to Warren because they realized he's ultimately kinda pointless, so they wanted to give him SOME use.

Seriously, dude knows how to build a pipe bomb, but a simple parlor trick eludes him? Nah.
>>
Max is cute and I want to hug her!
>>
Chloe is cute and I want to hug her!
>>
>>173691937
>>173692274
just fuck already you two
>>
File: sketch.png (711KB, 878x1313px) Image search: [Google]
sketch.png
711KB, 878x1313px
>>173691937
>>173692274
Do it!
>>
Are they gonna hire new VAs for Season 2?
>>
>>173691937
>>173692274
I love both, but Max is cuter. Especially when she's angry.
>You're gonna die, motherFUCKER.
>>
>>173693281
Well it'll be new characters, so presumably, yes.
>>
>Michel is using the Pricefield avatar again on his twitter profile

they are gonna bring back the lesbians again aren't they
>>
>>173693281
I hope.
I hate Ashly's voice.
>>
File: hahano.png (44KB, 636x290px) Image search: [Google]
hahano.png
44KB, 636x290px
>>173694603
haha no
>>
>>173695216
I was told that my choices would matter so I don't trust 100% them.
>>
>>173681979
Very nice. Really like how blue Chloe's eyes are.
Good work with the tripod, Max. Can't even see ya holding the remote.
>>
>>173695506
True. Nothing Dontnod says is irrevocable fact.
>>
File: tumblr_o0kbr2kXQS1v050zyo6_1280.jpg (385KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0kbr2kXQS1v050zyo6_1280.jpg
385KB, 768x768px
>>
Max is a bad person
>>
>>173698953
I would pay for DLC of Max and Chloe married and just going about their lives. Just a bunch of mundane domestic shit, I don't care.

THEY DESERVE TO BE HAPPY TOGETHER, DAMMIT!
>>
Max is a hella great person!
>>
File: paris_trip_by_ceilil-d9unocn.jpg (93KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
paris_trip_by_ceilil-d9unocn.jpg
93KB, 900x643px
>>173699856
I would pay for that too.
But do know that they are happy and very much in love with each other. We just don't get to directly follow their actions anymore.We helped them when they needed it most. Noe they have each other, their family, and their friends.

We can just watch, from afar, and be happy for them. Knowing we gave them that little extra push.
>>
File: tumblr_nszlgzTVlA1u3jkfwo1_1280.png (332KB, 500x760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nszlgzTVlA1u3jkfwo1_1280.png
332KB, 500x760px
>>
>>173699710
>There are actually idiots that think this
Makes me wonder who would be "good" in the minds of those people
>>
File: tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png (58KB, 513x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png
58KB, 513x501px
>>
>>173701642
Seriously. She's no saint, granted, but she is trying her damndest. Her first instinct upon seeing someone get murdered in cold blood is to immediately bend space-time over a table to prevent the tragedy. And do recall that she didn't even realize that was Chloe at first, so this was an act of pure altruism.

Gotta love how the lesson here is that if you have the power to help people, don't, because made up chaos theory bullshit will force you to let them die.
>>
File: 1460983545790.jpg (38KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1460983545790.jpg
38KB, 750x750px
>>
File: tumblr_nsz4jhLzip1su3i2co1_540.jpg (115KB, 540x725px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsz4jhLzip1su3i2co1_540.jpg
115KB, 540x725px
this thread needs more kate
>>
File: 1486926201256.png (732KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486926201256.png
732KB, 1280x1280px
>>173703003
I think it's more "even supernatural powers won't let you avoid consequences or make things perfect."
>>
>>173706130
And that would be all well and good, but the way it's written is sloppy and forced. We've discussed to death how that tornado is the biggest fucking plot hole ever, and that Dontmind is a bunch of hacks.

And hell, speaking of Kate, you can save her, twice technically, and that doesn't cause an apocalypse. Apparently the universe just straight up has it out for Chloe Price.

If season 2 does feature Max, she's going to be the bitterest, uncaring motherfucker ever, since she has now seen first hand that trying to help people only ever leads to disaster. Hell, it might even be pretty funny if she were the villain this time around. Why the hell not? Dontmind already went full retard, may as well go ham with it.
>>
File: 1489387242867.png (1MB, 627x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1489387242867.png
1MB, 627x1160px
>>173706130
>And that would be all well and good, but the way it's written is sloppy and forced. We've discussed to death how that tornado is the biggest fucking plot hole ever, and that Dontmind is a bunch of hacks.
The quality of the writing doesn't affect the themes and messages that it's trying to convey. Yes, the endings were done poorly, but that doesn't mean we can ignore the themes themselves.

Saving Chloe was special, because it was the initial act of subverting nature. It's not that saving people in particular causes a storm, it's that changing a timeline in any way summons THE storm. So your choices are: accept your choices as they initially were, with no supernatural "cheating"; or cheat, and accept the supernatural consequences of your new choices.
>>
>>173707440
>>173706839
If it was saving chloe that fucks the timeline, in that timeline where you let chloe die (the unaltered timeline), kate doesn't attempt suicide. So kate's suicide attempt is a result of fucking with the timelines, and so i guess it doesn't affect anything if you mess with the already altered timeline by using max's powers to save kate.
>>
>>173707440
You can take your themes and shove them directly up your ass. I hate when people use "Oh, but it was thematic!" to justify complete bullshit. I indulge in stories for characters and story, not for some boring abstract faux-poetry the writers want to shove down my throat. Themes are unimportant as far as I'm concern, exactly because of shit like this, because writers will more often than not bend over backwards to make the events of a story fit their theme, even when it doesn't make any fucking sense.

Next time I do a play through, Kate can go splat for all I fucking care. Fits with the theme of "Helping people is bad, because reasons.".
>>
>>173689550
She would blow herself up and die in a horrific chemical fire if Nathan hadn't shot her. What a beautiful use of imagination. haha :)
>>
>>173687402
She won't find much work outside of restaurants without a high school degree. Unless she rights her course, she'll turn into a fat ab-less drain on Max.
>>
>>173687402
I live in a village miles from any towns. It has an appeal. It's also horrible. Think Arcadia Bay/10.
>>
File: A cat named Lina.jpg (104KB, 680x960px) Image search: [Google]
A cat named Lina.jpg
104KB, 680x960px
>>173708157
>I indulge in stories for characters and story,
You indulge in stories for story? The madman. I indulge in games for cupcakes personally.

>because writers will more often than not bend over backwards to make the events of a story fit their theme, even when it doesn't make any fucking sense.
But you're fine with Max's rewind in general? Like, the fact that she can essentially teleport, or that the earth can stop rotating around her feet while still rotating around the sun? Because the rewind in general is merely a thematic crutch and plot convenience.
>>
How many people did Kate have to make out with to set the tongue record?
>>
>>173711079
Fuck you, there's a very real difference between fudging physics a little to make superpowers work, and breaking your narrative for the sake of jerking off to your own pretentious metatextual rambling.

It's consistent that the rewind doesn't affect Max herself or the items she has on her person. What's not consistent is the out of nowhere destiny shit that only exists to force a sad ending.
>>
>>
>>173712815
Stop, you exploitative cunt.
>>
File: tumblr_o11rl9dr211qi90n1o1_1280.jpg (193KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o11rl9dr211qi90n1o1_1280.jpg
193KB, 1280x904px
>>
File: let me know the truth.png (162KB, 1172x1044px) Image search: [Google]
let me know the truth.png
162KB, 1172x1044px
>>173712940
>fudging physics a little
The earth spinning while not moving isn't "fudging physics a little". It's outright disdain for the concept. You also can't "break" a narrative. A plot perhaps, but not a narrative. Artists have no obligation to stay within the realms of logic, or even deliver a satisfying conclusion. Be upset about it all you want, but "broken" is not synonymous with "I didn't like it".

>It's consistent that the rewind doesn't affect Max herself or the items she has on her person
So if the story was consistently bad it would be fine? I see.

>What's not consistent is the out of nowhere destiny shit that only exists to force a sad ending.
I don't know Anon... sounds to me like you were fine with themes>logic right up until you couldn't handle the feels. Is that what happened Anon? You can tell me.
>>
>>173715974
>Artists have no obligation to stay within the realms of logic, or even deliver a satisfying conclusion.
You're a special kind of retarded.

And for the record, I have nothing against a tragic ending. The issue is that this tragic ending makes no sense whatsoever. There is no explanation for why Max saving Chloe creates the tornado other than "Because the writer said so.". The fact you are defending this hackery is frankly disgusting. Get some fucking standards.
>>
Why doesn't Warryn ever get the hint?
>>
>>173720467
Because Warren x Max is possible canon.
>>
>>173721291
In the same way that Max running into a wall for 5 hours is possible canon. You can do it within the confines of the game, but it's a terrible idea.
>>
File: 1476433353877.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476433353877.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Lisg is quiet today.
>>
>>173722693
maybe it would be more active if every thread didn't devolve into an argument about the ending
>>
>>173723107
Everyone here is a tedious, unimaginative stuck record.
>>
File: tumblr_ntfa7iNJwq1qgwf7no1_540.png (170KB, 540x460px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntfa7iNJwq1qgwf7no1_540.png
170KB, 540x460px
>>173723172
what ever happened to the people who didn't just shit on story faults and came up with theories around them

everyone seems so hostile, i just want to post qt kates
>>
>>173723107
There's not really much else to talk about, honestly.

I mean, unless you'd like to discuss just what in the actual fuck is Victoria's problem. Seriously, is she a literal sociopath or something?
>>
>>173723591
after helping bully kate to near suicide, the same night uses the incident to gain some points with jefferson. yeah she apologizes and stuff in the post card, but its too little too late.

the kate x victoria ship makes less sense than the warren x max ship yet people seem totally fine with it
>>
File: f6391240333247.577c941368929.jpg (918KB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
f6391240333247.577c941368929.jpg
918KB, 1240x1753px
>>
>>173721291
is possible headcanon*
>>
>>173699710
Max is a murderer
but only in the Bae ending
>>
Max did nothing wrong.
>>
>>173728762
No she didn't.
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
*blocks your path*
>>
File: tumblr_nt6tglj9v81stwhhxo2_500.gif (2MB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt6tglj9v81stwhhxo2_500.gif
2MB, 500x313px
>>173730971
you can't stop her anon
>>
>>173731373
me on the right
>>
I want to _____ with Max
>>
>>173733603
have tea
>>
>>173731802
eat shit and die
>>
>>173733603
be with
>>
>>173730971
VAMPYR IS GONNA BE SHIT
S H I T
>>
>>173735012
don't bully based Jefferson
he did nothing wrong
>>
File: tumblr_o4pr9jSvBL1v9u8f8o1_1280.png (130KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4pr9jSvBL1v9u8f8o1_1280.png
130KB, 600x750px
>>173723463
>i just want to post qt kates
Here you go anon.
>>
>>173736393
you'll have to try harder than that, i have an autistic number of kates
>>
>>173735253
But what if it isn't?
>>
File: 434135478.png (160KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
434135478.png
160KB, 490x750px
>>173736809
How about this one?
>>
Would Alice make a blood sacrifice against people who bully Kate?
>>
>>173740683
Maybe if it were Michel. Otherwise she'd just play a prank on them to teach them a lesson.
>>
>>173741970
What about Jefferson?
>>
When is season 2?
>>
>>173743530
A delightfully mean prank that lands him in jail.
>>
>>173723986
>the kate x victoria ship makes less sense than the warren x max ship yet people seem totally fine with it

I agree mainly because Victoria actively bullied Kate and the latter showed no signs of lesbianism. Although Victoria shows some signs of contrition, she still acts like a bitch to Max. Her dedicating the victory to Marsh reminded me of a Caulfield line: so much hypocrite.

>>173718198
>There is no explanation for why Max saving Chloe creates the tornado other than "Because the writer said so.".

Other than time flowing in a linear path and deviations causing unforeseen and possibly terrible effects due to Western loyalty to rationalism and its fatalistic implications propogated by a group to old Greeks whose philosophies formed the basis for the misogynistic and xenophobic illiberal democracy that inspired America's misogynistic and xenophobic illiberal democracy, no. Nothing other than the writer being a dick and sticking to time travel story conventions.

>>173715974
>Be upset about it all you want, but "broken" is not synonymous with "I didn't like it".

Accurate. Chloe died multiple times and suffered a horrific injury. The game was saying that without Max's intervention she would die. DONTnod referenced other time travel fiction within the game. That's evidence that they had something like this in mind the entire time.

The most worthy critiques are that they didn't explain Max's powers, the origin of the tornado and the rushed, unoriginal ending. The main reason I felt compelled to rant about the illogic about the ending at first was because I was upset that I had to sacrifice Chloe.

The loose plot lines were an annoyance too, but relying on other narratives to explain the finale, excluding Warren's exposition at the end, was poor writing.

>>173723591
There's plenty to discuss, but most of the general ignores it.
>>
>>173744129
2k18
>>
>>173601714
Vampyr: Past.
Life is Strange: Present.
Remember Me: Future.
>>
>>173744281
DELETE THIS
>>
>>173736393
>>173736809
>>173738749
>>173723986
>>173723463
Stop this idolatry. I know that I'm a gleaming example of Christ's word in human form, but you should be out preaching the gospel and protesting at soldier's funerals instead of singing my praises. Stop this futile waste of the time He gave you on his blessed earth. I will not stand for being a gold calf, let alone in a thread dedicated to the hedonistic urges of lesbionic sluttery.
>>
>>173744281
She found Chloe's condoms.

>>173744590
*REWIND THIS

>Imagine Max "cumming" out of a photojump flashforward to this.

How would she react?
>>
>>173744281
this image is fake
warryn has a micropenis
>>
File: 1484620292269.png (2MB, 1803x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1484620292269.png
2MB, 1803x1057px
>>173745046
You couldn't be further from the truth. See below.

Chloe wanted Max to be with Warren the entire time.

She took her up to the lighthouse for the final scene because she wanted Max to sacrifice her for Warren's cock, as represented by the phallic edifice. Throughout the game, Max keeps returning to the lighthouse. In her first vision, she's led by the spiritual doe, which guides her throughout her visions. The doe saves her and, in doing so, leads her to the ivory tower, which represents both Warren's scientific knowledge and his cock.

Pricefield is not canon. Chloe knows that Max deserves a man that is loving and devoted, not the type who forgets about her for five years. Someone with a cock.

Max is drawn to the massive white pillar of thickness. Its virileness, like Warren when he hulks up, is irrestible. Whenever a vision comes upon her, she trembles with fear until she's at the lighthouse. Afterwards, she finds herself on the ground or passed out and gasping for breath after merely standing in the presence of the storm breaking structure of sheer magnitude. As she would after riding Warren's cock.

Chloe knows it's true. After their encounter with David, she ferries Max to the physical representation of Warren's mighty white shaft. When she and Max plan to search Blackwell, Chloe texts in the shadow of the monstrous veiny white tower. She knows what Max desires and knows that her nostalgia and sentimentality will prevent her from enjoying the pleasure of Warren's meaty fuckstick, a gleaming white polished hulk of man meat hidden in the folds of his baggy jeans. That is why Chloe beseeches her to sacrifice her in sight of the monstrous pillar of ivory white flesh that is Graham's lighthouse dick.

That is why he cannot exercise. The sheer size of his endowment makes running and jumping physically impossible.

Warren tells her the truth. And the truth is Max needs his cock.

>pic related
JK. Pricefield forever.
>>
>>173745892
>the ivory tower, which represents both Warren's scientific knowledge and his cock.
You bring up a good point. Scientists and academics, nerds like Warren, are often criticized as viewing the world from an ivory tower. The lighthouse is clearly white. It's an ivory tower. The symbolism is quite clear, unlike the ejaculate dripping out of Warren's cock>>173744281
>>
>>173746179
>Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
>Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
>“I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
>Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
>They end up living in Chloe's truck.
>After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
>Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle.
>Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe.
>Chloe is abandoned once again.
>Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
>Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
>Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
>Max wakes up.
>"Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town.”
>Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.
>>
File: 452346523.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
452346523.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>173746463
At least put some effort into your shit stirring.
>>
>>173730971
What's the release date for this game?
>>
>>173744832
>God loves all His children
>God hates fags
>but God created fags
Hey Kate, you ever think God needs to make up His fucking mind?
>>
>>173748808
October, November or December 2017.
>>
File: tumblr_on8ijbetbA1rs3b30o1_1280.png (731KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on8ijbetbA1rs3b30o1_1280.png
731KB, 595x842px
Joyce hasn't seen her daughter this happy in years.
>>
>>173746463
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
GED?

But isn't everyone in Blackwell school graduates anyway.
>>
>>173751696
That's not a picture of her walking in on Max going down on Chloe. What are you talking about?
>>
>>173751696
Y'know, this is something the game doesn't address, even though it maybe should have.

Like, is Joyce... cool with this? I mean this is some bumfuck small town in the middle of Oregon, so it's not likely our girls would be accepted, especially taking the whole Kate incident into account. Just seems like a bit of an elephant in the room.
>>
>>173752313
That would definitely warrant a rewind and Max saying they needed to stop.

>>173752748
I see no reason why she wouldn't be.
At the end of it, Chloe is her daughter and she would just want to see her happy.
Joyce isn't a fool, she would have noticed Chloe's posters, the magazines, and how she acted around Rachel. Maybe Chloe never came out about it, but iif you know her it is pretty damn obvious.
William probably knew as well, and David will learn to accept it since he sees how Chloe's mood and behavior improves.
>>
File: 1489974847018.png (149KB, 517x433px) Image search: [Google]
1489974847018.png
149KB, 517x433px
>>173707875
Yeah, pretty much. Messing with it once is the same as messing with it a thousand times. May as well do the best you can with it if you've already altered it by saving Chloe.

>>173708157
I don't really get it. You like stories and characters, but not the deeper meanings and messages that are behind them?
>>
>>173752748
Out of all the bad shit going on in Arcadia Bay, two girls being lesbians would be the least of everyone's worries.
>>
File: I want to believe.jpg (572KB, 892x892px) Image search: [Google]
I want to believe.jpg
572KB, 892x892px
>>173718198
I haven't given an opinion on the endings. Just making some observations. Like how you are perfectly fine with "Because the writer said so" when explaining away how the earth can spin and stay still at the same time. But the second you get your feelings got hurt it's all "You can take your themes and shove them directly up your ass". Seems a bit inconsistent to me. But maybe if you bully me a little, you'll stop being a hypocrite.

>>173744173
>The most worthy critiques are that they didn't explain Max's powers, the origin of the tornado and the rushed, unoriginal ending
Indeed, I found it odd that people are perfectly fine with nonsensical time travel scenarios right up until their feelings get hurt. With Max's powers it's all "fuck physics, gay girls choo choo!" but once they get their feelings hurt it's all "shit ain't logical". Seems a bit dishonest to me.
>>
>>173753212
>but not the deeper meanings and messages that are behind them?
Nope. In my experience, these things are more often than not a detriment to much more important nuts and bolts of storytelling. Character actions and motivations, pacing of events, weaving of subplots, these are what make a story, not metatextual navel gazing.

I like Life is Strange for the characters(especially Max, cause she's the best) and how their actions and motives affect the ongoing conflict. The overarching thematic element removes that agency and the story more or less stops being about them, and more about the writer trying to get across a point, and a frankly very stupid point at that.

So no, I don't care for "deeper meanings", cause that usually translates to "the author is preaching at me".
>>
>>173751205
God created them in their image, but they chose to delight in the flesh. They gave in to Satan's temptation, much like Max decided to lay her face between Chloe's toned thighs and lap at her sour choices throwing her into a frenzy of orgiastic squeals. The horrible temptress left me alone, without a friend to sip tea with. The Devil stole my best friend and her soul. I pray she and the blue haired dyke realize the error of their orgasms, I mean, ways.
>>
>>173753212
I think most people understood and respected the themes just fine...until the ending went full retard, doubled back on the rest of the game, and was hinting Max was wrong to ever try to help anyone.
That's a terrible lesson with an even worse execution. There is no message or meaning to what is shown at the end of the game, it destroys what made the other four episodes good and have respectable messages. The finale is just the writers giving the players and the characters the finger.
They took extra time to make the final episode and they delivered a dumpster fire of an ending. Many of the criticisms are well deserved.
>>
>>173752748
>especially taking the whole Kate incident into account.

From what I gather, Max, Chloe and Nathan were the only townies to attend Blackwell. Nathan is of dubious classification because his father practically owns the school, and he's of a much higher economic status than the rest of the Bay's residents.

>some bumfuck small town in the middle of Oregon

Americans romanticize the Pacific Northwest as a liberal utopia, but the opposite holds true outside of Portland and Seattle. Most of the two states runs red during election season. Small towns are populated by the redneck blue collar types that propelled Trump to national politics.

The game didn't show enough of Chloe's interactions with Joyce, David or the town's non-Blackwell affiliated residents to know for sure. That could be a source of tension between her and David, possibly Joyce. She is from the South after all.

>>173753893
That's the way it should be, but look at the debate over transsexuals using bathrooms. Prescription drug abuse and a failure to modernize the workforce are major issues, but politicians care more about where the trans population takes a piss.

Fucking hell, right?

>>173754242
Pretty much. They ignore the facts until they're inconvenient then throw a tantrum. DONTnod fed that immaturity by refusing to offer an explanation and relying on previously existing texts to define time travel rules.

>>173753212
>I don't really get it. You like stories and characters, but not the deeper meanings and messages that are behind them?

No. They like yelling at anyone who doesn't cutepost or type Pricefield rules with improper line breaking.

>>173755171
>was hinting Max was wrong to ever try to help anyone.

The game never hinted that. It simply inserts a common theme in time travel fiction: altering the past destroys the future. DONTnod is guilty of unoriginality. Most of the people claiming that Max was wrong for saving Chloe don't like Chloe. That's it.
>>
A list of the thematic elements in Life is Strange
>Episode 1: Don't let prior mistakes or fears preclude you from doing what you want.
>Episode 2: Sometimes, a few kind words can make all the difference.
>Episode 3: You cannot change what happened in the past, but you can make sure the future is better.
>Episode 4: The unknowns are what can hurt the most.
>Episode 5: Don't ever try to fix anything or help anyone, abandon your dreams, either fuck yourself to help everyone else - or fuck everyone else to help yourself.
>>
>>173755171
>until the ending went full retard, doubled back on the rest of the game,
>doubled back

Plenty of the game hinted that Chloe was a doomed character. She met tragic ends throughout the episodes: the junkyard, the train tracks, Jefferson's gun, the euthanasia, etc. The original name "What if?" heavily implies that the narrative was intended to be an analogy or Max's headcannon for her feelings about losing Chloe. It's not what we as fans want to hear, but that's because of what a powerful impact the characters had on us.

>>173755883
>a list by a poster throwing a tantrum

Fixed that for ya'.
>>
>>173754806
There is no God. You've wasted the last 18 years of your life singing praises to an imaginary man in the sky. Everything you've been taught about life and morality is all a lie. There's nothing waiting for you when you die Kate. You'll simply be gone.
>>
>>173756086
Even ignoring Chloe "being a doomed character" why does saving her caused a storm?
Max rewinds other things before saving her. She fixes her camera and answers a question, why didn't those cause storm? Those are still changes in time and apparently fate.
Even if Chloe's survival was linked to the storm, Max cannot go back that fat because the butterfly photo was taken after she already rewound. She retakes the photo after making the other rewinds in the classroom.
The only "logical" conclusions to the storm are it's related specifically to Chloe or it's something else outside of Max's control in every case.
I know what the game suggests and what themes it tries to show. It's wrong, plain and simple.

Max & Chloe won't ever worry about it because Max tore that fucking photo up and they get on with their lives to deal with their real problems instead of contrived bullshit.
>>
>>173755838
>It simply inserts a common theme in time travel fiction: altering the past destroys the future
Yes, but WHY does altering the past destroy the future? What is the fuckin' through line here? The way it's written is some serious step 3 profit shit.

Apparently "Why is this happening?" is far too much to ask.
>>
File: tumblr_omtia1q4Hx1qld217o1_1280.jpg (377KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omtia1q4Hx1qld217o1_1280.jpg
377KB, 1280x960px
Bongo's angel came down from heaven and made the tornado go away.

All that was left was some rain and thunder.

The girls went home to play video games and have snacks.
>>
>>173756971
>The girls went home to play video games and have snacks.

That's not canon and has no bearing in fact. Pizza is not a snack. It's meal. You are wrong!

>>173756851
It's a byproduct of the reason based fatalism supported by Socrates and other Greek philosophers. They believed that any action, regardless of how minute, was essential for the progression of time. Time travel fiction, with a few exceptions, clings to the paradigm.

>>173756670
>I know what the game suggests and what themes it tries to show. It's wrong, plain and simple.

See above.

>Max & Chloe won't ever worry about it because Max tore that fucking photo up and they get on with their lives to deal with their real problems instead of contrived bullshit.

Not everyone did that.
>>
>>173756971
>eating pizza with coffee
why
>>
>>173756290
There is a reason you are pushed into lockers. It's because you are too weak to accept God's love. He has chosen you to be punished. You are not strong enough to resist Nathan, the craven homosexual. Warren is the only real man at Blackwell. You will never measure up to his 4.5 inch USB stick of God's elation!
>>
>>173757331
It's another illogical choice by the sapphic sluts.
>>
File: 1450704789371.jpg (73KB, 675x856px) Image search: [Google]
1450704789371.jpg
73KB, 675x856px
>>173757470
>Warren is the only real man at Blackwell
>>
>>173757323
>It's a byproduct of the reason based fatalism supported by Socrates and other Greek philosophers. They believed that any action, regardless of how minute, was essential for the progression of time. Time travel fiction, with a few exceptions, clings to the paradigm.
So, basically, Max should never have used her powers to help anyone, and every time she sees something bad happen, it's best for her to just leave it alone despite having the power to prevent it. Okay.
>>
So what happens to Photography class now that Jefferson is gone?
>>
File: Kate Marsh, Evangelical Cosplay.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Marsh, Evangelical Cosplay.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>173757925
But he will be holding hands with me!
>>
>>173758623
They hire a new photography teacher, and employ a strict background check and psych evaluation policy.

Speaking of Jefferson, anyone else think his artsy serial killer shtick was fucking silly and retarded? At least when we thought Nathan was the killer, it was slightly more reasonable as he's just crazy and wanted to jerk off to some pics. But then Jefferson starts his villain monologue, and it's just silly, and not in the charming way like the rest of the game.
>>
>>173757323
>Not everyone did that.
Max did it. That's all that matters.
And don't give that "muh headcanon" bullshit. If you think Max really would ever let Chloe die like that you're wrong as well.
No debating it.
>>
>>173758623
>Max did it. That's all that matters.

Not in my game and not in others.

>>173759352

Four years later Mrs. Caulfield-Price joins Blackwell's staff.

>it's just silly

I read it as chilling more than silly. Plenty of serial killers consider their behavior artistic. They justify it with all sorts of philosophical arguments. They're insane, evil or both.
>>
>>173759352
Jefferson had a lot of potential but never got used in a way to live up to it.
Someone with an aura of attractiveness, experience with that they do, and is methodical with their crimes. It's been done in the past and it's been done extremely well. In LiS not so much.
Probably because there's little time from his reveal to his defeat. You never get to see a backstory or build up. Which makes sense from an outside observer standpoint but no so much for creating a threatening villain.

Not even sure how they could improve him without vastly expanding the scope of the game. Maybe letting us listen into the phonecall he takes in episode 2 or showing him in episode 3 after school hours being a little off, hinting there's something wrong with him.
>>
File: 1381121359761.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1381121359761.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>Not in MY game
>Not MY Max
>Not in MY mind
>>
>>173759352
>when we thought Nathan was the killer
Practically everyone knew that Nathan was a red herring and suspected Jefferson. Even without the leaks we noticed some telltale hints that Jefferson was probably a bad guy.
>>
File: JuQFXZE.jpg (410KB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
JuQFXZE.jpg
410KB, 2880x1620px
They're free now
>>
>>173760098
Well, Nathan still was a criminal/killer. He just wasn't the mastermind. Jefferson's presence in no way absolves Nathan of his own actions.
>>
File: 1461095761916.png (1MB, 1200x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1461095761916.png
1MB, 1200x1301px
She's dead now
>>
>>173760598
Maybe in your ending.
>>
>''She's also going to be in the next Life is Strange''
https://youtu.be/pUacX3Ik690?t=10m40s

What did she mean by this?
>>
The only ending is Max finding a third option.
Don't even waste time or effort arguing about two binary choices. Our girl is smart and not going to just quit by settling for two bad options.
>>
File: tumblr_nott953zCJ1rkyjwho1_1280.jpg (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nott953zCJ1rkyjwho1_1280.jpg
185KB, 500x500px
Sleep tight, pirates
>>
>>173761504
>Season 2 will have a british character

NOOOO
>>
>>173757331
Well it could be another warm beverage.

Not that it makes any more sense. In any case Max and Chloe do what they want.
So let them be snug, warm, comfy, entertained, and well nourished. It's not like you can stop them.
>>
>>173763270
Is Sarah British? Whoever talked to her and made that video is, but the VA may not be.
I hope the next LiS is kept in America. Vampyr will probably be plenty British if they do the voices right.
>>
>>173763461
>Is Sarah British?

Amelia Tayler is British.
https://twitter.com/ameliatyler
>>
File: zSxE87b.jpg (246KB, 1440x2700px) Image search: [Google]
zSxE87b.jpg
246KB, 1440x2700px
>>
File: lector.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lector.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>173766131
>"Say, Max, do you know what I'd do if I had time powers?"
>"G-Go back and prioritise Chloe's wellbeing above everything, even your own?"
>"No you dumb bitch. I'd just warn her so she could avoid her accident."
Max is a rube, with her sholder-slung bag and her converse shoes.
>>
>>173754242
>>173754242
>I haven't given an opinion on the endings. Just making some observations. Like how you are perfectly fine with "Because the writer said so" when explaining away how the earth can spin and stay still at the same time.
Obviously the powers act on a frame of reference relative to the rotating earth (not really any more arbitrary than fixing the frame of reference to the centre of the solar system or whatever). Above problem solved.

However I feel that isn't the general issue here. The general issue is that a creator is free to modify the rules of the universe, but they should be consistent in how they modify said rules of the universe. Otherwise it becomes too obvious to the consumer that things are happening for no other reason than author's fiat. Suspension of disbelief is ruined, and along with it the emotional involvement of the consumer.
>>
>>173757323
>It's a byproduct of the reason based fatalism supported by Socrates and other Greek philosophers. They believed that any action, regardless of how minute, was essential for the progression of time. Time travel fiction, with a few exceptions, clings to the paradigm.
But they didn't completely reset the timeline in the bay end, so it really isn't an adhereance to that paradigm. Instead they try to suggest that one action is essential, for seemingly arbitrary reasons. Every other change is apparently irrelevant.
>>
floof
>>
File: cuckplay.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
cuckplay.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>
File: Christ-Chan Kate best Kate.jpg (42KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
Christ-Chan Kate best Kate.jpg
42KB, 425x516px
>>173759658
>Not in my game and not in others.
Perhaps the inability to accept this fact is why logic is only applied to Max's powers in regards to the endings. People get emotional over their headcanons I guess.

>>173768087
>Above problem solved
Not in the slightest. If time is paused then the earth is no longer moving. If time is in reverse then the world is spinning in the opposite direction. It's simply imposable that Max remains stationary while rewinding time. When time progresses linearly then Max just inherits the earths momentum as we all do. So if she remains in place while rewinding then the globe should spin beneath her because she is no longer inheriting the worlds momentum. Meaning she could no longer be in the same place she was before she started rewinding. It ain't logical.

>but they should be consistent in how they modify said rules of the universe
It's consistently illogical. I was just observing that people only start to care that it's illogical when feels get hurt.

>Otherwise it becomes too obvious to the consumer that things are happening for no other reason than author's fiat. Suspension of disbelief is ruined, and along with it the emotional involvement of the consumer.
I don't believe in objective standards in art. Artists may do as they please and must live with the consumers reaction. That's just how it works, so I can't really see how it as an issue. Some of my favorite works will intentionally break suspension of disbelief or emotional involvement.
>>
>>173770970
> When time progresses linearly then Max just inherits the earths momentum as we all do. So if she remains in place while rewinding then the globe should spin beneath her because she is no longer inheriting the worlds momentum. Meaning she could no longer be in the same place she was before she started rewinding. It ain't logical.
Is it safe to assume the effect of Max's existing momentum on her position will be the same as she slows time down?
Or if momentum is a constant we must conserve, and is defined as proportionate to change in position with respect to change in time, if we reduce the rate at which time is flowing for Max, should we not expect a reduction in change in position this existing momentum produces?

>It's consistently illogical. I was just observing that people only start to care that it's illogical when feels get hurt.
This really isn't true. People criticised things in the game throughout its release - there was a response here when the rogue eclipse happened in ep 2, with people pointing out how that was a problem orders of magnitude more severe than any tornado, for example. It was more a case that, prior to the ending, people had been nice enough to give the devs the benefit of the doubt rather than prematurely judging. After the ending, that evaporated and they were able to revaluate the game as a complete work.

>I don't believe in objective standards in art. Artists may do as they please and must live with the consumers reaction. That's just how it works, so I can't really see how it as an issue. Some of my favorite works will intentionally break suspension of disbelief or emotional involvement.
Do you honestly think that in this instance, the intent of the devs was to deliberately ruin emotional involvement on the ending?
>>
File: tumblr_nvkpjx8W551rqbjg3o4_1280.png (392KB, 572x920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvkpjx8W551rqbjg3o4_1280.png
392KB, 572x920px
>>
>>173756086
>The original name "What if?" heavily implies that the narrative was intended to be an analogy or Max's headcannon for her feelings about losing Chloe.
In the original story, Chloe survived in both endings. Dismissed.
>>
>>173775170
We don't know what the original ending was. Scripts often undergo multiple rewrites. The Hospital ending might have just been another revision.
>>
>>173775281
We don't know what the original name was. Titles often undergo multiple rewrites. "What If?" might just have been another revision.
>>
File: It just works.jpg (710KB, 957x1062px) Image search: [Google]
It just works.jpg
710KB, 957x1062px
>>173773446
>if we reduce the rate at which time is flowing for Max, should we not expect a reduction in change in position this existing momentum produces?
Yes, but that's not what happens. The world itself continues spinning, and everyone else in the world keeps in time with it. If Max is somehow removed from the momentum of the earth while using her powers then a ten second rewind would probably put her outside of the earths atmosphere.

>People criticised things in the game throughout its release
People aren't as salty about the rouge eclipse as they are the endings, nor were they upset about Max's powers never making any sense.

>Do you honestly think that in this instance, the intent of the devs was to deliberately ruin emotional involvement on the ending?
I don't really care. The episodes called polarized and it's polarizing. So there's that.
>>
File: 1470508563547.png (1MB, 1600x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1470508563547.png
1MB, 1600x1009px
>>
>>173777072
we need more alternate kate clothing
>>
File: Punk Kate.jpg (43KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Punk Kate.jpg
43KB, 500x707px
>>173777945
>>
https://twitter.com/edouardcaplain/status/787926132880445440
>October 17 2016

I wonder at what stage of development Season 2 is now...
>>
>>173778262
How is this small-ass studio managing to keep everything hush-hush?!

Leaks WHEN
>>
>>173779216
I think bigger studios (like Rockstar for example) have more chance to get their projects leaked on the web.
>>
>>173779216
Or maybe S2 isn't going to happen...

Nah, it was confirmed that the LiS team is working on an unannounced project so is just a matter of time until they reveal what they have been working on
>>
>>173779216
>How is this small-ass studio managing to keep everything hush-hush?!

Because when someone leaks something it's much easier to figure out who did it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2hjJk1iM1s
>>
Friendly reminder season 2 will never get made because Michel is too busy playing Overwatch.
>>
>>173782423
Well they can't play OW all the time.
>>
>all the inevitable S1 x S2 fanfics
>>
>>173549679
Yes
>>
File: 1445777502472.png (34KB, 171x155px) Image search: [Google]
1445777502472.png
34KB, 171x155px
>>173783491
>all the inevitable S1 x S1 SFM porn videos
>>
>>173783765
S1 x S2*
>>
>>173783765
REWIND THIS
>>
>>173783765
Depends on who the characters are
>>
File: 1464203257589.jpg (65KB, 756x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464203257589.jpg
65KB, 756x768px
I've had a horrible month, my gf left me on somewhat mutual terms and I quit my shitty retail job.

I came back to this game to lift my spirits and hearing that menu music was like taking xanax. This game is like an antidepressant.
>>
>>173759725
I suspected him after he doubted Kate's claim. DONTnod did a fine job with him. If they were expanding the game, explaining Max's powers would be a more fruitful use of their time.

>>173759871
You're ignoring actual gameplay. The Bay ending is there. DONTnod created it. They gave it much more time than Bae too.

>>173769276
I see you point, but it's a bit didactic. Max had already rewound from when she saw Chloe shot. She took the picture in the bathroom the first time.

>>173773446
>Do you honestly think that in this instance, the intent of the devs was to deliberately ruin emotional involvement on the ending?

It's obvious they ran out of time/money. No. They didn't want to ruin the game. It was still a good game, but Bae fags focus on a few minor points to justify their decision and rant against other players. It's bullshit.

>>173775170
>In the original story, Chloe survived in both endings. Dismissed.

She was in a coma on a hospital bed. There's no guarantee she would come out. They could've euthanized her seconds after the game ended.

>>173776153
>People aren't as salty about the rouge eclipse as they are the endings

No one argues about the beached whales, dead birds or Samuel's collection of women's clothing and teen fashion magazines either.
>>
>>173788292
>They gave it much more time than Bae too.
They also gave much more time to Max saving Chloe and showing that the storm was always coming. Compare that to two lines of dialogue to suggest Max caused the storm where neither is a confirmation of that idea.

You will NEVER win this argument. There is no evidence to support the Bay ending other than the ending itself.

Like going into a court case with a locked briefcase showing the only film of a crime being committed and a clear image of who did it, but you only open it if the Jury gives a guilty verdict. It's not applicable to the trial/debate itself. It's hindsight, which is a dishonest point to argue from.
>>
File: tumblr_o50yreYaAu1rjinaso2_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1060px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o50yreYaAu1rjinaso2_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1060px
You guys are still talking about that storm? It was...four years ago.
Much more important things to discuss now, such as Max's recent achievements. She won a photography contest and got to go to Paris as a prize, she got to bring someone else with her.
No surprise who she picked.
>>
>>173790945
It was two years ago; the game is set two years behind our time.
>>
>>173793718
It was 2013 wasn't it?
>>
>>173793718
Storm was 2013, it's now 2017
>>
File: tumblr_o21npwqDPA1rlnxrzo1_1280.png (1MB, 1134x1380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21npwqDPA1rlnxrzo1_1280.png
1MB, 1134x1380px
>>
>>173783491
I hope the characters for S2 are as interesting and make people want to write stories.
>>
File: tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png (560KB, 550x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png
560KB, 550x664px
>>173551430
OH SHID
How did I not notice a Skippy post until over two days after?
Great job. I really wish we got to see Max's parents in the game and their reaction to Max coming home with Chloe in tow. The Caulfields seem cool but Chloe's appearance may shock them a bit at first, but above all they're just glad the girls are safe. Wonder how they;d take the news that their daughter and her best friend were dating.
They'd quickly notice how much happier and inspired Max was.
>>
Just how much does Max tell her parents? About Jefferson, about how she really saved Kate and others, about what her and Chloe went through and found.
What if the power is something that runs in the family?
>>
>>173798294
Based on all the texts, Max doesn't seem the type that is really open to her family about her personal life.
>>
>>173798294
It's really never indicated that it is familial; thematically, it's circumstantial, and it's also narratively central to the specific events in the game.

It's indeed interesting as to what Max would reveal to her parents, which is, in turn, even more existentially disturbing to imagine Max alone with this knowledge, after erasing the events, in the incredibly unlikely alternative scenario.
>>
>>173794937
>>173794965
I've seen this anon pop up a few times (at least I assume it's the same person), they seem to have this incredibly bizarre conception where a story being set in the past is equivalent to the story being set in an alternate universe where everything is [x years] behind.

For a clearer example, anon would consider the protagonist of To Kill a Mockingbird 63 years old today because she was 6 in the book and 57 years have passed since it was published, instead of the correct age of 90.
>>
>>173794937
>>173794965
It was in 2013, while our time was 2015; as a result, we are two years ahead, and because two years have passed since the events of the game, it is 2015 in their universe, as it is 2017 today.
>>
>>173799732
That wasn't my thinking.

>>173799930
>>
>>173799105
All we know about Max's life in Seattle was she had a few friends and went to hockey games with her dad.
Her parents obviously care about her, but maybe the three of them were also in silent agreement they wanted to see Max fend for herself.
Going away to school and being away from family. Her first real chance to do what she wants as an adult without parents leading her. So they give Max her distance, unless it's something serious like saving Kate where they have to do their job and ask if she's alright.

>>173799435
I think Max would talk about their close calls but leave out stuff she's not supposed to know. Maybe at some time in the future she would tell her parents the FULL story if she thinks they can handle it.

>imagine Max alone with this knowledge
Just another reason, upon a stack of many other, that I detest the very concept of that scenario.
>>
>>173799732
>>173799930
It all depends how you look at it. You can go by our universe where it's two years ahead (So in the world of LiS it's now 2015). Or you can act like the events of the game are history and say it was roughly four years ago.
Neither is right or wrong. but I prefer the latter since it means the wounds incurred by the characters have had more time to heal (Even if they never totally go away). Two years is still plenty of time but Max, Chloe, and other characters their age would still likely be in school and living with their parents.

So for the sake of theorizing/cuteposting, I say they are on the same timeline as us so Max and Chloe are now 22/23 respectively.
I have no problem adjusting though if I'm talking immediately after the events of the game.
>>
>>173800076
That is exactly verbatim what your thinking is, based on what you just wrote in >>173799930
You have this strange conception that October 11th, 2013 is pegged to October 20th, 2015, and each day that passes IRL is equivalent to one day passing in the 'LiS universe', so now that two years have passed since the game came out in 2015, two years have passed in the life of Max and Chloe.
>>
>>173800590
I would contend the former method is objectively wrong, inasmuch as nobody ever treats fiction set in the past in that way aside from anon. Like, nobody would say "the events of Ivanhoe happened two centuries ago" simply because the novel was published in 1820, they would say "the events of Ivanhoe happened 900 years ago" because it was set in the 1100s.

You would completely confuse and mislead a stranger who wasn't familiar with the book if you told them its events happened two centuries ago.
>>
>>173800660
I've drawn the parallel time relation between universes, and I don't see how it's, unless the passage of time isn't 1:1, incorrect.
>>
Why didn't Warren go out with Brooke? She was interested in him and she's cuter than Max
>>
>>173802818
He was going to go out with her, until he got the idea to use her as a backup and ask Max out as well.
To be fair, Warren may just be really oblivious (Actually it really does look that way. He misses both Brooke obviously liking him and misses Max not being interested.)
He just needs to step back and open his eyes. even if he doesn't like Brooke he can find someone else.
>>
File: meme Max twenty seventh best Max.jpg (283KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
meme Max twenty seventh best Max.jpg
283KB, 1280x716px
>>173801128
Something is not objectively wrong just because it's an uncommon practice or it would confuse a stranger. I don't care about this discussion at all but that logic triggered me.
>>
>>173805336
>black people
>Oregon
>>
>>173805563
They could do BROWNED, I guess. God knows there's no lack of mexicans

Also the new "select the cars" Captcha is the most annoying shit ever
>>
>>
Max's laugh is one of the most magical sounds ever. Chloe is a master of summoning it.
>>
File: tumblr_omnz2rlpAe1vos17so1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omnz2rlpAe1vos17so1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1478px
Dat Max in the background
c:
>>
>>173802818
>and she's cuter than Max

4U
But yeah I agree, at least she will return his feelings.
>>
How do you deal with people who call Life is Strange a SJW game?
>>
>>173809757
if LiS was really a SJW game, characters like David wouldn't even be in the game.
>>
>>173809757
The same way I deal with people who hate Chloe or act like saving her in the end was wrong- I ignore them
>>
>>173809757
You ignore them.
>>
I want to see Max and Chloe bake cookies with Joyce.
It all goes well until Max knocks something over and Chloe sets the blender on the highest setting and flings stuff everywhere. May require a rewind or two.
>>
>>173812664
>Chloe puts a special ingredient in the cookies
>Joyce and Max start acting weird
>>
File: You have finished LiS.png (90KB, 1280x549px) Image search: [Google]
You have finished LiS.png
90KB, 1280x549px
>>173787620
>This game is like an antidepressant.
You might be the first person to ever say that.
>>
>>173814548
>Chloe puts a special ingredient in the cookies

what is this special ingredient
>>
File: 1447557261983.jpg (220KB, 608x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1447557261983.jpg
220KB, 608x1920px
>Max and Chloe will never ask you to take a picture of them
>>
>>173814671
love
>>
File: 1438806703056.png (647KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438806703056.png
647KB, 540x800px
brunette Chloe
>>
>>173814882
I'd take it for them. But I'd also ask them for a selfie with me and maybe for their autographs.
If they say no, it's fine, I'll still take their picture.
>>
>>173789567
>You will NEVER convince me.

Corrected that for you, chum. I'd need to go to medical school to figure out how to remove your head from up your ass. Not worth my time.

>>173790945
It would be cool if Joyce and David had enough cash to go with. At least Joyce. She has wished for a Paris trip for a long time.

>>173798294
Not much at first, if ever. It's a secret between her and Chloe. Her powers would draw a lot of attention, in particular from military researchers, the government and nefarious groups that didn't have her best interests in mind. Telling Chloe was a risk. Her parents, maybe. Even then, what if they're Bayfags?

>>173761659
Yep.
>>
File: Rewinding.gif (484KB, 800x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Rewinding.gif
484KB, 800x1126px
>>173761659
This.
I lean towards Bay, but ultimately they're both incomplete and flawed. Max would find a way, even if it killed her.
>>
>>
>>173817629
That's what I thought would happen. With the bleeding and time break growing more intense, I figured she would die from her power.
>>
>>173815517
Cute
>>
>>173815517
I am okay with this.
I would also have accepted black-haired Max and blonde Max.
>>
>>173814671
Use your imagination:)
>>
>>173817303
Oh please/ All your arguments consist of the following:
-Utilitarianism
-Blindly believing what the game says, but only when it suits you
-Ignoring anything that makes things more complex than black and white
-Calling things that you disagree with "headcanons" but then saying "In my game..."

You fail to understand anything. You miss the points of the story that don't contribute to the message you want, but claim to see "thematic" elements, you classify the characters as one trait and nothing more, and you act like Max is an RPG character.

Then to top it off you act as retarded as Mari and her friend by feeling the need to bring up your own life as if it justifies something or sheds light on a subject none of us understand.

Saying you dislike both endiongs but then going out of your way to defend the Bay ending and attack anyone who points out its flaws.
No, you clearly don't dislike it. You're just a shit-eater who looks for attention.
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1450308347706.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450308347706.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Chlo-Troll5.png (130KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chlo-Troll5.png
130KB, 300x300px
>>173821332
>>
File: 1485492211852.png (294KB, 530x730px) Image search: [Google]
1485492211852.png
294KB, 530x730px
>>173821528
>>
>>173821332
>Saying you dislike both endiongs but then going out of your way to defend the Bay ending and attack anyone who points out its flaws.
Is this deep, deep self-satire?
>>
>>
File: 1487694573801.png (917KB, 1280x825px) Image search: [Google]
1487694573801.png
917KB, 1280x825px
>>173822034
Haha. Yeah, really. I try to keep it civil.
>>
there are no plotholes in lis, just like there are no contradictions in the bible
>>
Frank did nothing wrong
>>
>>173824485
You're right. He only fooled around with women half his age, sold date rape drugs to mentally unstable rich kids and killed a man for a dog. Good guy.
>>
>>173824485
Selling drugs is wrong
>>
File: 1486231927334.jpg (353KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
1486231927334.jpg
353KB, 1280x864px
>>173826324
But using them is A-Okay Hella Great!
>>
anyone have the Love is Strange OST?
>>
Who the fuck is resetting their router this hard?
>>
>>173826678
That's wrong too
>>
!!
>>
>>173823381
No amount of screeching about "faggots" and "dykes" will change your fate. Inevitably you will die and all the futile crusading you've done throughout your life will bring you no closer to your imaginary man in the sky.

You're an accident Kate. Little more than a slightly more intelligent chimp. No less foul and perverse than the homosexuals you rail against.
>>
>>173549889

10/10
>>
>>173827373
Take a wild guess. The one thinking they're witty or funny with the retarded personas they created for shitposting.
They got banned in the past so now they do this.
>>
File: tumblr_nsicr0FBVD1qewlzgo1_1280.jpg (82KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsicr0FBVD1qewlzgo1_1280.jpg
82KB, 550x750px
Running off to the next adventure
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptyKSiRyQ4Y

Do you think Kate and Alice go do competitions like this?
>>
>>173832868
*go to*
>>
>>173832868
Yeah! Alice isn't the best at it, but she tries and is inspired.
Maybe one day she can even be like her hero, the mysterious Super Alice
>>
File: 1484675845252.jpg (147KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1484675845252.jpg
147KB, 1191x670px
>>173832120
Or they could drive.
>>
File: 1477_56c32ed3181498.67358797.jpg (286KB, 1280x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1477_56c32ed3181498.67358797.jpg
286KB, 1280x1420px
>>173833821
Yargh. These pirates haven't the best navigation skills.
Alas, they keep sailing 'til they find a new land worthy of exploring.
>>
File: Chlo-Troll2.png (126KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chlo-Troll2.png
126KB, 300x300px
>>173830904
Pff.

>pic related

>>173834424
Where do Max and Chloe go for urban exploring?
>>
Gee that Chloe sure is a bad person, actually going out of her way to help her friends and make sure they're not in some kind of harm.
>>
Chloe did somethings wrong but she made up for them and learned lessons.
>>
File: tumblr_o2ur15dUSJ1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg (291KB, 1280x1813px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2ur15dUSJ1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg
291KB, 1280x1813px
>>
>>
>>173839803
Wrong thread or trying to reference Kate?
>>
File: _life_is_strange__chloe_2_0.gif (4MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
_life_is_strange__chloe_2_0.gif
4MB, 640x480px
>ywn see Chloe staying with Max in Seattle and dancing and singing along to Ryan's Queen records.
>>
>>173839803
I have a PS4 but I barely buy games for it.
Is this game any good?
>>
>>173843675
Even if you've never played any of the persona games before it's worth playing.
>>
>>173843010
FIND. ME. SOMEBODY. TO LOVE
>>
>>173843675
It's great
>>
>>173846397
even for someone who isn't a weeaboo?
>>
>>173843675
It's wonderful and beautiful.
>>
>>173846609
It's a good game
>>
Isn't there a Persona general?
>>
>>173847198
This isn't Life is Persona 5 General?
>>
>tfw we never got a chance to met Max's parents and explore their house
>>
File: Caulfields.png (146KB, 404x265px) Image search: [Google]
Caulfields.png
146KB, 404x265px
>>173847994
Maybe someone made their house in Seattle for the location art contest. Which ends tomorrow, I believe.
It would have been nice to see. Max coming home, hugging her parents and letting them know she's alright, introducing them to the new Chloe (Well, they do notice a bit of the girl they used to know), and just being able to relax without fear of anyone or anything bad coming.
>>
File: 1481840549777.jpg (153KB, 1280x478px) Image search: [Google]
1481840549777.jpg
153KB, 1280x478px
There needs to be more art with Max's and Chloe's parents
>>
>>173849131
who are the kids outside making a snowman
>>
>>173848280
Max have always been a qt
>>
File: tumblr_o108q29VWr1s0uhrqo1_1280.png (913KB, 1172x1391px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o108q29VWr1s0uhrqo1_1280.png
913KB, 1172x1391px
>>173849243
Just a little reflection of the past

>>173849679
Yeah she has
Born2Cute
>>
>>173849679
I think older Max (current one) looks better in my opinion.
>>
File: 1446355795656.jpg (159KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1446355795656.jpg
159KB, 1280x721px
>>173850418
all Maxes are qt
>>
>>173850669
younger Max looks like Sid from the first Toy Story movie
>>
>>173850669
"Mother of god."- Chloe upon seeing that
>>
File: 1445359694574.jpg (735KB, 4098x2115px) Image search: [Google]
1445359694574.jpg
735KB, 4098x2115px
What is she thinking about?
>>
>>173850669
7 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 8
>>
>>173551430
>"Ngh."
Speaking of, the big softie in question groggily opens her eyes and looks up at you.
>"Sup hippie."
Such a way with words.
>"You're up early."
>"Well I was planning on sleeping until at least 3pm seeing as I did all the driving, but your fidgeting put a stop to that. So why are YOU up so early?"
>"Just thinking about stuff."
>"What kinda stuff?"
Chloe barely looks coherent, her vibrant blue hair is covering half her face and her eyes are barely open. She never was a morning person like you.
>"Everything, I guess I'm still decompressing after the past week."
Chloe picks her head up to look at you, realising this could be serious.
>"It's been a lot to take in. And a lot to take out."
You half-heartedly gesture at your still-unpacked belongings strewn around the room with a nervous chuckle. Your poor attempt at lightening the situation fail, however, and Chloe looks just as worried as before.
>>
>>173851612
Which one of the Maxes she would choose?
>>
File: 1481909763394-vg.jpg (230KB, 1280x1585px) Image search: [Google]
1481909763394-vg.jpg
230KB, 1280x1585px
>>173852015
This is all I have, sorry. I've had it for 3 days and just can't find the desire or inspiration for it with the shitty week I've had. I'll try to actually do something this weekend.
>>
>>173851693
"Should I upgrade to something newer?...nah."

>>173852056
Her Max.

>>173852015
>>173852131
No worries. Write stuff when you want to. Just seeing more stuff form you is nice.
I've tried forcing myself to do creative stuff and it just ends up being frustrating instead of enjoyable.

It's my own belief that Chloe really is a morning person. Max is the one that wants to sleep in.
>>
Pleasantly astounded that this general is still alive. Keep doin you /lisg/
>>
File: FaceApp_1492062482725.jpg (94KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492062482725.jpg
94KB, 502x502px
>>
File: FaceApp_1492062665840.jpg (67KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492062665840.jpg
67KB, 502x502px
>>173853920
Whoops
>>
File: tumblr_o63tsiKvsf1t5fghao1_500.png (448KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o63tsiKvsf1t5fghao1_500.png
448KB, 500x662px
>>173854086
That smile is off-putting.
>>
>>173853838
Our ''little'' community is very dedicated, we're not going to die any soon.
>>
>>173854086
what the hell is this faceapp thing anyway
>>
>>173854579
I have no clue, been seeing it everywhere. Kind of weird.
>>
File: d9fnkfb.jpg (350KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
d9fnkfb.jpg
350KB, 1360x768px
Are they gonna have a baby?
>>
>>173856362
Joyce is kind of old (I think both are in their 40s) and they're not in the best financial situation during the game. Maybe if things improved.
It could make Joyce happier and calm David down.

It would probably be after Chloe moved out. But once that kid's a few years old. Chloe would be an awesome big sister.
>>
File: tumblr_nyigovP9p91ukuuwko1_1280.jpg (623KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyigovP9p91ukuuwko1_1280.jpg
623KB, 1280x1280px
>>
boo
>>
2spooky4me
>>
>>173859075
Max looks cute in a dress.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN1fQKyljhU
>>
>>173856362
William Price Madsen would be a good name for their baby.
>>
>>173860814
Would be a little weird for David and Joyce to name that.
If Max and Chloe ever have a son, they can name him William.
>>
File: 1478306912425.png (2MB, 1500x1891px) Image search: [Google]
1478306912425.png
2MB, 1500x1891px
Chloe practices Proper Max-Carrying!
>>
>>173824672
How old is Frank?
>>
>>173865919
We don't know but I guess he's in his mid 20s.
>>
>>173850669
The Max on the cover image has dark hair, almost black.
>>
>>173865919
Mid 30s was my guess.

>>173867209
Too young in my opinion, especially since he realized he was too old to have a long term relationship with Rachel.
>>
File: tumblr_oobg53JaGV1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1829px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oobg53JaGV1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1829px
>They live in Seattle or San Francisco, Max picks up chloe from classes (she is probably studying art) and then they drive all the way back to their little apartment and talk about dumb stuff and take pics of dogs
>>
>>173871713
>they didnt went home
>>
File: tumblr_nwcnzga0SM1u7t5spo1_1280.png (706KB, 950x1050px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwcnzga0SM1u7t5spo1_1280.png
706KB, 950x1050px
>>
Whoops
>>
>>173871713
>>173872267
Is magma sheep one of ours?
>>
File: WELP.png (416KB, 768x926px) Image search: [Google]
WELP.png
416KB, 768x926px
>>173770141
I really like this picture.
>>
>>173873294
>Kate will never bless us with her presence in another game
>>
>>173873818
didn't you talk to her before?
>>
>>173873294
That's not Kate
>>
File: 1450484537854.jpg (518KB, 792x3234px) Image search: [Google]
1450484537854.jpg
518KB, 792x3234px
This picture reminds me of LiS for some reason.
>>
File: Sherlice Holmes 2.jpg (110KB, 634x630px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlice Holmes 2.jpg
110KB, 634x630px
>>173878454
My arch nemesis, the Tragedy Butterfly has struck again! The fiend!
>>
>>173871713
>>173872267
Woo! New Magma Sheep stuff!
I think Chloe does artistic stuff as a hobby, but her real calling is helping troubled kids and teens
>>
File: Oh no. I got shot. Again.png (250KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Oh no. I got shot. Again.png
250KB, 500x375px
At this point she's used to it.
Just a mild inconvenience Max rewinds away. Girl should invest in a vest.
>>
File: tumblr_oirnrsVfRY1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg (244KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oirnrsVfRY1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg
244KB, 1280x905px
>>173876549
Unfortunately not.

>>173879498
I first thought Magma might've switched up the names by accident, but maybe not.

The outfits are very stylish.
>>
File: tumblr_o822aasoPQ1s0uhrqo3_1280.png (314KB, 499x692px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o822aasoPQ1s0uhrqo3_1280.png
314KB, 499x692px
>>
>>173878454
Blue butterflies are bad news
>>
File: tumblr_npnnubKqfg1uud0cwo1_500.png (140KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npnnubKqfg1uud0cwo1_500.png
140KB, 500x472px
>>173878068
it's supposed to be, its just not that obvious
>>
File: 1440672714015.png (2MB, 711x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1440672714015.png
2MB, 711x1067px
God, she is so beautiful
>>
>>173885712
We know, Max
>>
>>173887006
The whole world must know!
>>
>>173887006
Is it an impostor taking camera phone photos in portrait mode or Max trying to fool us into thinking it's not her?
>>
File: iajBI3YPnbQ.jpg (189KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
iajBI3YPnbQ.jpg
189KB, 960x724px
>>173888119
Totally not me!

...Uh, totally not Max!
>>
>Max and/or Chloe could be browsing or posting here right now
>>
File: tumblr_nvs9fvz7bg1sy8gt8o1_1280.jpg (857KB, 600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvs9fvz7bg1sy8gt8o1_1280.jpg
857KB, 600x1400px
>>
>>173891948
And then they go home and take a shower together
>>
>>173537805
I FR*GG*NG LOVE KATE
>>
File: tumblr_nzley5D0XE1uyye8po2_1280.png (138KB, 1000x812px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzley5D0XE1uyye8po2_1280.png
138KB, 1000x812px
>>173893473
>>
I love beans
>>
>>173895467
So go the diner and get some, Frank.
>>
>>173890432
I doubt that, especially since they aren't real
>>
>>173897861
That's what you think
>>
Frank took some time away from Oregon after the storm. He returned a few years later, a changed man, and started an animal shelter in Arcadia Bay.
Kate volunteers some time there and the two of them became friends, even if Frank was petrified when he first met her.
>>
Let's be honest. Frank probably got traumatized by the tornado and is living on the streets as a junkie.
>>
>>173903482
He was traumatized by what happened to Rachel and that he played an unwitting role in it.
He may have been injured during the storm but if he stays true to his word and tries to turn his life around, he will be fine. He even gained some friends he could talk to if he needed it. Chloe would talk with him and Max would offer what advice she could.
>>
File: 2a90f2395e72aafc.png (152KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
2a90f2395e72aafc.png
152KB, 350x263px
Has anyone played this?
It's a Visual Novel set in an AU where you play as Max and there's no time-travel conflict whatsoever. Instead you just choose whether to romance Kate, Chloe or Victoria.
>>
>>173905207
did the kate one, its cute but what the fuck is with the mx dog thing how the fuck do i pronounce that
>>
Jefferson did everything wrong.
>>
>>173905207
I played all of the routes, it's a good game to just chill out and enjoy the writing/scenery. Plus getting the good endings is easy.
>>173905749
I pronounced it "Mix dog", but i'm probably wrong.
>>
Cool. "Denetii", creator of a bunch of pretty quality LiS renders, is apparently working on a post-Bae cinematic. Well, at least I think and hope it is post-Bae. This looks like the bunker after the storm, so there's that.
>>
>>173906959
Correct. He's awful at everything.
>>
>>173909221
Including photography
>>
>>173905207
Playing it at the moment. Only done Victoria so far, but loving it. Seriously top-tier.
>>
What denomination is Kate?

Catholic?
>>
>>
>>173908974
Oh sweet. I'm actually getting some Portal 2 vibes there.
But it looks like another Max nightmare since there's pictures of her there, even though she was never actually captured by Jefferson.
I hope it's post-Bae and not that other one
>>
>>173916432
2lewd
>>
>>173908974
Oh I hope this ends up being good and happy. Not just adding even more misery.
But judging by their other images it will be pro-bae. Yay.
>>
>>173908974
How did grass start growing so quickly? Unless this is set much later in which case how does the bunker still have power?
>>
File: tumblr_ood9nltUT31umm59wo1_1280.jpg (111KB, 717x865px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ood9nltUT31umm59wo1_1280.jpg
111KB, 717x865px
Werewolf Kate is grumpy.
>>
>>173920343
Who knows? May be just for visual impact or it may be a dream.
>>
>>173537762
Last time I was here people were doubting that this would make it to thread 200.

Also, it seems that most of the posts are the same.
>>
>>173922730
They are the same. But what do you expect? There's nothing new to talk about right now.
Just coasting on the hope of news and on the fact /lisg/'s approaching thread #500 (wowsers).
Hopefully in a few months we will be back into overdrive with digging, speculating, and theorizing.
>>
File: tumblr_o0vipokcOJ1qjin05o1_1280.png (404KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0vipokcOJ1qjin05o1_1280.png
404KB, 1280x853px
Happy Max is happy
>>
http://www.develop-online.net/interview/life-is-strange-s-christian-divine-talks-representation/0231582
>>
>>173923478
Short but interesting article. I never realized Christian only had one hand.
As the dialogue and text writer he really did do a good job making the characters feel believable and have depth. Even if their vocabulary was goofy.
Especially for the alternate Chloe scenes. He put a lot of thought into showing such a thing in a realistic way, which is why it's such a gut punch.

>But the main thing is just not to be exploitive. Not to go for the very simple solution to complex realities and to push yourself as a writer, to go beyond what would be the obvious response or obvious scenario.
Seems like he also should have been the story-writer.
>>
>>173920482
Calm down, Kate. Eat a snickers.
>>
Would Kate help me learn the fiddle?
>>
>>173914380
Intentionally left vague
>>
>>173879498
>I think Chloe does artistic stuff as a hobby, but her real calling is helping troubled kids and teens
Outside of the occasional spray paint, I doubt it. She's more of a nuts and bolts kind of lady.
>>
https://youtu.be/ek1hJmsHjys?t=709
>>
File: y2UHXSn.jpg (341KB, 1600x1033px) Image search: [Google]
y2UHXSn.jpg
341KB, 1600x1033px
>>173928515
She probably designed her tattoo and other drawings. Plenty of time to work on it when she wasn't paying attention in classes.
She could learn to fix up cars and even paint them. Gives her stuff to feel proud over and time to bond with David.

That may not work to the end of helping younger people. But maybe she could take those teens and show them how to fix and decorate stuff. Giving them creating ways to vent their anger/emotions and learn useful skills.
I wonder if Blackwell has an Industrial Arts Department.

She and her wife work there. Max teaching Photography, and Chloe teaching Shop/Automotive.
>>
File: tumblr_oodlq0Nfxb1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg (704KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oodlq0Nfxb1rhxvpto1_1280.jpg
704KB, 1280x1280px
>>
>>173930040
>They keep sneaking off to Samuel's closet, the faculty lounge, or Max's office during their breaks
>>
So I walked into the haze
>>
>>173933091
You know the rules, and so do I
>>
File: alice_party.gif (356KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
alice_party.gif
356KB, 320x237px
>>173933289
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
>>
File: 993oswI81s1wh5eo1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
993oswI81s1wh5eo1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>173933842
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
>>
A full commitment is what I'm thinking of
>>
So, what are your thoughts on Rachel Amber? Since she is an "off screen character" i don't see people talking about her frequently.
>>
>>173934713
She gets talked about every now and then.

Chloe was hella jealous when she showed attention to anyone but her.
>>
File: nn0zouVFWE1tq5i4bo2_1280.png (920KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
nn0zouVFWE1tq5i4bo2_1280.png
920KB, 1280x1810px
>>173934713
A lot of people either ignore her misdeeds or do the opposite and ignore her good actions.
I see her as omeone who made a lot of mistakes and acted foolishly, but never tried to hurt people (At last when it came to Frank and Chloe).
She thought her friends couldn't handle honesty so she fed them sweet lies to try to protect them.
I wish she survived and got a chance to apologize and make up for her actions. Her and Chloe would never work out as a couple (Rachel did not want them to be one, and deep down Chloe also wanted someone else ) but they could still be friends. She could cheer on Max and Chloe.
>>
>>173934957
Chloe would get jealous about Rachel, as she initially did with Max. It's one of Chloe's faults that she eventually admits and works to become better about.
>>
>>173934713
She was hot.
>>
>>173930040
Shit, I really like that idea.
Sounds cliche as hell but have a bunch of the characters working at Blackwell together.
>>
File: tumblr_nxmhpz3VQy1rsp3gio1_1280.jpg (288KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxmhpz3VQy1rsp3gio1_1280.jpg
288KB, 1280x905px
>>173936636
>>
>>173937197
Photography- Max and Victoria (Teach different classes and have a friendly rivalry at times)
Shop and Automotive- Chloe
Creative Writing- Kate
Technology- Brooke
Science- Warren
Gym- Dana
Health- Stella
Art- Juliet

That's what I thought of real quick. For certain projects different departments work together. And of course, Max and Chloe look for excuses to see each other during the day (Even though they're married and live together. Dorks.)
>>
>>173937197
>>173938595
>>173931067
Does anyone else sneak off somewhere?
>>
Tack Daniel onto the Art Department as well.

>>173939854
Some students say they've seen Ms. Chase and Ms. Marsh talking with each other more than other teaches seem to do and they've left school in the same car together before.
>>
>>173938595
>Science- Warren

oh shit
>>
>>173933842
>>173933289
>>173934141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IwfHdO36Y
>>
>>173940362
Hopefully the Science classrooms are in a separate building so any explosions kept from damaging other wings.
>>
>>173940441
Someone should take absurd amount of time and do that with LiS
>>
>>173934675
I could see Chloe singing this to Max one night and Max starts laughing and tells her to stop
>>
boop
>>
File: 1486065868253.png (1MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1486065868253.png
1MB, 1280x1811px
>>
Max is hella awesome!
>>
Was Rachel originally meant to have time powers or not?
>>
>>173947976
It was implied. She had a 4.0 gpa, while making friends with everyone at Blackwell, and having a relationship with both Chloe and Frank (and Jefferson).

And considering how big of a plot device her disappearance was prior to ep5, and how she can manifest herself as Max's spirit animal, the doe, a lot of people think she'd tie in with Max's powers and the storm.
>>
>>173947610
Yes she is.
>>
File: tumblr_okkc6303rg1u07b3fo3_1280.png (659KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okkc6303rg1u07b3fo3_1280.png
659KB, 960x1280px
>>
SEASON 2 WHERE ARE YOU AT NIGGA
>>
>>173953253
>Hand holding.
MODS!
>>
>>173953669
S2 ain't a thing yet
>>
>>173956734
And hopefully never.
>>
>>173938595
Juliet is a journalist; she'd be teaching English.

Stella would teach calculus.
>>
>>173948469
Nothing was cut haha :)
>>
File: makes you think.png (26KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
makes you think.png
26KB, 160x160px
Why majority of girls who played LiS ship Max with Warren while in real life guys like him are totally despised by them?
>>
>>173948469
Smart drugs don't give you the ability to manipulate time.

>>173954937
Kate would never degrade herself like that, let alone in public.
>>
>>173959834
Technically, they're correct to say that nothing was "cut", since this would be before confirmation of the story.

It wasn't implied, anyway, you dipshits.
>>
>>173945096
I could imagine her waking her up like that the day after she proposed or during the honey moon.
>>
>>173960041
Do you have any actual evidence for that besides anecdotes?
>>
>>173960041
Because they won't have to deal with the social stigma of being seen in public with a numale instead of an alpha god with a divine thundercock swinging between his legs capable of revealing the proper ingredients for lab experiments with its virulent pulsing.
>>
>>173960171
He's right you know.
>>
>>173960239

Do you have any actual evidence for that besides anecdotes?
>>
Warryn is a creep
>>
File: tumblr_mrwnuccHX81s199fdo1_250.gif (789KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrwnuccHX81s199fdo1_250.gif
789KB, 245x180px
Nibble nibble
>>
>>173962073
Why is Alice allowing herself to be eaten alive?
>>
>>173960105
>It wasn't implied, anyway, you dipshits.
Hola Saul!
>>
>>173965094
Saul has the best deductive reasoning in this thread, but I'm not him.

Saul actually gives a shit about the logic, past the memes about logic on here.
>>
>>173960068
But native american bloodoaths might
>>
Alice did nothing wrong.
>>
Lisa did nothing wrong.
>>
>>173963443
Kitty Vicky likes nibbling bunny Kate's ears. It's her way of showing affection.
>>
Is this game just a lesbian simulator?
>>
>>173970439
No. It's a misery simulator that balances things out with loving moments.
>>
>>173970358
Gnawing on someone doesn't sound very affectionate to me.
>>
File: etak.jpg (2KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
etak.jpg
2KB, 102x125px
>>
>>173953253
Neat detail that Kate's wearing one of Vic's concept art outfits.

>>173957936
That's a better fit.
>>
>>173970439
The lesbian part is optional
>>
File: tumblr_nww23ckUZE1r64mypo1_500.png (120KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nww23ckUZE1r64mypo1_500.png
120KB, 500x603px
>>173960041
Most girls i've talked to despise warren and think he's some kind of male rapist archetype.

>>173961087
let me just go to the research center for female opinions on fictional side characters to episodic story games, i'm sure they have tons of statistics
>>
>>173973219
Exactly, you fool. You aren't able to make any valid generalization.
>>
>>173973424
or maybe we could just have a casual conversation on an hungarian tabletop gaming image board without needing to source things like a college essay
>>
>>173973854
There's a reason one learns this procedure in college, you turd. It's to be able to apply it.
>>
>tfw WW3 starts before Season 2 release
>>
>>173974890
Woo boys! If I get drafted, I hope I get a tank and I'm painting "Pricefield" on the barrel.
If not then I'm drawing Hawt Dawg Man on my helmet.
>>
File: Park Bench.png (137KB, 368x357px) Image search: [Google]
Park Bench.png
137KB, 368x357px
>>173965094
Curious as to why you thought this was me. I like to think my banter is a little more diaphanous. Even if you still think it was, humor me?

>>173974360
There are no peer reviewed studies pertaining to how women respond to the fictional character Warren Graham. You don't ask for sources when someone says Max is cute. Doing so now is arbitrary. If you think the question is stupid then say so, or ignore it. Don't expect someone to link 30 tumblr blogs of women swooning over Warren.
>>
File: tumblr_nti7v4eMrM1s6nfl9o2_540.png (103KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nti7v4eMrM1s6nfl9o2_540.png
103KB, 540x675px
>>173974360
the question he asked is based off a premise he can only back with anecdotes, so instead of shutting down the discussion, we can all be anecdotal and actually talk about something on here beyond the same ending argument and cuteposting

>>173975770
if i get drafted i'll write whole to another universe on my head and put a bullet through it
>>
>>173977164
Well, making a statement about a populace's behaviour directly associates itself with statistics, more directly than a single declaration of a character's appeal to taste.

>>173977559
It stops being "interesting" when the original poster realizes that there is more than a single woman on the earth.
>>
File: tumblr_onphi3ou0g1r325xuo1_1280.gif (795KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onphi3ou0g1r325xuo1_1280.gif
795KB, 500x375px
>>
>>173977559
Some other good options are "This action will have consequences..." with a little butterfly doodle, or "Fuck ur selfie"
>>
File: 1476394172772.png (316KB, 902x614px) Image search: [Google]
1476394172772.png
316KB, 902x614px
>>173980508
"Always take the shot" works well for a ww3 scenario too
>>
File: Overcast.jpg (171KB, 700x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Overcast.jpg
171KB, 700x1209px
>>173978409
True, but expecting conclusive evidence for such an inconsequential statement is equally as fallacious as the statement itself. It's also a tad more obnoxious because it entirely misses the fact that triviality can be fun, and possibly lead to more in-depth discussion. Trivial questions will breed trivial evidence, but it can also breed interesting answers, so don't shut people down just because they don't qualify every single thing they say with, "In my subjective and purely anecdotal opinion". If you were trying to make a point then you should have made it directly, not in rhetorical questions.

Or just do whatever you want my dude, I'm mostly just looking for an excuse to keep the thread bumped at this point.
>>
>>173922730
>>173922953
There are plenty of topics to discuss, but most posters prefer uploading the same "cute" images over an over and rabidly discouraging debate. Passive aggressive complaining about ruining the comfy and attacks on any opinion not their own are far too common. Pranks are one thing, but acting like a complete dick is another.

Max and Chloe would not approve. Caufield defended Kate, despite not holding her strict religious beliefs. Chloe loves Max, even though she's a goodie two shoes. Where do you fuckers get off?
>>
>>173983330
It's the diva again. Just fucking leave, how about that? Reddit will love your ass. You even get upvotes there, sound good?
>>
>>173983330
Nobody discourages real discussion, they discourage idiocy and trolling.
I get that not everyone was on the general prior to the release of the last episode (or earlier) so newcomers have questions that have been answered in the past. Which is fine. Sometimes certain topics remain untouched for a long time and when they're brought up again there's new ideas.

What's not fine is when people come here and just try to shit things up. Purposely ignoring things because it puts a dent in their theory/belief, acting like Max has no agency of her own and is just whatever they want her to be, or purposely trying to rile people up with certain images or pairings.
/lisg/ has always been a very nice place, and that only changes in moments where people try to drag it down.
>>
File: tumblr_nvmm8tvbiz1rxputpo1_1280.png (586KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvmm8tvbiz1rxputpo1_1280.png
586KB, 1280x1280px
>>
>>173983591
If you are who I think you are, it isn't who you think it is, my contentiously familiar friend.
>>
Tyrone knows what's up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hs254mhWbw
>>
I want to hold Kate's hand.
>>
>>173985537
>When this fucking video appeared in Renderanon's epilogue
I'm still miffed. (Joking)
Great that someone spent five bucks to troll /lisg/
>>
>>173985537
>someone actually paid him for that
>>
Dance Chloe!
>>
>>173985183
I'm not who you think I am and I don't care that it's not the Bayfag. Then I kindly invite you too, to fuck off. "Rabidly discouraging debate" what kind of overdramatic manchild are you?
>>
>>173991250
Dead girls can't dance haha :)
>>
Chloe is alive and will be so for the next eighty years or so.
>>
>>173993387
Then Chloe will get Alzheimer's and forget everything before she croaks haha :)
>>
Chloe retains her memory up until her moment of death.
Closing her eyes one last time and then reopening them to see her father, mother, step-father, and Rachel waiting for her. They enter heaven and Max joins them eventually, from that point she and Chloe spend eternity together.
Occasionally bringing their spirits to Earth to have a look around.
>>
>>173993387
Nah, she dies in the canon ending.
>>
>>173996745
But she's the one driving in the ending. Besides, Max likes Polaroid more than Canon.
>>
Neither ending is canon.
>>
>>173999730
Well the true ending is Max going back to save Chloe and warn more people, or even prevent the storm.
The first step in that plan is to save Chloe, from there Max can work to use her pictures to warn others and make sure Jefferson is caught earlier. Neither ending is canon but the Sacrifice Chloe option is entirely off the table.
>>
The live action series will make the Bay ending canon.
>>
Then we pretend the live action series never happened. Bay will never be canon in any capacity.
Dontnod won't allow it.
>>
>>173974890
Season 2 is never coming out.
>>
>>174006227
It will, we just don't have any idea when. Or what it will be.
>>
>>174008298
Too bad Dontnod is focusing on that guarantee of a flop Vampyr.
>>
Are Chloe and Max married yet?
>>
>>173547493
new fetish
>>
>>174010407
I can't see Vampyr flopping and even if it did they can still make LiS S2.
It's two separate teams and they have the money for both.
>>
>>174011538
Maaaaybe. Depends on whatever time flow your agree with. Either two years they've been together or almost four. It was discussed earlier ITT.

So they probably are or Chloe's still figuring out how she wants to propose.
>>
File: nicolas-sitbon-lis4.jpg (350KB, 1920x1181px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-sitbon-lis4.jpg
350KB, 1920x1181px
>>
>>174014240
Looks cool.
I could see Chloe, Rachel, and Frank hanging out there and drinking. Maybe Chloe could bring Max there at some point.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_oddrvejrTU1u7kjkpo1_1280.jpg (302KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oddrvejrTU1u7kjkpo1_1280.jpg
302KB, 1280x1280px
Who's a precious bun-bun?
>>
>>174014240
Nice, I thought it was one of Caplain's work for a second.
>>
>>174020987
Alice is cute and fluffy!
>>
File: 1441760580656.png (779KB, 1060x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1441760580656.png
779KB, 1060x1356px
What Chloe would do in this situation?
>>
>>174025183
Save both of them and brutally kill whoever is trying to make her choose.
>>
File: 1485614992619.jpg (799KB, 1256x1803px) Image search: [Google]
1485614992619.jpg
799KB, 1256x1803px
>>173983857
>mfw I'm a published author
>mfw I'm a produced screenwriter
>mfw I have a short film screening in a festival this summer
>mfw You think I care about your opinion on storytelling

>acting like Max has no agency of her own and

I'll salvage a discussion from your shitpost.

In LiS, the player has as much control over Max's character as the reader has over her namesake in Catcher in the Rye. Due to the presence of the journal, a player's choices only affect the actions, but not the character of Max.

Her relationship with Warren is a telling example. Regardless of whether the player chooses to ignore his advances or accept his invitation to the movies, Max explains in her journal that she's only interested in him as a friend. He isn't a romantic option, but the player can chose how she reacts to his advances. She either gives him a cold shoulder or treats him as a friend. At most she gives him a peck on the lips. I've never chosen that option so I don't know how she reacts to it in her journal, but I doubt develops feelings for him.

In that sense, the player's choices only add color to her character, but Max remains the same. Interacting with different characters more than others determines how she finds Victoria, but not much more. She's still the same character.

Debate is welcome.
>>
>>174025421
If the events play out roughly the same as what the picture is based on then that would mean Chloe would brutally kill Rachel who faked her death.
>>
>>174025489
I don't think that was a shitpost, but I agree with your points since I was making them as well.

There's some (thankfully few that ever come here) that act like Max is entirely a blank slate.
That they don't like Chloe, therefore Max does not like her. That they would let Chloe die, so that means Max would. That they like Warren, so that means Max does. And a bunch of other stuff like that.

I know that Max has established feelings towards certain things and people. Her romantic inclinations are towards Chloe no matter how you play, even if you deny Chloe the kiss Max says she wishes she kissed her. It's clear that Max is a written character and not someone for the character to entirely define, the players only offers her advice at times. You cannot change Max's feelings or thoughts.
>>
>>174027486
>That they would let Chloe die, so that means Max would.

That's an option in the game. There's no denying it. The developers created the ending. Grow up.
>>
>>174027830
And Max would never chose it. I don't care if it's in the game.
It's also an option to get Pompidou hit by a truck. Does that mean Max can canonically abuse animals?
>>
>>174028740
No, but she could overthrow or toss it towards the street without thinking.
>>
>>174028932
But once it happens she sees the results and can rewind, knowing that course of action does not end well.
It's the same with going back to let Chloe die, Max knows it will end badly so she doesn't do it.
>>
>>174029040
Nope. She did it. Go cry about it.
>>
The only reason why discussion is dead is because nobody is allowed to talk about anything but Pricefield. Ever since that shitty ending this place has been a hugebox for that pairing.
>>
File: After the storm.jpg (206KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
After the storm.jpg
206KB, 1280x800px
>>174029175
Nope :)
Never. You can leave now.
>>
>>174029190
What else would you like to discuss? Maybe something about the town or Blackwell?
>>
>>174029370
That would actually be a nice change of pace.
>>
File: 1484708538462.jpg (156KB, 735x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1484708538462.jpg
156KB, 735x1086px
>>174029338
haha :)

>>174029370
How about what Samuel does with the women's clothes in his shed?
>>
>>174029190
You can talk about anything from the game.
People just chose to keep bringing up the endings. There's still a whole rest of the game that was good and full of stuff to discuss.
Of course the general is strongly geared towards Pricefield, and always has been, it's the focus of the game. Even so, few people have ever had problems with posting other pairings unless those posting them were obnoxious about it.
>>
>124 posters

the fuck?
not even during the release period we had this many posters
>>
>>174029489
A certain someone who keeps getting b& changing their IP to evade it.
We do not have that many posters.
>>
>>174029461
The problem is Pricefield has been obnoxious, and is bathing this general in headcanons and fanfiction, taking them as fact. Not to mention they get easily triggered over absolutely nothing.
>>
>>174029436
Nasty cut she's got. Must have been from skateboarding. She should wear a helmet but she's too stubborn and she knows then her hair can't be seen in the photos Max takes.
>>
>>174029645
Honestly I'm a little tired of the Pricefield dominance of discussion as well but being confrontational about it probably isn't going to help matters.
>>
>>174029858
Then what will help?
>>
File: tumblr_nt8vetSsup1unmioro1_1280.jpg (296KB, 1280x1321px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8vetSsup1unmioro1_1280.jpg
296KB, 1280x1321px
>>174029645
Sounds like a personal problem. Nobody's had issue with for the past two years.
/lisg/ has always been Pricefield. The only ones to get upset by that are people who don't like Chloe or don't like the game in general.

If you want to praise the Bay ending, discuss how "your Max" loves Warren, or other similar things then there are other sites. Do not try to change this general because it triggers you.
>>
>>174029923
Just find another topic and keep the discussion flowing. Ignore Pricefield if it bothers you.
>>
File: tumblr_nzgb1nJoQR1remx4ko2_1280.jpg (426KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzgb1nJoQR1remx4ko2_1280.jpg
426KB, 800x800px
>People wanting /lisg/ without pricefield
HERESY!
>>
>>174029593
Negative. I don't rewind my bans.

>>174029945
>triggers you
You're the one who throws tantrums whenever the Bay ending comes up.
>>
>>174029945
Where in my post did I say I like Bay or Warren? This is what I'm talking. Obnoxious. Pricefield is fine, but this General can't just be a hugbox where it's the ONLY thing we talk about.
>>
Can I get dibs on making the next thread? I haven't done one in a while and I have an idea.
>>
>>174030254
Fine. So come up with something to talk about in the next thread.
>>
>>174030254
There's plenty of other topics discussed here.
Open your eyes and you will see them. If it bothers you THAT much then filter "Pricefield". Absolutely no one has an issue with talking about the other parts of the game. It's been done in this thread and the hundreds before it.
>>
>>174030279
I was thinking about making a Easter edition like in the last year.
>>
>>174030458
Good idea.
>>
>>174030458
Oh okay. I back down then.
You can go ahead. I can make one another time.
Easter it up.
>>
File: tumblr_o0alf6iZG01v3a82vo2_1280.png (206KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0alf6iZG01v3a82vo2_1280.png
206KB, 850x850px
>>
New thread

>>174032554
>>174032554
>>174032554
>>
>>174032513
Stella has cute feet.
>>
>>173577710
>>173578057
>>173579115
I've always had the idea that LiS2 should revolve around the same premise of the powers, but in like episode 2 or 3 the main character does something that gets this girl killed/hurt and you rewind and it's Max. You end up talking for a bit after she sees your shock and kinda pieces it together (that would be your first real graphic experience). Depending on your save file from last game, she would eventually bring up what happened in the last game's ending ("lost my best friend"/"lost the town I grew up in"). If you have no save, she'd be more general and hesitant to open up. I wouldn't want Max to be a character in the last game, but I need to see her again.
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 233

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.